HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NOVA going to shit??
Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: February 21, 2006 05:46PM

I just wanted to know if anyone else on here thinks that the northern virginia area is and has been going to shit and is not getting any better. The people here are mean as shit, everyone drives like a bunch of morons who are in a hurry everywhere they go. I just dont understand, I used to love Virginia, if this shit keeps up, ill be moving down south as soon as I get outta school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NOVA going to shit??
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 21, 2006 07:26PM

i blame poor parenting. that and dirty hippies.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: 123 ()
Date: February 21, 2006 09:27PM

Don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave...... Toolio

Posted by: WashingToneLoc-ian ()
Date: February 21, 2006 09:33PM

It is Fairfax County. Prince William, Fauquier, etc., aren't as bad. You have a bunch of Type A assholes compressed into a confined space in Fairfax. Their asshole-ness spills out all over the place. You don't have to move south. Just get the hell out of Fairfax County.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 21, 2006 10:26PM

bow_wow(004-pointing-med).jpg

don't sell out just get the hell out

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 21, 2006 10:43PM

I like to think I make the county a lot less livable for everyone else. But especially assholes who live off Springvale Road, that road is for fags.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 21, 2006 10:53PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> that road is for fags.

sign4-a.jpg

SO TRUE

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: February 22, 2006 12:06PM

NOVA may be going down hill but compared to PG and DC, I prefer NOVA any day!

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: February 22, 2006 02:58PM

Every where around here is going to crap. Mostly because of people's attitudes. People just don't care about people anymore. It's not just NOVA, PG, and DC. It is everywhere. Parents don't watch their kids, don't teach them to be polite and thankful. Sex, violence and disrespect are everywhere. TV, Radio, Video games. I am not saying censor, but parents need to step up and teach kids that those things are not life. Life does not work that way.

Just my 2 cents. I understand everyone may not agree, just keep it cool and don't resort to name calling. I would love to hear from anyone and everyone about what I just said. But please, try to be respectful towards me. I sure will towards you.

Thanks.

PS I will ignore disrespectful posts, and I will not reply.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2006 02:59PM by SaMiViMa.

Date: February 22, 2006 05:06PM

SaMiViMa,
  i completely agree with you. while i may not appear civil on this site, i am polite and dont believe that those things are what life really is about. kindness and compasion go a long way.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: February 22, 2006 06:44PM

I try really hard to teach my kid to be polite and thankful. As such, I have to SHOW her how to live those ideals out by living it myself - at least in her presence. I also am very critical of the types of TV shows she can watch and the types of books I read to her (she's not old enough to read herself yet). I don't plant her in front of the TV without knowing what she's watching.

We searched hard for a preschool with any sort of values and thankfully I have her in one that is strong in teaching the same core values that I appreciate as an adult. It happens that the daycare is in a church and teaches christian values as well - which is a bonus and not a prerequisite.

Posted by: § ()
Date: February 22, 2006 06:47PM

This would be a good point in your daughter's life to introduce "South Park" to her viewing schedule. -§

Date: February 22, 2006 07:18PM

Actually she'd love the humor - crude as it is. She farts and giggles just like her dad. I'm not trying to raise an angel, just someone who can cope, make a living, and keep a sense of humor.

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: February 22, 2006 07:26PM

I grew up in southeast VA and went to school in southwest VA. While suburbs of VA Beach aren't exactly "deep" south, I thought dealing with assholes was something I was gonna have to adjust to by moving here. From my experience living here (an admittedly limited 8 months or so), people aren't any less polite. They suck at driving, but it seems that people are actually pretty decent around here.

If anyone's trying to get out of here to get away from impolite city folk, you better move much further south than anywhere in VA. Personally, I'd much rather deal with an occasional flip of the bird on the interstate than holier-than-thou bible-belters.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: February 22, 2006 07:33PM

Have fun in Utah!

Date: February 24, 2006 01:55AM

VA does have the shittiest drivers I have seen in any state, I would love to drop this place and move to NC.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 24, 2006 10:09AM

I definitely see worse driving when I visit my parents in PA. I am not sure if anyone in that area knows how to merge (technically yield) onto a highway. However, there is a lot less agressive driving and people don't freak out as much in snow- they just slow down. I do wish NOVA drivers would learn to stay right when driving slowly. And I guess it is true that I've seen a few U-turns on red in the last few months.

JigSAW- according to findyourspot.com, 5 of the 24 cities I'd like to live in are in NC. None are in Northern Virginia.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: February 24, 2006 11:28PM

"VA does have the shittiest drivers I have seen in any state, I would love to drop this place and move to NC."

