HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why was everyone a coward during the robbery at Kays Jewelers Tysons Corner Mall?
Posted by: 933127 ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:08AM

Five men did a simple smash and grab operation at Tysons Mall yesterday night. If you watch the video everyone around the area started running away. These robbers clearly carried with them large mallets to smash the glass, nothing else (no guns, no knife). If everyone had worked together and charged in, all five of them would have been pinned down for the cops to come and get them. Instead all you see are people running away like cowards when the robbers clearly just wanted the jewelry, and that one guy who recorded the incident on his phone but did not yell/confront those robbers.

Is this a cowardly act by the civilians or smart move by the civilians?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why was everyone a coward during the robbery at Kays Jewelers Tysons Corner Mall?
Posted by: Because idiot ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:12AM

You and everyone else around here are tubby little whiners who have no physical capabilities what so ever. So take your rambo ass out of the way, and let the police do their job. You are not a bad ass, you are a middle aged loser. Get over it. Anything you would have done would have impeded, not helped law enforcement.

Oh yay, now we have a hostage situation cause you didnt realize the guy who wasn't smashing might have had a gun.

Dumb fuck

Re: Why was everyone a coward during the robbery at Kays Jewelers Tysons Corner Mall?
Posted by: LAWYER UP!!!!! ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:38AM

933127 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Five men did a simple smash and grab operation at
> Tysons Mall yesterday night. If you watch the
> video everyone around the area started running
> away. These robbers clearly carried with them
> large mallets to smash the glass, nothing else (no
> guns, no knife). If everyone had worked together
> and charged in, all five of them would have been
> pinned down for the cops to come and get them.
> Instead all you see are people running away like
> cowards when the robbers clearly just wanted the
> jewelry, and that one guy who recorded the
> incident on his phone but did not yell/confront
> those robbers.
>
> Is this a cowardly act by the civilians or smart
> move by the civilians?

1. PEOPLE ARE SCARED OF THE OLD REVENGE "I'LL GET YOU BACK". SOMEONE STOPS A PERP AND THEN THE PERP AND SOME OF HIS FRIENDS GET YOU BACK FOR IT.

2. LAWSUIT. YOU STOP A PERP AND HE/SHE GETS INJURED BECAUSE OF IT THEY CAN SUE YOU. YOU CAN SUE ANYONE, ANYTIME, FOR WHATEVER REASON. THEY MAY NOT WIN BUT THE BOTTOMLINE IS THEY CAN DRAG YOU INTO COURT AND DISRUPT YOUR LIFE FINANCIALLY.

Posted by: MR. ASSWIPE ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:41AM

HEY FAGS. MR ASSWIPE IS GONNA SING U A LITTLE SONG!! OHHHHH!!! THERE ONCE WERE TWO ASSWIPES ALLL ALONE OUT ON A TRAIL!!!! AND THEY DISCOVERED U CAN SLEEEP WITH ANOTHER MALE!!! NOW WE GOT SOME SHIT WIPES!! OHHH WE GOOOTTA SOOOMMAA SHITWIPES!!!! SO GO PLAY A GAME OF FUCK THE HELL OFFF AND BOW DOWN TO MR. ASSWIPE!!

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:50AM

Simple reason. It's not my stuff.

Posted by: lolwtf ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:14AM

933127 Wrote:
> Five men did a simple smash and grab operation at
> Tysons Mall yesterday night. If you watch the
> video everyone around the area started running
> away. These robbers clearly carried with them
> large mallets to smash the glass, nothing else (no
> guns, no knife). If everyone had worked together
> and charged in, all five of them would have been
> pinned down for the cops to come and get them.
> Instead all you see are people running away like
> cowards when the robbers clearly just wanted the
> jewelry, and that one guy who recorded the
> incident on his phone but did not yell/confront
> those robbers.
>
> Is this a cowardly act by the civilians or smart
> move by the civilians?

Hah! You are a tool. First your topic already calls them cowards, so don't end with your stupid little survey question when you already passed judgement and reflected it.

