HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A Quick History Lesson on Burke
Posted by: Historian ()
Date: July 31, 2013 08:07AM

If you live in Burke, there's a chance you may have had a conversation or two with your neighbors, family or friends about the little place you call home.

Ask any resident how they would describe the community and the first words you’ll hear are “family-oriented,” “welcoming,” “community-centric.”

But unlike some places nearby that are incorporated as cities and towns — like Herndon, Vienna or Fairfax City — Burke can be difficult for some locals to point out on a map, much less distinguish from other areas of Fairfax County.

It might surprise some to learn some 41,055 people call Burke home.

“When I moved to Burke, I thought more about location than history. But after a while, you learn that it has some interesting history. It’s not a manufactured 20th century town like most of the county, but a place with a long and colorful history,” Tom McFarland said on a post on the Burke Patch Facebook page.

Though many of the historical places that once defined the community have disappeared, it’s inevitable residents will find reminders of Burke’s history sprinkled along the major roads, parks and businesses they visit daily.

Whether or not residents connect with Burke’s history, they do have a distinct community, locals say; it may just be a bit harder to see.

“Because Burke isn’t incorporated, I think its identity can be a little nebulous even to people who live here. But there’s a deep sense of Burke as a really great place to live that unites the old-timers who grew up here with the many who move here from all over the country and the world, and that makes it a true community. People may not know exactly what it is or what its boundaries are, but they identify with Burke," said Brian Slawski, chair of programs Chair for the Burke Historical Society (BHS). http://http//www.burkehistoricalsociety.org/

Burke's name actually dates back as far as the 19th century, when it took its name from Col. Silas Burke, a farmer who built a house on a hill — now known as the Silas Burke House) — that overlooked Pohick Valley.

"The house is located where the Orange and Alexandria Railroad was originally constructed. The railroad gave farmers access to markets in Alexandria and Washington, DC,” said Brian Slawski, chair of programs Chair for the Burke Historical Society (BHS). “Today, Burke residents still use the rail line brought by Silas Burke to commute to Alexandria and D.C. So, because of its history, Burke has retained much of the character of a country town in spite of always being strongly tied to its neighboring big cities.”

Many of the streets, shopping areas and neighborhoods in the area have kept the name "Burke." Aside from the larger area itself, the Burke Centre Shopping Center, Burke Centre Town Plaza, Kings Park Shopping Center and the Burke Town Plaza all use the name.

Burke Centre is one of the largest residential communities in Burke, with more than 5,800 homes on about 1,700 acres. Every fall, the community hosts the annual Burke Centre Festival, which celebrates their neighborhood and all other things Burke.

Some other remnants from Burke's beginnings are things residents pass every day — there’s the Silas Burke House located off of Burke Lake Road, which was originally built in 1824 and rebuilt in 1854. And the Burke Nursery and Garden Center is on the former grounds of the old Copperthite Horse Race Track, which opened on July 4, 1908.

“[It] entertained visitors from distances across the country, yet no evidence remains of its existence,” said Jon Vrana, president of the BHS.

A fun fact: Burke was once the potential site of Dulles International Airport.

For residents of Burke, though, history isn’t all that keeps them connected.

“Burke is also its people. It’s a community of long-term residents and newcomers. Each brings a spirit of community and cooperation, very unique to the Washington, DC area,” Vrana said.

That spirit of cooperation extends as much to residents as it does to the local organizations and causes that set them apart from other areas of Fairfax County, like the Burke Volunteer Fire Department (BVFD) and the Springfield/Burke Relay for Life.

Back in June, Burke residents helped raise more than $160,000 for the Springfield/Burke Relay for Life at West Springfield High School. They also rallied behind a 9-year-old Burke child to raise more than $18,000 to help clean up the 2010 oil spill off of the Gulf Coast — just by setting up a lemonade stand and selling T-shirts online.

“Burke is a collection of comfortable, residential communities ... each with its own personality, but all focused on friendly, livable communities,” said Braddock District Supervisor John Cook, whose office is located in Kings Park Library, one of three libraries in Burke.

Burke might be known for its history, and its community, but neigh make it easy to explain exactly what makes Burke… well, Burke.

And for that reason, it can be easy for the area to be forgotten as Fairfax County continues to grow and expand alongside areas like Tysons and Merrifield.

Braddock District Supervisor John Cook says he believes the work his office does helps bring attention to the more important Burke issues. There are nearly 6,000 businesses in the greater Burke area, according to Census data, and Cook says redevelopment initiatives will help attract new shops and help existing ones grow.

“I don’t find it challenging to advocate for my district, I find it enjoyable. We are bringing Burke- and Braddock-centered transportation initiatives to the top of the county list, worked with other supervisors to hold down proposed tax increases, and are working to fund school renovations in a responsible manner,” Cook said.

There’s a lot of pride among residents and the community for the place they call home — even if they can't put a finger on what exactly that is

“When I tell people about Burke, I explain it as "the best of both worlds." DC is extremely close and accessible, yet we live in a forested community with virtually no traffic in our neighborhood,” said David Flint on a post on the Burke Patch Facebook page.
Attachments:
9a2609dc8637939fb3c82de7439c96a7.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Quick History Lesson on Burke
Posted by: Burke Curve ()
Date: July 31, 2013 09:22AM

Thanks for the post.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:06AM

With all do respect, there is nothing historically significant about Burke. It cant even claim George Washington Slept "here".

Aside from that it is a lovely place.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:06AM

With all do respect, there is nothing historically significant about Burke. It cant even claim George Washington Slept "here".

Aside from that it is a lovely place.

Posted by: Sharone B. ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:10AM

Burke is a gorgeous modern city. A model for cities around the world. Most excellent restaurants, plenty of diversity, free public transportation, and all the children are well above average.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:53AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all do respect, there is nothing historically
> significant about Burke.

Well perhaps one thing. In 1862 JEB Stuart attacked Burke Station in his raid on Union supply lines. Ironically the state highway sign for this military action isn't in Burke. Was always curious how that happened.

Posted by: Burke_ ()
Date: July 31, 2013 12:01PM

Burke was cool at one point, then there was a fucking traffic light installed at every freakin intersection.

Plus the fucking cellulite, fat armed cunts on their phones driving minivans. I hate them.

