HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345678All
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: appeal ()
Date: September 11, 2014 09:37AM

I wouldn't imagine he can appeal. Word has it TODAY is his birthday. I bet he never thought he would be spending it behind bars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Hrundi V Bakshi ()
Date: September 11, 2014 09:48AM

15 years is a looooong time in the joint for a child molester. Every day will be hell. And that's a good thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: shorter ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:00PM

He will probably get out in 12 1/2 years, being he already put a full year in. Enough time to think long and hard what he did and hopefully to get some counseling to make him a better person in society.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Hrundi V Bakshi ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:43PM

He may not live 2 months unless they put him in isolation.

Child molestors have no friends in the joint.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: appeal ()
Date: September 12, 2014 06:55AM

I wonder if he can appeal his case? Crazy how others who do worse things get less time. Each of these were one count. I guess it all comes down to the judge that day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: I will say it again ()
Date: September 12, 2014 07:55AM

all Marlow needs to do apparently is hire the same attorney down in Hanover County that represented Todd Attkisson in his felony underage sex case. Fascinating to me how different the outcomes. Read about that case down in Ashland, VA. Read up on how Todd defied court orders and kept up the relationship with the underage girl - 14 year old girl. yeah - Marlow just needs to hire that attorney.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: age ()
Date: September 12, 2014 09:06AM

age of victims play a huge role in sentencing. Being the victim was 12 years old at the time- it makes sentencing more severe. If she was 13 or older, things may have turned out much differently for him. Regardless- anyone under 18 is too young. Again he was 39. There is no justification.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: sorry ()
Date: September 12, 2014 05:53PM

I hope all the people that thought the accuser was a "liar" have the decency to show they're sorry! It's bad enough she was going through this, let alone having others not believing her. It's a cruel world we live in and humans are the ones that make it so rough. Do you really think this situation is something the victim and her family would want to follow them for the rest of their life? I hope she is strong, because shit like this can put people into deep dark depression! Hang in there, girl!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: mKYMK ()
Date: September 12, 2014 07:25PM

sorry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope all the people that thought the accuser was
> a "liar" have the decency to show they're sorry!
> It's bad enough she was going through this, let
> alone having others not believing her. It's a
> cruel world we live in and humans are the ones
> that make it so rough. Do you really think this
> situation is something the victim and her family
> would want to follow them for the rest of their
> life? I hope she is strong, because shit like
> this can put people into deep dark depression!
> Hang in there, girl!


who the fuck are you talking to?

this is not the place for your shit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: relevant ()
Date: September 13, 2014 09:35AM

Why such the hostility? I think the comment was very relevant and it is the right place to voice that. Looks like he/she is talking to all the people on the string and then some that felt the victim was a liar. Truth always comes out!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: keepin it real ()
Date: September 15, 2014 12:50PM

i mean, to be REAL, none of us posting here about the situation with Marlow were actually there when whatever happened actually happened - and like his defense attorney said at the sentencing hearing - at the end of the day you still have two different stories. So, personally, i don't plan on apologizing to anyone about what my opinion was/still is/might be about the whole situation. SO - stop acting like some of you know exactly what happened. Cuz you don't. and that's real.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: guilty ()
Date: September 15, 2014 03:26PM

Well, clearly if anyone was at the sentencing, like myself, and you heard the prosecutor read aloud many of the texts that Marlow was sending the girl, you would be absolutely HORRIFIED. They clearly state how much went on and what his intentions were with her. Anyone in that room Wednesday, hands down, would give him the guilty verdict. It was beyond awful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: please ()
Date: September 15, 2014 06:44PM

Let's be real, the girl is not innocent either. If you heard the text messages she also entertained the idea and yes he should have known better (which he himself said out loud in open court), she still knows right from wrong she's not that stupid. She can't beven that stupid if she has accomplished all they said she did in open court. Also they even said she tried to contact him and he wantRd nothing to do with her so get your facts straight. That being said unfortunately the law is the law and he committed a felony by texting all of the things he did. They are both in the wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Biggmacc ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:05PM

