HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Worst apartment complexes in Ffx county?
Posted by: space_cats_do_acid91 ()
Date: October 14, 2013 07:24PM

Browsing for a studio, what are the worst as far as building maintenance/crime which should be avoided?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worst apartment complexes in Ffx county?
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: October 14, 2013 08:06PM

There are websites dedicated to rating and reviewing these complexes with an abundance of information at your finger tip. This is not an efficient way of arriving at that information.

Posted by: 12 oc ()
Date: October 14, 2013 08:12PM

hands down virginia village in annandale.

Posted by: Its garbage ()
Date: October 14, 2013 08:35PM

Seminary hill apartments, fucking horrible. Yes it's Alexandria city but regardless stay away from these apartments

Posted by: Lots of Spics ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:42PM

Fairmont Gardens on Little River Turnpike. It used to have a police substation inside it. It's also KFC/Taco Bell adjacent.

Posted by: Escaped23 ()
Date: October 15, 2013 08:39PM

Lots of Spics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fairmont Gardens on Little River Turnpike. It used
> to have a police substation inside it. It's also
> KFC/Taco Bell adjacent.

Lived in Fairmont Gardens 1972-1986.
Was a nice white typical suburban neighborhood in the 70's.
No crime. Halloween was great as a kid.
Place really went downhill mid-80's.
Lots of Central America immigrants moving in.
They would sit on the steps drinking beer all day.
They almost burned down my building once from a kitchen fire.
Leaving something on stove and forgetting about it (cause they were drunk)
Roaches everywhere too.
So happy to get out of there.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 15, 2013 09:05PM

_White_288.jpgfile.php?40,file=213551,filename=refugee

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 09:29AM by WingNut.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 15, 2013 09:06PM

_White_288.jpg

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 09:29AM by WingNut.

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: October 15, 2013 09:12PM

Apartment complexes just suck here. Overcrowded, overpriced, noisy neigbors, parking garages, weird food smells, thumping bass and quasi-gang activity.

You are better off renting a condo or renting part of a house or basement in a neighborhood. Or do the Craigslist roommate thing.

Posted by: Shana ()
Date: October 15, 2013 11:57PM

I live in regents park they are nice

Posted by: James ()
Date: October 16, 2013 12:08AM

Yup. I recently moved to Mount Vernon Apartments. Broke the lease in a half a year. The two bedroom was 1250, which come to find out was kind of pricy, although it was decently spacious.

Anyway, I have to start by saying that I have lived in quite a lot of different types of places, settings and lived with such an earthly variety of souls from all over the world, and 99% of the time, I've learned, when neighbors treat one another like neighbors, then you got yourself a good community.

Mount Vernon Apartments "ASK US ABOUT OUR SPECIALS!"
What a deal. All that space, on facility laundry, a "basketball court", an Aldi right in front of it... Seems safe, right?

I guess they may have left out a thing or two. Per day. For one, the people who lived around me were all nice, and I never failed to get along with a single person. Mind you I was one of the only five or six white people there.

The overwhelming police presence should have been the first giveaway. Crime is very high there. The management has deals with the police to help find fugitives. Everyone knows Bonnie Hungerford. They are good people, that is, unless you need something fixed. They never once ever came by to fix the dishwasher. It was on the list at the beginning. There were roaches, because the other tenants who wouldn't ever clean their shit up. I used to pick up their bags and pull out the receipt, where it showed the last four digits of their EBT card. They used their foodstamps to buy Starbucks. Then left it in the hallway.

On-site staircase dwelling CRACKHEADS! Yes, that's right. Go all the way downstairs, and you never know WHAT you might find! Feel safe, ladies. Those empty bags, burnmarks, piss puddles, broken stems and chore boy are all there because that is where his office is. He fends off other crackheads.

Many people live there are super fucking loud and don't give a shit.

The Maintenance crew managed to fuck us several times, through mysterious leaks, to "being forced" to break a toilet so they can charge us for a new one. People constantly just get drunk and high and walk all over the fuckin place leaving their shit everywhere. I can't stand motherfuckers who refuse to improve their lifestyle or self worth and as a result make everyone else them feel embarassed to share a cultural similarity with said slob, if not that than just plain don't like leaving in the morning and the first thing that approaches you is GIN BREATH at 8 am, which you can smell and hear from across the god damn parking lot, because people can't seem to learn to talk to each other without acting like a bunch of fucking ignorant apes hollerin at cars going by and shit. Motherfucker, send a text. Walk ten feet. Stop yelling from across the way.

@ Wingnut: Oddly enough, I like Seven Woods much better. A bit cozier, less noisy, plus ive known too many people from that back block too long. A lot of fun in those woods.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.