HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vector Marketing a scam or a actual job?
Posted by: 933127 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 01:13PM

Had some friends who got hired the day they showed up for the "interview" at Vector. So far they have told me its a scam. Is this true? Also even though my friends did not exactly make the same amount of money someone at starbucks would since the job at Vector is commissions based not hourly, is this something they can still put on thier resume as work experience?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vector Marketing a scam or a actual job?
Posted by: Run, Run Away FAST ()
Date: June 23, 2013 01:50PM

Vector Marketing is a SCAM.

The commissions don't get paid and the people who run it are evil.

A legitimate commission sales job is fine for a resume, and there are many available.

Places like Vector Marketing exist because they can hire brain damaged people full of school spirit. They tend to hire high school athletes, cheerleaders and assorted student government losers.

Cutco is the same thing, avoid them as well.

Starbucks, at least, is a job everyone seems to understand. Telling people you hustled door to door (maybe illegally) selling coupons or Verizon FIOS is not going to impress any employer except maybe a collection agency.

Posted by: V9FnN ()
Date: June 23, 2013 02:52PM

Run, Run Away FAST Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vector Marketing is a SCAM.....
>

> Cutco is the same thing, avoid them as well.

Interestingly, Vector represents Cutco. I've seen Cutco products at booths at home and craft shows, and they seem to be decent quality but overpriced. But the sales model seems to be person-to-person, like Amway, Mary Kay etc. If you are a sales rep competing with big box stores and Amazon, it's hard to imagine that you could make any money. If you're willing to sell stuff, getting a job in a retail store -- large chain operation or small boutique -- is the better route. And there's no shame in working for Starbucks. Flexible hours, you qualify for benefits pretty quickly, and it's pretty easy to transfer to another store if you move, change schools etc.

Posted by: Tim ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:48PM

Vector basically makes money by convincing 18 year old kids to guilt trip sell overpriced cutlery to their families. They strongly push to get the kids to make 40 sales appointments a week (1 hour each) to friends/family/acquaintences/etc. Most kids end up realizing what a scam the job is and quitting within the first few months (after already having paid a few hundred bucks for their own cutlery kit for sales demos), but a few of the more wealthy or manipulative kids find that they are well positioned to make some money at the expense of their trusted relationships.

Posted by: sorry a scam is a scam ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:59PM

A friend of mine's kid went to a school where they did this with magazine subscriptions.

The winning class got some kind of prize. Step right up, get your family and friends to buy things they don't want or need.

Carol Garza will probably do this to raise money for school spirit.

Posted by: Stephanie ()
Date: June 24, 2013 09:17AM

Good morning - I work with Vector Marketing (www.vectormarketing.com) and woud like to clarify some things mentioned. First - all reps should paid paid a base pay per qualified appointment or commission on the sales - whichever is higher each week. If you are missing pay, we need to correct that. Email me at vectorpr@cutco.com with details so we can look into it. Cutco has been manufactured since 1949 and Vector Marketing has been selling Cutco via one-on-one presentations (ie - direct sales) since 1981. With more than 16 million customers - people buy Cutco! While direct sales (www.directselling411.com) is not the way the majority of items are sold - it works for Cutco b/c folks have the opportunty to try the product in their homes next to their current cutlery.

The majority of our reps are college students because of the flexible nature of the position. You can create your work schedule around classes, social commitments and other obligations. We can only work with those who are 18 or 17 years old AND a high school graduate. While reps are encouraged to begin presenting Cutco to those they know, reps are paid for the appointments, so there shoud be NO pressure onfamily to purchase Cutco unless they'd like to. Starting with those you know just makes sense. Where else do you start, if you don't start with those you know. If I was in a band and we were having our first gig at a club downtown - who would I tell first? I'd tell every single person I knew first and then go from there.

If you ask any highly successful business person, they will tell you that sales is a valuable skill to have. Thank you. ~Stephanie

TRANSLATION
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 24, 2013 09:41AM

Stephanie Wrote:
> Good morning - I work with Vector Marketing
> (www.vectormarketing.com) and woud like to clarify
> some things mentioned.

Corporate found out about this thread so send in the Spin Docs!

First - all reps should
> paid paid a base pay per qualified appointment or
> commission on the sales - whichever is higher each
> week. If you are missing pay, we need to correct
> that. Email me at vectorpr@cutco.com with details
> so we can look into it. Cutco has been
> manufactured since 1949 and Vector Marketing has
> been selling Cutco via one-on-one presentations
> (ie - direct sales) since 1981. With more than 16
> million customers - people buy Cutco! While
> direct sales (www.directselling411.com) is not the
> way the majority of items are sold - it works for
> Cutco b/c folks have the opportunty to try the
> product in their homes next to their current
> cutlery.

notice NOBODY mentioned missing a paycheck on this thread til then? HUGE RED FLAG RIGHT THERE, KIDDIES! Apparently, even getting your paycheck for the stuff you actually DID manage to do for them is gonna be a hassle.

> The majority of our reps are college students
> because of the flexible nature of the position.
> You can create your work schedule around classes,
> social commitments and other obligations.

yea.............THAT'S the ticket! Cause there are no unemployed adults around here that have flexible schedules, right? o_0

We can
> only work with those who are 18 or 17 years old
> AND a high school graduate.

Law keeps us from scamming kids LoLz

While reps are
> encouraged to begin presenting Cutco to those they
> know, reps are paid for the appointments, so there
> shoud be NO pressure onfamily to purchase Cutco
> unless they'd like to. Starting with those you
> know just makes sense. Where else do you start,
> if you don't start with those you know.

yeah, that's how business works. Only sale to those you know o_0 Where exactly did you get that financial model from? Tyrone on 14th Street SE, I'm betting LoLz

If I was
> in a band and we were having our first gig at a
> club downtown - who would I tell first? I'd tell
> every single person I knew first and then go from
> there.

Whelp, I'd have posters put up around town and prolly would put word out on the net - so even MORE ppl would show......................but that's just me LoLz. Dont think businesses do that "advertising" thing anymore, do they? o_0

> If you ask any highly successful business person,
> they will tell you that sales is a valuable skill
> to have.

they will also tell you that it's better to have a stable, STEADY income if you have committments you yourself need to pay off.

KIDS, DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A "JOB"
Vector is cool if you want to sharpen yr sales skills...........................but NO , this is NOT a "job", it is a set-up for you to be a contractor for this company and sale their crap at YOUR expense, not theirs. They make $$$$ off yr ass, not theirs.

Not a scam, per se - they are a "legit" company, same as Kirby Vacuums. But You dont want to be the guy/gal at the bottom of that barrel unless you have a LOT of ppl with disposable income.

I will say that IF you DO have connections, or if you are a smooth talker (can sale ice to eskimos, that sorta person) - you can make out like a bandit doing this, no joke. The knives are legit good, not crappy knives at all. Overpriced? Sure. But they work as advertized, I will give them that :)

But yeah, kids - dont take this job thinking it's a REAL job. It's not. It's a fly-by-nite job that you wont be doing in a year, ok? It's hard work, you are going to hear "NO" and "GO AWAY" a lot, and there are a TON of better, more stable paying jobs out there for you.

Again, if you want to sharpen yr sales skills, then THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU!!!!