No he committed a felony by having sex with a 12 year old girl. A 6th grade child. He had her suck his dick. That is why he is now in jail for 15 years. Do not try and put this on the child he raped. She is a child. If you do not understand this the athorities need to keep an eye on you. Only a petaphial would think like yourself

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: JHpLU ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:10PM

Biggmacc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No he committed a felony by having sex with a 12
> year old girl. A 6th grade child. He had her suck
> his dick. That is why he is now in jail for 15
> years. Do not try and put this on the child he
> raped. She is a child. If you do not understand
> this the athorities need to keep an eye on you.
> Only a petaphial would think like yourself


I agree with this post, but the poster REALLY needs an education.

"petaphial" Really!?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: years ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:21PM

For your information this happened over 2 years ago when the girl was 12 YEARS OLD!!! She is going to be 15. I only hope that she is doing GREAT things, as they said. (Marlow can't get any brownie points for that). Middle School is when girls are at their most vulnerable stage of being accepted and trying to figure out who they are. Of course a 12 year old is going to play "follow the leader" when there is a man 6'7" tall giving her direction and attention! You don't have to look like or be known as a monster to do these things. In fact it's usually the nicest of people that commit these offenses. Never was there a time that he didn't want to hear from her. NEVER! Trust me. Get your facts right! It is not unfortunate that the law is the law. Be thankful we have laws. Bottom line is, when it comes to kids- there is hardly ever sympathy or leniency to the perpetrator....My guess is you don't have kids- or you would be thinking a LOT differently. OH,let's not forget when the Judge said that her story was very credible and truthful because there was hardcore evidence from his texts that backed up all of the physical things he would and wanted to do to her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: DcuLC ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:26PM

did he ever physically touch her? or was it all texts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ok ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:33PM

I understand he was wrong as does he. I said they are both wrong. I didn't say that I agree with what he did, learn to read. My point is that there is much more to what happened than what we all know so don't be quick to assume and act like we know everything. As one of the posters above said, no one knows what really happened except for the two that were there. Again, I am not saying what he did is right. I'm just saying everyone on here is quick to judge and no one knows the facts. If she was coming onto him like he claims then he should have told her parents right away and gotten himself out of the situation. If he was coming onto her like she says then she should have told her parents right away. I don't know what actually happened and how long it took for her to turn him in but it was said that they were texting over an 8 month period so that is a pretty long time. If it was up to me and it was my kid I wouldn't be in this situation because I wouldn't have left them unattended with a trainer, I don't care who it is or how much I trust them. But again, I don't have the facts on where the parents were in this situation so I will just leave it at again I am not saying he is right or that kids should be sexually abused. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ok ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:41PM

Clearly there was much more evidence than what was said (that none of us know about) against him if he is in jail for 15 years. Hopefully the victim and her family have moved on from this along with his family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: class ()
Date: September 15, 2014 09:47PM

Everyone needs a course on Sexual Abuse. You will clearly understand why a victim acts the way that they do and continue with the motions for however long they have to. NEVER should she feel at FAULT! NEVER! 12 years old can be talked into anything. For all we know he told her, "IF you tell anyone, I will kill your family!" You don't know what he did to be sure his BEST KEPT SECRET wasn't unveiled. We clearly know enough of the crucial facts- that is why he pleaded no contest- meaning there was too much evidence against him to go to trial and risk a life in prison. Oh, and it took him to the sentencing to say that "he was wrong". But, I thought he was innocent? Hmm..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ok ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:10PM

Actually I never said he was innocent. I hope you are wrong and that he didn't threaten to kill her family. Since you seem to know so much, where was the parents in all of this? Since she was 12 shouldn't they be monitoring her cell phone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: ok ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:11PM

for the record, I am still not saying that he is right AT ALL. He is absolutely wrong in every sense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: n6Hjw ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:13PM

DcuLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> did he ever physically touch her? or was it all
> texts?


