HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Unnecessary Exposure: Fairfax Public School Teacher Has a Visibly Pierced...
Posted by: A Regular Poster Here... ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:12PM

In my kid's elementary school class in Fairfax County, the teacher has a pierced tounge...

Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the first thing my kid says off the bus their first day of school is about the teacher's tounge that is pierced, I about hit the roof!

I then come to find out, other parents are not pleased, one even pulled their kid out of the class!

A call to the school got me nowhere. There is no dress code for teachers. "Fitting to their environment" was what I was told. Thanks to the Teacher's Union.

A call to FCPS HR, confirmed all this. No policy, I should aim to resolve with the principal. A follow-up call was made and the principal advised me thatthey talked with the teacher and she was supposedly upset by the whole deal. Boo hoo.

I have a reasonable expectation to be able to send my kid to school and have them exposed to a safe and secure place where learning is facilitated. The tounge piercing was reported to me as a distraction. I heard other partents also making comments.

The principal told me not to talk with other parents about this so there was not a mass exit from that classroom. I was assured the teacher is wonderful and while I am not debating that, I know there is a time and place for everything, and a tounge piercing, or any other suggestive piercing should remain OUT of a classroom of a public school, dress code, or not.

I cannot believe a dress code for teachers does not exist. I read the student handbook, and one is in there for sure, if you are a student.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unnecessary Exposure: Fairfax Public School Teacher Has a Visibly Pierced...
Posted by: which one is the author field? ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:18PM

I agree. Kindergarten teachers who play on the floor with kids should wear formal business attire and heels. No wait, sweat suits. No wait, they should wear the same thing a HS shop teacher wears. No wait, they need whistles and high top Jordans. No, no no...maybe the teachers should wear what is fitting to their environment. How novel.

Re: Unnecessary Exposure: Fairfax Public School Teacher Has a Visibly Pierced...
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:45PM

I agree. Is she a younger teacher? Is she good looking? What school does she teach at? I will go over there tomorrow morning and demand to see her belly button to see if a simillar situation exists. I also needd to inspect her for tattoos. We cant be too careful!

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: September 14, 2008 06:55PM

Yeah, I would be uncomfortable if my child's elementary teacher had a tongue piercing. I agree it is a distraction, but it also speaks to the teacher's ability to exercise good judgement, and a lack of understanding of their position as a role model to the young children they teach.

I would have less of a problem with it in middle school, and no problem with it all in high school.

Date: September 14, 2008 07:02PM

We were both out of town for the "meet the teacher" day...

I have found out the teacher is in her mid 20s and has been teaching now for only a couple of years. The principal explained that folks from "that generation" are not as conservative as I might be. Well, I am not that far from "that generation" and do not consider myself overly conservative however, I do know this does not belong in the classroom of a public school. And Yes, at least one tattoo has been spotted, as well.

Still, unreal that there is no dress-code. And apparently, no recourse...

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:04PM

Why don't you home school if you want to protect your kid fron the real world?

BTW, without the "teachers union" there would be no teachers, or very damned few. Not many could satisfy 30 neurotic mommies at the same time.

Posted by: YeeHaw ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:14PM

Since when was a tongue piercing "suggestive"?

I agree it's stupid, but not suggestive.

Posted by: Rich ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:16PM

If she is a good teacher maybe it should be overlooked. You might be trading down if you take your child out.

Posted by: heyheyhey ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:19PM

Your kid is going to be so fucked up if you keep getting them out of every situation that you find to be intensively bad for there mind... I really think this society worries to much about there kids.

Date: September 14, 2008 07:20PM

tubby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why don't you home school if you want to protect
> your kid fron the real world?
>
> BTW, without the "teachers union" there would be
> no teachers, or very damned few. Not many could
> satisfy 30 neurotic mommies at the same time.

Real World? Give me a break. In the Real World, I get to pick where my kids go and who they hang out with. I stay away from Springfield Mall, and places like that with my family. LOL

I do agree with your closing point about how few there would be without the teacher's union. But that is another thread...

Date: September 14, 2008 07:21PM

YeeHaw Wrote:
> Since when was a tongue piercing "suggestive"?
>
> I agree it's stupid, but not suggestive.

Everybody who we have spoken with at FCPS, knows what virtue that equipment is for, Hardly the place for it in a public school. They just cannot force her to remove it due to the liberal policies in place. Sad.

Date: September 14, 2008 07:22PM

Rich Wrote:
> If she is a good teacher maybe it should be
> overlooked. You might be ****trading down**** if you take
> your child out.

I am afraid you may actually right. Scary...

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:40PM

I used to know a chick that taught kindergarten in a county school, and she had her tongue pierced. This was like 9-10 years ago too, so it's not something new among teachers. I don't think any parent complained about it, either.

And while I'd like to see the tongue-piercing trend go the way of the rotary phone, I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's pretty a pretty common among thing and nitpicking teachers to death about minutiae is probably a bigger distraction to our educational system.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:45PM

A Regular Poster Here... Wrote:
> tubby Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why don't you home school if you want to
> protect
> > your kid fron the real world?
> >
> > BTW, without the "teachers union" there would
> be
> > no teachers, or very damned few. Not many could
> > satisfy 30 neurotic mommies at the same time.
>
> ______________________________________________
>
> Real World? Give me a break. In the Real World, I
> get to pick where my kids go and who they hang out
> with. I stay away from Springfield Mall, and
> places like that with my family. LOL
>
> I do agree with your closing point about how few
> there would be without the teacher's union. But
> that is another thread...

Yeah, real world....there are screwballs everywhere, not just Springfield Mall. I've seen piercings and tattoos at Tyson's Galleria, that's pretty upscale, is it not?

Personally I think tattoos and piercings are proof that a person is nuts. Use such sightings as an opportunity to tell your kid what NOT to do.

Date: September 14, 2008 07:46PM

Meeper, I hope this is not distracting, but I do understand the teacher was practically in tears over the request to have a conversation about the matter (as I was told by the principal).

I have not made up my mind about moving my kid to another class. I would rather the teacher do the right thing and remove the piercing. Apparently one, maybe more kids have already left and the principal asked us not to talk with other parents out of worries that more (all?) might leave or make a request to leave her class.

