HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chipotle Restaurant To Open in Downtown McLean where Mae's Dress Boutique used to be
Posted by: Chipotle Restaurant ()
Date: July 15, 2013 09:20AM

Chipotle Restaurant To Open in Downtown McLean

Chipotle occupies former address of Mae's Dress Boutique.
http://mclean.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/chipotle-restaurant-to-open-in-mclean

Chipotle Mexican Grill, a national chain known for large burritos and tacos, is scheduled to open a restaurant in downtown McLean in the fall.

The new location is currently under construction at 6707 Old Dominion Drive in the space formerly occupied by Mae's Dress Boutique, which closed in March.

"Our restaurants in Virginia do very well, and opening this restaurant in McLean is a logical extension of our existing footprint in that area," said Chris Arnold, Communications Director for Chipotle, which is headquartered in Denver.

"The menu will be consistent (as it is in all of our restaurants). Hiring will begin as the opening draws closer," he said.

The restaurant will include an outside seating area.

"I think it's good because there is nothing to eat in McLean," said Margaret Kang, a McLean resident. "Although it's fast food, it's relatively healthy despite the salt."

Alex Matini, another McLean resident said, "It's inexpensive and accessible. In McLean now you have a lot of youngsters looking for that kind of food. I would endorse it."

Dranesville Supervisor John Foust said: "I’m excited about Chipotle coming to McLean. We are fortunate to have several very good restaurants. Chipotle will provide another good fast food option. I am a big fan of Chipotle and, I believe, it will be especially popular with younger McLean residents."

6707 Old Dominion Drive is a three-story building with commercial space on the first floor and professional offices above.

Presidential Bank recently opened in the building. Hair Cuttery is a long-time tenant in the building.

Mae's Dress Shop, a fixture in downtown for nearly 30 years closed in March.

The first Chipotle opened in 1993. "Some 16 years and around 1000 restaurants later, we compete in a category of dining now called "fast-casual," says the Chipotle website.

Currently the closest Chipotle to McLean is located in Vienna.
Attachments:
6953b845ce4e4288149e855e1faea42c.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chipotle Restaurant To Open in Downtown McLean where Mae's Dress Boutique used to be
Posted by: checkyeryear ()
Date: July 15, 2013 09:24AM

That article is a year old fool. That Chipotle has been open since Fall of last year. Its a very odd looking storefront compared to most Chipotle locations but I guess the location was prime and they figured with a big enough parking lot the foot traffic didn't need to be particularly high.

Re: Chipotle Restaurant To Open in Downtown McLean where Mae's Dress Boutique used to be
Posted by: mclean sucks ()
Date: July 15, 2013 08:35PM

YAYAY! I wish i paid a million dollars for an average 1970s home so I could call the Chipotle in downtown mclean my own and then sniff my own farts!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.