HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Unnecessary Exposure: Fairfax Public School Teacher Has a Visibly Pierced...
Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: September 22, 2008 11:15PM

Unbelievable, the teacher has a toung ring get over it. There are a lot of bad teachers out there, and I think its no ones place to judge a teacher on an tounge ring. I had fat teachers, and Indians I could not understand at all. Some kids don't like fat people, you going to go and complain on them. Then those damn Indian teachers that cannot speak English, what a task that makes school.

Take it as a blessing your child got a teacher that can speak english. It's a poor job, getting paid a mediocre salary and having to deal with brats and even worse the overzealous parents and stupid room moms that gosisp over anything such as this. If you do not like this, maybe you should send your child to private school, because I can assure you their are alot of teachers that are worse; and who can blame them having to put up with such shit for such a small salary.

My God, I don't know this poster, but she annoys the hell out of me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unnecessary Exposure: Fairfax Public School Teacher Has a Visibly Pierced...
Posted by: Almost 60 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 12:19AM

Too bad most of you parents don't have better things to do than freak out over a pierced tongue. Body-piercings, tattoos, etc., do not imply low-class people. I attended a high-end beach wedding a few months ago. Bride/groom/friends in their late 20s and mostly grads of Virginia Tech, now working in professional fields. There were piercings on many of them and lots of tattoos on the backs, shoulders and legs of the young women. Maybe you just don't get out enough to realize how common this is now with younger people.

As far as exposing your kids to sexual attire and people wanting attention -- just walk them down your driveway and point out your neighbors. I'm sure there are plenty of Moms with tight, low-cut tops, short-shorts, and boobs bouncing around as they jog. Be sure to draw attention to the Moms with thin bras that have nipples showing through their tops. Point out the Dads without shirts, showing their gym-hard bodies -- pretty sexy, eh? Likewise, point out the BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Porsche, etc., autos going down the road. A basic plain Chevy will get them where they're going, but they need to draw "attention" to themselves to prove they're successful people. Likewise, the McMansion homes.

Get a life -- and give your kids one, too. Stop being prudes and use regular situations to explain to your children the diversity in the world.

P.S. I'm an almost-60-year-old woman, recently retired from a 37-year professional career, with a six-figure income. I grew up in the 60s and had friends that spread the spectrum of the times, the drugs, the booze, etc. I never did drugs, don't drink, don't smoke and have been married over 30 years. My parents raised us as grounded, open-minded, strong young people -- and taught us not to judge others. We were told that's God's role, at the end of time as we know it. Want to judge someone? Look in the mirror and start there.

Posted by: A Regular Poster Here... ()
Date: September 23, 2008 11:10AM

I met the teacher the other day. Mid 20s, new at teaching. I still do not know enough about her qualifications to say if she is a good teacher or not, that is not my point.

She spoke very strangely. Her lips moved, but her teeth remained closed. Clearly, she did not want me to see the piercing! Go ahead and close your teeth and try to speak intelligently. Not going to happen. You will come across like you a speech problem and I can now see why this is a distraction. Again, this is a DISTRACTION to the learning process.

For those who claim to accept this, I honestly doubt you would if it were your kid and their learning. But whatever, maybe you really do, and since you think that a tongue piecing does not have a sexual meaning, you probably just tell your neighbors that the sheep you keep in your closet are to remind you of the farm you grew up on. Again, whatever... I guess we'll read about your behavior in the papers.

Times are a changin'

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 23, 2008 02:03PM

We need pictures!

Date: September 23, 2008 02:28PM

To: A Regular Poster Here,

You seriously have personal issues. Now you're implying that someone with a "speech problem" would be a distraction in the classroom. Does that mean you feel that anyone with physical or mental limitations should return to the days of "out-of-sight, out-of-mind" -- go back into hiding? God forbid they are in the classroom with your child(ren) or you deal with them in the workplace or public settings.

The "sheep" comment just shows where your mind dwells. Maybe the parents of children who are in school with your child(ren) should be looking a bit closer at you and keep their kids far, far away. The pierced-tongue teacher may be the least of their problems.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 04:49PM

Truly FCPS must be great if this is the biggest complaint that can be mustered.

Our dregs are G&T students in 90% of public school systems. Virginia universities have to establish quotas to give students from other parts of the state a chance to get in.

Date: September 23, 2008 04:55PM

The teacher chooses to keep her mouth closed - it was her choice to sound the way she did. Get it?

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 23, 2008 05:00PM

A Regular Poster Here... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> She spoke very strangely. Her lips moved, but her
> teeth remained closed. Clearly, she did not want
> me to see the piercing!

Hmmm, I wonder why? Oh yeah, maybe because you complained to her boss?

>
> But whatever, maybe you really do, and
> since you think that a tongue piecing does not
> have a sexual meaning, you probably just tell your
> neighbors that the sheep you keep in your closet
> are to remind you of the farm you grew up on.
> Again, whatever... I guess we'll read about your
> behavior in the papers.

I really don't understand what is wrong with you. You seem to have some weird obsession with sexual deviancy... to the point where you create it where it does not exist. Perhaps you have some skeletons in your closet.

Posted by: Deborah Palfrey ()
Date: September 23, 2008 05:09PM

The teacher was probably biting her tongue to keep from calling you a complete fat ass moron. Learn how to give your husband a BJ and stop feeling so threatened.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 23, 2008 05:28PM

>> I honestly doubt you would if it were your kid and their learning.

I can't believe your child is not embarrassed that you are acting like this. Seriously.

Date: September 23, 2008 06:24PM

For the FXUG folks that cannot read:

The teacher has no clue I inquired about the piercing. I met her by chance when I dropped something off at the school.

Not a fattie housewife, I am 6 ft tall, 225 lbs. I am fit and married - but am a husband, not a wife...

For the rest of the recap, RIF.

Date: September 23, 2008 06:27PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> A Regular Poster Here... Wrote:
> >> I honestly doubt you would if it were your kid
> and their learning.
>
>
> I can't believe your child is not embarrassed that
> you are acting like this. Seriously.

------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I think I will let it go. Liberal Fairfax County has spoken through the dozen people or so in this thread, who think it is fine to have a tongue piercing, maybe more, and prance around in front of a bunch of elementary kids like this should be accepted.

Interesting...

Date: September 23, 2008 09:46PM

>
> Actually, I think I will let it go. Liberal
> Fairfax County has spoken through the dozen people
> or so in this thread, who think it is fine to have
> a tongue piercing, maybe more, and prance around
> in front of a bunch of elementary kids like this
> should be accepted.
>
> Interesting...

I'm not a liberal. However, if that label keeps me from being lumped in with your wacko mindset, okay with me!

