HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cafe Rio
Posted by: impatient ()
Date: September 26, 2012 08:16AM

Foods pretty damn good but if theres a long line you might as well forget about it, that place is soooooooo fucking slow. Anymore then 15-20 people in line and its a guaranteed half hour wait!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cafe Rio
Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: September 26, 2012 09:37AM

Which one are you referring to? The one in Seven Corners is pretty miserable. I'd drive to the one in Burke if I knew I could get my food in a timely manner...

Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: September 26, 2012 09:39AM

The one in Centreville doesn't seem slower than anywhere else, though I haven't been there during peak times.

Posted by: impatient ()
Date: September 26, 2012 09:48AM

snakeinthegrass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which one are you referring to? The one in Seven
> Corners is pretty miserable. I'd drive to the one
> in Burke if I knew I could get my food in a timely
> manner...

The one in Greenbrair. The long waits when busy will be Chipotles only saving grace!

Posted by: No ()
Date: September 26, 2012 10:21AM

Um, no. When it comes to burritos, Chipotle is champ. The burritos at Cafe Rio are lacking, big time. Although, everything else there (Rio) is very good.

Posted by: Cafe Rio Burke Sucks ()
Date: September 26, 2012 03:13PM

Then don't ever go to the Cafe Rio in Burke. I was there a few weeks ago in a line of 5 for 40 minutes...40 minutes for 5 people!!!
Took the food home and had the wrong order. Went back and got nothing but eyerolls from the manager Ronaldo.
He is probably the worst manager in the entire food industry. The food is pretty good, but I think I'll stick to Chipotle.

Posted by: The worst ()
Date: September 26, 2012 03:25PM

Cafe Rio Burke Sucks Wrote:
> Then don't ever go to the Cafe Rio in Burke. I was
> there a few weeks ago in a line of 5 for 40
> minutes...40 minutes for 5 people!!!
> Took the food home and had the wrong order. Went
> back and got nothing but eyerolls from the manager
> Ronaldo.
> He is probably the worst manager in the entire
> food industry. The food is pretty good, but I
> think I'll stick to Chipotle.

He is the worst manager in the entire food industry because he rolled his eyes at you?

Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: September 26, 2012 04:43PM

We avoided the Cafe Rio in Burke for a long time based on the comments regarding slow service, but that has not been our experience in 3-4 visits. Maybe it is the time of day, but we have been there around 1pm on Saturday and we were through the line in under 5 minutes.

Cafe Rio and Chipotle are different enough IMO to make a 1:1 comparison, but I agree that Chipotle's burritos are better. Still, Cafe Rio has a broader menu and the limeade is addictive.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: September 27, 2012 08:02AM

Cafe Rio has some really good food. Their grilled chicken salad with the house dressing is awesome. For burritos I stick to Chipotle. The key for CR is going off peak times.

Posted by: snakeinthegrass ()
Date: September 27, 2012 08:34PM

0tter Wrote:
> Cafe Rio has some really good food. Their grilled
> chicken salad with the house dressing is awesome.
> For burritos I stick to Chipotle. The key for CR
> is going off peak times.

Easily the worlds worst business plan. They need to stop singing about nachos and get back to work.

Posted by: Piggylorton ()
Date: September 28, 2012 01:17AM

Cafe Rio has good fresh food, but it's confusing to order and their menu isn't posted clearly. It's loud, fast paced, and confusing. I would think they'd have a tough time keeping employees. I'd be miserable working in that environment, but the staff seem happy enough.

Posted by: Cafe Rio Burke Sucks ()
Date: September 28, 2012 04:57PM

Oh there is plenty more to the story. Not only that but when I initially called to come back and get a new order, he was rude and berated me over the phone THEN we went back to the restaurant and got nothing but eye rolls, a nasty attitude and refusal for the district managers information. For someone who worked in the food industry for 4 years, yeah that's pretty shitty of a manager to do. All of his employees were completely miserable and looked like they wanted to quit on the spot. When the employees were getting noticablely frustrated with the mess that was created, he made it worse buy throwing peoples orders into one giant pile. Never offered to help a single person. Instead he stood there and put guacamole on shit and condesenced the customers who were sooo noticably pissed by asking if the reason why they looked frustrated was because they had a long day. One of the employees thanked me for yelling at him and calling him out for running a shit establishment.

