HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are people in Mantua always walking on the road and getting in the way?!?!
Posted by: Nexon ()
Date: August 14, 2013 04:02PM

There are always people walking on Prince William Dr. even though there is no sidewalk. Some of them walk,jog, and run over the shoulder line and I have to constantly steer closer to the yellow middle line to avoid hitting them.

It gets even worse when I drive into cul de sacs and dead ends to pick up my friends who live in Mantua. For example when I was on my way to my friends house on Dorado Ct there was some old lady walking pretty much in the middle of the road. She knew I was behind her and she wouldn't scoot further to the edge to get out of the way. I had to drive to the other side of the road to continue on, she was walking way too slow.

The same thing for Convento Terrace, I drive down there to pick up a friend so we can hang out and two 12 year old boys are just walking down the road leaning close to the middle and in the damn way. Its annoying as fuck. Why can't people in Mantua just find a sidewalk and get off the road?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are people in Mantua always walking on the road and getting in the way?!?!
Posted by: knotreel ()
Date: August 14, 2013 05:47PM

mantuas is not a real place. please stop bringing it up. not real. doesnt exist. your story is make believe or about some other place.. perhaps fairfax city?

Re: Why are people in Mantua always walking on the road and getting in the way?!?!
Posted by: Stop driving in my hood! ()
Date: August 14, 2013 06:02PM

Are you the same teen that speeds up and down OUR streets?

Stop it! We have a right to walk, jog and play with our kids.

You are a menace. Maybe you should slow down.

Posted by: Arco Resedent ()
Date: August 14, 2013 06:16PM

God yopu think thats bad you drive in Arlington.Especially on the weekends.

Posted by: So Reals ()
Date: August 14, 2013 07:04PM

Mantua is so for real. I score my weed there...it's a real place, duderostomy!

Posted by: Mantuan ()
Date: August 14, 2013 07:09PM

Isn't Mantua the drug-ridden area of run-down houses and drive-by shootings? Worse, isn't it infested with corrupt Dem politicians?

Posted by: Mantutian ()
Date: August 14, 2013 09:21PM

They walk on the road so the mantua cougar does not pounce on them...truth--they have told me.

Posted by: Nova Driver ()
Date: August 15, 2013 05:15AM

the monkeys come down from the mountain and try to have sex with the women.

"Mantua is a place where people get involved very easily...I know that first hand because I'm a resident of Mantua. I think people who live here take a great deal of pride in their community."
-Gerry Connolly, resident and U.S. Representative

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 05:17AM by Nova Driver.

Posted by: aintrill ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:25AM

Nova Driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the monkeys come down from the mountain and try to
> have sex with the women.
>
> "Mantua is a place where people get involved
> very easily...I know that first hand because I'm a
> resident of Mantua. I think people who live here
> take a great deal of pride in their community."
> -Gerry Connolly, resident and U.S.
> Representative

Connolly lives in Fairfax. It's right on his property records. Looks in icare -- Mantuas is not a real place.

Posted by: Proud to be Mantuan ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:46AM

Denying it doesn't make it so...there is, and always be, Mantua

Posted by: Nova Driver ()
Date: August 15, 2013 10:33AM

aintrill Wrote:
> Nova Driver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the monkeys come down from the mountain and try
> to
> > have sex with the women.
> >
> > "Mantua is a place where people get involved
> > very easily...I know that first hand because I'm
> a
> > resident of Mantua. I think people who live
> here
> > take a great deal of pride in their community."
> > -Gerry Connolly, resident and U.S.
> > Representative
>
>
> Connolly lives in Fairfax. It's right on his
> property records. Looks in icare -- Mantuas is not
> a real place.

Google is your friend. Look up Mantua. Or are you calling Gerry a liar?

Date: August 15, 2013 08:06PM

No more Gerry Connolly and Mantua is not a fairytale crap. If you live in Mantua please tell me why you guys don't walk on sidewalks and instead walk on the road and get in the way of drivers.

Posted by: athenian ()
Date: August 15, 2013 08:24PM

I resent that. I live on Barkley dr and i smoke cigs at the start of my driveway all the time, so technically in the road. learn to drive please.

Date: August 15, 2013 08:24PM

I resent that. I live on Barkley dr and i smoke cigs at the start of my driveway all the time, so technically in the road. learn to drive please.

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: August 15, 2013 09:11PM

Because people that live in mantua are special and can do what ever they please. Mantua is kinda like Lake Wobegon except is in Fairfax, "all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average." Just ask anyone who lives there they'll tell (x-resident).

They even gots gerry!
Attachments:
gc.jpg

Date: August 15, 2013 09:51PM

Do you live in mantua? Where are the sidewalks?