I take it you haven't been to Los Angeles? It's fun with when a fifth or so of the traffic are illegials without insurance driving like shit. Or the mexico bound trucks you always see headed south, little pickups stacked to the brim with used mattresses or washers tied together with a few strings no doubt bound for sur de la frontera. People are more generally assholes out there too.

Date: February 25, 2006 02:28AM

I know LA is worse, I been there before, and your right. I would rather live in VA than LA.

Date: February 25, 2006 04:50AM

fuck it... just close the US/Mexico border then errect a 50ft wall (deep enough so you cant tunnel under) and setup motion sensing machine guns. if you really must travel between, there are planes as well as boats. we might as well set up a mile long razorwire covered fence in the ocean on the sides of the wall. as for deporting illegal aliens to Mexico, we catipult them over the wall... so they are shot on the way over by the automated machine guns. problem solved. :)

Date: February 27, 2006 02:10AM

I like that idea Gravis

Date: February 27, 2006 09:32AM

I only have one addition to that plan. It needs to be televised 24/7 on it's own channel...or maybe even streaming webcams.

Posted by: time machine36 ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:27AM

JigSAW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just wanted to know if anyone else on here
> thinks that the northern virginia area is and has
> been going to shit and is not getting any better.
> The people here are mean as shit, everyone drives
> like a bunch of morons who are in a hurry
> everywhere they go. I just dont understand, I used
> to love Virginia, if this shit keeps up, ill be
> moving down south as soon as I get outta school.

7 years later and yes it just keeps getting worse.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:29AM

time machine36 Wrote:
> 7 years later and yes it just keeps getting worse.

only if you are still mentally stuck in the past LoLz

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: February 10, 2013 12:19PM

Fairfax county has gone to shit because it is dominated by liberals. Just not as many percentage wise as PG or DC. So that is why NOVA is still preferable.

Warning: if you are liberal and you move to a right wing county to get away from ravages of liberalism be prepared if you turn up the wrong driveway.

You may very well be confronted by a protective land owner brandishing a firearm in one hand and a beer in the other.

This happened to me in Warrenton. I rolled down my window and said "howdy Sir". He answered "whatcha upta feller". I answered "lookin fir Meetze Rd. uglier 'n me. He said "up atta way", "care fir a bur acehole". I said "naw drivin ya know". He said "hev a goodn friend".

You frigin liberals would shit yourselves!!!

Posted by: Living Breed ()
Date: February 10, 2013 03:28PM

dieing breed Wrote:
> Fairfax county has gone to shit because it is
> dominated by liberals. Just not as many percentage
> wise as PG or DC. So that is why NOVA is still
> preferable.
>
> Warning: if you are liberal and you move to a
> right wing county to get away from ravages of
> liberalism be prepared if you turn up the wrong
> driveway.
>
> You may very well be confronted by a protective
> land owner brandishing a firearm in one hand and a
> beer in the other.
>
> This happened to me in Warrenton. I rolled down my
> window and said "howdy Sir". He answered "whatcha
> upta feller". I answered "lookin fir Meetze Rd.
> uglier 'n me. He said "up atta way", "care fir a
> bur acehole". I said "naw drivin ya know". He said
> "hev a goodn friend".
>
> You frigin liberals would shit yourselves!!!

Fuck you. I have kept my comments to a minimum concerning you. From reading your posts i thought you might be seriously ill or handicapped. But you rants about someones viewpoints go too far.

Posted by: NRA ()
Date: February 10, 2013 04:16PM

If everyone would just buy an assault rifle with a banana clip things would get much better. Oh yea and vote Republican.

Date: February 10, 2013 06:38PM

Well "living breed" you had the guts to voice your anger, but since you used that handle for the first time you're a coward.

Posted by: Blowtorch ()
Date: February 10, 2013 06:41PM

This has been happening for the last 2 decades. It's called invasion of the immigrants. We didn't use to have 18 people living in one house with 12 cars parked in the yard until the trash from south of the border showed up looking for work.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: February 10, 2013 07:41PM

I fail to see how this area can be described as a shit hole. Yeah, there are some areas that suck, but go to inner city NJ/NY or Detroit, and you'll be saying Fairfax is just fine.

Posted by: CGL7X ()
Date: February 10, 2013 07:49PM

Going to shit? Been there for a while now. Ever since the BoS went blue and raped the golden goose. Herndon was the model -- those with money left and now it's spanglish galore.