But if yr looking for a steady paycheck, THIS AINT IT! RUN AWAY!

hope that helps you (and other kids like you), OP

Thank you, Stephanie...............for the humour, that is :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 09:43AM by Gordon Blvd.

Posted by: won't get fooled again ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:13AM

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

The claims Vector Marketing makes are extravagant at best. If the company were all it says it is, you'd have Harvard and Wharton MBAs fighting to work there.

But no-it is door to door sales AND you have to buy a sample kit. The emperor is naked, his wang is hanging out and you should pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Step right up, the old shell game, ladies and gentlemen, everyone's a winner.

Vector Marketing is a SCAM.

Posted by: you pay them to work there ()
Date: June 24, 2013 01:49PM

http://www.thereflector.ca/2013/04/05/vector-marketing-scam-or-legit-2/

You have to buy a set of sample knives. Every "mark" they get pays for the privilege of being scammed by them.

Flip a coin. Heads they go before King Joffey, tails they go into a room with Ramsey Bolton.

Vector Marketing + Cutco = same company = SCAM.

Posted by: SCAM ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:07PM

It's a "multi-level marketing" model. Anything that's built on that principle is a BULLSHIT WASTE OF TIME!

Posted by: SCAM SCAM SCAM ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:15AM

Hey Stephanie, please get ovarian cancer and die. That way we are assured you have no offspring and also rid the world of another useless bitch.

Posted by: Appu ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:56AM

Stephanie: We will believe you are legit if we can see a picture of your titties and vagina. After all, that would be Sales and Marketing, no?

Posted by: Rich ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:54PM

I would agree with Stephanie. I don't work for Vector but I have owned Cutco for over 10 years when I got married and my parents have had it since they were married over 43 years ago. Sales is not for everyone. Not everyone can cut it, no pun intended. I happen to also know one of the highest producing sales reps in the world for Cutco and he is successful because he knows his product and people like him. People buy because of that reason and not because he is pushy.

As far as the product goes, I used them tonight and even though I have not sharpened than since I bought them (shame on me), they are still sharper than the average garbage 70-130 dollar set from Walmart or Crate and Barrel. Yes, the average set might run 600-1,000 dollars. I have had my set over 10 years, it has a lifetime warranty with free sharpening, and I would say over a span of the 10 years I have had them, the 670 dollars I spent is well worth it, especially since I plan on keeping them for the next 30 years.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Raven Apocalypse ()
Date: November 02, 2013 09:05PM

See, when I worked for them they provided the sample kits for free. If you pay for it, then it becomes your own knives that belong to you. If you don't pay for it, then you just have to return the set when you leave.

As well, they are "overpriced" but are high-quality, being sold in a manner which makes them marginally cheaper than the closest-quality (since neither you nor they have to spend money on posters or commercials and you can use social networking to try and get more people to demo for). And they have that "forever guarantee" deal so unless you are a total idiot the high cost extends over a good time.

In fact, my friend claimed that the one knife his family had for over 10 years and used for everything was still so sharp that it would cut whoever was washing it if they weren't careful. Then he boasted that CutCo couldn't be that good, took out his "awesome knife" to show me and I pointed directly to the CutCo logo on it and the edge/serration pattern and handle pattern all of which are CutCo-specific features. Same thing happened with my other friend's parents (almost 20 years) and with my own grandparents (longer than I've been alive).

As to "only between the ages of 17 and 18"...Actually this is false. They can hire those older than 20 (me being an example) and those who become district managers and have their own offices can reach their 30's if not their 40's from their beginning at 17 and 18. It is best, of course, for recent high school graduates since they can feel less guilt about pushing the product onto their friends' parents and their teachers. And they would most likely be going into college in which they can meet new people who they can then push the product on.

To the person who didn't get their commission, there's a simple solution: show them the order form. When you make a sale, you are left with four copies of the order form. [[Main Office copy. District Office copy. Sales Rep copy. Customer copy.]] You also have the Vector/CutCo Online component in which you ROLO the order, cataloging it into the database. If you handed in the Office copies and ROLO'd the order then they will automatically allot the commission for the week into your paycheck for the week. If you fail to hand in the forms or ROLO the order then the company has no way to know that you actually made an order. And if that doesn't work, then contact the customer. They may have cancelled the order for some reason.

Now, I am not so much "defending" them as trying to clarify some issues. I mean they are a company of salesmen trying to make more salesmen. As such, there are valid arguments against them as a whole. And the occasional random office may or may not do things which are or are not logical or right. But if we scream "Scam" at every problem then our impact when someone actually does scam us becomes minuscule.

I mean, I don't see anyone who supposedly worked for them complaining about how they get you to sell by setting up an "either/or" scenario which effectively forces the hand of the customer to choose options they didn't initially want. I don't see anyone complain about how we use new knives of high-quality and compare them to old knives of low-quality in an attempt to make it seem like ours are better than theirs naturally. Nope, it's always "they don't pay their sales reps" or "they target innocent young people" or "they are overpriced" or other such trite and cliche claims.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:16PM

A friend of mine is one of the highest paid reps vector has. He is a assistant manner and just finished running his own office. It works...if you don't mind guilting people. They say to express that you are a college student and you have debt to pay off. Sure you get paid $13.25 per appointment...but they don't like to pay that. And if you don't make sales for a month...but make the base pay... they basically fire you.

I myself own a set. And at first I loved then...but now the set is almost completely dull after 8 months. I have asked my friend to come sharpen them...but he had yet to do it and I have been asking for 6 months. He just told me the other day, "CutCo DOESN'T start sharp like we promise. We're just good sale people." That's really concerning...because I worked for them. Grabbed, it was for two weeks...but I made a big sale and it was nice.

After I told my manager I didn't have anyone to show to...he said "pull names out of the phone book." Which it's something they sat they don't do. I don't think it's a scam...I just think they have a high turn around rate for a reason... I would much rather have a steady paycheck. Someone should sue the company for false advertising. Seriously. I got paid my commission...but it was short. And to date (a year later) I still have not been paid the rest of it.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: November 04, 2013 06:17PM

Also... I never bought a kit. You sign a form and they lend it to you. Once you're done...you give it back.

Posted by: The Vet ()
Date: November 14, 2013 03:38AM

This sucks they are now going after the veterans

Posted by: Does she? ()
Date: November 14, 2013 03:46PM

Does Stephanie do anal?

Posted by: Pathetic ()
Date: November 14, 2013 03:59PM

Charles Wrote:
> A friend of mine is one of the highest paid reps
> vector has. He is a assistant manner and just
> finished running his own office. It works...if you
> don't mind guilting people. They say to express
> that you are a college student and you have debt
> to pay off. Sure you get paid $13.25 per
> appointment...but they don't like to pay that. And
> if you don't make sales for a month...but make the
> base pay... they basically fire you.
>
> I myself own a set. And at first I loved
> then...but now the set is almost completely dull
> after 8 months. I have asked my friend to come
> sharpen them...but he had yet to do it and I have
> been asking for 6 months. He just told me the
> other day, "CutCo DOESN'T start sharp like we
> promise. We're just good sale people." That's
> really concerning...because I worked for them.
> Grabbed, it was for two weeks...but I made a big
> sale and it was nice.
>
> After I told my manager I didn't have anyone to
> show to...he said "pull names out of the phone
> book." Which it's something they sat they don't
> do. I don't think it's a scam...I just think they
> have a high turn around rate for a reason... I
> would much rather have a steady paycheck. Someone
> should sue the company for false advertising.
> Seriously. I got paid my commission...but it was
> short. And to date (a year later) I still have not
> been paid the rest of it.