??????????????????????????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: the truth is....... ()
Date: September 16, 2014 07:42AM

that no one that actually knows the facts about this case is wasting their time posting on FFU about this. we are all just speculating and feeding off of the feeling that somehow passing judgment on others will make us feel better about our own lives. spend less time worrying about what Marlow did or didn't do and more time focusing on your own kids and lives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: yes ()
Date: September 16, 2014 07:55AM

of course! That is why he is spending 15 years in prison.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: class ()
Date: September 16, 2014 08:02AM

A grown man that is up against spending time in jail if any of his behavior was revealed can make him do and say crazy things. I was only referring that he may have said that to the victim under the circumstances. My question is Where was his wife in all of this? For the amount of text they were sending back and forth, he had to be pretty consumed and not with in her presence. He also had 2 little girls. I think to myself, how would Marlow feel if some guy was moving in on one of his daughters?! I think 15 years is a walk in the park, considering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Player ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:47PM

I trained with him so many years and I had no idea he was like this aside from a few inappropriate comments. How do you expect parents to know that this was going to happen. I have extremely caring parents and I do not blame them for sending me to train with him. Just a thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Biggmacc ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:59PM

Afshartous, 39, of Reston, was arrested Aug. 3 on counts of sodomy, object sexual penetration and solicitation to manufacture child pornography.

It was more then text messages

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: easier ()
Date: September 16, 2014 04:17PM

The detectives and prosecutors team would not send a man to 15 years of jail time if there wasn't grounds and concrete evidence. When you do a crime against a child the punishment will always be severe. I just boggles my mind that Marlow would risk everything. Wife, kids, seeing his own parents, training, freedom. Crazy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: really? ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:49AM

Looking at this conversation, I cannot believe some of the things said here. First of all, if you have kids on your own, you would never blame a 12 yr old girl or say she is not innocent either. Marlow is father of two daughters and he is an adult, a grown up man, and then the girl is 12 yrs old. Maybe the girl has some issues what comes to getting attention but not by any means this was her fault, there should not be any question about that. Marlow is very good at manipulating and making himself look good and always tries to blame everyone else for his actions and just lies to get himself out of trouble.

Why Marlow risked everything? Because he is the type of person that has always got away with things. He has never really had to take any responsibility of his actions and I bet this time too, he thought he would get away with it somehow. Use the girl for a while and then move on to the next affair. Obviously he has some serious problems, mentally and with his personality, and he would have needed therapy a long time ago. Problem with these kind of people is, they never see it themselves, and to the outside, they seem like the world´s nicest person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: spoton ()
Date: September 17, 2014 09:04AM

Exactly!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: wrap ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:48PM

Still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: CH3NO2 ()
Date: September 24, 2014 06:43PM

wrap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Why? He was found guilty and is going to prison. Hopefully the young lady can move on with her life without too much damage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: metoo ()
Date: September 25, 2014 09:58AM

I hope she can too!!!! Amazing how some still feel he is innocent or that the situation wasn't worthy of letting the authorities know. People have a hard time with seeing someone that they have known be sent to prison. Especially if they didn't know this side of him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Gross ()
Date: September 25, 2014 11:39AM

When will the girl turn 18?
Can't let hat experience go to wast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Smallie Bigs ()
Date: September 25, 2014 12:10PM

Concealed Carrier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good. This what you get when you let them niggers
> off with your daughters. Niggers don't have go
> looking for white girls/your daughters, they just
> wait for you to deliver them.
>
> Oh he was a good neighbor(nigger), sure.