Posted by: otherside ()
Date: February 10, 2013 07:53PM

Yes. Nova has gotten much worse. Full of anger. It's a powder keg. Be careful. Peace.

Posted by: Mommie Dearest ()
Date: February 10, 2013 10:53PM

dieing breed Wrote:
> Well "living breed" you had the guts to voice your
> anger, but since you used that handle for the
> first time you're a coward.

Still living with mommie? You posted on another thread that you hired a bodyguard to protect you and your mother during the apocalypse.
You post about another troll being "chicken shit"?
Try defending mommie yourself.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:36PM

dieing breed Wrote:
> Fairfax county has gone to shit because it is
> dominated by liberals. Just not as many percentage
> wise as PG or DC. So that is why NOVA is still
> preferable.
>
> Warning: if you are liberal and you move to a
> right wing county to get away from ravages of
> liberalism be prepared if you turn up the wrong
> driveway.

I'm not liberal, but most countries are actually far more left-wing than we are. In fact, both the Democrats and the Republicans would be considered right-wing in most European countries.

Posted by: Dieing breed ()
Date: February 11, 2013 06:45AM

I'm a liberal and know where my shit lands. Blue Plains,Md.

Posted by: Geographer ()
Date: February 11, 2013 09:58AM

Dieing breed Wrote:
> I'm a liberal and know where my shit lands. Blue
> Plains,Md.

Hmmmm....perhaps "dieing" and whatnot has left you geographically challenged. Blue Plains is in the District of Columbia (that's "DC" to you stupid crackers who moved here 15 years ago to get a government position, failed in your efforts, and now bash "useless" federal employees while you slouch off to your contractor job). Care to try again?

Columbia Island is part of:
A) Washington, DC
B) Maryland
C) Virginia
D) Suburban Lincoln, Neb.

Posted by: wasdf ()
Date: February 11, 2013 10:03AM

>>going to shit
>>implying it was ever good
>>implying

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: February 11, 2013 01:10PM

I agree many but not all the parents around here and else where in the United States are like that. At least in the UK and more or less in France kids are much better behaved there. Kids here are given everything and the only thing they are asked in return is to involve themselves in selfish activities that only make themselves better (aka sports, academics, music) etc and that don't do anything for society. Instead of teaching kids how to share parents teach kids how to be selfish by not only giving each kid their own bedroom, but their own playroom in many cases. They get gas guzzling Suvs and Minivans so instead of teaching the kids to keep their hands to themselves they can just sit them so far away from the other kids they can't touch each other. They let do things like throw food all over carpeted areas and then disappear and don't make the kids clean it up. They spend lots of time writing blogs and posting on facebook about their kids, whom they hardly see because they are in day care all day...even often when the parents have a day off that is where they still go. The parents say they have to work because they "need" the money yet they then show up with a giant gas guzzler, coach purse, and manicured nails. I guess that is more important to them than their kids. What a sad world.

SaMiViMa Wrote:
> Every where around here is going to crap. Mostly
> because of people's attitudes. People just don't
> care about people anymore. It's not just NOVA, PG,
> and DC. It is everywhere. Parents don't watch
> their kids, don't teach them to be polite and
> thankful. Sex, violence and disrespect are
> everywhere. TV, Radio, Video games. I am not
> saying censor, but parents need to step up and
> teach kids that those things are not life. Life
> does not work that way.
>
> Just my 2 cents. I understand everyone may not
> agree, just keep it cool and don't resort to name
> calling. I would love to hear from anyone and
> everyone about what I just said. But please, try
> to be respectful towards me. I sure will towards
> you.
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS I will ignore disrespectful posts, and I will
> not reply.
>
> Thanks.

Posted by: Mr. Brunton transit authority ()
Date: February 11, 2013 01:39PM

Geographer Wrote:
> Dieing breed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm a liberal and know where my shit lands.
> Blue
> > Plains,Md.
>
> Hmmmm....perhaps "dieing" and whatnot has left you
> geographically challenged. Blue Plains is in the
> District of Columbia (that's "DC" to you stupid
> crackers who moved here 15 years ago to get a
> government position, failed in your efforts, and
> now bash "useless" federal employees while you
> slouch off to your contractor job). Care to try
> again?
>
> Columbia Island is part of:
> A) Washington, DC
> B) Maryland
> C) Virginia
> D) Suburban Lincoln, Neb.

