HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Does anyone have any creepy neighbors?
Posted by: Need help with creepy neighbor ()
Date: September 16, 2013 08:53AM

I have a problem with eavesdropping nieghbour. My condo has thin walls and some of the things that I have had heard coming through the walls suggest that my neighbours are eavesdropping on me. I remember I had recently gotten a job offer and was told what the salary would be and repeated the details back to the person in HR. Only to hear someone one from the other unit get up from a corner of the shared wall and say "oh he got a job that pays (stated amount) " they also like to make comments about how I always watch tv or I always talk on the phones with my friends or I am always sleeping. Moving is not a solution right now and I already hung blankets on the shared wall and play the radio to get some priacy. But it seems like this neighbour and her guests have nothing better to do to get in my business and make comments about my life or what they perceive to be my life. Because trust me I am not that talented where I can watch tv, talk to my friends on the phone and sleep all the time. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this where I can preserve some shred of privacy with persistance eavesdroppers and I suspect that some stalking may be involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Suggestion ()
Date: September 16, 2013 10:48AM

Need help with creepy neighbor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a problem with eavesdropping nieghbour. My
> condo has thin walls and some of the things that I
> have had heard coming through the walls suggest
> that my neighbours are eavesdropping on me. I
> remember I had recently gotten a job offer and was
> told what the salary would be and repeated the
> details back to the person in HR. Only to hear
> someone one from the other unit get up from a
> corner of the shared wall and say "oh he got a job
> that pays (stated amount) " they also like to make
> comments about how I always watch tv or I always
> talk on the phones with my friends or I am always
> sleeping. Moving is not a solution right now and I
> already hung blankets on the shared wall and play
> the radio to get some priacy. But it seems like
> this neighbour and her guests have nothing better
> to do to get in my business and make comments
> about my life or what they perceive to be my life.
> Because trust me I am not that talented where I
> can watch tv, talk to my friends on the phone and
> sleep all the time. Anyone have any suggestions on
> how to handle this where I can preserve some shred
> of privacy with persistance eavesdroppers and I
> suspect that some stalking may be involved.

I used fans to between myself and the walls in my apartment. The fans prevent about 1/2 or more of the conversation so that the person on the other side of the wall only hears what sounds like mumbling. How much is dependent on how fast the fan is running, I usually leave mine on #2.

Posted by: Stopit ()
Date: September 16, 2013 11:24AM

Why is some idiot just reporting stories from the Internet?

Posted by: sympathetic ()
Date: September 16, 2013 12:37PM

Mr. Rogers Wrote:
> I have a creepy neighbor that lives next door to
> me. He and his wife have been there for about 20
> years, used to pretty nice some years ago, and now
> act very strangely and suspiciously. By that I
> mean they seem paranoid now, watching out of their
> windows all the time, not waving or saying hello
> to anyone when they get out of their cars. Very
> strange behavior for them, since they used to be
> so open and nice. In the past year, he's started
> leaving notes on the neighbors' cars (including
> our ours) complaining about noise, cars on the
> road, etc. For us he left us a note about our dog
> barking and keeping them up all night. One problem
> with that, we don't own a dog and he should know
> this.
>
> I know people will ask, so here it is...They are
> white, about 50 to 55 years old. My wife and I are
> also white and in our 40's. Our neighborhood is
> pretty mixed, with no crime or parking problems
> (more than enough parking on the road). My wife
> and I are starting to think that maybe this couple
> killed someone or did something illegal they way
> they act. Anyone else ever seen anything like
> this?

Could be that something's happened in their personal lives that perhaps is embarassing or whatever. Maybe they inherited some money lately, didn't you say that the mother-in-law had died?

Posted by: noTV ()
Date: September 16, 2013 03:03PM

The family across the street home schools their children. Their mini van has a vanity license that translates to: "we do not watch or own a television in our home." At night the parents can clearly be seen watching video on their laptops while wearing large headphones. If you ask me that counts.

Posted by: That's creepy ()
Date: September 16, 2013 03:47PM

What is with everyone staring in people's windows?

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 16, 2013 06:35PM

Posted by: I Have a Creepy Neighbor ()
Date: September 13, 2013 05:48PM

"they rented out the backhouse to this single, mid 30ish guy. He moved in like 6 months ago"

so your car isn't on your property ?

i don't see why he shouldn't stand where he does. for all we know it's the best spot.

did you ever talk with the guy ? maybe he thinks you two are friends. sounds like your paranoid.

-------------------------
buy a car you are not so worried about. if he breaks in, then report it.

Posted by: I Have a Creepy Neighbor ()
Date: September 16, 2013 06:55PM

svennestle Wrote:
> Posted by: I Have a Creepy Neighbor ()
> Date: September 13, 2013 05:48PM
>
> "they rented out the backhouse to this single, mid
> 30ish guy. He moved in like 6 months ago"
>
> so your car isn't on your property ?
>
> i don't see why he shouldn't stand where he does.
> for all we know it's the best spot.
>
> did you ever talk with the guy ? maybe he thinks
> you two are friends. sounds like your paranoid.
>
> -------------------------
> buy a car you are not so worried about. if he
> breaks in, then report it.

What are you retarded? I already said that there's a parking issue and I have to park next door in front of another neighbor's house. He's coming between me and my car.

Posted by: CREEPY NEIGHBOR THAT I HATE!!!! ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:15AM

So let me start with the why i hate him before saying why he's creepy!

Well first off he leaves his poor dog outside ALL DAY!! The dogs is outside in the pouring rain, thunderstorms, snowstorms EVERYTHING. Humidity i wouldn't dare go out in! Tonight we had sleet and the dog was out in it!!! Not to mention when the do is out all it does is bark, and bark, and bark, and BARK! Then when he brings it is he ties it up in the ktichen and all the dog does is bark and bark and bark. (our kitchen window looks right into his kitchen window). So i try to be a good neighbor and confront him about this barking problem! He said hewould take care of it.... The dog i think has barked more since! So my dog had to go out at midnight... I let her out... And surprise surprise..... He was letting his out.... The second he connected the sog to the leash he started barkin, and HE LEFT HIM OUTSIDE!!!! FOR TWO HOURS BARKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! And then the guy can't understand why the police are at his door about a noise complaint! He probably woke up half the neighborhood!!! I can hear the dog in our bedroom (Front of the house second floor) when his dog is out, and it sounds like he's right there! Well now when my dogs go out to play if they bark while playing he has the nerve to tell them if he's out that they need to stop barking because their owners don't like that. However i was on my way out the door to bring them in because they wouldn't stop barking, and i herd him say that... I said difference with my dogs is i at least sto pthem from barking! You just bring your dog inside to bark!

Now why is the guy a creep! Well he had an argument with his dog about whether or not his dog could understand what he's saying.... It went something like this "Ben i don't know why i talk to you, you can't understand what i'm saying.......................... BEN DON'T LIE TO ME YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING!!!!" I don't think the guy EVER sleeps! I hear his t.v. all the time! And him talking to himself! He makes plans with his dog to watch lifetime movies (while he leashes his dog in the kitchen), AND he talks to is mailbox! I'M NOT JOKING! He daily has a conversation with his mailbox! He's a habitual liar, and talks behind peoples backs. And bad mouths me and my husbands to his dog! however then to some people we're his friends? WHAT? So when you talked to the dog we're mean and don't like you, but to your cab driver we're the best neighbors you could ask for?????? Not only that but he realized i was pregnant, and asked if we would be moving soon.... I said no why? He said because kids are bad! they're bad! you can't live here with a kid! They're bad! And just kept repeating himself! And then other days he'll be completely normal, and civilized.... Except with the dog! As we speak at 5am the dog is outside barking continuously and has been for the last hour, and police have already been there twice tonight. I seriously can not stand my creepy neighbor... And if i had the money i would move! One night at 3am he was standing out front with a broom hitting his roof with it trying to knock ice off of it! Woke me out of a sound sleep! Another time it was 9am (I was just freshly pregnant and TIRED) I woke up to him walking out his front door screaming "I'M GONNA BE A FIREMAN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Oh he also told the mail man last week that i'm his girlfriend.... I hate the guy, i'm married, and pregnant, and remember kids are bad? this guy has some SERIOUS problems!

My husband and i have seriously wondered if the man is possesed by demons....

Posted by: Yeppers is Dumb ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:15AM

Yeah he posts about political signs.

Posted by: Yeppers ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:39AM

Yeppers is Dumb Wrote:
> Yeah he posts about political signs.

No, actually I reponded to a post about political signs. What's the matter? Too much meth and not enough school?

Posted by: YEPPERS IS DUMB ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:44AM

No sir plenty of education here. Guess I didn't spend enough time in Political Science and future GEEKS of america. Do you have a pocket protector?

Posted by: Yeppers ()
Date: September 17, 2013 06:22AM

YEPPERS IS DUMB Wrote:
> No sir plenty of education here. Guess I didn't
> spend enough time in Political Science and future
> GEEKS of america. Do you have a pocket protector?

I very much doubt it. LOL

Posted by: creepy neighbor lady ()
Date: September 17, 2013 06:37AM

I have a creepy neighbor story too. Sorry if this is long, but I figured it would be good to get it off my chest. So my sister and I have this neighbor lady next door. We will call her Greta because, quite frankly, she creeps me out and I don’t want to use her real name. Assuming the name she gave me IS her real name, which, right now, is up for debate.

I first met Greta in the parking lot of our townhouse complex, when I was exiting my car with my boyfriend, Steve. Greta enthusiastically declared, “NEW NEIGHBORS!” and demanded to be introduced. Steve, not being Greta’s neighbor did not initially introduce himself, but she protested this. I explained that my sister and I shared the townhouse and Steve introduced himself as my boyfriend. She told me her name was Greta and she and her husband had lived in the townhouse next door for years. I was mildly amused, as meeting Greta finally explained which of my neighbors drove the beat up Lexus that always had its windows down with a vacuum cleaner in the back seat.

So my next door neighbor lady was kind of a weirdo, but whatever.

I went inside and made dinner.

Later, my sister described a strange bedraggled looking old woman, poking around next door. She wondered if this was our neighbors’ housekeeper. I explained that this was Greta who had enthusiastically introduced herself to me and Steve and left it with “she’s odd.”

Weeks later, my sister and her coworker were making s’mores over the bonfire pit in our little, fenced backyard. Greta was poking around in her backyard also and asked if Sarah was “one of the sisters.” Sarah explained that yes, she was, and after brief introductions, where the woman, again, identified herself as “Greta,” my sister went back to marshmallow toasting. Greta explained, “I wondered what you were doing back here, the girls who used to live here would sometimes light a fire to cover up the smell of what they were smoking.”

I assume my sister responded in some short, good-natured way, perhaps with a chuckle and a reassuring gesture to the bubbling marshmallow she was cooking. I’m told, however, Greta went on, “is it ok if I talk?” A rather strange question, which Sarah took to mean, “I am going to talk and I recommend you act engaged so as not to seem rude.” I assume some benign conversation took place, that most likely made my sister feel rather driven out of our yard.

Greta’s front door is frequently open, in addition to her car windows, but I have not had much interest in looking inside her home. She sometimes stands in the doorway in sweats, with hair like the crypt keeper, looking angry and disturbed. Sometimes she has ventured out of the house in such a state and makes no notice of me or anyone else.

Recently I was carrying in a load of groceries and Greta piped up behind me.

“Are you one of the sisters?”

I politely explained that yes I was, my name was Becky and I believed we had met before. Fortunately the load of groceries expedited my journey inside, but not before Greta introduced herself to me, once more.

Which leads me to the creepy story. Last night, around 10:30 pm my boyfriend and I lay on the couch watching Family Guy when the power went out. This was not surprising as Michigan is currently getting hit with some dreadful wind, rain and hail from Hurricane Sandy’s upper side. Thoroughly unprepared for this, however, we made our way to the upstairs bathroom where I knew at least one apple cinnamon candle to be. As it was already late-ish and we had minimal means for entertainment we decided the darkness was a cue to call it a night. I blew out the candle and fell asleep.

My bedroom window sits directly above our front door. I was awoken in the night to hear someone knocking quite loudly. In the pitch dark I elected not to answer the door. Having gone to bed around sometime between 10:30 and 11, I knew ignoring a guest could hardly be considered rude at whatever hour it was. I checked my phone and saw that it was 2 in the morning. When the unanswered knocking stopped, I heard someone shouting, as if leaving a voicemail to our front door, in the middle of the night, would do some good.

“This is Greta from next door! I heard a noise so I know you must be home. I would like to cook you breakfast! I am at 6325 just next door!”

And then she left.

So I now know Greta is not merely odd, but most likely mentally ill, and quite possibly on drugs.

But the plot thickens. At work, this morning, I sent my sister a text message, asking if she had heard Greta the night before. As my sister’s bedroom is on the back side of our townhouse I did not expect she had, and when she confirmed she had not, I explained what had happened in the night.

After some discussion we decided it might be wise to check with our landlords if Greta’s behavior was common, and perhaps leave them a heads up, in case anyone else had trouble with her in the future. My sister, a practicing psych nurse, mere months away from receiving her master’s degree in psychiatric nursing, was told by our landlords that nobody named Greta lived in our complex. A woman named Greta used to live in our townhouse, but no does not live there any longer.

So now I am disturbed and, as I was the only witness to this bizarre breakfast offer, I plan to call the landlords myself and discuss this issue further. But as far as I know, my neighbor is a raving lunatic with a special interest in me and my sister and we have no idea who she really is.

What the actual fuck.

Posted by: WTF?????? ()
Date: September 17, 2013 06:47AM

creepy neighbor lady Wrote:
> I have a creepy neighbor story too. Sorry if this
> is long, but I figured it would be good to get it
> off my chest. So my sister and I have this
> neighbor lady next door. We will call her Greta
> because, quite frankly, she creeps me out and I
> don’t want to use her real name. Assuming the
> name she gave me IS her real name, which, right
> now, is up for debate.
>
> I first met Greta in the parking lot of our
> townhouse complex, when I was exiting my car with
> my boyfriend, Steve. Greta enthusiastically
> declared, “NEW NEIGHBORS!” and demanded to be
> introduced. Steve, not being Greta’s neighbor
> did not initially introduce himself, but she
> protested this. I explained that my sister and I
> shared the townhouse and Steve introduced himself
> as my boyfriend. She told me her name was Greta
> and she and her husband had lived in the townhouse
> next door for years. I was mildly amused, as
> meeting Greta finally explained which of my
> neighbors drove the beat up Lexus that always had
> its windows down with a vacuum cleaner in the back
> seat.
>
> So my next door neighbor lady was kind of a
> weirdo, but whatever.
>
> I went inside and made dinner.
>
> Later, my sister described a strange bedraggled
> looking old woman, poking around next door. She
> wondered if this was our neighbors’ housekeeper.
> I explained that this was Greta who had
> enthusiastically introduced herself to me and
> Steve and left it with “she’s odd.”
>
> Weeks later, my sister and her coworker were
> making s’mores over the bonfire pit in our
> little, fenced backyard. Greta was poking around
> in her backyard also and asked if Sarah was “one
> of the sisters.” Sarah explained that yes, she
> was, and after brief introductions, where the
> woman, again, identified herself as “Greta,”
> my sister went back to marshmallow toasting.
> Greta explained, “I wondered what you were doing
> back here, the girls who used to live here would
> sometimes light a fire to cover up the smell of
> what they were smoking.”
>
> I assume my sister responded in some short,
> good-natured way, perhaps with a chuckle and a
> reassuring gesture to the bubbling marshmallow she
> was cooking. I’m told, however, Greta went on,
> “is it ok if I talk?” A rather strange
> question, which Sarah took to mean, “I am going
> to talk and I recommend you act engaged so as not
> to seem rude.” I assume some benign
> conversation took place, that most likely made my
> sister feel rather driven out of our yard.
>
> Greta’s front door is frequently open, in
> addition to her car windows, but I have not had
> much interest in looking inside her home. She
> sometimes stands in the doorway in sweats, with
> hair like the crypt keeper, looking angry and
> disturbed. Sometimes she has ventured out of the
> house in such a state and makes no notice of me or
> anyone else.
>
> Recently I was carrying in a load of groceries and
> Greta piped up behind me.
>
> “Are you one of the sisters?”
>
> I politely explained that yes I was, my name was
> Becky and I believed we had met before.
> Fortunately the load of groceries expedited my
> journey inside, but not before Greta introduced
> herself to me, once more.
>
> Which leads me to the creepy story. Last night,
> around 10:30 pm my boyfriend and I lay on the
> couch watching Family Guy when the power went out.
> This was not surprising as Michigan is currently
> getting hit with some dreadful wind, rain and hail
> from Hurricane Sandy’s upper side. Thoroughly
> unprepared for this, however, we made our way to
> the upstairs bathroom where I knew at least one
> apple cinnamon candle to be. As it was already
> late-ish and we had minimal means for
> entertainment we decided the darkness was a cue to
> call it a night. I blew out the candle and fell
> asleep.
>
> My bedroom window sits directly above our front
> door. I was awoken in the night to hear someone
> knocking quite loudly. In the pitch dark I
> elected not to answer the door. Having gone to
> bed around sometime between 10:30 and 11, I knew
> ignoring a guest could hardly be considered rude
> at whatever hour it was. I checked my phone and
> saw that it was 2 in the morning. When the
> unanswered knocking stopped, I heard someone
> shouting, as if leaving a voicemail to our front
> door, in the middle of the night, would do some
> good.
>
> “This is Greta from next door! I heard a noise
> so I know you must be home. I would like to cook
> you breakfast! I am at 6325 just next door!”
>
> And then she left.
>
> So I now know Greta is not merely odd, but most
> likely mentally ill, and quite possibly on drugs.
>
> But the plot thickens. At work, this morning, I
> sent my sister a text message, asking if she had
> heard Greta the night before. As my sister’s
> bedroom is on the back side of our townhouse I did
> not expect she had, and when she confirmed she had
> not, I explained what had happened in the night.
>
> After some discussion we decided it might be wise
> to check with our landlords if Greta’s behavior
> was common, and perhaps leave them a heads up, in
> case anyone else had trouble with her in the
> future. My sister, a practicing psych nurse, mere
> months away from receiving her master’s degree
> in psychiatric nursing, was told by our landlords
> that nobody named Greta lived in our complex. A
> woman named Greta used to live in our townhouse,
> but no does not live there any longer.
>
> So now I am disturbed and, as I was the only
> witness to this bizarre breakfast offer, I plan to
> call the landlords myself and discuss this issue
> further. But as far as I know, my neighbor is a
> raving lunatic with a special interest in me and
> my sister and we have no idea who she really is.
>
> What the actual fuck.

