HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Job FAIR at Reston Lake Anne Skillsource Center THIS THURSDAY 12:30-3:30pm
Posted by: JohnJr ()
Date: May 15, 2012 08:53PM

Free Job Fair: Call (703) 787-4974 for more information--These employers below are expected on site to talk about position opens and their hiring process on Thursday, May 17th 12:30pm-3:30pm:
Admiral Security Services
Airserv
Fairfax County Government Department of Human Resources
Gate Gourmet
HMS Host
Home Instead Senior Care
INOVA Health System
MV Transit/Metro Access
Five Star Home Health Care
Harris Teeter
Securitas
No registration required, but come dressed to impress. Be sure to park on N. Shore Rd. or at the Lake Anne Plaza parking lot--follow guides and signs to event.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Job FAIR at Reston Lake Anne Skillsource Center THIS THURSDAY 12:30-3:30pm
Posted by: Oh Shit ()
Date: May 15, 2012 09:33PM

QUICK....someone let DCRTV Dave know! That fudge packer could certainly use a real job.

Posted by: Your worst nightmare ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:43PM

Wow. Stalk much, fag?

Posted by: Here is my answer to this job fair. ()
Date: May 16, 2012 08:25AM

Admiral Security Services= Security Guard= $9 an hour, part time, probably have to pay to get your guard license (which runs from $150-250 depending on who you train with). No felonies, drug test.

Airserv= working at dulles cleaning airplanes=$9 an hour and you have to go through federal 10 year background check drug test.

FfxCO HR=HR HELL. $12-20 an hour if you have a degree, but you have to put up with a bunch of old white women talking about their grandkids all day and some indian/asian people who speak with a heavy accent you can't understand- yet they are in HR. I temped there about 3 years ago. Background/drug test.

Gate Gourmet= $8.75-everyone starts at that. A union job, but you will be on you feet ALL DAY moving super fast in a factory setting at Dulles. My friend works there on the 4am- 12 noon shift- she says it is ALL immigrants in there (mostly affican and indian/asian/ 5050 women and men, hardly NO americans except for management (ALL immigrants on the floor) so you have to deal with people yelling at you to hurry up and cussing you out in 10 different languages. The work is steady though and if you are desperate it is worth a shot. Be ready to WORK though. Background and drug test.

HMSHost- Dulles airport restaurant/retail cashier workers. $9/hour, probably part time. Background/drug test.

Home Instead Senior Care- $10 an hour to put up with pissed off seniors cussing you out because you didn't wipe their ass and bring them their OJ and their crazy pills fast enough? No thanks, I got my own family to take care of! Something tells me they drug test, background check maybe (all those stories of nurses stealing patient's things while at their house IDK!)

INOVA Health- Unless you have a degree or are already in medicine or know someone that works there, forget it. Hard to get in entry level unless you know someone. They do pay well if you can manage to get in. You know damn well they drug test and background check! This would be worth going to the fair for if interested.

MV Transist/Metro access- do you really want to drive the van around all day for $11/hour and no benefits hardly lifting heavy disabled people and their stuff, then sitting in traffic for hours? Didn't think so. At least a cabbie can make tips...

Five Star Home Health- See Home Instead

Harris Teeter- Nice place to work, but only $9/hour for only 8-25 hours a week. RARELY any full time. If you can live off that....background and drug test.

Securitas- see Admiral.

Tl;DR all (but Inova and FfxCO) pay $9 and are more than likely part time. You would be better off applying online if you are truly interested.

But then again, I don't know who can live off of $360/week or $1440 a month BEFORE taxes in Fairfax County without having many roommates. If they're driving from other counties to take these jobs its a loss of money once you factor in the gas/metro commmuting. Thats a rant for another day...hope I saved someone some time.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: May 16, 2012 09:23AM

Some people who need money can't afford to turn up their noses.

Posted by: free cheese ()
Date: May 16, 2012 09:38AM

Here is my answer to this job fair. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But then again, I don't know who can live off of
> $360/week or $1440 a month BEFORE taxes in Fairfax
> County without having many roommates.

Check with Sharon Bulova. The county rent out luxury condos at section 8 prices.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.