Sell out your family and friends for mediocre pay - there's no way they make more than an average college grad. Haven't you ever heard people talk about an old friend that they hate/disrespect because their kid guilted them with a set of knives? Agreeing to this business model is a reflection of your character, a very shitty reflection.

Posted by: Joe College ()
Date: November 14, 2013 04:24PM

What's depressing about this thread is that you don't even need a HIGH SCHOOL education to do this job and perform well at it. If you're well groomed, well spoken, have an outgoing personality and the intestinal fortitude to deal with 10 times the rejections as you will close sales...anybody can do this job. But, with times being what they are and well-educated people needing income, these kinds of crap companies seem to thrive. In an up economy when unemployment is low, these guys struggle.

Posted by: Honest working man ()
Date: November 19, 2013 01:46AM

I got a call today from vector marketing because a friend of mine from high school had started there and mentioned I would like a good paying job, well bare in mind I am a CNC machinist at a local furniture manufacturer, and I thought this sounded to good to be true, an the more I read the more it seems to be all lies and shit. I intend to call them in the morning and tell them that they are no more than "legitimate" hustlers and vultures praying on the addle mind weak who wouldn't know their asshole from their elbow even if you were boning the former. It sickens me that they lie so profusely that even their homepage on their website seems to not really tell what the job is or even how and when your pay periods would be. I was told in the voice mail the woman left me that my base pay would be $15.50 an hour, so let's hear what she says tomorrow and how many discrepancies I can find with what she says and what the "honest" web page says. All in all toppest kek, these people are scammers.

Posted by: Tell It Like It Is ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:35PM

Okay so I don't know who you think you are talking to anybody like that. You think that just because you are online and you are never going to have to see that girl that you can say whatever you want. You're a coward.

If you have never worked for Vector Marketing then you have no right to be saying a anything at all. This company does not provide a steady income and it is not for everyone. If you are looking for an easy job that you can skate through on, then you need to look for something corporate based like Target, Buffalo Wild Wings, or Best Western.

As someone that owns these knives, I can honestly say that these knives sell themselves. I did not know the representative that I met with. They were charismatic and believed in the product, therefore so did I. I have sent these knives back only once to be resharpened since I have had them and it was done with no hassle and in an adequate amount of time.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:30PM

Vector is a crock they only pay 12 bucks for 10 appointments they will not pay you for more than that. They expect you to see 7k a week and if you don't they fire you. They also steal identity info do not work or purchase from the SCAM city!

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:34PM

Tell It Like It Is Wrote:

>
> If you have never worked for Vector Marketing then
> you have no right to be saying a anything at all.
> This company does not provide a steady income and
> it is not for everyone. If you are looking for an
> easy job that you can skate through on, then you
> need to look for something corporate based like
> Target, Buffalo Wild Wings, or Best Western.

You say that like it is a good thing, like something that is desirable. Even sales jobs, no matter what field, should have some sort of stable, steady income.

Posted by: have some fun with them ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:22AM

I was bored, went through part of their process and was a real pain in the ass about it.

I questioned everything they said, and I mean everything. A real company would have kicked me out, not these clowns. It disrupted their whole recruiting event.

Finally one of the "HR girls" called me aside and offered me $50 cash to walk out. I took it and did, and slapped her ass on the way out.

Posted by: Ivan ()
Date: December 26, 2013 05:17PM

I worked for them for a while, wasn't my cup of tea. Legitimate company, some people make a LOT of money. Number 1 there's no discrepancies with paychecks you make what you make I had direct deposit with them. Number two the sample kit is loaned out and you don't have to pay for it. You start with people you know, follow the script, and build your recommendation base from there. There's no denying that the product is good especially comparing it to say Wusthoff or Shun, I mean I have a set my mom bought they are pretty dope haha, and lifetime warranty and all I think they are worth the money.

the problem is people, God i hate calling people and dealing with all their bs, its just not my thing, but hey some people do really well so I say if you want to try to make good money and get sales experience, go for it.

Posted by: True Life ()
Date: December 26, 2013 11:57PM

I graduated from high school in 2010 and in August I had someone from this company calling me because some girl from high school had given them my name and phone number. It's okay to suggest people for a job, but these people were insane. The guy called me numerous times, pestering me and trying to get me to do an interview with him. I wouldn't answer my phone and he would still leave me a voice mail. Finally, I got tired of it all and watched the video he sent me. This is literally a pyramid scheme, which was clearly outlined in the terrible video he sent me. Now, Vector is posting flyers all over Purdue University, where I go to college stating that they pay $15.50/hour. It's all a waste of time and money. If you want to sell something, sell Mary Kay or Pampered Chef, something with a reliable and good name, not something that makes people question the morals of the company.

Posted by: Katy ()
Date: December 27, 2013 02:30PM

Vector is a scam they straight up lie about everything to very young high school students. Then they make them give Vector contact names so they can spam their friends. Their products are quality products but the job SUCKS!!!!!! Stay away at all cost

Posted by: Vector = SCAM ()
Date: December 27, 2013 02:51PM

It is a complete scam. Every now and then I set up appointments, but ask a lot of annoying questions and then never show up.

Posted by: Allon Keller ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:03PM

What about Customer Service Jobs? I see people flaming all over about the salesperson jobs all the time, but they are offering me a position in Customer Service. Anyone have experience with that?

Posted by: tobisbroham ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:53PM

so i am working for cutco vector and i am really starting to regret it after reading all this stuff while i was at my last meeting with these fucks they said the only reason people say its a scam is because they are to lazy to do it well that is not true i have been working my ass off and still not a dollar made it sells it self till the people your showing it to see the prices who has 1139 for a basic set and they do try to just get you to guilt trip people aka friends and family into buying it cause no one else but your family will be willing to see these products and then buy them after they hear the god awful price sincerely current cutco vector rep its

Posted by: nichyevoa ()
Date: January 25, 2014 04:32PM

i've been working with Vector on and off for almost 3 years now, and here's what i have to say:

it's not a scam. you get out of it what you put into it. the trick is, you have to actually follow the program or you won't get anywhere. whenever i need some extra cash i just dive back into where i left off!

don't get me wrong, you can work your rear off and get nowhere - but only if you decide to discard the program and do it your own way. they give you a script for 1 reason - because it works! (i did learn that the hard way btw - tried it my way first... it was a disaster! then i learned the script and everything turned around)

if you're willing to actually put forth the effort to learn what they teach, then you'll have a solid background for every job you'll ever have in the future!

Posted by: scam? ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:24PM

if vector is a scam, then how do they make their money?

Date: January 27, 2014 01:44AM

scam? Wrote:
> if vector is a scam, then how do they make their
> money?

