HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McDonalds Buffet
Posted by: Chris Warren ()
Date: July 22, 2012 10:14PM

What ever happen to McDonald's breakfast Buffet? The on in Fair-city had one..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McDonalds Buffet
Posted by: Chris Core ()
Date: July 22, 2012 10:21PM

KFC used to have buffets too. I think it's died out in the fast food world.

Posted by: buffets suck ()
Date: July 23, 2012 12:41AM

Probably too much food wastage and too low of profit margins. Between the low lifes stuffing biscuits and gravy in their purse, morbidly obese jabba the huts eating metric tons of food, and wasteful dickheads who like loading up plates just because they can and then leaving most of it at their table, I don't how you can make it profitable business model.

Posted by: blurg ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:32PM

Golden Corral and Old County Buffet certainly are not hurting. I regularly see sumo wresler- types going in and out of them.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:47PM

Probably the snakes that Bleh deals with, overpopulated the buffet warming lamps as some sort of breeding ground, and the result is what we all have to contend with in Fairfax.

Posted by: lovefoodtoo ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:58PM

love that place

Posted by: its because ()
Date: July 25, 2012 06:43AM

Scammers would take a cup and a plate at 7am to start eating then not leave until restaurant closed or they shut the buffet down (especially at KFC), claiming they're "still eating" just to sit there and soak up the heat/AC and free drink refills all day. Not a bad deal to pay $6 for the buffet for a drink and sit there and eat all day long- then have tupperware in their purse to take some "to go"...

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 25, 2012 08:30AM

> (especially at KFC)

That buffet was awful. I knew somebody who used to go in and gorge on that, then steal chicken. He'd put it a bag and sneak it out to his car, sometimes leaving with 15-20 pieces of fried chicken.

When that's the kind of customers you attract, it's not surprising you can't stay in business.

Posted by: asianlover ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:17AM

Not sure if other buffets do this but I noticed Captain George's Seafood Buffet does this little trick:

My girlfriend, her parents, and myself went to Captain George's. When I eat seafood buffet all I eat are the crablegs. The servers always come around and clean out the plate/bucket of empty crablegs. I have noticed now that after the third plate they take the plate/bucket of empty crablegs and not replace it. In other words they are saying, "Ok, you had enough." Well, all I do is just get another empty plate and put the empty shells on that and continue.

Really, if a buffet say "all you can eat" then it means endless gorging until you are full. The restaurants can't bitch and complain about it or stop you because then it is false advertisement which means LAWSUIT!!!!

Posted by: slim whitman ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:31AM

If I owned a restaurant in this area or anywhere in the U S the last thing I would have is an all you can eat. Just looking around at all the fat fucks you have to know its a losing proposition.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: July 25, 2012 09:48AM

asianlover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure if other buffets do this but I noticed
> Captain George's Seafood Buffet does this little
> trick:
>
> My girlfriend, her parents, and myself went to
> Captain George's. When I eat seafood buffet all I
> eat are the crablegs. The servers always come
> around and clean out the plate/bucket of empty
> crablegs. I have noticed now that after the third
> plate they take the plate/bucket of empty crablegs
> and not replace it. In other words they are
> saying, "Ok, you had enough." Well, all I do is
> just get another empty plate and put the empty
> shells on that and continue.
>
> Really, if a buffet say "all you can eat" then it
> means endless gorging until you are full. The
> restaurants can't bitch and complain about it or
> stop you because then it is false advertisement
> which means LAWSUIT!!!!

Maybe the phrase "all you can eat" is the owner telling the customer, not the other way around?

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: July 25, 2012 10:45AM

you have to eat more than you ordinarily eat to make buffets worthwhile. the gluttons have driven up the cost of buffets. a lot of people go there because they can mix and match diffent entrées instead of ordering a predefined meal. the third group are the mostly old people who go there because they sit and chat for hours when there's only a few customers.

Posted by: stephen ()
Date: July 25, 2012 12:42PM

The mcDonalds buffet was a good deal. Old country buffet is a pretty good deal, except you run the risk of germs from all the 3rd world people putting their hands in the food trays.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: July 25, 2012 01:06PM

This idea behind a buffet is so that people can get their food quicker to their specifications and/or sample items they would not want to purchase a full portion of. It is not there for gluttons to "pig out".

Posted by: toe jam driver ()
Date: July 28, 2012 11:56AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> This idea behind a buffet is so that people can
> get their food quicker to their specifications
> and/or sample items they would not want to
> purchase a full portion of. It is not there for
> gluttons to "pig out".

A couple weeks back I took the fam to Golden Corral in ManASSas early on a Saturday while en route to skyline drive. I saw this huge redneck guy go up and put all the bacon on his plate! I am estimating that this was like five pounds of bacon, he washed it all down with about a dozen scrambled eggs and like four diet cokes then he had cake and ice cream for desert and was still eating as we were leaving. I felt queasy the rest of the day just thinking about that dude. Sadly they do allow people to "pig out" like crazy.

Posted by: Theresnodoubtaboutit Hes Super White ()
Date: July 28, 2012 03:04PM

You are all fat white people yes? Quick survey to determine

1) Do you think you are better than other people?
2) Do others think you are better than other people?
3) Do you take longer than 15 minutes on a toilet for a bowel movement?
4) Do you think black pepper is spicy
5) Do you actually live outside of Fairfax, but love coming on Fairfax to make it seem like Fairfax is as crappy as when you actually live?

If you answered yes to atleast 3 of the above you should go to Wal-Mart, your homeland, get a gun and after 3 days go ahead and shoot yourself in the face 7 times (will require a reload, we all hope you can do it)

Posted by: gag me with a spork ()
Date: July 28, 2012 03:16PM

Chris Core Wrote:
> KFC used to have buffets too. I think it's died
> out in the fast food world.

Looks like the buffet in Vegas Vacation Gross!! The gravy looks like pudding.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.