HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pay $25 and Get $50 at Alto Plaza!
Posted by: Alto Plaza ()
Date: July 28, 2010 08:51AM

God I love this site! www.specialicious.com has Alto Plaza on today!! AND it includes Happy Hour! Buy your voucher by midnight July 29th and go to Alto Plaza to eat and drink for $50!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pay $25 and Get $50 at Alto Plaza!
Posted by: novaHavoc ()
Date: July 28, 2010 08:52AM

Alto Plaza has the worst food and service. STAY AWAY!!!

Posted by: NovaGal ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:16AM

WHAT! $4 margaritas! and this voucher.... REALLY??? God Threw me a bone. I'm sold! done, and done.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:22AM

NovaGal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHAT! $4 margaritas! and this voucher....
> REALLY??? God Threw me a bone. I'm sold! done,
> and done.

Blessed are the murderous.
Attachments:
word-sell-shocked-woman.jpg
excited-woman-at-computer-largethumb10547142.jpg

Posted by: Bacon ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:25AM

LOLZ

Date: July 28, 2010 09:29AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NovaGal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WHAT! $4 margaritas! and this voucher....
> > REALLY??? God Threw me a bone. I'm sold!
> done,
> > and done.

2 girls, 1 cup?

Posted by: LOVE IT! ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:10AM

It's Li git, fo sho! www.specialicious.com just made my google chrome star favorite pick this week!

GRRRREEAAT!

Posted by: novafoodie ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:12AM

Are you kidding? I love Alto Plaza!!! Their food is absolutely delicious and who can pass up those fabulous drinks? That place is awesome. I'll for sure get that deal.

Posted by: marcjacobsismyman ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:17AM

alto plaza is baller. enough said.

Posted by: flower power ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:17AM

Worth a shot. I never been, but $25 is awesome for a voucher for $50 just bought one!

Posted by: NovaIsForLovers ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:27AM

oh my gosh! where can I find this deal?

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:27AM

Hate to break it to you, but you got taken. You can buy $50.00 in restaurant.com certs which are good at Alto Plaza for $2.00

Posted by: Hokie4life ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:31AM

NO NO NO!

Yes... Restaurant.com lets you purchase the coupon for $50 BUT you must spend $35 at the restaurant for the coupon to be valid.

SOO....

Technically you are spending $37 and eat for $50.

www.specialicious.com you buy the voucher for $25 present it to your server and get to dine for $50

Posted by: sickly ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:36AM

i got SEVERE food poisoning recently alto plaza! stay away

Alto Plaza - Inspection Report
Inspection Information:
Facility Type: Full Service Restaurant
Inspection type: Critical Procedures
Inspection date: July 20th, 2010
Number of critical violations: (unknown)
Number of non-critical violations: (unknown)

Definition of critical and non critical violations

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.

Code Observation / Corrective Action
2-102.11(C)(6) Critical one of the cooks was not aware of required temperatures for cooking, reheating
review with employees required time/temperatures for cooking, cooling, reheating and hot and cold holding.

2-103.11(G) Employees are not aware of or are not practicing proper methods to rapidly cool potentially hazardous food (PHF).
The Person in Charge or certified food manager shall be monitoring the methods used to cool down large batches of hot foods. The foods shall be cooled rapidly using adequate methods and approved temperatures and times to prevent growth of vegetative bacteria, toxin formation, and/or germination of spores.

3-203.12(A) Critical The tags for the molluscan shellfish (clams and oysters) are not available or are discarded immediately after the container is empty.
Shellstock tags shall remain attached to the container in which the shellstock are received until the container is empty and held for 90 days.

3-304.15(A) Corrected During Inspection Single-use gloves worn during multi-tasked food preparation.
If used, single-use gloves shall be used for only ONE task and used for no other purposes. The single-use gloves shall be discarded when damaged or soiled or when interruptions occur in the operation.

3-501.15(A)(1)-(7) Corrected During Inspection The following methods used for cooling were not adequate to facilitate cooling of the product from 135°F to 41°F within 6 hours:Large container of rice cooling covered.
Cooling hot foods shall be accomplished as follows: 1) placing the food in shallow pans, 2) separating the food into smaller or thinner portions, 3) using rapid cooling equipment, 4) stirring the food in a container placed in an ice water bath, 5) using containers that facilitate heat transfer, 6) adding ice as an ingredient, or 7) other effective methods. Recommend using sheet pans on rolling racks in refrigerators

3-501.15(B)(1)-(2) Food containers for cooling food are arranged so as not allow for maximum heat transfer.
Containers are covered, stacked and some items are placed in plastic containers. Use shallow metal containers and do not cover. Use caution to prevent refrigerator temperatures from rising; rice was 136f in walkin.

3-603.11(A) Critical A review of the menu with the foodservice operator indicates that the following food item may be served raw and/or undercooked: ceviche, burgers, steak, and other items
Consumer Advisory must be provided for all raw and undercooked meats, seafood, eggs and poultry. Gave information to manager on requirements

4-703.11(B) Critical Due to improper operation of the mechanical warewashing machine, equipment food-contact surfaces and utensils are not sanitized after cleaning.
Hot water warewashing machines shall achieve a utensil/equipment surface temperature of at least 160°F as measured by an irreversible registering temperature indicator. The thermolabel provided on the equipment/utensils shall turn black if the warewashing machine is properly heat sanitizing as required. If the thermolabel does not turn black, the warewashing machine shall not be used. Employees will have to set up the 3-vat sink to manually wash, rinse, and chemically sanitize all equipment, utensils, dish ware, glass ware, etc. Manager called service company to repair. FAX ME A COPY OF THE SERVICE REPORT WHEN THE MACHINE IS REPAIRED.