Let's start off:

1) The recording is online useful to be played on the news quicker. The jewelry stories have a ton of cameras, most of which surely captured better and higher quality video than the cell phone recording.

2) The real crime is the guy was holding the cell phone vertically. I think phones should just not record if being held vertically. They should just shut off and tell the owner they're an idiot. Hold your fucking phone horizontally.. it's not that hard.

3) Suggesting the public all jump in to stop 5 robbers with at least hammers/mallets is ridiculous. How many people does it take to confront/take on 5 people? How do you know they don't have knives / guns / other weapons? Don't be a stupid asshat. You wouldn't have done anything either and I think getting involved would just show ignorance of safety and would just escalate things to an unncessary level.

4) Jewelry stores have insurance. Everything there is covered by insurance. You want to jump in and be a hero and get stomped by 5 dudes so you can save a brief insurance claim for kay jewelers? LOL be my guest douche bag.

5) Most robbers involved in stuff like this are ultimately arrested.. and a good amount of the stuff recovered. I am guessing that will be the case here.. so once again.. why get involved.

Your nerd ass who is so brave behind the computer also forgot to mention.. why didn't the employees of the store, to whom this would be even more personal and relevant jump in and do something? For the same reason everyone else didn't involve themselves.

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:15AM

Priapus Wrote:
> Simple reason. It's not my stuff.

Agreed.

Posted by: Huey ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:31AM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
> Priapus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Simple reason. It's not my stuff.
>
>
> Agreed.

Exactly. Let Kay Jewelers do a better job of protecting their stuff in their own store. There is glass that cannot be shattered by hammers, mallets, and even bullets for that matter. You can be a hero to protect other people, but not to protect stuff.

Posted by: Yeah, okay ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:48AM

Billy, don't be a hero.

Posted by: No Guns ()
Date: July 03, 2013 10:59AM

Because idiot Wrote:
> Oh yay, now we have a hostage situation cause you
> didnt realize the guy who wasn't smashing might
> have had a gun.

No one is going to have a gun, that is why we have gun control laws.

Posted by: Huey ()
Date: July 03, 2013 11:02AM

Yeah, okay Wrote:
> Billy, don't be a hero.

Being a hero to protect another person is noble. Being a hero to protect stuff is just dumb.

Posted by: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? ()
Date: July 03, 2013 11:44AM

Business is slow so Kay's hired some street thugs to rob the store so Kay's could collect on the insurance.

Posted by: KristaD ()
Date: July 03, 2013 11:51AM

Risking your life for a jewelry store's inventory? No thanks.

Posted by: keeping it real ()
Date: July 03, 2013 12:20PM

Priapus Wrote:
> Simple reason. It's not my stuff.

+1

Even if a hero, would only get a 10% discount on next purchase. Besides if you believe that a mallet is not a real weapon, you need to get out of your mother's basement and breath reality. Even a concealed carry individual would be idiotic to draw down on 5 guys with mallets that a running full tilt passed you.

Posted by: Intelligence ()
Date: July 03, 2013 12:30PM

The responses in this thread (for the most part) actually make more sense than the majority of all the other threads. It's good to know that most people have enough sense to consider an organized gang set on robbing a store wielding mallets a serious threat to one's safety.

Do some people honestly think the robbers would let you just rush and stop them without an enormous struggle?

Posted by: ThinkTwice ()
Date: July 03, 2013 12:35PM

Unless somebody's life is in jeopardy the smart thing to do is to watch observe and if possible (don't become another Douchebag Zimmerman) track the thieves back to their cars and get tag numbers. I've done this before and it works wonders when you give the info to the police: they catch the criminals!!

Oh by the way, about 10 years ago I tackled a purse snatcher in mid town Manhattan. By the time the police arrived, the husband of the lady whose purse was snatched had retrieved the purse and they had both walked away, along with other eyewitnesses. The thief, a smart street hood, tried to convince the police that I has assaulted him and the police began to question me. Thank God another cop car pulled up and the cop that got out looked at the hood and said "You again?"

I walked away, but learned a valuable lesson.

