HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Condo neighbor playing loud music all night.
Posted by: No sleep makes jack a dull ()
Date: August 24, 2013 07:40AM

Just started renting a condo. The neighbor is playing lousy music beginning at 1AM until about 5AM. I'm pretty sure he's smoking crack or meth as well, since I can easily smell it from my apartment (and from the entrance to the floor too)

I've talked to him and I have been civil and polite but he just says "ya I'll turn it down" followed by a roll of his eyes and laughter. But still no change in behavior.

I've talked to the security guard at
The front desk, who flatly refuses to go "to that unit" with a
It's as if he was afraid to talk to this tenant for some reason.

My landlord is a chink and doesn't seem to understand the English language, let alone the situation.

What are my options here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Condo neighbor playing loud music all night.
Posted by: Not a lawyer ()
Date: August 24, 2013 08:06AM

Call the police.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: August 24, 2013 08:43AM

Not a lawyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Call the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfBxxwZy9J4

Posted by: Helper ()
Date: August 24, 2013 08:57AM

Buy a burner phone...

1) Have huge take out orders delivered to his place.
2) Order several transsexual prostitutes to his place.
3) Call 911 and report an active shooter at his place.

After #3, destroy burner phone in a million pieces.

Posted by: McLovin ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:01AM

Duct tape a subwoofer to your ceiling, play something with a steady bass beat from the time you get up until you come home from work. You know, when the unemployed meth user is trying to sleep.

If that doesn't work, load up on renter's insurance, remove all treasured belongings and burn that fucker down.

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:28AM

Posted by: Roll up another fatty ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:29AM

No sleep makes jack a dull Wrote:
> Just started renting a condo. The neighbor is
> playing lousy music beginning at 1AM until about
> 5AM. I'm pretty sure he's smoking crack or meth as
> well, since I can easily smell it from my
> apartment (and from the entrance to the floor
> too)
>
> I've talked to him and I have been civil and
> polite but he just says "ya I'll turn it down"
> followed by a roll of his eyes and laughter. But
> still no change in behavior.
>
> I've talked to the security guard at
> The front desk, who flatly refuses to go "to that
> unit" with a
> It's as if he was afraid to talk to this tenant
> for some reason.
>
> My landlord is a chink and doesn't seem to
> understand the English language, let alone the
> situation.
>
>
> What are my options here?

People that smoke crack or meth don't live in condos very long before they are booted out for lack of payment. ALSO

They don't have stereo(good or bad) because it has been sold to buy drugs.

I think your boy is smoking some good weed and is playing you like the fool that you are.

Why not go over to his place and smoke up a nice big fatty with him.

Posted by: Skinny tired ()
Date: August 24, 2013 10:25AM

No it's crack. I know what it smells like and I know what people look like who are on it. It's crack. He smokes pot too but I don't care about that.

The reason I don't go roll a fatty with him is because its in the middle of the night and I work for a living. He's just a piece of shit Obama boy and lives on whatever he makes from the whores he turns around.

Posted by: You lost ()
Date: August 24, 2013 10:36AM

"He's just a piece of shit Obama boy"

Unless you want to be charged with a hate crime you better just get used to the loud music.

Posted by: Meg Griffin's Boyfriend ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:17AM

Call Code Compliance. They get merit pay if they can get people convicted.

In the meantime, sign him up for thousands of magazines. Go to the newsstand at Barnes and Noble. Take the magazine subscription cards. Fill them out in his name and address. It will also be amusing to see what the mailman does.

Don't just sign up for magazines, sign up for the book of the month, CD of the month, my little pony of the month, all of that too.

Posted by: gaaaaay! ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:41AM

In the meantime, sign him up for thousands of magazines. Go to the newsstand at Barnes and Noble. Take the magazine subscription cards. Fill them out in his name and address. It will also be amusing to see what the mailman does.

Don't just sign up for magazines, sign up for the book of the month, CD of the month, my little pony of the month, all of that too.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GAAAAAYYY!!!!! If you get invoices for magazines or clubs and ignore them, they go away after a few reminders with absolutely no affect on your credit rating. All that will do is give him some reading material.

Posted by: Bangin' Lois Griffin ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:47AM

The idea isn't to wreck credit ratings but to annoy. Who the hell wants to get 20 copies of Good Housekeeping, Poodle Illustrated or Modern Particle Physics?

And, you can always sign them up for things like the NAMBLA, Church of Scientology, Hare Krishnas, White Supremacy and so on.

Posted by: Sucking Quagmire's penis ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:49AM

Hey now, I happen to subscribe to MOrdern Particle Physics and like it very much.