By being a scam? lol

Posted by: Jena Hernandez ()
Date: January 28, 2014 09:50AM

I applied to Vector late last night and early this morning I was called by the receptionist in the Bellingham, MA office. After she told me that the base pay is $17.50, I actually questioned it and said "so at minimum my paycheck would be $17.50 at 40 hours a week"? She completely dodged the question & saod she didn't understand what I meant and that the manager would explain salary in more detail as she's just "the receptionist". I wouldn't let it go bc I felt it was shady. So I said to her, "normally when employers pay you hourly, say $17.50/hr they mean you times that hourly pay by how many hours you work". CLEAR AS DAY AND THE "trained receptionist" STILL diverted, choked up and didn't know what to do bc her "skit" wasn't going according to plan and got frustrated with my question bc she knew she couldn't answer them, even though she knew the answers. She 100% knew. Then she asked me if I work well with people and I said yes, I had planned on uploading my resume so that you can see my experience and she says " oh you don't need a resume bc most people who work one don't have one so it doesn't matter". Huh???? She finished the interview with " it sounds like you are a good fit to come in for An interview, are you available today?" I said, "Forgive me, but I find this process unusual. Im a bit uncomfortable. I gave you no indication that I am a people person. And you don't know anything about the job you setting appointments for or are witholding information from prospective employees. Maybe it might be with sharing more about the job so it doesn't waste everyone's times." She replied with a major attitude "Good luck with your job search". And I said, "wait, what?" She further continues " if you are uncomfortable I'm not going to force you to come in, so good luck with your job search". At this point she became dismissive, rude and outright nasty in her tone of voice.

Thank god I found this website shortly thereafter bc I almost felt bad for letting go of a job that paid $17.5/hr and now after reading everyone's experiences,feel like I dodged a bullet. I have been employed by too many conartists before. I'm not an inexperienced college student and even if I was a college student, I would hippie that my instincts would have kicked in then too. Even as desperate as I am now to earn money, money doesn't smell like shit and you certainly don't use money to wipe your ass. These people are full of shit. Stay away. Working here will ruin your spirits and you'll feel completely taken advantage of. Any other reputable company would have went out of their way to provide me with more information, not just hang up. Its clear now, that poir college student receptionist, also gets commission on how many people she gets into the office for interviews/hires.

Sad how these companies exist. Ahh the life of a job hunter.

Posted by: Tiffanydawn ()
Date: January 31, 2014 03:19PM

this company is a straight up scam I used to work for vector n only got one pay check now that's some bs anybody who defends this nonsense needs to be put out of their misery I'm just saying

Posted by: DpPtn ()
Date: January 31, 2014 05:13PM

Its like in the wolf of wall street.

They have a set script and they are taught to stick to it. If the client asks any question they are told to dodge it and get back to the script ASAP.

It's a con game.

There is no such thing as easy money.

If you want money you have to work hard.

Easy money wouldn't be satisfying anyway....

Posted by: SCAM ALERT ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:35PM

To be completely honest, anyone who is in the position where they're upset because they didn't receive a paycheck deserves it for being that stupid. I went to the interview. You walk in and the place is completely empty, with a couple random cheap tables set up here and there and trashy posters and what looked like prop medals are scattered across the walls. Already very weird. The "manager" is this mid-20s girl who was wearing some icky brown suit from the clearance rack at Ross and looked like she did her makeup on her way over in the car spoke to us for about three hours, showcasing her very uneducated and poor speech habits. She said that every appointment will be already set-up.

She told us how we would have to buy a kit for $150. She hired me and a bunch of other people on the spot and I immediately knew I wouldn't be returning. I feel bad for people that went back only to inevitably learn, as I did on the internet that evening that you would need to set-up your own appointments with people, most likely won't get paid at all and definitely won't get paid for the training. I have far too much dignity to haggle my personal friends and family into spending over $1,000 on a knife set. No thanks. Here's a very, very simple rule: never get involved/proceed with a company that one, doesn't pay you for training, and two, makes you purchase your own kit. That's absurd and no respectable company will do that.

Posted by: paulinVA ()
Date: February 01, 2014 10:36AM

Here's the way it works:

1. Ask your parents for names of all of their friends.
2, Call parents' friends and guilt them into letting you do "presentations" that you will be paid for.
3. While doing the "presentation", ask your parents' friends for names of THEIR friends so you can do more presentations.
4. Keep doing presentaitons and keep asking your marks for more friends' names. Maybe sell a few knives. They are incredibly overpriced.
5. Get frustrated.
6. Quit.

Posted by: Bottom Line ()
Date: February 07, 2014 05:38AM

I worked with Vector just over five years ago.. And I can tell you, I truly disliked just about every aspect of the campaign. They seemed to hire just about anyone who walked in. They were unclear about many aspects of the job. In fact they only made it clear that you would be selling cutlery a good ways into the first training seminar. Being as young as I was and feeling somewhat motivated by the promise of base pay (per appointment of course), I was still excited to see what I could do. I then learn towards the end of training that we must either buy or rent our demo kits.. I felt dismayed at this but of course my heart was much larger than my mind and I never once thought this was some kind of parlor trick. The office was ran slightly disorganized and there was a lot of hustle and bustle to it. Looking back it seems clear to me that the people who were running that particular office in Spokane, WA were kind of doing things their own way. I quit the job after about a month with very little success.

Here's where the story actually gets interesting. I just recently moved down to San Diego and I needed some instant work if I was going to be able to build and grow in this area. I went online and found a tab that read "Vector Marketing". Now, I knew it sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it (Remember, five years have gone by since I last worked with them). So I hit quick apply and uploaded my resume. I got a call the next morning and it hit me.. This was Cutco Cutlery! How could I have forgotten!? Haha

I took a moment to collect my thoughts.. After having worked in Spokane, WA for a basically fly-by-night office under the same flag I was completely put off.. But at the same time, I thought it'd be interesting to see if it is truly in their business model to be so damn disorganized and manipulative. I told her I would be there that evening at the specified time.

Without continuing as though I were writing a novel, let me just tell you this-
Things have changed.

And not for them and how THEY operate but for myself as well! I am 25 years old now and the last five years.. Have truly given me wisdom that I never dreamed I could have had or even needed at only 20, just five short years ago). I went in there objectively and with an admitted cringe.

Nothing was as I remember. Hell, even the building where the office is located is admirable! I walked inside and sat down for my interview. I noticed something incredible; Organization, Work-ethic, Laughter, Friendships, Focus, Dedicated individuals clearly making an impact.. This wasn't what I was expecting.

I was sat down in a room with several other individuals who had applied and shown up for the interview. Unlike before where we were all hired after a short 'howdy-do', I was the only one out of that group accepted for the position. I kept asking myself, "Why is this so different?"..

I began training over again. Once again, it's different than before. The training was surprisingly on point and practical. We were told what we'd be doing immediately. THEY GIVE YOU THE DEMO KIT!? This is new.. It certainly felt like a scam five years ago and now it seems as though it's just an opportunity for you to be you and find out what you're made of. The whole program is now geared towards an idea of selective enhancement. They don't just hire anyone who walks in.. they hire those who truly, and I mean truly seem as though they are looking to better themselves and the company.

You're a private contractor for them. This isn't an issue. You set your hours, you just let them know what they are. You make your calls, you just let them know how many. You set the appointments, you just let them know when they are. You sell, you just let them know how much.

Sounds kinda like a business, huh? Everyone at the office has a job to do and these jobs are assigned by a division manager who has opened up his or her own office. That being said, I realized why the office up in Spokane was.. sub-par. It's because although there are criteria to which a DM (divisional manager) must adhere to, it is truly within their own power as to how they run a team. And I can attest to the fact that many offices are run poorly because of this. I don't place the blame on Vector and subsequently Cutco. The weight of the responsibility falls directly on the shoulders of those who are left to run their branch. This being to the dismay of many young men and women entering the workforce who receive a less than adequate welcome.