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: September 24, 2008 09:39AM

> Liberal Fairfax County

Yeah, maybe there's room for you in Loudoun or Prince William, although I heard they voted Dem in 2005 and 2006. Maybe Fauquier, Warren, or Frederick Counties are more your style, since Rappahannock is probably too liberal for your tastes.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 24, 2008 10:01AM

> Actually, I think I will let it go. Liberal
> Fairfax County has spoken through the dozen people
> or so in this thread, who think it is fine to have
> a tongue piercing, maybe more, and prance around
> in front of a bunch of elementary kids like this
> should be accepted.
>
> Interesting...

Damn gun toting liberals on this board!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 24, 2008 10:12AM

>> lumped in with your wacko mindset

Dude, you're the one having a friggin' hissy fit about a piercing- you're in no position to tell others they are "wacko".

What kind of a man are you?

Posted by: totheignorantmother ()
Date: September 24, 2008 12:26PM

Are you fucking deranged???? You stupid NAZI cow, when was the last time you had your head examined??? What EXACTLY is WRONG with a pierced tongue? HOW is it "suggestive". A child seeing a person, in authority, with pierced tongue is going to percieve something he/she shouldn't??? How exactly??? Unless YOU, as a dumbass mother, tell your child that piercing is wrong, he shouldn't have get effected by it. I have kids, and shits like you are an excellent example of how I DO NOT wanna raise my kidsn like you!!!! People like your make me sick.

> Meeper, I hope this is not distracting, but I do
> understand the teacher was practically in tears
> over the request to have a conversation about the
> matter (as I was told by the principal).
>
> I have not made up my mind about moving my kid to
> another class. I would rather the teacher do the
> right thing and remove the piercing. Apparently
> one, maybe more kids have already left and the
> principal asked us not to talk with other parents
> out of worries that more (all?) might leave or
> make a request to leave her class.
>
> The first thing my kid said, right off the school
> bus, was about the piercing. And again the next
> day as well. Said it IS obvious and there.

Date: September 24, 2008 12:35PM

To the regular poster here...,

You might wanna consider moving out of Fairfax county. You'll fit right in, in the South or even PW county.

Date: September 24, 2008 04:35PM

Since most now are posting without readingmuch, if any of the thread, I think it is pointless to keep pushing this forward expecting support.

For those who keep telling themselves a tounge piercing is anything but wrong in a grade-school classroom at a public school, good luck with your kids, I'll stick to being conservative and live far away from the MTV generation that is so well embraced these days.

Moving to PW county would be laughable. The trash that is typically (still) found in that county would not only accept tounge piercings, but I am sure they have programs in middle school on how to get child care for their kids, and food stamp 101.

I should have expected that the South Lakes crowd here would also have little to offer for support on this. It is probably a prerequisite of faculty to have piercings there. Maybe now, I am sterotyping...

I do judge books by their covers. If you do not think it happens all the time, you have not been out much in the real world (not the MTV show you so embrace, either).

I have told my kid that piercig is wrong. But cited the health reasons for such. I have heard other parents have begun to pull their kids from the class in response to their own inquiry over the matter. I am sure it is just my values, Ha!

Posted by: Enough already, ARPH. ()
Date: September 24, 2008 09:16PM

> Since most now are posting without readingmuch, if
> any of the thread, I think it is pointless to keep
> pushing this forward expecting support.
>

You can't seriously think you were going to get a preponderance of support, can you?

When, in the history of recorded time, has anyone with so trivial an axe to grind as this one, ever found "support" in an internet user group?

You didn't come here looking for support. Just agreement. For a few bored schmucks who would briefly entertain your fantasy of leadership. You wanted to pat yourself on the back, even if for a fleeting moment, because you managed to distract JerkyEater and MasterDebater from their XBox 360 long enough to grunt approvingly in your direction.

Go interact with the three-dimensional people for a while, "Dad." Sounds like you need it.

Better yet, volunteer somewhere. People less well off than the residents of FFC could probably use a conversation partner (and Lord knows you love your own rhetoric), and it might actually teach you something about what's important in life.

Posted by: Happy2beHere ()
Date: September 25, 2008 01:27AM

Yes...God forbid an educator teaching pronunciation to children be able to sound out the phoneme of the letters of the alphabet correctly.

Posted by: Bacon ()
Date: September 25, 2008 03:21PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Having a tongue piercing is allowed under the
> student dress code.
>
> Srsly, why is it a big deal? Is it really a bad
> influence on your kid?

It basically says, "Hey, I like to suck dicks or lick pussies! I'm different in that I'm trendy and whorish."

Posted by: unbelievable ()
Date: September 30, 2008 09:34AM

I find it almost disturbing the attention that this is getting. As crazy as it may sound to you right-wing neurotics, there ARE people out there who get piercings and tattoos, simply because they are "body art." It's just ridiculous that these parents are making such a big deal over something that really shouldn't have any bearing on your judgment of this teacher.

So if there were another teacher who conformed to the typical teacher dress code/code of conduct/etc., but was a horrible teacher, that would somehow be better? I can't understand that logic. As long as your child is getting a satisfactory or better education, what's the problem?

I am a mother of two and, granted, I am still a young mother, I still don't see a problem with a teacher having their tongue pierced. What happened to freedom of expression? Are artists not going to be able to paint pictures with nude subjects next? Doesn't this seem silly to you? I have two tattoos, both which are very easy to hide, but I didn't get them to hide them. In my professional career, I would be offended if asked to cover them up. It is art in my eyes, nothing more.

You ridiculous over-protective parents are what's wrong with this country. Teach your children what's right and wrong and someone with a metal barbell through their tongue shouldn't be an issue.

Posted by: unbelievable ()
Date: September 30, 2008 09:42AM

> Since most now are posting without readingmuch, if
> any of the thread, I think it is pointless to keep
> pushing this forward expecting support.
>
> For those who keep telling themselves a tounge
> piercing is anything but wrong in a grade-school
> classroom at a public school, good luck with your
> kids, I'll stick to being conservative and live
> far away from the MTV generation that is so well
> embraced these days.
>
> Moving to PW county would be laughable. The trash
> that is typically (still) found in that county
> would not only accept tounge piercings, but I am
> sure they have programs in middle school on how to
> get child care for their kids, and food stamp 101.
>
>
> I should have expected that the South Lakes crowd
> here would also have little to offer for support
> on this. It is probably a prerequisite of faculty
> to have piercings there. Maybe now, I am
> sterotyping...
>
> I do judge books by their covers. If you do not
> think it happens all the time, you have not been
> out much in the real world (not the MTV show you
> so embrace, either).
>
> I have told my kid that piercig is wrong. But
> cited the health reasons for such. I have heard
> other parents have begun to pull their kids from
> the class in response to their own inquiry over
> the matter. I am sure it is just my values, Ha!

