HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lifeline intake center
Posted by: sewshi ()
Date: September 18, 2008 10:44PM

I was referred to this place at the beginning of my required DWI intake but didn't pay attention and forgot about it being the dumbass I sometimes am. I was able to reason with my PO to sign up for an intake at Lifeline in Fairfax City. Has anybody been through this? What should I expect?

I'm not exactly addicted to anything but I'm sure I admitted to smoking weed back in the day which is why I was flagged for this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lifeline intake center
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 19, 2008 09:05AM

I've done intake for prbation but not at lifeline, never heard of them.

Be honest with the dude about anything even remotely documented or provable that he asks about, but don't volunteer any new info he couldn't already have access to or won't in the future, and make sure you show up clean for the piss test they give at the intake. Oh and make sure you have a job, school, something that shows you are productive. If you do well at those things and have documents to prove it, can't hurt to show them to the intake guy or at least ask hm if he wants to see.

During the intake, all you have to do is be like yeah I fucked up and made some mistakes, I'm living the clean life now, etc. If you pass the drug test I would place the odds as very very low that you will be placed in a program. Those things already having waiting lists of people who NEED it, making people who seem to be on the straight and narrow already go is low priority. However, respect the fact that the dude can be punitive about it and treat him accordingly.

If your PO is giving an extra push for you to be admitted, that could pose a problem I cannot advise you how to get past. However, most PO's are just making you do the intake as a requirement and really don't want to help fill the programs with people who won't be helped.

Those programs are there for people who need help, and some people need to be forced for their own good. Present yourself as NOT one of these people and you should be ok.

Hope that helps. All from my personal intake experience.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.