Posted by: uplh ()
Date: July 31, 2013 02:36PM

Burkenites are stuck up people that live in there little world and shop in their little shopping center and use the same gas station in town. get out and go get mugged in DC, Alexandria or Arlington would you. good historical info tho

Posted by: history major ()
Date: July 31, 2013 02:56PM

Why did Silas Burke move to Burke in the first place?

Posted by: Burkette ()
Date: July 31, 2013 06:35PM

Are you serious? Burke might have been nice in the 70s and 80s while it was growing, but now we are surrounded by Arabs who keep shit in their backyards and Asians who keep their lawn grass at 12 inches; when mowed there remains dead grass all over; Hispanics have multi-families living in single family homes. And yes, the whites are stuck up and actually have Giant trucks deliver food for them because they are too good to go shopping for themselves.

The WalMart sucks. Giant has no more than 2 cashiers at any given time. There are no good restaurants here. Have had items stolen from front yard.

Oh, yeah. Burke is a 'wonderful' to live! And I mean that sarcastically.

PS--yes, been here since '79.

Posted by: Fairfax Bob ()
Date: July 31, 2013 06:44PM

Giant post about Burke and not one mention of the thing it's most famous for....Burke Lake.

Posted by: VDR ()
Date: July 31, 2013 09:29PM

Fairfax Bob Wrote:
> Giant post about Burke and not one mention of the
> thing it's most famous for....Burke Lake.

Burke Lake is actually located in Fairfax Station.

Posted by: I'm corrected ()
Date: July 31, 2013 09:58PM

I thought it was named after Delta Burke.

Posted by: the guy you post about ()
Date: July 31, 2013 10:36PM

Fairfax Bob Wrote:
> Giant post about Burke and not one mention of the
> thing it's most famous for....Burke Lake.

and Glory Days

Posted by: Mr. Robertson ()
Date: July 31, 2013 11:00PM

By the way, Burke Lake Park and the lake is where the proposed airport was to be built.
Attachments:
Burke Airport Site Sale 1959.jpg

Date: July 31, 2013 11:01PM

Oops, let's try again for a better size.
Attachments:
Burke Airport Site Sale 1959.png

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: August 01, 2013 05:07AM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 04:20PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: The great thing about Burke ()
Date: August 01, 2013 07:26AM

I can't see it from Alexandria.

Posted by: Burkette ()
Date: August 01, 2013 04:44PM

Just remembered that FINALLY Burke was mentioned on NCIS about two years ago. Since that's the case, Burke should be the next Beverly Hills!

Posted by: West Springfield Dude ()
Date: August 01, 2013 08:41PM

There's Burke and there's Burke Town Center. Both are shit holes but old Burke has a scintilla of historic charm.

Posted by: burkite ()
Date: August 01, 2013 10:12PM

West Springfield Dude Wrote:
> There's Burke and there's Burke Town Center. Both
> are shit holes but old Burke has a scintilla of
> historic charm.

What is in Burke Town Center? The post office, fire station, garden center, and a couple shopping centers? Still not much of significance.

Posted by: West Springfield Dude ()
Date: August 01, 2013 10:34PM

burkite Wrote:
> West Springfield Dude Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There's Burke and there's Burke Town Center.
> Both
> > are shit holes but old Burke has a scintilla of
> > historic charm.
>
>
> What is in Burke Town Center? The post office,
> fire station, garden center, and a couple shopping
> centers? Still not much of significance.

You have it backwards. Where the post office and fire station is, *that* is old Burke. I didn't say there was anything of historical significance. There used to be but they pretty much bulldozed it back in the 80s when the Burke Lake bypass was built.

Posted by: selousscout ()
Date: August 01, 2013 11:13PM

Good original post and very informative, but I have to agree with Burkette. The post paints a too rosy picture of Burke. Burke is described as a so-called leafy suburb of DC, but it has lots of idle youth and underemployed immigrant guests engaged in questionable activity.

Posted by: Burkite ()
Date: August 01, 2013 11:18PM

Maybe I was incorrect but I always considered the Post Office to be the town center of Burke. Or alternately we sometimes referred to "downtown Burke" consisting of the same Post Office, fire station, garden center, etc. on Burke Road.

It’s critical that our local history be depicted accurately
Posted by: Corazon Sandoval Foley ()
Date: August 02, 2013 06:36AM

A recent PBS show referred to the “Politics of Memory” regarding the Civil War (like the maudlin “Gone with the Wind”) and it reminded me that such may also be the case with local history in Burke. In particular, this may be the reason why the Coffer family, a prominent early settler family whose respectable Burke history that started in 1728 has been ignored by the History Commission for so many years in the face of repeated citizen requests since at least the 1970s.

One has to wonder whether this local history omission resulted from the fact that prominent members of the Coffer family did not support the Confederacy’s policy on slavery and in fact, played key roles in the history of the two black communities in the Burke area. I should note that those two black communities in the Zion Drive area and in the Burke Lake Road area have largely disappeared and it is important to preserve their history for our grandchildren whose lives are inspired by Burke memories.

The Coffer family history started in 1728 with a land grant from Lord Fairfax, and included leadership service in the Truro Parish with George Washington, George Mason, American military service in the War of 1812 and trustee service in the founding of Fairfax city. Some Coffer family members did not support the Confederacy’s policy on slavery and a prominent member died as a captive of the Confederates in Richmond during the civil war. Their history deserves to be remembered as integral to the history of Burke, and of the American society.

I submitted a petition to honor the Coffer Home and the Coffer family’s history in Burke with over 1,000 signatures to Braddock Supervisor John Cook who told me that the History Commission was still studying the issue. So while the History Commission fiddles with an important local history issue in Burke, I have decided to make powerpoint presentations at the Pohick Library, the Burke Centre Library, the Burke 55ers, and the Burke/West Springfield Senior Center Without Walls. I am now working on a library conversation on “The War of 1812 and The Coffer Family of Burke, VA” to share with local residents the civic contributions of the Coffer family that we should honor with a historical marker in front of the Coffer Home in the Burke Conservancy.