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: July 03, 2013 12:40PM

1 of them already arrested...he's from Michigan

Posted by: Shard ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:18PM

933127...were you there to witness any "cowards"? Unless they had a stake in the items being stolen, it makes total sense for bystanders to be smart and step aside.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:31PM

Why risk anything for the crap that's sold at kay jewelers?

Posted by: LMAOZ ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:32PM

ONE WORD: INSURANCE, you dumb fuck.

Posted by: regular guy ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:42PM

Hey captain America (OP)! Get you head out of you a..! Your the type of person that is dangerous and stupid.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:52PM

Attachments:
op is.jpg

Posted by: arrest em ()
Date: July 03, 2013 01:56PM

One already arrested

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Several-Men-Wanted-in-Tysons-Corner-Smash-and-Grab-214088351.html

I'm sure the others will be gotten very quickly

People keep sleeping on how nice it is to have surveillance here in the capital of the world, and yet they dont mind when criminals are arrested within a few hours. Strange

Posted by: Clark Kent ()
Date: July 03, 2013 02:05PM

I would have stopped the robbers but I couldn't find a phone booth to change into SUPERMAN.
Attachments:
bell_booth1.jpg

Posted by: Karate Kid ()
Date: July 03, 2013 02:10PM

I could of taken out all of the robbers. I know karate!

Posted by: life vs stuff ()
Date: July 03, 2013 02:13PM

I would help if a bad guy was injuring another person but not stealing stuff.

It reminds me of the tregedy in AZ--the death of those firefighters.

Firefighters should protect LIFE-not houses.

No life is worth someone's house burning down.

Posted by: Nothing Personal. ()
Date: July 03, 2013 04:10PM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
> Priapus Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> Agreed.

2x Agreed. Kay jewelers is a business.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: July 03, 2013 04:57PM

Im assuming the perps are (N word)s?

I say this because no white jewel thief would waste his time with Kay Jewelers.

Posted by: Newt ()
Date: July 03, 2013 08:35PM

"(N word)s?"

I don't get it.... Ninjas? Nazis? Newbs? Numbheads? Nymphomaniacs?

Posted by: Wait...what? ()
Date: July 03, 2013 08:35PM

Tyson's is starting to get a bit of an unsafe rap, no?

Posted by: DeBeers is a gang ()
Date: July 03, 2013 08:41PM

Coward? I don't give a shit about diamonds or anyone involved with that market. This is one of the places encouraging 2 months salary for an engagement ring. Screw them. If I worked for Kay and intervened, they'd probably fire me. What do you think you'd get as a bystander?

Posted by: Women ()
Date: July 03, 2013 08:50PM

DeBeers is a gang Wrote:
> Coward? I don't give a shit about diamonds or
> anyone involved with that market. This is one of
> the places encouraging 2 months salary for an
> engagement ring. Screw them. If I worked for Kay
> and intervened, they'd probably fire me. What do
> you think you'd get as a bystander?

You are spot on. No normal person could give two shits about diamonds, except for women, or niggers because of the "bling-bling".

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: July 03, 2013 08:58PM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
> Priapus Wrote:
> -----
>
>
> Agreed.

THIS!

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: July 03, 2013 09:39PM

This is my fault. I brought them up against an enemy they're not even close to ready for. And now they're going to die. And it's all my fault... Just like Marla...Just like Uncle Ben. I didn't save him.

He died because I was weak. Because I wasn't good enough. I made a promise to him that day that I could never be good enough to keep... But I swore I'd never stop trying. I know I'm not good enough. I never will be. That's no excuse to stop fighting. No matter how much it scares me. No matter how much it hurts. Ben Parker taught me that. And nothing scares me more than letting him down.

Posted by: Mikeymike ()
Date: July 04, 2013 12:47AM

Don't swing your backpack at a dude with a hammer. If you happen to be carrying...

Posted by: George Zimmerman ()
Date: July 04, 2013 01:35AM

It's a good thing it wasn't on my watch...

