HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
TIPS for drunk drivers in FFX
Posted by: Otis Campbell ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:04PM

Since some of us drink drive what are the best tips?

Someone mentioned drink liquor because it is tougher to smell. Another tip was peanut butter. Someone posted breath cleaner pills you can buy at CVS. The link to the national DWI checkpoint reporter website so you get a txt on your cellphone when someone texts in a checkpoint or Popo hotspot in your area.

Any others?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TIPS for drunk drivers in FFX
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:09PM

This flamebait is too obvious.

Is it me or are the trolls getting lazy around here?

Posted by: GoodDriver ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:21PM

I live by the maxim of 'never do two illegal things at once'. That is, if you are going to drink and drive, don't speed or run a red light. If you want to speed, don't drink.

Date: September 12, 2008 03:26PM

Oh here is another good tip

Make sure your tail lights. turn signals, etc. are working properly. Inspect your car and make sure all lights are working. Also make sure your windows are not unlawfully tinted. Many times persons are stopped by an officer because a tail light is out or the car has some other problem. The officer then smells alcohol when he walks up to the driver’s window and a DUI-Drunk Driving investigation follows. Between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and thereafter, officers on patrol are looking for reasons to stop drivers to possibly get a DUI-Drunk Driving arrest.

Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: September 12, 2008 03:36PM

what about the old urban legend type thing to get out of a DUI...

You always carry a bottle of unopened 80 proof liquor. You get pulled over while driving drunk...

You immediately get out of your car, throw your keys on the ground, and begin pounding the liquor. This way, the officer has no proof you were actually drunk while driving.

In addition, you refuse the breathalyzer, and wait for a blood test at the police station.

Hypothetically, this should give you a drunk in public charge (and maybe like a disorderly conduct) versus a driving under the influence?

Any lawyers know what would happen in court?

Posted by: Pedobear ()
Date: September 12, 2008 09:59PM

I was actually told this one by a FFX County judge. But that was back in the 80s. If you can get a DUI these days for just sleeping off a bender in a car, I doubt it would work anymore.

Expensive Jeans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what about the old urban legend type thing to get
> out of a DUI...
>
> You always carry a bottle of unopened 80 proof
> liquor. You get pulled over while driving
> drunk...
>
> You immediately get out of your car, throw your
> keys on the ground, and begin pounding the liquor.
> This way, the officer has no proof you were
> actually drunk while driving.
>
> In addition, you refuse the breathalyzer, and wait
> for a blood test at the police station.
>
> Hypothetically, this should give you a drunk in
> public charge (and maybe like a disorderly
> conduct) versus a driving under the influence?
>
> Any lawyers know what would happen in court?

Posted by: frankz ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:12PM

Don't sweave

Posted by: frankz ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:14PM

and keep a 20 in your wallet so you can call a cab in those situations. Cab fare is MUCH cheaper than a DWI and all the hassles.

Posted by: itsme333 ()
Date: September 12, 2008 11:03PM

have some friends blow normal breath in a baggie.

then when u have to take a breathalizer, stealthily suck in your friend's legit breath and blow it in the breathalyzer.

it'll register THEIR breath instead of yours and you'll be home free!

be careful, i've only done this once before.

safety not guaranteed.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 13, 2008 02:53AM

Join Northern Virginia MADD.

It's illegal for them tell where the road blocks are, but they seem to have a great network.

I slept with one MADD mother one night, very good in bed. she had some drugs, don't we all.

Take a guess - http://www.maddnova.org/directors.html

Not in my yard

Impostor Alert!
Date: September 13, 2008 06:53AM

The clown claiming to be Otis Campbell in this thread is an impostor!
I do not drink and drive as it is pure unavoidable foolishness.
Either ride your bicycle or stay home.

Signed,
The REAL Otis Campbell

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 13, 2008 09:51AM

Riding your bike while drunk is not a good idea.

I know one guy who got a DWI for that in Fairfax County. It has exactly the same fines and penalties as driving a car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2008 09:52AM by Lurker..

