HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is Alliance Worldwide of Vienna a legit business or not?
Posted by: curious job seeker ()
Date: September 05, 2013 07:56PM

Anyone worked with them/know about them? I'm interviewing with them and I can't tell if it is a scam. I know their president Rob Fiorianti ran a business in Baton Rouge, I don't know if this is a continuation of that business.
http://allianceworldwidedc.com/

I've seen some negative reviews, but IDK if they are just from a few disgruntles

The reviews I found on Glassdoor include:

---------------------------------------------------------------
The whole interview process is very dishonest. They post on college recruiting sites claiming to be a great upcoming marketing company. The sales job appears to be a great entry level opportunity in B2B sales. The "president" of the company previously ran The Alliance Group in Baton Rouge before closing shop and relocating to Virginia.

The first interview in their Vienna headquarters is very quick and unprofessional. Very unspecific. They appear to only be interested in someone who can talk and walk at the same time, the president (who conducted the interview) didn't even address my previous experience. After about 20 minutes, they schedule you for an all day "shadow experience" where you will supposedly learn the business from a top sales rep by following them around all day.

The whole interview process was a waste of my time. Very unprofessional, and the way they advertise themselves on job recruiting websites is very dishonest in my opinion.

Before interviewing with them, I suggest you Google search "alliance group baton rouge scam". Check out the Ripoff Report links.

The people I spoke with at the interview were very nice. The company does not appear to engage in any technically illegal practices, they just promote themselves to recent grads in a very dishonest manner.

If you are a recent grad looking to enter into the actual marketing industry, I suggest saving your time and seeking employment with a reputable organization that will benefit your career later down the line.
Door to door sales.
Manager is degrading to employees.
Multi-level Marketing/ Pyramid Scheme.

Recently changed their name from The Alliance Group located in Baton Rouge, LA to Alliance Worldwide to hide from bad reviews and people learning the truth.

Uses deceptive tactics to get college kids interested in jobs that are useless and hasve misleading job titles.

Extremely predatory towards recent college graduates.
The cons heavily outweigh the pros. THIS JOB IS 100% COMMISSION. During the interview process, the manager and trainers flash these big numbers at you and tell you that you will be earning 80 - 100K after working there for a year. What they don't tell you is that you will be paying $100 - $140 per week in gas and that you will be making about $300 per week, netting about $160 - $200 per week. The company has reached a maturation in its growth cycle, and manager boasts heavily about how successful it has been. Territories have been worked before, and you will face lots of rejection because, well, lets face it, you are selling office supplies. Fine print in contract states that if you quit you will forfeit any web bonuses or training bonuses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Alliance Worldwide of Vienna a legit business or not?
Posted by: don't waste your time ()
Date: September 05, 2013 08:36PM

This is another Vector, Cutco, Zerin, that kind of thing.

If you are bored, go waste their time, ask a million questions, try to get them to admit to something shady.

Then, report them to Fairfax County-Fairfax loves to investigate, they have a consumer department.

Posted by: curious job seeker ()
Date: September 05, 2013 09:31PM

hmmm thanks

is there any way to research who their affiliate company is? like, I know Zerin just subcontracts out door to door Verizon FiOS sales...

Posted by: it will change often ()
Date: September 05, 2013 09:34PM

Sometimes these companies park you at Home Depot, trying to get you to sell installation of what they sell there.

Speaking of Home Depot-they are hiring now. The place has many negatives but it is respected and a real job, unlike these con man companies.

Posted by: the job seeker ()
Date: September 05, 2013 10:44PM

Haha well I think people interested in Alliance won't be looking at Home Depot. They advertise the job as if it's some great entry level position for recent business graduates...

Posted by: real job vs. scam ()
Date: September 06, 2013 10:30AM

Well Home Depot, it is a real job with a real company, whatever else you might say about it.

Alliance on the other hand, lies. It is not a great entry level job for recent business graduates.

If a recent business graduate can't find another job, Home Depot is the better choice. Alliance won't pay anything, will cost you a lot of money driving around, put you through a lot of grief going door to door or standing around some parking lot, and, when you finally leave (and you will), do you even put it on your resume?

You'll have to work out if it makes more sense to put it on and have other employers laugh at you, or leave it out and then have a gap. No shame in saying "I've done well at Home Depot, but now I'd like to move on to a bigger challenge" as opposed to "got scammed by Alliance, am in debt from medical bills from when I got pneumonia, and they never paid me, please hire me."

Posted by: verytrue ()
Date: September 06, 2013 12:55PM

yeah, I guess working hard at an honest, reputable business is better than something you can't even put on your resume.

To be fair, I don't know that alliance is a scam in the legal sense.