The first thing my kid said, right off the school bus, was about the piercing. And again the next day as well. Said it IS obvious and there.

Date: September 14, 2008 07:49PM

tubby Wrote:
> Yeah, real world....there are screwballs
> everywhere, not just Springfield Mall. I've seen
> piercings and tattoos at Tyson's Galleria, that's
> pretty upscale, is it not?
>
> Personally I think tattoos and piercings are proof
> that a person is nuts. Use such sightings as an
> opportunity to tell your kid what NOT to do.

Fair enough Re: Tysons Corner.

My kid asked why one would want to punch a hole through their tounge for that.

It is tough to come up with any response that would not take away from the respect that my kid should have for their teacher. That is a great deal of my point about this whole deal.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: September 14, 2008 07:50PM

Are you afraid this is your child in the near future?

Date: September 14, 2008 07:54PM

>>> The first thing my kid said, right off the school bus, was about the piercing.

It sounds like you need to teach your child to focus on school work instead of what other people are wearing.

>>It is tough to come up with any response that would not take away from the respect that my kid should have for their teacher

How about, "it's a piece of jewelry".

Date: September 14, 2008 08:09PM

I'd make a call to Dale's office. I think that would solve the situation PDQ.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: September 14, 2008 08:23PM

>
> Everybody who we have spoken with at FCPS, knows
> what virtue that equipment is for, Hardly the
> place for it in a public school. They just cannot
> force her to remove it due to the liberal policies
> in place. Sad.

Seriously !?!? , "everybody knows what that equipment is for" Are you kidding me.. So every one of the thousands of people, man and woman, got it in the context of sexual pleasure? Wow, there must be a lot of dick suckers out there!!

So in your prudish logic, everyone who has a pager must be a drug dealer, and everyone with baggy pants must be a hoodlum and every kid that has a helicopter parent will be screwed up later in life...

Well that last one might have some truth to it....

Posted by: cover my ears ()
Date: September 14, 2008 09:52PM

oh my goodness, should I remove my earrings when I enter my classroom?

Posted by: 12C4C1 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 09:56PM

More to the point...the teacher's diction is most likely distorted; i.e., most people I've know with an object embedded in their tongue, speak with a lisp. Of course this doesn't help young students learning to speak properly.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:01PM

I know a few people with pierced tongues and their enunciation is just fine.

Posted by: 12C4C1 ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:12PM

Let's hear from the parents that have heard this teacher speech; sometimes the casual listener doesn't pickup on the speech nuances.

In any event, pierced tongues are mostly associated with lower class people and or people of limited culture and education . No wonder the students are shocked!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:16PM

Having a tongue piercing is allowed under the student dress code.

Srsly, why is it a big deal? Is it really a bad influence on your kid?

Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:56PM

I can't imagine a bigger non-issue.

Mom's who flip out about stupid stuff like this end up having kids with way more than their tongues pierced.

Date: September 14, 2008 11:06PM

Now I am not old and I am not prude, but when the first thing my kid says off the bus their first day of school is about the teacher's tounge that is pierced, I about hit the roof!

I imagine that if your kid's teacher had a glass eye, or an eye patch, or had some sort of facial deformity, or was missing an ear, a finger, or an arm/leg it would also be the first thing he/she talked about getting off the bus.
So really the issue here is not your kid paying attention. The issue is that you are in fact a prude despite the intro to your post.
If you hadn't made such a big deal about it your kid wouldn't have either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2008 11:07PM by Somebody.

Posted by: no no no ()
Date: September 14, 2008 11:52PM

its just not something an elementary school teacher should have because they ARE role models.
having your tounge pierced does look cute but it also shows less class and a bit trashy. especially usually when people do have their tounges pierced they stick their tounges out and just look nasty. lol

its like coming to teach young kids with your nipples pierced.
omg, she probably has her clit pierced! whata freak! mmmm

Posted by: Kd6Wt ()
Date: September 14, 2008 11:58PM

My High school English teacher could not spell.

Now there is one of the VALID reasons to take your kid elsewhere.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: September 15, 2008 01:15AM

Blame the Principal. She should have told this young teacher that a tongue stud is NOT appropriate in a school, or any other professional job.

I saw a waiter at Clyde's fired, in mid lunch rush, for wearing a stud in his tongue. Surely we can expect as much from our teachers as is expected of waiters.

If teachers want to be regarded as professionals, they have to learn to act like professionals. Professionals don't have pierced tongues at work.

Date: September 15, 2008 01:17AM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Having a tongue piercing is allowed under the
> student dress code.
>
> Srsly, why is it a big deal? Is it really a bad
> influence on your kid?

It certainly isn't professional appearing. I wouldn't want my lawyer to display a pierced tongue, or my doctor.

Is this teacher a professional, or not? She can't have it both ways.

Date: September 15, 2008 01:27AM

>
> A call to the school got me nowhere. There is no
> dress code for teachers. "Fitting to their
> environment" was what I was told. Thanks to the
> Teacher's Union.

No, it's not up to the union, it's up to the Principal. She's the boss, she decides what is appropriate in her school. The teacher showed very poor judgment and so did the Principal who hired her and didn't tell her that a pierced tongue is not appropriate for a teacher.
>
> A call to FCPS HR, confirmed all this. No policy,
> I should aim to resolve with the principal. A
> follow-up call was made and the principal advised
> me thatthey talked with the teacher and she was
> supposedly upset by the whole deal. Boo hoo.

Some people don't learn at home what is appropriate and what is not. What a shame this young woman had to be taught this way, but better late than never.

> The principal told me not to talk with other
> parents about this so there was not a mass exit
> from that classroom.

Principals ALWAYS tell parents not to talk to each other. They want the parent to feel isolated, like they are the only parent with the problem, etc. Ask the Principal if she thinks YOU are SO powerful that you could cause a mass exit from the classroom. My guess is, that's already about to happen. The teacher is upset because so many parents have complained. Your principal is terrible to have let this happen. It was her job to have told this clueless young woman that professionals don't wear tongue rings to work. DUH.

