HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Centreview Spreading Misinformation About Drugs
Posted by: Your Neighbor ()
Date: June 23, 2011 09:00PM

Please note that I do not condone drug use by your average citizen. I don't condone the use of illegal drugs, as they are obviously against the law. I realize there are also plenty of legal drugs out there, so if you use those I believe you should use discretion.

That being said, I absolutely appalled by an article I just read in the June 23 - 29, 2001 issue of the CentreView.

I don't know if the horrible and blatantly incorrect information contained in the article is due to the horrendous reporting of our own Bonnie Hobbs, or just the police Sargent not knowing what the hell he is talking about, or if he is purposely spreading bad information, but I have never seen such inexcusable behavior before in the CentreView.

"Go on the Internet, do the research and know what you are up against," said police Sgt.Jim Cox, a "narcotics expert" at Sully District Station.

This guys says this, but the article says this: "He noted the increase in PCP use in Washington D.C., and phencyclidine use in Fairfax County. The latter is a horse tranquilizer used for a 1,100-pound animal so, said Cox, "When humans take it they don't feel pain and they hallucinate like there's no tomorrow."

PCP and PHENCYCLIDINE ARE THE SAME FUCKING DRUG.

This guy is a "narcotics expert"? You better load that horse up with some "PCP" Sgt.Cox because that bull over at your station is shitting all over the place. There are so many things wrong with that statement I can't even type it all.

The article goes on to say "They're even using ground nutmeg. By ingesting a lot of it, you get a heroin like high - but you can die from an overdose."

WHAT FUCKING DRIVEL. NUTMEG IS A DELIRIANT. It produces an intoxicating, delirious high, and if it is like any other drug, it would probably be mushrooms. It is not "heroin like."

Again, this guy is a "narcotics expert"? He should hand over his badge for pure stupidity. I hope he is reading this.

So...is this horse-manure purposeful misinformation to push an agenda, the result of sheer stupidity and lack of attention to Sgt.Cox job, or yet again more despicable "Journalism" on Bonnie Hobbes part?

I'll let you decide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreview Spreading Misinformation About Drugs
Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: June 23, 2011 10:13PM

PCP and phencyclidine?! Next thing you know, they'll be using angel dust.

Posted by: Barneyfrankenbeans ()
Date: June 23, 2011 10:49PM

Yea, or that horrible heroin-like drug LSD. God forbid they use that stimulant Marijoona.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: June 23, 2011 11:16PM

I never tried the nutmeg thing but I wanted to just for kicks. I heard you have to eat at least a tablespoon full and you are guaranteed to puke, but then you trip.

Edit: Never heard you can die or anything. I think I didn't do it because I just didn't like the puking part. Didn't sound like much fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 11:18PM by Johnny Walker.

Posted by: Your Boy ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:19AM

I'm sure the 10 people that read the Centerview will give as much of a fuck as the rest of us. Thanks for the report

Posted by: Yup ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:40AM

Typical. People like you are why are we American's don't have a great reputation around the world. How many times do you scream "Thank you sir, may I have another" you sheep.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: June 24, 2011 09:47AM

A perfect example of if you sound like you know what you're talking about and you present the information with enough authority, people will believe you and will believe you're knowledgable and perhaps even an expert. Even if you don't know the difference between a hand rolled tobacco cig and hand rolled weed cig.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 24, 2011 10:01AM

I don't care either.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 24, 2011 10:59AM

What do you expect from a guy named "Cox" ?

Posted by: kojak ()
Date: June 24, 2011 11:06AM

Your Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure the 10 people that read the Centerview
> will give as much of a fuck as the rest of us.

lol

Posted by: dboi89 ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:21PM

All drugs should be legal or possession for personal use or sale should be a misdemeanor because the war on drugs is a failure.

Posted by: Anon. ()
Date: August 04, 2011 05:38PM

Lulz. They do it for the Lulz so they can sit back an lol at your drug ignorance.

Posted by: Blurp ()
Date: May 24, 2012 09:08PM

Yes they do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"The horse jumped over the fucking fence." - Kurt Vonnegut

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.