Oh Jesus that story scared the crap out of me. Time to move out!

Posted by: I have peeping tom on my street ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:11PM

HKL Wrote:
> Am I a "Creeper"? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > First of all, there's a girl who lives in my
> > apartment complex. I first saw her about 1-2
> years
> > ago. Let's call her Ann because it's short.
> She's
> > pretty attractive, I think. She lives with her
> > boyfriend. I recognized her boyfriend from high
> > school. I tried chatting with him and it turns
> out
> > his older brother was in my graduating class.
> He
> > seemed pretty stand-offish, though. Maybe he's
> > just reserved and is awkward about strangers
> > talking to him.
> >
> > Anyway, I quickly realized Ann walks to work
> like
> > I do, and goes the same way I do, we just work
> at
> > different times. Well, one time more than a
> year
> > ago, I was at the deli in the local supermarket
> > and saw her working there. It was about 10 pm
> and
> > dark and raining. I figured she'd be walking
> home.
> > I went over to her and said, "Hey, I recognize
> you
> > from the apartments. It's dark and raining. You
> > want a ride?" She declined, saying she still
> had
> > to work an hour more.
> >
> > I know 2 other people who work there as well,
> > pretty well. Sometimes in trying to make small
> > talk with the cashiers, in trying to think of
> > things to say, I think of things we have in
> > common, so once in a while I'd mention the
> people
> > who worked there that I knew, and I'd include
> Ann,
> > clarifying that I didn't really know her, she
> just
> > lived in my apartment complex. It was mainly a
> > "small world" statement.
> >
> > Over the past 1-2 years, I've tried chatting
> with
> > them a handful of times, mainly when I see them
> > out chatting with other neighbors that I'm
> > friendly with. Oddly, they usually seem to try
> to
> > ignore me, yet the other neighbors include me
> in
> > the conversation. For a while I've wondered
> what
> > is up with them.
> >
> > One night I went into the supermarket to get
> > flowers for my mom and there was only one lane
> > open. Ann and her boyfriend were in the line. I
> > set my flowers on the conveyor belt and stood
> > there. Her boyfriend glanced over at me, then
> went
> > back to joking with the cashier. Ann, however,
> who
> > was closer to me, actually turned her whole
> body
> > to face me and said, kinda boldly, "Hi, how's
> it
> > going?" I said, "It's good." She then turned
> back
> > to face the cashier. Then she noticed the
> flowers
> > and said, "Look, he gets flowers. You never get
> me
> > flowers." He just smiled and didn't say
> anything.
> > Then they continued talking with the cashier.
> When
> > they were done they just left and didn't say
> > anything. I tried chatting with the cashier and
> he
> > suddenly didn't seem talkative. Whatever.
> >
> > In the last couple months I've gotten food from
> > the deli twice and she was the one to help me.
> I
> > tried making small talk. The first time I said,
> > "So did you guys get a new TV?" She said,
> "No..."
> > and looked really awkward like I was being
> really
> > creepy. Geez, I'm just trying to talk about
> > anything most neighbors would. I said that I
> saw
> > her boyfriend and his brother taking a huge box
> > out to the dumpster the other night when I was
> > taking the trash out and it appeared to be a
> TV.
> > It was also Thanksgiving, so I thought maybe
> they
> > got an early present or something. She said,
> "Oh,
> > no, that was a washer. My boyfriend would like
> if
> > we got a new TV, but our washer went out so we
> had
> > to buy a new one." Then she was done making my
> > food, so she said, "Well, see you later." Kinda
> > short, but maybe her boss is really strict. The
> > second time was right after Christmas. She was
> > taking some items off a shelf. I asked if she
> had
> > a good Christmas. She said she did. I mentioned
> my
> > favorite present I got, which was a new pair of
> > headphones. Said that was cool, then said,
> "Okay,
> > well see you later."
> >
> > Well, recently I've created an alternate
> Facebook
> > account, mainly so I don't have to worry about
> how
> > all my really religious family will react to
> > things. I added some friends I have and added
> > their friends. I started adding people it
> > recommended to me and Ann came up because we
> > apparently had around 15 mutual friends. I
> added
> > her as well. This was an inclusive account,
> after
> > all. I told people who asked who I was that
> they
> > didn't know me in real life and I was just
> trying
> > to meet new people. I even posted a status
> update
> > explaining it. Some removed me, most were cool
> > with it.
> >
> > Ann accepted my request as well. As soon as she
> > did, I saw a status update from her on my news
> > feed complaining about how she was really upset
> > because she had to work on her birthday and had
> to
> > work until 7 when she rarely has to work past
> 2.
> > Her boyfriend had made dinner reservations and
> she
> > didn't know what they were going to do. I
> > remembered how I recently had to work on my
> > birthday and I was pretty upset about it as
> well.
> > The next day her status wasn't on my news feed
> > anymore and I saw that she was no longer my
> > friend, and I couldn't see any of her updates
> > because they were apparently set to
> friends-only.
> > Meh, no big deal. She probably just realized
> she
> > didn't know me.
> >
> > I had to go to Starbucks in the supermarket to
> use
> > my "free coffee" coupon because it was about to
> > expire. While there I mentioned how free coffee
> on
> > your birthday was really cool, especially to
> make
> > up for when people have to work on it. The
> barista
> > said that she rarely has to work on hers since
> the
> > supermarket is pretty good about letting you
> have
> > it off. I remembered Ann's status update and
> said,
> > "Hmm, well I know of someone who works here who
> > has to work on their birthday and they even
> have
> > to work late." She said, "That's weird. They
> > probably don't know it's her birthday. I'm sure
> > someone would switch with her if they did."
> Being
> > the helpful, good-intentioned guy that I am, I
> > went to the deli and saw she wasn't there. I
> asked
> > the first person who came to help me if she
> knew
> > it was Ann's birthday soon and she was
> scheduled
> > to work a late shift that day. She said, "Oh, I
> > don't know anything about that." I said, "Well,
> > just thought I'd let someone know. Random acts
> of
> > kindness and all." I started walking away
> feeling
> > pretty good that I did something to make
> someone's
> > birthday a much better day. I imagined the next
> > time she worked, her co-workers saying, "Hey
> Ann,
> > I didn't know your birthday was coming up! You
> > want me to take that shift and you can have one
> of
> > mine?" The person at the deli said, before I
> left,
> > "Okay, well I'll let her know you came in and
> > mentioned it, hon!" Uh, well okay. That wasn't
> > what I was intending. I didn't do it to look
> good.
> > Just an anonymous nice thing to do for someone.
> No
> > thanks necessary on my part. How would she tell
> > her, anyway? She doesn't know my name and this
> was
> > my first time seeing the woman I spoke to.
> Well,
> > whatever.
> >
> > A couple days later, I got a knock on my front
> > door. It was Ann and her boyfriend. She wanted
> to
> > talk to me outside. She then proceeded to chew
> me
> > out, using an abundance of words like
> > "inappropriate" and "awkward". During the whole
> > conversation, her face was skewed in a way like
> I
> > had broken into her house and vandalized the
> whole
> > interior. She said it was completely
> inappropriate
> > for me to come to her work and make a scene,
> > complaining about her having to work late on
> her
> > birthday and it was totally awkward for her.
> She
> > said if she wanted to work on her birthday,
> that
> > was up to her. She said that if her boyfriend
> had
> > done that, there would be problems. But she
> > doesn't even know me. She said we're not
> friends,
> > we don't have long conversations, we just
> happen
> > to live in the same apartment complex. She said
> I
> > complained to several people and it's now a
> > documented incident as if she had asked me to
> come
> > in and complain on her behalf. I said I didn't
> > mean to make a scene and didn't mean for it to
> > turn out that way. She asked how I could not
> know
> > that it would turn out that way. She also said
> > that the whole time she's worked there she's
> had
> > people talking about how I'm always talking
> about
> > her. She wanted to know how many times I
> mentioned
> > her name to people. The only time I ever
> mentioned
> > her name was when I mentioned her birthday and
> I
> > told her so. She didn't believe that for a
> second
> > and said that that's not what she's been told.
> > Well, then she's been told wrong, because I had
> > only recently found out her name from her name
> > tag. She said she's heard that I talk about her
> a
> > lot.
> >
> > She also wanted to know how I knew that it was
> her
> > birthday and that she even had to work late. I
> > said that I had created a secondary Facebook
> > account separate from some people I knew and
> added
> > a bunch of people from the surrounding area that
> I
> > didn't know. She was one of them. It said she
> had
> > accepted the request and I saw her status
> update
> > on my news feed. As soon as I said this, she
> made
> > a priceless face. She looked in complete shock
> and
> > horror, like she couldn't believe someone could
> > possibly have the nerve to do such a thing.
> When
> > she got her voice back, she said, still with
> her
> > increasingly skewed-up face, "Don't... don't
> you
> > think you probably shouldn't be doing that?"
> It's
> > hard not to laugh thinking about it now. I told
> > her that my sister has a similar account and I
> > know others who do as well. She still didn't
> > agree, but didn't want to argue about that. I
> said
> > that I saw the guy's face on the profile
> picture
> > and thought it was him at first, pointing to
> her
> > boyfriend. He didn't respond at all. He just
> stood
> > there behind her, looking off to his right the
> > whole time. He barely looked at me. Even when I
> > mentioned him, he turned his head a little and
> > sideways looked at me, then looked back to his
> > right.
> >
> > She then boldly demanded to know the name of
> the
> > account. As if I had to tell her anything. But
> I'm
> > nice and accommodating and didn't want to make
> the
> > situation worse, so I told her. Now I wish I
> > hadn't. She, lol, still with that face of
> > disbelief like she found out everything she
> knows
> > is wrong, said, "No, no, I don't know that
> name.
> > No, that name's not on my friends list." I
> said,
> > "Well, that's the name of it and I added you."
> She
> > still insisted, "No, I don't know that name."
> Then
> > she thought and said, "I remember that name, and
> I
> > clicked deny." I said, "It said you accepted
> it."
> > She said, "No, I don't accept anyone I don't
> know.
> > I didn't accept that one." I said, "Hey,
> Facebook
> > sent me a notification saying you accepted it.
> So
> > whatever really happened, you were on my
> friends
> > list for about a day and then disappeared, and
> in
> > that time your status showed on my news feed."
> She
> > was still in disbelief, but couldn't say
> anything
> > else on it. She said, "Well, I don't want
> ANYTHING
> > like this to happen again. I don't want to hear
> my
> > name being mentioned by you at all. It all
> needs
> > to stop, COMPLETELY." I said it would stop, but
> I
> > really didn't mention her that much at all. I
> also
> > didn't make a scene, I just said to her
> co-worker
> > that it kinda sucked she had to work, in
> passing.
> > She said, "Well, whatever your story is, it all
> > needs to stop, completely. No more." I said it
> > would stop and I didn't realize how much
> everyone
> > talked about insignificant things there. She
> ended
> > it, quickly putting her face back to normal and
> > saying in a polite voice, "Well, have a good
> > night," and they left.
> >
> > At first I was sorry and sad. I didn't know any
> of
> > that would turn out that way and never meant to
> > make someone feel that way. Then I was
> frustrated,
> > and now I'm angry as well. Was all that
> necessary?
> > She could have brought it up much sooner if
> this
> > has been going on for so long, instead of just
> > acting weird but keeping it to herself. I just
> > thought she was weird all this time and was
> trying
> > to figure out what was up. Is she just a bitch?
> >
> > So, last night I set my alternative Facebook
> > profile to friends-only, forgetting that I have
> > her brother on my friends list on there, and
> > posted the following status update:
> >
> >
> > If you regularly go to a store and a girl you
> > recognize but don't really know works there and
> > once in a while when chatting with cashiers
> > mention that you know some people who work
> there,
> > including her, does that make you a creep?
> >
> > And if for some reason all the workers decide
> to
> > gossip about everything that anyone says and it
> > gets back to her in a way to where it sounds
> like
> > you're talking about her all the time, and she
> > confronts you on the sidewalk and chews you out
> > for it and says that it needs to stop
> completely,
> > does that make her a bitch?
> > 2 hours later I got a comment from her brother
> > saying, "U better not be talking about my
> sister
> > bro. Because tht will be a big mistake".
> >
> > lol, apparently word gets around. I got some
> other
> > comments from people that were actually
> helpful,
> > so that was nice. The general opinion seems to
> be
> > that it was a misunderstanding on both ends.
> >
> > But it still bugs me. I feel anger well up in
> me
> > whenever I see them now. I entertain thoughts
> of
> > chucking a huge rock at their car or windows or
> > slashing tires. Obviously those would be
> overboard
> > and there would be no doubt as to who did it.
> >
> > ARGH!
>
>
> My next door neighbor bangs on my walls at 4 in
> the morning. He bangs so hard that the picture
> frames fall down. He has put cracks in the wall as
> well. He claims we are making noise, but he's
> crazy we're all sleeping at that time. He even
> bangs on my front door. When I call the cops they
> don't come and when I call security from the
> building he doesnt open the door to them. Nothing
> is being done and I have to live with this. I bet
> if my brother kicked hs ass he would stop. He
> never comes outside anyway.

I have a peeping tom on my street. This guy's name is Charlie and he lives three doors down. Middle aged, average height, balding, just creepy in general. The first time he ever met my parents, my mom was away getting a drink or something and he says to my dad how he wants to hook up with her and shit like that. My dad tells him if he doesn't shut up he'll knock him out and he got like confused as to why my dad was upset. This guy clearly doesn't have the best social skills.

Years later and he still makes weird remarks and doesn't get invited to anything involving the neighbors. It's kind of sad because his wife had cancer and she's one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. Anyways..

My neighbor right next to me divorced less than a year ago and all of her kids are in college or moved out so she basically lives alone. She has floor to ceiling windows all over the back of her house. She has two dogs to keep her company and they're always barking in her backyard between midnight and two am.

So one day her son and his girlfriend are in the backyard having a mini bonfire. It's probably one am at this point. He notices a figure leaning against the fence but it's almost pitch black so he walks over for a closer look and it's a man. He says "can I help you?" and gets no response. He gets a little closer and says "hey buddy you're creeping my girlfriend out gtfo of here". Still no response. Then he yells something like "if you don't get the fuk out of here I'm gonna make you" and the guy finally reply's with "I'm good don't worry about me". WTF right? My neighbor is getting really pissed and pretty freaked out tbh. He starts screaming at this guy saying last chance and finally the guy states "I know your mom divorced and lives alone now" and follows it up with how my neighbor has a "real anger problem".

So now we think every time the dogs are barking it's him staring in her windows late at night, just watching...It totally creeps me out!!!

Posted by: Funny_Guy ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:40PM

Here rent this movie from Netflix, it should help. Take notes.
Attachments:
220px-Disturbia.PNG

Posted by: donkey1234 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 02:28PM

My favorite was the guy in the scuba suit.

Posted by: Disturbia ()
Date: September 17, 2013 03:30PM

donkey1234 Wrote:
> My favorite was the guy in the scuba suit.

Hahhahahahahahhahahahahha! Ah neighbors, you never know what you're gonna get.

Posted by: a real creeper ()
Date: September 18, 2013 05:10AM

So I have been paying attention to this neighbor kid that I have known merely through living in a small town. He has been odd since childhood and now at the ripe age of 23 (I am 22) he is now living back at his parents. He lives directly next to me.

Lately we have been noticing some creepy activity by this guy.

1. My brother and I both smoke. Late at night he sneaks around our yard looking for any and all cigarette butts he can find (I am a secret smoker and smoke out my bedroom window.) We constantly see footprints in the snow, and occasionally see him hanging at the corner of our house outside his garage trying to not look suspicious.

2. He will follow my brother(17) when he is walking around town or to the bus stop and ask him for change or smokes. He once ran about a kilometer to catch up to my brother through 2 subdivisions to ask for smokes and got mad when he didn't have one for him.

3. He sometimes stands at the end of his driveway trying to look into our house windows.

4. We have a hot tub and a bathroom window that look out to an empty field behind our fence. His yard has a back gate that gives access to this field. We found cigarette butts and empty liquor bottles directly behind our fence and what looks like a make shift spy hole in our fence. Sometimes at night we can see smoke coming from back there or a cough.

5. We most often see him sneaking out back when someone is in the hot tub or the washroom light is on. My brother and I both have girlfriends who spend the night fairly frequently. and everyone uses the hot tub without swimsuits (at night. and not as a family. obviously.) We believe he is trying to get a peak.

6. during the summer he makes no attempt to hide the fact he watches girls swim in our pool.

7. we here conversations he has on his cell phone in his backyard daily. and some of it is disturbing.

What we know about him:
- he was to be married; "hates that b**** "
-he is a baby daddy and don't plan on paying any child support what-so-ever
-told his buddy hes going to live off his idiot parents for a few years till he can come up with a lawsuit against them.
-he has said something on the phone about my girlfriend nicole, and "great t**s when wet."
-his dad is a known sex-addict (works in fire department; we have mutual friends"

So aside from the obvious creepiness that can be ignored, I also worry what he has seen of my girlfriend (or my brother's) and how upset that could make her, and also that he may be dangerous? How long until he decides to look around in our house when no one is home? What if he already has?

I am not a paranoid person by nature, but this is starting to get to me. What action should I take?

Posted by: Creepy neighbor - help! ()
Date: September 18, 2013 12:34PM

I live down the street from a weird dude. He walks around the street late at night and never wears a shirt. As in, never.

About a year ago, I heard some glass break out front late at night and saw somebody wandering around from my window. Went outside to investigate (maybe not the smartest idea, in general). Weird neighbor guy was outside and acted, well, weird. He said he hadn't heard anything (sure, buddy) and introduced himself. A strange interaction, but I mostly forgot about it.

Fast-forward to a couple weeks ago. I'm getting ready for bed (11:30pm) and look out the living room window - somebody is standing on the sidewalk and looking at my house and the next door neighbor's (recently foreclosed). I watched from a different window as he paced back and forth in front of our houses. I called the police in case the next door house was about to be burglarized. They drove the neighborhood, found the guy, and let me know it was the creepy neighbor. Great.

Fast-forward to tonight. I took my dog on a walk around 7:00pm and walked by the neighbor. He said hello. As I approached my house a half-hour later, I saw him walk into my driveway from a distance. When I made it to my house, he was standing by one of the windows (it looked like he was peering in, but I'm not sure), turned around, and spat out some rushed explanation about moving my trash can for me. He then walked off hurriedly. Sure enough, he moved my trash can directly behind my car.

So, I'm sufficiently creeped out. Don't know whether to go have a chat with the guy or leave this alone. What recourse do i have if he keeps, well, being a creeper? Should I ignore the guy? How would you handle it?

