HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
what was the deal with that low-flying helicopter that circled the air for almost 3 hours last night?
Posted by: MaryPat ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:14PM

what was the deal with that helicopter that circled the air for almost 3 hours last night? It started around 9PM and finally ended around 11:40PM. It was
real loud, because the pilot was flying real low, maybe 500 feet to 700 feet.

This was in the northern part of the county...

I even called the police non-emergency line and as soon as I said "helicoptor"
the dispatcher said "we're aware of the situation"... apparently I was one of
the dozens of people who called and complained....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what was the deal with that low-flying helicopter that circled the air for almost 3 hours last night?
Posted by: eric543923 ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:28PM

hey thanks for calling the police non-emergency line. it is always great when someone calls the police department to ask about what the helicopter is doing. if they are up over the same area for a long period of time they are on a police mission. you calling to complain will not get them off their police mission. also so you know the people that you talk to at the non-emergency number are the same people that answer all 9-1-1 calls as well and are a limited resource.

i have an idea...if you would like to make a complaint about it, write down the date and time it happened, then during the regular business day make a complaint. dont call just to be nosy and mask it as a complaint.....

Re: what was the deal with that low-flying helicopter that circled the air for almost 3 hours last night?
Posted by: Corben ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:33PM

"Dean Settle wrote on Apr 22, 2008 10:33 PM:"

" If he'd actually been under the influence, he'd at least have an excuse. Since he was sober, perhaps they can just take his license. I know I don't want to share a highway with him. "

Confused Driver Ends Up In Potomac River

(Created: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:24 PM EDT)

A man driving around the Algonkian Park boat landing last night ended up with his car in the river.

Around 10:30 p.m., a man was driving on Fairway Drive in through the park, when, according to authorities, he became confused about where he was and drove down the boat ramp and into the Potomac River.

Loudoun County fire and rescue personnel and crews from Montgomery County, MD, responded to the scene, where the man was able to leave the car uninjured. His car was submerged in the river.

Loudoun County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Kraig Troxell said the heavy current of the Potomac River from recent rains caused the car to be pinned against something once it was underwater. Beginning Tuesday, April 22, the U.S. Coast Guard worked to remove the vehicle from the river.

"There is no indication at this time that [the driver] was under the influence of alcohol," Troxell said.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 23, 2008 08:25PM

file.php?2,file=2212
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: April 23, 2008 09:52PM

I have no complains for the FCPD Helicopter.

They were able to answer my call when I needed them most and provided real support with their technology. Thanks!!

Posted by: gtsf ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:51AM

how many times are we going to see this topic..."ummmmmmm like why was the helicopter up all night"? Cause it was called up. shut the fuck up.

Posted by: escapee ()
Date: April 24, 2008 08:10AM

yo cuz they was after me right, we was in this stolen whip drivin thru when we spotted the popo and we ditched so they called all kinds of shit on us. but we jumped ova some fences and got away.

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 24, 2008 09:21AM

"He became confused about where he was and drove down the boat ramp and into the Potomac River."

One of the counties brighter citizens.

If you want to know what is going just download the scanner and turn it on.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 24, 2008 09:27AM

I thought that shit happened in Loudoun

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: April 24, 2008 02:00PM

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:49PM

escapee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yo cuz they was after me right, we was in this
> stolen whip drivin thru when we spotted the popo
> and we ditched so they called all kinds of shit on
> us. but we jumped ova some fences and got away.

MY WHIP!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:58PM

the county has to spend or lose on their budget....easy way to do it is to use up expensive fuel in the chopper

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: April 24, 2008 04:26PM

Yeah the Helicopter does cost a fortune, but then again there was some whacko who had just driven into the Potomac and who knows if there were others in the car with him. Might be a good idea to check it out in the Helio.

tracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpgtracker.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.