Ugh, you make me ill. How ridiculously close-minded and judgmental you are. You think that just because someone may sport a tattoo or piercing makes them "trash"? Wow, didn't Hitler make generalizations of groups of people like that, too? The only difference was his basis was natural physical features. That's just like saying that all people that wear Nikes are athletes. The people that will make snap judgments about someone without even taking the time to get to know them are ignorant morons such as yourself, sir. I know you find it hard to believe that there are people with tattoos and piercings out there that are intelligent, well-educated individuals, but believe me, we do exist. Grow up and worry about more important things. This is ridiculous.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:20AM

Everyone said what needed to be said. Seems like the parents should just home school. If they really want then they should have a class for kids, or even a guest speaker who comes in, and talks about tattoos and piercings. It is a kind of decoration that some people like and some people don't. Its a preference, harms no one until you make a big deal out of it. Its your job to teach your kid what you think they should like. There opinions will out do yours in the future anyway.

Think of it this way if you hide them from "life" then get ready to have a kid who will grow up close minded like you who's closed opinions will get rejected like yours are being rejected by most people here in this thread.

Have them understand why the teacher has the tongue ring instead of making it seem wrong. You don't help your kids by saying something is wrong and closing the situation with just "wrong".

Posted by: Someone who goes to school ()
Date: September 30, 2008 03:25PM

To thread starter:

You are an out of touch conservative prude (repetitive yes?). I think its funny that you go to this forum for support.. you miss one point: although this is an interesting conversation topic, we DONT GIVE A FUCK.

Posted by: silent majority ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:11PM

I support this parent completely.

The piercing is frankly unprofessional and does not belong in an elementary school.

What if thas covered with tatoos? and had dozens of piercings?

I somehow doubt many of these posters would make the claim that it is not a distraction.

At what number do we cross over from this teacher exercising her individuality to it just being gross?

Posted by: Snicker ()
Date: October 01, 2008 12:27PM

I can understand the "unprofessional connotation" that the piercing could convey. Nobody where I work gives a shit about my individuality or my right to express myself, so I voluntarily take my facial piercings out before I go to work every day. I accept what people expect as "professional", and it's not a big deal to me.

That said, I still think the mentality behind it is bullshit. I'm just as good of a worker with or without facial piercings. It's disgusting to me that people I've worked with for a couple years would immediately judge me negatively if I wore them to work.

So where do you draw the line? Does her tounge piercing make her any less of a capable teacher? If she had a hairlip, was in a wheelchair, had a birthmark on her face, or a creepy deformed hand, what do you think the child would tell you about his new teacher first?

If she was asked by one of her students during class about her tounge piercing, and she said, "Why, little Billy, I got this because it enhances my ability to perform fellatio; see, I even have this vibrating tip for it. Who knows what 'fellatio' is?" then yes, I could see a problem.

Maybe, just maybe, it could be something that makes her more interesting to her students, and thus, makes them pay more attention to what she says.

Posted by: Who gives a **** ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:01PM

Listen to yourselves! You are all turning into who you made fun of when you were kids!

Posted by: no one ()
Date: October 01, 2008 06:16PM

since when is a tongue piercing not suggestive? it originated to give better head. there is no other reason for it. had mine done in my early 20's...for that train of thought. i am now in my 30's and don't wear it because i don't want to advertise my personal life. the person who posted this has a point. but it would be far more influential at a high school level. maybe people are doing it now just because everyone else is. but what kind of message does THAT send to the young girls in our society? i have two teenage boys, and from what i have seen so far, we don't need anymore of these "I'll do anything to be accepted" girls. it has to start somewhere. why not kindergarten?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 01, 2008 07:38PM

they all must be sexual deviants.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
450piercingXX_tongues.jpg

Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: October 03, 2008 01:13PM

To: A Regular Poster

You need to crawl out from your bomb shelter, "Blast From The Past", realize this is the 21st century. You're lucky the only thing these teachers are doing is a tongue piercing. Maybe you should have your husband pierce you somewhere then maybe you won't have such a stick up your ass (or maybe you will! WHOOPS!)

Posted by: almost 60 missing the point ()
Date: October 03, 2008 08:14PM

I do think concerns about this are way overblown.

But that is not the point. Classroom teaching is very difficult, and especially for a young and lightly trained teacher. One can wax eloquent all day about uptight right wing neurotics, or how one should not judge a book by its cover, but really, is this something that the teacher should fight for? Hardly. Like it or not, even if unfair, it is and has become a huge distraction. Caring for the students and professional development come first - work is work and while you are there concern for focus and excellence must come first. Really good managers know this, practice it, and set a tone of seriousness that in the end works for all. The work is work ethic needs to practiced everyday, and it inculcates all sorts of integrity, especially in a "public" job like teaching. And to the extent that schoolteachers deign to be treated like professionals, well, they ought to act like them and avoid inviting needless distractions. And it is not as if there aren't any other number of less distracting ways in which one can express themselves.

By the way, unbelieveable, I understand your point about avoiding being overly judgmental with piercings and body art. But understand that there's a health issue with some of these practices - no reasonable medical professional is going to suggest that it is healthy to get plastered with tattoos (by way of example, hospitals are declining some forms of anesthesia in childbirth to women with "tramp stamps" on their lower backs for fear of harming the infant), and while I understand that physical expression should be left up to the individual, an excess of tattooing does to my mind rightly set off a judgment question as to how well such individuals are taking care of themselves. Heck, I am cautious as it is when going to competent,licensed medical professionals - I find it odd that so many people place trust in tattoo artists who "promise" they use clean needles and follow safe medical practices, but I guess that is just me. And any subjecting oneself to hepatitis or skin infections with alarming acuity just seems stupid. But again, it may just be me.

Posted by: 00 ()
Date: October 06, 2008 05:21PM

I agree with the original poster!!

To be taken seriously it is probably best not to have a tounge piercing.

Do you really think you will get that job if you interview with a tounge piercing - porn does not count...I doubt it

Do you really want your doctor or accountant to have a tounge piercing...I doubt it

Date: October 08, 2008 03:53AM

00 Wrote:
> To be taken seriously it is probably best not to
> have a tounge piercing.

that depends on who you are talking to.

> Do you really think you will get that job if you
> interview with a tounge piercing - porn does not
> count...I doubt it

that is called discrimination and i find supporters of such things to be offensive.

> Do you really want your doctor or accountant to
> have a tounge piercing...I doubt it

i wouldnt care either way.

btw, learn to spell tongue, you idiot.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: October 08, 2008 03:20PM

Hey Grandma - it's not the 40's. Face it, the only people that will teach your little brats are the young who still think they can make a difference. In 10 years people like you will have beaten them down to the point where they don't give a sh*t and they're only in it for the pension.