> I cannot believe a dress code for teachers does
> not exist. I read the student handbook, and one is
> in there for sure, if you are a student.

What professional job has a 'dress code'? Does someone tell a Doctor what to wear to work? Or a lawyer? If teachers don't know what is appropriate, professional attire, then their boss, the Principal, needs to inform them.

Principals control everything in their little fiefdom. The Principal hired this poor, clueless, woman. It was the Principal who either should not have hired her, or told her want to wear and not wear. The Principal should feel bad about letting his happen. Instead, she's blaming the parents for hurting this young woman's feelings. Don't feel guilty. You parents did nothing wrong, the teacher and the Principal did.

Date: September 15, 2008 01:33AM

> We were both out of town for the "meet the
> teacher" day...
>
> I have found out the teacher is in her mid 20s and
> has been teaching now for only a couple of years.
> The principal explained that folks from "that
> generation" are not as conservative as I might be.
> Well, I am not that far from "that generation" and
> do not consider myself overly conservative
> however, I do know this does not belong in the
> classroom of a public school. And Yes, at least
> one tattoo has been spotted, as well.
>
> Still, unreal that there is no dress-code. And
> apparently, no recourse...

Is the Principal refusing to do anything? She's ignoring the parents? She thinks this teacher looks professional with tattoos and a tongue ring? Gee, why am I not surprised? They don't care, they don't have to.

I would ask that my child be moved to a classroom with a professional teacher. His current teacher is clearly not a professional since professionals don't show up at work like that. If that doesn't work, I would call the cluster boss and then Dale.

What a shame we don't have school choice. If we did, you could move your child to a school where all the teachers were professionals and where Principals only hired professionals.

Date: September 15, 2008 02:04AM

Neen, because you are a loudmouth whiner, your children may get they teachers that you want, but your kids are going to have no idea how to deal with the real world when they are on their own.

Posted by: Quit being so ignorant ()
Date: September 15, 2008 03:06AM

wow... since when did appearance dwindle down everyone's views on how that person is? it's just a goddamn tongue piercing... does that make them less qualified to be in a teachers position than anyone else? they were hired for a reason and "oh jeez" they have a metal bar through their tongue you automatically think "OH MY GOD! this teacher is (pretty much) expressing themselves too much!" now let me guess... you think that the tongue ring is "too sexual for your little baby." They don't even know what the fucking point is to have a tongue ring! Lighten the hell up.

I know a lot of people that have piercings and tattoos but are dedicated in completing their major as an educational teacher because of the fact that they actually want to teach and motivate the younger generation into something more.

No matter what you do, time's are changing and if you think that complaining about this one teachers piercing is really gonna do anything then you are dead wrong. The baby boomers tradition is dying fast (sorry to bring that up). You just have to start realizing that 10 years down the road it's gonna be a whole different story. The faster you realize this, the less pissed off you're gonna be.

Posted by: Quit being so ignorant ()
Date: September 15, 2008 03:17AM

Oh and seriously think back to when you were a kid. Do you really think that a metal ball on your teachers tongue would distract you and keep you from learning more than if they didn't have it?

especially since you would have no idea why it's there or what it is in the first place. don't even begin to try to tell me that you would automatically know b/c no parent out there would talk about piercings or tattoos to their kid at an early age. get over yourselves. a student/child learns from the way a teacher teaches and from the methods that they use. whether it's studying a lot or because the teacher makes it fun. their appearances don't counteract how a child learns.

why is it any different than a high profiled lawyer or a government official having tattoos or piercings? are you really that dense to think that they don't have any? you can cover up anything nowadays.

Date: September 15, 2008 03:41AM

Is the only reason to get a tongue ring to give better head? I don't assume people get these things solely for sexual purposes.

When you meet someone with an unusual trait, the novelty wears off pretty quickly. I doubt something inside of someone's mouth is going to be much of a distraction by the end of the first week.

Complaining to the principal and removing your kid from someone's class just because she has a tongue ring is ridiculous, and it sends the completely wrong message to your kid. Your kid---with the help of good parenting---is going to recognize that the tongue ring is unusual and is something that's going to lead to the teacher's being judged in a different light than others. Your kid should also realize that it is perfectly legal to get a tongue ring and that, in general, snap judgments about character based solely on people's physical appearances are usually unfair and are often not accurate.

These lessons were lost on the lunatic parents in this thread. I hope their kids turn out differently.

Date: September 15, 2008 07:59AM

Look, I am all for accepting differences. For instance, one year in elementary school, my son had a teacher that was a lesbian. No one had their child switched from her class. She dressed for the elementary school environment, and didn't discuss her sexual preferences with the kids. She was a great teacher and the kids loved her.

But here, we're talking about a sexual piercing -- one that children will be conditioned into accepting as being "ok." I really think this is demonstrative of the teacher's ability to know what is appropriate in the elementary school environmnent. I'm willing to bet there will be many more inappropriate occurrances in her class this year. I hope you report back and let us know.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 15, 2008 08:22AM

this thread is dumb. the idea that the piercing is only for sexual reasons is ludicrous. seriously, who gives a shit? if your kid came home saying their teacher was indian (the real kind) with "the red dot" on her forehead would you yank them out of the class because they noticed? your kid wont notice it soon enough. you people are retarded.

file.php?2,file=2792,filename=gtfo+my+in
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MsW ()
Date: September 15, 2008 09:31AM

Mrs. K said:

>>But here, we're talking about a sexual piercing -- one that children will be conditioned into accepting as being "ok." I really think this is demonstrative of the teacher's ability to know what is appropriate in the elementary school environmnent. I'm willing to bet there will be many more inappropriate occurrances in her class this year. I hope you report back and let us know.>>

a "sexual piercing"? How many elementary school children have intimate knowledge of why someone MAY have a tongue piercing? By the OP making an issue of it, I guess they will now.

Please, there are much more important issues to be concerned with than a tongue piercing.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: September 15, 2008 09:32AM

It's a piece of jewelry, get over it. So what if every adult believes they know the reason she has it, do your kids? Do they care? Are you going to explain it to them? How are you going to explain why you are so upset over a piece of jewelry?

