HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Library Event Tonight, October 10th At 7:00 PM
Posted by: protest book burning ()
Date: October 10, 2013 05:13PM

Community Dialogue on Libraries

Sponsored by Fairfax County Public Library and Providence District Supervisor Linda Smyth

Thursday, October 10, at 7:00 pm

Luther Jackson Middle School Cafeteria
3020 Gallows Road, Falls Church 22042
Enter building through Door 4 which has
direct access to back parking lot.

Open to everyone who cares about our Fairfax County Public Libraries.

We need your thoughts: How do you use libraries? How would you like to use libraries?

What do you see as the future direction for our library system?

What is the role of books and traditional resources?

What is the role of technology?

Please join us!

###

Ed Long, the man who authorized the destruction of 250,000 books will be there as his job is on the lineā€¦

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Library Event Tonight, October 10th At 7:00 PM
Posted by: sam the summary man ()
Date: October 10, 2013 10:12PM

Room full of angry librarians and taxpayers.

Librarians don't want to be downgraded to customer service representatives.

Taxpayers upset about large scale book burning, County gets 6 cents for each 30 pounds or so they send to be pulped.

Library management staff very much on the defensiveā€¦this could get ugly.

Posted by: yLm6c ()
Date: October 10, 2013 10:23PM

Are they still talking about killing off the libraries and turning them into internet cafes and teen hangouts? Fucking morons.

Posted by: all gone ()
Date: October 10, 2013 10:59PM

The internet cafe idea is dead. They are still arguing about getting rid of books though.

Bad news, not a single LILF to be seen. Sigh.

Posted by: wasteofmoney ()
Date: October 11, 2013 12:03AM

Just rid of the stupid libraries altogether. Make them museums or something.

There is absolutely no need for libraries anymore. If you've been to one in FFX County you know their largely filled with weirdos. It's worse than going into a GameStop or Springfield Mall.

Posted by: cdecarlo ()
Date: October 11, 2013 10:12AM

Thank you for starting this thread about our libraries burning our books.

It was a coincidence that I read 1984 last fall. I saw it at Thomas Jefferson library one weekend when I had taken my children to the library. A librarian had coincidently propped it up at the end of a shelf and it must have called to me when I walked by because I noticed it and decided to check it out even though my first thought was that it was going to be very dry.

Reading 1984 has reinforced my belief that libraries are an essential component of an informed and knowledegable society. The books libraries contain are an important resource for reading skill development of children, life lessons for young adults and adult critical thinking.

It was a coincidence that I became an independent candidate for Fairfax County Sheriff in August and it is a coincidence that I am now campaigning for the opportunity to fight Big Brother and a coincidence that I am campaigning to explain how the Sheriff is our only Offical that can protect the Constitution from Big Brother. I thought you might be interested in knowing about the campaign and that I have just produced a western genre campaign rap video and posted it on Youtube. The video is titled, "Democracy Rides Again" and it is a story about how Big Brother tries tries to ambush me in a gun fight because he realizes that I will destroy his racket if I am elected Sheriff. The link to the video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Iidp5T_Y0. The video also shows me riding a Palomino named Nilla.

My website http://www.HonestyAndEthics.com has a link to a press release http://www.honestyandethics.com/he/Press Release.pdf, it's attached here also, that explains the video in the context of Big Brother's Oceania, Nilla that represents democracy and a saddle that represents the Constitution. The press release references the recent disposal of Fairfax County library books as another indicator of how a work of fiction is moving closer to becoming a work of non-fiction.

It is also a coincidence that I have determined that the obscure Office of Sheriff is in fact our highest law enforcement official, the only law enforcement official elected by the citizens (no political party obligation required) and, most importantly the only official with the authority to protect the integrity of the Constitution where the power of the people has been usurped by the political parties. These concepts are illustrated in a Flowchart of Corrupted Governance that is titled "Local Political Sheriff = Big Brother's Protector." http://www.honestyandethics.com/he/Big Brother's Protector.pdf. The flowchart is also attached to this message.

I would have attended the library meeting last night to meet other concerned library patrons but I had already agreed to participate in a League of Women Voters candidate forum at the same time in Reston. Please post any information about the organization that is working to defend the libraries or call me at 703-973-8102.

Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in these endeavors.

It's another coincidence that I saw your post. Let's keep it alive.

Chris DeCarlo
Fairfax
Attachments:
Press Release.pdf
Big Brother's Protector.pdf

Posted by: The Jungle ()
Date: October 11, 2013 12:05PM

Apparently there was quite a bit of discussion about why/why not Upton Sinclair's works were not readily available in the library system.

Posted by: erik von zipper ()
Date: October 11, 2013 05:22PM

Bring back the bookmobile.

Posted by: watsalieberry ()
Date: October 14, 2013 12:55AM

Lieberry=video stores.No need for a $75k customer service rep.
close them all.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.