Posted by: Not me ()
Date: September 19, 2013 11:17AM

No I don't live by any Fairfax hopeless homeless camps.

Posted by: Uh... ()
Date: September 19, 2013 12:19PM

Not me Wrote:
> No I don't live by any Fairfax hopeless homeless
> camps.

What about the Lamb Center?

Posted by: Karl the creepy neighbor ()
Date: September 20, 2013 08:54AM

So, a few months ago I told you all about my trouble with Gabrielle. (The calls have stopped again, by the way, so she must be making her boat payments now.) I alluded to the fact that Gabrielle isn't the worst person who has lived on my cul-de-sac. That honor goes to Carl, the Registered Sex Offender who bought the house from a producer of porno films and then tried to auction the house off and/or make it into a safe haven for other registered sex offenders.

I don't even live in a trailer park or anything. Nope, not even close.

OK, let me start from the beginning. When we moved into our house, Gomer was a newborn and we didn't get out much to meet the neighbors. The one time we met a neighbor was when the Hubs called their kid a "liar." They put their house up for sale soon after that. I don't think it was related to the liar incident, but I can't be sure.

After a few months, I heard (through what little grapevine I have access to) that they had an offer. The neighbor who told me said, "I've been assured by the Smiths that it's a real nice family who bought the house." This sentence struck me as funny. I'm a Realtor and I sell homes all the time and it always cracks me up when I hear people say shit like this. What else would the seller say? "They seem a little shady, but they paid cash and I'm not going to be living here anymore so I wasn't going to say no? See ya, suckers!"

The Smiths closed and moved out and the house sat vacant. After a couple of weeks I noticed our cul-de-sac was full of cars one Sunday afternoon. I thought maybe the new neighbors were having a house warming party, except they all packed up that night and didn't come back again. This happened 2 weekends in a row until the cops showed up and busted them for making a porn.

Yup, the next door neighbor to the Smith house could see in the curtain-less windows and she saw a whole movie crew shooting a super low-budget porn film, so she called the cops. I guess there's not much the cops can do about this. They shut down the production that day, but didn't arrest anyone (they told us everyone was of age and consenting and there were no outstanding warrants for anyone and the people making the film said they were making this film for their own personal collection).

The movie crew never returned again. The house changed hands privately for $1 and my neighbors started whispering that the house was an Al-Qaeda front. Unless Al-Qaeda is a bunch of white college-aged kids who like porn, I don't think that's who was laundering money through this property. We waited with bated breath to see the new owner.

The new owner did not move in. For days and days. And then for months. The grass grew up two feet high and as a member of the Home Owners Association board, I was getting calls about how "unsightly" the house had become.

Finally, it was September and one Saturday afternoon we came home from running errands and the cul-de-sac looked different. It took me a minute to realize the weeds and grass had been mowed down and now there were two giant plastic Jack o'Lanterns grinning on the front porch.

Hey Little Kids, it's all just a big misunderstanding. I swear.

"Huh. What do you think of those?" I asked the Hubs.

"Oh who cares? He mowed his lawn. That's what's important. People will stop calling you. You can't start cracking down on his Halloween decorations already."

"I don't know," I replied. "I think they're creepy. It's like they're saying 'Come here little children and get some candy!' And who puts up Halloween decorations in September?"

"Jen," the Hubs warned. "Just let it go. It's fine."

And so I did.

The next day our doorbell rang and the Hubs answered the door. I was in the kitchen feeding Gomer and I heard the Hubs say, "Are you fucking kidding me? Jen, you nailed it."

Huh?

The Hubs came in the kitchen waving several sheets of paper. "Look at this."

The papers were actually a registered letter our new neighbor, Carl, had sent us all alerting us to the fact that he is a registered sex offender. I wish I had saved the letter so I could reprint it in its entirety here, but don't worry, I have a very good memory for crazy shit and I may not be 100% accurate, but I'm usually pretty damn close. He had 4 pages of rambling excuses and outrageous stories that went something like this:

Dear Neighbor,

I wanted to send you a letter and introduce myself. I am Carl Jones. I am a successful Internet business owner and I'm a registered sex offender. I wanted to let you know about my sex offender status, because in this day and age that information is readily available on the Internet, but what they don't tell you is the whole story as to WHY I'm a registered sex offender. I wanted to tell you my story so you could see for yourself that I was unfairly arrested and jailed twice.

The first time was 10 years ago. I have 4 children none of whom live with me. My 12 year old son would sometimes visit my home. The neighbor boys enjoyed playing with my son when he visited. One day a couple of neighbor boys stopped by to visit my son. I told them he hadn't arrived yet, but they were welcome to wait for him (it's the neighborly thing to do). I realized that I had not yet showered that day and I needed to do that, so I hopped in the shower. Imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower and found the neighbor boys in my bedroom! They had decided to watch television on my bed while they waited. I was so surprised to find them there that I dropped my towel accidentally and oh yeah, I had an erection (a very common thing for men after a shower, by the way). The boys decided they'd waited long enough and they should go home so they left. When he got home, one boy mentioned to his mother about my towel malfunction. That mother went on a witch hunt, some things happened, I got arrested and convicted in a court of law and sent to jail. It was all a mistake, blah, blah, blah...end of story one.

The second time was a few years later. I was out of jail and running my successful Internet company and we had a minor unpaid intern. He came to me one day and told me he enjoyed working at my company, but he really needed to make some money and did I know of any paying jobs? It reminded me that just that morning I had seen an email looking for young male models. I thought he would be perfect for the job! I sent the information to him without reading it closely. His mother intercepted the email and once she read it she went crazy (those damn nosy mothers). Apparently, the young male models were needed for a tasteful, nude photo spread for a popular men's magazine and she was a prude. Oh yeah, I got arrested, convicted and sent to jail for that one too. I'm having a tough time with all these mistakes the justice system keeps making.

He wrote more about how misunderstood he was and how these were all innocent mistakes that anyone could make and how he just wanted to live a quiet life in his new city and neighborhood.

Needless to say, Carl was not welcomed into our neighborhood with open arms. I heard (again, through my flimsy grapevine) that he was threatened and harassed. One neighbor allegedly threatened to poison his dog and another group of neighbors allegedly stole the playset that came with the house from his back yard in broad daylight and no one called the police.

I just hunkered down, set my house alarm and locked my doors. I was lucky, because Gomer was still a baby and I didn't have to worry about this guy messing with my kid (I gathered that he preferred the 12-16 year old set).

Rent-a-Center came with a truckload of furniture and he seemed to settle into his new home. Yes, Rent-a-Center. I didn't even know they still existed. I actually never laid eyes on the guy. I stayed away from him and he stayed away from me.

After several months we saw a U-Haul truck in his driveway late one night. He loaded up his Rent-a-Center furniture and took off in the dead of night. See ya, Carl!

Once again, the house went dark and the weeds grew up, but no one complained this time. Everyone was glad to see Carl go. A few weeks later we saw a reporter filming the house, and the Hubs went over to chat him up. He told the Hubs that Carl had indeed moved out, but still owned the house and now he was planning to raffle off the house to raise money for the non-profit he'd founded to protect registered sex offenders. He was going to charge $1 per ticket for a chance to win a "$600,000 home" (that home was worth $500,000 tops AND that was before anyone knew about the history the numerous spooge stains on the walls and ceiling of the kitchen - a favorite location for the filmmakers, I heard.). Either way, this was in the heady days of the real estate boom, so my neighbors about had a coronary.

You can move in here with your kinky ways, you can shoot a pornographic film in the kitchen, you can let the grass grow 2 feet high, but if you THINK for a second you're going to lower the value of our homes with your tacky-ass raffle, you've got another thing coming! They organized and got that shit stopped - pronto. Plus, no one really entered the raffle. The rumor I heard was he raised $6 and had to return it all when the raffle got quashed.

Carl couldn't be stopped though. He changed tactics and decided he'd turn the house into a half way house for registered sex offenders. He went on the news and complained about strict laws limiting where sex offenders could live (not too close to schools, etc.) forced many sex offenders to live under "overpasses" and "bridges." I have lived in this suburban city I call home for about 20 years now and I can honestly say I've never seen anyone living under an overpass or a bridge - sex offender or otherwise.

Carl was just grasping at straws. Luckily, I live in Stepford where we have all kinds of silly laws designed to keep people like Carl guessing. One such law we have is something like only 4 adults who aren't related can live together in one private residence or something like that. Whatever it was, the city pulled it out of their hat and stopped Carl and his idea of a halfway house.

The furor died down and the weeds grew up. The last we heard about Carl was when we had pounding on our door late one night and the Hubs opened it to find two tweeker-looking guys demanding to know where Carl went. They were repo-men and they were there for Carl's Chrysler 300. The Hubs told the repo-men he had no idea where Carl was and to get off our porch (while I cowered upstairs in Gomer's room). They didn't believe him and said, "You're telling me, your neighbor moves and you have no idea where he is?" asked one.

"I'm telling you, I don't care where he is. Good riddance," replied the Hubs.

"I don't believe you. You know where he is," growled the second. I was getting nervous. I was ready to call the cops, because these guys were scarier than any registered sex offender.

"Listen. I could give a fuck," said the Hubs. "The guy's a pervert who messes with kids."

"What did you say?!" said the first one.

"He's a sex offender. He's gone and we're glad."

"Oh I'm gonna kill that guy!" said repo-man number two. They jumped off our porch and headed back to their truck.

I don't know if they caught up with Carl or not, but now you see why I don't get too worked up when I have Visa calling for Gabrielle. That's nothing compared to crack head-looking guys banging on my door in the middle of the night with a baseball bat looking for Carl. I'll take Visa any day!

How Seriously Should I Take Warnings from Neighbors?
Posted by: Sahra ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:12AM

batshit crazy Wrote:
> Am I a "Creeper"? Wrote:
> -----
> > First of all, there's a girl who lives in my
> > apartment complex. I first saw her about 1-2
> years
> > ago. Let's call her Ann because it's short.
> She's
> > pretty attractive, I think. She lives with her
> > boyfriend. I recognized her boyfriend from high
> > school. I tried chatting with him and it turns
> out
> > his older brother was in my graduating class.
> He
> > seemed pretty stand-offish, though. Maybe he's
> > just reserved and is awkward about strangers
> > talking to him.
> >
> > Anyway, I quickly realized Ann walks to work
> like
> > I do, and goes the same way I do, we just work
> at
> > different times. Well, one time more than a
> year
> > ago, I was at the deli in the local supermarket
> > and saw her working there. It was about 10 pm
> and
> > dark and raining. I figured she'd be walking
> home.
> > I went over to her and said, "Hey, I recognize
> you
> > from the apartments. It's dark and raining. You
> > want a ride?" She declined, saying she still
> had
> > to work an hour more.
> >
> > I know 2 other people who work there as well,
> > pretty well. Sometimes in trying to make small
> > talk with the cashiers, in trying to think of
> > things to say, I think of things we have in
> > common, so once in a while I'd mention the
> people
> > who worked there that I knew, and I'd include
> Ann,
> > clarifying that I didn't really know her, she
> just
> > lived in my apartment complex. It was mainly a
> > "small world" statement.
> >
> > Over the past 1-2 years, I've tried chatting
> with
> > them a handful of times, mainly when I see them
> > out chatting with other neighbors that I'm
> > friendly with. Oddly, they usually seem to try
> to
> > ignore me, yet the other neighbors include me
> in
> > the conversation. For a while I've wondered
> what
> > is up with them.
> >
> > One night I went into the supermarket to get
> > flowers for my mom and there was only one lane
> > open. Ann and her boyfriend were in the line. I
> > set my flowers on the conveyor belt and stood
> > there. Her boyfriend glanced over at me, then
> went
> > back to joking with the cashier. Ann, however,
> who
> > was closer to me, actually turned her whole
> body
> > to face me and said, kinda boldly, "Hi, how's
> it
> > going?" I said, "It's good." She then turned
> back
> > to face the cashier. Then she noticed the
> flowers
> > and said, "Look, he gets flowers. You never get
> me
> > flowers." He just smiled and didn't say
> anything.
> > Then they continued talking with the cashier.
> When
> > they were done they just left and didn't say
> > anything. I tried chatting with the cashier and
> he
> > suddenly didn't seem talkative. Whatever.
> >
> > In the last couple months I've gotten food from
> > the deli twice and she was the one to help me.
> I
> > tried making small talk. The first time I said,
> > "So did you guys get a new TV?" She said,
> "No..."
> > and looked really awkward like I was being
> really
> > creepy. Geez, I'm just trying to talk about
> > anything most neighbors would. I said that I
> saw
> > her boyfriend and his brother taking a huge box
> > out to the dumpster the other night when I was
> > taking the trash out and it appeared to be a
> TV.
> > It was also Thanksgiving, so I thought maybe
> they
> > got an early present or something. She said,
> "Oh,
> > no, that was a washer. My boyfriend would like
> if
> > we got a new TV, but our washer went out so we
> had
> > to buy a new one." Then she was done making my
> > food, so she said, "Well, see you later." Kinda
> > short, but maybe her boss is really strict. The
> > second time was right after Christmas. She was
> > taking some items off a shelf. I asked if she
> had
> > a good Christmas. She said she did. I mentioned
> my
> > favorite present I got, which was a new pair of
> > headphones. Said that was cool, then said,
> "Okay,
> > well see you later."
> >
> > Well, recently I've created an alternate
> Facebook
> > account, mainly so I don't have to worry about
> how
> > all my really religious family will react to
> > things. I added some friends I have and added
> > their friends. I started adding people it
> > recommended to me and Ann came up because we
> > apparently had around 15 mutual friends. I
> added
> > her as well. This was an inclusive account,
> after
> > all. I told people who asked who I was that
> they
> > didn't know me in real life and I was just
> trying
> > to meet new people. I even posted a status
> update
> > explaining it. Some removed me, most were cool
> > with it.
> >
> > Ann accepted my request as well. As soon as she
> > did, I saw a status update from her on my news
> > feed complaining about how she was really upset
> > because she had to work on her birthday and had
> to
> > work until 7 when she rarely has to work past
> 2.
> > Her boyfriend had made dinner reservations and
> she
> > didn't know what they were going to do. I
> > remembered how I recently had to work on my
> > birthday and I was pretty upset about it as
> well.
> > The next day her status wasn't on my news feed
> > anymore and I saw that she was no longer my
> > friend, and I couldn't see any of her updates
> > because they were apparently set to
> friends-only.
> > Meh, no big deal. She probably just realized
> she
> > didn't know me.
> >
> > I had to go to Starbucks in the supermarket to
> use
> > my "free coffee" coupon because it was about to
> > expire. While there I mentioned how free coffee
> on
> > your birthday was really cool, especially to
> make
> > up for when people have to work on it. The
> barista
> > said that she rarely has to work on hers since
> the
> > supermarket is pretty good about letting you
> have
> > it off. I remembered Ann's status update and
> said,
> > "Hmm, well I know of someone who works here who
> > has to work on their birthday and they even
> have
> > to work late." She said, "That's weird. They
> > probably don't know it's her birthday. I'm sure
> > someone would switch with her if they did."
> Being
> > the helpful, good-intentioned guy that I am, I
> > went to the deli and saw she wasn't there. I
> asked
> > the first person who came to help me if she
> knew
> > it was Ann's birthday soon and she was
> scheduled
> > to work a late shift that day. She said, "Oh, I
> > don't know anything about that." I said, "Well,
> > just thought I'd let someone know. Random acts
> of
> > kindness and all." I started walking away
> feeling
> > pretty good that I did something to make
> someone's
> > birthday a much better day. I imagined the next
> > time she worked, her co-workers saying, "Hey
> Ann,
> > I didn't know your birthday was coming up! You
> > want me to take that shift and you can have one
> of
> > mine?" The person at the deli said, before I
> left,
> > "Okay, well I'll let her know you came in and
> > mentioned it, hon!" Uh, well okay. That wasn't
> > what I was intending. I didn't do it to look
> good.
> > Just an anonymous nice thing to do for someone.
> No
> > thanks necessary on my part. How would she tell
> > her, anyway? She doesn't know my name and this
> was
> > my first time seeing the woman I spoke to.
> Well,
> > whatever.
> >
> > A couple days later, I got a knock on my front
> > door. It was Ann and her boyfriend. She wanted
> to
> > talk to me outside. She then proceeded to chew
> me
> > out, using an abundance of words like
> > "inappropriate" and "awkward". During the whole
> > conversation, her face was skewed in a way like
> I
> > had broken into her house and vandalized the
> whole
> > interior. She said it was completely
> inappropriate
> > for me to come to her work and make a scene,
> > complaining about her having to work late on
> her
> > birthday and it was totally awkward for her.
> She
> > said if she wanted to work on her birthday,
> that
> > was up to her. She said that if her boyfriend
> had
> > done that, there would be problems. But she
> > doesn't even know me. She said we're not
> friends,
> > we don't have long conversations, we just
> happen
> > to live in the same apartment complex. She said
> I
> > complained to several people and it's now a
> > documented incident as if she had asked me to
> come
> > in and complain on her behalf. I said I didn't
> > mean to make a scene and didn't mean for it to
> > turn out that way. She asked how I could not
> know
> > that it would turn out that way. She also said
> > that the whole time she's worked there she's
> had
> > people talking about how I'm always talking
> about
> > her. She wanted to know how many times I
> mentioned
> > her name to people. The only time I ever
> mentioned
> > her name was when I mentioned her birthday and
> I
> > told her so. She didn't believe that for a
> second
> > and said that that's not what she's been told.
> > Well, then she's been told wrong, because I had
> > only recently found out her name from her name
> > tag. She said she's heard that I talk about her
> a
> > lot.
> >
> > She also wanted to know how I knew that it was
> her
> > birthday and that she even had to work late. I
> > said that I had created a secondary Facebook
> > account separate from some people I knew and
> added
> > a bunch of people from the surrounding area that
> I
> > didn't know. She was one of them. It said she
> had
> > accepted the request and I saw her status
> update
> > on my news feed. As soon as I said this, she
> made
> > a priceless face. She looked in complete shock
> and
> > horror, like she couldn't believe someone could
> > possibly have the nerve to do such a thing.
> When
> > she got her voice back, she said, still with
> her
> > increasingly skewed-up face, "Don't... don't
> you
> > think you probably shouldn't be doing that?"
> It's
> > hard not to laugh thinking about it now. I told
> > her that my sister has a similar account and I
> > know others who do as well. She still didn't
> > agree, but didn't want to argue about that. I
> said
> > that I saw the guy's face on the profile
> picture
> > and thought it was him at first, pointing to
> her
> > boyfriend. He didn't respond at all. He just
> stood
> > there behind her, looking off to his right the
> > whole time. He barely looked at me. Even when I
> > mentioned him, he turned his head a little and
> > sideways looked at me, then looked back to his
> > right.
> >
> > She then boldly demanded to know the name of
> the
> > account. As if I had to tell her anything. But
> I'm
> > nice and accommodating and didn't want to make
> the
> > situation worse, so I told her. Now I wish I
> > hadn't. She, lol, still with that face of
> > disbelief like she found out everything she
> knows
> > is wrong, said, "No, no, I don't know that
> name.
> > No, that name's not on my friends list." I
> said,
> > "Well, that's the name of it and I added you."
> She
> > still insisted, "No, I don't know that name."
> Then
> > she thought and said, "I remember that name, and
> I
> > clicked deny." I said, "It said you accepted
> it."
> > She said, "No, I don't accept anyone I don't
> know.
> > I didn't accept that one." I said, "Hey,
> Facebook
> > sent me a notification saying you accepted it.
> So
> > whatever really happened, you were on my
> friends
> > list for about a day and then disappeared, and
> in
> > that time your status showed on my news feed."
> She
> > was still in disbelief, but couldn't say
> anything
> > else on it. She said, "Well, I don't want
> ANYTHING
> > like this to happen again. I don't want to hear
> my
> > name being mentioned by you at all. It all
> needs
> > to stop, COMPLETELY." I said it would stop, but
> I
> > really didn't mention her that much at all. I
> also
> > didn't make a scene, I just said to her
> co-worker
> > that it kinda sucked she had to work, in
> passing.
> > She said, "Well, whatever your story is, it all
> > needs to stop, completely. No more." I said it
> > would stop and I didn't realize how much
> everyone
> > talked about insignificant things there. She
> ended
> > it, quickly putting her face back to normal and
> > saying in a polite voice, "Well, have a good
> > night," and they left.
> >
> > At first I was sorry and sad. I didn't know any
> of
> > that would turn out that way and never meant to
> > make someone feel that way. Then I was
> frustrated,
> > and now I'm angry as well. Was all that
> necessary?
> > She could have brought it up much sooner if
> this
> > has been going on for so long, instead of just
> > acting weird but keeping it to herself. I just
> > thought she was weird all this time and was
> trying
> > to figure out what was up. Is she just a bitch?
> >
> > So, last night I set my alternative Facebook
> > profile to friends-only, forgetting that I have
> > her brother on my friends list on there, and
> > posted the following status update:
> >
> >
> > If you regularly go to a store and a girl you
> > recognize but don't really know works there and
> > once in a while when chatting with cashiers
> > mention that you know some people who work
> there,
> > including her, does that make you a creep?
> >
> > And if for some reason all the workers decide
> to
> > gossip about everything that anyone says and it
> > gets back to her in a way to where it sounds
> like
> > you're talking about her all the time, and she
> > confronts you on the sidewalk and chews you out
> > for it and says that it needs to stop
> completely,
> > does that make her a bitch?
> > 2 hours later I got a comment from her brother
> > saying, "U better not be talking about my
> sister
> > bro. Because tht will be a big mistake".
> >
> > lol, apparently word gets around. I got some
> other
> > comments from people that were actually
> helpful,
> > so that was nice. The general opinion seems to
> be
> > that it was a misunderstanding on both ends.
> >
> > But it still bugs me. I feel anger well up in
> me
> > whenever I see them now. I entertain thoughts
> of
> > chucking a huge rock at their car or windows or
> > slashing tires. Obviously those would be
> overboard
> > and there would be no doubt as to who did it.
> >
> > ARGH!
>
>
> the guy that lived in our house before us, moved
> in next door.
> he was a FREAK. before we moved in, and before he
> moved out of this house, he punched holes in all
> the walls and cabinets and broke a few windows.
>
> when he moved in next door, we found out that he
> is a registered sex offender (repeat offence
> pedophile) wtf! welive across the street from a jr
> high! he would sit outside all day, and garden and
> stare at everyone walking down the street. my dad
> wouldn't let me my sister, or bro outside at all,
> unless he was out there with his taser and
> handcuffs.
>
> and then he tried to kill himself, and eventually
> moved out, and we got a really nice asian couple,
> then they were forclosed on, some teacher lady
> that loved to pick through trash cans moved it,
> and now we have a really nice older couple, and
> the man loves to rake leaves.... our whole street
> never has a leaf in the street, and his lawn is
> always leaf-less.
>
> oh, and the people that live behind us have a
> little rottweiler mix, whole barks all the fucking
> time... and drives me, my dad, and our two dogs
> crazy.