While you may not be so far from her generation, you are indeed horribly close-minded and conservative. You automatically 'hit the roof' because your kid noticed something unusual about the teacher. It wasn't that long ago, parents 'hit the roof' because the teachers wore skirts over their knees, or because they wore walking shorts to school. So, yes, you are out of touch and you are conservative.

Why are you judging her teaching abilities based on her wardrobe? Are you really that shallow?

No, don't answer that. We already know.

Date: September 15, 2008 10:49AM

A few points of clarification:

Yes, the tongue stud is a distraction that was reported to me. Prior to the day she got off the bus, the subject had never come up. Not age-appropriate for a nine year old.

Yes, others have had similar talks with their kids and some may be pulling their kid out of the class due to the lack of response by FCPS.

No, I am not prude. I am of the mindset that when I send my kids to school, that I have a reasonable expectation that their teachers will act appropriately for an educational setting. Tongue piercings are not appropriate here, period.

Yes, we all know what they are for. If one has one for decoration or jewelry, then they are more of a freak than some would give credit for.

Yes, I expect my kid's teachers to be role models, act appropriately, and provide educational opportunities and stimulation.

Yes, I think the teacher is being very selfish. And probably does not realize the rest of what is wrong with her picture she painted by keeping the piercing in place.

Date: September 15, 2008 10:52AM

Mrs. K Wrote:
> Look, I am all for accepting differences. For
> instance, one year in elementary school, my son
> had a teacher that was a lesbian. No one had their
> child switched from her class. She dressed for the
> elementary school environment, and didn't discuss
> her sexual preferences with the kids. She was a
> great teacher and the kids loved her.
>
> But here, we're talking about a sexual piercing --
> one that children will be conditioned into
> accepting as being "ok." I really think this is
> demonstrative of the teacher's ability to know
> what is appropriate in the elementary school
> environmnent. I'm willing to bet there will be
> many more inappropriate occurrances in her class
> this year. I hope you report back and let us know.

Agreed, on all accounts

Thank you.

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:07AM

I know some teachers that dye their hair.

This is very suggestive and my kids have asked why would any one change the color of their hair????? Other parents have expressed the same concern that this is sending the wrong signal to kids.

I can only guess that this thread was started by a bunch of women that don't know how to give good head and are afraid that there husbands might be turned on at the idea the teacher has a pierced tongue.

Get off your fat asses and go exercise!

Date: September 15, 2008 11:11AM

Lopter Wrote:
> I know some teachers that dye their hair.

Thats nothing, I was out with my kids and I saw a police officer with a tattoo!
OMG, these guys are supposed to be role models!
Since I have nothing better to do I am going to rally an army of bored housewives to try and get the guy fired.

Posted by: quantum ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:15AM

If I were the parent involved, I would caution myself not to overreact. But an important element of judgment in the workplace is being appropriately aware of the environment in which you work. This teacher fails on this score - because the piercing has now become a distraction to her performing her job - and by any means that job is already difficult enough without introducing needless distractions. Of course, on can harp on the principle that people take such a piercing too seriously and that times are changing and so on, but really to what end? There's a bunch of ways for a teacher to express themselves personally that don't cause trouble, and again, while perhaps not intentional, this person is creating is a selfish distraction. And while reasonable people may disagree, the piercing has sufficient sexual overtones that any teacher ought to stay a million miles a way from it in an elementary school environment. (It takes no imagination to reveal what 5th and 6th grade boys would say about this - I could guarantee it). Again, common sense.

And I agree with Neen's comment about being a professional, she is correct. One of the key elements of being a professional is to be flexible and adaptable, and this teacher, upon hearing that this issue has the potential to dilute her mission to cause students to obtain academic progress, should simply take the darn thing out. Most of us have to do things like this every day - especially with demanding clients and customers. And the notion implied that Neen is overprotecting her kids is completely inapposite. The message is don't use bad judgment at work, and don't fight for issues that are meaningless. Racial discrimination? Fight for that principle and do the right thing? Dishonesty or corruption? Ditto. But tongue piercing?

Regular Poster makes sense.

Posted by: another poster ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:40AM

Someone who thinks that anybody with a tongue ring is automatically dirt and only involved in sexual acts would seem to be very closed minded. I'm sorry that you're freaking out over this teacher, but maybe give her a chance and see how she teaches. She might be a very creative and involved lady. Also aren't we supposed to teach children to "not judge a book by its cover"? Or is that over with? I have a very good friend who teaches preschool in FFX Co, she doesn't have any weird piercings or anything, and dresses approprietly for school. After school though, she's a total freak, alcoholic, and indulges in drugs. She would never do anything to impare herself during school hours, she loves the children too much for that, but it just goes to show that you never know. Leave the poor girl alone, ask the principal to sit in a class one day and watch a class. If she's the spawn of satan and sexual fiend that you make her out to be, fine pull your kid out. Otherwise, drop it and use this as a teaching tool to show that everyone's special in their own way and to try and accept their differences. Better yet, ask your kid if she's nice, if they've learned a lot, did they have fun, that's what's important right?. The times are changing, try to keep up.

Date: September 15, 2008 11:41AM

>
> Yes, we all know what they are for. If one has one
> for decoration or jewelry, then they are more of a
> freak than some would give credit for.

My 16 year-old daughter told me she wanted one because they "look so cool". I think you'd be surprised at the number of people who get them as an act of suburbanite nonconformity rather than for its sexual enhancement benefits.

That said, one of the many reasons I gave her for NOT letting her get one: "Once you leave college, you'll have a heck of a time finding an employer who wants you for a professional position." THANKS A LOT, FCPS.

Posted by: DirtDigler ()
Date: September 15, 2008 11:44AM

She probably gives good head. Do you have any pics?

