HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Crosswalk on Silverbrook @ Crosspointe Drive
Posted by: Heads Up ()
Date: June 06, 2012 02:18PM

A new crosswalk was painted this morning on Silverbrook Road @ Crosspointe drive, following December's pedestrian fatality at the intersection. Drivers should approach with care, since the warning signs are not in yet and the crosswalk is hard to see...it is at the crest of the hill when approaching from either direction on Silverbrook.

This crosswalk will probably be used frequently by children, since the pool, elementary school and a church are on the south side of Silverbook and are used by many in the community from the north side of the road.

Please drive carefully through that area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Crosswalk on Silverbrook @ Crosspointe Drive
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: June 06, 2012 02:48PM

I'm sure the “Crosspoint Creeper” was there to make sure any kids crossing were safe. Plus, he just likes to look at pretty crosswalks, they don't have any in his own neighborhood.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 06, 2012 02:51PM

@More - +1 ;)

Date: June 06, 2012 05:45PM

True, we can do without the creeper. I just hope they get the signs up before we have another disaster. As it is now, it just gives a false sense of security to anybody crossing there.

Posted by: HmptnRd@sshle ()
Date: June 06, 2012 06:32PM

Heads Up Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A new crosswalk was painted this morning on
> Silverbrook Road @ Crosspointe drive, following
> December's pedestrian fatality at the
> intersection. Drivers should approach with care,
> since the warning signs are not in yet and the
> crosswalk is hard to see...it is at the crest of
> the hill when approaching from either direction on
> Silverbrook.
>
> This crosswalk will probably be used frequently by
> children, since the pool, elementary school and a
> church are on the south side of Silverbook and are
> used by many in the community from the north side
> of the road.
>
> Please drive carefully through that area.

Fucking busybody trying to tell me what to do. When you're crossing, you better run 'cause if I don't stop for animals, I'm sure as hell not stopping for a bunch of fat jesus freaks.

Date: June 06, 2012 06:57PM

@Hampton - You can thank me later when you avoid the ticket for failure to yield, or when you miss hitting the 12 year old.

You can use the money use save to buy a dictionary.

YLB

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: June 06, 2012 08:27PM

Is there a full moon? The other nutjob, the Creeper, who's next? Fairfax, I want to get the hell out of this shithole. If this is the best we can do, this place is far beyond the insane asylum I had thought it to be.

Posted by: toothy ()
Date: June 06, 2012 08:33PM

Doesn't matter. The Asians won't pay any attention to it anyway...

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:26AM

The four new overhead lights will make more of a difference than a crosswalk.

Besides, wasn't there talk about this individual in December, possibly stepping out into traffic, and it not being the fault of any driver?

Heads Up Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A new crosswalk was painted this morning on
> Silverbrook Road @ Crosspointe drive, following
> December's pedestrian fatality at the
> intersection. Drivers should approach with care,
> since the warning signs are not in yet and the
> crosswalk is hard to see...it is at the crest of
> the hill when approaching from either direction on
> Silverbrook.
>
> This crosswalk will probably be used frequently by
> children, since the pool, elementary school and a
> church are on the south side of Silverbook and are
> used by many in the community from the north side
> of the road.
>
> Please drive carefully through that area.

PLEASE ppl of Crosspointe: PLEASE do not think that Crosswalk is going to protect you!
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:34AM

@22039 - sounds like yr right :(

A 2010 GMC Acadia driven by a 36-year-old Fairfax Station man was traveling east on Silverbrook approaching Crosspointe Drive when Henley stepped in front of the vehicle and was struck. The victim was thrown into the westbound lane on Silverbrook Road and was then hit by a second vehicle; a 2005 Chrysler mini-van being driven by a 46-year-old Fairfax Station man.

http://fairfaxstation.patch.com/articles/pedestrian-hit-by-car-killed-on-silverbrook-road-saturday-night#comments_list

The crosswalk will get ppl killed if they continue to cross Silverbrook in the same way (without looking or caring about the traffic and thinking cars gonna stop) but it at least will make the ppl of Crosspointe feel better, I guess...........................

Re: PLEASE ppl of Crosspointe: PLEASE do not think that Crosswalk is going to protect you!
Date: June 07, 2012 11:07AM

The driver was not charged, in part due to the utter darkness of the intersection at the time of the accident, so the pedestrian could not be seen. That's why the lights went in so quickly. VDOT has been asked to review conditions on Silverbrook, since the current design of the road is hardly consistent with the level of traffic now that the prison is closed and all those homes have been built. It's possible the crosswalk is part of that.

I just want drivers in the area to know that the crosswalk is now there, so as to eliminate the surprise factor as they crest the hill. I too think it creates a false sense of security for pedestrians, especially kids. Having the right of way doesn't make broken bones (or funerals, for that matter) any less painful.

Re: PLEASE ppl of Crosspointe: PLEASE do not think that Crosswalk is going to protect you!
Posted by: Silverline Cynic ()
Date: June 07, 2012 06:08PM

Prolly save the county money - no more school bus needed to drive the kids across the street to the school.

Date: June 16, 2012 04:45PM

Signs warning drivers of crosswalk now installed. I guess 10 days is not too long, but it seemed forever.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.