I am now proud to say that I am working with Vector. Never thought I would, but there you have it. No, it isn't for everyone. It's a sales position in which you are given the tools to be successful and the framework is built upon ensuring you treat your life with respect. If you respect your life, your job and your future then is it going to be hard for you to wake up and call your office? God, I hope not. If you are driven and focused and feeling like making an impact on your life then should it be so hard to talk to people you don't know about a product that is actually quite wonderful? Once again, I hope not. (by the way, it's not a lifetime guarantee.. it's a forever guarantee, which saves not just that family money but generations of that family's money, which is why it is a common staple at weddings (forever-symbolism) and also a common gift by Realtor's (permanence-symbolism).

So my answer is this.. If I were writing to you five years ago when I was feeling somewhat entitled and captivated by the "flex-scheduling" and "base-pay" (which is legitimately based upon qualified appointments) then I would have said, "Oh hell yes, it's a total scam! I was so wronged by Vector!".

But today, as an adult and as a highly motivated individual who's looking to make a positive impact for the sake of my life and my teams success, the answer is no. Vector Marketing is not a scam and neither is the cutlery. The company has been designed to give young individuals a chance to attain certain skills which may very well come in handy when they reach for further goals later in life. The company was also designed to allow for some serious advancement for those who CHOOSE to do well, and yes, it can be a rough and slow start for many, but doing well is none-the-less a choice. Perseverance is the key. It get's way easier.

It is unfortunate that there are many offices that are ran quite poorly, if not right into the ground. But let it be clear that they are not all the same and that there are many people finding great success in this company.

There's only one reason that you can or can't be successful. And that reason is you. Do what you will with yourself.

I leave you with these words which I read off my managers wristband:
"Don't Be A Little Bitch".

And thanks for reading.

Posted by: Marc ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:42AM

My concern is not with Cutco or their cutlery. In fact, much of the research I've done seems to indicate the knives are very good quality. I would say that $600-1,000 for a set of knives it more than I'm willing to pay.

However, Vector's business model is at best disingenuous. Sales can be rewarding if that is a person's interest but to state that an individual can't "cut it" in sales is somewhat pretentious, especially, when the individual needs to invest their own money in order to sell your product.

If your that confident in your product you should provide the sales person the tools he or she need to execute the sales. Do you expect car salesman to have to purchase a car in order to perform their job?

Posted by: DrRowls ()
Date: March 11, 2014 02:27PM

Vector marketing is a great company. Money can be made but it requires dedication.

I have a PhD and I make more money now through VM than I did in my research days.

Posted by: shills abound! ()
Date: March 11, 2014 05:17PM

Ignore the shills. The truth of the matter, plain and simple-Cutco and Vector Marketing are scams, right up there with the Obama administration.

Posted by: Business Model ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:22PM

I wonder how many of their sales rely on harvesting a couple sales out of each new recruit. First week: 1 set for their own "demo" set. Second week: Another set to some family member who feels bad for them. Third week: Quits after realizing no one will buy $1k knives from a random sales guy.

So the upline got only two sales out of this guy, but probably paid him next to nothing for the 3 weeks he was there. Maybe a few bucks on the one sale. Probably not a bad ROI. Consider they maybe get 5-6 new recruits a week? Not a bad addition to the guys who are actually trying to make a job out of it.

Posted by: Jason Clemons ()
Date: April 26, 2014 10:14AM

I am a student who works at Vector Marketing and it has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. Those who call it a scam simply do not have the persistency or the mental capacity to have a job in sales. Don't worry though, there are still plenty of 9 to 5 desk jobs available.

Posted by: Jason Clemons-SHILL ()
Date: April 26, 2014 10:20AM

Hey Jason, what kind of word is "persistency" anyway? Did someone you banged on a turf field teach you that word?

At least 9 to 5 desk jobs pay.

Posted by: Jason Clemons ()
Date: April 26, 2014 05:04PM

Persistency
noun
1. the act or fact of persisting.

Some people don't even have the PERSISTENCY to use a dictionary to find the meaning of a word.

And my job does pay well, both in skills and money, something you appear to have neither of.

Posted by: Cindy ()
Date: May 01, 2014 07:14PM

I've never seen such a bunch of losers in my life!

Hey kids, how do you think the multi, multi billion dollar insurance industy has operated for the last 150 years? Through word of mouth and referrals... starting with friends and family.

Speaking of Amazon, Jeff Besos started out selling books in his neighborhood to friends, family and, oh yeah, neighbors.

Any of you knuckleheads ever read Dale Carnegie, or Napoleon Hill, or listen to Jim Rohn?

Go ahead and work at Starbucks for minimum wage. Leave the real money for the rest of us.

Posted by: Wusthof ()
Date: May 01, 2014 09:01PM

Cindy Wrote:
> I've never seen such a bunch of losers in my
> life!
>
> Hey kids, how do you think the multi, multi
> billion dollar insurance industy has operated for
> the last 150 years? Through word of mouth and
> referrals... starting with friends and family.
>
> Speaking of Amazon, Jeff Besos started out selling
> books in his neighborhood to friends, family and,
> oh yeah, neighbors.
>
> Any of you knuckleheads ever read Dale Carnegie,
> or Napoleon Hill, or listen to Jim Rohn?
>
> Go ahead and work at Starbucks for minimum wage.
> Leave the real money for the rest of us.

Starbucks offers benefits, something I am fairly certain Vector Marketing does not since you are an "independent contractor".

And this whole "selling knives to your friends = Jeff Bezos" line is straight out of the MLM scam play book. They'll feed you that at some morning meeting when 90% of the room is depressed because they worked 13 hours yesterday and made exactly $0. The upline guy with his tacky suit and cheeseball jewelry will tell you how you are just like the great captains of American commerce.

For the record, I bought my last insurance policy online. Probably buy my next set of knives there too.

Jeff Bezos obviously didn't think hiring a team of 19 year olds was the best way to move merchandise. For some reason Vector still does though. Don't they pay attention to Jeff Bezos?

Posted by: vector ()
Date: May 05, 2014 10:55PM

real job, some people are earning over 100,000

Posted by: Eff Vector ()
Date: May 23, 2014 02:14PM

Just report their ass to labor department for misleading underage and employing them without work permit!

Posted by: every jobbbbbb ()
Date: May 23, 2014 03:20PM

About every job is a scam. You're an employee with every company, promised certain things that may or may not be true, have to put up with the superficiality of other people and other peoples analness or bitchyness and get paid a meager wage to do it. Getting a better job req either a hookup or kissing ass.

Posted by: Scarlett ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:38PM

VM is certainly not a scam, i get paid good money to work there and i've learned a lot; some of you obviously worked for either some bad managers or are idiots. Also i didn't buy my set, i get awesome commision and good base-pay those of you who didn't last the interview obviously give up too easily.

Posted by: wHJUm ()
Date: June 01, 2014 08:09PM

lol^

Posted by: Katy ()
Date: June 02, 2014 04:30PM

SCAM SCAM SCAM STAY AWAY!!! No matter what some of their employees tell you its a scam. Where theres smoke theres a fire.