I should also note that in the process of researching the Coffer Home and Little Zion Baptist Church, I found that the local history of one-room schoolhouses in Burke/West Springfield area is in error. The last one-room schoolhouse in operation in Fairfax County is not the historic Sydenstricker Schoolhouse that closed in 1939, but a colored school — and in our Burke area, it would be the Pearson Colored School that closed in 1945-46 and for which I am seeking another historical marker, along with the Little Zion Baptist Church. I would like to thank Lisa Becker who has done outstanding work in the research for the historic Sydenstricker Schoolhouse and who has been supportive of the local history research of our Burke/West Springfield Senior Center Without Walls. Ms. Becker has been helping me trace the last one-room schoolhouse in operation in Fairfax County, again without any help from the Fairfax County History Commission.

But I must ask again: why did the History Commission not provide Lisa Becker with support and research about one-room schoolhouses in Fairfax County? Surely, the Commission had the information about the closing dates of one-room schoolhouses in Fairfax County — or perhaps, instead of doing accurate research, the Commission has chosen to play the “Politics of Memory” and ignored the need for accurate local history that includes experiences of all residents of our Burke area.

I join Braddock Supervisor John Cook in waiting most patiently for the Fairfax County History Commission to do its assigned work, do accurate historical research, and honor The Coffer Family of Burke. It is time to honor the Coffer Family and the Coffer Home, the historic treasure of the Burke Conservancy.

Corazon Sandoval Foley, Burke

Posted by: <><><><><><><> ()
Date: August 02, 2013 08:11AM

Point well taken.

Posted by: MechTech ()
Date: August 02, 2013 03:06PM

Was Silas Burke related to the Burkes of Burke & Herbert Bank fame?

Date: August 02, 2013 09:18PM

Here's a picture of the original Burke fire station and the original Burke Lake Road from 1975. Across the street in one of the white houses was a general store, later turned into a 7-11.
Attachments:
Burke Original Fire Dept. 1975.PNG

Posted by: GeezerDude ()
Date: August 03, 2013 06:07PM

Mr. Robertson Wrote:
> Here's a picture of the original Burke fire
> station and the original Burke Lake Road from
> 1975. Across the street in one of the white houses
> was a general store, later turned into a 7-11.

The Original Fire House is the White Building with 8 dormers to the right of the pictured Fire House..

Carson's Trading Post was in the building on the left side , center, of the picture.. two dorners visable..

Brownie's Gulf is out of the picture to the left.. across 652 form Carsobs, Post Office was located in Brownies Gulf.. The Browns lived on the original 645 (Burke Lake Road) about half way to Braddock Rd..

Burke was defined by the Post Office.. as new subdivisions (Kings Park, Red Fox Forrest) were built in Burke the Post Office reesignated them as Springfield or Annandale because Burke PO did not have any walking carriers.

Posted by: Time Machine ()
Date: August 09, 2013 09:36PM

Wow didn't know that.

Posted by: a fan ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:19PM

Burke actually use to be quite famous, it was a favored vacation spot for DC folks trying to get out of the heat of the city. There use to be a racetrack that attracted horse racing enthusiasts from all over, even President McKinley and Vice President Teddy Roosevelt stabled their horses in Burke. The last battle of the Civil War was fought in Burke. The Copperthite family introduced the telephone to Burke, it's likely that the Burke House was the first home to have a telephone in it. The area where Burke Lake Park is was at one time farms and estates and was designated by President Eisenhower to be "Burke National Airport" before the citizens of Burke united to fight (and win) the battle to block the airport. It's a lovely community, it's quiet, it's cozy, I have no idea where these comments about snobbery come from, but I've never experienced that, I was transplanted here in 1998 and have had nothing but the best experiences.

Re: It’s critical that our local history be depicted accurately
Posted by: Karen ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:28PM

This is really interesting! I'd love to know more, I have fixated on the Burke's but with the intention of also looking for Coffer's. Would love to know more!

Date: November 19, 2014 02:29PM

a fan Wrote:
> The area where Burke Lake Park is was at one time
> farms and estates and was designated by President
> Eisenhower to be "Burke National Airport" before
> the citizens of Burke united to fight (and win)
> the battle to block the airport.

The role of local citizens in affecting the decision may have been overstated by many while concerns about rapid suburbanization and the loss of any ability at all to acquire additional land for future runway expansions may have been underplayed given that the latter aren't nearly as romantic as the former.

Posted by: Good Ole Days ()
Date: November 19, 2014 03:18PM

I miss Joe's Comic store that was over there. I used to travel to Burke all the time for that. Now there's the one over at that little mall next to George Mason.

Posted by: knowitall ()
Date: November 19, 2014 07:58PM

Last battle of civil war? Nah, your wrong. There was an early skirmish in Burke near kings park shopping center. I believe it was just west of it on Braddock rd

Date: November 19, 2014 09:27PM

The generally accepted "last battle" was fought at Palmito Ranch, Texas, on May 13, 1865. News did not travel quickly in those days. It was not until JUne 19, 1865, that union forces headed by Major General Gordon Granger arrived in Galveston with news that the war was over and the slaves were all free. The event is widely celebrated today as Juneteenth.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: November 19, 2014 11:50PM

Burke Village I has always been Merchants Tire, Giant and Hair Cuttery, There was a Pet Shop (Dr Doolittles), Hardware Store (Burke Hardware) Pepperoni Stick, Carvels, AV Electronics and a Sport Shop, I cant remember all the others, I know I am missing a few. Burke Village II was built after the Bridge was put in, prior to that there was a farm Market along the stretch before Bells Pond. I know there was a Cement Foundation along the tracks in that stretch that was on the hill, not sure if it was a well for the steam Trains? Burke Town Center had Amaco, Roys, Safeway, Dentist, ABC store, CVS, Glory Days and many others, I believe that was 5 forks. THe Marshall Cemetery is still there behind the fence for 7-11, the house was moved to dead mans curve, the path along the bamboo will take you to the old bridge that crossed to Andromeda? for the German Farm.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:11AM

Good Ole Days Wrote:
> I miss Joe's Comic store that was over there. I
> used to travel to Burke all the time for that. Now
> there's the one over at that little mall next to
> George Mason.

