HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFX cop poor driving
Posted by: lou goering ()
Date: July 05, 2010 02:27AM

Traveling eastbound on Rt. 29 about 11:30 pm July 4, just past the FFX Co. Parkway. I'm in left lane going about 50 mph with light traffic when I look in rear view mirror and see this car barrelling down on me at an excessive speed. When it got close enough I could see it was a ffx co. cop. Cop had no siren or flashing lights on. I get over in right lane to let car pass. I'd say the car was going in excess of 15mph+ above speed limit and weaving from one lane to the next. If I or you been driving like that it's ticket city. Well as my luck was on this night I followed the cop to see were headed but barely making it through all the lights. Wanted to see if the officer was headed to a call or not. Apparently not for when she got to a stop light didn't show any big hurry at this point. I was going straight and cop took left turn. I guess she was joy riding. Oh nice, fine example for other drivers. Plate ended in 388L and car number was 4885.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFX cop poor driving
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 05, 2010 02:58AM

everyone knows that laws dont apply to police.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: 519 ()
Date: July 05, 2010 09:49AM

I think I'd worry more about a random dude pursuing a cop out of curiosity and "barely making it" through lights more than i would a cop who is more than likely enrt somewhere. I'm sure if you are that concerned, you've already expressed that to FCPD? or did you rush home to tell your friends on Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:01AM

11:30? Probably getting close to shift change and she wanted to go the fuck home. I'd haul ass too if it meant getting off of work on time. I had a similar experience with a ffx cop on Nutley headed towards Vienna. Cop in the left lane cut across 4 lanes without a blinker in the span of about 700 feet and exited onto 66. I said the same thing that you did...fine example for the rest of us. I can't help but wonder if the cop was asian. Anyway, the shitty cops are always the ones who get the most attention, but there are many more good ones doing their jobs properly and we should be glad they're there when we need them. Unless, of course, you have tinted windows in which case you probably think all teh police r ghey n shit.

Posted by: BurkeRes ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:02AM

No, you cannot carry in the visitor's center.
The law does indeed permit a person to carry in National Parks in States where carrying in such a manner is also lawful. The law however makes an exemption for NPS buildings where a sign is clearly posted. So carry with confidence on the grounds of the park, but do not carry in any building where it is forbidden with sign-age posted.

CAVEAT: I am not a lawyer and I am definitely not your lawyer. Read the law for yourself and come to your own conclusions.
http://home.nps.gov/news/release.htm?id=962

Posted by: Powerful_Crab ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:26AM

Dude that posted above me is lunchin' like a fat kid on chocolate cake... WTF?

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: July 05, 2010 11:15AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 11:30? Probably getting close to shift change and
> she wanted to go the fuck home. I'd haul ass too
> if it meant getting off of work on time. I had a
> similar experience with a ffx cop on Nutley headed
> towards Vienna. Cop in the left lane cut across 4
> lanes without a blinker in the span of about 700
> feet and exited onto 66. I said the same thing
> that you did...fine example for the rest of us. I
> can't help but wonder if the cop was asian.
> Anyway, the shitty cops are always the ones who
> get the most attention, but there are many more
> good ones doing their jobs properly and we should
> be glad they're there when we need them. Unless,
> of course, you have tinted windows in which case
> you probably think all teh police r ghey n shit.

There is no shift for FCPD that begins/ends at 11:30 or 12, so your theory is incorrect.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 05, 2010 11:25AM

It was worth a shot

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: July 05, 2010 12:07PM

Subconscious element: it was late, and they didn't care.

time traveling only works with the flux capacitor or around a black hole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 12:50PM by Juxtaposition.

Posted by: Boutitboutit ()
Date: July 05, 2010 05:40PM

I almost got hit by one today who playing on his computer while driving.

If i can't text while driving, The cops sure can't operate a laptop. These guys are above the law.

Posted by: MommyLion ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:07AM

ok - so what is the rule for cops smoking while driving marked cars?

we were on braddock headed east turning left on to shirley gate and there was a marked camaro - yes, ffx pd paint on a camaro...probably drug seizure - and this old guy was driving it - not in uniform, with a big fat stogie - lit - in his mouth.

first - what's the deal no uniform going for a what, pleasure cruise, in the camaro? and there is NO way smoking is allowed in a county cop car, right??

Posted by: lou goering ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:17AM

519 is that cop lingo for something

i wasn't directly following the cop i was headed east on rt. 29 towards fairfax city anyways and i was amazed at getting through all the lights without a single one going yellow the whole way the cop car was a good 1/4 mile ahead me and sheer luck that she got stopped by a red light which I came too also

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 06, 2010 03:18AM

One time I saw a cop driving in a nasty manner, so I hit 'em with the PIT. You should really try it sometime :-)

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.