Posted by: TerriB13 ()
Date: June 10, 2014 01:36PM

It is a lie that they only hire 18+ or 17 and hs graduates. My son just told me they wanted him to come in for an interview based on a new employee of theirs. Bolth my son an d the new employee just finished their junior year in high school and neither are 18 or have graduated. Sorry Stephanie from Vector, but that part is false as well. I smell bull.

Posted by: I hate people ()
Date: June 10, 2014 08:50PM

So I worked for Cutco as a sales rep last summer and I can say with confidence that it was better than any other job I've ever had. I am a very hard worker, and for once, I was actually rewarded with some great money for following directions, pushing myself, and basically just not being a lazy ass who just wants to get easy money by standing around. The management staff I had were awesome, they were hilarious and knew exactly how to improve all of the reps. I also didn't have to pay for a kit, it was loaned, then when I went back to school in the fall I just gave it back. Also, we had a 50 year old woman there who works there as a full time job making over $100,000 a year.

I will say paying for the conferences sucked, they were fun and I learned a lot from them, but they were annoying to pay out of pocket to attend for. The division manager also was annoying as shit because I was in the pilot office which he owned and often acted like a pretentious asshole just because of that.

But all in all this was 1000x better than any of the other restaurant jobs I did before. I actually learned how to work sales, how marketing works, and my time management skills improved immensely as well. People can bash a company all they want, but personally I think it's ignorant as shit to disregard a company completely just because you received "one too many calls from them," or because "you read that someone had a bad experience with it."

Posted by: tuttifruitti ()
Date: June 10, 2014 10:09PM

sorry stephanie i have to disagree but i am 17 years old and as soon as i graduated i got the letter from vector and did an application for vector online and the next day i was called by the receptionist for an interview the week afterwards. that was very shocking considering i had just send the application the night before. like most people say. the place i went for the interview was pretty rough looking and in a bad part of the neighborhood. it didn't sit well with me then. there were about nine people in the building, two left because it was too long and the rest of us that stayed all got hired! and we were all hs graduates who knew nothing. hmm sounds shady if you ask me. i'm glad i got on this website though. but anyway, you're wrong about the ages.

Date: June 10, 2014 10:13PM

I hate people Wrote:
> So I worked for Cutco as a sales rep last summer
> and I can say with confidence that it was better
> than any other job I've ever had. I am a very hard
> worker, and for once, I was actually rewarded with
> some great money for following directions, pushing
> myself, and basically just not being a lazy ass
> who just wants to get easy money by standing
> around. The management staff I had were awesome,
> they were hilarious and knew exactly how to
> improve all of the reps. I also didn't have to pay
> for a kit, it was loaned, then when I went back to
> school in the fall I just gave it back. Also, we
> had a 50 year old woman there who works there as a
> full time job making over $100,000 a year.
>
> I will say paying for the conferences sucked, they
> were fun and I learned a lot from them, but they
> were annoying to pay out of pocket to attend for.
> The division manager also was annoying as shit
> because I was in the pilot office which he owned
> and often acted like a pretentious asshole just
> because of that.
>
> But all in all this was 1000x better than any of
> the other restaurant jobs I did before. I actually
> learned how to work sales, how marketing works,
> and my time management skills improved immensely
> as well. People can bash a company all they want,
> but personally I think it's ignorant as shit to
> disregard a company completely just because you
> received "one too many calls from them," or
> because "you read that someone had a bad
> experience with it."
Attachments:
look at all the fucks i give.gif

Posted by: I hate people ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:42PM

Gordon Blvd- you're exactly the kind of ignorant prick I am talking about. You refuse to try anything because of what other people say. Good luck in your future with that attitude, your resume will be just phenomenal...

Why don't you just go and read a book or something. That way you're not a complete waste of oxygen.

EXCELLENT salesmanship of the Vector name, am I right ladies and gentlemen?
Date: June 11, 2014 01:50PM

I hate people Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd- you're exactly the kind of ignorant
> prick I am talking about. You refuse to try
> anything because of what other people say. Good
> luck in your future with that attitude, your
> resume will be just phenomenal...
>
> Why don't you just go and read a book or
> something. That way you're not a complete waste of
> oxygen.

and yet, I notice you did bother to waste the oxygen LoLz
hmmmmmmmmm...............so I'm "ignorant" simply because I dont agree with you?

Can't imagine why you feel the way you do...............buy it DOES show us all how your salemanship and marketing skills have improved by being with Vector LoLz

as for my future? Same as it's always been ;)

pic unrelated
Attachments:
forecast.jpg

Date: June 11, 2014 02:05PM

Gordon, why do you say LOLZ after everything?

dont think anybody cares, bro...........
Date: June 11, 2014 02:26PM

:)
Attachments:
Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

Posted by: Bruh ()
Date: June 27, 2014 10:32AM

A Vector rep called me and and asked for me to come in for an interview. I looked at the website and everything and this whole thing seems really sketchy. And on the phone the woman kept repeating that it would pay $15 an hour fixed. Please I need a fast response because my interview is supposed to be today.

Posted by: Tracy Apata ()
Date: June 27, 2014 06:05PM

They are a Scam!!!! Run fast as you can my son worked for two weeks never got paid excuse after excuse we filed a complaint with the labor board these bastards need to be stopped!

Posted by: Dana Long ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:56PM

It's garbage. They recruit 17 & 18 year olds because they don't know any better. They wave $15-$17 an hour in the face of a gullible kids knowing they don't have enough job experience to know when something is bs. Is it a scam? Technically no but they are preying on the ignorance of these kids. I'm a parent of a kid that "worked" for Vector. Any company that asks my kid to lie about being a HS graduate (17 & won't graduate until next year) is shady to me. What company asks you to lie about your qualifications? And if my kid has to drive around, pay for all of the calls they make because Vector doesn't even provide a office to make the calls from, no gas or mileage reimbursement, what's the point? Kids may as well work retail, bag groceries, fast food or cut grass on the weekends. At least they will get paid for all of the effort they put in.

Posted by: Vector Employee ()
Date: July 15, 2014 01:20AM

So I work for Vector. I have these experiences.

-I am almost 25 years old.
-I was extatic about being hired he first day.
-I was enticed by the $17/hr.
-I was encouraged by the commission (Incentive Pay)
-I took extreme pride in the job.
-I followed everything to a tee.
-I have had 3 demonstrations so far.
-All three of those said there was too much information in the demo.
-I was told by the DM(District Manager) that it was my lack of "enthusiasm".
-We do have the "option" to buy the sample kit.
-They do push us to have as many appointments as possible.
-They do seem upset when we don't have the appointments or reschedule them.
-They do have an amazing product that they're selling.
-They do drill "scam sense" information into your head. (Secret weapon to close a sale, gears to follow when closing a sale, etc.)
-They do not appreciate a no sale, from experience, they look down on that and blame the sales rep.
-They will play favorites and select a "main star". (Someone who has the most connections or contacts, and sales.)
-The main managers, district managers, do get a commission when they hire new people, and when those new recruits make sales.