I think there’s a comic store in the City of Fairfax somewhere across Main St from Ole Town Hall

Date: November 20, 2014 12:19AM

causeican Wrote:
> Good Ole Days Wrote:
> -----
> > I miss Joe's Comic store that was over there. I
> > used to travel to Burke all the time for that.
> Now
> > there's the one over at that little mall next
> to
> > George Mason.
>
> I think there’s a comic store in the City of
> Fairfax somewhere across Main St from Ole Town
> Hall

I forgot about all those shops in the 7-11 shopping center. Brothers Pizza,
Dominion Savings and Loan was my first ever bank account

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:30AM

I grew up in Arlington and one night probably 1976 or so when we drove a friend home who recently moved to Burke, I thought we'd fallen off the face of the earth. All I remember was the 7-11 country store and darkness but we did find the one culdesac of townhouses somewhere in that dark country place. It was weird. Even now, whenever I happen upon that area, I only recall where I am - like a faded dream - by the faint recollection of the way that road dips and bends and heads straight for that 7-11. I think I’ve only been down there 2 or 3 times since that first night and each time it was unintentional. How do you get there anyway?

Date: November 20, 2014 12:45AM

causeican Wrote:
> I grew up in Arlington and one night probably 1976
> or so when we drove a friend home who recently
> moved to Burke, I thought we'd fallen off the face
> of the earth. All I remember was the 7-11 country
> store and darkness but we did find the one
> culdesac of townhouses somewhere in that dark
> country place. It was weird. Even now, whenever
> I happen upon that area, I only recall where I am
> - like a faded dream - by the faint recollection
> of the way that road dips and bends and heads
> straight for that 7-11. I think I’ve only been
> down there 2 or 3 times since that first night and
> each time it was unintentional. How do you get
> there anyway?

Only in your dreams, the roads have changed, its now REALLY off the beaten Path, a little like the houses off High, Gains, Lee and Jackson streets. The post office now occupies the lot, and the Firehouse is new, 9501 Old Burke lake road is the right spot. Ironically the Church, Train Station, Thrift shop is still the same building, but its been rotated a few times. But of course, you have just entered the Twilight Zone ;)

Posted by: Stewart ()
Date: November 20, 2014 09:43AM

There was a Cavalry skirmish at Arundell’s Tavern near Burke’s Station. At the corner of Burke lake Road and 123 next to Burke Lake. It was the last major Civil War action in Fairfax County.

Posted by: burke_kid ()
Date: November 20, 2014 11:23AM

Burke was nice about 25 years ago. Once Bradley's went out of business it was all down hill from there.

Posted by: it burns when i pee ()
Date: November 21, 2014 06:50AM

knowitall Wrote:
> Last battle of civil war? Nah, your wrong. There
> was an early skirmish in Burke near kings park
> shopping center. I believe it was just west of it
> on Braddock rd

It was called the bog wallow ambush in DEC 1861, that area used to be a swamp.

Posted by: Y3vGp ()
Date: November 22, 2014 09:10PM

there was very little in burke, sparse housing and nearly no businesses

UNTIL THE BITCH DEMOCRATS FROM THE 2000'S BEGAN TAKIGN TWO BILLION IN LOANS TO BUILD LUXURY HOUSING ON THE DOLE

AND NOW JUST SOUTH OF BURKER ARE PAYING BACK BRIBES LETTING ILLEGAL MEXICANS BUILD LUXURY HOMES BY THE HUNDRES IN SOUTH FAIRFAX

FUCK you i remember clear as a bell, history my ass

your "history of nice bedroom community with many stores" is a total fraud

Posted by: John F. Stanton. ()
Date: August 02, 2016 02:03AM

Everyone is very casual about the Cavalry skirmish at Burke. Did you ever try to find out what they were fighting about?
It so happened that the Confederates dispatched a man named Thomas F. Harney, from Richmond on April 2, to Blow up the White House. He traveled to Upperville where Mosby put a new Company together to escort him to Washington. Col. Charles Albright heard that there was a Rebel Force at Arundell's Tavern and sent the 8th Illinois Cav.to stop them. The explosive guy was captured and the Union never knew who they had.(He lived happily ever after)
This is a long story made short to fit your space. Did you know that Booth was ordered NOT TO SHOOT LINCOLN? That's another story, but it doesn't include Burke.(I can prove every word of this Post)

Posted by: Liz shadduck ()
Date: January 02, 2017 01:44PM

My grandparents used to live at 9409 Burke road which is the old White House shown in the 1975 picture of the old and new firehouse. My brothers and sisters and I used to walk the track and collect bottles to get money and buy candy at the old general store. I believe they've knocked down the house and there is a one level stone house next to the garden center there now. Good memories.

Posted by: K4T6d ()
Date: January 02, 2017 02:15PM

too many minivans to run off of the road there, and stupid prius fags.

Posted by: wasthepizzagood ()
Date: January 02, 2017 06:42PM

Dangerous roads and houses stacked on top of one another. Its a subdivision with a poorly managed jewel of a lake that was boxed in with two major roads. A lake like that here in the south should have been protected with 6 times the buffer they gave it - how many lakes you see in northern va? Burke lake road is basically 8 foot wide lanes with a 4 inch shoulder (the stripe).

Posted by: yourpizzasucks ()
Date: January 04, 2017 03:01PM

wasthepizzagood Wrote:
> Dangerous roads and houses stacked on top of one
> another. Its a subdivision with a poorly managed
> jewel of a lake that was boxed in with two major
> roads. A lake like that here in the south should
> have been protected with 6 times the buffer they
> gave it - how many lakes you see in northern va?
> Burke lake road is basically 8 foot wide lanes
> with a 4 inch shoulder (the stripe).

The 'two major roads' were already there when the man-made lake was created, you big dummy. And the water you see from Burke Lake Road is the tributary that feeds the lake.