Sounds like you know your shit.
A. Washington,DC

The Twin Islands are located in:
A. Washington,DC
B. Virginia
C. Maryland
D. Ontario,Canada

Date: February 11, 2013 02:57PM

Firstly, Whoever posted using my handle "dieing breed" and stated I'm a liberal and know where my shit lands is about as low as one can get character wise.

Secondly, I did move home to assist my mother and father in their final years. I woudn't dare be so self centered like all you self absorbed frightened liberals and put them in a nursing home against their will.

Thirdly, When I was a kid, we settled our disagreements with words if possible. Sometimes it became necessary to duke it out, and even then we went by an unwritten code of fair fighting. No punching in the face, no kicking in the nuts, no choking, no biting and no pinching. Just body shots, charlie horses, and wrestling holds which can be extremely painful. When one would say I give, the fight was over and no damage or injuries were permanent. Usually the two that fought became best friends

Back then all the guns and amo you wanted were readily available at the local hobby shops which were numerous. You could even buy amo at seven eleven. There were no murders and no accidental deaths of children.

I just wasn't interested in guns and so I don't own one to this day. Just because I don't have my own firearms arsenal does not make me a pussy. I have extraordinary hand to hand combat skills, but do realize that won't help much to protect momsy so yes I hired a marksman to train me and assist with marauders after the shit hits the fan.

As to "youngcurmudgeon", I'm well aware that this country is the only place on earth with any conservative morals left. This just shows the utter insanity of liberals condoneing massive legal and illegal immigration. The dipshits from other countries move here and vote into office the same type of communists that ruined their own country. This is why our country and county have gone to shit.

The truth hurts you libs. I definitely struck some of your nerves. If you will just humble yourselves and admit I'm right you wouldn't be so humiliateable.

Ultimately if you don't ask Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Saviour you will perish. Jesus is Lord and he is your only hope!!!!

Posted by: A Jewish Liberal ()
Date: February 12, 2013 07:12AM

dieing breed Wrote:
> Firstly, Whoever posted using my handle "dieing
> breed" and stated I'm a liberal and know where my
> shit lands is about as low as one can get
> character wise.
>
> Secondly, I did move home to assist my mother and
> father in their final years. I woudn't dare be so
> self centered like all you self absorbed
> frightened liberals and put them in a nursing home
> against their will.
>
> Thirdly, When I was a kid, we settled our
> disagreements with words if possible. Sometimes it
> became necessary to duke it out, and even then we
> went by an unwritten code of fair fighting. No
> punching in the face, no kicking in the nuts, no
> choking, no biting and no pinching. Just body
> shots, charlie horses, and wrestling holds which
> can be extremely painful. When one would say I
> give, the fight was over and no damage or injuries
> were permanent. Usually the two that fought became
> best friends
>
> Back then all the guns and amo you wanted were
> readily available at the local hobby shops which
> were numerous. You could even buy amo at seven
> eleven. There were no murders and no accidental
> deaths of children.
>
> I just wasn't interested in guns and so I don't
> own one to this day. Just because I don't have my
> own firearms arsenal does not make me a pussy. I
> have extraordinary hand to hand combat skills, but
> do realize that won't help much to protect momsy
> so yes I hired a marksman to train me and assist
> with marauders after the shit hits the fan.
>
> As to "youngcurmudgeon", I'm well aware that this
> country is the only place on earth with any
> conservative morals left. This just shows the
> utter insanity of liberals condoneing massive
> legal and illegal immigration. The dipshits from
> other countries move here and vote into office the
> same type of communists that ruined their own
> country. This is why our country and county have
> gone to shit.
>
> The truth hurts you libs. I definitely struck some
> of your nerves. If you will just humble yourselves
> and admit I'm right you wouldn't be so
> humiliateable.
>
> Ultimately if you don't ask Jesus Christ to be
> your Lord and Saviour you will perish. Jesus is
> Lord and he is your only hope!!!!

Hanging around for the inheritance?
That's cold.
Where I grew up you put your opponent in hospital or you lost the fight. Permanent scars were a symbol of manhood.
And we served our country in time of war.
Oh yea, jesus knew where the rocks were.

Posted by: Paint Your Bald Spot ()
Date: February 12, 2013 07:44AM

Wrong I do not necessarily believe in the concept of a God but more like a higher power that we numb nuts can't conceive of

My father died many years ago before I moved back here. Peanut program got terminated under bush. Mother died as a result of some asshole boyfriend who said dropped her but I think was mad at her. More like involuntary manslaughter you asshole if your still alive.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.