HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BAD APARTMENT RATINGS_POLICY
Date: July 17, 2013 03:47PM

ALERT!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!!

PARKING FIASCO TARGETING GUESTS!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE WHO DATES OR HAS FREQUENT VISITORS SHOULD READ THIS AND TAKE HEED!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT AN EASYGOING PLACE TO MOVE. I SAY THAT, BECAUSE YOUR FREQUENT GUESTS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO END UP PAYING EXORBITANT TOWING FEES!

There is extremely limited “GUEST” parking at Amberleigh. Anyone saying that parking for guests is “ample” is not telling the truth and/or is an idiot; likely both.

At least 95% of the spaces are not marked on the parking surface or by signage. If a visitor parks in an unmarked space (the vast majority of spaces) or in a space painted “RESERVED” without WRITTEN PERMISSION from management (in the form of a PASS), the guest’s vehicle will be TOWED. You didn’t know that an unmarked space means “YOU WILL BE TOWED” did you? Most visitors don’t.

“RESERVED” spaces are costly and are provided only to residents.

The rest of the available parking spaces at Amberleigh, which are extremely limited in number, are imprinted with the term “GUEST” on the parking surface. Walks of up to 4 blocks to find a “GUEST” space are common. “GUEST” is a misnomer. Visitors are apparently not welcome. “GUEST” parking is for “temporary guests” (THIS MEANS FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY). Residents who desire to extend guest parking for more than one night must get a pass before 6:00 PM Monday-Friday or before 5 PM Saturday and Sunday. This is extremely inconvenient arrangement for people that work. It is impossible for many, especially those who make or change plans during the evening hours.

What this means people, is that visitors without a pass, who park in a "GUEST" spot at night, leave during the day, and then come back the next night, ARE TOWED if they park ANYWHERE on Amberleigh property the second night. Yes….ANYWHERE!!!! That includes other “GUEST” parking spaces. Photos are taken of cars and license plates nightly, primarily in “GUEST” parking areas and ostensibly, of any car that is TOWED. This is done for documentation purposes. Amberleigh management and the towing company must gleefully proclaim that they will “get you” sooner or later if you visit people that live there, or at least that’s in my rear view mirror.

TOWING is $125.00. An “after hours” fee of $25 is also added for a TOTAL of $150.00 in TOWING/After Hours charges. They tow principally at night, ostensibly, so as not to be seen. The TOWING Company (as of this writing Dominion Towing) only accepts CASH!

I highly recommend avoiding this debacle. Ask ANYONE who lives at Amberleigh. All of them know someone who has been TOWED. Your friends are likely to be TOWED if you move there. There are other places with policies that are more “visitor friendly”. Amberleigh is anything but!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BAD APARTMENT RATINGS_POLICY
Posted by: Grow Up ()
Date: July 17, 2013 04:07PM

What's the problem? YOU know the parking rules, and you should inform your visitors of them before they come. And if you park in a reserved spot without permission, then you deserve what you get. Those spots SHOULD be for residents, especially since they are paying for them.

If you have overnight guests, and they will be there for more than one day, then it is your responsibility to get a parking pass for them. And those are not difficult hours to work around.

You sound like another entitled 20 something who is outraged if you have to walk a few blocks. There are real problems in the world - this is not one of them.

Posted by: ApartmentsSuck ()
Date: July 17, 2013 05:50PM

This was the case at my old apartment complex in Sterling, almost exact same scenario and yes myself and atleast a couple guests got towed. I think it's probably just because apartments suck and they don't care about ample easily accessible parking for people who don't even live there. When I first moved in (my first place away from mom's), my car was still in mom's name so they wouldn't even issue me a parking pass. Therefore, I had to use guest parking and was once towed myself, even as a resident. Fuck that noise.

Posted by: Hugh Jasshole ()
Date: July 17, 2013 06:34PM

ApartmentsSuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was the case at my old apartment complex in
> Sterling, almost exact same scenario and yes
> myself and atleast a couple guests got towed. I
> think it's probably just because apartments suck
> and they don't care about ample easily accessible
> parking for people who don't even live there. When
> I first moved in (my first place away from mom's),
> my car was still in mom's name so they wouldn't
> even issue me a parking pass. Therefore, I had to
> use guest parking and was once towed myself, even
> as a resident. Fuck that noise.

Fucking loser.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.