Date: September 15, 2008 11:58AM

quantum Wrote:
> If I were the parent involved, I would caution
> myself not to overreact. But an important element
> of judgment in the workplace is being
> appropriately aware of the environment in which
> you work. This teacher fails on this score -
> because the piercing has now become a distraction
> to her performing her job - and by any means that
> job is already difficult enough without
> introducing needless distractions. Of course, on
> can harp on the principle that people take such a
> piercing too seriously and that times are changing
> and so on, but really to what end? There's a
> bunch of ways for a teacher to express themselves
> personally that don't cause trouble, and again,
> while perhaps not intentional, this person is
> creating is a selfish distraction. And while
> reasonable people may disagree, the piercing has
> sufficient sexual overtones that any teacher ought
> to stay a million miles a way from it in an
> elementary school environment. (It takes no
> imagination to reveal what 5th and 6th grade boys
> would say about this - I could guarantee it).
> Again, common sense.
>
> And I agree with Neen's comment about being a
> professional, she is correct. One of the key
> elements of being a professional is to be flexible
> and adaptable, and this teacher, upon hearing that
> this issue has the potential to dilute her mission
> to cause students to obtain academic progress,
> should simply take the darn thing out. Most of us
> have to do things like this every day - especially
> with demanding clients and customers. And the
> notion implied that Neen is overprotecting her
> kids is completely inapposite. The message is
> don't use bad judgment at work, and don't fight
> for issues that are meaningless. Racial
> discrimination? Fight for that principle and do
> the right thing? Dishonesty or corruption?
> Ditto. But tongue piercing?
>
> Regular Poster makes sense.

Thank you!

Also, to further clear the record, I am not some heavyweight stay-at-home mom. I am the FATHER. But my wife does agree with me on this. Sorry, no pics. But rest assured, she is not a heavyweight, either.

Also, no pics of the teacher, I have not met with her yet. Back-to-school night is at the end of the month... I will not get pics for FXUG then, either.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: September 15, 2008 12:41PM

I agree with those posters that have mentioned the novelty of the tongue piercing will wear off quickly. You should concern yourselves with the quality of education she provides and not a piece of metal in her mouth.

I also agree that teachers should be role models. However, I see no reason a tongue piercing can prevent the teacher from meeting this requirement. While certainly not a typical piece of jewelry, it is personal expression. By jumping to the conclusion that the piercing is entirely for sexual purposes, I question where your mind is.

Date: September 15, 2008 12:55PM

Mark my words:
The only thing your kid will learn about this is that tongue rings are the absolute coolest thing in the world and the perfect way to rebel ten years from now.

Date: September 15, 2008 01:28PM

quantum says:

>>This teacher fails on this score - because the piercing has now become a distraction to her performing her job - and by any means that job is already difficult enough without introducing needless distractions>>

The piercing has become a distraction to her performing her job because PARENTS are making it a distraction. I seriously doubt the kids even care. Yeah, so they noticed it at first. But as long as she is dressed and groomed appropriately and doing her job, who cares about something inside her mouth?

If her face had multiple piercings and her butt crack and clevage were showing, that would be a different story.

Posted by: D ()
Date: September 15, 2008 01:47PM

Tongue piercings do not always equate to "sexual deviance." One can assume that any role model you select for your children, someone else can find fault with in some shape or form. The best advice is to allow this teacher some time to prove her worth as your child's teacher, because most kids will move onto some other obsession with a week. Next week may lead to something else. The more sheltered a child is, the more they learn on their own or through their friends down the road. You would be doing your child a disservice if you remove them from this classroom because the teacher has a piercing you find unprofessional or distracting. Remember, you opinion is yours, and not always the norm. You may be penalizing your child by removing them from the tutelage of the best teacher available, solely over a piece of metal....

Posted by: :P ()
Date: September 15, 2008 01:56PM

give her a break - maybe she's just looking for a little pre-pubescent action

Posted by: snowyt ()
Date: September 15, 2008 03:41PM

what is the big deal? Everyone is so, so uptight..geeez. do you really think that automatically makes her a bad teacher? Who gives a shit, if she is a decent teacher who cares. Ever hear, never judge a book by its cover?

Posted by: Mr. Garrison ()
Date: September 15, 2008 04:19PM

It's really going to be a shocker to these parents when they find out some Fairfax teachers are gay.

Yes, that's right a gay guy maybe teaching your kids right now! He may even have a framed picture of him and another man on his desk! Maybe he'll even get flowers from the guy.

Posted by: Jack Dale ()
Date: September 15, 2008 07:12PM

Okay, I solved the problem.

I have transferred this teacher to South Lakes High, effective immediately.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: September 15, 2008 07:29PM

Most of you miss the point. Yes, you can dye your hair pink. You can have a three-foot beard. You can be a nonconformist. And middle America will not employ you (unless you're so good or work for a .com entity). The Dress for Success guy had it right: you want decent work and respect, dress appropriately. Ben Franklin said "Eat to please yourself, but dress to please others." Ok, the dim witted teacher with the thing in her tongue can be the individualist (and one wonders how she was hired in the first place). But average American doesn't want nonconformists with split tongues, 50 pierced ear rings, tats, or other odd displays of nonconformity.

Posted by: Ike ()
Date: September 15, 2008 07:29PM

Jack Dale Wrote:
> Okay, I solved the problem.
>
> I have transferred this teacher to South Lakes
> High, effective immediately.

We have seen her credentials, very impressive. We accept her at South Lakes with open arms.

Thank You.

Date: September 15, 2008 08:17PM

Jimmy Wrote:
> Most of you miss the point. Yes, you can dye your
> hair pink. You can have a three-foot beard. You
> can be a nonconformist. And middle America will
> not employ you (unless you're so good or work for
> a .com entity). The Dress for Success guy had it
> right: you want decent work and respect, dress
> appropriately. Ben Franklin said "Eat to please
> yourself, but dress to please others." Ok, the
> dim witted teacher with the thing in her tongue
> can be the individualist (and one wonders how she
> was hired in the first place). But average
> American doesn't want nonconformists with split
> tongues, 50 pierced ear rings, tats, or other odd
> displays of nonconformity.

Exactly!

If you want to teach elementary (or any other students), then act right, and play the part.

FCPS said AGAIN, they cannot force the tongue stud out of there. They tried to get a dress code and standards however, the TEACHER's UNION was opposed and it is all about the teacher's rights.

I have a reasonable expectation that I when I send my kid to school, I do not have to explain - or hide the explanations for what the teacher does or says.