Posted by: rojrjoj3odj3mdp3m ()
Date: September 06, 2013 10:11PM

Just looked through the reviews of their previous business in Baton Rouge, it seems very shady to say the least. I don't think I'm gonna do it.

Posted by: Recent Biz Graduate ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:10AM

I interviewed with Alliance Worldwide a few weeks ago. They are very friendly when you meet them, you can tell there is high energy in the office. I enjoyed sitting down with the president and him explaining the position, and I really liked the shadow option for a second round interview. I just graduated and did not really know what I was looking for with a job. The young lady that I shadowed was very friendly as well. During lunch she explained the growth opportunity, she mentioned "you get out what you put in" and that the management team is willing to invest in the individuals who work hard and have a desire to learn. Their client is Staples not Home Depot, they don't have you stand in a retail store, you get to visit businesses. When I was on my second interview the girl signed up an Embassy! I personally really enjoyed the interviewing process, everyone has their own opinions I guess, just like companies have their opinions of us. I wasn't offered a position with the company and am still currently looking for a job.

Posted by: the real story ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:19AM

I have no ambition in lifr and barely made it through high school. I interviewed with Alliance Worldwide a few weeks ago. They are very friendly when you meet them, even though you can tell there is a really low IQ in the office. I enjoyed sitting down with the president and him bullshitting with me about the position, and I really liked the bowls of Blue Velvet weed we smoked in his office.

I just graduated and did not really know what I was looking for with a job. The young lady that I shadowed was really friendly as well. During lunch she explained the growth opportunity, she mentioned "you get out what you put in" and with that, we went out to her car and fucked. She let me blow my load inside her even though she isn't on the pill.

Their client is Staples not Home Depot, they don't have you stand in a retail store, you get to visit businesses all day long, burning up a tank of gas at your own expense. When I was on my second interview the girl bullshitted som dumbass third world embassy into signing up! I personally really enjoyed the interviewing process.

I'm naive and gullible so I was really was impressed by this shady outfit. Everyone has their own opinions I guess, just like companies have their opinions of us. I wasn't offered a position because they realized I am nothing but a weed-smoking, STD infected loser and am still currently looking for a job.

Posted by: Gabrielle ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:21AM

LOL fucking classic FFXU response

Posted by: Sum Ting Wong ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:44AM

I have no ambition in lifr and barely made it through high school. I interviewed with Alliance Worldwide a few weeks ago. They are very friendly when you meet them, even though you can tell there is a really low IQ in the office. I enjoyed sitting down with the president and him bullshitting with me about the position, and I really liked the bowls of Blue Velvet weed we smoked in his office.

I just graduated and did not really know what I was looking for with a job. The young lady that I shadowed was really friendly as well. During lunch she explained the growth opportunity, she mentioned "you get out what you put in" and with that, we went out to her car and fucked. She let me blow my load inside her even though she isn't on the pill.

Their client is Staples not Home Depot, they don't have you stand in a retail store, you get to visit businesses all day long, burning up a tank of gas at your own expense. When I was on my second interview the girl bullshitted som dumbass third world embassy into signing up! I personally really enjoyed the interviewing process.

I'm naive and gullible so I was really was impressed by this shady outfit. Everyone has their own opinions I guess, just like companies have their opinions of us. I wasn't offered a position because they realized I am nothing but a weed-smoking, STD infected loser and am still currently looking for a job.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Probably much closer to the truth. Ha ha!

Posted by: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ()
Date: September 12, 2013 12:40AM

lol maybe...

I'm sure their HR didn't write that positive review above...