It'd be different if she had the Mike Tyson tribal tattoo on her face. And once your kids get used to the tongue ring they'll be back to picking on the fat kid, but don't worry - your kid is in her overly-protected bubble world of cookie cutter expectations.

You fucking overly sensitive, helicopter parents make me sick.

By the way, my daughter's 2nd grade teacher (last year) had a small eyebrow piercing and a tattoo on her wrist, but she's the best teach my kid has had yet.

Posted by: Snicker ()
Date: October 08, 2008 03:33PM

Fenix Wrote:
> Hey Grandma - it's not the 40's. Face it, the
> only people that will teach your little brats are
> the young who still think they can make a
> difference. In 10 years people like you will have
> beaten them down to the point where they don't
> give a sh*t and they're only in it for the
> pension.
>
> It'd be different if she had the Mike Tyson tribal
> tattoo on her face. And once your kids get used
> to the tongue ring they'll be back to picking on
> the fat kid, but don't worry - your kid is in her
> overly-protected bubble world of cookie cutter
> expectations.
>
> You fucking overly sensitive, helicopter parents
> make me sick.
>
> By the way, my daughter's 2nd grade teacher (last
> year) had a small eyebrow piercing and a tattoo on
> her wrist, but she's the best teach my kid has had
> yet.

1. The OP is a guy.

2. Responses like this only reinforce his already-established opinion that people who have body mods/support body mods are unprofessional, crude, and incapable of rational thought.

Almost everyone has a negative opinion of things that are different, or they don't understand. The OP is entitled to have an opinion, but I disagree with him that the person's worth as a teacher should be decided by a tounge piercing.

In this instance, you are acting just as close-minded as he is. It's not about the piercing, it's about accepting differences.

Posted by: 00 ()
Date: October 08, 2008 05:24PM

Gravis Wrote:
> 00 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > btw, learn to spell tongue, you idiot.

Thanks for the correction...I must have been distracted because my teacher has a tongue piercing

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 09, 2008 04:33AM

> In my kid's elementary school class in Fairfax
> County, the teacher has a pierced tounge...
>
>
>
> Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the
> first thing my kid says off the bus their first
> day of school is about the teacher's tounge that
> is pierced, I about hit the roof!
>
> I then come to find out, other parents are not
> pleased, one even pulled their kid out of the
> class!
>
> A call to the school got me nowhere. There is no
> dress code for teachers. "Fitting to their
> environment" was what I was told. Thanks to the
> Teacher's Union.
>
> A call to FCPS HR, confirmed all this. No policy,
> I should aim to resolve with the principal. A
> follow-up call was made and the principal advised
> me thatthey talked with the teacher and she was
> supposedly upset by the whole deal. Boo hoo.
>
> I have a reasonable expectation to be able to send
> my kid to school and have them exposed to a safe
> and secure place where learning is facilitated.
> The tounge piercing was reported to me as a
> distraction. I heard other partents also making
> comments.
>
> The principal told me not to talk with other
> parents about this so there was not a mass exit
> from that classroom. I was assured the teacher is
> wonderful and while I am not debating that, I know
> there is a time and place for everything, and a
> tounge piercing, or any other suggestive piercing
> should remain OUT of a classroom of a public
> school, dress code, or not.
>
> I cannot believe a dress code for teachers does
> not exist. I read the student handbook, and one is
> in there for sure, if you are a student.

Go back to the religious compound you came from. We can hire someone to replace you in the homeland security job that brought you here, and not have to listen to your whining anymore.

I hate tatoos and piercings, too. But I also have enough brainpower to realize that this is the best public school system in the country, and if a teacher has a piercing, I can overlook that because they are probably the best qualified to teach children, especially considering that it is hard to find people willing to start at 33,000 a year in a county where it is difficult to live comfortably with a salary less than 50,000 a year (and if you have a wife and kids, you really need to earn 100k+ to be comfortable.)

Is your fear that you won't get a blowjob from this teacher? Because obviously, that's why she has the tongue piercing in the first place, right? To suck cock?

Posted by: sinfulgirl ()
Date: October 10, 2008 02:17PM

Adults and professionals are here to set examples. I believe in your right for freedom to express however as a teacher your common sense should at least take over and choose not to express your personal preferences to minors, especially elementary school children.

Tattoos are an expression of art. Piercings are, well, piercings. But, once again, they should not be shown in the classroom.

Most industries/businesses have dress codes. Example: In my profession, flip flops, bare midrifts, sleeveless or spaghetti strap shirts (you get the point?) are prohibited. Thus, our educational system should follow the same.

Think about it this way. You were at a fine-dining establishment, that provided the best service in town. Would you want your server to serve you with their tattoos and piercings showing?

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 10, 2008 05:26PM

A fine dining establishment, with entree prices approaching 30 dollars, is completely unrelated to an elementary school in terms of dress code.

Date: October 11, 2008 12:18AM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
> Adults and professionals are here to set examples.
> I believe in your right for freedom to express
> however as a teacher your common sense should at
> least take over and choose not to express your
> personal preferences to minors, especially
> elementary school children.
>
> Tattoos are an expression of art. Piercings are,
> well, piercings. But, once again, they should not
> be shown in the classroom.
>
> Most industries/businesses have dress codes.
> Example: In my profession, flip flops, bare
> midrifts, sleeveless or spaghetti strap shirts
> (you get the point?) are prohibited. Thus, our
> educational system should follow the same.
>
> Think about it this way. You were at a
> fine-dining establishment, that provided the best
> service in town. Would you want your server to
> serve you with their tattoos and piercings
> showing?

Obviously fairfax county public schools would never hire someone who is covered head-to-toe in tattoos and has visible piercings all over the place. But a tongue piercing is generally not visible.

Of course, if the teacher constantly sticks her tongue out to purposely display it, that could be a reason to take action against the teacher. But I doubt that is the case here.

Posted by: tba ()
Date: October 13, 2008 09:10PM

What on this planet of the gods gives YOU the right to determine how someone else dresses? She is no more unprofessional than if she had her ears pierced if she can speak clearly and convey her message to her students.

Maybe your child needs to learn not everyone lives by the same rules?????????

Date: October 13, 2008 10:15PM

tba Wrote:
>
> Maybe your child needs to learn not everyone lives
> by the same rules?????????

Considering that public schools are generally the place where children learn to be conformist and to never question authority, that's probably not a lesson they want to be teaching there.

Posted by: sabrina ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:07PM

It shouldn't matter if the teacher has a piercing or tattoos if my teacher has piercings or tattoos which some of them did im fine with it its a art form and its cool.It would be a problem if it was a elementary school teacher.