I am willing to bet that most, if not all those in favor of letting the matter slide, do not have a job that matters. I have certainly sent folks home for less than a tongue stud. Droopy pants and shirts that one could see through, are two I immediately recall. Anyways, I do not consider myself the moral barometer in all this, but common sense does say the tounge piercing is wrong.

Date: September 15, 2008 08:19PM

Jack Dale Wrote:
> Okay, I solved the problem.
>
> I have transferred this teacher to South Lakes
> High, effective immediately.

Jack,

Thank you. I know you would help. It is appreciated. South Lakes, Ha!!!

Date: September 15, 2008 08:59PM

> I am willing to bet that most, if not all those in
> favor of letting the matter slide, do not have a
> job that matters.

And you would be wrong. Again.

Date: September 15, 2008 09:14PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> A Regular Poster Here... Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I am willing to bet that most, if not all those
> in
> > favor of letting the matter slide, do not have
> a
> > job that matters.
>
> And you would be wrong. Again.

I stand (partially) corrected. Although I did sat most, leaving it open to some extent ;)

I trust you, so you do not have to assure me with an explanation of your chosen career. And I do appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read and/or respond in this thread. Even if you do not agree with me.

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: September 15, 2008 09:33PM

WHAT IF THE TEACHER WAS GAY!!!!!!! OMG ALL ARE CHILDREN WILL BE GAY!

Date: September 16, 2008 08:48AM

Ms W - yes, you are correct - the parents are making it that way. Maybe with good reason, maybe not. Whether the piercing connotes an overtone of sexuality, that is something to which reasonable people may disagree or have differing perceptions. But there's no doubt that it is a distraction, fair or not.

Hence you are willfully missing the point. The piercing has become a distraction. And the teacher already has an incredibly challenging job and it makes no sense to needlessly invite such a distraction. Teaching is difficult enough without making it harder, especially for a young teacher where guile, dedication and brains must make up for a lack of experience.

The vast majority of us working stiffs encounter the same kinds of things in the workplace every day. Individual expression is fine, but to the extent it causes attention to be shorn away from the serious matter of work it has to be modified or adjusted.

This shouldn't be a major issue for the principal - and neither should it be an issue of whether a teacher has a "right" to sport such a piercing. Simply don't wear it in the classroom. The key is that the teachers, like anyone else, should put themselves in the best position to succeed, and this just isn't the way to go about it. One can argue for common sense without being overly reactive or unduly casting negative aspersions about a person - exactly what I believe responsible folks are asserting here.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: September 16, 2008 09:03AM

She should be fired just for being annoying.

People with tongue piercings are annoying sheep-people. Ever notice how they have to stick the thing out like every 5 seconds so you can see it?

Watch next time. It's like a 4 year old screaming "Daddy look! Daddy look! Daddy look what I've got! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"

Their screams for attention are so awkward.

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: September 16, 2008 09:40AM

trogdor! Wrote:
> She should be fired just for being annoying.
>
> People with tongue piercings are annoying
> sheep-people. Ever notice how they have to stick
> the thing out like every 5 seconds so you can see
> it?
>
> Watch next time. It's like a 4 year old screaming
> "Daddy look! Daddy look! Daddy look what I've got!
> Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!"
>
> Their screams for attention are so awkward.

I've never noticed any of that.

Date: September 16, 2008 01:21PM

To the OP -- you said you haven't even met the teacher yet. Maybe you should meet her first before jumping to conclusions based on what other parents are saying and just because your child mentioned it.

Does she flaunt the piercing? Does it affect her speech and ability to be understood?

Date: September 16, 2008 02:42PM

MsW Wrote:
> To the OP -- you said you haven't even met the
> teacher yet. Maybe you should meet her first
> before jumping to conclusions based on what other
> parents are saying and just because your child
> mentioned it.
>
> Does she flaunt the piercing? Does it affect her
> speech and ability to be understood?

From what my child says, it is obvious and a distraction. she said it has clicked on her teeth.

I have yet to meet anyone with a tongue stud that did not have a slur in their speech, or some other distracting factor. It would be hard for me to ask the same without it being a leading question...

Posted by: cpl ()
Date: September 16, 2008 03:45PM

Honestly, people need to relax. You should tell your kid that is was her choice... seriously. As long as a persons decisions dont directly affect their ability to perform, let it be. I have tattoos all over my torso... I keep them hidden BECAUSE of people who are so ignorant they cant accept things and people as who they are. I'm studying to become a doctor... heaven forbid I have ink below my skin.. that obviously affects my ability to save your life..

Posted by: kids can be easily influenced ()
Date: September 16, 2008 06:03PM

No doubt this tongue piercing is a distraction in the classroom-merely by the fact that all the kids probably stare at her tongue whenever she talks. In addition, kids are heavily influenced by these teachers. My 8th grader last year was obsessed with getting a 2nd and 3rd ear piercing because her middle school art teacher had like 5-6 piercings in one of her ears. My 4th grader could not stop talking about the tatoo above her teacher's a** that was visible because she did cartwheels in the hallway-not sure why????

Kids-particularly girls-get enough negative influences from tv from nuts like Paris and Brittney-we don't need whacky teachers making it worse.

Date: September 16, 2008 06:40PM

If your kids are so easily influenced, shouldn't they be exposed to (gasp) such horrible things as piercings and tattoos while they are young and still willing to listen to you? So that you can explain why someone may decide to make these choices and what consequences they may have? One day your child will grow up and leave the house - teach them to make good decisions now. Obviously, what you believe to be a good decision will depend on your values.

And once again, it is a distraction because it is new and different. It will wear off (unless you continue to make it an issue). I'm sorry but I just don't understand why this is an issue when other aspects of the teacher's performance as so much more important to your child's education.

Date: September 16, 2008 08:45PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> If your kids are so easily influenced, shouldn't
> they be exposed to (gasp) such horrible things as
> piercings and tattoos while they are young and
> still willing to listen to you? So that you can
> explain why someone may decide to make these
> choices and what consequences they may have? One
> day your child will grow up and leave the house -
> teach them to make good decisions now. Obviously,
> what you believe to be a good decision will depend
> on your values.
>
> And once again, it is a distraction because it is
> new and different. It will wear off (unless you
> continue to make it an issue). I'm sorry but I
> just don't understand why this is an issue when
> other aspects of the teacher's performance as so
> much more important to your child's education.