Posted by: meh ()
Date: September 13, 2008 11:37AM

Driving drunk makes people feel as if they have a dead body in the trunk....

Driving high makes people feel as if they are driving a spaceship
- Adam Corolla

Why Drink and Drive? When you can Smoke and Flyyyy

Posted by: Rich ()
Date: September 13, 2008 11:58AM

Well try to avoid being over the limit and driving - trees hurt and their are innocent people out there that would appreciate not getting killed.

That said: If you are just afraid that you might be too close to the limit (they are rdiculously low now), I have tried something twice in VA and once in Ohio. And it worked all three times. Maybe I would have passed anyway, but sometimes it is like - why take the chance with all the hassel.

When they put the thing in your face take a deep breath and puff up your cheeks. This will make your face look red indicating you are trying as hard as you can. Then simaltaneously - crack on corner of your mouth and blow enough to make a little noise but force most of the air through your nose. You may have to twist your nose a little to avoid the officer feeling it on their hand.

All three times I tried that the officers asked me to blow harder. Each time say you are blowing as hard as you can. After two or three times you will look exhausted. For me it worked and the officers just gave up.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 13, 2008 12:40PM

Damn, we have to tip drunk drivers now?

What's customary? 15%...,.20%?

Date: September 13, 2008 02:57PM

tubby Wrote:
> Damn, we have to tip drunk drivers now?
>
> What's customary? 15%...,.20%?

Not tipping them - the real drunk drivers will not have the cognizance to perform but the guy like me, who had that extra beer at dinner, can save all the legal hassle.

Laws in VA are tuff and if you have 3 or 4 beers at dinner you are legally drunk for about 2 hours.

Posted by: Dr. Pepper () ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:22AM

Rich, you and I have had differences of opinion before. I have to raise the bullshit flag on you on this one and basically call you a fucking idiot.

The breath machines are setup to acquire a certain amount of alluvial air upon one blowing. Therefore your cheating method, described in detail, is a failure. Regardless of how you pretend to blow (or not to blow), unless you meet the required output, it will not be sufficient (blow it out your nose, the side of your mouth, or your ass like your posts).

Any cop that has been on longer than your last stint without real human female sex will be able to tell you are trying to beat the test.

Keep in mind, the field breath test is only one componemt of estabishing PC for an arrest. It is usually offered after other field sobriety tests. Rule of thumb for most cops - if you dont have enough to lock up a driver based on FST's, dont offer the breath test at the traffic stop. Translation: They probably have enough to take you to the pokie when they give you the box.

The field breath test is only one component of articulating DWI.

Drink, don't drive. Period. There is no way to beat the box on the street or at the station. Science doesnt lie.

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: September 15, 2008 09:35AM

Rich may have a point.

Everybodies lung capacity is different. How would the machine know?

All the cop shows I've seen I don't see the officer type in the age or size of the person into the machine before people blow?

Posted by: Drunk ()
Date: September 15, 2008 12:54PM

Yeah wight and size has a HUGE role in the ability to drive correctly.

3 beers for a 90 pound women,
is a lot different then
3 beers for a 250 pound man

Date: September 15, 2008 02:05PM

Here's the text messeging service that most people in Fairfax County use - http://www.nocheckpoints.com/ .

Once somebody sees an active checkpoint they just text its location. It works great.

Date: September 15, 2008 03:20PM

Dr. Pepper () Wrote:
> Rich, you and I have had differences of opinion
> before. I have to raise the bullshit flag on you
> on this one and basically call you a fucking
> idiot.
>
> The breath machines are setup to acquire a certain
> amount of alluvial air upon one blowing.
> Therefore your cheating method, described in
> detail, is a failure. Regardless of how you
> pretend to blow (or not to blow), unless you meet
> the required output, it will not be sufficient
> (blow it out your nose, the side of your mouth, or
> your ass like your posts).
>
> Any cop that has been on longer than your last
> stint without real human female sex will be able
> to tell you are trying to beat the test.
>
> Keep in mind, the field breath test is only one
> componemt of estabishing PC for an arrest. It is
> usually offered after other field sobriety tests.
> Rule of thumb for most cops - if you dont have
> enough to lock up a driver based on FST's, dont
> offer the breath test at the traffic stop.
> Translation: They probably have enough to take
> you to the pokie when they give you the box.
>
> The field breath test is only one component of
> articulating DWI.
>
> Drink, don't drive. Period. There is no way to
> beat the box on the street or at the station.
> Science doesnt lie.

