HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mobile homes in Fairfax county
Posted by: Laura P.- ()
Date: July 20, 2013 02:57PM

Should I move to a mobile home? whats the pros and cons about mobile homes? My husband lived in a mobile home for a while and sold it because the area wasn't very nice. So we give the mobile home a second change? do you know someone that live there and likes them

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mobile homes in Fairfax county
Posted by: Mary Short ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:02PM

I would buy only if you'll also own the land and think it will be sold in the future for redevelopment.

Posted by: you must be joking ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:11PM

There are no mobile homes in Fairfax county. Don't think they are allowed by the zoning ordinances. Even if you owned the land it is probably illegal to live in one unless it was a camping trailer parked in someone's driveway.

There might be some mobile homes in Loudoun or Prince William though.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:31PM

you must be joking Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are no mobile homes in Fairfax county.

Meadows of Chantilly.

Posted by: Nicdoot ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:43PM

There is only one mobile home park I know of and that is West of Wal Mart off Hwy 29.

Posted by: ex-Lester ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:45PM

Waples Mills is rental.

Posted by: section 9 sharon ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:51PM

What about checking out the luxury condos provided by the liberals on the BOS?

Posted by: Some Thoughts ()
Date: July 20, 2013 04:15PM

I can't imagine living in one, but some people love it. Meadows of Chantilly - good points - they have strict screening standards which keeps out the worst of the riff-raff, they have a guarded entrance, many of the owners make a real effort to keep up their homes, the common elements and amenities are nice, and the mobile home costs are relatively cheap. Bad points - the monthly rental land cost is REALLY high, the lots are small, parts of the area are really crappy, they have a real issue with feral cats, and it can be difficult to rent out your trailer or sell it because of the strict screening standards. And if you can't rent or sell, you're still stuck with the monthly land rental costs.

In terms of mobile home living...the walls are basically plastic, which makes hanging things like drapes and pictures difficult if not impossible, affordable homes are dinky, and - above all - a mobile home just does not feel like a 'real' home.

If I were you I would check out some mobile homes before making a commitment. You will probably either love it or hate it. Hope that helps.

Posted by: 6CHPT ()
Date: July 20, 2013 04:21PM

There are two trailer parks in Fairfax City

Posted by: better idea ()
Date: July 20, 2013 04:42PM

Mobile homes, especially in trailer parks, are the worst of all worlds. They are small, cramped, no privacy, and have high monthly fees/land rental.

On the other hand, if you leave the wheels on and add an engine you are in a different world. Get a RV instead. RV's can be comparable size, but are free to move around. You do not have $800 monthly site rental fees. They can be parked in RV resorts, campgrounds, Wal Marts, relative's driveways, backyards, and in some jurisdictions even on the side of the road. If you don't like the neighbors, just start the engine and drive somewhere else.

A brand new luxury RV can cost more than a house--maybe not a house in Fairfax--but smaller and used models are available for as little as $5,000 for something that is still decent and reliable.

Get an RV.

Posted by: Guy Who Seen MObile House ()
Date: July 20, 2013 04:45PM

There is a mobile home place off of rte 1 in Alexandria near Frytown Rd. The area is ruled by savages. Do not move there. Better to buy a house in a rural area and commute.

Posted by: no_way ()
Date: July 20, 2013 09:09PM

So there are TWO trailer parks in Fairfax County? Damn what is the world coming to?

Chantilly and Rt 1? I never suspected and now I've got to go see them for myself, and take some pictures of the trailer trash that inhabit them, lol

Posted by: scifi ()
Date: July 20, 2013 10:05PM

I thought they all got blown away by tornados back in the 80s. Back in the day I worked with a guy who lived in a trailer park near Multiplex Cinemas on Route 1, not exactly high class, but safer to walk around than the apartment complexes around there.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: July 20, 2013 10:07PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 04:12PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: RustyNail ()
Date: July 20, 2013 10:39PM

Posted by: Another One ()
Date: July 20, 2013 10:54PM

There's also "Woodley Hills Estates", which is restricted to lower income families. I lived in a trailer park by Richmond Square (Belford Manor back then) decades ago when this was built, and they offered to relocate all of the existing homes there.

I moved elsewhere instead, but it was a pretty decent upgrade for my old neighbors.
Attachments:
Trailers.jpg

Posted by: Jim Lahey ()
Date: July 22, 2013 12:28AM

Do it !!!

Then you can be just like Ricky, Julian and Bubbles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo9Ip9FHODo

Posted by: 20july1944 ()
Date: February 09, 2014 05:46PM

You say 'unless you're parking an RV in someone else's driveway'. That is exactly what I'm thinking of doing -- allowing a friend to park his RV in my driveway. I'd love to know that is legal or what the requirements are.

Posted by: XUYYm ()
Date: February 09, 2014 06:00PM

All of the streets in the Meadows of Chantilly trailer park are named after air lines.

