HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Terrorism DVD
Posted by: what is it ()
Date: October 26, 2008 08:38AM

Did anybody get a DVD in the mail about terrorism?
I have been hearing about it but did not recieve one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terrorism DVD
Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 09:33AM

Yes. DVD appears to give a balanced view of terrorist activities as a part of radical Islam. The disk makes clear that most Muslims are law abiding. It's scary, however, that if only 10 to 15 percent of Muslims are radical, considering there are a billion Muslims in the world.

Posted by: what is this ()
Date: October 26, 2008 10:09AM

Who put this thing out there?
Do you know if I can view this online somewhere?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 26, 2008 10:40AM

I got it but haven't played it. I thought it was entertaining that it says it won awards back in 2005 or something, but the disc is a "special one-hour preview edition." Isn't the movie done in 2008 if it won an award in 2005?

Date: October 26, 2008 10:55AM

I got the disk and threw it in the trash. If 10 to 15 percent of Muslims were radical, that would mean 100 million to 150 million. If that were the case, wouldn't you see a hell of a lot more terrorist attacks than you actually do?

The fact is that Al Qaeda is a death cult. It is not some sort of "Islamo-Fascism" political movement. It is a group that preys on the gullible. It is a dead end, and I believe more and more Muslims realize it.

Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:29AM

I was wondering about this myself. I did not watch it, but here is a link to an article in today's Washington Post with more information:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/25/AR2008102502092.html?hpid=topnews

Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:55PM

Yeah I was kind of freaked out about it. Thought maybe Spunky had sent it to me with a feature at running into one oft he 9/11 terrorists at POPEYES ordering a 4 piece.

Posted by: what is this ()
Date: October 26, 2008 05:44PM

I am over trying to understand the religion.
I do not care if it's a religion of PEACE.....LOL YEAH right!
Sometimes I think we should make those countries BLACK GLASS
and take the oil.
Funny that it was sent to all those swing states.

Posted by: xFtwv ()
Date: October 26, 2008 08:34PM

Posted by: Please, watch it ()
Date: October 27, 2008 12:07AM

We need to be informed about what is happening in the world today. Please, watch this movie so that you know the history and the current situation.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 27, 2008 01:39AM

Oddly, this DVD was sent to me at my parent's address, which I haven't lived at for about 15 years.

I already know what I need to know about "radical islam", and this DVD is off the mark by a mile. Of course, it is right in line with the conventional wisdom in this country, as sold by the neoconservatives.

This book sums it all up:

"Dore Gold, former Israeli Ambassador to the U.N. and internationally known Middle East expert, uses previously unpublished intelligence documents to piece together the links between the current wave of global terrorism-from the World Trade Center to Bali, Indonesia-and the ideology of hatred taught in the schools and mosques of Saudi Arabia."

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ui27nwe86uYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=hatred%27s+kingdom

Saudi Arabia supports and funds and spreads this form of radical islam.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 08:29AM

It was sent to my wife but not me. I guess since I'm a known Obama donor and the such, I wasn't cool enough to get it.

Only in the past 40-50 years have we even tried to adopt multi-cultural social democracy. I'd rather take some bumps on the road to that than return to 8,000+ years of mistrust, hatred, and warfare.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.