Posted by: lolwtf2 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 05:20AM

athenian Wrote:
> Do you live in mantua? Where are the sidewalks?

Trick question as I have learned this is not a real place.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: August 16, 2013 07:26AM

lolwtf2 Wrote:
> athenian Wrote:
> -----
> > Do you live in mantua? Where are the sidewalks?
>
>
> Trick question as I have learned this is not a
> real place.

Read it and weep

http://www.mantua.org/

Posted by: lolwtf2 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 09:33AM

Priapus Wrote:
> lolwtf2 Wrote:
> -----
> > athenian Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Do you live in mantua? Where are the
> sidewalks?
> >
> >
> > Trick question as I have learned this is not a
> > real place.
>
>
> Read it and weep
>
> http://www.mantua.org/

Is this website that looks like it was designed in 1992 supposed to convince me. Also, the tagline:

"Mantua... A Real Neighborhood Experience"

They even put "Real" in it. Good sign that is, in fact, not real. They might as well write it this way:

Mantua... A "Real" Neighborhood Experience

Also, look at the WHOIS for Mantua.org:

Registrant Organization:Mantua Citizens Association
Registrant Street1:PO Box 832
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Merrifield
Registrant State/Province:VA
Registrant Postal Code:22116-2832
Registrant Country:US

"Merrifield" <--- Not even Mantua! More proof it's made up!

Posted by: mantutian ()
Date: August 16, 2013 09:50AM

As a cougar-dodging Mantua resident...I wish Mantua was made up so it would not be so scary.

Looking forward to moving.

Date: August 16, 2013 09:47PM

I just thought i should mention that via my smart phone right this very second i am walking down Barkley dr. Hugging the side of the road cause there is no sidewalk . since i haven't learned type on my smary phone without looking its safe to assume I'm looking down at my phone and not In front of me in the direction I'm walking.

.... true story.

Date: August 16, 2013 09:57PM

Yeah and do you realize that by hugging on the road and looking at your phone, that your obstructing a car's path and possibly someone passing by in thier car might run you over?

Date: August 17, 2013 11:57AM

Are you saying you don't know how to drive bro?

Posted by: Ye Ole Woodson Man ()
Date: August 17, 2013 08:04PM

They are trying to avoid surveys on FXUG of people looking for families with over 175 K income..I dont blame them

Date: August 26, 2013 09:05PM

Seriously once again had to drive my friend's ass back home to Mantua. Made a turn and had to brake immediately once I drove into cul de sac street. Three idiots walking in the middle of the road. I had to flash at them my high beam to get them to move further to the shoulder. Once again why can't the folks in Mantua stop walking in the middle of the road?

Date: August 26, 2013 09:16PM

Well brah, a cul de sac would imply that the road stops once you get into the cul de sac. Thus, getting the name cul de sac. So these three people are either walking in the middle of the road or are walking in a cul de sac, can't be both at the same time. Again, refrencing the fact that a cul de sac is an end of a road I would imagine that you did break once you drove into a cul de sac because it would be the end of a road...

Maybe retake drivers ed to help better understand how driving works. That or learn to drive.

Posted by: Are You Kidding Me? ()
Date: August 26, 2013 09:48PM

Nexon Wrote:
> Seriously once again had to drive my friend's ass
> back home to Mantua. Made a turn and had to brake
> immediately once I drove into cul de sac street.

It's a cul de sac, asswipe. That means it dead ends. It also means that there is a real likelihood that the cul de sac driveway is maintained by the residents of the cul de sac, not the county. In which case it is private property.

If you have slowed down adequately to turn into the cul de sac, you should not have to slam on the brakes.

Here's what the residents are thinking (and perhaps saying): Who the fuck is this shithead who keeps terrorizing the neighborhood? We have to do so something about this.

> Three idiots walking in the middle of the road. I
> had to flash at them my high beam to get them to
> move further to the shoulder.

Seriously? Could you be any more obnoxious? It's THEIR neighborhood, not yours.

> Once again why can't
> the folks in Mantua stop walking in the middle of
> the road?

Tell your friend to find another ride. At some point the residents are going to be pissed enough to go after you. You are a danger to them and their children.

Date: August 26, 2013 10:12PM

What I meant was I was driving my friend back to his house in the cul de sac, the dead end. In order to get there I needed to drive through a street that leads up to the cul de sac/dead end. Thats where the three walkers were. Right in the middle of that road that goes up to the cul de sac. I never said anything about a driveway.

Posted by: Knotriel ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:13PM

Hi

Can someone give GPS coordinates or a Google Mapsink to this location?