Recently my future roommate and I found the perfect vintage apartment in a cute little fourplex and we were ready to sign the lease. I went back to look at it yesterday and, as I was walking to my car to leave, a neighbor from the building next door pulled up and expressed concern about a tenant living in my potential new building. She said that he was crazy, dangerous, and that she'd called the cops on him before. She even said that she was considering moving because she lives alone and doesn't feel safe living next to him.

How seriously should I take this warning? I've thought that maybe she wants this apartment for herself, or for a friend, but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk. What do you think?

Date: September 23, 2013 02:23PM

Hey, rickies, stop posting hurting stories from the internet. Most of these posts are obviously nowhere near money metal Fairfax, donk. It's a lock. This thread is a show.

Money.

Posted by: matthew ()
Date: October 06, 2013 12:28PM

YES, mY 18 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER , MY 31 YEAR OLD SON AND i SHARE AN APARTMENT DUE TO INFLATION AND THE ECOMNOMY JUST SUCKS!. mY NEIGHBOR, THE NUTCASE LISA AND HER 23 YEAR OLD POT SMOKING NO TALENT TRIES TO SING WITH HER CRANKED STEREO CONSTANTLY COMPLAIN ABOUT US, wE ARE NORMAL HARD WORKING PEOPLE, mY DAUGHTER GOES TO BEAUTY SCHOOL AND HAS A PART TIME JOB AS WELL. i HAVE JUST HAD A TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT AND AM TRYING TO RECOVER . CRAZY LISA , WILL BANG ON HER CEILING OR PIPES IF i AM IN THE SHOWER OR DOING LAUNDRY. SHE CLAIMS WE WAKE HER UP. fIRST OF ALL nO ONE ON THIS gOD'S GREEN EARTH IS GONNA TELL ME WHEN TO TAKE A SHOWER OR WHEN TO DO LAUNDRY. i PAY MY RENT. sHE AND HER DAUGHTER ON THE OTHER HAND ALWAYS TURN MUSIC UP AS LOUD AS THEY CAN AND THEN TRY TO SING, OMG!!!!!!!, WHAT NOISE. I DON'T THINK EVEN THE BEST SINGING LESSONS COULD HELP THEIR TOAD VOICES. OMG. tHEN they smoke pot that penetrates my hallway and it stinks real bad. The Landlord knows but he has not done anything about the situation These people go way beyond creepy.

Posted by: Cup of Tea ()
Date: October 21, 2013 12:40PM

We have a creepy neighbor, who has been giving me bad vibes since i first saw him, that keeps bothering me. today was the worst encounter out of all of them. I was doing laundry when he comes in there and starts talking to me. somehow this led to him saying "you're really quiet. i see you coming and leaving (my apt.) and you don't say anything to anybody. you just keep to yourself." i just said "yeah" then he says "and you're really pretty too." i just said "uh.." and shook my head, then he said "it's SUCH a TURN ON too that you don't know it!" "MEN LIKE THAT. looks are important to men." he then asks me my name and says "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." and i said i'd rather not say it, but he kept asking me and pressuring me to tell him, so finally i made up a name to get him to leave me alone. he just kept talking and talking and asking me other questions like what month was i born (i lied). he also kept saying i was really pretty at least 3 other times and that he sees me when i come home (i never see him, so it makes me think he is watching me from his apt.) and that i walk like i know what i'm doing (whatever that means????). he also said "i can't believe you're even talking to me and that we're breathing the same air." and "i don't even deserve to polish your shoes." blah blah. i was so disgusted and horrified at this point, i zoned out some and was searching for a way out of talking to him, but was afraid. he just went on and on about his life story for over 20 minutes.

i think because 1 day i said "hi"....."bye, have a good day." that he thinks it was an invitation into my life. i NEVER say that to people. i only said it because it was really early in the morning when i was doing laundry and i didn't want to get raped or attacked if i was rude. he is really scary looking and has a really deep voice. he also looks like he's in his 50s (i'm in my early 20s, but look young for my age). i even avoid making eye contact with him and he STILL tries to talk to me. he also popped out of nowhere 1 day when i was taking the trash out.

i feel so sick after today and have been crying ever since it happened because i think he is a stalker. i feel scared living in my apt. too because i am all by myself. i had felt comfortable for the most part in my apt. until today. i want this person to leave me alone and don't know how to get him away from me. he parks wherever i park and it seems like he is trying to figure out my schedule because he's always outside rummaging in his car whenever i have to go somewhere. it makes me sick knowing he is on the other side of the wall. i have 4 months left on my lease too, but am scared of something worse happening in the meantime because it has been escalating since april.

HOW do i get him to go away and leave me alone???????????? I don't even know what to say for fear of retaliation. I feel like i don't want to leave my apt. anymore and am feeling like a prisoner.

Another scary thing about thing about this person is that i've heard him screaming/yelling at someone in his apt. he sounds like he is a violent person.

Posted by: kdubzz ()
Date: October 21, 2013 01:42PM

only funny reply I have ever seen on FU.

John the Neighbor Wrote:
> I have a crazy neighbor who is obsessed with why
> I'm not more social in our neighborhood. My wife
> and I used to be really friendly and all of that,
> but we just got sick of all the gossip and
> bullshit in our neighborhood, so now we just hang
> out in our house and refuse to answer the door
> when those nosy, judgmental asses come by to try
> and dig up gossip on the pretext of "checking on
> us."
>
> Since no one in this nosy-ass neighborhood can
> stand to not know EXACTLY what we're doing and why
> we're doing it EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY, I've
> started messing with my neighbors. I act scared
> of everything, and leave cranky notes on people's
> cars. I left a note telling my neighbor to shut
> his dog up, even though I know he doesn't have a
> dog, which totally messed him up. I see him
> staring at my house, so I come to the window and
> just make direct eye contact with him. I'm pretty
> sure they all think we're cooking meth or that
> we're up to no good, and it's absolutely
> hilarious.

Posted by: Who wears short shorts? ()
Date: October 21, 2013 07:38PM

Yes. We have a middle aged neighbor who wears short shorts all the time. Not quite as tight as Lt Jim Dangle, but just as short.

It definitely qualifies as creepy.

Posted by: Mordred ()
Date: October 22, 2013 07:43AM

Am I a "Creeper"? Wrote:
> First of all, there's a girl who lives in my
> apartment complex. I first saw her about 1-2 years
> ago. Let's call her Ann because it's short. She's
> pretty attractive, I think. She lives with her
> boyfriend. I recognized her boyfriend from high
> school. I tried chatting with him and it turns out
> his older brother was in my graduating class. He
> seemed pretty stand-offish, though. Maybe he's
> just reserved and is awkward about strangers
> talking to him.
>
> Anyway, I quickly realized Ann walks to work like
> I do, and goes the same way I do, we just work at
> different times. Well, one time more than a year
> ago, I was at the deli in the local supermarket
> and saw her working there. It was about 10 pm and
> dark and raining. I figured she'd be walking home.
> I went over to her and said, "Hey, I recognize you
> from the apartments. It's dark and raining. You
> want a ride?" She declined, saying she still had
> to work an hour more.
>
> I know 2 other people who work there as well,
> pretty well. Sometimes in trying to make small
> talk with the cashiers, in trying to think of
> things to say, I think of things we have in
> common, so once in a while I'd mention the people
> who worked there that I knew, and I'd include Ann,
> clarifying that I didn't really know her, she just
> lived in my apartment complex. It was mainly a
> "small world" statement.
>
> Over the past 1-2 years, I've tried chatting with
> them a handful of times, mainly when I see them
> out chatting with other neighbors that I'm
> friendly with. Oddly, they usually seem to try to
> ignore me, yet the other neighbors include me in
> the conversation. For a while I've wondered what
> is up with them.
>
> One night I went into the supermarket to get
> flowers for my mom and there was only one lane
> open. Ann and her boyfriend were in the line. I
> set my flowers on the conveyor belt and stood
> there. Her boyfriend glanced over at me, then went
> back to joking with the cashier. Ann, however, who
> was closer to me, actually turned her whole body
> to face me and said, kinda boldly, "Hi, how's it
> going?" I said, "It's good." She then turned back
> to face the cashier. Then she noticed the flowers
> and said, "Look, he gets flowers. You never get me
> flowers." He just smiled and didn't say anything.
> Then they continued talking with the cashier. When
> they were done they just left and didn't say
> anything. I tried chatting with the cashier and he
> suddenly didn't seem talkative. Whatever.
>
> In the last couple months I've gotten food from
> the deli twice and she was the one to help me. I
> tried making small talk. The first time I said,
> "So did you guys get a new TV?" She said, "No..."
> and looked really awkward like I was being really
> creepy. Geez, I'm just trying to talk about
> anything most neighbors would. I said that I saw
> her boyfriend and his brother taking a huge box
> out to the dumpster the other night when I was
> taking the trash out and it appeared to be a TV.
> It was also Thanksgiving, so I thought maybe they
> got an early present or something. She said, "Oh,
> no, that was a washer. My boyfriend would like if
> we got a new TV, but our washer went out so we had
> to buy a new one." Then she was done making my
> food, so she said, "Well, see you later." Kinda
> short, but maybe her boss is really strict. The
> second time was right after Christmas. She was
> taking some items off a shelf. I asked if she had
> a good Christmas. She said she did. I mentioned my
> favorite present I got, which was a new pair of
> headphones. Said that was cool, then said, "Okay,
> well see you later."
>
> Well, recently I've created an alternate Facebook
> account, mainly so I don't have to worry about how
> all my really religious family will react to
> things. I added some friends I have and added
> their friends. I started adding people it
> recommended to me and Ann came up because we
> apparently had around 15 mutual friends. I added
> her as well. This was an inclusive account, after
> all. I told people who asked who I was that they
> didn't know me in real life and I was just trying
> to meet new people. I even posted a status update
> explaining it. Some removed me, most were cool
> with it.
>
> Ann accepted my request as well. As soon as she
> did, I saw a status update from her on my news
> feed complaining about how she was really upset
> because she had to work on her birthday and had to
> work until 7 when she rarely has to work past 2.
> Her boyfriend had made dinner reservations and she
> didn't know what they were going to do. I
> remembered how I recently had to work on my
> birthday and I was pretty upset about it as well.
> The next day her status wasn't on my news feed
> anymore and I saw that she was no longer my
> friend, and I couldn't see any of her updates
> because they were apparently set to friends-only.
> Meh, no big deal. She probably just realized she
> didn't know me.
>
> I had to go to Starbucks in the supermarket to use
> my "free coffee" coupon because it was about to
> expire. While there I mentioned how free coffee on
> your birthday was really cool, especially to make
> up for when people have to work on it. The barista
> said that she rarely has to work on hers since the
> supermarket is pretty good about letting you have
> it off. I remembered Ann's status update and said,
> "Hmm, well I know of someone who works here who
> has to work on their birthday and they even have
> to work late." She said, "That's weird. They
> probably don't know it's her birthday. I'm sure
> someone would switch with her if they did." Being
> the helpful, good-intentioned guy that I am, I
> went to the deli and saw she wasn't there. I asked
> the first person who came to help me if she knew
> it was Ann's birthday soon and she was scheduled
> to work a late shift that day. She said, "Oh, I
> don't know anything about that." I said, "Well,
> just thought I'd let someone know. Random acts of
> kindness and all." I started walking away feeling
> pretty good that I did something to make someone's
> birthday a much better day. I imagined the next
> time she worked, her co-workers saying, "Hey Ann,
> I didn't know your birthday was coming up! You
> want me to take that shift and you can have one of
> mine?" The person at the deli said, before I left,
> "Okay, well I'll let her know you came in and
> mentioned it, hon!" Uh, well okay. That wasn't
> what I was intending. I didn't do it to look good.
> Just an anonymous nice thing to do for someone. No
> thanks necessary on my part. How would she tell
> her, anyway? She doesn't know my name and this was
> my first time seeing the woman I spoke to. Well,
> whatever.
>
> A couple days later, I got a knock on my front
> door. It was Ann and her boyfriend. She wanted to
> talk to me outside. She then proceeded to chew me
> out, using an abundance of words like
> "inappropriate" and "awkward". During the whole
> conversation, her face was skewed in a way like I
> had broken into her house and vandalized the whole
> interior. She said it was completely inappropriate
> for me to come to her work and make a scene,
> complaining about her having to work late on her
> birthday and it was totally awkward for her. She
> said if she wanted to work on her birthday, that
> was up to her. She said that if her boyfriend had
> done that, there would be problems. But she
> doesn't even know me. She said we're not friends,
> we don't have long conversations, we just happen
> to live in the same apartment complex. She said I
> complained to several people and it's now a
> documented incident as if she had asked me to come
> in and complain on her behalf. I said I didn't
> mean to make a scene and didn't mean for it to
> turn out that way. She asked how I could not know
> that it would turn out that way. She also said
> that the whole time she's worked there she's had
> people talking about how I'm always talking about
> her. She wanted to know how many times I mentioned
> her name to people. The only time I ever mentioned
> her name was when I mentioned her birthday and I
> told her so. She didn't believe that for a second
> and said that that's not what she's been told.
> Well, then she's been told wrong, because I had
> only recently found out her name from her name
> tag. She said she's heard that I talk about her a
> lot.
>
> She also wanted to know how I knew that it was her
> birthday and that she even had to work late. I
> said that I had created a secondary Facebook
> account separate from some people I knew and added
> a bunch of people from the surrounding area that I
> didn't know. She was one of them. It said she had
> accepted the request and I saw her status update
> on my news feed. As soon as I said this, she made
> a priceless face. She looked in complete shock and
> horror, like she couldn't believe someone could
> possibly have the nerve to do such a thing. When
> she got her voice back, she said, still with her
> increasingly skewed-up face, "Don't... don't you
> think you probably shouldn't be doing that?" It's
> hard not to laugh thinking about it now. I told
> her that my sister has a similar account and I
> know others who do as well. She still didn't
> agree, but didn't want to argue about that. I said
> that I saw the guy's face on the profile picture
> and thought it was him at first, pointing to her
> boyfriend. He didn't respond at all. He just stood
> there behind her, looking off to his right the
> whole time. He barely looked at me. Even when I
> mentioned him, he turned his head a little and
> sideways looked at me, then looked back to his
> right.
>
> She then boldly demanded to know the name of the
> account. As if I had to tell her anything. But I'm
> nice and accommodating and didn't want to make the
> situation worse, so I told her. Now I wish I
> hadn't. She, lol, still with that face of
> disbelief like she found out everything she knows
> is wrong, said, "No, no, I don't know that name.
> No, that name's not on my friends list." I said,
> "Well, that's the name of it and I added you." She
> still insisted, "No, I don't know that name." Then
> she thought and said, "I remember that name, and I
> clicked deny." I said, "It said you accepted it."
> She said, "No, I don't accept anyone I don't know.
> I didn't accept that one." I said, "Hey, Facebook
> sent me a notification saying you accepted it. So
> whatever really happened, you were on my friends
> list for about a day and then disappeared, and in
> that time your status showed on my news feed." She
> was still in disbelief, but couldn't say anything
> else on it. She said, "Well, I don't want ANYTHING
> like this to happen again. I don't want to hear my
> name being mentioned by you at all. It all needs
> to stop, COMPLETELY." I said it would stop, but I
> really didn't mention her that much at all. I also
> didn't make a scene, I just said to her co-worker
> that it kinda sucked she had to work, in passing.
> She said, "Well, whatever your story is, it all
> needs to stop, completely. No more." I said it
> would stop and I didn't realize how much everyone
> talked about insignificant things there. She ended
> it, quickly putting her face back to normal and
> saying in a polite voice, "Well, have a good
> night," and they left.
>
> At first I was sorry and sad. I didn't know any of
> that would turn out that way and never meant to
> make someone feel that way. Then I was frustrated,
> and now I'm angry as well. Was all that necessary?
> She could have brought it up much sooner if this
> has been going on for so long, instead of just
> acting weird but keeping it to herself. I just
> thought she was weird all this time and was trying
> to figure out what was up. Is she just a bitch?
>
> So, last night I set my alternative Facebook
> profile to friends-only, forgetting that I have
> her brother on my friends list on there, and
> posted the following status update:
>
>
> If you regularly go to a store and a girl you
> recognize but don't really know works there and
> once in a while when chatting with cashiers
> mention that you know some people who work there,
> including her, does that make you a creep?
>
> And if for some reason all the workers decide to
> gossip about everything that anyone says and it
> gets back to her in a way to where it sounds like
> you're talking about her all the time, and she
> confronts you on the sidewalk and chews you out
> for it and says that it needs to stop completely,
> does that make her a bitch?
> 2 hours later I got a comment from her brother
> saying, "U better not be talking about my sister
> bro. Because tht will be a big mistake".
>
> lol, apparently word gets around. I got some other
> comments from people that were actually helpful,
> so that was nice. The general opinion seems to be
> that it was a misunderstanding on both ends.
>
> But it still bugs me. I feel anger well up in me
> whenever I see them now. I entertain thoughts of
> chucking a huge rock at their car or windows or
> slashing tires. Obviously those would be overboard
> and there would be no doubt as to who did it.
>
> ARGH!

