HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Strange Plaque Found In Ground
Posted by: Adam C. ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:42PM

This weekend, I was digging a small trench behind my house to lay some corrugated tube to redirect rain water, and found this strange plaque about an inch below ground. I cleaned it up by sanding it and painting in the text, and it looks good as a decorative piece. The plaque reads "CO613 WK04 B PHASE." I have no idea to what this plaque signifies, other than it being used during some sort of construction (because of the phase and week identifier). Does anyone know what this plaque came from? I live in West Springfield, in the Cardinal Forest neighborhood.
Attachments:
20131102_214005.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Strange Plaque Found In Ground
Posted by: Miss Utility ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:44PM

You were supposed to call me...

Date: November 02, 2013 09:49PM

Apologies to miss utility, it was an area that anyone in their right mind wouldn't place wires. Right under a rain water outlet. I guess the companies work in mysterious ways

Posted by: Knower Of Things ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:58PM

Mostly likely, it's related to the drainage ditch. It was either left there to identify that particular drainage system or was left there as trash, so to speak.

Posted by: SiriusB ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:43PM

Most likely an electric utility pole marker. The old poles may have been replaced by underground cables in your area. If you call miss utility to mark your property before digging, you will be sure to avoid any buried cable electric lines when digging around back there.

Posted by: 395runner ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:57PM

Yep, call to have it marked. Either some kid pried the tag off a power connection and lost it back there, or there is one back there. Better safe than sorry.

Posted by: Dr. ()
Date: November 03, 2013 04:29AM

Thanks for finding this. When I created Frankenstein this was the bar code I had bolted to the back of his neck. If by chance you find any bones don't worry about it. We buried him up in the woods of what Cardinal Forest many years ago.

Posted by: GeezerDude ()
Date: November 03, 2013 05:46AM

Power Company locator for a device.. CO613 is their map number.. WK04 is the map grid.. accros to W down to K then within WK section, across to 0 then down to 4..

B Phase is the designation of the primary conductor (A, B or C phase.. three large conductord on top of a power pole)

Compare the CO613 with the markings on nearby power poles or boxes, they should be simular.

Date: November 03, 2013 08:25PM

Thanks Geezer, great explanation.

Posted by: Agent J ()
Date: November 03, 2013 08:53PM

{deploys neutralizer}

What plaque?

Posted by: Tag - You are it ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:46PM

It was attached to Cox Communications materials used during the upgrade that we suffered through 10 years ago.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.