Breathing patterns also affect breath test results. One study found that the BAC readings of subjects decreased 11-14% after running up one flight of stairs and 22–25% after running up two flights. Another study found a 15% decrease in BAC readings after vigorous exercise or hyperventilation. Hyperventilation for 20 seconds has been shown to lower the reading by approximately 10%. On the other hand, holding your breath for 30 seconds can increase the breath test result by 15%.

http://www.bobbattlelaw.com/library/prosecutors-mistakenly-convince-jurors-the-breathalyzer-test-is-the-standard-in-determining-dui.cfm

Thanks for the kind words!

Posted by: MoreTips ()
Date: September 15, 2008 05:47PM

If you know you are just busted, then refuse any breath test as long as you never had a DUI in your past. You will lose your license with no restriction for 1 year, but will NOT HAVE A DUI on your record.

This will avoid...

1. Possible jail time depending on BAC.
2. Higher lawyer fee
3. VASAP fees
4. Higher Insurance Rates

Also, keep in mind if you are even sitting in a vehicle with keys in ignition you can get a DUI. Also, breath test on site is admissible in a court of law, basically meaning it won't stand up. From the time they arrest you to the time you are taken to jail they have 45 minutes to do the "REAL" breath test, which someone needs to be certified to use, calibrated every 30 days and you can have not burped of vomited within 15 minutes of taking this.

They will tell you they can blood test you, false.
They will tell you they can charge DUI and Refusal, false.

Fuck all you COPS, Fuck all you MADD Bitches, and most of all Fuck VA and there stupid commonwealth laws.

Date: September 15, 2008 10:57PM

Cat got your tounge Pepper? :)

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: September 16, 2008 06:47AM

Rich - citing a defense attorneys web site as a source for breathalyzer inaccuracies is pretty lame. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your money.

MoreTips - everything you said on your posting is incorrect. If someone refuses the breath test, they still get charged with DWI. They also get the charge of Refusal. When you get your license at DMV, you give implied consent that you will take a breath test if arrested for DWI. If you refuse, it is a separate charge from the DWI. The first conviction for a refusal is a civil offense and subsequent convictions are criminal offenses.
So, tell me, how long ago was your DWI arrest?

Posted by: Mary Jane ()
Date: September 16, 2008 09:37AM

Watcher,

Different States have different refusal laws. In Virginia you have the right to refuse the tests and that is not an automatic DWI. You do lose your license for six months. Do you get charged? That depends on the officer. Almost certainly yes.

There's a big difference between being charged for DWI, than convicted. Like (Shaun Taylor and several charged FFX County cops), you will probably beat the charge of DWI in court for lack of evidence if you don't do the tests.

Refusal to take the tests is not an automatic DWI conviction in Virginia.

Date: September 16, 2008 12:31PM

Mary Jane - you are wrong on several points.

DWI and Refusal are separate offenses.

If you are convicted of refusal, you lose your license for 1 year, not 6 months. And, there is nothing in the code which allows for a restricted license if you are suspended for a refusal.

You said "Refusal to take the tests is not an automatic DWI conviction in Virginia." This is correct, but you are still going to be charged for the DWI. And the refusal.

The majority of people that get charged with DWI and Refusal will plea to the DWI and have the refusal nolle prosequi. Rarely does the judge convict on both.

The only possible benefit to refusing the test is if the BAC is at a level that triggers mandatory jail time. But, if you refuse, you are taking a chance of having to walk for a year. Get caught driving during that year, and ANY vehicle (regardless if it is your vehicle or not) gets impounded for 30 days. You would be charged with Driving On Revoked - DUI Related. If convicted, all the suspended for good behavior time comes back into play.