Posted by: wow ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:42PM

496 Wrote:
> "I have a tongue stud and I have never once
> performed the sexual act you are speaking of."
>
> There's still time......

I feel horrible for her husband. Their sex life must suck! :(

Posted by: whutta ()
Date: April 18, 2010 08:51AM

Another thread that will go on for all eternity. An I'm mona help.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 19, 2010 08:32PM

Wow, going irate over a tongue-ring, and you say that you're "Not a prude"? Yeah, you're way beyond a "Prude", you're insane. Wait until your kids are teenagers.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: April 19, 2010 09:51PM

and still no pics~!?

Posted by: Doesn't Matter ()
Date: April 19, 2010 11:32PM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> Yeah, I would be uncomfortable if my child's
> elementary teacher had a tongue piercing. I agree
> it is a distraction, but it also speaks to the
> teacher's ability to exercise good judgement, and
> a lack of understanding of their position as a
> role model to the young children they teach.
>
> I would have less of a problem with it in middle
> school, and no problem with it all in high school.

STFU.

Date: April 19, 2010 11:34PM

> We were both out of town for the "meet the
> teacher" day...
>
> I have found out the teacher is in her mid 20s and
> has been teaching now for only a couple of years.
> The principal explained that folks from "that
> generation" are not as conservative as I might be.
> Well, I am not that far from "that generation" and
> do not consider myself overly conservative
> however, I do know this does not belong in the
> classroom of a public school. And Yes, at least
> one tattoo has been spotted, as well.
>
> Still, unreal that there is no dress-code. And
> apparently, no recourse...

STFU.

Date: April 19, 2010 11:36PM

> YeeHaw Wrote:
> -----
> > Since when was a tongue piercing "suggestive"?
> >
> > I agree it's stupid, but not suggestive.
>
>
> _________________________________________________
>
> Everybody who we have spoken with at FCPS, knows
> what virtue that equipment is for, Hardly the
> place for it in a public school. They just cannot
> force her to remove it due to the liberal policies
> in place. Sad.

OMG, STFU.

Date: April 19, 2010 11:50PM

Neen Wrote:
> KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> -----
> > Having a tongue piercing is allowed under the
> > student dress code.
> >
> > Srsly, why is it a big deal? Is it really a bad
> > influence on your kid?
>
> It certainly isn't professional appearing. I
> wouldn't want my lawyer to display a pierced
> tongue, or my doctor.
>
> Is this teacher a professional, or not? She can't
> have it both ways.

Actually she can you fucking fuck deprived cunts. Jesus. This is a PUBLIC school system supported by a union. What don't you get. If you want your children to be taught by a corporation who can enforce these things, it's called private school. Get a fucking grip. There are Americans fighting and dying in two wars right now but yeah, lets bitch and moan about a 25 year old with a tongue ring. STFU.

Posted by: Teacher ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:26AM

"Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the first thing my kid says off the bus their first day of school is about the teacher's tounge that is pierced, I about hit the roof!

I then come to find out, other parents are not pleased, one even pulled their kid out of the class!

A call to the school got me nowhere. There is no dress code for teachers. "Fitting to their environment" was what I was told. Thanks to the Teacher's Union.

A call to FCPS HR, confirmed all this. No policy, I should aim to resolve with the principal. A follow-up call was made and the principal advised me thatthey talked with the teacher and she was supposedly upset by the whole deal. Boo hoo.

I have a reasonable expectation to be able to send my kid to school and have them exposed to a safe and secure place where learning is facilitated. The tounge piercing was reported to me as a distraction. I heard other partents also making comments.

The principal told me not to talk with other parents about this so there was not a mass exit from that classroom. I was assured the teacher is wonderful and while I am not debating that, I know there is a time and place for everything, and a tounge piercing, or any other suggestive piercing should remain OUT of a classroom of a public school, dress code, or not.

I cannot believe a dress code for teachers does not exist. I read the student handbook, and one is in there for sure, if you are a student."

From your first sentence, it appears you are a helicopter parent. It is also apparent that you don't know how to spell "tongue" which is pretty damned funny since you are complaining about education. Personally, I think having a parent who is too stupid to spell the word "tongue" as an adult would be more detrimental than a tongue ring, but that's just my opinion. The fact that you were only motivated to action after you found out other kids' parents were upset indicates that you are a follower and probably a jealous, gossipy old nag. The fact that you called HR demonstrates that you have too much time on your hands: suppose you were out working or learning how to spell instead of phoning an office about your teacher's jewelry? Further, you seem to not be aware that sentences require subjects as evidenced by the pathetically inadequate phrase "Thanks to the Teacher's Union." That is what is called a fragment, so at this point you look like a helicoptering, nagging, gossipy, jealous old hag who can neither write nor spell despite having too much time on your hands.I'll bet your husband has either left you or works 100 hours a week to keep away from you, and I can understand why. This is mere speculation, but let me tell you what I know for sure: you are now seen as a pain in the ass to the school, and people are most likely laughing at you behind your back. Further, your kid is now known as one who has a troublemaking, intrusive mother and people will try to avoid getting him/her. I hope your griping about a young teacher was worth that, because you have now earned it.
This county has some of the best teachers in the country in it, and we have not gotten a raise nor a cost of living increase in three years. We knew we weren't going to get rich coming in, and I will be the first to admit that some teachers are pathetic at their jobs. However, most of us bust our asses and just ask to be left alone unless there is a serious beef- so how about doing it?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:34AM

Attachments:
Misc-OhSnap.jpg

Posted by: Typical Teacher ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:38AM

Teacher Wrote:
> "Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the> From your first sentence, it appears you are a
> helicopter parent. It is also apparent that you
> don't know how to spell "tongue" which is pretty
> damned funny since you are complaining about
> education. Personally, I think having a parent who
> is too stupid to spell the word "tongue" as an
> adult would be more detrimental than a tongue
> ring, but that's just my opinion. The fact that
> you were only motivated to action after you found
> out other kids' parents were upset indicates that
> you are a follower and probably a jealous, gossipy
> old nag. The fact that you called HR demonstrates
> that you have too much time on your hands: suppose
> you were out working or learning how to spell
> instead of phoning an office about your teacher's
> jewelry? Further, you seem to not be aware that
> sentences require subjects as evidenced by the
> pathetically inadequate phrase "Thanks to the
> Teacher's Union." That is what is called a
> fragment, so at this point you look like a
> helicoptering, nagging, gossipy, jealous old hag
> who can neither write nor spell despite having too
> much time on your hands.I'll bet your husband has
> either left you or works 100 hours a week to keep
> away from you, and I can understand why. This is
> mere speculation, but let me tell you what I know
> for sure: you are now seen as a pain in the ass to
> the school, and people are most likely laughing at
> you behind your back. Further, your kid is now
> known as one who has a troublemaking, intrusive
> mother and people will try to avoid getting
> him/her. I hope your griping about a young teacher
> was worth that, because you have now earned it.
> This county has some of the best teachers in the
> country in it, and we have not gotten a raise nor
> a cost of living increase in three years. We knew
> we weren't going to get rich coming in, and I will
> be the first to admit that some teachers are
> pathetic at their jobs. However, most of us bust
> our asses and just ask to be left alone unless
> there is a serious beef- so how about doing it?