6-301.12(A) Corrected During Inspection Observed that no paper towels were available for handwashing sink at the bar
provide towels to all hand sinks

Comments:
This is the first inspection of this new full service restaurant. There are several CFMs. Consumer Advisory is required but inadequate on menu. Grease trap outside, cleaned under contract. Dishmachine hot water sanitizer, Jackson AJ-44CE and two Perlick bar glasswashers. Two hot water heaters, both State SUF130300NEA, 600,000 BTU total. Pest control monthly, contract.

Posted by: pitching aint easy ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:40AM

Who just HAS a health inspection report!?!

If this is the case... I see people lined up out the door for Outback Steakhouse and God knows that's not right.

wait.... I do love a bloomin onion... =)

Posted by: scam ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:54AM

Specialicious is a scam. I fell for one of these "coupon" swindles, and the restaurant wouldn't accept the deal. The general manager never even heard of specialicious. The people at specialicious refused to give me a refund unless I attended some timeshare seminar, they were really pushy and called me at work for weeks even though I told them I wasn't interested. Then a couple weeks later a whole bunch of fraudulent charges appeared on my create card.

Posted by: shop girl ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:00PM

I bought over $500.00 of these things for me and my friends from the site. Not only did i get the great deals, but I won a Bloomie's gift card.

It's a real site! and they gave me credit for referring people!

You must be internet retarded. It's so easy to use.

Posted by: Take one for the team ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:05PM

I'll take one for the team get one try it out on Friday, and post about my experience... OK!?

Posted by: i win ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:06PM

Yo sickly, I just read your health inspection and all of it is about improper cooling of food. seriously? that's a joke.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:04PM

I just bought one of these voucher coupon things, and it cured my herpes! The site is so easy to use, I don't know why anyone would pass up this awesome deal for free, delicious food/herpes cure.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 28, 2010 03:08PM

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.

Code Observation / Corrective Action
2-102.11(C)(6) Critical one of the cooks was not aware of required temperatures for cooking, reheating
review with employees required time/temperatures for cooking, cooling, reheating and hot and cold holding.

2-103.11(G) Employees are not aware of or are not practicing proper methods to rapidly cool potentially hazardous food (PHF).
The Person in Charge or certified food manager shall be monitoring the methods used to cool down large batches of hot foods. The foods shall be cooled rapidly using adequate methods and approved temperatures and times to prevent growth of vegetative bacteria, toxin formation, and/or germination of spores.

3-203.12(A) Critical The tags for the molluscan shellfish (clams and oysters) are not available or are discarded immediately after the container is empty.
Shellstock tags shall remain attached to the container in which the shellstock are received until the container is empty and held for 90 days.

3-304.15(A) Corrected During Inspection Single-use gloves worn during multi-tasked food preparation.
If used, single-use gloves shall be used for only ONE task and used for no other purposes. The single-use gloves shall be discarded when damaged or soiled or when interruptions occur in the operation.

3-501.15(A)(1)-(7) Corrected During Inspection The following methods used for cooling were not adequate to facilitate cooling of the product from 135°F to 41°F within 6 hours:Large container of rice cooling covered.
Cooling hot foods shall be accomplished as follows: 1) placing the food in shallow pans, 2) separating the food into smaller or thinner portions, 3) using rapid cooling equipment, 4) stirring the food in a container placed in an ice water bath, 5) using containers that facilitate heat transfer, 6) adding ice as an ingredient, or 7) other effective methods. Recommend using sheet pans on rolling racks in refrigerators

3-501.15(B)(1)-(2) Food containers for cooling food are arranged so as not allow for maximum heat transfer.
Containers are covered, stacked and some items are placed in plastic containers. Use shallow metal containers and do not cover. Use caution to prevent refrigerator temperatures from rising; rice was 136f in walkin.

3-603.11(A) Critical A review of the menu with the foodservice operator indicates that the following food item may be served raw and/or undercooked: ceviche, burgers, steak, and other items
Consumer Advisory must be provided for all raw and undercooked meats, seafood, eggs and poultry. Gave information to manager on requirements

4-703.11(B) Critical Due to improper operation of the mechanical warewashing machine, equipment food-contact surfaces and utensils are not sanitized after cleaning.
Hot water warewashing machines shall achieve a utensil/equipment surface temperature of at least 160°F as measured by an irreversible registering temperature indicator. The thermolabel provided on the equipment/utensils shall turn black if the warewashing machine is properly heat sanitizing as required. If the thermolabel does not turn black, the warewashing machine shall not be used. Employees will have to set up the 3-vat sink to manually wash, rinse, and chemically sanitize all equipment, utensils, dish ware, glass ware, etc. Manager called service company to repair. FAX ME A COPY OF THE SERVICE REPORT WHEN THE MACHINE IS REPAIRED.

6-301.12(A) Corrected During Inspection Observed that no paper towels were available for handwashing sink at the bar
provide towels to all hand sinks

7-525.02 (F) Observed patron performing an upper decker on the upper deck. There was no toilet paper for wiping purposes.

Comments:
This is the first inspection of this new full service restaurant. There are several CFMs. Consumer Advisory is required but inadequate on menu. Grease trap outside, cleaned under contract. Dishmachine hot water sanitizer, Jackson AJ-44CE and two Perlick bar glasswashers. Two hot water heaters, both State SUF130300NEA, 600,000 BTU total. Pest control monthly, contract.

Date: July 28, 2010 03:16PM

lawl @ same OP

Posted by: Deal Sheets ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:37PM

Not for nothin', but we -- CyberValley Deal Sheets -- are the most legit, fair and respectable "Deal" operation.

We are friendly and fair to both merchants and shoppers, and growing our business "one smile at a time." :-)

http://www.cyber-valley.com

(Or see the paper Deal Sheets at Starbucks and Caribou in Fair Lakes & Fairfax Corner).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.