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: January 04, 2017 07:53PM

Historian Wrote:
> If you live in Burke, there's a chance you may
> have had a conversation or two with your
> neighbors, family or friends about the little
> place you call home.
>
> Ask any resident how they would describe the
> community and the first words you’ll hear are
> “family-oriented,” “welcoming,”
> “community-centric.”
>
> But unlike some places nearby that are
> incorporated as cities and towns — like Herndon,
> Vienna or Fairfax City — Burke can be difficult
> for some locals to point out on a map, much less
> distinguish from other areas of Fairfax County.
>
> It might surprise some to learn some 41,055 people
> call Burke home.
>
>
>
> “When I moved to Burke, I thought more about
> location than history. But after a while, you
> learn that it has some interesting history. It’s
> not a manufactured 20th century town like most of
> the county, but a place with a long and colorful
> history,” Tom McFarland said on a post on the
> Burke Patch Facebook page.
>
>
>
> Though many of the historical places that once
> defined the community have disappeared, it’s
> inevitable residents will find reminders of
> Burke’s history sprinkled along the major roads,
> parks and businesses they visit daily.
>
>
>
> Whether or not residents connect with Burke’s
> history, they do have a distinct community, locals
> say; it may just be a bit harder to see.
>
> “Because Burke isn’t incorporated, I think its
> identity can be a little nebulous even to people
> who live here. But there’s a deep sense of Burke
> as a really great place to live that unites the
> old-timers who grew up here with the many who move
> here from all over the country and the world, and
> that makes it a true community. People may not
> know exactly what it is or what its boundaries
> are, but they identify with Burke," said Brian
> Slawski, chair of programs Chair for the Burke
> Historical Society (BHS).
> http://http//www.burkehistoricalsociety.org/
>
> Burke's name actually dates back as far as the
> 19th century, when it took its name from Col.
> Silas Burke, a farmer who built a house on a hill
> — now known as the Silas Burke House) — that
> overlooked Pohick Valley.
>
> "The house is located where the Orange and
> Alexandria Railroad was originally constructed.
> The railroad gave farmers access to markets in
> Alexandria and Washington, DC,” said Brian
> Historical Society (BHS). “Today, Burke
> residents still use the rail line brought by Silas
> Burke to commute to Alexandria and D.C. So,
> because of its history, Burke has retained much of
> the character of a country town in spite of always
> being strongly tied to its neighboring big
> cities.”
>
> Many of the streets, shopping areas and
> neighborhoods in the area have kept the name
> "Burke." Aside from the larger area itself, the
> Burke Centre Shopping Center, Burke Centre Town
> Plaza, Kings Park Shopping Center and the Burke
> Town Plaza all use the name.
>
> Burke Centre is one of the largest residential
> communities in Burke, with more than 5,800 homes
> on about 1,700 acres. Every fall, the community
> hosts the annual Burke Centre Festival, which
> celebrates their neighborhood and all other things
> Burke.
>
> Some other remnants from Burke's beginnings are
> things residents pass every day — there’s the
> Silas Burke House located off of Burke Lake Road,
> which was originally built in 1824 and rebuilt in
> 1854. And the Burke Nursery and Garden Center is
> on the former grounds of the old Copperthite Horse
> Race Track, which opened on July 4, 1908.
>
> “[It] entertained visitors from distances across
> the country, yet no evidence remains of its
> existence,” said Jon Vrana, president of the
> BHS.
>
> A fun fact: Burke was once the potential site of
> Dulles International Airport.
>
> For residents of Burke, though, history isn’t
> all that keeps them connected.
>
> “Burke is also its people. It’s a community of
> long-term residents and newcomers. Each brings a
> spirit of community and cooperation, very unique
> to the Washington, DC area,” Vrana said.
>
> That spirit of cooperation extends as much to
> residents as it does to the local organizations
> and causes that set them apart from other areas of
> Fairfax County, like the Burke Volunteer Fire
> Department (BVFD) and the Springfield/Burke Relay
> for Life.
>
> Back in June, Burke residents helped raise more
> than $160,000 for the Springfield/Burke Relay for
> Life at West Springfield High School. They also
> rallied behind a 9-year-old Burke child to raise
> more than $18,000 to help clean up the 2010 oil
> spill off of the Gulf Coast — just by setting up
> a lemonade stand and selling T-shirts online.
>
> “Burke is a collection of comfortable,
> residential communities ... each with its own
> personality, but all focused on friendly, livable
> communities,” said Braddock District Supervisor
> John Cook, whose office is located in Kings Park
> Library, one of three libraries in Burke.
>
> Burke might be known for its history, and its
> community, but neigh make it easy to explain
> exactly what makes Burke… well, Burke.
>
> And for that reason, it can be easy for the area
> to be forgotten as Fairfax County continues to
> grow and expand alongside areas like Tysons and
> Merrifield.
>
> Braddock District Supervisor John Cook says he
> believes the work his office does helps bring
> attention to the more important Burke issues.
> There are nearly 6,000 businesses in the greater
> Burke area, according to Census data, and Cook
> says redevelopment initiatives will help attract
> new shops and help existing ones grow.
>
> “I don’t find it challenging to advocate for
> my district, I find it enjoyable. We are bringing
> Burke- and Braddock-centered transportation
> initiatives to the top of the county list, worked
> with other supervisors to hold down proposed tax
> increases, and are working to fund school
> renovations in a responsible manner,” Cook
> said.
>
> There’s a lot of pride among residents and the
> community for the place they call home — even if
> they can't put a finger on what exactly that is
>
> “When I tell people about Burke, I explain it as
> "the best of both worlds." DC is extremely close
> and accessible, yet we live in a forested
> community with virtually no traffic in our
> neighborhood,” said David Flint on a post on the

Know I lived right across the street from that fucker from 1981 to 1996. Never went in it.

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: February 11, 2017 08:43PM

Video of a former Southern unit crossing over the former at-grade crossing for Burke Road, circa 1982: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXcCwvn4ZM

Video of a former Southern unit crossing over the former at-grade crossing for Burke Lake Road, circa 1984: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDk53PIkBwQ

Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: February 12, 2017 03:00PM

wasthepizzagood Wrote:
> Dangerous roads and houses stacked on top of one
> another. Its a subdivision with a poorly managed
> jewel of a lake that was boxed in with two major
> roads. A lake like that here in the south should
> have been protected with 6 times the buffer they
> gave it - how many lakes you see in northern va?
> Burke lake road is basically 8 foot wide lanes
> with a 4 inch shoulder (the stripe).