So yeah, he's the shittest manager in the industry. As far as I've seen.

Posted by: Alpha Male ()
Date: September 28, 2012 10:31PM

The Yelp reviews on this place speak volumes. Most reviewers think it sucks.

Posted by: Chipotle ()
Date: September 29, 2012 12:13AM

Cafe Rio is not bad, but I would take Chipotle over it any day of the week.

Posted by: dyinghere ()
Date: October 01, 2012 12:53PM

Sat evening, 6:00 PMish, Cafe Rio in Burke. Maybe 20 people in line. Easy 1 hour wait! They tried to claim they were short staffed - it was all kids working so from what I can gather the did not have an adult there to manage the place and the kids were in way over their heads. It was actually quite sad.

Posted by: sandy dunes ()
Date: October 20, 2012 04:58AM

austin grills better

Posted by: tail gunner ()
Date: October 20, 2012 09:20AM

Burke Chipotle has lots of hot GMU babes eating there. Go for the food stay for the ass.

Posted by: Burke store sucks ()
Date: October 20, 2012 10:40AM

I used the online system thinking this might be faster. We ordered at 7:15 to be ready at 8pm (and not on a Tuesday). My wife was picking up and was 9 mo. pregnant. She didn't end up getting out of there with the fairly simple order until 8:45. She mentioned that even after she arrived at 8 and told them she was there for the online order, people who walked in got their food faster.

It's good food but there is seriously something wrong with their general system. I've worked in restaurants so I'll give anyone a pass when you're just starting up but they should seriously have their stuff together by now.

Posted by: Hours? ()
Date: October 21, 2012 01:17AM

The teenage staff starts breaking down and cleaning the facility an hour before they close and then claim to be out of food so as not to dirty their grill. I also see a lack of management on site frequently. Drinks tanks are often empty. They are out of cherry grenadine frequently. Their daily special isnt ready at opening on Sundays. It's always something.

I've also been given a hard time about what I want on my tacos. They only offer me lettuce and salsa. I like cilantro and chorizzo cheese and always have to special request that much to their dismay.

The place has good food, a good location, and good prices, but they have a lot of kinks to iron out.

I'm rooting for them, but keep my expectations quite low when frequenting the joint.

Posted by: comeon2 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 10:19AM

That place is a great place for fresh food. You get to pick what you want on it. The soda selection is great. Problem with the heating of the food that the pizza style machine melts the cheese but does not make the chicken or beef hot or even warm. That is the only thing that takes away from this experience. Blows away Taco Bell and that other Taco place people complain about.

Posted by: Christa ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:20PM

Okay, so I went for taco Tuesday again and I have to say that the line is really annoying. It moves so slow and the orders are always mixed up. The stress of the line bums me out more than enough to deter me from the yummy tacos. Sorry, just becoming so not worth it.

Oh, and the last two times we went, there was a terrible stench eminating from the trash cans that we moved tables several times just to try to get away from it.

Great tacos, or not. There is a lot more to a food experience and Cafe Rio is just not getting it right.

Posted by: MIMITW ()
Date: October 21, 2012 01:03PM

Its a large corporate chain, what do you expect?
Attachments:
i-am-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-therefore-fuck-you.jpg

Posted by: comeon2 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 03:20PM

Did you ever think the smell could be coming from the people you are with or the people at the next table? How could they get the order wrong, when they ask you and put the topings on in front of you. Speak clearer.

Posted by: JuanWilliams ()
Date: October 25, 2012 06:57PM

I love the salsa, its da best

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.