Great post! Why not make it a "teachable moment" rather than making it such an issue.

Posted by: Hipster McCool ()
Date: September 17, 2008 10:50AM

Don't be such a square, Daddy-o.

Posted by: Great Idea ()
Date: September 17, 2008 12:59PM

MsW Wrote:
> Genevieve Wrote:
> -----
> > If your kids are so easily influenced,
> shouldn't
> > they be exposed to (gasp) such horrible things
> as
> > piercings and tattoos while they are young and
> > still willing to listen to you? So that you
> can
> > explain why someone may decide to make these
> > choices and what consequences they may have?
> One
> > day your child will grow up and leave the house
> -
> > teach them to make good decisions now.
> Obviously,
> > what you believe to be a good decision will
> depend
> > on your values.
> >
> > And once again, it is a distraction because it
> is
> > new and different. It will wear off (unless
> you
> > continue to make it an issue). I'm sorry but I
> > just don't understand why this is an issue when
> > other aspects of the teacher's performance as
> so
> > much more important to your child's education.
>
>
> Great post! Why not make it a "teachable moment"
> rather than making it such an issue.

How right you are!!

Our kids should be exposed to as much smut as possible in the early years!!

I hope the teacher tells the kid about any illegal drug use and maybe about her sex life too!

This way our kids can be exposed at an early age while we still have influence over them

What an unbelievably mindless and stupid argument.

Date: September 17, 2008 02:28PM

Calling a piercing "smut" and equating it to drug use and sex is about as stupid and mindless as one can get. Maybe it's the 1950's inside your home, but once you step outside you need to realize it's 2008.

Posted by: Narp ()
Date: September 17, 2008 03:58PM

Great Idea Wrote:
>How right you are!!
>
>Our kids should be exposed to as much smut as possible in the early years!!
>
> I hope the teacher tells the kid about any illegal
> drug use and maybe about her sex life too!
>
> This way our kids can be exposed at an early age
> while we still have influence over them
>
> What an unbelievably mindless and stupid argument.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a narrow-minded idiot!

Posted by: Caesar ()
Date: September 17, 2008 04:07PM

Dude, like wow, can't you see how kewl it is to be pierced? I mean like, man, it takes such great talent to get pierced. And dudes, like, all the best professors at all the most prestigious universities are so completely pierced. Like, just look at the faculty members at Stanford,MIT,Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Caltech and Yale who teach physics, computer science, mathematics, and biochemistry. Dude, they are ALL TOTALLY PIERCED...

Pfffttt..phukkin lowlife morons. Piercing is a desperate cry for attention from those who can not earn it on their own intellectual merits.

Date: September 17, 2008 04:26PM

Casear - LOL, I don't think that most people that get their tongue pierced are doing so in an effort to make up for lack of intellectual recognition.

Posted by: Caesar ()
Date: September 17, 2008 04:51PM

Genevieve-LOL I think most people get pierced do so in an effort to get noticed, because without the piercings, they are utterly undistinguished.

Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: September 17, 2008 05:04PM

Is the teacher in this thread yet?

Posted by: what school? ()
Date: September 17, 2008 06:25PM

Did the original poster identify the school?

How many piercings are considered acceptable? 5? 10? 20?

How about full body tatoos? Are they ok with you nuts?

I mean really. I have no problems with ear piercings (for women, that is), but any other body piercings are just plain unprofessional.

Anyone read about the school administrator who suspended the kid for dyeing her hair pink? They said it was a distraction to the "educational mission" of the school. The kid was 12 and her dad had died of cancer and that was her way of honoring him.

Schools seem to be extremely flexible with their employees but play the Zero Tolerance card with students.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 17, 2008 06:51PM

Schools have no tolerence for anything. Reciveing a text message from a parent saying that they have to take an emergency business trip and to get a ride from someone else is illegal, and the phone will be confiscated since it is distracting to the edumakashunal mission.

Oh and no wearing hats, its distracting.

Schools these days.

Date: September 17, 2008 10:25PM

Jimmy Wrote:
> Most of you miss the point. Yes, you can dye your
> hair pink. You can have a three-foot beard. You
> can be a nonconformist. And middle America will
> not employ you (unless you're so good or work for
> a .com entity). The Dress for Success guy had it
> right: you want decent work and respect, dress
> appropriately. Ben Franklin said "Eat to please
> yourself, but dress to please others." Ok, the
> dim witted teacher with the thing in her tongue
> can be the individualist (and one wonders how she
> was hired in the first place). But average
> American doesn't want nonconformists with split
> tongues, 50 pierced ear rings, tats, or other odd
> displays of nonconformity.

Exactly! With so many people applying to teach in our schools, why did the Principal choose THIS woman, someone who clearly doesn't know what is an appropriate, professional, appearance.

Date: September 17, 2008 10:35PM

cpl Wrote:
> Honestly, people need to relax. You should tell
> your kid that is was her choice... seriously. As
> long as a persons decisions dont directly affect
> their ability to perform, let it be. I have
> tattoos all over my torso... I keep them hidden
> BECAUSE of people who are so ignorant they cant
> accept things and people as who they are. I'm
> studying to become a doctor... heaven forbid I
> have ink below my skin.. that obviously affects my
> ability to save your life..

You are SO right to hide that junk. I wouldn't trust someone to save my life who had obviously thought so little of their own body. Please tell us that you are not studying to be a dermatologist.

I totally accept you for who you are, that's why I don't want you for my doctor.

I'm thinking you are in podiatry school.

Date: September 17, 2008 10:38PM

what school? Wrote:
> Did the original poster identify the school?
>
> How many piercings are considered acceptable? 5?
> 10? 20?
>
> How about full body tatoos? Are they ok with you
> nuts?
>
> I mean really. I have no problems with ear
> piercings (for women, that is), but any other body
> piercings are just plain unprofessional.
>
> Anyone read about the school administrator who
> suspended the kid for dyeing her hair pink? They
> said it was a distraction to the "educational
> mission" of the school. The kid was 12 and her
> dad had died of cancer and that was her way of
> honoring him.
>
> Schools seem to be extremely flexible with their
> employees but play the Zero Tolerance card with
> students.