Posted by: Ex Employee ()
Date: May 07, 2014 06:10PM

I was an employee of Alliance Worldwide and was a member of the HR team for 8 months as an unpaid intern until the start of February when I started getting paid. Let me give you all the low down on this business. IF YOU LIKE NOT GETTING PAID AND NOT SLEEPING GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE JOB!!!! You have to get in the office by 8 am, which means for most people that take the time to prepare. This means you wake up around 6 am then make the grueling commute through NOVA/DC traffic, to get there. You spend 2 hours every day playing games and teambuilding getting advice on how not to fuck up the pitch and how to sign up potential customers. Of course, what they dont tell you is that unless you can actually find people that want to buy their shit products and that you have to pay for your own transportation to and from the territories they give you (which are usually about like 20-30 minutes from their Vienna office), you get to make 28% commission and the opportunity for bonuses and thats it. There is no guarantee of making any money, and there are ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING BENEFITS. YOU GET SICK, SUCKS TO BE YOU PAY OUT OF POCKET, YOU GET HIT IN THE JAW AND NEED A ROOT CANAL, WELL BETTER LEARN HOW TO BE A DENTIST CAUSE YOU GOT NO INSURANCE. And after a nice long day of walking business to business doing the equivalent of door to door sales in a suit and tie during the hot months of the year, you have to get back to the office by 530 and stay there for an additional hour to chew the fat and talk about how the day went then play stupid games until around 630 or 7 to finally start heading home through more grueling commuting to your home, getting back at around 8 or 9. And after all that hard work and blowing large sums of money on just doing your job, you get to wake up bright and early the next day to do it all over again. That is the job they are trying to fill, and as an HR rep, you have to call up basically at least 70-90 people a day and feed them the same bullshit pitch all day long telling lies to these people who are just looking for a good job with stable pay lies about how its a salary based position and that there is rapid room for growth. The only thing that is growing at Alliance Worldwide is their employee turnover ratio. Since I started working at Alliance Worldwide in the end of August 2013, I have seen over 150 different employees come and go, with an average job life cycle of about 2 months. And of course, trying to get paid is its own nightmare. I worked for 4 months under wage employment (and might I add very shitty wage employment), and earned about 1800 before taxes over 4 months. I received two checks on time for the first couple pay periods, but thats when the bullshit started. The hiring manager, Robert Fiorianti, is a narcissitic asshole who will make any excuse to be able to delay paying you. Ranging anywhere from oh I left the check in my other car to it hasn't arrived yet to my accountant thought you had left employment at Alliance Worldwide. The best part, he still owes me 650 dollars after taxes, and when I confronted him about it he said that they are merging with a different office and that they have their own HR staff there and will no longer need my services. So if you like being shafted by a collapsing pyramid scheme, please give them a call, but if you have a couple of functioning brain cells left in your skull, run like fucking hell and if you ever get a call from Alliance Worldwide, tell them to fuck off.

Posted by: sincerely ()
Date: May 20, 2014 08:34AM

I can tell you that review was placed by an employee of the company. Know how?

THEY OFFER EVERYONE A JOB!!!

Posted by: Come talk to me in Person ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:29AM

It’s really unfortunate that former employees have negative reviews. I sure wish people would just come talk person to person and communicate in much better ways than write negative things. It’s really unfortunate that former employees who have not performed had to be let go after several performance reviews and are understandably mad about the situation. We have always been professional with every employee even those who have a negative out take on things. A number of these past employees have used the company as a positive reference in applying for new positions we have received a few phone calls from the past few post on this board especially the last second to last post. If the former employees would like to sit down like adults and communicate properly instead of writing we do encourage this. Our door is always open. We have helped several past employees actually land new positions. We respect every person that has worked for our company even if they are angry about their performance reviews. We have high standards and we do not settle for second place we encourage an atmosphere that encourages to be you and to learn and be challenged if someone does not like to learn, grow, and be challenged this unfortunately is not write for you. I would challenge anyone to come to our company and ask our employees how much they love working here, how much they knowledge they have learned about business, how many new skill sets they have learned. We would not be able to work with companies that have major names in the telecom world, office supply industry software industry. If any of these former employees accusations were true we would not be able to work with clients such as these and represent them for over 3 years and counting. As for the last post it’s kind of funny he shook my hand three days ago at a business in Tysons Corner right off of Boone road. I wished him well and gave his current manager a good overview of his talents and skills. He never said a word to me about writing a bad review. As I previously stated I have an open door and wish anyone to talk with our employees past or present and see how they review the company. I will take a quote from Mark Cuban “If you own a business long enough for someone to write something bad about you then you’re doing something right. If nobody is writing about you then that means you have gone out of business."

Posted by: Prestige Worldwide! ()
Date: June 27, 2014 11:50AM

Boats 'n Hoes!
Attachments:
boatsnhoes.jpg

Posted by: V3nXT ()
Date: June 27, 2014 08:45PM

if they gave you $200 on top of commission they' dbe one of the only HONEST marketers in the area

--------------------

monster jobs .com

is full of agencies asking for people to PAY (ie, training or materials) to work commission only jobs with no base pay

no duh it's a scam "we call it a job at monster"

they didn't lie and it's your legal responsibility to hold on to your money tightly

did you know that ? yes it's a legal responsibility

Posted by: 9pDtk ()
Date: June 27, 2014 08:49PM

you have to have lost a significant ammount of money (ow, 2k or moderly really 20k)

YOU CAN'T CLAIM LOST TIME you volunteered for unless they lied in their contract of your work maybe - which i doubt they did

for the court to make an exception and use the towns money to recover money you lost (in this case, $0) due to a scam, it must be an ammount that would cripple you and be worth usign the towns resources to spend to go get back.