Alright dude. I'll try to help you out, but keep in mind I skimmed the last half after I realized you wrote a novel.

You kept trying to engage with a woman who hardly knows you and has a live in boyfriend. You also used bad excuses for reasons of engagement. Girls do not like when guys try to talk with them when they are working. They are stuck and half to talk to you rather than want to. Even if they might want to, because they have to provide the service their job entails to you, it is now work and not an interesting social interaction.

You made conversation about her garbage? You can tell a lot about a person from their garbage which makes it very creepy to know about it.

Going back to the work thing, this girl hardly knows you and you complained to her work that she had to do a shift on her birthday. You do not EVER interfere with a womans job, or any persons for that matter, in order to get noticed. Let alone a woman you hardly even know.

Honestly you lose in this one. You came off as totally creepy when in reality you were just trying to be nice and get to know her. But the fact remains she has a boyfriend and you are obviously romantically interested and when you factor in you creepy facebook posts, you just come off as the creepy weirdo in this one.

Cut your losses. Learn from this, leave the poor girl alone, and move on. You win some and this time you lost one.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: October 23, 2013 05:24AM

I guess this qualifies. When Mrs. Abelard and I married, we were living in a top floor apartment with an nice but somewhat squirrelly old lady right below us. We all had glass doors (with shades for privacy) so we could vaguely into her apartment if we cared to, which we didn't, just passed by to get to our own door. I think that I probably glimpsed her 5 or 6 times total over the course of a year, and once offered to take her trash out when I was taking out mine and we both left our doors at the same time. It was a chore to get to the dumpster so she thanked me, the first and last time I ever heard her voice.

She had a scraggly cat we called Ugarte, as it bore more than a passing resemblance to Peter Lorre. Downstairs lady never let Ugarte out, but many a night we'd see him pressing his face against the glass. When he saw that we'd seen him, he'd vanish with a rattle of the blinds.

One night we came home with groceries, and as I unlocked our door, I noticed Ugarte staring at us intently. He didn't run away even when I bent down to get a better look at him, he just sat there, staring.

Next morning we found cops at the door, patrolmen and guys in suits. Yeah, Downstairs lady had died a few days earlier, and they asked if we knew her or had seen anything suspicious. We knew nothing of course but we spent some time trying to figure out what was creepier, having a corpse in apartment beneath us or the haunted look we got from her cat. Never did find out what happened to Ugarte.

Posted by: Ugarte ()
Date: October 23, 2013 06:39AM

abelard Wrote:
> I guess this qualifies. When Mrs. Abelard and I
> married, we were living in a top floor apartment
> with an nice but somewhat squirrelly old lady
> right below us. We all had glass doors (with
> shades for privacy) so we could vaguely into her
> apartment if we cared to, which we didn't, just
> passed by to get to our own door. I think that I
> probably glimpsed her 5 or 6 times total over the
> course of a year, and once offered to take her
> trash out when I was taking out mine and we both
> left our doors at the same time. It was a chore
> to get to the dumpster so she thanked me, the
> first and last time I ever heard her voice.
>
> She had a scraggly cat we called Ugarte, as it
> bore more than a passing resemblance to Peter
> Lorre. Downstairs lady never let Ugarte out, but
> many a night we'd see him pressing his face
> against the glass. When he saw that we'd seen
> him, he'd vanish with a rattle of the blinds.
>
> One night we came home with groceries, and as I
> unlocked our door, I noticed Ugarte staring at us
> intently. He didn't run away even when I bent
> down to get a better look at him, he just sat
> there, staring.
>
> Next morning we found cops at the door, patrolmen
> and guys in suits. Yeah, Downstairs lady had died
> a few days earlier, and they asked if we knew her
> or had seen anything suspicious. We knew nothing
> of course but we spent some time trying to figure
> out what was creepier, having a corpse in
> apartment beneath us or the haunted look we got
> from her cat. Never did find out what happened to
> Ugarte.

I've been re-united with my rightful owner.

Posted by: kitty_pryde ()
Date: October 23, 2013 12:48PM

I have like tons of nasty, scary neighbor stories.

When I lived at home, and when I was young, my parents had very nice, old neighbors on both sides of our house. One set is still living there, but the other set passed away when I was a child. A new family moved in, and they still are there, and they are DISGUSTING. They sell pot out of their house, the dad mows his lawn with his shirt off (and he should NOT have a shirt off), they don't clean up their yard, and in fact, one time there was a turkey wrapper from Thanksgiving that floated around the yard for like, two months... they made a clothesline out of an extension cord and tires and poles... I could go on.

Living on my own, I have had a neighbor who lived above us in our apartment complex who would throw TEMPER TANTRUMS if we had the TV on, one time pounded on his floor for like five minutes while we were vacuuming at like, 6:00 on a Friday night, complained about us having a party when it was actually our neighbors... all kinds of things.

We also moved into another apartment where the apartment next to us used to put grease down their garbage disposal and it ended up clogging the pipes and our pipes burst and ruined all our food (it was in a cabinet next to the sink).

We lived in a rental house and across the street was this old man who would come over and go into our backyard, and stand in the front yard and talk about the black people on our street and call them "*******", and our neighbors were crack heads who let their kids run around all hours of the night... And our neighbors on the other side had two dogs they neglected and these dogs would bark ALL THE FREAKING TIME and they left them outside year round, no matter the weather. It was so sad, I almost called the humane society.

Now we live in a nice neighborhood... it's great.

Posted by: apt 202 ()
Date: October 24, 2013 06:53AM

My ex boyfriend lives upstairs. He is the father of my son and I hadn't seen him in 3 years and he had never seen his son (he ran off with the next door neighbor when I was pregnant). And he owes me $15, 000 in back child support. At least I know where he is now.

We both just happened to move into the same apartment complex.

How awful is that?

Posted by: hoodbridge ()
Date: October 25, 2013 07:11AM

When I was growing up my friend had a neighbor who used to shoot animals that strayed into his yard with a rifle. One halloween, while we were trick or treating, one of our friends stayed out later than we did and took a short cut through his yard. The neighbor shot our friend thinking it was an animal and paralyzed him from the waste down. Ironically, the man was never charged with a crime and it was considered an "accident".

Posted by: Lookiloo ()
Date: October 25, 2013 10:20PM

My creepy neighbor moved in two years ago. He doesn't have curtains on any of his windows. He'll sometimes sit in his dining room at night with the lights out drinking wine and looking out onto the street. That isn't normal! Is he an exhibitionist, or a pervert?

Posted by: Shut the f*ck up crazy bitch ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:09PM

Learn from this, and leave this poor girl alone.
Well I guess your comment was a good waste of about two minutes. I can see that you were reading a completely different story from which I was reading. From what I read the girl was the aggressor and acted as though she may have been on drugs, or had mental issues. What was wrong with making the TV comment, in your warped antisocial mind you took a casual observation, and made it sound like the guy was digging in her trash. From what I read, you must not have a Facebook page, as you clearly have no idea about how "friends" communicate with eachother on the site. She clearly overreacted and made the situation uncomfortable for all parties, by creating a scene. What do you mean "complained", he made a comment about a fact that she chose to reveal publicly. So now it's every one else's responsibility to never offend crazy bitches. We don't live in Victorian England, people communicate, acting like she is innocent is just ignorant. As he clearly states that she continued the "friendship" by accepting his friend request, and making conversation. I see nothing wrong, as he committed no offense, other than making simple conversation with a neighbor who was obviously not in her correct state of mind

Posted by: Stabitha's underage neighbor ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:45PM

Stabitha...she takes pics of me and my friends sunbathing.

Posted by: scary neighbor ()
Date: October 31, 2013 07:11AM

In my case, I'm the scary neighbor! I have long hair and own a hearse, so my neighbors think I'm some kind of satanist (I've actually overheard a conversation to this effect).

In fact, I'm retired from the Navy after 21 years, I have BBA in accounting, and I'm much more frightened of some of my neighbors than they are of me.

Posted by: Elizabeth ()
Date: February 07, 2014 07:08AM

I have a new neighbor that moved here about 3 months ago and is SO creepy.

He asked me to hang out when he just moved here (before I knew he was creepy), and being neighborly I took him for a drink, a few of my friends were there so we ended up having a few and walking home, and he tried to kiss me, (he's almost 20 years older than me). I politely declined. He asked me out a few times since then and I have always, nicely said no.

I recently started seeing someone and after he dropped me off last Monday I was taking my garbage to the curb, around midnight, and my neighbor was at the bottom of my driveway. He asked me why I was out so late, and I (again politely) said I had to go, without answering.

On Tuesday he showed up at a Starbucks that I was at that is 40 minutes from where we live, and last Friday, while I was out, my truck was vandalized, i highly suspect him.

Last night the guy that I'm seeing came over for dinner, and my neighbor knocked on my door just a few minutes after he left and asked me if I have seen his cat, I said no, and he asked to come in because he wanted to hang out. I said I was tired and he still came in, it really upset my dog, and him barking freaked him out and he left right away.

Today, all of the flowers that I planted along my steps were ripped out of the ground, again, I don't know if it was him.

I feel really nervous about him, but besides my truck (which I can't prove he did), he's just been a creep not done anything illegal. Is there anything I can do to deter him or protect myself?

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: February 07, 2014 08:24AM

I don't have any creepy neighbors per se (except, @Lookiloo, there's a woman who lives on the top floor of a building in my community and she'll sit out on her balcony, even in cold temperatures, playing hawk with the parking lot)... I DO have annoying as shit neighbors though. Each tenant has a numbered parking space, a pass to park in a resident labeled parking space and a pass for a visitor's spot. This one jack ass parks his two trucks in the resident labeled and visitor's spots but never uses his number assigned spot. It's fucking annoying. And then someone else has their car straight PARKED in a conveniently placed resident spot, and never moves it!!

Posted by: Holly Hostile ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:44AM

Elizabeth Wrote:

> Last night the guy that I'm seeing came over for
> dinner, and my neighbor knocked on my door just a
> few minutes after he left and asked me if I have
> seen his cat, I said no, and he asked to come in
> because he wanted to hang out. I said I was tired
> and he still came in, it really upset my dog, and
> him barking freaked him out and he left right
> away.
>
> Today, all of the flowers that I planted along my
> steps were ripped out of the ground, again, I
> don't know if it was him.
>
> I feel really nervous about him, but besides my
> truck (which I can't prove he did), he's just been
> a creep not done anything illegal. Is there
> anything I can do to deter him or protect myself?

Elizabeth your post makes me really nervous!!! it sounds like the beginning of murder porn :( I don't know WHAT to tell you to do, but maybe contacting the police just to ask what TO do would be the thing? Seriously, that is scary.

Posted by: Tony ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:55AM

Wow...if it wasn't expensive to do so, I would tell you to move away from this creepy guy.

If it were me, I would set up video cameras and find out what is going on.

Posted by: Elizabeth ()
Date: February 07, 2014 10:06AM

Tony Wrote:
> Wow...if it wasn't expensive to do so, I would
> tell you to move away from this creepy guy.
>

I own. I can't move.

Posted by: Holly Hostile ()
Date: February 07, 2014 11:34AM

Yeah you could set up a cheapie webcam and see what's going on. It may be scarier than you suspect, and it's scary enough already.

Posted by: Waaaaahmbulance ()
Date: February 08, 2014 06:26AM

Elizabeth Wrote:
> I have a new neighbor that moved here about 3
> months ago and is SO creepy.
>
> He asked me to hang out when he just moved here
> (before I knew he was creepy), and being
> neighborly I took him for a drink, a few of my
> friends were there so we ended up having a few and
> walking home, and he tried to kiss me, (he's
> almost 20 years older than me). I politely
> declined. He asked me out a few times since then
> and I have always, nicely said no.
>
> I recently started seeing someone and after he
> dropped me off last Monday I was taking my garbage
> to the curb, around midnight, and my neighbor was
> at the bottom of my driveway. He asked me why I
> was out so late, and I (again politely) said I had
> to go, without answering.
>
> On Tuesday he showed up at a Starbucks that I was
> at that is 40 minutes from where we live, and last
> Friday, while I was out, my truck was vandalized,
> i highly suspect him.
>
> Last night the guy that I'm seeing came over for
> dinner, and my neighbor knocked on my door just a
> few minutes after he left and asked me if I have
> seen his cat, I said no, and he asked to come in
> because he wanted to hang out. I said I was tired
> and he still came in, it really upset my dog, and
> him barking freaked him out and he left right
> away.
>
> Today, all of the flowers that I planted along my
> steps were ripped out of the ground, again, I
> don't know if it was him.
>
> I feel really nervous about him, but besides my
> truck (which I can't prove he did), he's just been
> a creep not done anything illegal. Is there
> anything I can do to deter him or protect myself?

Your psychiatrist needs to change your medication.

A kinda creepy guy asked me out, and said he loved me.. what do I do!?
Posted by: sweet tooth ()
Date: February 08, 2014 10:14AM

Okay so heres my story. There was this guy I was hanging out with, with my friend. I didn't know him (or at least I thought so). The first words to me were "Do you have a boyfriend?" I said no. Then he asked me out. I told him I didn't know him. Then, he told me he used to hang out with me and my (now, ex)boyfriend. He was in jail for a year for hitting a teacher so we never talked after me and my boyfriend broke up. Then I told him I still didn't know-know him. So he told me he'd come over tomorrow (kinda creepy that its been 4 years since he's seen my house, yet he remembers where I live), and we could hang out. I told him sure, since I had no other plans and he didn't seem that bad. Sure, he was creepyish, but maybe after I got to know him he wouldn't be. But then he walked me home, and gave me his jacket cause it was cold. THEN he said HE LOVED ME. I was like WTF! I don't even really know the guy! Then I went inside. Its just a little weird. Should I have my mom tell him I'm not home tomorrow? Or should I just hang out with him? I have no clue what to do. The guy just wont give up.

Posted by: CEGjv ()
Date: February 08, 2014 10:34AM

I would tell you to tell him to **** off but in this type of situation I don't know if thats a smart thing to do. He seems violent. I mean really...he hit a teacher? Slowly start to ignore him and he will get the picture.

Re: A kinda creepy guy asked me out, and said he loved me.. what do I do!?
Posted by: Rowboat Robert ()
Date: February 11, 2014 01:07PM

sweet tooth Wrote:
> Okay so heres my story. There was this guy I was
> hanging out with, with my friend. I didn't know
> him (or at least I thought so). The first words to
> me were "Do you have a boyfriend?" I said no. Then
> he asked me out. I told him I didn't know him.
> Then, he told me he used to hang out with me and
> my (now, ex)boyfriend. He was in jail for a year
> for hitting a teacher so we never talked after me
> and my boyfriend broke up. Then I told him I still
> didn't know-know him. So he told me he'd come over
> tomorrow (kinda creepy that its been 4 years since
> he's seen my house, yet he remembers where I
> live), and we could hang out. I told him sure,
> since I had no other plans and he didn't seem that
> bad. Sure, he was creepyish, but maybe after I got
> to know him he wouldn't be. But then he walked me
> home, and gave me his jacket cause it was cold.
> THEN he said HE LOVED ME. I was like WTF! I don't
> even really know the guy! Then I went inside. Its
> just a little weird. Should I have my mom tell him
> I'm not home tomorrow? Or should I just hang out
> with him? I have no clue what to do. The guy just
> wont give up.

Uh-Oh, it looks like your stalker has moved in for the kill. He knows more about you than he's entitled to, and that's a bit unnerving. You allowed him to walk you home, and he thinks you're now his girlfriend. Getting your mom to say your not home will not put him off. He'll be back next day and the day after until he finds you at home. Like you say, he just won't give up. You have to tell him straight, to his face, that you're not interested in him. And tell him why. Because he's a creep. Tell him this when you have friends with you. It should embarrass him enough to stay away. It will also provide you with some protection in case he's the type that hits girls, as well as teachers.