Of course! Students have no rights. Teachers do. Why would we expect anything else from public schools? Bureaucracies keep themselves happy. They aren't there for the customer. Why would they be? There's no incentive to care about the students. If you don't like it, tough. "We the public schools, we don't care, we don't have to". Like it, or lump it.

Date: September 17, 2008 10:43PM

>
> If you want to teach elementary (or any other
> students), then act right, and play the part.
>
> FCPS said AGAIN, they cannot force the tongue stud
> out of there. They tried to get a dress code and
> standards however, the TEACHER's UNION was
> opposed and it is all about the teacher's rights.
>
> I have a reasonable expectation that I when I send
> my kid to school, I do not have to explain - or
> hide the explanations for what the teacher does or
> says.

Why would FCPS bother with a dress code for employees? It would only make their jobs more difficult. No one makes a rule that makes things more difficult for themselves, a rule that burdens them with more work. Also, no one can tell a Principal what to do in her/his school. We have 'site based management' in FCPS, meaning Principals can do whatever they want in their school.

Date: September 17, 2008 10:49PM

Quantum
I don't know if you saw my post to you in the other thread. Congratulations to your daughter! I know you must be very proud. Her achievement may also save you a buck or two in college! Congrats to her, and her parents too.

Date: September 17, 2008 11:13PM

Wow, I think Neen is the definition of jaded.

Posted by: OMG ()
Date: September 17, 2008 11:21PM

OMG one of the redistrictors have escaped!

Posted by: tatoos and more ()
Date: September 17, 2008 11:24PM

I think teachers who wear tight tops and bend over exposing tatoos above the bikini line are not exhibiting appropriate work place attire. Same for the spandex maternity skimp top look where some skin shows along with outie buttons.

Date: September 18, 2008 03:18PM

Neen - you surely jest. Posters have referred to me as a blowhard or stupid, so it is impossible that any of my offspring could reach any height of academic achievement. In fact, I am certain I would be on welfare but for this darn conservative and oh so politically incorrect Midwestern work ethic I picked up in my youth. But your thoughts are nice.

Date: September 18, 2008 11:42PM

I am horribly offended by the thought that everyone who has a tongue piercing is a sexual "freak."
I have a tongue stud and I have never once performed the sexual act you are speaking of. I have also worked at one of the most exclusive private schools in the area. The parents of our students were Senators, lawyers and doctors and they never once had a problem with my body modifications.
Your shear ignorance of the tattoo and piercing culture makes it known that you and the other parents who have such an issue with this teacher, are starting to date yourselves.
As the mother of a infant I am proud to be tattooed and pierced, and as the wife of a tattooed and pierced TEACHER, I hope the teacher you are treating with no respect understands the mentality of her students is far greater then that of their parents!

Date: September 19, 2008 12:04AM

Pierced and Proud - Color me skeptical, unless you worked in a hair salon, where shear ignorance (as opposed to the other kind, sheer ignorance) could cause significant customer satisfaction issues.

And I don't know what to think of your reference to physicians, members of Congress and lawyers. Did you neglect to include bill collectors? Or mortgage bankers, and especially those that have somehow managed to lose mega billions even with Government back guarantees? Or is the reference to elitist authority figures designed to make us believe that common sense notions when it comes to jobs and acting professionally are trivial and should be discarded? I don't buy it.

But no matter. If you are authentic, you are willfully missing the point. Of course it is possible that an experienced and well qualified teacher, having once established a solid reputation, could wear any number of things that might cause others to look askance. Experience, reputation and classroom management skill can overcome distractions. But that is not the relevant set of facts here. By all accounts, this is a young teacher - doing one of the hardest jobs around and learning her craft- and the focus should be on the students and their achievement and in that vein, common sense should prevail and this teacher should dress and act in a way that invites the least amount of distraction. But then again, as Neen suggests, if the objective is to make the bureaucracy as comfortable as possible, then common sense and dedication to the workplace while at work just gets in the way.

Posted by: Pierced and proud ()
Date: September 19, 2008 12:20AM

Sheer... sorry you try spelling when you have been up for 28 hours with a teething 4 month old.

I mentioned that some of the parents are members of congress and lawyers simply due to the fact that it was mentioned that people in those types of professions either do not have these modifications or that they have dress codes. They may but they don't seem to care what their precious children's teachers looked like. I also worked for people who owned their own businesses, worked in I.T. jobs, and even teachers.

I have to add as well MOST PEOPLE don't have common sense!!! It's not just the government.

I felt the need to post because it hurt me to see that this teacher was being judged even before she had a chance to prove herself. I agree 100% that it is one of the hardest jobs around. Both myself and my husband have degrees in education (different fields.) Just because someone has a body modification however does not mean that they do not care for these children above and beyond, and that she will not strive to the best of her ability to make sure they get the education they deserve.

As my mother always said. You can't judge a book by it's cover!

Date: September 19, 2008 04:02AM

If this teacher didn't want to be judged as a non professional, then she should behave and dress appropriately for her position.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:23AM

Neen,

Seriously: it's called a 'penis'. Having one inside you will just release that tension and make you a newer, more pliable woman, perhaps even capable of joy and obtaining a brighter, happier future.

I know this mission could be tough, but I hear there are male hookers hanging around Annandale, waiting to provide 'psychological services' to a woman like you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2008 10:23AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 02:53PM

"I have a tongue stud and I have never once performed the sexual act you are speaking of."

There's still time......

Posted by: Melanie ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:02PM

I think a big chill pill is called for here. What does having a pierced tongue have to do with being able to teach? I don't have any piercings on my tongue, nose, navel, etc, but who's to say pierced ears aren't bizarre? This teacher could be the smartest person your child will ever be exposed to, but your closed-minded ways are preventing even the chance to see how this person teaches. I think your lack of intelligence is quite ignorant. I would hope there are more important issues going on in the school system that you can get involved in rather than who has a pierced tongue and if it's right or not.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.