So, to me, this is a legit company following shady practices and techniques to sell or push their product. You have to follow the manual to a tee otherwise you are considered to be defiant and will be reprimanded. After being told it was my lack of enthusiasm that I received the response of too much information, I lost all respect for this company. All 3 of my customers said that I did an amazing job, they loved the presentation, and that I exuberated tons of confidence and enthusiasm! They just thought it was too much information. I will continue this to see if I actually get paid. I will keep this page bookmarked so I can fill you guys in more when I get some more experience :)

-Vector Employee

Re: wow
Posted by: Mike dubs ()
Date: July 16, 2014 10:20PM

Wow. That's a pretty negative response, sounds like you have a personal vendetta against Vector. You're also turning most things Stephanie said into broad accusations about all of Vector. I think she was trying to clarify, but you were trying to stretch to justify your position.

That's just what it seems like anyways.

Re: TRANSLATION
Posted by: Mad momma ()
Date: July 25, 2014 10:00PM

Why is my commission retracted if a customer returns items? I have not worked there in 4 months and I get a bill for over $160.00 because a custumer wasn't satisfied and returned the product. Where does a colleen student get that kind of money?

Posted by: P.I. ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:45AM

So i've been reading reviews and different message boards on this topic dating from 8 years ago to present. There is a an obvious pattern in the "testimony" of Vector employees almost as if their responses are scripted or based on the formula; I worked for vector and made Y, enjoy your crappy job at X.

Posted by: P.I ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:49AM

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Vector-Marketing/Vector-marketing-Big-scam/t8961/p12

this was from 88 months ago. read the responses of the pro vector people and compare it with any other message boards of the same topic. It follows a pattern.

Posted by: Vector employee (former) ()
Date: September 22, 2014 04:13PM

I worked for Vector for six years. The first year was hard, with all the sales training and lack of a solid sales list. I think I grossed no more than $15,000. But that was okay because I was just out of school and living with my parents.

It was in the second year that things started to take off. Many of my customers became repeat customers the next year. Some wanted additional cutlery while others were looking for gifts.

On top of that, they started referring their family members and friends to me. I mean, during our training they really stress asking for at least three more contacts but I never felt comfortable doing that. It felt kind of intrusive. I usually just left a few business cards and asked them to pass them on to friends they knew who might like some of our products.

Well, that second year I grossed $45,000 and was able to get my own one bedroom apartment. It wasn't a palace, but it was mine, finally away from my parents.

The third year I expanded so much I was able to hire a part time scheduler and assistant. She worked 10 hours a week for me. I grossed nearly $75,000 that year.

By year six I had over 300 regular customers and another 550 on and off buyers. I was pulling in over six figures a year, moved out of the apartment and moved into my own townhouse paying cash.

I sold my book to another Vector employee who had been around for longer and was looking to expand his franchise. He paid me $250,000 for my list and another $70,000 for a year for 20 hours a week work to train his sellers. I couldn't be happier. I put that money in the market and now just live off the profits.

My story isn't typical of a Vector employee but it shows that anything is possible if you're willing to work hard and be nice to people.

Posted by: Scam Scam Scam ()
Date: September 22, 2014 10:15PM

Vector employee (former) Wrote:
> I worked for Vector for six years. The first year
> was hard, with all the sales training and lack of
> a solid sales list. I think I grossed no more than
> $15,000. But that was okay because I was just out
> of school and living with my parents.
>
> It was in the second year that things started to
> take off. Many of my customers became repeat
> customers the next year. Some wanted additional
> cutlery while others were looking for gifts.
>
> On top of that, they started referring their
> family members and friends to me. I mean, during
> our training they really stress asking for at
> least three more contacts but I never felt
> comfortable doing that. It felt kind of intrusive.
> I usually just left a few business cards and asked
> them to pass them on to friends they knew who
> might like some of our products.
>
> Well, that second year I grossed $45,000 and was
> able to get my own one bedroom apartment. It
> wasn't a palace, but it was mine, finally away
> from my parents.
>
> The third year I expanded so much I was able to
> hire a part time scheduler and assistant. She
> worked 10 hours a week for me. I grossed nearly
> $75,000 that year.
>
> By year six I had over 300 regular customers and
> another 550 on and off buyers. I was pulling in
> over six figures a year, moved out of the
> apartment and moved into my own townhouse paying
> cash.
>
> I sold my book to another Vector employee who had
> been around for longer and was looking to expand
> his franchise. He paid me $250,000 for my list and
> another $70,000 for a year for 20 hours a week
> work to train his sellers. I couldn't be happier.
> I put that money in the market and now just live
> off the profits.
>
> My story isn't typical of a Vector employee but it
> shows that anything is possible if you're willing
> to work hard and be nice to people.

I call BS.

If you were truly pulling in "over six figures a year" then you wouldn't have cashed out for $250,000 plus $70,000 to train some idiots. The only way you'd do that is if you were elderly and about to retire, even then you'd be getting screwed.

This company is a scam, they spam sites like Monster and don't list any required qualifications. If you don't see requirements like education and work experience, then its either low paying grunt work or a scam where your boss is using you to make his/her money off your cold calls or door to door harassment.

Posted by: Rhiana ()
Date: September 26, 2014 10:07AM

I work for vector- love my job. We don't make people pay for a sample kit. We used to have people put a security deposit down on a sample kit since they had over $500 worth of CUTCO product and since most of the reps we work with are college students, you can see why we'd want to cover ourselves. We no longer do that, and haven't done that since December of 2010. So this information your spouting about something you know nothing about is false and highly misleading. Also, if it is your first day of a sales job, brand spanking new rep, would you want to see a complete stranger as part of your training or someone you know and are familiar with? If you think logically, you'd understand all the concepts this company has are basic principals designed to make this experience enjoyable and to make you some money. And I personally know people making $10,000 a week at vector. Its not an easy job, and not for everyone. But don't bash a job if you have no knowledge of the company. -Rhiana

Posted by: ekDxT ()
Date: September 26, 2014 10:15AM

Oh, go fuck yourself. Vector is a pathetic company that continually tries to justify their pyramid scheme model and we've all known that for decades. Your statement about the security deposit says, in other words, "the scumbags that are stupid enough to work for Vector are more likely to steal knives than someone at a real job."

If you think logically, you'll see that Vector Marketing is nothing more than lipstick on a pig. $10,000 a week at Vector?? - to anyone reading this, please don't believe that bullshit. That's over a half million a year. There are CEOs don't make that much. If it were that easy, everyone would do it.

Posted by: HKuey ()
Date: September 26, 2014 10:49AM

Vector employee (former) Wrote:
> I worked for Vector for six years. The first year
> was hard, with all the sales training and lack of
> a solid sales list. I think I grossed no more than
> $15,000. But that was okay because I was just out
> of school and living with my parents.
>
> It was in the second year that things started to
> take off. Many of my customers became repeat
> customers the next year. Some wanted additional
> cutlery while others were looking for gifts.
>
> On top of that, they started referring their
> family members and friends to me. I mean, during
> our training they really stress asking for at
> least three more contacts but I never felt
> comfortable doing that. It felt kind of intrusive.
> I usually just left a few business cards and asked
> them to pass them on to friends they knew who
> might like some of our products.
>
> Well, that second year I grossed $45,000 and was
> able to get my own one bedroom apartment. It
> wasn't a palace, but it was mine, finally away
> from my parents.
>
> The third year I expanded so much I was able to
> hire a part time scheduler and assistant. She
> worked 10 hours a week for me. I grossed nearly
> $75,000 that year.
>
> By year six I had over 300 regular customers and
> another 550 on and off buyers. I was pulling in
> over six figures a year, moved out of the
> apartment and moved into my own townhouse paying
> cash.
>
> I sold my book to another Vector employee who had
> been around for longer and was looking to expand
> his franchise. He paid me $250,000 for my list and
> another $70,000 for a year for 20 hours a week
> work to train his sellers. I couldn't be happier.
> I put that money in the market and now just live
> off the profits.
>
> My story isn't typical of a Vector employee but it
> shows that anything is possible if you're willing
> to work hard and be nice to people.