(assuming you have no clean evidence and aren't in small claims with the guy present)

Posted by: vxePD ()
Date: June 27, 2014 08:52PM

i doubt most of them have a business license according to VA and FX endless rules , maybe a permit to operate at best , for such agencies

i'm not sure any business in the area does if you shake them down to all the code

it's your job to check a business's legitimacy before you buy or work with them

Posted by: Snake Oil ()
Date: June 29, 2014 05:51PM

Come talk to me in Person,

I notice that you didn't answer ANY of the complaint's actual points.

Do you offer health benefits, yes or no?

Is Alliance door to door sales, yes or no?

Did you close up shop from your LA location once it started failing and people caught wind of what you were doing, yes or no?

Is the Job 100% commission, yes or no?

You claim you work with major companies. Are you just a Cydcor affiliate (or something similar), yes or no?

Companies like this can be set up by any idiot. They're just affiliates. I'm sure you're perfectly familiar with 1919 Inc and the garbage they pull.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/1919-Inc/Rockville-Maryland-20850/1919-Inc-Red-F-Inc-Suspicious-Sneaky-Untrustworthy-for-good-reason-Rockville-Mar-832436

Business ethics will always catch up to you. If you take advantage of gullible college grads trying to make a quick buck, instead of finding honest work, you'll only succeed in the short term.

Posted by: Integrity ()
Date: July 03, 2014 02:42PM

I have worked there in the past and have the upmost respect for Rob he gave me great skills to be able to sell, understand business enough to start my own, and learn about how people need to be challenged to achieve success. I have one thing to say to anyone on this site if you have any integrity and enough internal fortitude to write here than why would you not express your feelings in person. In case anyone is wondering the company was actually in the running for best place to work in Northern Virginia by Northern Virginia magazine. I guess this is a site of crabs in a bucket. Well I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions but my experience was extremely positive I worked there for 8 months.

Posted by: Grammatical Integrity ()
Date: July 03, 2014 07:35PM

Integrity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have worked there in the past and have the
> upmost respect for Rob he gave me great skills to
> be able to sell, understand business enough to
> start my own, and learn about how people need to
> be challenged to achieve success. I have one
> thing to say to anyone on this site if you have
> any integrity and enough internal fortitude to
> write here than why would you not express your
> feelings in person. In case anyone is wondering
> the company was actually in the running for best
> place to work in Northern Virginia by Northern
> Virginia magazine. I guess this is a site of
> crabs in a bucket. Well I think everyone is
> entitled to their own opinions but my experience
> was extremely positive I worked there for 8
> months.

Perhaps you will learn how to punctuate sentences at your next job.

Posted by: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ()
Date: July 06, 2014 08:23PM

>I have worked there in the past and have the upmost respect for Rob he gave me great skills to be able to sell, understand business enough to start my own, and learn about how people need to be challenged to achieve success. I have one thing to say to anyone on this site if you have any integrity and enough internal fortitude to write here than why would you not express your feelings in person. In case anyone is wondering the company was actually in the running for best place to work in Northern Virginia by Northern Virginia magazine. I guess this is a site of crabs in a bucket. Well I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions but my experience was extremely positive I worked there for 8 months.

Well, are the criticisms true? Is it door to door sales with no benefits? Yes or no?

And why did you only last 8 months? That's pretty terrible employee retention.

And "Best Place to Work" awards are worthless, any company can be nominated for them.

Posted by: GURU ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:42PM

HMMMMMMMMM I think your opinion is worthless former intern. You should be happy to have gained the skills and a coach that actually told you to stop using your tie to wipe your sweat off your forehead. That is one example of what a mentor does. Remember always know what you learned and from who. You would never have the position you have now with out a lot of coaching and honesty. Hope you do well I will be the bigger person here and take the high road. I hope you get everything you work for. As far as terrible retention ask your current job what there retention is.

Posted by: haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ()
Date: August 24, 2014 12:57PM

>HMMMMMMMMM I think your opinion is worthless former intern. You should be happy to have gained the skills and a coach that actually told you to stop using your tie to wipe your sweat off your forehead. That is one example of what a mentor does. Remember always know what you learned and from who. You would never have the position you have now with out a lot of coaching and honesty. Hope you do well I will be the bigger person here and take the high road. I hope you get everything you work for. As far as terrible retention ask your current job what there retention is.

Are you REALLY on a random forum calling people "worthless former interns"? And then you wonder why people are insulting your company?

Posted by: Former employee ()
Date: February 02, 2016 12:16PM

So this former employee would like to let you know that even if it was supposed to be free advice, you made a verbal contract and then a written one that I would be paid every week on time and for the amount. As for skills, do you seriously mean to tell me that calling people on the phone, bullshitting them into the job, and then lying to them about the benefits and pay is skills.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.