Posted by: Herman the Pervert ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:55AM

At Christmas time, the magazine cards have ways to send gift subscriptions.

Have your neighbor not only subscribe but also send gift subscriptions to all kinds of people. Like your county supervisor and anyone else you don't like.

Posted by: Gated driveway ()
Date: August 24, 2013 12:33PM

If you have to live in a condo or a townhouse you have clearly failed at life. Just try to ignore the music and maybe it will motivate you to get the education you need to make a decent living. Never live on less than 5 acres of land if you want peace and quiet.

Posted by: I Don't Think So ()
Date: August 24, 2013 02:51PM

Gated driveway Wrote:
> If you have to live in a condo or a townhouse you
> have clearly failed at life. Just try to ignore
> the music and maybe it will motivate you to get
> the education you need to make a decent living.
> Never live on less than 5 acres of land if you
> want peace and quiet.

Five acres isn't enough. Ask me how I know.

BTW, you're an ass.

Posted by: Dirty Deeds ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:47PM

Posted by: arsonist ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:51PM

Just fucking burn the place to the ground. Hopefully he'll die in the blaze.

Posted by: I resent that comment! ()
Date: August 24, 2013 06:57PM

I worked hard to own my many acres of land.

I did live in a roach motel once in college. I said never again!

Sweet Lord Jesus if that did not motivate me to move up and out.

I say you should sign the crack head up for every service known to man to come to his place while you are at work.

Carpet cleaners. Your local Priest. Pest control. ADT. Just the companies that call you and annoy you.

Good luck!

Posted by: monkey madness ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:13PM

He may or may not turn down the music no matter what you try. I do know how to get revenge and that is to wake up at 5am and make as much noise as possible. He wants to mess with you then you mess with him.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:45PM

What's the real job description of that security guard? Keeping tenants quiet is probably not part of it. He's probably just there to prevent vandalism or keep the condo association from getting sued.

I like the idea of a burner phone calling in an active shooter. It gives the cops probable cause to enter the unit and find the drugs.

I wouldn't mess with a crackhead directly. You have a job, responsibilities... shit like that. He could easily spend all his waking hours making your life miserable if provoked.

Posted by: really? ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:46PM

single family, townhouse, 5 acre clifton mcmanison, or a condo....doesnt matter. if a neighbor is making excessive noise - loud music - at 3 am, call the fucking police you dim wit. county/city cops are used to this, since there's dozens of high schools and several colleges w/i county limits, that means parties, which mean noise, which means neighbors call the cops. if wannabe neighbor is in fact a crack head, and he's all cracked up when playing crap at 3 am, that'll give the couple coppers a little entertainment when they knock on his door telling him to turn it down. shit, who knows, he may run a meth lab and get hauled to the slammer that night, never to return. problem solved!

Posted by: fuck u cunt ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:56PM

Crack doesnt really smell and def not enough for you to smell it an adjacent apt you lying sack of shit.

Re: Condo neighbor playing loud music
Posted by: louderthanhell ()
Date: August 25, 2013 12:42AM

Your problem with the neighbor's music does not seem as bad as the guy on the other thread who had bedbugs coming from his neighbor's place...

...unless the music was the Dave Matthews Band. That would be worse than bedbugs.

Re: Condo neighbor playing loud music all night.- call Ken Cuccinelli
Posted by: Suggestion ()
Date: August 25, 2013 11:47AM

He needs some cash anyway, so he can pay back the "gift" received. Unrung that bell, Mr. Cuccinelli.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/cuccinelli-on-gifts-he-received-there-are-some

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: August 25, 2013 12:27PM

Call the Po-Po, that's their job.

See FFX County noise violations at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/code/noise/ or the listing below starting with radios. Your boy is definitely in violation.

In general, people may not make loud, unnecessary noises. County rules determine the maximum amount of noise allowed, and the rules prohibit the following kinds of noises during certain hours:

Barking Dogs

Animals may not frequently howl, bark, meow, squawk or make noises that can be heard across property boundaries or through common walls within a building.

For complaints, contact the Police Department non-emergency number, 703-691-2131, TTY 711.

Construction Activity

Construction or demolition equipment may not be used outside between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m., and they may not be used before 9 a.m. on Sundays and federal holidays.

For more information, call the Department of Code Compliance, 703-324-1300, TTY 711, or read the county’s Noise Ordinance (Chapter 108).
Electronics / Musical Instruments

Radios, TVs, musical instruments, loudspeakers, or any other sound amplification devices may not be used between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. if they can be heard:

Across property boundaries
Through common walls within a building
At 50 feet from a car parked on a public right-of-way or in a public place

For more information, call the Department of Code Compliance, 703-324-1300, TTY 711, or read the county’s Noise Ordinance (Chapter 108).
Trash Collection

Trash or recycling may not be picked up in residential neighborhoods between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.