HAHAHA. 300 regular customers? You mean 300 people who were regularly buying knives? whatever.

I'll bet you your townhouse that you weren't actively working 850 contacts. That's impossible. I'll also guarantee that nobody paid a quarter million dollars for a list of people that might buy Cutco knives as a Christmas gift. You're all a big joke.

Posted by: Megynlynn ()
Date: September 26, 2014 11:05AM

HKuey Wrote:
> Vector employee (former) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I worked for Vector for six years. The first
> year
> > was hard, with all the sales training and lack
> of
> > a solid sales list. I think I grossed no more
> than
> > $15,000. But that was okay because I was just
> out
> > of school and living with my parents.
> >
> > It was in the second year that things started
> to
> > take off. Many of my customers became repeat
> > customers the next year. Some wanted additional
> > cutlery while others were looking for gifts.
> >
> > On top of that, they started referring their
> > family members and friends to me. I mean,
> during
> > our training they really stress asking for at
> > least three more contacts but I never felt
> > comfortable doing that. It felt kind of
> intrusive.
> > I usually just left a few business cards and
> asked
> > them to pass them on to friends they knew who
> > might like some of our products.
> >
> > Well, that second year I grossed $45,000 and
> was
> > able to get my own one bedroom apartment. It
> > wasn't a palace, but it was mine, finally away
> > from my parents.
> >
> > The third year I expanded so much I was able to
> > hire a part time scheduler and assistant. She
> > worked 10 hours a week for me. I grossed nearly
> > $75,000 that year.
> >
> > By year six I had over 300 regular customers
> and
> > another 550 on and off buyers. I was pulling in
> > over six figures a year, moved out of the
> > apartment and moved into my own townhouse
> paying
> > cash.
> >
> > I sold my book to another Vector employee who
> had
> > been around for longer and was looking to
> expand
> > his franchise. He paid me $250,000 for my list
> and
> > another $70,000 for a year for 20 hours a week
> > work to train his sellers. I couldn't be
> happier.
> > I put that money in the market and now just
> live
> > off the profits.
> >
> > My story isn't typical of a Vector employee but
> it
> > shows that anything is possible if you're
> willing
> > to work hard and be nice to people.
>
> HAHAHA. 300 regular customers? You mean 300 people
> who were regularly buying knives? whatever.
>
> I'll bet you your townhouse that you weren't
> actively working 850 contacts. That's impossible.
> I'll also guarantee that nobody paid a quarter
> million dollars for a list of people that might
> buy Cutco knives as a Christmas gift. You're all
> a big joke.

----agreed.

This is in no way plausible.

Posted by: EAA ()
Date: October 14, 2014 02:56PM

Vector can be an actual job, if you work hard. It's no different than Mary Kay, Avon, CaBi, Tupperware, the list goes on. In all those jobs you show the product first with family and friends and then you work off referrals, just like Vector Marketing.

If you work hard at any sales job (not just Vector but also the ones listed above), you make money.

If Vector marketing is a scam then so is Mary Kay, CaBi, Avon, Tupperware, ect.

Everyone says you have to do cold calling of refferals, have to pay for a sample kit, don't get paid for training, blah blah blah. But aren't those exact same things what happens in Mary Kay, CaBi, Avon, and Tupperware.

Just because people have bad experiences with a sales job doesnt automatically make it a scam. This job is not for everyone just like every other job out there in the world.

Posted by: WdEKm ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:06PM

EAA Wrote:
> Vector can be an actual job, if you work hard.
> It's no different than Mary Kay, Avon, CaBi,
> Tupperware, the list goes on. In all those jobs
> you show the product first with family and friends
> and then you work off referrals, just like Vector
> Marketing.
>
> If you work hard at any sales job (not just Vector
> but also the ones listed above), you make money.
>
> If Vector marketing is a scam then so is Mary Kay,
> CaBi, Avon, Tupperware, ect.
>
> Everyone says you have to do cold calling of
> refferals, have to pay for a sample kit, don't get
> paid for training, blah blah blah. But aren't
> those exact same things what happens in Mary Kay,
> CaBi, Avon, and Tupperware.
>
> Just because people have bad experiences with a
> sales job doesnt automatically make it a scam.
> This job is not for everyone just like every other
> job out there in the world.

No, dickhead, it's not the same. The thing that's synonymous with Mary Kay, Tupperware, etc. is "parties". They have people over and make a social event out of it. They also treat their "consultants" much better and tend to have more trust in them as a representation of their company.

Would there be a laundry list of people shitting all over Vector in this thread if they were the same? Clearly there are some differences that make Vector that much more of a shitty job than the others you listed.

Posted by: CemFD ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:11PM

Plus, by working there you associate yourself with these self-proclaimed Vector employees who are clearly lying about how you can be successful in this model.

Who you associate yourself with is a major determinant of success. Good luck hanging around that crowd.

Posted by: 3VkvJ ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:13PM

The one about the guy paying $250k for a book of business is my favorite. They're selling knives, not hedge funds.

Posted by: wceT6 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:17PM

How many knives do you have to sell to make $250,000? At that point, he'd just be breaking even for his list of people who want to buy knives as gifts. Again, you're all a big joke. I laughed at this job offer when I got it as a 19 year old college student. The fucking prick told me it paid $17/hour but wouldn't give me any details over the phone. Have some respect for yourself, don't work for this company that defines "pyramid scheme".

Posted by: Derek kline ()
Date: October 28, 2014 09:19AM

I worked for them and it is a scam I was wondering if they could call the cops BC I did not return there demo set of knifes ...

Posted by: Jeannette ()
Date: December 17, 2014 01:00AM

Im confused I was told it wasn't commissioned but I get paid 15.75 does that mean it's not hourly??

Posted by: Pay Attention ()
Date: December 17, 2014 01:47PM

It is a scam, just like Cutco, Primerica, Amway, and Boosterthon.

Posted by: antoinette ()
Date: January 12, 2015 05:42PM

omg!! I literally just experienced the same thing. I just moved down here from Idaho and I got sucked into a similar type job where its business to business selling tmobile phone plans and it was horrible. I had to spend so much money on gas and then I had to walk door to door in the cold just to hear no and tmobile sucks, which it does like c'mon. anyways I set up an interview and the receptionist definitely didn't let me ask any questions. and yeah I've worked with people before. WHAT JOB ISNT CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED IN SOME WAY DUHH. I definitely had a feeling this was sketchy so thank you for confirming before I drove an hour in fucking DC. :)

Posted by: Worker ()
Date: August 06, 2015 08:56PM

That just makes you the asshole not them.

Posted by: Fjckckcj ()
Date: August 25, 2015 08:49PM

I think so

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.