Your adgenda is obvious. It has nothing to do with the original post. You forgot the line "best and brightest", please feel free to work that into the diatribe.

Posted by: pierced ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:53AM

> In my kid's elementary school class in Fairfax
> County, the teacher has a pierced tounge...
>
>
>
> Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the

ha ha ha can you give us an update when your kid goes to college? ha ha ha
>
> class!
>
> Teacher's Union.
>
>
> comments.
>
>
> in there for sure, if you are a student.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:55AM

Teacher Wrote:
> "Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the
>
> class!
>
> Teacher's Union.
>
>
> comments.
>
>
> in there for sure, if you are a student."
>
> From your first sentence, it appears you are a
> helicopter parent. It is also apparent that you
> don't know how to spell "tongue" which is pretty
> damned funny since you are complaining about
> education. Personally, I think having a parent who
> is too stupid to spell the word "tongue" as an
> adult would be more detrimental than a tongue
> ring, but that's just my opinion. The fact that
> you were only motivated to action after you found
> out other kids' parents were upset indicates that
> you are a follower and probably a jealous, gossipy
> old nag. The fact that you called HR demonstrates
> that you have too much time on your hands: suppose
> you were out working or learning how to spell
> instead of phoning an office about your teacher's
> jewelry? Further, you seem to not be aware that
> sentences require subjects as evidenced by the
> pathetically inadequate phrase "Thanks to the
> Teacher's Union." That is what is called a
> fragment, so at this point you look like a
> helicoptering, nagging, gossipy, jealous old hag
> who can neither write nor spell despite having too
> much time on your hands.I'll bet your husband has
> either left you or works 100 hours a week to keep
> away from you, and I can understand why. This is
> mere speculation, but let me tell you what I know
> for sure: you are now seen as a pain in the ass to
> the school, and people are most likely laughing at
> you behind your back. Further, your kid is now
> known as one who has a troublemaking, intrusive
> mother and people will try to avoid getting
> him/her. I hope your griping about a young teacher
> was worth that, because you have now earned it.
> This county has some of the best teachers in the
> country in it, and we have not gotten a raise nor
> a cost of living increase in three years. We knew
> we weren't going to get rich coming in, and I will
> be the first to admit that some teachers are
> pathetic at their jobs. However, most of us bust
> our asses and just ask to be left alone unless
> there is a serious beef- so how about doing it?

+1

Date: April 21, 2010 11:11AM

Teacher bumped thier own thread. I guess that explains why you forgot to work in "best and brightest".

Posted by: News Flash ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:51AM

teacher Wrote:
> Teacher Wrote:
> > This county has some of the best teachers in
> the country in it, and we have not gotten a raise
> nor a cost of living increase in three years. We
> knew we weren't going to get rich coming in.

Well guess what you’re not a rocket scientist! Nobody in these professions went into them to get rich either. In fact most of us don’t get rich in a job. Welcome to life.

Clerical office workers, accounting staff, retail clerks, dental hygienists, paralegals, computer programmers, coaches, policemen, fire fighters, flight attendants, editors, electricians, waiters, project managers, HR directors, nurses, blah blah blah

So why use that line?

Biggest difference is these employees don’t have your guaranteed retirement at taxpayers’ expense and a job for life. No raises. BOO HOO Do you know how many people are out of work or have taken pay cuts.

Date: April 21, 2010 01:04PM

Learn how to use commas you ignorant fool. Also, pick up a book on logic moron, I was talking about a specific profession- one in which computer jockeying parents with nothing to do can blame their failure as parents on teachers in an anonymous manner. End your questions with question marks.

You need to be smarter if you want to argue with me.

Posted by: Lord Fairfax ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:09PM

Attachments:
grammarpie.jpg

Date: April 21, 2010 01:23PM

>Teacher wrote
> You need to be smarter if you want to argue with
> me.

Hint, this thread is not about you or your adgenda. Start another please.

Posted by: real story???? ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:30PM

I think what started all this was a parent who made an advance at the teacher and she wouldnt have it!!!!

Date: April 21, 2010 01:33PM

Actually, I can do whatever I want to. I had to issue the verbal bitch-slap to a few morons- at least you were smart enough to keep your message short so I couldn't find out how dumb you are too.

Date: April 21, 2010 01:54PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Actually, I can do whatever I want to. I had to
> issue the verbal bitch-slap to a few morons- at
> least you were smart enough to keep your message
> short so I couldn't find out how dumb you are too.

Be sure to save one of those bitch-slaps for yourself. Ending a sentence in a preposition is incorrect. Did it hurt?

Date: April 21, 2010 02:13PM

Too is an adverb dipshit. To is a prep. BITCHSLAP

Date: April 21, 2010 02:17PM

Typical Teacher Wrote:
> Teacher Wrote:
> -----
> > Actually, I can do whatever I want to. I had to
> > issue the verbal bitch-slap to a few morons- at
> > least you were smart enough to keep your
> message
> > short so I couldn't find out how dumb you are
> too.
>
> Be sure to save one of those bitch-slaps for
> yourself. Ending a sentence in a preposition is
> incorrect. Did it hurt?

Read your first sentence.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:28PM

Too bad this isn't Sparta...this thread would have been tossed over the cliff at birth. It needs to die. It needs to die now.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:30PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Too is an adverb dipshit. To is a prep. BITCHSLAP

I return the dipshit and BITCHSLAP YOU TWICE. Fair? Now get back to class.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:32PM

Still not a prep. It's part of the infinitive verb form "to do" and you don't need to state the implied verb form, especially when it is inside of a noun clause being used as a direct object . I can to WHAT? Noun clause - "Whatever I want to" functioning as the direct object. Next! Any more education and I will have to start charging you. There is NO object of a prep needed there since it is NOT being used as a prep.

Posted by: Shitz ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:36PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Still not a prep. It's part of the infinitive verb
> form "to do" and you don't need to state the
> implied verb form, especially when it is inside of
> a noun clause being used as a direct object . I
> can to WHAT? Noun clause - "Whatever I want to"
> functioning as the direct object. Next! Any more
> education and I will have to start charging you.
> There is NO object of a prep needed there since it
> is NOT being used as a prep.