The bottom line is - if you drink, don't drive. It's not rocket science. It's been beat into everyone since they got to the age to get their license.

Here is the code for refusal if you are interested :

A. Any person, whether licensed by Virginia or not, who operates a motor vehicle upon a highway, as defined in § 46.2-100, in this Commonwealth shall be deemed thereby, as a condition of such operation, to have consented to have samples of his blood, breath, or both blood and breath taken for a chemical test to determine the alcohol, drug, or both alcohol and drug content of his blood, if he is arrested for violation of §§ 18.2-266, 18.2-266.1 or § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance within three hours of the alleged offense.

B. Any person so arrested for a violation of clause (i) or (ii) of § 18.2-266 or both, § 18.2-266.1 or § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance shall submit to a breath test. If the breath test is unavailable or the person is physically unable to submit to the breath test, a blood test shall be given. The accused shall, prior to administration of the test, be advised by the person administering the test that he has the right to observe the process of analysis and to see the blood-alcohol reading on the equipment used to perform the breath test. If the equipment automatically produces a written printout of the breath test result, the printout, or a copy, shall be given to the accused.

C. A person, after having been arrested for a violation of clause (iii) or (iv) of § 18.2-266 or § 18.2-266.1 or § 18.2-272 or of a similar ordinance, may be required to submit to a blood test to determine the drug or both drug and alcohol content of his blood. When a person, after having been arrested for a violation of § 18.2-266(i) or (ii) or both, submits to a breath test in accordance with subsection B of this section or refuses to take or is incapable of taking such a breath test, he may be required to submit to tests to determine the drug or both drug and alcohol content of his blood if the law-enforcement officer has reasonable cause to believe the person was driving under the influence of any drug or combination of drugs, or the combined influence of alcohol and drugs.

Date: September 16, 2008 12:33PM

And here is the penalty for refusing:

A first violation of this section is a civil offense and subsequent violations are criminal offenses. For a first offense the court shall suspend the defendant's privilege to drive for a period of one year. This suspension period is in addition to the suspension period provided under § 46.2-391.2.

If a person is found to have violated this section and within 10 years prior to the date of the refusal he was found guilty of any of the following: a violation of this section, a violation of § 18.2-266, or a violation of any offense listed in subsection E of § 18.2-270, arising out of separate occurrences or incidents, he is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor and the court shall suspend the defendant's privilege to drive for a period of three years. This suspension period is in addition to the suspension period provided under § 46.2-391.2.

If a person is found guilty of a violation of this section and within 10 years prior to the date of the refusal he was found guilty of any two of the following: a violation of this section, a violation of § 18.2-266, or a violation of any offense listed in subsection E of § 18.2-270 arising out of separate occurrences or incidents, he is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor and the court shall suspend the defendant's privilege to drive for a period of three years. This suspension period is in addition to the suspension period provided under § 46.2-391.2.

Date: September 16, 2008 08:01PM

Look watcher, I know and have seen several people take refusal. So before you state how long ago was my DUI, get your facts right.

Since I obviously poked a stick in the cage I am going to assume it enrages you that
people get by with this.

So everyone out there, don't listen to his crap, its exactly what the COP and the MAGISTRATE try to scare you into not refusing.

Now of course, if you are wasted then you are screwed, anything else you will walk with no DUI.

Good day to you sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY

Date: September 16, 2008 08:22PM

proof is in the pudding bud.

Run a query on the arrest search tool for refusal, then take a name such as AMURRIO SARAVIO, you can see got a refusal and DWI.

Then look up his case information at the Virginia Courts Information, and you can see guilty refusal, DWI Null Processed.

I did a couple random ones, its not 100% but over 90%, I can only assume the random ones that the DUI stuck was when they were super piss drunk.

Peace out Pig.