Posted by: Noyoudint ()
Date: February 11, 2014 02:25PM

Tell him you are going to go to the shooting range and would he like to go. And that you like to shoot and fart at the same time. That should escalate things pretty well.

Posted by: Wow! ! ()
Date: February 11, 2014 08:56PM

12GA, .45, .38, .22, .40, .357, 5.56, 7.62x51R, 7.62x39, of there's so many more to choose from. Pick one and apply liberally until problem clears up, usually results are immediate.

Posted by: Kylie ()
Date: February 12, 2014 07:38AM

OMG I was in a really similar situation. Look don't lead him on just be honest. Honesty is the best policy. If you don't wanna go out with him and it's not safe etc then don't go just talk to him about how you feel just say he's nice and really sweet and it flattering to be asked out and everything but you don't feel ready to go out at the moment or you don't know him well enough. If you go out he'll keep thinking you like him like that. What happened with me was I knew this girl who had told me she was crushing on him the day before he asked me out so after I told him honestly I didn't feel ready/comfortable going out with him. At first I felt really bad but then I walked past and saw him and her standing next to each other randomly so I walked up and said hi and went awww wow! You guys look really cute together! And guess what!!! Two days later he asked her out and they're so sweet together, they can wipe the smiles off their faces! How cute is that? And now everyone's happy. They're together and I'm going out with a guy whose feelings I honestly return. Hope this helps : ) lol and a quote from my friend in the new happy couple I set up: 'he's just so sweet I want to cuddle him and eat him all up... But then he'd be all gone!' lol hahaha she is so in love it's really sweet an I'm glad he can have an honest relationship with her.

Posted by: layla ()
Date: April 05, 2014 07:05PM

We had a neighbor we called The Penguin. Long story short: he shot my friends dog, we fucked with him alot. If there is interest I'll tell it!

Okay here it is. Imagine a man big, 5'11 345 lbs. He was round too, like the name implies a penguin. Thus 11 year old me and his friends called him such.

One day my friend, we'll call him Trayvon, let his dog out into the yard to piss. What he heard afterwards was startling. BOOM, a gun shot! Us 11 year old adventures got obviously curious and went outside, pausing our CoD game to check it out.

We went outside to look around and see nothing. Only hearing the whimpering of Trayvon's dog. We looked over the hill to only see the poor dog dying in The Penguins yard. Trayvon and me as well as our other friends, we will them call Ja'Quill and Jose.

We launced Operation Penguin against this foul mass of lard. We started with what we called Nigga Nockin (aka Ding Dong Ditchin, also don't get pissy bout the n-word, thats actually what we called it!) While that seemed to tick him off neverless it wasn't good enough.

4th of July rolled in and we formulated a new plan, Operation Fireworks. So we did what any 11 year olds would do, shot them all off at once outside that Penguins house! This one pissed him off, he cam out hollin and whoopin, we ran back to Trayvons house to play YuGiOh that day, but alas the fight was still alive.

Now our final plan was afoot, Operation Doorstep! What we did made him so mad it was told his roar was heard from his Penguin brethren aroumd the globe. What we did? We pissed on his doorstep and Nigga Nocked him again! This time, coming out in a fight, he steped in a pubble of all our piss! Ruining his new shoes!

We stopped after this, grew up, and left. But I will always remember this time as one of the highlights of my childhood.

Re: A kinda creepy guy asked me out, and said he loved me.. what do I do!?
Posted by: uePVd ()
Date: April 05, 2014 07:48PM

What the fuck kinda cunt are you? You're leading him on. If you don't like him...tell him.

There's nothing wrong with him. You're the one whose fucked up!

sweet tooth Wrote:
> Okay so heres my story. There was this guy I was
> hanging out with, with my friend. I didn't know
> him (or at least I thought so). The first words to
> me were "Do you have a boyfriend?" I said no. Then
> he asked me out. I told him I didn't know him.
> Then, he told me he used to hang out with me and
> my (now, ex)boyfriend. He was in jail for a year
> for hitting a teacher so we never talked after me
> and my boyfriend broke up. Then I told him I still
> didn't know-know him. So he told me he'd come over
> tomorrow (kinda creepy that its been 4 years since
> he's seen my house, yet he remembers where I
> live), and we could hang out. I told him sure,
> since I had no other plans and he didn't seem that
> bad. Sure, he was creepyish, but maybe after I got
> to know him he wouldn't be. But then he walked me
> home, and gave me his jacket cause it was cold.
> THEN he said HE LOVED ME. I was like WTF! I don't
> even really know the guy! Then I went inside. Its
> just a little weird. Should I have my mom tell him
> I'm not home tomorrow? Or should I just hang out
> with him? I have no clue what to do. The guy just
> wont give up.

Posted by: NotThePenguinMan ()
Date: April 06, 2014 10:37AM

layla- that guy was clearly insane and in my opinion scummy as hell for shooting the dog, but your friend was an asshole kid by letting his dog out without a fence, a leash, or supervision. did he even care about his dog? it obviously didn't know to stay in his yard, what if it was hit by a car?

I imagine this was an every day thing and that's why that poor innocent animal was eventually killed by the psychotic, and also justifiably paranoid neighbor.

why would you poke the crazy, armed guy with a stick?

Posted by: league for decency ()
Date: April 06, 2014 11:42AM

I have a creepy neighbor. Her bathroom is exposed for all the world to see due to a two-story length glass window between it and the street. Every night at around 12 midnight, she goes into her bathroom in her underwear with the door open looking like this.

Posted by: veronica ()
Date: April 06, 2014 06:57PM

We have a creepy neighbor, who has been giving me bad vibes since i first saw him, that keeps bothering me. today was the worst encounter out of all of them. I was doing laundry when he comes in there and starts talking to me. somehow this led to him saying "you're really quiet. i see you coming and leaving (my apt.) and you don't say anything to anybody. you just keep to yourself." i just said "yeah" then he says "and you're really pretty too." i just said "uh.." and shook my head, then he said "it's SUCH a TURN ON too that you don't know it!" "MEN LIKE THAT. looks are important to men." he then asks me my name and says "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." and i said i'd rather not say it, but he kept asking me and pressuring me to tell him, so finally i made up a name to get him to leave me alone. he just kept talking and talking and asking me other questions like what month was i born (i lied). he also kept saying i was really pretty at least 3 other times and that he sees me when i come home (i never see him, so it makes me think he is watching me from his apt.) and that i walk like i know what i'm doing (whatever that means????). he also said "i can't believe you're even talking to me and that we're breathing the same air." and "i don't even deserve to polish your shoes." blah blah. i was so disgusted and horrified at this point, i zoned out some and was searching for a way out of talking to him, but was afraid. he just went on and on about his life story for over 20 minutes.

i think because 1 day i said "hi"....."bye, have a good day." that he thinks it was an invitation into my life. i NEVER say that to people. i only said it because it was really early in the morning when i was doing laundry and i didn't want to get raped or attacked if i was rude. he is really scary looking and has a really deep voice. he also looks like he's in his 50s (i'm in my early 20s, but look young for my age). i even avoid making eye contact with him and he STILL tries to talk to me. he also popped out of nowhere 1 day when i was taking the trash out.

i feel so sick after today and have been crying ever since it happened because i think he is a stalker. i feel scared living in my apt. too because i am all by myself. i had felt comfortable for the most part in my apt. until today. i want this person to leave me alone and don't know how to get him away from me. he parks wherever i park and it seems like he is trying to figure out my schedule because he's always outside rummaging in his car whenever i have to go somewhere. it makes me sick knowing he is on the other side of the wall. i have 4 months left on my lease too, but am scared of something worse happening in the meantime because it has been escalating since Feb. Another scary thing about thing about this person is that i've heard him screaming/yelling at someone in his apt. he sounds like he is a violent person.

HOW do i get him to go away and leave me alone???????????? I don't even know what to say for fear of retaliation. I feel like i don't want to leave my apt. anymore and am feeling like a prisoner.

Posted by: Being stalked in Burke ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:51AM

Okay, so here's the deal:

I live in Burke, down the street from a weird dude. He walks around the street late at night and never wears a shirt. As in, never.

About a year ago, I heard some glass break out front late at night and saw somebody wandering around from my window. Went outside to investigate (maybe not the smartest idea, in general). Weird neighbor guy was outside and acted, well, weird. He said he hadn't heard anything (sure, buddy) and introduced himself. A strange interaction, but I mostly forgot about it.

Fast-forward to a couple weeks ago. I'm getting ready for bed (11:30pm) and look out the living room window - somebody is standing on the sidewalk and looking at my house and the next door neighbor's (recently foreclosed). I watched from a different window as he paced back and forth in front of our houses. I called the police in case the next door house was about to be burglarized. They drove the neighborhood, found the guy, and let me know it was the creepy neighbor. Great.

Fast-forward to tonight. I took my dog on a walk around 7:00pm and walked by the neighbor. He said hello. As I approached my house a half-hour later, I saw him walk into my driveway from a distance. When I made it to my house, he was standing by one of the windows (it looked like he was peering in, but I'm not sure), turned around, and spat out some rushed explanation about moving my trash can for me. He then walked off hurriedly. Sure enough, he moved my trash can directly behind my car.

So, I'm sufficiently creeped out. Don't know whether to go have a chat with the guy or leave this alone. What recourse do i have if he keeps, well, being a creeper? Should I ignore the guy? How would you handle it?

Posted by: Stalker's Mug Shot ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:56AM

Attachments:
grumpy-cat-part1-2-20-092020192.png

Posted by: a little scared ()
Date: April 28, 2014 03:33PM

I don't have much on this guy but a gut feeling. I don't like him. : It's rude, I know. There are a couple just "wierded out" stories that probably all basically boil down to social graces, styles of communication and upbringing, which are no reason to judge someone, but there are OTHER things that disturb me about him. I can't explain it, a motherly instinct, a gut feeling whatever. He knows I don't like him. I've never been rude to him, but not friendly. I am friendly with a few other neighbors, but not FRIENDS, if that makes sense. These other situtions That I mentioned were just annoyances and expectations he had of borrowing some tools (that we use for our business and we don't loan out), we just stopped answering the door, stopping to talk to him on a walk, etc. He just didn't get that we didn't want to do that. He kept trying to talk us into a "business deal" b/c he was out of work. My dh should loan him his tools and he would pay dh part of the $$$ he made.

He wants to stop and talk when I'm going for a walk and insist that my girls remember his name. I don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable. Now I avoid him and he me. I'll walk right by and not say a word. Not mad or angry, just not comfortable. He's home during the day (older) all day and I just don't want him getting friendly or stopping by all the time (as he was). It's an unspoken, just "don't bug me" kind of gait to my walk that I put on and he knows. He doesn't like me either (probably b/c of everything stated above).

What's the problem? He addresses my KIDS without addressing me. I never tell them to respond, in fact, I've told them NOT to respond or speak to him unless I'm around. I'm a pretty respectful person (reasonably) and believe in the old "speak when spoken to* rule, I THINK. Generally. If someone says, "hello", hello back at the park. whatever. But, he will see them in my yard if we're out doing yard work and say, "Hi, girls! Are you workin' hard?" Something harmless like that. They'll generally just wave and nod and I let it go. Why would he want to do that? Bugs the S*** out of me. I think he's doing it to bug the S**** out of me, but I feel like he's preying on my kids. Seducing them in a way. If we're on a walk, he'll say "Hi girls" as I walk by, knowing he's not going to address me or I him.

We have a nice street. A nice neighborhood. A general sense of safety, friendliness and community. We have a good reputation on our street and a good raport with our other neighbors (who are all very friendly with this man, BTW), but none whom we know very well. How do I handle this? Honestly? He creeps me out. I'm kind of scared to say, "Hey. Just don't talk to my kids, okay", b/c I worry that will piss him off and that scares me. I don't want to cause an uproar and generally want to keep the peace, but I DON'T want him talking to my kids or for them to get comfortable with him. I'm always telling them in one way or another not to speak to him. He's not a friend, etc. But, I feel like I'm just letting him do whatever the hell he wants without taking action to protect my kids.

Any wise advice welcome. Just don't blast me on what I've done or haven't done. Really. It's just been a very quiet, unsaid situation and I haven't had any alarms or warning bells go off about this guy. Please don't say I'm being mean. I'm open to the fact that I may be overly fearful, though. THANKS!

Posted by: Lady Jay ()
Date: June 01, 2014 05:46PM

My daughter (now your age) was traumatized by a crazy neighbour many years ago when she was about twelve. He had a restraining order and moved away eventually. At the time we were asked if we needed Victim's Services and I said "No, we can manage to care for and protect our daughter." Also, I was thinking that I did not want to make big of the issue so she would be less worried.
He never touched her, just acted threatening, staring as he drove by, pretending to slit his throat, squealing wheels, -- silly stuff.

Ten years later he was back on our street, driving by, even though it it a small street nobody would normally be on unless they lived here.

IF I had taken up Victims Service's offer of counselling, help, I could have taken it further, even at this late date. She could have had information on his whereabouts, whether he had other charges and other informtion witheld from the general public.

As it is - at 27 - she is still spooky, puts all the lights on at night, can recognize his truck in any parking lot, will not stay alone, cannot go out to her car when parked in our driveway by herself....and so on. She has a partner now, and wherever they are, he has to sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door!
Other than that, she is a caring, mature adult, good career in front of her and full of fun.

So, I don't blame you for being scared - there is no knowing his other mental conditions, whether he is on or off his medication, etc. Take a strong stance now and rely on your family to help you.

She has often said, in a serious and not offhand way, that she wishes she could sue him just to get rid of him. Bit late now, but the situation has lasted her a very long time.

Posted by: eff ewe ()
Date: June 01, 2014 05:56PM

Absolutely, I have a bunch of Re(publican)tards living near me

Posted by: I would be ALOT scared ()
Date: June 01, 2014 06:19PM

a little scared Wrote:
> I don't have much on this guy but a gut feeling. I
> don't like him. : It's rude, I know. There are a
> couple just "wierded out" stories that probably
> all basically boil down to social graces, styles
> of communication and upbringing, which are no
> reason to judge someone, but there are OTHER
> things that disturb me about him. I can't explain
> it, a motherly instinct, a gut feeling whatever.
> He knows I don't like him. I've never been rude to
> him, but not friendly. I am friendly with a few
> other neighbors, but not FRIENDS, if that makes
> sense. These other situtions That I mentioned were
> just annoyances and expectations he had of
> borrowing some tools (that we use for our business
> and we don't loan out), we just stopped answering
> the door, stopping to talk to him on a walk, etc.
> He just didn't get that we didn't want to do that.
> He kept trying to talk us into a "business deal"
> b/c he was out of work. My dh should loan him his
> tools and he would pay dh part of the $$$ he
> made.
>
> He wants to stop and talk when I'm going for a
> walk and insist that my girls remember his name. I
> don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable. Now I
> avoid him and he me. I'll walk right by and not
> say a word. Not mad or angry, just not
> comfortable. He's home during the day (older) all
> day and I just don't want him getting friendly or
> stopping by all the time (as he was). It's an
> unspoken, just "don't bug me" kind of gait to my
> walk that I put on and he knows. He doesn't like
> me either (probably b/c of everything stated
> above).
>
> What's the problem? He addresses my KIDS without
> addressing me. I never tell them to respond, in
> fact, I've told them NOT to respond or speak to
> him unless I'm around. I'm a pretty respectful
> person (reasonably) and believe in the old "speak
> when spoken to* rule, I THINK. Generally. If
> someone says, "hello", hello back at the park.
> whatever. But, he will see them in my yard if
> we're out doing yard work and say, "Hi, girls! Are
> you workin' hard?" Something harmless like that.
> They'll generally just wave and nod and I let it
> go. Why would he want to do that? Bugs the S***
> out of me. I think he's doing it to bug the S****
> out of me, but I feel like he's preying on my
> kids. Seducing them in a way. If we're on a walk,
> he'll say "Hi girls" as I walk by, knowing he's
> not going to address me or I him.
>
> We have a nice street. A nice neighborhood. A
> general sense of safety, friendliness and
> community. We have a good reputation on our street
> and a good raport with our other neighbors (who
> are all very friendly with this man, BTW), but
> none whom we know very well. How do I handle this?
> Honestly? He creeps me out. I'm kind of scared to
> say, "Hey. Just don't talk to my kids, okay", b/c
> I worry that will piss him off and that scares me.
> I don't want to cause an uproar and generally want
> to keep the peace, but I DON'T want him talking to
> my kids or for them to get comfortable with him.
> I'm always telling them in one way or another not
> to speak to him. He's not a friend, etc. But, I
> feel like I'm just letting him do whatever the
> hell he wants without taking action to protect my
> kids.
>
> Any wise advice welcome. Just don't blast me on
> what I've done or haven't done. Really. It's just
> been a very quiet, unsaid situation and I haven't
> had any alarms or warning bells go off about this
> guy. Please don't say I'm being mean. I'm open to
> the fact that I may be overly fearful, though.
> THANKS!

I would trust your instincts and be very concerned. God gave you "Women's Intuition" for a reason!

Posted by: Oh My God... ()
Date: June 02, 2014 10:18AM

eff ewe Wrote:
> Absolutely, I have a bunch of Re(publican)tards
> living near me

Hopefully not truethevote/truthguyyeahh. That would be awful.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: June 02, 2014 10:20AM

I would be ALOT scared Wrote:
> God gave you "Women's Intuition" for a reason!

There is no such thing as God, and there is no such thing as women's intuition. Why do so many choose to live in a demon-haunted world?

Posted by: God Loves Trolls ()
Date: June 02, 2014 12:12PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
> I would be ALOT scared Wrote:
> -----
> > God gave you "Women's Intuition" for a reason!
>
> There is no such thing as God, and there is no
> such thing as women's intuition. Why do so many
> choose to live in a demon-haunted world?

Have you looked around lately? LOL

Posted by: Timothy ()
Date: June 02, 2014 03:45PM

Got these arabs next door to me. Yeah. How can I scare them away?

Posted by: LCbuU ()
Date: June 02, 2014 04:17PM

The creepiest neighbors I've had, going back to the 80s, have been women.

Posted by: YchwF ()
Date: June 02, 2014 07:03PM

yea i have gov workers around who hire illegals and buy asian cars. never do any of their own work.

total assholes.

Posted by: linda ()
Date: June 04, 2014 08:06AM

There is this dude that lives in the apartment across from me. He always pops out to say hi when I come home and he knows details about my life that I have not shared(when I get home, where I shop, where I work). etc.