1. Accotink Lake
2. Burke Lake
3. Fox Lake
4. Lake Hatch
5. Huntsman Lake
6. Lake Accotink
7. Lake Anne
8. Lake Audubon
9. Lake Barcroft
10. Lake Barton
11. Lake Braddock
12. Lake Fairfax
13. Lake Newport
14. Lake Royal
15. Lake Thoreau
16. Mine Run Lake
17. North Twin Lake
18. South Twin Lake
19. Spring Lake
20. Timber Lake
21. Woodglen Lake
22. Woodover Farms Lake
23. Woodside Lake

Posted by: i hate lakes ()
Date: February 12, 2017 04:42PM

Lake Huron
Lake Ontario
Lake Michigan
Lake Erie
Lake Superior

I can name lakes, too!!

Whooptie doo. Who cares about lakes, anyway? They are just gross, disgusting cesspools with muddy bottoms and smelly fish and turtles.

I hope they drain all the lakes in the world.

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: February 13, 2017 11:26AM

Mr. Robertson Wrote:
> Oops, let's try again for a better size.

The govt screwed the landowners with the Airport deal.

The govt bought up land through eminent domain at pretty cheap prices.

Then, as seen on the 1959 announcement, after the decision was made to locate the Airport somewhere else, re-sold the land at a huge profit.

If the original landowners were allowed to hold on to the land until it going to be developed, they would have made a lot more $$$.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 11:26AM by phelpsmarc.

Posted by: not Burke ()
Date: February 14, 2017 12:25AM

Historian Wrote:
> If you live in Burke, there's a chance you may
> have had a conversation or two with your
> neighbors, family or friends about the little
> place you call home.
>
> Ask any resident how they would describe the
> community and the first words you’ll hear are
> “family-oriented,” “welcoming,”
> “community-centric.”
>
> But unlike some places nearby that are
> incorporated as cities and towns — like Herndon,
> Vienna or Fairfax City — Burke can be difficult
> for some locals to point out on a map, much less
> distinguish from other areas of Fairfax County.
>
> It might surprise some to learn some 41,055 people
> call Burke home.
>
>
>
> “When I moved to Burke, I thought more about
> location than history. But after a while, you
> learn that it has some interesting history. It’s
> not a manufactured 20th century town like most of
> the county, but a place with a long and colorful
> history,” Tom McFarland said on a post on the
>
>
>
> Though many of the historical places that once
> defined the community have disappeared, it’s
> inevitable residents will find reminders of
> Burke’s history sprinkled along the major roads,
> parks and businesses they visit daily.
>
>
>
> Whether or not residents connect with Burke’s
> history, they do have a distinct community, locals
> say; it may just be a bit harder to see.
>
> “Because Burke isn’t incorporated, I think its
> identity can be a little nebulous even to people
> who live here. But there’s a deep sense of Burke
> as a really great place to live that unites the
> old-timers who grew up here with the many who move
> here from all over the country and the world, and
> that makes it a true community. People may not
> know exactly what it is or what its boundaries
> are, but they identify with Burke," said Brian
> Historical Society (BHS).
> http://http//www.burkehistoricalsociety.org/
>
> Burke's name actually dates back as far as the
> 19th century, when it took its name from Col.
> Silas Burke, a farmer who built a house on a hill
> — now known as the Silas Burke House) — that
> overlooked Pohick Valley.
>
> "The house is located where the Orange and
> Alexandria Railroad was originally constructed.
> The railroad gave farmers access to markets in
> Alexandria and Washington, DC,” said Brian
> Historical Society (BHS). “Today, Burke
> residents still use the rail line brought by Silas
> Burke to commute to Alexandria and D.C. So,
> because of its history, Burke has retained much of
> the character of a country town in spite of always
> being strongly tied to its neighboring big
> cities.”
>
> Many of the streets, shopping areas and
> neighborhoods in the area have kept the name
> "Burke." Aside from the larger area itself, the
> Burke Centre Shopping Center, Burke Centre Town
> Plaza, Kings Park Shopping Center and the Burke
> Town Plaza all use the name.
>
> Burke Centre is one of the largest residential
> communities in Burke, with more than 5,800 homes
> on about 1,700 acres. Every fall, the community
> hosts the annual Burke Centre Festival, which
> celebrates their neighborhood and all other things
> Burke.
>
> Some other remnants from Burke's beginnings are
> things residents pass every day — there’s the
> Silas Burke House located off of Burke Lake Road,
> which was originally built in 1824 and rebuilt in
> 1854. And the Burke Nursery and Garden Center is
> on the former grounds of the old Copperthite Horse
> Race Track, which opened on July 4, 1908.
>
> “[It] entertained visitors from distances across
> the country, yet no evidence remains of its
> existence,” said Jon Vrana, president of the
> BHS.
>
> A fun fact: Burke was once the potential site of
> Dulles International Airport.
>
> For residents of Burke, though, history isn’t
> all that keeps them connected.
>
> “Burke is also its people. It’s a community of
> long-term residents and newcomers. Each brings a
> spirit of community and cooperation, very unique
> to the Washington, DC area,” Vrana said.
>
> That spirit of cooperation extends as much to
> residents as it does to the local organizations
> and causes that set them apart from other areas of
> Fairfax County, like the Burke Volunteer Fire
> Department (BVFD) and the Springfield/Burke Relay
> for Life.
>
> Back in June, Burke residents helped raise more
> than $160,000 for the Springfield/Burke Relay for
> Life at West Springfield High School. They also
> rallied behind a 9-year-old Burke child to raise
> more than $18,000 to help clean up the 2010 oil
> spill off of the Gulf Coast — just by setting up
> a lemonade stand and selling T-shirts online.
>
> “Burke is a collection of comfortable,
> residential communities ... each with its own
> personality, but all focused on friendly, livable
> communities,” said Braddock District Supervisor
> John Cook, whose office is located in Kings Park
> Library, one of three libraries in Burke.
>
> Burke might be known for its history, and its
> community, but neigh make it easy to explain
> exactly what makes Burke… well, Burke.
>
> And for that reason, it can be easy for the area
> to be forgotten as Fairfax County continues to
> grow and expand alongside areas like Tysons and
> Merrifield.
>
> Braddock District Supervisor John Cook says he
> believes the work his office does helps bring
> attention to the more important Burke issues.
> There are nearly 6,000 businesses in the greater
> Burke area, according to Census data, and Cook
> says redevelopment initiatives will help attract
> new shops and help existing ones grow.
>
> “I don’t find it challenging to advocate for
> my district, I find it enjoyable. We are bringing
> Burke- and Braddock-centered transportation
> initiatives to the top of the county list, worked
> with other supervisors to hold down proposed tax
> increases, and are working to fund school
> renovations in a responsible manner,” Cook
> said.
>
> There’s a lot of pride among residents and the
> community for the place they call home — even if
> they can't put a finger on what exactly that is
>
> “When I tell people about Burke, I explain it as
> "the best of both worlds." DC is extremely close
> and accessible, yet we live in a forested
> community with virtually no traffic in our
> neighborhood,” said David Flint on a post on the