Date: September 16, 2008 10:08PM

Here a perfect example of an off duty FFX officer who fail roodside tests, refused to blow and walked away with no charges for DUI -

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/27716/33615.html#msg-33615

Case Number: GT06256128-00 File Date: 12/13/06 Complainant: GIBSON, J B Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: FASCI, WALTER R Defense Attorney: NUTTAL, EDWARD J 883-0880
City/State Address: ALEXANDRIA VA 22303
Sex: Male Race: White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) DOB: 02/12/****
Charge: DWI, 1ST Code Section: A.18.2-266 Case Type: Misdemeanor Class: 1
Amended Charge: Amended Code Section: Amended Case Type:
Offense Date: 12/12/06 Arrest Date: 12/12/06

Hearings
Number Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Min Continuance Code
01 01/31/07 0930AM Continued Adjudicatory 1D Not Guilty 922 Agreement
02 02/15/07 0925AM Continued Motion 924
03 02/15/07 0930AM Finalized Adjudicatory 1D 924

Final Disposition in District Court: Dismissed Fines/Costs Paid:
Sentence Time: Sentence Suspension Time: Operator License Suspension Time:
Fine: $.00 Cost: $.00
Operator License Restriction Codes: Restriction Start Date: Restriction End Date:
VASAP:

Case Number: GT06256133-00 File Date: 12/13/06 Complainant: GIBSON, J B Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Defendant: FASCI, WALTER R Defense Attorney: NUTTAL, EDWARD
City/State Address: ALEXANDRIA VA 22303
Sex: Male Race: White Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) DOB: 02/12/****
Charge: REFUSED BLOOD/BREATH TEST Code Section: 18.2-268.3 Case Type: Misdemeanor Class:
Amended Charge: Amended Code Section: Amended Case Type:
Offense Date: 12/12/06 Arrest Date: 12/12/06

Hearings
Number Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Min Continuance Code
01 01/31/07 0930AM Continued Adjudicatory 1D Not Guilty 944 Agreement
02 02/15/07 0930AM Finalized Adjudicatory 1D Not Guilty 929
03 0000 M 000

Final Disposition in District Court: Dismissed Fines/Costs Paid:
Sentence Time: Sentence Suspension Time: Operator License Suspension Time:
Fine: $.00 Cost: $.00
Operator License Restriction Codes: Restriction Start Date: Restriction End Date:
VASAP:

Just in case you are wondering...he Walter Fasci wasn't convicted of squat. Now he is patrolling your neighborhoods. UH OH.

Date: September 17, 2008 06:32AM

MoreTips - you are wrong. You can call names all you want, but you are dead wrong.

And you still didn't say how long ago your DWI arrest was.

Date: September 17, 2008 01:08PM

Don't have one idiot, just told you how to get out of one. My refusal was back in 99' if you have to know.

PIG

Date: September 17, 2008 01:33PM

You got a DWI charge and Refusal charge when you were 6 ?

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 17, 2008 01:51PM

Stay away from Old Keene Mill and Franconia Road\Pwky, Fairfax police love that road. I see tons of cops there all the time late at night.

Posted by: Dr. Pepper () ()
Date: September 17, 2008 03:38PM

Rich, hate to burst your know it all bubble again...BUT....

There are studies out there could be used to argue pretty much any point you would care to present...penny in the mouth, blow like an idiot (refer to your original post), etc. etc. Your last post was completely meaningless, here is why:

I am no scientist, and cant argue wether or not running up a flight of stairs will effect your BAC on a breath test. Let's assume that it does. So will pounding a shot of Jager before you blow, or burping or puking. That is why breath tests (official breath tests) are administered in a controlled environment, after an observation period....they are consistent across the board. John Dipshit could determine tomorrow that standing on your head with a thumb up your ass effects a breath sample too. At the end of the day WHO CARES because the tests arent administered with the arrested inverted with digits in his baloon-knot.

And to roll over the other inaccurate factoid you presented with a steamroller of correction - the machines CAN and DO tell how much air you blow into them (in a manner of speaking):

The PBT on the street does need a certain threshold of air to be supplied, and this is indicated with an illuminated light. If you dont supply a proper sample, the operator (aka cop) will know. It will, however still give a reading (so if you blow like a dick and give a puff and still hit a .08, it can pretty much be assumed that a proper sample would be well above that)

The intoxilizer a.k.a. Breath-alyzer is also set to capture a certain amount of air (if you read the code of VA for dwi, it mentions the exact amount). If you dont supply a sufficient sample, this fact is also brought to the attention of the operator (cop, or breath-tech). Difference here is that an insufficient sample will register just that (insufficient).