I'da smoked those moon-crickets.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:15AM

>
>
> Agreed.

It's also not your job. What happens if you intercede and somebody else gets hurt - you really want to argue that you were protecting someone else's (likely insured) property? Pretty sure the correct move is to stay out it.

I've had occasion to think about this - I once broke up a purse snatching in a grocery store, slowed the guy's exit long enough for several other samaritans to wrestle him to the ground. I at least could have argued that I was trying to help the lady who was clinging to her purse and getting dragged, and only later did it occur to me that I could have been implicated some if she'd bonked her head due to my spinning the guy around.

Posted by: Where was security you ask? ()
Date: July 04, 2013 06:25AM

Here...
Attachments:
sleeping-at-a-police-station.jpg

Posted by: Concealed Carrier ()
Date: July 04, 2013 08:54AM

I could see a person/business get robbed, mugged, raped, shot or killed, I wouldn't do shit just go on my way. That's their problem. Defend and protect your own self and property, if you can't do that or expect the PD to save your ass and property so be it and best of luck. If I defend and protect myself, home and family, I will be ready for the consequences of probable trial, imprisonment or whatever.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 04, 2013 09:03AM

One busted already.

http://www.wtop.com/149/3379106/Man-arrested-in-Tysons-Corner-jewelry-store-robbery

Perp from Michigan. Wonder how they got him?

Posted by: oleguy ()
Date: July 05, 2013 07:50AM

Michigan? Go back to where you came from damnit! Stop messing up my home.

Posted by: YouCoward ()
Date: July 05, 2013 09:50AM

Concealed Carrier Wrote:
> I could see a person/business get robbed, mugged,
> raped, shot or killed, I wouldn't do shit just go
> on my way. That's their problem. Defend and
> protect your own self and property, if you can't
> do that or expect the PD to save your ass and
> property so be it and best of luck. If I defend
> and protect myself, home and family, I will be
> ready for the consequences of probable trial,
> imprisonment or whatever.

Gutless loser

Posted by: Spontanous Combustion ()
Date: July 05, 2013 12:00PM

life vs stuff Wrote:
> Firefighters should protect LIFE-not houses.

How many people catch on fire?

Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: July 07, 2013 02:52PM

MCLEAN, Va. (WUSA9) -- One of the five men wanted in connection to a robbery at a jewelry store in Tysons Corner Center was arrested, Fairfax County Police say.

The smash and grab incident occurred at a jewelry store on the 7900 block of Tysons Corner Center at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, police said.

According to police, five men entered the store, smashing several display cases and took off with an undisclosed amount of jewelry.

Brandon Bowditch, 22, was spotted by responding officers and was taken into custody and charged with robbery, police said.

"The other suspects were described as black males, one wearing a bright red hoodie, another wearing a black and white striped hoodie and the others were observed wearing black hoodies," police said in a press release.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/264812/373/Arrest-Made-In-Smash-And-Grab-Incident-At-Tysons-Corner
Attachments:
130703121906_brandon bowditch.jpg

Posted by: Not a Shit ()
Date: July 07, 2013 03:12PM

abelard Wrote:
> > > Simple reason. It's not my stuff.
> >
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> It's also not your job. What happens if you
> intercede and somebody else gets hurt - you really
> want to argue that you were protecting someone
> else's (likely insured) property? Pretty
> sure the correct move is to stay out it.
>
> I've had occasion to think about this - I once
> broke up a purse snatching in a grocery store,
> slowed the guy's exit long enough for several
> other samaritans to wrestle him to the ground. I
> at least could have argued that I was trying to
> help the lady who was clinging to her purse and
> getting dragged, and only later did it occur to me
> that I could have been implicated some if she'd
> bonked her head due to my spinning the guy around.

Umm, that's what filthy lawyers are for? I couldn't give less of a fuck if I hurt someone criminal in the process.

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: July 07, 2013 03:13PM

Concealed Carrier Wrote:
> I could see a person/business get robbed, mugged,
> raped, shot or killed, I wouldn't do shit just go
> on my way. That's their problem. Defend and
> protect your own self and property, if you can't
> do that or expect the PD to save your ass and
> property so be it and best of luck. If I defend
> and protect myself, home and family, I will be
> ready for the consequences of probable trial,
> imprisonment or whatever.