How do you get off calling Burke Centre part of Burke? Burke Centre is an entirely separate hamlet/place/census designated place or whatever, just as is Fairfax Station, Springfield, Seven Corners, Franconia, Lincolnia, Shirlington, Fairlington, and Newington.

Date: March 05, 2017 03:37PM

not Burke Wrote:
> Historian Wrote:
> -----
> > If you live in Burke, there's a chance you may
> > have had a conversation or two with your
> > neighbors, family or friends about the little
> > place you call home.
> >
> > Ask any resident how they would describe the
> > community and the first words you’ll hear are
> > “family-oriented,” “welcoming,”
> > “community-centric.”
> >
> > But unlike some places nearby that are
> > incorporated as cities and towns — like
> Herndon,
> > Vienna or Fairfax City — Burke can be
> difficult
> > for some locals to point out on a map, much
> less
> > distinguish from other areas of Fairfax
> County.
> >
> > It might surprise some to learn some 41,055
> people
> > call Burke home.
> >
> >
> >
> > “When I moved to Burke, I thought more about
> > location than history. But after a while, you
> > learn that it has some interesting history.
> It’s
> > not a manufactured 20th century town like most
> of
> > the county, but a place with a long and
> colorful
> > history,” Tom McFarland said on a post on the
> > Burke Patch Facebook page.
> >
> >
> >
> > Though many of the historical places that once
> > defined the community have disappeared, it’s
> > inevitable residents will find reminders of
> > Burke’s history sprinkled along the major
> roads,
> > parks and businesses they visit daily.
> >
> >
> >
> > Whether or not residents connect with Burke’s
> > history, they do have a distinct community,
> locals
> > say; it may just be a bit harder to see.
> >
> > “Because Burke isn’t incorporated, I think
> its
> > identity can be a little nebulous even to
> people
> > who live here. But there’s a deep sense of
> Burke
> > as a really great place to live that unites the
> > old-timers who grew up here with the many who
> move
> > here from all over the country and the world,
> and
> > that makes it a true community. People may not
> > know exactly what it is or what its boundaries
> > are, but they identify with Burke," said Brian
> > Slawski, chair of programs Chair for the Burke
> > Historical Society (BHS).
> > http://http//www.burkehistoricalsociety.org/
> >
> > Burke's name actually dates back as far as the
> > 19th century, when it took its name from Col.
> > Silas Burke, a farmer who built a house on a
> hill
> > — now known as the Silas Burke House) —
> that
> > overlooked Pohick Valley.
> >
> > "The house is located where the Orange and
> > Alexandria Railroad was originally constructed.
> > The railroad gave farmers access to markets in
> > Alexandria and Washington, DC,” said Brian
> > Slawski, chair of programs Chair for the Burke
> > Historical Society (BHS). “Today, Burke
> > residents still use the rail line brought by
> Silas
> > Burke to commute to Alexandria and D.C. So,
> > because of its history, Burke has retained much
> of
> > the character of a country town in spite of
> always
> > being strongly tied to its neighboring big
> > cities.”
> >
> > Many of the streets, shopping areas and
> > neighborhoods in the area have kept the name
> > "Burke." Aside from the larger area itself, the
> > Burke Centre Shopping Center, Burke Centre Town
> > Plaza, Kings Park Shopping Center and the Burke
> > Town Plaza all use the name.
> >
> > Burke Centre is one of the largest residential
> > communities in Burke, with more than 5,800
> homes
> > on about 1,700 acres. Every fall, the community
> > hosts the annual Burke Centre Festival, which
> > celebrates their neighborhood and all other
> things
> > Burke.
> >
> > Some other remnants from Burke's beginnings are
> > things residents pass every day — there’s
> the
> > Silas Burke House located off of Burke Lake
> Road,
> > which was originally built in 1824 and rebuilt
> in
> > 1854. And the Burke Nursery and Garden Center
> is
> > on the former grounds of the old Copperthite
> Horse
> > Race Track, which opened on July 4, 1908.
> >
> > “[It] entertained visitors from distances
> across
> > the country, yet no evidence remains of its
> > existence,” said Jon Vrana, president of the
> > BHS.
> >
> > A fun fact: Burke was once the potential site
> of
> > Dulles International Airport.
> >
> > For residents of Burke, though, history isn’t
> > all that keeps them connected.
> >
> > “Burke is also its people. It’s a community
> of
> > long-term residents and newcomers. Each brings
> a
> > spirit of community and cooperation, very
> unique
> > to the Washington, DC area,” Vrana said.
> >
> > That spirit of cooperation extends as much to
> > residents as it does to the local organizations
> > and causes that set them apart from other areas
> of
> > Fairfax County, like the Burke Volunteer Fire
> > Department (BVFD) and the Springfield/Burke
> Relay
> > for Life.
> >
> > Back in June, Burke residents helped raise more
> > than $160,000 for the Springfield/Burke Relay
> for
> > Life at West Springfield High School. They also
> > rallied behind a 9-year-old Burke child to
> raise
> > more than $18,000 to help clean up the 2010 oil
> > spill off of the Gulf Coast — just by setting
> up
> > a lemonade stand and selling T-shirts online.
> >
> > “Burke is a collection of comfortable,
> > residential communities ... each with its own
> > personality, but all focused on friendly,
> livable
> > communities,” said Braddock District
> Supervisor
> > John Cook, whose office is located in Kings
> Park
> > Library, one of three libraries in Burke.
> >
> > Burke might be known for its history, and its
> > community, but neigh make it easy to explain
> > exactly what makes Burke… well, Burke.
> >
> > And for that reason, it can be easy for the
> area
> > to be forgotten as Fairfax County continues to
> > grow and expand alongside areas like Tysons and
> > Merrifield.
> >
> > Braddock District Supervisor John Cook says he
> > believes the work his office does helps bring
> > attention to the more important Burke issues.
> > There are nearly 6,000 businesses in the
> greater
> > Burke area, according to Census data, and Cook
> > says redevelopment initiatives will help
> attract
> > new shops and help existing ones grow.
> >
> > “I don’t find it challenging to advocate
> for
> > my district, I find it enjoyable. We are
> bringing
> > Burke- and Braddock-centered transportation
> > initiatives to the top of the county list,
> worked
> > with other supervisors to hold down proposed
> tax
> > increases, and are working to fund school
> > renovations in a responsible manner,” Cook
> > said.
> >
> > There’s a lot of pride among residents and
> the
> > community for the place they call home — even
> if
> > they can't put a finger on what exactly that is
> >
> > “When I tell people about Burke, I explain it
> as
> > "the best of both worlds." DC is extremely
> close
> > and accessible, yet we live in a forested
> > community with virtually no traffic in our
> > neighborhood,” said David Flint on a post on
> the
> > Burke Patch Facebook page.
>
> How do you get off calling Burke Centre part of
> Burke? Burke Centre is an entirely separate
> hamlet/place/census designated place or whatever,
> just as is Fairfax Station, Springfield, Seven
> Corners, Franconia, Lincolnia, Shirlington,
> Fairlington, and Newington.