Nah man, we don't need them delivered, they just come on by. I am not talking about 12 year olds. I don't do that shit. But if they are old enough, the white girls come by and they are all welcomed. :-)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 12:10PM by Smallie Bigs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Big Dick Black ()
Date: September 25, 2014 12:32PM

Smallie Bigs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Nah man, we don't need them delivered, they just
> come on by. I am not talking about 12 year olds. I
> don't do that shit. But if they are old enough,
> the white girls come by and they are all welcomed.
> :-)


And this is usually because black guys are always a good source for drugs. Probably the scenario behind the missing girl at UVA. Jesse Matthews was her drug dealer and he may have decided he wanted something other than cash for payment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Barry Obama ()
Date: September 25, 2014 12:34PM

If I had a son, he'd look like Marlow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: seriously? ()
Date: September 25, 2014 12:39PM

You didn't just say that! Really? That's the best you can offer to this forum. I pray you never have kids- especially a daughter! And if you do one day, remember your own words and let me know how that goes for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: WHY? ()
Date: September 25, 2014 12:41PM

Why do you say that? Do you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: Naive ()
Date: October 01, 2014 01:34PM

To say that you put blame on the victim just as much as Marlow is such a naive and closed mind thinking. You are saying a 40 year old man and a 12 year old girl have the same thought process with the same intentions towards one another? From what I gather, Marlow was very in tune to kids and pretty much surrounded himself with them throughout the day, every day. The one thing that they ALL had in common is their love for basketball. He was supposed to be a trainer/coach to make players better in their game. THAT IS IT! He wasn't hired by parents to take advantage of his players. A girl of that age can be VERY vulnerable, especially when her peers think Marlow is the best guy in town. I am sure he made her feel special and more important than any of his past and present players- that's the sick part. I am sure he fed her lots of BS and yes, a 12 year old will believe most of what is being told to them. To think that she waited a whole year and a half after the abuse took place to speak out, just tells you the hold he had on her. It was probably the hardest thing she ever had to do. I can't even imagine. So maybe you need to reevaluate your thoughts. Obviously, you have never walked in a victim's shoes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: see ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:19PM

So true. When you see a bunch of kids training with him for so many years, you automatically thinks it's okay. For all we know, this may be a first time situation But, I guess it only takes one time. Especially given the age of the victim. I wonder if he can appeal his 15 year sentence?

Options: ReplyQuote
I was in jail with him right before his trial FACTS
Posted by: jeff gollobin ()
Date: January 02, 2015 11:09AM

I was in Loudon County in C-Pod At the time also known as the Pedo-Pod (what a coincidence LOL) Frankly he had every single person in there beleiving he was innocent, he just seemed way to nice and not a single person thought or wanted to think it was true... I was always a little bit skeptical but thats just my nature. He did it, anyone who knew him while we were in there could tell you hands down simply by the way he reacted before his trial up to the point where the time ticked away and got closer and closer. He even made the mistake of telling people when he met his lawyer He got upset because he didnt disclose to his own lawyer that he carried out a relationship with the Mother "ALSO" yes he said the word also and when he did at the poker table that I ran we all litterally stopped dead. The silence continued for minutes until he walked away and sat alone and quiet for the next three days. Anyone who would like information about what he was like and the things he said before his trial feel free to email me. feel free to check my record and you will be able to see that i was in fact with him before his Trial on C-Pod... He did it... The girl totally was fucking with him too though, excuse? no but lets be real bitches will be bitches... in the same thought i guess Pedos will be Pedos LOL yikes.... /byebyeMarlowButtholeWhenHeGoesDownTheRoad/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I was in jail with him right before his trial FACTS
Posted by: ludicrous ()
Date: January 03, 2015 10:38AM

I highly doubt Marlow will EVER admit to his wrongdoing- although evidence proves much differently hence his 15 yr. sentence. The fact that you call a 12 yr. old a bitch and blame her just as much as a 40yr.old-pretty much tells us why you were in the slammer, too. As far as the Mom- I will believe that when hell freezes over. Marlow shouldn't be giving himself that much credit. That just ludicrous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another male coach assaulting young girls
Posted by: JudgementDay ()
Date: September 10, 2015 12:55PM

One down- 12 to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12345678All
Current Page: 8 of 8


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **    **  **     **   *******   **    ** 
 **         **  **   **     **  **     **  **   **  
 **          ****    **     **  **         **  **   
 ******       **     **     **  ********   *****    
 **           **      **   **   **     **  **  **   
 **           **       ** **    **     **  **   **  
 ********     **        ***      *******   **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.