Posted by: Live your own life ()
Date: February 09, 2014 06:19PM

Meadows of Chantilly

https://maps.google.com/?ll=38.897797,-77.451553&spn=0.007223,0.013154&t=h&z=17

Mobile home park Fairfax

https://maps.google.com/?ll=38.849631,-77.334293&spn=0.003614,0.006577&t=h&z=18&iwloc=lyrftr:h,9140932837396530682,38.852141,-77.332721

Living in a mobile home is about what one thinks is important. You will always have dickheads that claim you are trash because you live in a trailer, but that is just their opinion. Yes, it is uncommon in this area, but in other areas it is very common. I would much rather live in a mobile home on a nice large piece of property than in a fucking townhouse in Fairlakes. What it comes down to is what you want. Fuck what other people think, especially in this area with people who are snooty, conceited and have a fucked up view of reality. I know for a fact that their are middle income Federal Government workers that live in the Meadows of Chantilly. They are decent hard working people who just do not want to live in apartments or subject themselves to becoming pawns in the stupid realty farce that is Northern Virginia.

Posted by: you must be stupid dem. ()
Date: February 09, 2014 06:42PM

RTE 1 SOUTH,AND EAST ALEX VA.YOU MUST BE STUPID,OR LOW INFO MOFO!

Posted by: I did it ()
Date: February 09, 2014 07:11PM

I lied in Waples for about 2 years. I did own the trailer (one of the few double-wides), although had to rent the land. At the time the lot rent was $645/mo 2008-2010. Waples and several in Manassas are managed by AJ Dwoskin, A TOTAL ASS! Not sure who manages Meadows of Chantilly.

Posted by: VVjHKVVjHK ()
Date: February 10, 2014 09:20PM

when the democrats come to rob yo the mobile home opens like a tin can

--------------------------------
there was a mobile home park a friend of mine his family was raised in

fairfax closed it syaing it was an eye sore

fairfax later erected "the bank of fairfax county" where they seized the land

which to me, is an eye sore, an obamanation, of public trust

--------------------------
so i can just point my finger and say "hey that park land should be mine" and "hey your family is where we want our bank to be" and use the court system to force you out of your famliy home which is already a crackerbox ?

no thanks. don't get near me with the skeletons in your closet.

Posted by: ffxva ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:05PM

AJ Dwoskin owns the Waples Mobile Home park. He is a developer and his company also owns a lot of the surrounding shopping centers. Clearly he is leasing out the land to make money off of it until he can do something better with it (or maybe sell it to the county).

If you lease land at a mobile home park, keep in mind this land is going to be redeveloped at some point. This isn't like buying a home. You are signing a contractual agreement (lease) with the knowledge that you may not get to live there for decades and decades to come. This is your decision.

The Waples Mobile Home Park is on valuable land near some major commuting roads. The Fairfax Center area and Fairfax City are making plans for revitalization over the coming years.

Personally, I think mobile home parks along main roadways are eyesores in an area where homeowners spend a lot for their land. I can't wait to see these homes get relocated and for something more useful to the surrounding residents to be built there. And I absolutely don't want to hear any whining about the residents being displaced. It's not some big secret that they signed a lease with a developer and that they might have to move at some point. Get over it. I dealt with a lot of unexpected moves and inconveniences as a renter. That's why I am now a homeowner.

Posted by: former mv'er ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:25PM

I remember a trailer park where the old drive in movie theater was, which then became the multiplex, which is now a COSTCO. The trailer park was right next it. Does that even exist still? Damn, can't remember the name of it.

Posted by: MV Fan ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:27PM

There's a mobile home park on Richmond Highway, called Audobon Estates, been there for many years, at least 50. It is a viable alternative to the outrageous cost of homes in the area, but you have to figure that the rent for the land and the cost of the mobile home are going to end up being pretty steep. Not sure how they are taxed, if at all.

Growing up I knew a number of kids that lived there, some were great some were destined to be drains on society, guess like any other lower income area.

I think it is becoming more and more populated by Latinos, and no, not necessarily illegal aliens.But, from what I can tell most of them are hard working and often end up moving down to Stafford County somewhere where they can buy a townhouse, classic American Dream.

Posted by: Lonely Rolls ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:53PM

Live your own life Wrote:
> Meadows of Chantilly
>
> https://maps.google.com/?ll=38.897797,-77.451553&s
> pn=0.007223,0.013154&t=h&z=17
>
>
> Mobile home park Fairfax
>
> https://maps.google.com/?ll=38.849631,-77.334293&s
> pn=0.003614,0.006577&t=h&z=18&iwloc=lyrftr:h,91409
> 32837396530682,38.852141,-77.332721
>
>
> Living in a mobile home is about what one thinks
> is important. You will always have dickheads that
> claim you are trash because you live in a trailer,
> but that is just their opinion. Yes, it is
> uncommon in this area, but in other areas it is
> very common. I would much rather live in a mobile
> home on a nice large piece of property than in a
> fucking townhouse in Fairlakes. What it comes
> down to is what you want. Fuck what other people
> think, especially in this area with people who are
> snooty, conceited and have a fucked up view of
> reality. I know for a fact that their are middle
> income Federal Government workers that live in the
> Meadows of Chantilly. They are decent hard
> working people who just do not want to live in
> apartments or subject themselves to becoming pawns
> in the stupid realty farce that is Northern
> Virginia.