Thanks

-mantuAsNotarealPlace

Posted by: Knotriel ()
Date: August 26, 2013 11:15PM

Ohh shit iPhone keyboard malfunction.

Google Maps Link*

Posted by: 933127 ()
Date: September 15, 2013 04:09PM

People have the right to walk in low traffic neighborhood roads even if there are no sidewalks. If they are in the way simply steer your car away or nicely tell them to scoot further to the shoulder if they are too close. There's no reason to get pissed off or aggravated, people go out for walks-chill out. Sounds like you need to learn to slow down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2013 04:17PM by 933127.

Someone should cap your ass
Posted by: BlackbeardII ()
Date: September 15, 2013 05:22PM

you little fuckwad.

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: September 15, 2013 05:24PM

It's healthy and normal to walk, jog, etc. Why do you drive such a short distance around your local neighborhood? Get out of the car and walk fattie!

Nexon Wrote:
> There are always people walking on Prince William
> Dr. even though there is no sidewalk. Some of them
> walk,jog, and run over the shoulder line and I
> have to constantly steer closer to the yellow
> middle line to avoid hitting them.
>
> It gets even worse when I drive into cul de sacs
> and dead ends to pick up my friends who live in
> Mantua. For example when I was on my way to my
> friends house on Dorado Ct there was some old lady
> walking pretty much in the middle of the road. She
> knew I was behind her and she wouldn't scoot
> further to the edge to get out of the way. I had
> to drive to the other side of the road to continue
> on, she was walking way too slow.
>
> The same thing for Convento Terrace, I drive down
> there to pick up a friend so we can hang out and
> two 12 year old boys are just walking down the
> road leaning close to the middle and in the damn
> way. Its annoying as fuck. Why can't people in
> Mantua just find a sidewalk and get off the road?

Date: September 16, 2013 10:09AM

According the average mantuan it really isn't a road...it is a giant sidewalk. I get flagged down and given constipated looks all the time because I am going 27 in a 25 MPH 'sidewalk.'

Simple: the majority of mantuans are cougar-scare mongoring/story-creating control freaks. I think they make for good sport.

Posted by: pedestrian ()
Date: September 16, 2013 09:59PM

Oh, yeah, sport. If you were driving nearly 30mph close to me walking on a narrow residential street, I'd give you the stink eye too. If you hit a pedestrian at 30mph, that pedestrian has a roughly 40% chance of death. http://humantransport.org/sidewalks/SpeedKills.htm

One hopes your parents have good insurance and really deep pockets if you are going to be reckless with others' lives in a car.

The Germans have cracked the code on driver's licenses: only at age 18, only after expensive and extensive training, and if you screw up too much, you have to retake the expensive training before you get the license again.

Date: September 17, 2013 12:06PM

pedestrian Wrote:
> Oh, yeah, sport. If you were driving nearly 30mph
> close to me walking on a narrow residential
> street, I'd give you the stink eye too. If you
> hit a pedestrian at 30mph, that pedestrian has a
> roughly 40% chance of death.
> http://humantransport.org/sidewalks/SpeedKills.htm
>
>
> One hopes your parents have good insurance and
> really deep pockets if you are going to be
> reckless with others' lives in a car.
>
> The Germans have cracked the code on driver's
> licenses: only at age 18, only after expensive and
> extensive training, and if you screw up too much,
> you have to retake the expensive training before
> you get the license again.

BUMP+1--See what I mean kids.

For the record 'pedestrian' I am the parent that pays everyone's insurance in the house.

Posted by: mantuan ()
Date: September 28, 2013 12:52PM

I live in Mantua. It is real. I ride my unicorn all over the streets. What of it?

Date: September 30, 2013 02:51PM

mantuan Wrote:
> I live in Mantua. It is real. I ride my unicorn
> all over the streets. What of it?

I am a Mantutian too and have seen him riding his uni. Doesn't exist...indeed.

Posted by: Abraham Steinhardt Liftshitz ()
Date: September 30, 2013 10:37PM

Jews are afraid of sidewalks. They are non-conformists who walk around in clogs and black socks but must stray into traffic because they don't want to cross paths with non-Jews.

Posted by: mantuaprettymuchsucks ()
Date: March 06, 2015 02:35AM

Abraham Steinhardt Liftshitz Wrote:
> Jews are afraid of sidewalks. They are
> non-conformists who walk around in clogs and black
> socks but must stray into traffic because they
> don't want to cross paths with non-Jews.

uh huh. you're right about that. whenever there's an event at the jew center, they clog up all the streets in mantua, and only one car fits on the street due to their cars parked in the neighborhood. good luck not hitting anyone..

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.