For complaints, contact Solid Waste Management, Department of Public Works and Environmental Services, 703-324-5230, TTY 711. If possible, note descriptive information about the truck, such as color, truck number, license plate number, etc.
Vehicles

Cars may not be repaired outside between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m., and trucks may not be loaded or unloaded outside within 100 yards of a home between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.

Yardwork

Lawn mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws and other power tools or equipment may not be used between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m.

Posted by: asdfasdfasdfafsd ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:05PM

McLovin Wrote:
> Duct tape a subwoofer to your ceiling, play
> something with a steady bass beat from the time
> you get up until you come home from work. You
> know, when the unemployed meth user is trying to
> sleep.
>
> If that doesn't work, load up on renter's
> insurance, remove all treasured belongings and
> burn that fucker down.

Meth users don't usually sleep for days/weeks at a time...BUT they are very, very paranoid and are sometimes prone to hallucinations. Take this idea, but use ghost and haunting sounds.

Posted by: Mr. Mike ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:18PM

Whats the name of the condo neighborhood?

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:25PM

YOU FUCKING FACIST.

call the police "they have weapons". if they refuse to comply taze them hope they die. sue them take their home.

YOU FUCKING FACIST.

btw. by British or Austrailian law you wouldn't even be allowed to complain. they don't take complaints from the dainty over their over something small like sound or smell.

they don't do "scoff laws" over they just to harass people. people are free to do as they will on their land.

btw: Sweet Lord Jesus didn't tell you to get a government job, stuff money in your pockets and do backdoor land deals, and to harass people with law while good people waiting in line for work are fucked over by courts

Nope. i just asked him. sweet lord Jesus didn't say that.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:33PM

use ear plugs. he'll burn out or get arrested sooner or later.

VA is very strict when it comes to working people and school children and anythign interfering with strict compliance to those.

but VA also used to dissallow work on sundays. that's out the window.

I'm saying FACIST to people telling you to have police arrest him and to have courts file charges. that's the last ditch thing to do. not the first to do out of revenge. those people make me sick.

there are 100 ways to solve it without false charges and weapons. leave it to facists democrats to be unable to think of one fricking way

Posted by: Jesus Says... ()
Date: August 28, 2013 09:49PM

svennestle Wrote:
> YOU FUCKING FACIST.
>
> call the police "they have weapons". if they
> refuse to comply taze them hope they die. sue
> them take their home.
>
> YOU FUCKING FACIST.
>
> btw. by British or Austrailian law you wouldn't
> even be allowed to complain. they don't take
> complaints from the dainty over their over
> something small like sound or smell.
>
> they don't do "scoff laws" over they just to
> harass people. people are free to do as they will
> on their land.
>
> btw: Sweet Lord Jesus didn't tell you to get a
> government job, stuff money in your pockets and do
> backdoor land deals, and to harass people with law
> while good people waiting in line for work are
> fucked over by courts
>
> Nope. i just asked him. sweet lord Jesus didn't
> say that.

Get back on your meds.
Attachments:
jesus facepalm.jpg

Posted by: Hmm.. ()
Date: August 28, 2013 09:59PM

Hello 911: I am worried about my neighbor. I think I smell smoke coming from his apartment.

Do this around 2:30AM.

Good luck!

Posted by: Looper ()
Date: August 30, 2013 01:28AM

Why all the passive aggressive BS? Sign up for magazines? Get an education?? Only FFX people would respond like this..

Any how, real talk...some lazy POS like this could be there for a while. Obama boy is pretty accurate because he can get his groceries paid for, sit and collect unemployment, get housing aid etc. for a loooong time. Also, even if he just sat and decided not to pay a dime in rent, it takes a long time and is a real pain to get someone evicted.

It's probably crack that he is smoking, because as someone else said, Meth would have him up for 2-3 straight partying non stop until he is out of drugs or just exhausted and then he would probably sleep and be quiet for a day or two after. Either way, it doesn't matter..you are concerned with the noise.

I had a neighbor like this once and if it is a Condo, then get a hold of their land lord's name and number from the front desk. Start off nice with friendly warnings, but if it does not stop then call the landlord every time this fool wakes you. Since you are a renter, then you will need to get your landlord involved at least enough to get the info you need from the HOA to get in touch with the owner of that unit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
dvY9c
This forum powered by Phorum.