HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any chance at Tech
Posted by: Hokey pokey ()
Date: October 13, 2013 03:57PM

Dors my kid have any chance at Tech with 26 ACT. And 3.5. Last two years are 4.0. Fresh yr problems. Please serious replies. Ways to increase chances?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any chance at Tech
Posted by: eP9vw ()
Date: October 13, 2013 04:00PM

Itt Tech?

Posted by: NC A&T ()
Date: October 13, 2013 06:32PM

Blowjob for the recruiter. Maybe a little ass to mouth.

Posted by: I asked for serious ()
Date: October 13, 2013 06:51PM

Can no one here be serious

Posted by: German_the_Dean ()
Date: October 13, 2013 07:33PM

I asked for serious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can no one here be serious

Stupid questions get stupid answers.

Do you really think people here are an authority on this subject? Check average scores/gpa on college-board, apply to tech and shut the fuck up and wait for the decision.

Posted by: Dean of Admissions ()
Date: October 13, 2013 07:43PM

There's always Radford!

Posted by: bn ()
Date: October 13, 2013 07:50PM

Want to increase chances? More extracurricular activities. Get them involved in sports, clubs, and speaking to the counselor might help. Don't forget about recommendation letters.

On a side note, if you're asking on behalf of your kids, I wouldn't be so concerned with them not getting into Tech. I'd be concerned that they'll flunk their classes.

Nonetheless good luck.

Posted by: CollegeBoy ()
Date: October 13, 2013 07:51PM

Have you considered Towson.

--------------------------
Twilight is best pony....FACT!

Posted by: SATs ()
Date: October 13, 2013 08:10PM

Who doesn't take the SATs? wtf?

Unless you're in the top percentile of the ACT I bet they just trash your application. No one has time to keep up on that alternative shit.

Posted by: Chaengus ()
Date: October 13, 2013 08:27PM

Check with your Hs counselor.....see what has happened in the past from his HS ..what the low/high ACT and SAT scores...of those who applied and those who got accepted...

Posted by: College Planning for All ()
Date: October 13, 2013 08:37PM

ACT is fine. Consider having him apply to The College of Agriculture (or Agriculture as a major- whatever college it's in - I haven't looked up VT in awhile) You get the idea. Choose a less competitive College within the University to apply to. Look up the Undergraduate Catalog online on VT website. It will be a very large document. Study it carefully. It should spell out exactly what he will need to take for each major. He needs to -look like- he will be successful in the coursework required. Good insights in the document. He can work (perhaps hard) to change his major once he has some classes under his belt. Also look at The Common Data Set document online. Good Luck

Posted by: Looks like JMU ()
Date: October 13, 2013 08:44PM

Date: October 13, 2013 08:51PM

Tell him/her that he needs to sway his HS counselor to recommend him. I'm not sure "what's up" with the power of the guidance office, but I would assume they have some power (and remember - there is a Head of Guidance, they are the boss of the other guidance counselors. Suggest to your student that they have a heart-felt talk where they really emphasize their great academic improvement.

Have then keep their nose clean (so to speak) Dec-Jan, Winter Break, especially New Year's Eve a lot of seniors will get in trouble at parties. The HS will hear of it -and it's just about the time they are writing their recommendations for students. It may matter. I would assume the HS counselor has a say -for the Virginia universities. Act as if they do, anyway.

Posted by: Sharonista ()
Date: October 13, 2013 09:25PM

For those considering college if things dont work out there is always welfare, food stamps and section 8 housing. No degree required. Just a thought not a sermon.

Posted by: Oh my Hokie pie ()
Date: October 13, 2013 10:34PM

ACT better measure of overall Intelligience and got 28 on Science portion. Do you think Cappx and Parchment are good predictors

Date: October 14, 2013 07:37AM

If you're a maybe for VT from a Northern Virginia public high school (the problem is you are from Northern Virginia), you would likely get into Clemson with a possible merit aid. If you really want to think outside the box -look at Michigan Tech where they are likely to give you merit aid to bring the cost down to in-state tuition.

Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: October 14, 2013 07:56AM

Would NOVA-->TECH work?

I did NOVA--->another school...I'll go find it on nvcc.edu n/m

Posted by: run away ()
Date: October 14, 2013 08:28AM

You should be arrested for child abuse. No caring parent sends their kids to Virginia Tech. That school is for retards.

Posted by: So what's good run away ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:21AM

Then where would you go

Posted by: run away ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:53AM

So what's good run away Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then where would you go

Well Va Tech is ranked 69 in the country. That would mean at least 68 schools would be better. But no sane rationale person wants to be a turkey.

Posted by: You are turkey ()
Date: October 14, 2013 09:56AM

You went to UVA, didn't you. Only a Cavalier is so rude.

Posted by: Serious ()
Date: October 14, 2013 10:27AM

I believe your child does have a good chance to get into VT. With the grades on the upswing it demonstrates that your kid is getting his or her act together academically. Colleges like seeing this trend and often award such efforts. Many of my friends went to VT and they aren't exactly rocket scientists.
These days, with its star on the rise, George Mason is actually much tougher to get into than Tech. Good luck.

Posted by: George Mason ()
Date: October 14, 2013 11:10AM

You can get into Mason. It accepts much lower ACT scores than VT, UVA, W&M, and W&L.

You should pick your school based on what you want to study. You need virtually 4.0 and 32/33 ACT to get into VT's Engineering or Architecture schools because of their reputation.

Posted by: Medicine ()
Date: October 14, 2013 02:59PM

Wants ti be premed

Posted by: help25 ()
Date: October 16, 2013 07:48AM

she really needs to see a counsler

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.