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify more of your misinformation.

Date: September 17, 2008 08:39PM

Pepper:

Police say the variations our subjects experienced is exactly why they can't use portable breathalyzers to make an arrest or use them in court.

"They are not accurate, they are not reliable," said Sgt. Glenn Thomas with the Colorado Springs Police Department.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/19198234.html

It gets better if you care to read and learn. And even the super-duper deluxe model at the station is not accurate. Too many factors come into play, lung capacity, body weight and temperature at time of test, oxygen present - need I say more?

The only accurate test is a blood test.

Thanks for being civil this time anyway!

Posted by: Chedda Cheeeze ()
Date: September 23, 2008 08:58PM

I am a seasoned veteran at drunk driving in fairfax county. I have been drunk driking since i had a license, some of the sh*t ive done will boggle your mind, im not even going to tell you some of the craziness ive done because you probably wont believe me anyway. With that all said listen close..

1. Make sure your car is in perfect working order like lights and plates are good and all that crap
2. keep your windows up, if its hot use the a/c
3. NEVER, EVER, EVER LOOK AT THE COP AS YOU DRIVE BY!!! this is extremely important.
Most people will also hit there brakes imideatly when they see a cop, restrain yourself from doing this as well.
4. Only drive drunk in areas you know well
5. Avoid major roads... ffx county pkwy, rt.50 Centreville Rd. rt 29 and so on.. ffx county is suburbia hell which means most neghborhoods will connect to each other through small neighborhood roads. use this to your advantage, learn to navigate the neighborhoods and your unstoppable.

Follow these rules and you will never go wrong unless your a complete moron.
at times i have driven home on pure muscle memory because it was soo hard to see the road. I followed these rules and i always made it home safe

your welcome

Posted by: Chedda Cheeeze ()
Date: September 23, 2008 09:02PM

i will also add, keep in touch with friends that are driving at night also, give each other heads up about check points. They also usually stop the check points about 2am i think.. so you can just wait it out most of the time.

Posted by: Bacon ()
Date: September 25, 2008 03:30PM

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: September 30, 2008 12:13PM

Just don't drink and drive. If you cant help it, get a breathalyzer and sit in your car or wherever until you are below the limit...... You are putting my family and others family in risk when you drive drunk.

Date: September 30, 2008 12:53PM

Firrat Wrote:
> Just don't drink and drive. If you cant help it,
> get a breathalyzer and sit in your car or wherever
> until you are below the limit...... You are
> putting my family and others family in risk when
> you drive drunk.

Sitting your car will get you a drunk in public. If the key is the ignition and you're listening to the radio, that's a DUI, even if the car is not running.

It will take hours for you to reach the legal limit if your over the limit. It's also illegal in FFX county to sleep in your car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 12:55PM by Lurker..

Date: September 30, 2008 01:20PM

If you tell an officer that you don't want to drive back home because you don't believe you are at the limit...I'm pretty sure he will leave you alone, they are very understanding. If you get a ticket for waiting/sleeping in your car then you can go to court and explain why you were in your car and make that cop look like a complete ass.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: September 30, 2008 01:50PM

A fairfax county cop....be understanding? hahahahahahhaha that might be one of the funniest things ive ever heard.

Date: September 30, 2008 02:02PM

Firrat Wrote:
> If you tell an officer that you don't want to
> drive back home because you don't believe you are
> at the limit...I'm pretty sure he will leave you
> alone, they are very understanding. If you get a
> ticket for waiting/sleeping in your car then you
> can go to court and explain why you were in your
> car and make that cop look like a complete ass.

Don't assume the FFX cop will cut you a break. I know people in FFX who have gotten busted for drunk in public just walking (normal) home. As stated by one FFX officer "I don't drink and don't care for those who do drink." In court the judge upheld the ticket.