Well, my mom came to visit and I was rolling out her suitcase. Just as I'm hitting the stairs of my apartment (I'm on the 3rd floor), he waves me down and asks me if I was leaving (as in moving out). Huh? I ask. And then I quickly say no and get the fuck out of there.

There are no windows near the doors of my apartment complex. It's just halls and doors. So he is either standing behind the door or watchin via something else.

Posted by: I am nailing it ()
Date: June 04, 2014 08:38AM

No I had the weirdest neighbor. Killed both of his parents with shotgun in the family room during a blizzard. Right across the street from my kid's bus stop.

I am not making this up. Joshua Cook(e?).

Posted by: I remember ()
Date: June 04, 2014 08:42AM

I am nailing it Wrote:
> No I had the weirdest neighbor. Killed both of his
> parents with shotgun in the family room during a
> blizzard. Right across the street from my kid's
> bus stop.
>
> I am not making this up. Joshua Cook(e?).

Oh yeah the Cooke case...

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/10/piers-morgan-live-rewind-joshua-cooke-on-americas-assualt-weapon-problem-killing-his-parents-and-what-experts-think-of-his-exclusive-interview/

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: June 04, 2014 08:44AM

linda Wrote:
> There is this dude that lives in the apartment
> across from me. He always pops out to say hi when
> I come home and he knows details about my life
> that I have not shared(when I get home, where I
> shop, where I work). etc.
>
> Well, my mom came to visit and I was rolling out
> her suitcase. Just as I'm hitting the stairs of my
> apartment (I'm on the 3rd floor), he waves me down
> and asks me if I was leaving (as in moving out).
> Huh? I ask. And then I quickly say no and get the
> fuck out of there.
>
> There are no windows near the doors of my
> apartment complex. It's just halls and doors. So
> he is either standing behind the door or watchin
> via something else.

I had a dude like that. He would be standing outside waiting for me to come home. I lived exactly above him so he could hear everything and I had to walk past his apt to walk upstairs to my own. So each time he would hear me walk down the stairs, he would run and try to meet me at the bottom of the stairs like he was walking out his door at the same time. Or he would stand behind his door and watch me leave. If I was going outside to do laundry, which I had to walk past his car to get to the laundry room, he would act like he just had to wash his car, or he would pretend like he was looking for something. Or he would just stand in front of his car and watch me do laundry. I would close the laundry door to avoid him watching me. He was really creepy and an old dude at that. My son got tired of this dude and told him "you act like you never seen a woman before, stop staring at my mom and get a life". lol

I hated coming home and I hated leaving cause he was always there. everyday!!!! Then late at night he would make all kinds of noise to wake me up in order for me to go downstairs and speak to him about the noise. I never did cause I knew thats what he wanted. I eventually moved out and all the neighbors used to tell me that he was beyond in love with me and didnt understand why I wouldnt talk to him. He would brag about all the shit he would do to me at night and was proud of the shit. I hated living there. ugh!

when I moved out, he stood by the door and watched the movers put all my stuff in the truck. he watched the whole thing from beginning to end. he was a certified nut!

Date: June 04, 2014 08:45AM

Big blizzard. Like two feet of snow. We never get plowed out. Saw the lights on the snowplow and thought we were getting lucky. Woke up the next morning to find out the reason we got plowed out was that the emergency vehicles had to get through to the crime scene.

Can anybody top this?

Somebody I work with lived next door to the Va Tech murderer.

Posted by: thMW4 ()
Date: June 04, 2014 08:52AM

I am nailing it Wrote:
> Big blizzard. Like two feet of snow. We never get
> plowed out. Saw the lights on the snowplow and
> thought we were getting lucky. Woke up the next
> morning to find out the reason we got plowed out
> was that the emergency vehicles had to get through
> to the crime scene.
>
> Can anybody top this?
>
> Somebody I work with lived next door to the Va
> Tech murderer.

Which VA Tech murderer? They're have been at least a handful.

Date: June 04, 2014 09:23AM

The Big One.

Posted by: allyson ()
Date: June 04, 2014 09:36AM

Once when I was home visiting my parents, I was coming back to their house from hanging w/my homies. Right as I'm approaching the house, I noticed the idiot neighbor from across the street looking in a bedroom window. I rode pass the house, and went to the convenience store where I saw my dad earlier to tell him I saw that fool looking in the window. My daddy left that store in a hurry ready to go the hell off on the dude, but he was no where to be found . The next day when my dad saw him, he threatened that if he "caught who did it, he'd kill him" trying to see if he'd confess to being a peeping Tom. The dude tried convincing my dad that "the person" (aka him) probably didn't mean any harm. After that threat, I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

Another weird neighbor I had was this dude that repeatedly came over to our apartment back in like 2007 when I lived w/my cousin. We hung w/him once @ our place, and after that he would come by everyday 2-5 times! We'd act like we weren't home, and peek out the window to see that idiot trying to look up in our window to see if he could see any movement. He would come over all times of day & night. One time we had to talk about whooping his ass w/baseball bats & knives to get him to get away from our door lol. Then after he left, we went to report him to one of the apartment complex police officers. This fool later saw us either coming or going later that day talking about we didn't have to go report him smh. We then threatened to whoop his ass again for not leaving us alone lol.

Posted by: Weirded out ()
Date: June 05, 2014 08:31AM

A week or two ago while I was getting ready for work in my bedroom at 0830, someone pounded on the basement door. I ignored the sound, thinking it was probably the neighbors messing with the trash cans they keep nearby. Or maybe one of the teenagers who cut through my yard to travel from the main street deeper into the neighborhood, playing around and thumping on the door as they passed by. Sometimes they slap the neighbor’s car and set off the alarm.

Whatever. I ignored it.

I walked down to the basement to get some clothes that had been drying overnight. As I was standing there in the dim light, half-naked and digging through the dryer for my work t-shirt, the person pounded the door again. I threw my shirt on in case they crawled through the weeds to peer in the window around the corner. Back upstairs, I checked outside and didn’t see anybody nearby, but I did notice what appeared to be an older lady wearing a backpack farther down the street and moving in the opposite direction from my house.

Weird.

I got in the car to leave and in a small fit of paranoia, I jumped out and ran inside to grab my laptop and camera in case somebody came back later to ransack my house. I also told the cat, “Kitty cat, you’re on your own. If anybody comes in, release the claws.”

A couple days later I asked my neighbor if he had seen anything strange but he said no, other than a cop arresting some kid in front of my house one evening a few weeks earlier. He also mentioned the lady who had been tricking old folks into agreeing to give her money and then robbing them while they rummaged in the other room for their wallets. But that was awhile ago and why knock on the basement door and not the front door?

I never saw or heard anything else.

But yesterday after a visit to my sister’s house, I picked up the mail on my way inside and found this note, written on the back of an astrology services advertisement:

Is this from the same creepster who was police-knocking on my back door at 0830? Did they leave a note because they were mad that the tree weed was still there?

1. “BTW”? As if we have spoken before and this is a continuation of the conversation? Creepy.

2. Yes, I know this tree is an invasive species. However, I have never seen it flower, much less seen any cute sproutlings growing anywhere. Do you think I WANT this gigantic tree weed hogging the flowerbed space in front of the holly bush?

3. Did you see that pile of logs next to the tree? That’s the SAME TREE. We cut it down to a stump last year and it regrew to the same size again. In less than one year. I make $9 a hour, I can’t afford to have it totally removed. Sorry.

4. Hurt the forest? The nearest forest is miles away, which wouldn’t matter since birds can eat seeds and poop them out miles away. However, as I already mentioned, the tree weed isn’t flowering so the birds have nothing to eat and poop out.

5. Then the note devolves into nuttiness: “it’s used to determine where they cut down a bunch of trees and sell real estate” What??

I added my own note to the nutty note and taped it to my front door. I wonder if they will respond?
Attachments:
treenote2.jpg

not a sermon, just a thought ;)
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 05, 2014 12:31PM

@weirded - maybe just creepy bag lady dropped some trash she had happened to pick up earlier........maybe that's all that note is and she didnt even write that crap on the back of it at all.

Re: not a sermon, just a thought ;)
Posted by: xnPpM ()
Date: June 06, 2014 06:53PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @weirded - maybe just creepy bag lady dropped some
> trash she had happened to pick up
> earlier........maybe that's all that note is and
> she didnt even write that crap on the back of it
> at all.

Wow! Gordon Blvd where have you been hiding?

Posted by: 637Fu ()
Date: June 23, 2014 03:32PM

I moved in about 2 years ago. From the very beginning, I noticed this guy would be out in his back yard, sitting in his chair, facing toward my house almost every time I came outside. At first, I ignored it, figured he had been doing it long before I moved in. But then one day my ex came over to help me put some stairs from my patio to the deck and we were sitting at the table on the back deck and HE (my ex) noticed it and asked if that was my "new boyfriend". I laughed half-heartedly and said, "no" but I've noticed the same thing. I offered up the excuse that maybe he was just pointing his chair in the direction of the sun. My ex looked at me like I was dumb. His response, "yeah right, that's it.... Come on, he's not looking at the sun!" Anyway, since then, almost everyone that I've had over and we sat on the back deck would comment about the guy. It just gives me the creeps! I don't even know him, nor do I want to! I even told my sons that if anything happens to me, make sure the police question the "wierd" neighbor.

I've done nothing to invite the attention. Infact, I've given up doing things that I would normally do. Like...sunning in my swimsuit on the patio, using the hot tub while it's still light out, cutting the grass in a bikini top. Because, I don't want to give off any impressions that I'm looking for attention. Since the guy hasn't approached me or done anything other than always gawking and staring my way, I can't really report him.

So...what I did this past weekend was put up some privacy panels along side my patio, which shields my hot tub and deck. I'm hoping it works! I know it's only been a few days but since I put up the panels, when I go out in the yard or garden, I don't see his fat ass sitting there staring over my way. I hope he got the hint.

Posted by: pd7bD ()
Date: June 23, 2014 04:25PM

Do you have a nice rack?

Posted by: 637Fu ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:29AM

pd7bD Wrote:
> Do you have a nice rack?

Yes I do. I even used to model for a bit.

Posted by: redhead wondergurl ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:35AM

I have a creepy neighbor, who has been giving me bad vibes since i first saw him, that keeps bothering me. today was the worst encounter out of all of them. I was doing laundry when he comes in there and starts talking to me. somehow this led to him saying "you're really quiet. i see you coming and leaving (my apt.) and you don't say anything to anybody. you just keep to yourself." i just said "yeah" then he says "and you're really pretty too." i just said "uh.." and shook my head, then he said "it's SUCH a TURN ON too that you don't know it!" "MEN LIKE THAT. looks are important to men." he then asks me my name and says "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." and i said i'd rather not say it, but he kept asking me and pressuring me to tell him, so finally i made up a name to get him to leave me alone. he just kept talking and talking and asking me other questions like what month was i born (i lied). he also kept saying i was really pretty at least 3 other times and that he sees me when i come home (i never see him, so it makes me think he is watching me from his apt.) and that i walk like i know what i'm doing (whatever that means????). he also said "i can't believe you're even talking to me and that we're breathing the same air." and "i don't even deserve to polish your shoes." blah blah. i was so disgusted and horrified at this point, i zoned out some and was searching for a way out of talking to him, but was afraid. he just went on and on about his life story for over 20 minutes.

i feel so sick after today and have been crying ever since it happened because i think he is a stalker. i feel scared living in my apt. too because i am all by myself. i had felt comfortable for the most part in my apt. until today. i want this person to leave me alone and don't know how to get him away from me. he parks wherever i park and it seems like he is trying to figure out my schedule because he's always outside rummaging in his car whenever i have to go somewhere. it makes me sick knowing he is on the other side of the wall. i have 4 months left on my lease too, but am scared of something worse happening in the meantime because it has been escalating since april.

PS: another scary thing about thing about this person is that i've heard him screaming/yelling at someone in his apt. he sounds like he is a violent person.

Posted by: Jocelyn0425 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:51AM

Great subject! So let me start with the why i hate my creepy neighbor before saying why he's creepy!

Well first off he leaves his poor dog outside ALL DAY!! The dogs is outside in the pouring rain, thunderstorms, snowstorms EVERYTHING. Humidity i wouldn't dare go out in! Tonight we had sleet and the dog was out in it!!! Not to mention when the do is out all it does is bark, and bark, and bark, and BARK! Then when he brings it is he ties it up in the ktichen and all the dog does is bark and bark and bark. (our kitchen window looks right into his kitchen window). So i try to be a good neighbor and confront him about this barking problem! He said hewould take care of it.... The dog i think has barked more since! So my dog had to go out at midnight... I let her out... And surprise surprise..... He was letting his out.... The second he connected the sog to the leash he started barkin, and HE LEFT HIM OUTSIDE!!!! FOR TWO HOURS BARKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! And then the guy can't understand why the police are at his door about a noise complaint! He probably woke up half the neighborhood!!! I can hear the dog in our bedroom (Front of the house second floor) when his dog is out, and it sounds like he's right there! Well now when my dogs go out to play if they bark while playing he has the nerve to tell them if he's out that they need to stop barking because their owners don't like that. However i was on my way out the door to bring them in because they wouldn't stop barking, and i herd him say that... I said difference with my dogs is i at least sto pthem from barking! You just bring your dog inside to bark!

Now why is the guy a creep! Well he had an argument with his dog about whether or not his dog could understand what he's saying.... It went something like this "Ben i don't know why i talk to you, you can't understand what i'm saying.......................... BEN DON'T LIE TO ME YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING!!!!" I don't think the guy EVER sleeps! I hear his t.v. all the time! And him talking to himself! He makes plans with his dog to watch lifetime movies (while he leashes his dog in the kitchen), AND he talks to is mailbox! I'M NOT JOKING! He daily has a conversation with his mailbox! He's a habitual liar, and talks behind peoples backs. And bad mouths me and my husbands to his dog! however then to some people we're his friends? WHAT? So when you talked to the dog we're mean and don't like you, but to your cab driver we're the best neighbors you could ask for?????? Not only that but he realized i was pregnant, and asked if we would be moving soon.... I said no why? He said because kids are bad! they're bad! you can't live here with a kid! They're bad! And just kept repeating himself! And then other days he'll be completely normal, and civilized.... Except with the dog! As we speak at 5am the dog is outside barking continuously and has been for the last hour, and police have already been there twice tonight. I seriously can not stand my creepy neighbor... And if i had the money i would move! One night at 3am he was standing out front with a broom hitting his roof with it trying to knock ice off of it! Woke me out of a sound sleep! Another time it was 9am (I was just freshly pregnant and TIRED) I woke up to him walking out his front door screaming "I'M GONNA BE A FIREMAN WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Oh he also told the mail man last week that i'm his girlfriend.... I hate the guy, i'm married, and pregnant, and remember kids are bad? this guy has some SERIOUS problems!

My husband and i have seriously wondered if the man is possesed by demons....

Posted by: Mantua Resident ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:54AM

I've got creepiest neighbor. His name is Gerry and he spends hours a day polishing his pinkie ring and masturbating in front of his shrine to Obama.

Posted by: monicab ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:59AM

A couple moved into my building about 5 months ago. They are in their 60s (?) and the man looks like Hitler but heavier. They live in the back I live in the front.

Anyway, he stares at me EVERY single time I see him. He just stands there and gives me a very unfriendly look.

This has become very threatening to me. One time he actually moved from behind the building when I took some trash out and then stood at the corner of the building as I went to my car and stood there watching me until I left.

I try not to look at him but I swear every single time he is around he is looking at me and every time i look back he is still doing so.

Its beyond just weird and annoying at this point - its very creepy and its pissing me off.

Any advice on what to do???? I want to tell him to "F" off - but I dont know anything about him and dont want to make it worse.

At least he is married (not that that makes him less dangerous if he is) but if he were alone Id be very scared.

thanks for any help

Posted by: anna ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:09AM

I live next door to a guy and he does exactly the same thing . He reminds me of the uni-bomber and his wife is just as weird. Whenever I appear, he stops dead in his tracks and just stares (I call it the "evil eye").
Over the years I learned to pretend he doesn't exist and I just ignore him. I don't think there's much else you can do until he actually does something illegal.

Posted by: Helpful Advice ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:23AM

monicab Wrote:
> A couple moved into my building about 5 months
> ago. They are in their 60s (?) and the man looks
> like Hitler but heavier. They live in the back I
> live in the front.
>
> Anyway, he stares at me EVERY single time I see
> him. He just stands there and gives me a very
> unfriendly look.
>
> This has become very threatening to me. One time
> he actually moved from behind the building when I
> took some trash out and then stood at the corner
> of the building as I went to my car and stood
> there watching me until I left.
>
> I try not to look at him but I swear every single
> time he is around he is looking at me and every
> time i look back he is still doing so.
>
> Its beyond just weird and annoying at this point -
> its very creepy and its pissing me off.
>
> Any advice on what to do???? I want to tell him to
> "F" off - but I dont know anything about him and
> dont want to make it worse.
>
> At least he is married (not that that makes him
> less dangerous if he is) but if he were alone Id
> be very scared.
>
> thanks for any help

Maybe he's staring at you because it unusual for women in this area to go topless. Consider wearing a shirt/blouse, or something else to cover your boobs.

Posted by: heather_MoM ()
Date: June 24, 2014 08:30AM

Our bedroom in the new house has a sliding glass door that leads to the back patio. It’s really convenient for when Rigby decides in the middle of the night that she needs to pee, but otherwise I don’t really care for it. Because, confession: I hate big windows when I can’t cover them up at night. The idea that (thanks to the indoor lights) I can be seen clearly from the outside by someone hidden in the darkness completely creeps me out.

Mike makes fun of me for this – he says it’s irrational, especially in this case when the window only looks onto our backyard. Our backyard is private. It’s mostly hill, so no one can look onto our patio from the back or sides. That helped calm my fear a bit. Still, it was my goal to get a curtain up over the glass door before we started sleeping in there. Not surprisingly, there were about 187 more important things the house needed, so I didn’t get a curtain or curtain rod.

We slept in our bedroom for the first time on Monday night. I woke up a zillion times, but refused to roll over and face the door because I was so convinced that William Shatner’s monster on the wing would be staring back at me. I woke up yesterday morning and no bogeymen had burst through the door, so I relaxed and jumped in the shower.

As I got out, something caught my eye. I looked toward the slider and there, to my absolute horror, was a face pressed up against the window.

I screamed louder than I have ever screamed in my life. The person outside also screamed. It was ONLY THEN that my damn stupid dog, who barks at ANTS, decided to get in on the noise-making action. The person in the backyard took off running. I turned and ran into the family room, where Mike and Annie were having a hearty “Elmo vs Abbie” discussion. He hadn’t even heard me.

