HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Aunt Susan ()
Date: September 21, 2008 05:45PM

Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly

Examiner Staff Writer 9/21/08
House minority leader John Boehner is urging Democratic leaders to stop a vicious anti-Catholic smear campaign against Republican congressional candidate Keith Fimian, who is challenging Democrat Gerry Connolly for a rare open seat in Virginia’s 11th District. All 157 Catholics currently serving in the House, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, should join their 25 Catholic colleagues in the Senate to denounce this vile attempt to denigrate their fitness for office.

Postcards mailed to voters on behalf of Connolly by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) portray the Fairfax County businessman as anti-women because he sits on the board of Legatus, a group of traditional Catholic CEOs founded by Domino’s Pizza magnate Tom Monaghan and endorsed by the late Pope John Paul II. Catholic League president Bill Donohue condemned the scurrilous ads as blatant “Catholic bashing” and demanded that Connolly publicly denounce them. Instead, the Democrat repeated the smears on TV.

Judging by the DCCC ads, the main issue in Northern Virginia isn’t energy independence, the faltering economy, taxes, or the war in Iraq. It’s women’s rights. But this is a dangerous line of attack for Connolly, a former seminarian who has some explaining of his own to do.

On May 19, the Fairfax Board chairman voted to extend a $2.2 million lease to the Saudi Islamic Academy, a madrassa known by local law enforcement as “Terror High”. The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom reported that textbooks used in the school justify the murder of non-Muslims and “do not conform to international human rights norms.” During public hearings, Connolly repeatedly characterized any criticism of the Saudi government-run school as “slander.” This supposed champion of women even apologized to the headmaster - who later pleaded guilty to obstructing justice for failing to report suspected sexual abuse of a five-year-old girl.

Federal Election Commission records may explain Connolly’s kid-glove treatment of a school run by a government with one of the world’s worst records on women’s rights. Employees and PACs run by two American firms listed as registered agents for the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia have funneled tens of thousands of petrodollars to Connolly and the DCCC – which paid for the ads that falsely accuse Fimian of wanting to force women to be more “submissive,” ignoring their own benefactor’s appalling record of doing exactly that.

The DCCC has gone over the line this time, and Catholic politicians in both parties should demand an apology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: September 21, 2008 06:03PM

Let's turn this into a 300+ page thread for obsessive-compulsives.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:18PM

The Catholic CHurch deserves a good bashing! They are anti female...anti science...hides crimianl activity against children within their ranks...anti-gay....hold on to 100 year old racial prejudices (the bubba vote) and believe they control the keys to kingdom!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:40PM

Catholics are such an easy target for humor. The only group easier to make fun of are muslims.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: RamblinRamboRedneck ()
Date: September 21, 2008 10:51PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catholics are such an easy target for humor. The
> only group easier to make fun of are muslims.

Don't forget us Rednecks are convenient targets too. Ya'll might
think yer smart, but ya aint!!!

Someday, we will take over!

REDNECKPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 22, 2008 12:22PM

RamblinRamboRedneck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Catholics are such an easy target for humor.
> The
> > only group easier to make fun of are muslims.
>
> Don't forget us Rednecks are convenient targets
> too. Ya'll might
> think yer smart, but ya aint!!!
>
> Someday, we will take over!
>
> REDNECKPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Heck..if McSame wins you'll be one heart beat away from taking over!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: The Reverend ()
Date: September 22, 2008 01:32PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Catholic CHurch deserves a good bashing! They
> are anti female...anti science...hides crimianl
> activity against children within their
> ranks...anti-gay....hold on to 100 year old racial
> prejudices (the bubba vote) and believe they
> control the keys to kingdom!

Contrary to what the Pope Benedict XVI said, there is hope for
you after all.

http://www.exodus.to/content/blogcategory/15/52/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 22, 2008 06:45PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: jpii ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:38PM

Connolly's not Irish Catholic? GD Heretic!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: September 23, 2008 02:01AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RamblinRamboRedneck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Numbers Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Catholics are such an easy target for humor.
> > The
> > > only group easier to make fun of are muslims.
> >
> > Don't forget us Rednecks are convenient targets
> > too. Ya'll might
> > think yer smart, but ya aint!!!
> >
> > Someday, we will take over!
> >
> > REDNECKPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> Heck..if McSame wins you'll be one heart beat away
> from taking over!



What an ignorant statement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 23, 2008 07:09AM

I thought my earlier statement was much more ignorant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 11:07AM

The Catholic League follows Catholic teachings only if they are in accordance with the Republican Party's teachings.

Fimian's memberships in groups that may be out of step with the majority of VA-11 residents is certainly fair game. Has Connelly misrepresented the actual beliefs/teachings of Legatus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 23, 2008 07:13PM

formerhick76 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Catholic League follows Catholic teachings
> only if they are in accordance with the Republican
> Party's teachings.
>
> Fimian's memberships in groups that may be out of
> step with the majority of VA-11 residents is
> certainly fair game. Has Connelly misrepresented
> the actual beliefs/teachings of Legatus?

+1

Connolly, as a Boston Irishman, is almost certainly a Catholic.

Nothing wrong with critcizing whack right-wing splinter groups...even if they claim to be Catholic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic-bashing, courtesy of Connolly
Posted by: hypocrats ()
Date: September 26, 2008 11:42AM

tubby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> formerhick76 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Catholic League follows Catholic teachings
> > only if they are in accordance with the
> Republican
> > Party's teachings.
> >
> > Fimian's memberships in groups that may be out
> of
> > step with the majority of VA-11 residents is
> > certainly fair game. Has Connelly
> misrepresented
> > the actual beliefs/teachings of Legatus?
>
> +1
>
> Connolly, as a Boston Irishman, is almost
> certainly a Catholic.

And in keeping with that, a drunk. look up gerry's felony hit/run- was DWI too. sniff sniff " cover up"?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **    **  **         ********   **     ** 
  **  **   **   **   **    **   **     **  ***   *** 
   ****    **  **    **    **   **     **  **** **** 
    **     *****     **    **   **     **  ** *** ** 
    **     **  **    *********  **     **  **     ** 
    **     **   **         **   **     **  **     ** 
    **     **    **        **   ********   **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.