No it aint.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:48PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Still not a prep. It's part of the infinitive verb
> form "to do" and you don't need to state the
> implied verb form, especially when it is inside of
> a noun clause being used as a direct object . I
> can to WHAT? Noun clause - "Whatever I want to"
> functioning as the direct object. Next! Any more
> education and I will have to start charging you.
> There is NO object of a prep needed there since it
> is NOT being used as a prep.

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! You are full of crap. Nothing to see here folks.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:51PM

Thank you!

It always amazes me when people who are annoyed by threads take the time to WRITE BACK. How does that make sense? That said, the Sparta remark was clever.

It seriously pisses me off when lame brains like the op here take time out of their day to bitch that a teacher has a tongue ring. What the FUCK do you think is going to happen to your child? Do you think as a result of a piece of metal in someone's tongue your child is going to lose all sense of morality and wander blindly into some moral cesspool? Do you think that the tongue ring will catalyze a deicide, and the stories about some invisible arbiter who resides in heaven and judges our every action will seem less credible (how could THAT happen)? At the site of the tongue ring, will your child morph into a rabid nymphomaniac hell bent on performing fellatio on the casual passerby? Get with the times for god's sake and let your kid live his/her life.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:54PM

Since you don't even know what I SAID how can you tell if I am right. I assure you I am . I will be happy to point out some books that will help you to become less stupid.

Date: April 21, 2010 02:58PM

I will confess, however, that I forgot the question mark above, lending some creedence to the graph somebody posted lol.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 21, 2010 03:07PM

All this hype about a tongue piercing? Round up the hottest teachers and get their tits pierced with some captive beads!

Date: April 21, 2010 03:17PM

> Teacher Wrote:

> I'll bet your husband has either left you or works 100 hours a week to
> keep away from you, and I can understand why.

If you had READ the thread, before commenting, you would realize that it is the husband writing. Next class, comprehension. It's very important!

Can we clean up that "works 100 hours a week". Damn your face must be red from the slapping.

Closed thread for me. It's not about you. Get back to class. The original poster opined on a subject of concern in the classroom. Grow up. If you are a teacher you could have gone a long way to ease the concerns of this parent but instead started with insults, bitching about what your paid, how hard you work, the gamut.

Posted by: teacher ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:08PM

I hope you learned something. Let me know about those grammar books. It's not closed, I know you will read this. You got humiliated

Date: April 21, 2010 05:05PM

Wow, this thread made it back from the dead...

The teacher did not return to the elementary school for 2009/2010. The Principal had told me, given the opportunity to hire teacher, she wouldn't have done so based upon having the tongue piercing. The teacher was brought on by a previous Principal and as suggested in an earlier post by another, the union would back the teacher and the piercing.

As for some of the other comments made during the course of this thread, I remain proud to be conservative. I am a lifelong resident of this fine county and try to look past the transient transplants who have forever changed this place from how it once was. However, we'll save that for another topic...

At any rate, the teacher is gone. Good riddance!

Posted by: Common sense wins ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:14PM

Regular Poster, Thanks for the update.

Posted by: yikes ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:15PM

are you kidding me. your school must cringe when they see you coming ..... I would much rather have a teacher with a tongue ring then have my child exposed to someone as narrow minded as you . Conservative is not the word for you

Posted by: Relax ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:39PM

yikes Wrote:
> are you kidding me. your school must cringe when
> they see you coming ..... I would much rather
> have a teacher with a tongue ring then have my
> child exposed to someone as narrow minded as you .
> Conservative is not the word for you

Not to worry, your teacher will back tomorrow and the class will be on Capitalization. She's been on here all day making a fool of herself.

Date: April 21, 2010 08:18PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> It always amazes me when people who are annoyed by
> threads take the time to WRITE BACK. >
> It seriously pisses me off when lame brains like
> the op here take time out of their day to bitch
> that a teacher has a tongue ring. What the FUCK do
> you think is going to happen to your child? Do you
> think as a result of a piece of metal in someone's
> tongue your child is going to lose all sense of
> morality and wander blindly into some moral
> cesspool? Do you think that the tongue ring will
> catalyze a deicide,

I really have a handle on things. I know it doesn't seem like it, since I'm so busy correcting others but I am the teacher. Yes, I know my vocabulary seems limited in this post, for example, a teacher using the words FUCK (in caps, no less),bitch and "pisses me off"; the fact that I'm going on a tirade to begin with when it could be a teaching moment, but I digress, I'm am teaching your kids gooder!
Trust me! Did I mention I didn't get a raise?

Date: April 22, 2010 01:45AM

the sad thing about this whole situation is that people actually cared deeply about something so inconsequential.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: April 22, 2010 02:37AM

What's inconsequential about UNNECESSARY JEWELERY WITH SEXUAL UNDERTONES in a PUBLIC TEACHING ENVIRONMENT? Or did that slip by you?

Date: April 22, 2010 07:17AM

Look, a lot of what I said yesterday comes from the fact that I just love to argue with people, and everyone here needs to admit that it was kind of fun. In reality, perhaps wearing a tongue ring to school was not the best idea of all time: whether it is right or not, it is always advisable to be cognizant of the reaction your choices will make. I see this with students all the time: they do something to deliberately draw attention to themselves and then act shocked when they get negative attention. It's the way things go.
From my personal perspective, I have a ton of tattoos which are always covered, I wear jeans as often as possible and I do have a proclivity for profanity- even in the classroom (I also listen to Howard Stern a lot BABABOOEY). However, I have never received a complaint and, by and large, I think it is because people realize that I work in a PUBLIC school and my behavior ( and theirs) contribute to the norms and mores of our society. Still, I think there is an unreasonable expectation on the part of some that THEIR belief systems will be upheld within the realm of public education, and that view is myopic, misguided, and reprehensible. From my perspective, to charge into a school because of a teacher's fashion accessories is stupid. Perhaps the teacher in question was just being young and trying to balance her new profession with her personal life: I sincerely hope that a good educator wasn't chased out of the profession based on a few parents' personal feelings.

Date: April 22, 2010 08:04AM

Teacher Wrote:
> Look, a lot of what I said yesterday comes from
> the fact that I have too much time on my hands

i fixed it for you.

Date: April 22, 2010 08:23AM

It would appear that I am not the only one.

Date: April 22, 2010 08:51AM

Nobody 'chased' her or him anywhere, they CHOSE to FIGHT the issue like there is some noble or valiant reasoning behind wearing a piece of jewelry/ body art with sexual undertones, UNECESSARILY around CHILDREN, in a TAXPAYER SUPPORTED PUBLIC SCHOOL when the parents that pay his/her salary expressed concern.

SO FUCK THAT DERELICT ASS FREAK.