According to Google Maps, the neighborhoods along Huntsman Blvd are part of Burke.

Posted by: Burke sucks it ()
Date: March 05, 2017 03:41PM

West Springfield is better.

Date: March 05, 2017 11:24PM

Liz shadduck Wrote:
> My grandparents used to live at 9409 Burke road
> which is the old White House shown in the 1975
> picture of the old and new firehouse. My brothers
> and sisters and I used to walk the track and
> collect bottles to get money and buy candy at the
> old general store. I believe they've knocked down
> the house and there is a one level stone house
> next to the garden center there now. Good
> memories.

I am pretty sure the house you are talking about is gone and the lot is Vacant, It was used by the jaycees for a Haunted House a year or 2 until it burned down. The one next to that was the Hotel and used as a Hospital during the war, the one level house it still there next to the Nursery, after the Nursery is the Marshall house rebuilt and relocated from the intersection. The other house where the post office is currently was moved across the tracks.

Posted by: Couldn't Afford Burke ()
Date: March 06, 2017 12:03AM

Burke sucks it Wrote:
> West Springfield is better.

Says the loser at life who really wanted to live in Burke but couldn't afford it and had to buy in Springfield lol.

Posted by: Blam ()
Date: March 06, 2017 12:16AM

Avoid the Renzis

--------------------------------------
DAMN!

Posted by: MS-13 Hood ()
Date: March 06, 2017 02:54AM

Burke sucks it Wrote:
> West Springfield is better.

Are your MS-13 neighbors cool?

Posted by: Just Asking ()
Date: March 06, 2017 08:52AM

Does Burke have an Arthur Treachers?
(Someone had to ask)

Date: March 06, 2017 09:28PM

MS-13 Hood Wrote:
> Burke sucks it Wrote:
> -----
> > West Springfield is better.
>
> Are your MS-13 neighbors cool?

What MS-13?

Posted by: W. Springfielder ()
Date: March 06, 2017 09:32PM

Nah. My house in W. Springfield is worth more than the cookie-cutter vinyl shitboxes found in Burke.

Date: July 08, 2017 12:24PM

Map of what could have been Burke International Airport.
Attachments:
Burke International Airport map.jpg

Re: It’s critical that our local history be depicted accurately
Posted by: Price's Ordinary ()
Date: August 22, 2017 04:36PM

bUMP

Date: October 16, 2017 07:20PM

Greater Greater Washington did an article on Burke International Airport. It is a good read: https://ggwash.org/view/64277/how-burke-battled-congress-and-the-president-to-turn-away-dulles-airport

Posted by: Brock Lesnar ()
Date: May 22, 2018 02:32PM

Can anyone tell me a bit of history on that bank robbery turned suicide by gun incident at Kings Park Shopping Center back in the late 90's?

Posted by: Capt.Obvious ()
Date: May 22, 2018 02:38PM

Brock Lesnar Wrote:
> Can anyone tell me a bit of history on that bank
> robbery turned suicide by gun incident at Kings
> Park Shopping Center back in the late 90's?

Some guy robbed a bank. Then killed himself. It was at the Kings Park Shopping Center back in the late 90s.

Date: May 22, 2018 02:41PM

Capt.Obvious Wrote:
> Brock Lesnar Wrote:
> -----
> > Can anyone tell me a bit of history on that
> bank
> > robbery turned suicide by gun incident at Kings
> > Park Shopping Center back in the late 90's?
>
>
> Some guy robbed a bank. Then killed himself. It
> was at the Kings Park Shopping Center back in the
> late 90s.

Sauce?

Date: July 21, 2018 04:21AM

Why is there a lot of green space at the intersection of Sideburn Road and New Guinea Road?

And why is there a slip lane at the intersection of New Guinea Road and Corot Court?

It looks like they wanted to expand New Guinea Road to 4 lanes at one point.

Posted by: tucej ()
Date: July 21, 2018 04:42PM

Total liar

Burke was %99 tree and %1 old farm houses until Bill Clinton got in office.

Springfield was the County (burke was not a town, not enough population to qualify for that)

That's too recent to be considered "history".

Posted by: Jackss ()
Date: July 23, 2018 10:25AM

Perhaps you will be interested to read a great historical resource for self-education. I've decided at this point to study the impact of women on American history and read about Eliza Hamilton. She was the wife of the American figure Alexander Hamilton. Read, I'm sure you will be interested.

Posted by: TheAntiChrist ()
Date: July 23, 2018 11:08AM

I hear there is a pretty nifty Satanic group being run in the Old Keene Mill sector of Burke! Very exciting stuff! Hail Satan! After all, The Anti Christ does live in Northern Virginia!
Attachments:
IMG_8332.JPG

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.