Me: Someone! In the backyard! Against the window! Saw me naked! Saggy!!!

Mike: ….What?

Me: SOMEONE WAS IN THE BACKYARD BUT NOW THEY ARE IN THE FRONT SEE WHAT THEY WANT OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Still having no idea what was going on, Mike went into the front yard. I realized I needed to get dressed when Annie pointed and said, “Boobs.” Where does she learn these words?

Mike came back a few minutes later. Apparently, a husband and wife thought the house was still on the market, even though there is no for sale sign or lock box in the front of the house. Instead of, oh, I dunno, RINGING THE DOORBELL, the guy just decided to walk around the house.

Me: Did you tell him he’s scarred me for life? And that he’s an idiot?

Mike: Nah. I told him it was cool, and that there’s another house for sale up the street.

Me: You told the man who broke onto our property and saw me naked that he could live up the street?!

Mike: Um…yes. I didn’t really think it through.

Me: I’m going to be in therapy for the rest of my life!!!

I’m buying curtains tomorrow. AND a lock for the gate.
Attachments:
20110824-8dnwecx1b9gg2g2igmf18hp4qt.jpg

Posted by: Lynn ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:14AM

I have a tiny - and I mean tiny! 30" deep 8 foot - pool in my back yard. A kiddie pool. Just the perfect depth to soak up to my armpits or float on a raft. The yard is fenced in, but just a chain link, and I have Rose of Sharon planted as a privacy hedge along the fence, but as luck would have it, the ones near the back of the yard, near the pool, didn't grow very well, so there's not as much privacy as I'd like.

The guy two houses over (the yards are very narrow) is way too friendly for my taste. And I'm pretty much a hermit. I like to keep to myself. When I go outside, I want to just read my book, not chit chat with the neighbors. Especially chit chatting with an octogenarian while I'm in my bikini. It just feels wrong.

It's gotten to where I hate to go outside when he's out in the yard. I know this is my personal problem, being introverted and antisocial, but I just wish he would read the not so subtle social cues (attempt at a privacy hedge, nose in a book, back to him when possible) that I'm NOT interested in carrying on a conversation with him. Yet I don't want to be rude and say, "Look, old man... LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Last year when I had the same complaint on FB, some folks said, "Oh, he's just lonely!" He's not. He has plenty of company all the time, lives with his wife, and has lived here since the dawn of time so he knows everyone in the neighborhood. He's just too friendly.

So now it's about 90 degrees, and I'm inside sweating while my pool sits empty, and he's out there smoking a cigar. Upwind from me, of course.

Maybe I should revert back to my insecure teenage days and wear a tshirt over my bathing suit. I'm not insecure about my body any more. Just uncomfortable being looked at.

Posted by: emmy ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:54AM

aha we live in a townhouse and my neighbors deck comes out on the second floor right above our tall fence line so he can look down on us right in our backyard and he always always looks down and starts talking. Our new best friend, A large patio umbrella that we position just so for privacy. A great investment!! Too bad you're kinda a hermit because you look like you are a lot of fun to hang with!!!

Posted by: Topaz ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:55AM

Lynn Wrote:
> I have a tiny - and I mean tiny! 30" deep 8 foot -
> pool in my back yard. A kiddie pool. Just the
> perfect depth to soak up to my armpits or float on
> a raft. The yard is fenced in, but just a chain
> link, and I have Rose of Sharon planted as a
> privacy hedge along the fence, but as luck would
> have it, the ones near the back of the yard, near
> the pool, didn't grow very well, so there's not as
> much privacy as I'd like.
>
> The guy two houses over (the yards are very
> narrow) is way too friendly for my taste. And I'm
> pretty much a hermit. I like to keep to myself.
> When I go outside, I want to just read my book,
> not chit chat with the neighbors. Especially chit
> chatting with an octogenarian while I'm in my
> bikini. It just feels wrong.
>
> It's gotten to where I hate to go outside when
> he's out in the yard. I know this is my personal
> problem, being introverted and antisocial, but I
> just wish he would read the not so subtle social
> cues (attempt at a privacy hedge, nose in a book,
> back to him when possible) that I'm NOT interested
> in carrying on a conversation with him. Yet I
> don't want to be rude and say, "Look, old man...
> LEAVE ME ALONE!"
>
> Last year when I had the same complaint on FB,
> some folks said, "Oh, he's just lonely!" He's not.
> He has plenty of company all the time, lives with
> his wife, and has lived here since the dawn of
> time so he knows everyone in the neighborhood.
> He's just too friendly.
>
> So now it's about 90 degrees, and I'm inside
> sweating while my pool sits empty, and he's out
> there smoking a cigar. Upwind from me, of course.
>
> Maybe I should revert back to my insecure teenage
> days and wear a tshirt over my bathing suit. I'm
> not insecure about my body any more. Just
> uncomfortable being looked at.

He's not nearly as creepy as my neighbors, though. There's an old couple across the street from me in their 80s and the lady sits out on her porch and spies on everyone with her binoculars. It's creepy going outside to get the mail and she's staring at me through binoculars from across the street. Lol.

Posted by: lisaB1998 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 11:35AM

I've got the same situation! I have an 8' round "rotisserie chicken" pool that I can do kicks in with a board, swim a little, or float around in circles on a raft, henceforth my nickname for the pool! My soon-to-be 81 yr old neighbor (he informed me of his age today), who looks a decade younger, has ALWAYS "sneaked up on me" while I was cutting grass in a bikini top and shorts, working in my garden, on my deck, or in the pool. He would come up and hug me repeatedly even despite my protests that I was sweaty and even covered with cut grass. His yard is directly behind mine, our backyards meet at my chain-link fence. I have planted trees & shrubs, but can still feel him there. I had the luck to run into him at Wally World today, where he hugged me a little too tightly as usual! I will wear a bikini in MY yard in preferable seclusion NOT for public viewing. Not only am I WAY too uncomfortable with my body to be seen in such, he is just creepy-a nice enough guy, but definitely somewhat creepy! And he never does it it his wife has ventured out onto their deck. Sorry, you have to deal with it also.

Posted by: XTwH3 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 12:41PM

You know something creepy happend to me today....some dude from the gym somehow found out where I live, in the country and pulled up my driveway...,my kids were scared by someone coming up the driveway.....the dude is married and he is always making body comments! CREEPY

Posted by: I am the creepy neighbor guy :) ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:44PM

So the ridiculously attractive girl next door to me (who's 20x out of my league ) probably thinks I'm a creep. (Lol) For some reason, my brain fires off the most weirdest/socially awkward conversation starters known to mankind. Now, I've been off the dating scene for a while, because to make a long story short, I had 2 relationship blow up mid-flight, and I've just been like ....No. No dates, No Dinners, No Hanging out. Nothing. I'd rather be a lonely prick, than to do that again. So with that, my pick-up skills are that of a bullied, isolated, socially awkward, and ugly -13year old . Now don't worry, because I find humor in almost everything in life, so I'm sharing this real-life story in hopes that you'll get a laugh or two from my situation. So here's how it goes.

I live in Hyde Park, and I have this ridiculously gorgeous neighbor. I mean she's perfect! And from time to time we run into each other, and say a kind word or two, but lately, my brain has been firing off the most weirdest/socially awkward conversation starters known to mankind. Now I know a lot of dudes probably go through similar situations, so I'm happy I'm not alone. Then again, maybe they don't. Maybe I am alone in this (haha). But here's the story.

So the other day as I'm getting off the bus I see her ... My Neighbor... (and to keep things private, we'll just call her )Gorgeous She-Mermaid, walking towards our building, and just like any other creepy guy, I rush across the street, to say something that I think would be unique and cool to say, but in reality, it's probably some shit, I should have kept in my head. But because I'm a dumb-ass, I didn't.

So this is how it went:

Me(Smiling): Hey Gorgeous She-Mermaid

Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Smiling): Hey, how are you?

(Internal Commentary: It's Not even 2 sentences in, and I head right for her jugular with some shit that I thought would be really cool to say. " So sit back and watch b*tches, because I'm about to finish this girl." Here it goes:)

Me:

I'm actually pretty Good, did you hear about the dead guy they found on our floor?

Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Looking Confused): Wait...What? No...

(Internal Commentary: Now... A normal person who just shot themselves in the balls , would tell themselves, "Hey, STFU and walk away like it never happened." But did I? You guessed right. Of course I didn't. I decided I wanted to hit her with another finisher, because I'm not finished finishing her yet, so what did I say?)

Me: Yea , when they found him, he was green and had been decomposing in his apartment for weeks...

Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Looking Creeped Out) : Whoa...

Me: Yea the smell was absolutely awful....

_______ Awkward Pause As I Stare Directly at Her ___________

Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Walking Away): Well, I've got stuff to do...So.. see ya around?

Me (Smiling): See ya!

Now when I get into my apartment, reality set in , and the smart asshole me, The who's got his shit together, confronts the other me, who's socially awkward and says, " WHAT THE F*CK MAAAAN? DEAD BODIES ? YOU SERIOUSLY THOUGHT YOU'D CHARM HER BY TALKING ABOUT DEAD BODIES?!?.... THERE'S WAS NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT? The SUN?.....HOW HOT IT IS? HOW YOU'D LIKE TO HANG OUT? FOOD...DINNER? NONE OF THAT SHIT CAME TO MIND BRO? ALL YOU COULD THINK OF WAS GREEN DECOMPOSING BODIES? "

So after having a conversation with my other self, who I've heard women DO like. I've decided that if I want to be more efficient with getting to know Gorgeous She-Mermaid, Green Decomposing Bodies, should probably NEVER come up. Unless she's happens to a mortician,which she's NOT,because she's an Actor.

I hope you got a laugh out of this, because looking back on it, I still think it's pretty funny. But, I'll keep you posted on my Awkward Encounters, because I assure you, there's many more to come. Peace - H.M. So the ridiculously attractive girl next door to me (who's 20x out of my league ) probably thinks I'm a creep. (Lol) For some reason, my brain fires off the most weirdest/socially awkward conversation starters known to mankind. Now, I've been off the dating scene for a while, because to make a long story short, I had 2 relationship blow up mid-flight, and I've just been like ....No. No dates, No Dinners, No Hanging out. Nothing. I'd rather be a lonely prick, than to do that again. So with that, my pick-up skills are that of a bullied, isolated, socially awkward, and ugly -13year old . Now don't worry, because I find humor in almost everything in life, so I'm sharing this real-life story in hopes that you'll get a laugh or two from my situation. So here's how it goes.I live in Hyde Park, and I have this ridiculously gorgeous neighbor. I mean she's perfect! And from time to time we run into each other, and say a kind word or two, but lately, my brain has been firing off the most weirdest/socially awkward conversation starters known to mankind. Now I know a lot of dudes probably go through similar situations, so I'm happy I'm not alone. Then again, maybe they don't. Maybe I am alone in this (haha). But here's the story.So the other day as I'm getting off the bus I see her ... My Neighbor... (and to keep things private, we'll just call her )Gorgeous She-Mermaid, walking towards our building, and just like any other creepy guy, I rush across the street, to say something that I think would be unique and cool to say, but in reality, it's probably some shit, I should have kept in my head. But because I'm a dumb-ass, I didn't.So this is how it went:Me(Smiling): Hey Gorgeous She-Mermaid Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Smiling): Hey, how are you?(Internal Commentary: It's Not even 2 sentences in, and I head right for her jugular with some shit that I thought would be really cool to say. " So sit back and watch b*tches, because I'm about to finish this girl." Here it goes:)Me: I'm actually pretty Good, did you hear about the dead guy they found on our floor?Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Looking Confused): Wait...What? No...(Internal Commentary: Now... A normal person who just shot themselves in the balls , would tell themselves, "Hey, STFU and walk away like it never happened." But did I? You guessed right. Of course I didn't. I decided I wanted to hit her with another finisher, because I'm not finished finishing her yet, so what did I say?)Me: Yea , when they found him, he was green and had been decomposing in his apartment for weeks... Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Looking Creeped Out) : Whoa...Me: Yea the smell was absolutely awful.... _______ Awkward Pause As I Stare Directly at Her ___________Gorgeous She-Mermaid (Walking Away): Well, I've got stuff to do...So.. see ya around? Me (Smiling): See ya!Now when I get into my apartment, reality set in , and the smart asshole me, The who's got his shit together, confronts the other me, who's socially awkward and says, " WHAT THE F*CK MAAAAN? DEAD BODIES ? YOU SERIOUSLY THOUGHT YOU'D CHARM HER BY TALKING ABOUT DEAD BODIES?!?.... THERE'S WAS NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT? The SUN?.....HOW HOT IT IS? HOW YOU'D LIKE TO HANG OUT? FOOD...DINNER? NONE OF THAT SHIT CAME TO MIND BRO? ALL YOU COULD THINK OF WAS GREEN DECOMPOSING BODIES? " So after having a conversation with my other self, who I've heard women DO like. I've decided that if I want to be more efficient with getting to know Gorgeous She-Mermaid, Green Decomposing Bodies, should probably NEVER come up. Unless she's happens to a mortician,which she's NOT,because she's an Actor. I hope you got a laugh out of this, because looking back on it, I still think it's pretty funny. But, I'll keep you posted on my Awkward Encounters, because I assure you, there's many more to come. Peace - H.M

Posted by: FF101 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:27PM

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I had walked out to my car at about 8 a.m. to head to work. I noticed a folded up piece of paper on my windshield when I got in the car. So I reached to grab it. There I found a typewritten note that said the following (punctuation and capitalization copied exactly from the note):

"Dear XXXXX,
I have been attracted to you from the first moment I saw you. I was walking to the grocery store on a Saturday morning to get milk.

My first chance meeting with you was the snow storm. I was helping people get out of their parking spaces...and then comes this Angel of BEAUTY!!!

I did my deed, and then I gathered my courage to ask you for your phone number...and you said you had a boyfriend? I don't know if that was a nice way of letting me down or if you were involved with another man.? But if things have changed or if I can be a friend?...I was hoping you could call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX. I would like to take you out to eat and we could get to know each other better!

I'm a little shy and clumsy when I try to talk to a Beautiful woman such as yourself for the first time.Which you probably noticed. That's why I decided to write what I feel!

Stalker Neighbor [Real name omitted]
stalkerneighbor@neighbor.net"

The note struck me as a cross between sweet... and creepy. First of all, he approached me during the snowstorm? ... You mean the one in February? And four months later, you're still watching me and typed up a note to put on my car? Hmmm. Then I thought about if I remembered who this guy was. Turns out I do. I remember thinking he seemed creepy in person, so I told him I had a boyfriend (my usual line when I want a guy to go away am not interested). Little did I know, he didn't forget that conversation, even if I had.

Walking into work today, I decided to google his phone number. After all, he'd given me his cellphone and home phone numbers AND his e-mail address. A little googling got me his full name and address. Soon, I used that info to see if he had a criminal record, something a female cop once told me to do if I ever thought a guy pursuing me was weird, just to see what I'm dealing with.

Oh boy. I didn't expect what came next. Sometimes, information is power, and other times, it can scare the hell out of you. Turns out Stalker Neighbor has been charged in the past few years with stalking, assault, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct, trespassing, possession of a deadly weapon, and a peace/restraining order had been issued against him a couple years back.

Whoa. Mind you, he lives like a block from me, and I think I can be pretty sure he's been watching me. Sigh.

I phoned Prince Charming, who when he isn't saving the day for me, is a police officer by profession. He wanted to go knock on dude's door.

But I couldn't let him do that. That could turn out really, really badly.

Instead, I okayed PC calling him. PC told SN over the phone that he was my boyfriend and that while I appreciated the flattery, I wasn't interested. He said SN took it well, said he understood and respected that.

Let's hope so. Meanwhile, I think I'll go buy some pepper spray.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: June 25, 2014 02:27PM

I live down the street from a weird dude. He walks around the street late at night and never wears a shirt. As in, never.

Fast-forward to last night. I took my dog on a walk around 7:00pm and walked by the neighbor. He said hello. As I approached my house a half-hour later, I saw him walk into my driveway from a distance. When I made it to my house, he was standing by one of the windows (it looked like he was peering in, but I'm not sure), turned around, and spat out some rushed explanation about moving my trash can for me. He then walked off hurriedly. Sure enough, he moved my trash can directly behind my car.

Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: June 25, 2014 02:35PM

rob Wrote:
> I live down the street from a weird dude. He walks
> around the street late at night and never wears a
> shirt. As in, never.
>
> About a year ago, I heard some glass break out
> front late at night and saw somebody wandering
> around from my window. Went outside to investigate
> (maybe not the smartest idea, in general). Weird
> neighbor guy was outside and acted, well, weird.
> He said he hadn't heard anything (sure, buddy) and
> introduced himself. A strange interaction, but I
> mostly forgot about it.
>
> Fast-forward to a couple weeks ago. I'm getting
> ready for bed (11:30pm) and look out the living
> room window - somebody is standing on the sidewalk
> and looking at my house and the next door
> neighbor's (recently foreclosed). I watched from a
> different window as he paced back and forth in
> front of our houses. I called the police in case
> the next door house was about to be burglarized.
> They drove the neighborhood, found the guy, and
> let me know it was the creepy neighbor. Great.
>
> Fast-forward to last night. I took my dog on a
> walk around 7:00pm and walked by the neighbor. He
> said hello. As I approached my house a half-hour
> later, I saw him walk into my driveway from a
> distance. When I made it to my house, he was
> standing by one of the windows (it looked like he
> was peering in, but I'm not sure), turned around,
> and spat out some rushed explanation about moving
> my trash can for me. He then walked off hurriedly.
> Sure enough, he moved my trash can directly behind
> my car.
>
> So, I'm sufficiently creeped out. Don't know
> whether to go have a chat with the guy or leave
> this alone. What recourse do i have if he keeps,
> well, being a creeper? Should I ignore the guy?
> How would you handle it?

Document everything, with details, dates and times. Keep records. Call the business line at the Police Station and ask them what to do. I had a neighbor like that 20 years ago and after several years her family was finally able to get her committed where she couldn't escape. (She would get 5150'd and escape, sometimes walking 35 miles from the mental hospital to her home.) She was a sweet lady but schizophrenic, did weird things like you described, and could turn violent at the drop of a hat for no reason. This is a serious situation and you'll have to stay on it.

There are hundreds and thousands of people like that nowadays and the police deal with it a lot. Ask their advice and don't take vague explanations. What we learned was that family and neighbors have fewer rights than the person themselves does. But eventually something can get done. Hopefully your situation will be different. Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry you're going through this.

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.