HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who are John Nicholas and Nicole Armstrong?
Posted by: Friends of BO ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:37AM

How do they receive the honor of President Obama and Congressman Gerry Connolly making a joint appearance in their backyard? It did not begin with the lawn-care service creating a picture-perfect setting for the garden party.

Reported: The area Obama chose to visit has a median household income more than twice the nation’s average, and the two-income family he visited lives in the nation's most affluent congressional district.

Still, reports claim that the Fairfax family, John Nicholas and Nicole Armstrong and their twin children, Trevor and Olivia, are no strangers to the tough economic times.

John Nicholas, Engineering Director at AOL, says he has survived several layoffs as the company shrank from 20,000 employees to fewer that 5,000 over the past several years. Due to a fall causing a spinal cord injury, he uses a wheel chair, and looks forward to the implementation of Obama's free health care plan.

With the children reaching school age, Nicole Armstrong recently returned to part-time work as an administrator at a local preschool. She did not say whether that was the nearby prestigious Merritt Academy or the church co-op.

During the internet boom, John Nicholas purchased his home at 3123 Barbara Ln, Fairfax, VA 22031 in 1997 for $323,000. The 4500 sq ft house is now assessed at $712,760. While he enjoys the equity growth, his property taxes more than doubled during the time that his neighbor and current congressman, Gerry Connolly, served as Chairman of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors.

Obama did not stop at Woody's Ice Cream on the drive out of town. His route also avoided the gathering of hundreds of illegal immigrants waiting for jobs outside the local 7-11 and Home Depot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who are John Nicholas and Nicole Armstrong?
Posted by: Palin2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:48AM

It's time to take OUR country BACK from some stupid fuckin crippled guy looking for free health care handout. Cut taxes NOW and make him pay for his own goddamn wheelchair.

Posted by: Lester ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:53AM

Shouldn't you be at a Wal-Mart some place signing books about Alaska's foreign policies?

Posted by: Kelly Taylor ()
Date: September 14, 2010 02:39PM

ATTENTION Palin2012:

The fucking country was NEVER ours to begin with you idiot. Go back to the hole your mama born'd you out of so all of US don't have to deal with YOU. Thank you.

Posted by: gee ()
Date: September 14, 2010 02:53PM

Kelly Taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ATTENTION Palin2012:
>
> The fucking country was NEVER ours to begin with
> you idiot. Go back to the hole your mama born'd
> you out of so all of US don't have to deal with
> YOU. Thank you.

Profound statement. Throw the word "fucking" in there and it really packs a punch.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: September 14, 2010 04:37PM

They're folks who live in Gerry Connolly's neighborhood.

Posted by: whiterussian ()
Date: September 14, 2010 11:27PM

Drove through Mantua this evening and there are a LOT of Fimian yard signs!

Look, I don't agree with most of his stands on social issues. But as a freshman congressman his opinions on those topics would be pretty irrelevant in a body of 435; those are judicial decisions anyway. I would encourage Fimian to focus on economic and national security stuff. If he is elected and deals on those issues, I am cool with that. If he zeroes in on the social stuff I would vote him out in 2010. This is his chance to make a difference. The economy and national security are priority now - - if you want, do that boutique stuff later.

Posted by: maude ()
Date: September 15, 2010 08:33AM

whiterussian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drove through Mantua this evening and there are a
> LOT of Fimian yard signs!
>
> Look, I don't agree with most of his stands on
> social issues. But as a freshman congressman his
> opinions on those topics would be pretty
> irrelevant in a body of 435; those are judicial
> decisions anyway. I would encourage Fimian to
> focus on economic and national security stuff. If
> he is elected and deals on those issues, I am cool
> with that. If he zeroes in on the social stuff I
> would vote him out in 2010. This is his chance to
> make a difference. The economy and national
> security are priority now - - if you want, do that
> boutique stuff later.

That is EXACTLY what my husband and I think too. Economic and national security/immigration issues are the most important things for the federal government to work out now. Social issues are not critical issues for our country right now. Fimian's stance on the social issues will play an insignificant part in Congress. He has the potential to make a difference where it can really count.

I voted for Herrity, and I do wish he would have won.

Posted by: Mantua neighbor ()
Date: September 15, 2010 11:21AM

The Washington Post article on this mentioned John Nicholas' interest in stem cell research due to his spinal cord injury. There was no reference to his interest in "free" healthcare. The health care reform bill that was passed doesn't provide free health care anyway.

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: September 15, 2010 06:44PM

Palin2012, you are full of venom. My husband is paralyzed from a spinal cord injury, and it shocks me when I hear this kind of cruel attitude regarding the disabled, although I hear it more and more often these days. Pray that you never suffer a misfortune that leaves you with a disability.

Posted by: whiterussian ()
Date: September 15, 2010 10:34PM

Thanks Maude. I do like Herrity, but I think his career trajectory is a little too fast Board of Supervisors, THEN Chairman THEN Congressman? Hats off for the chutzpah, but focus on county matters, prove yourself, and then go national.

Posted by: blackrussian ()
Date: September 18, 2010 06:24PM

John and Nicole are starting to regret their one hour of fame.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.