+1

That's exactly how it is in the real world.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: July 07, 2013 04:13PM

>Umm, that's what filthy lawyers are for? I couldn't give less of a fuck if I hurt someone criminal in the process.

Mayhaps I wasn't being clear, shit - I was concerned that I could have injured the lady getting robbed, not her robber. Right about the time I grabbed him, she let go of her purse, which is good as I spun the guy into a wall, and not gently. I told him 'cool it' and went to help the lady up, and he bolted. He didn't get far as I delayed him long enough for several samaritans to grab him and hold him for the cops. Guy got a bit scuffed up in the process - I did not come to his aid. You rob a babushka, a bit of ass-kicking is the least you should get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2013 04:17PM by abelard.

Posted by: daniel carver ()
Date: July 07, 2013 04:31PM

Typical Negro move, the savage negro's needs to be locked up. Nothing but savages.
I don't know who's worse? the Savage Negro or the Illegal Hispanic Locust?

Posted by: Lost cause... ()
Date: July 07, 2013 04:50PM

There is a very good and fundamental reason to get involved when witnessing this or any other crime; that is to obtain vengance against those who choose to better themselves at the expense on the innocent. The police are too few, the courts too soft, and the prisons beyond capacity. We are therefore bound to act for ourselves and for others. See a crime, stop a crime is the clarion call of the righteous. Let the evil know that we will take all necessary steps and sacrifice our own liberty and well-being to protect ourselves, our family, friends, and even stranagers when they become victims. Let the evil know that they have no refuge. We will hunt them, find them, and destroy them. As our numbers rise, evil will fear the streets both during the day and the night. We are vigilantes and we exist for the sole reason of righting what is wrong when society is otherwise incapable.

Posted by: I AM BATMAN!!! ()
Date: July 07, 2013 04:55PM

Lost cause... Wrote:
> There is a very good and fundamental reason to get
> involved when witnessing this or any other crime;
> that is to obtain vengance against those who
> choose to better themselves at the expense on the
> innocent. The police are too few, the courts too
> soft, and the prisons beyond capacity. We are
> therefore bound to act for ourselves and for
> others. See a crime, stop a crime is the clarion
> call of the righteous. Let the evil know that we
> will take all necessary steps and sacrifice our
> own liberty and well-being to protect ourselves,
> our family, friends, and even stranagers when they
> become victims. Let the evil know that they have
> no refuge. We will hunt them, find them, and
> destroy them. As our numbers rise, evil will fear
> the streets both during the day and the night. We
> are vigilantes and we exist for the sole reason of
> righting what is wrong when society is otherwise
> incapable.
Attachments:
batman_the_dark_knight_2-wallpaper-1440x900.jpg

Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: July 07, 2013 04:59PM

daniel carver Wrote:
> Typical Negro move, the savage negro's needs to be
> locked up. Nothing but savages.
> I don't know who's worse? the Savage Negro or the
> Illegal Hispanic Locust?

Wake up, white people!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMmZwkD2hdc

Posted by: spontaneous combustion ()
Date: August 01, 2020 02:20PM

Spontanous Combustion Wrote:
> life vs stuff Wrote:
> -----
> > Firefighters should protect LIFE-not houses.
>
> How many people catch on fire?

It happens every now and then.

Posted by: EL9E ()
Date: August 01, 2020 02:35PM

lots o dumbfucks here

who pays the insurance, thus in the end covers the cost of the theft?

The business? LoLz.. no

insurance is overhead, which gets covered by the cost of the products
being sold

theft of any kind raises the price of the product, which in the end
is covered by the customer. the cost of just turning on the lights
everyday is covered by the customer, same with any and all business taxes

would I have stepped in to stop it? No. Not worth the hassle. But I
wouldn't have gone running away like some little faggot either. Nothing
in the video shows the need.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.