HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
most lenient place to get your motorcycle inspected
Posted by: zx6 ()
Date: April 07, 2012 08:47AM

Anyone know the best place in the area to get your bike inspected that would be the most lenient? all my stuff works however it might not be correct "distance apart" or other crap

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: most lenient place to get your motorcycle inspected
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:20AM

All posts asking how to get around known safety inspection problems should be written as follows:

"Dear all readers, Let me get this out of the way. What I drive is dangerous and I know it may hurt me and it may end up hurting you. Fuck you and your families and friends, my convenience is more important than your health. Now where can I get this thing passed?"

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: zx6 ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:29AM

your an idiot, something like a tail light activation switch on a front brake lever means nothing when you use both brakes anyway. so there for the rear brake activator would light the tail light up. people like you should never be given a computer. and the reason why arizona are trying to pass "no trolling" laws. you fat fuck

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:42AM

I see, after being called out the "distance apart" stuff has now turned into tail light activation switch problems. What else is there I wonder. No matter, hopefully the safety inspector will tell him all about what is wrong.

Posted by: rider2 ()
Date: April 07, 2012 09:50AM

zx6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know the best place in the area to get your
> bike inspected that would be the most lenient? all
> my stuff works however it might not be correct
> "distance apart" or other crap

Manassas Honda. They are by the book on serious safety issues but dont push the gray area nitpick stuff. I was having trouble getting my sportster passed and a state cop told me about Manassas Honda. They dont hate on Harleys there either.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: April 07, 2012 10:02AM

zx6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> your an idiot, something like a tail light
> activation switch on a front brake lever means
> nothing when you use both brakes anyway. so there
> for the rear brake activator would light the tail
> light up. people like you should never be given a
> computer. and the reason why arizona are trying to
> pass "no trolling" laws. you fat fuck

Actually, it's "you're" and "therefore", when conveying one's thoughts...

But to your post - As one who has ridden sport bikes for over 20 years, I don't follow your logic. I was always more concerned with who took care of my bike during the inspection, rather than who was lenient.

Forgetting about the safety of others, I wanted to be sure MY BIKE was safe FOR ME. I also wanted to be sure it was not scratched of damaged during the inspection process.

Here's my "tip" for an easy pass on your bike: Make sure it is clean before taking it to the shop for inspection. I don't mean clean, I mean CLEAN!!! So clean, the wheels sparkle. If the wheels are clean, you will convey that the rest of the bike is maintained well. A well maintained bike won't be scrutinized like a dirty bike.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: pony ()
Date: April 07, 2012 10:10AM

how hard can a switch be to fix, is that something that costs like thousands of dollars or is this a fifteen dollar part that no-dick can buy for his crotch rocket

Posted by: rider ()
Date: April 07, 2012 10:21AM

So if one out of your two brake light switches it out already it makes perfect sense to "think" the other one wil never go out leaving you with nothing you cheap moron. makes perfect sense to me

Posted by: f-the bishop ()
Date: April 07, 2012 10:35AM

I think i know what zx6 is talking about. The correct distance apart is for the turn signals and lights. if he modified the lights with aftermarket stuff and have the turn signals into the faring it may not pass, because the law says the have to be a certain distance apart from the side of the motorcycle.
Try fast lane cycles. I think they may have moved or changed names. look it up. rick geggs was always up front and honest with me, he also races motorcycles.

Posted by: Then Came Bronson ()
Date: April 07, 2012 12:16PM

Jesus Christ, dude, most inspection stations just give bikes a cursory look anyway. Just get a damn front brake switch.

Posted by: jack MeHoff ()
Date: April 09, 2012 02:45AM

just take it to a regular gas station,, they never see bikes and don't know what to look for. As long as all your signals and lights work you're good.

Posted by: undertaker ()
Date: April 09, 2012 09:22AM

Motorcyclists need to save for their funerals. That's more important than silly shit like brake light switches.

Posted by: Atticus Finch ()
Date: April 09, 2012 09:38AM

"Motorcyclists need to save for their funerals. That's more important than silly shit like brake light switches."

That's real funny, Nancy. Why don't you concentrate on driving instead of playing Angry Birds on your fucking phone, and maybe you won't kill someone on a motorcycle...

Posted by: busa ()
Date: April 09, 2012 12:28PM

Check your fuses and relays first. Switch is about $15 on ebay. If all elso fails, just tap your front brake wiring into the rear brake, its easy. Also why do you use both brakes? I rarely use my rear brake. Just get it fixed, all they check is tires, brakes and lights and as someone mentioned, people at an everyday gas station don't even know two shits about bikes and if they do ride then they will probably show leniency but why go through the hassle over a simple switch

Posted by: perspective ()
Date: April 09, 2012 12:35PM

By my read the OP is trying to ride for some kind of image thing and doesn't know anything about what he is riding. He also doesn't want to put any money into it which is dumb because he can die from a mechanical issue.

What I think happened is he already got it inspected and it failed, now he's looking for somewhere else to take it and probably pay more for re-inspect than to get it fixed. DOPE.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: April 09, 2012 01:03PM

I'd go with the normal gas station idea. When I owned a bike I called a shop to find out what they were going to be looking at to make sure I would be able to pass and the guy that does the inspections got on the phone.

Inspector - Does it have wheels and headlights?
Me - Yes.
Inspector - Bring it in and I'll slap a sticker on it.

Posted by: Gonzo ()
Date: April 11, 2012 10:07PM

Most gas stations could be OK, but for the love of God don't go to Don's Sunoco in Falls Church unless you have about an hour to kill.

Posted by: John Holmes ()
Date: April 12, 2012 12:26AM

You would really have to spic out the cycle for it not to pass inspection.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.