HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
rocs temp agency
Posted by: rocs jobs ()
Date: November 02, 2013 11:37AM

Does anyone know anything about ROCS employment agency located in Herndon? Anything positive or negative, are they a legit company or are they a rip off for people trying to find jobs? Do these type of agencies take a huge portion of the salary or hourly pay?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rocs temp agency
Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: November 02, 2013 12:08PM

ROCS is a legit temp agency- and they work just like any other temp agency- pay you $12 an hour and bill the client $30....and when its time to get perm hired, they want a lump sum of like 10k to "let" you be that new company's employee- so if you just need a check I'd take it- but don't count on it turning perm.

If you are trying to get an apartment/mortgage or even buy a car with this new job let me tell you now- a majority of real estate management/financing companies WILL NOT take your temp paystub as proof of income- even if you are on a 6-12 month assignment- the whole point is it's TEMP and they could kick you to the curb tomorrow even if you have done nothing wrong....so take it as you will.

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: November 02, 2013 12:45PM

The finder's fee is often waived for temp-to-perm if you're with the client for a long time, typically at least a year. It also depends on whether you're a slaried employee of the agency or a hourly contract employee, in which case check the contract. If you're salaried, there will almost always be a finder's fee.

The variance between what the agency pays you and what the client pays the agency depends. If you're new to the agency, the difference could be large. If you're valued by the client, it could be small. Typically, you have to have worked with that client for a while and the agency doesn't have to recoup recruiting costs to fill that position. It all depends on your knowledge of supply and demand in your area of the job market, your past work experience, etc.

Posted by: Timmy S. ()
Date: November 03, 2013 08:22AM

I contacted ROCS when I graduated in 2012 and they found me a temporary job in DC. After 3 months the employer reached out to ROCS to hire me on full time. I've been at this company ever since. As far as the fees go, I'm pretty sure that the student doesn't have to pay any fees, it's only the employer that has to pay the fees. I would recommend them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.