Agreed. There are some very nice mobile homes manufactured today. Meadows wanted $200k+ for one back in 2005. They're $50k now I think. If the lots weren't so small and the rent wasn't so outrageous at Meadows, I'd likely be living there.

Posted by: The General Consensus ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:42PM

Just say NO to Fairfax County mobile homes!

This area in and around 29 is vastly in need of redevelopment, and it will likely be occurring over the next decade. Thanks to the increasing value of real estate and influx of new residents as part of the NVHome development, this Waples mobile home trailer park, storage facilities, and desolate, suffering strip mall stores will go the way of the dodo in the not so distant future.

Posted by: not Billy ()
Date: February 12, 2014 04:58PM

30 minutes from the wilson bridge you'll find a hand full of trailer parks in maryland. average lot rent $650, also maryland has laws to protect the the people from being dumped on the street when the land is resold. The trailer park has to pay for the move and a few months of rent.

Posted by: PWTTPR ()
Date: February 12, 2014 05:05PM

ffxva Wrote:
> AJ Dwoskin owns the Waples Mobile Home park. He
> is a developer and his company also owns a lot of
> the surrounding shopping centers. Clearly he is
> leasing out the land to make money off of it until
> he can do something better with it (or maybe sell
> it to the county).
>
> If you lease land at a mobile home park, keep in
> mind this land is going to be redeveloped at some
> point. This isn't like buying a home. You are
> signing a contractual agreement (lease) with the
> knowledge that you may not get to live there for
> decades and decades to come. This is your
> decision.
>
> The Waples Mobile Home Park is on valuable land
> near some major commuting roads. The Fairfax
> Center area and Fairfax City are making plans for
> revitalization over the coming years.
>
> Personally, I think mobile home parks along main
> roadways are eyesores in an area where homeowners
> spend a lot for their land. I can't wait to see
> these homes get relocated and for something more
> useful to the surrounding residents to be built
> there. And I absolutely don't want to hear any
> whining about the residents being displaced. It's
> not some big secret that they signed a lease with
> a developer and that they might have to move at
> some point. Get over it. I dealt with a lot of
> unexpected moves and inconveniences as a renter.
> That's why I am now a homeowner.

They were there first fucktard. Shut your whiney Wegmans shopping as up. Double Wide for Life beeeotch!

Posted by: Wegmans4Ever ()
Date: February 12, 2014 08:35PM

> They were there first fucktard.

So were the indians.

Which reminds me of a bad joke.

Why were the indians here first?

They had reservations. (pause for applause)

But anyway, like a loaned out watch, the folks in the double wides are on
borrowed time.

Wegmans > Wal-Mart!

1,000 variations of cheese, kobe beef and truffles 4ever!

Posted by: ffxva ()
Date: February 12, 2014 09:27PM

No they (the trailer park residents) weren't there first. The developer who bought the land was there first. When you choose the flexibility that comes along with renting, you have to deal with the instability that comes with someone else owning the land.

Why are very basic concepts lost on people on this board?

Also, Wegman's is infinitely superior to a trailer park, so that was a stupid comment.

Posted by: Cousin Eddie ()
Date: February 12, 2014 09:32PM

Attachments:
condor4.png

Posted by: That's the fact, Jack! ()
Date: February 12, 2014 09:35PM

WHat you want to get is the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle
Attachments:
EM-50-Urban-Assault-Vehicle1.jpg

Posted by: GerryPanderer2 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:31PM

The biggest con to living in a mobile home is that elitist liberals like GerryManderer2 will look down their snobby noses at you, stereotype you, and call you degrading names. Wait, maybe that's a pro.

Posted by: trailer king ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:49PM

GerryPanderer2 Wrote:
> The biggest con to living in a mobile home is that
> elitist liberals like GerryManderer2 will look
> down their snobby noses at you, stereotype you,
> and call you degrading names. Wait, maybe that's a
> pro.

No asshat, its the fright wing conservatards who call us societal parasites while looking down the hoods of their BMWs. Crawl back to the shallow end of the gene pool, skidmark.

Posted by: GerryPanderer2 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 11:04PM

trailer king Wrote:

> No asshat, its the fright wing conservatards who
> call us societal parasites while looking down the
> hoods of their BMWs. Crawl back to the shallow end
> of the gene pool, skidmark.

Do you like being GerryManderer2's little bitch? Do you also hate the Jews? If I'm from the shallow end why am I smarter, richer, and better looking than you?

And I know plenty of libs that drive BMW's. I happen to drive a 90's full size domestic pickup truck. Who gives a fuck? Oh yeah, liberals care.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.