You can take the risk if you want. I'd just call a taxi and see if a friend can drop you by the next day. Not worth getting a drunk in public.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 02:03PM by Lurker..

Date: September 30, 2008 02:28PM

Just sit in the passenger seat and wait till you sober up. When a cop comes, tell him you are trying to sober up. That's if you do not want to hire a cab.

Posted by: Citizen's DWI Patrol member ()
Date: September 30, 2008 10:26PM

Well looks like a few of our potential "customers" hang out here at the Fairfax underground. First of all a DWI is a mighty expensive proposition, to say nothing of the hassles of the one year without a licence and the insurance hike. I have printed out the posts that brag about being long term drunk drivers and plan on passing them out at our next monthly meeting. It's encouraging to see the mentality of our enemies, bragging out risking other people's lives. What scum you are. If one of our volunteers sports you drunk and getting behind the wheel, they will follow you until the police arrive. Personally I have done just that 17 times so far this year in Centre ville, Fairfax, Springfield, Alexandria, McLean, Sterling and Arlington. One guy I followed out of a restaurant recently almost made it back to his hotel when Fairfax County officers arrived. He was arrested and charged with being a habitual offender. Conviction can mean 5 years incarceration. Personally I look forward to the day when a first offense means a month in jail and a $5,000 fine. Legislation that will up the penalties for a first offense is being drafted and will soon be introduced. You idiots deserve it.

Posted by: Lady ()
Date: September 30, 2008 11:53PM

Have fun playing cop, but I'd be careful following people at night. There are a lot of gangs in this area now and following some of them at night might not be the best idea. Especially if they are high or drunk.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: October 01, 2008 01:11PM

Citizen's DWI Patrol member,

I am very interested in your cause. Please let me know the details about your next monthly meeting, I would be very interesting in attending and learning more about your organization.

Can you point me to a website that has this information? Or you can always PM me the info (you will have to register your name first) if you do not want to post it out here on the main forum.

Thanks!

Posted by: Citizen's DoucheBag Patrol member ()
Date: October 01, 2008 01:46PM

Safety tip for avoiding this douchebag:

Just look for the uptight-looking, clean-cut guy in your bar that's not drinking and watching everyone else. He may also be found earlier in the evening tapping his foot in a men's room stall.

Seriously, one of these days, you're going to follow the wrong drunk person.

Posted by: W Bush ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:20PM

Citizen's DWI Patrol member please enlighten us about the guy in New York who was doing this. Didn't he hit and kill a Mom and child while playing with his video camera? Apparently he didn't see a red light and t-boned a family. Nice work.

Actually look for the fat over weight lady in a minivan that sits in the parking lot downing bon-bons.

By the way, should we tell your big secret?

Posted by: I patrol the citizen's patrol ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:52PM

He failed to tell you all about the ass whipping I gave him for following me one night.
I faked getting wasted by drinking water in a clear glass, all the while knowing this cocksucker was watching me. I made sure I staggered a few times going to my car while he snuck out to follow me. I then drove erratically down a road that dead ended to an industrial park. I quickly circled back aroundandblocked him in, pulled him from his car as he was trying to dial the popo and proceeded to beat him severly about the head and shoulders with his own cell phone. I then slit his tires and left him to bleed.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 01, 2008 03:36PM

FYI, the "Citizen's DWI patrol" is an FXU urban legend. There is no such group.

It's pretty hilarious to imagine a bunch of nerds roaming around on weekends pretending to be cops. It's like something out of a comedy movie.

Posted by: NOT a Citizen's DWI patrol ()
Date: October 01, 2008 04:03PM

Totally right. I most certainly did not call the police while following a drunk driver from Old Town Alexandria to Fairfax last weekend. The cops definitely did not pull them over, and I have definitely not ever done this before, nor have any intent on doing it again.

Furthermore, I will definitely not be out in another location this weekend, and if I was, it would certainty NOT be to keep these potential murderers off the road for decent, responsible people.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.