HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A SUMMER SOLUTION for elementry school age children that you can feel good about!!!
Date: June 07, 2012 07:51PM

SUMMER LEARN, EXPLORE & PLAY GROUP - for elementary school age children

EVERY mother knows, summertime logistics can be a nightmare! We spend countless hours looking for just the right place to leave our children. Camps are expensive, over crowded and usually start and end during working hours. Babysitters are cheaper, but often boring and sedentary. Home daycares are apt to have babies, toddlers and older children all together, guaranteeing your child will have limited attention and spend a lot of time waiting on the younger children. . .. . ..that's not fun for them.

I live in McLean and am the mother of two daughter, (11&17). My older daughter will be working with me this summer. Both of us are very energetic, love to be outside and have experience working with children. Our SUMMER LEARN, EXPLORE and PLAY GROUP has 2 OPENINGS!

BEFORE the FUN begins EVERY weekday, we will spend 1-2hrs(MAX) on "school work". Our goal is to ensure that all the kids retain what they have learned to date. We will probably make a little progress toward the next school year! My older daughter is a rising senior at McLean HS and an excellent student. I have a very close relationship with my younger daughter's school teacher and she has generously offered all the resources and guidance I need. I had considered sending her to summer school (she struggles a little and needs a year round focused and planned "school" to do her best), but decided one on one work with me and her sister would be much more effective and efficient. If there are specific areas your child struggles with, I am happy to work with you to create a plan that will benefit THEM. We will do this daily, but I will make it fun! Repetition rather then intensity and positive, confidence building is my approach, BECAUSE IT WORKS!

ALL the rest of the time will be active, exciting and FUN, FUN, FUN. We are members of the Kent Gardens pool and will play there as often as the kids like. Other fun and adventures will include, Water parks, bowling, movies, basketball, baseball, library, picnics, WII games, museums, National Folk life festival, playgrounds, baking days, crafts, hikes by the creek and more.

To ensure each child gets enough time and attention, I am limiting the group to 6. Each child will have an equal opportunity to pick each days fun! Our home is smoke free and we have no pets. We will provide lunches and snacks. We are charging $250 a week. You can find cheaper rates, I know, but none of them will leave you feeling confident your child is having the best possible summer, second ONLY to YOU!
Thanks for taking the time to consider my offer and please email me if you would like to meet with us to discuss further.

madelinegrace9501@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A SUMMER SOLUTION for elementry school age children that you can feel good about!!!
Posted by: Duhh ()
Date: June 07, 2012 07:54PM

Is this now a classifieds?

I have mustang brakes for sale and will be dropping a few trees soon if someone needs wood.

Try craigslist lady!

Re: A SUMMER SOLUTION for elementry school age children that you can feel good about!!!
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:01PM

Duhh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this now a classifieds?
>
> I have mustang brakes for sale and will be
> dropping a few trees soon if someone needs wood.
>
> Try craigslist lady!

Will you be pulling the trees down with your now brakeless mustang?

Date: June 07, 2012 08:06PM

No, The brakeless mustang is what Madeline will use to bring these brats she watches to my house where they will cut down my trees.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 07, 2012 08:13PM

Can we get Madeline's older daughter to help chop some wood? She's 17, I know, but which side of 17 is she on?

Date: June 07, 2012 08:25PM

Not touching that one.....until she turns 18. Then I'll touch it all over. Wonder what this Madeline looks like. Maybe I'll email her....

If she's making 6k/month watching a few kids I'm in the wrong business.

6 kids x 40 hours/week x $10/hourly rate for manual labor = $2400

6k + 2400 = $8400/month

$8400 x 12 = 100k

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.