Date: April 22, 2010 09:09AM

The teacher was not in violation of a dress code. There is nothing suggestive about a tongue ring per se- it is a value placed on it from the outside. Granted, when you choose to adorn yourself with such items, you really shouldn't be surprised when you get a negative reaction, but still she was not violating anything besides common sense. Sexuality is VERY pervasive in schools because it is ubiquitous in society at large. I work in a high school and you can take my word for it, We even have milk advertisements in which Taylor Swift appears with a bare midriff and a pose that could be construed as suggestive. While most elementary schoolers would recognize the connotations of the milk ad, I doubt as many would see a tongue ring as something sexual. My point is people don't cease being individuals once they enter the school- it is not up to us to dress the way YOU want us to and, barring something excessive, it wouldn't be grounds for dismissal. There should not ( and are not) mandates about the way we need to dress as sartorial considerations are subjective unless they go WAY out of bounds- a tongue ring doesn't do that in the eyes of the county. Again, I sincerely hope that the teacher in question did not abandon the profession because she felt persecuted for a personal fashion choice.

Date: April 22, 2010 10:14AM

Teacher Wrote:
> The teacher was not in violation of a dress code.
> There is nothing suggestive about a tongue ring
> per se- it is a value placed on it from the
> outside. Granted, when you choose to adorn
> yourself with such items, you really shouldn't be
> surprised when you get a negative reaction, but
> still she was not violating anything besides
> common sense. Sexuality is VERY pervasive in
> schools because it is ubiquitous in society at
> large. I work in a high school and you can take my
> word for it, We even have milk advertisements in
> which Taylor Swift appears with a bare midriff and
> a pose that could be construed as suggestive.
> While most elementary schoolers would recognize
> the connotations of the milk ad, I doubt as many
> would see a tongue ring as something sexual. My
> point is people don't cease being individuals once
> they enter the school- it is not up to us to dress
> the way YOU want us to and, barring something
> excessive, it wouldn't be grounds for dismissal.
> There should not ( and are not) mandates about
> the way we need to dress as sartorial
> considerations are subjective unless they go WAY
> out of bounds- a tongue ring doesn't do that in
> the eyes of the county. Again, I sincerely hope
> that the teacher in question did not abandon the
> profession because she felt persecuted for a
> personal fashion choice.

If you are the original teacher poster, I wish that had been your answer in the first post. There are plenty of threads deserving of your arguments. In this case I felt a parents concern was marginalized when we all should be working together to resolve problems. Have a good one. Spell Checked:) Move on

Date: April 22, 2010 11:39AM

Guess what?

The Taxpayers are a public school teachers employer.
The Parents are the TAXPAYERS!
LIKE IT OR NOT they are your BOSSES if YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE A JOB TEACHING AT A PUBLIC SCHOOL. Take that shit to a private school and see if they allow it there. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT HAVING GUIDELINES AS TO WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE DRESS FOT TEACHERS AND IF THERE IS NOT THIS MUST CHANGE.

The fact that this was fought so adimately by the teacher instead of just removing the piece of offensive jewelery means one of two things:

EITHER THE TEACHER WAS TRYING TO START UP AN ATTENTION-WHORE MEDIA FRENZY OR HE/SHE DID HAVE ALTERIOR MOTIVES FOR MAKING SUCH A DISPLAY WHILE ON THE JOB TEACHING CHILDREN AND COLLECTING A CIVIL SERVANT'S PAYCHECK.

Posted by: TroII@AOL ()
Date: April 22, 2010 11:47AM

I also wave my uncut 2.5" cock (complete with yellow cock ring) at your children by the school playground. I dream about "piercing" each and every one of them. hmmmmmmmmmm

Date: April 22, 2010 12:11PM

^ ^ Another FAKE wanna-be @aol Troll post ^ ^

(Click the name 2 C the difference)

...Troll@aol ®, accept NO IMMITATIONS! (especially GAY ones)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 12:17PM by Troll@AOL.

Date: April 22, 2010 01:13PM

Well thank goodness, Troll, that your personal tastes as a taxpayer don't dictate reality for the rest of us.

Date: April 22, 2010 01:19PM

Teacher Wrote:
> Well thank goodness, Troll, that your personal
> tastes as a taxpayer don't dictate reality for the
> rest of us.

+1

Date: April 22, 2010 02:03PM

Teacher Wrote:
> The teacher was not in violation of a dress code.
> There is nothing suggestive about a tongue ring

Again, I sincerely hope
> that the teacher in question did not abandon the
> profession because she felt persecuted for a
> personal fashion choice.

--------------------------------------------------------

You are right, the tongue piercing was NOT in violation of any dress code. I had a chat with the Principal about that matter and was advised, "you can thank the Teachers Union" (for having a lax dress code).

Regarding the teacher, I heard she went to another school in the county. Gone, but not far enough... Am I (and other parents who thought it was a load of BS) supposed to care what the teacher thought? Wasn't it HER, who made the choice to pierce her tongue? Thought so...

Date: April 22, 2010 02:53PM

No, you , of course, aren't required to care. The principal was passing the buck , by the way, as he/she CAN ask for a school employee to modify his/her appearance. If the principal DID do that the teacher COULD have appealed to the union, but most of us would never do that as it brings unwanted attention. One of the best teachers at my school is a young woman who has a "sleeve" tattoo on her arm. If people were put off by her tattoo to the extent that they avoided her class or complained so much that she left the school, they would be missing out on a great teacher. The question often becomes which would you rather have: a person who is a great teacher but has an aspect of her appearance you disagree with or a mediocre teacher with an appearance you consider acceptable? I, of course, don't know the person in question, maybe she was an awful teacher anyway, but with the people that teaching attracts I think you better focus more on who cares about giving your child a great education rather than some trifling aspect of appearance.

Date: April 23, 2010 12:09AM

Okay lets dumb this down for dumb at heart.

Teacher chooses to wear a questionable/ offensive piece of JEWELRY she could have IMMEDIATELY REMOVED on the spot when she was informed it irritated/offended PARENTS of the STUDENTS SHE IS WAS BEING PAID TO TEACH in a PUBLIC SCHOOL. Thats like a teacher being asked to remove thier fucking baseball cap and making a BIG WHOOPDEE DOO about it citing no dress code and the fact that your a teacher so you should be able to do whatever you want because only the students(RIGHT NOW) have to abide by a dress code. See this dumbshit teacher transfered to a place that might not be bitching now, BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY DO CONFRONT HER IN THE NEAR FUTURE? IS THIS BITCH GONNA STOP TEACHING OR SOMETHING FOR HER VALIANT CAUSE?

THIS JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT MOST PEOPLE WITH DUMBASS BODY PIERCINGS ARE JUST AS DUMB ON A WHOLE, AS THIER FUCKING PIERCED NOSES, LIPS, AND TONGUES LOOK.

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.