HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hey Braddock? Ready for Supervisor Moon?
Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: November 05, 2008 01:13PM

Having dealt with this lightweight, I can't believe the dems. can't find a better candidate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2008 01:14PM by Thomas More.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey Braddock? Ready for Supervisor Moon?
Posted by: SB Members are worthless ()
Date: November 05, 2008 01:56PM

Let's look at Moon's legacy:

Voted for Gatehouse II even though 60 schools need $1.8 billion for renovations.

Made virtually no effort to reduce the minority achievement gaps-actually killed many programs that help these kids.

Voted to install security cameras in high poverty schools to catch poor kids stealing food in the cafeteria.

Supported Jack Dale and his absurd attempts to defy NCLB by threatening to not test the ESL kids.

Supported the infamous morality gap report which concluded that 3rd graders who don't do their homework are more immoral then their White and Asian counterparts.

Did nothing to ensure fairness in the Western County Boundary Study and excluded Langley from the redistricting-even though that school is overcapacity and some kids live 15 miles from the school.

Voted in favor of shifting $2 million from BRAC planning to SOCO middle school which is in direct violation of The Public Finance Act.

I could go on all day-this guy is a wallflower, a follower, a self-serving ineffective politician who should be put out to pasture.

Posted by: uhh... ()
Date: November 05, 2008 04:25PM

Not a fan of Moon or anything but I believe he was the only school board member to vote against the Gatehouse 2 proposal.

Posted by: Moon should retire ()
Date: November 05, 2008 04:35PM

uhh... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a fan of Moon or anything but I believe he was
> the only school board member to vote against the
> Gatehouse 2 proposal.

He initially opposed it but voted in favor of the "new and improved" proposal-it was a unanimous vote. He sold himself out-yet again.

You would think the Democratic Party would learn after Janet Oleszek's whooping at the polls last election.

GET THE MESSAGE-VA Democratic Party-WE WILL NOT SUPPORT SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES for other offices.

Date: November 05, 2008 05:19PM

Moon should retire Wrote:
> >GET THE MESSAGE-VA Democratic Party-WE WILL NOT SUPPORT SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES for other offices.<<

Braddock is solidly D whereas Olesek's district was more evenly spit.

If the Rs don't come up with a superstar, the winner of the D's primary/convention will win the Supervisor's job.

Date: February 04, 2009 09:44AM

With the D primary set for next Monday and Tuesday, the fix is in for Mr. Moon. How about it Braddock?

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 04, 2009 03:04PM

uhh... Wrote:
> Not a fan of Moon or anything but I believe he was
> the only school board member to vote against the
> Gatehouse 2 proposal.

He only did that when he decided to run for BOS. He supported both Gatehouse properties prior to that. He's done NOTHING on the school board, except support affirmative action at TJ, which would penalize Asians in favor of Blacks. Oh, and he supported the dumbing down of math, EVERY, SINGLE, TIME.

Moon will win Braddock and then continue to do nothing on the board of supervisors.

Date: February 04, 2009 03:05PM

Posted by: I guess ()
Date: February 04, 2009 03:46PM

I guess Moon was counting on a Bulova win because I got a mailer from him in my mail TODAY asking me to vote in the Braddock District democrat primary next week. LOL. No chance.

Date: February 04, 2009 09:49PM

Yes, his website has been up for a long time.

www.moon4supervisor.com

At least that will get him off the school board.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.