HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Revenge Of The Snot Nose Brats
Posted by: Lyle ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:45PM

It's simple; provide the image which best characterizes Candy Tisdadt. This for example, is Candy at work responding to an e-mail advising her she will have to work past 3:00 PM.
Attachments:
angry_woman.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Revenge Of The Snot Nose Brats
Posted by: Carly ()
Date: January 24, 2008 11:59PM

Hehe, here's Candy on her way to the Giant.
Attachments:
cruella.jpg

Posted by: Meg ()
Date: January 25, 2008 12:24AM

Get to school, you snot nose brats!
Attachments:
MargaretHamiltoninTheWizardOfOz.jpg

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:15AM

Hahahahaaha these pictures...way to go!

Posted by: Jackie-O! ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:38PM

I'll get you my pretty....and your little dog too!!!!

Nice pics, keep em coming!

Posted by: kyle ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:54PM

My money is shes this lady. To be that angry, you got to be part man.
Attachments:
Angry%20Woman_0.preview

Posted by: Sissy ()
Date: January 25, 2008 07:25PM

Snow days are for the little people!
Attachments:
mean.jpg

Posted by: brick short of a load ()
Date: January 25, 2008 07:48PM

Just had to pile on
Attachments:
Lioness.jpg

Posted by: Candy Man ()
Date: January 25, 2008 07:50PM

I SAID SCHOOLS ARE OPEN YOU LITTLE SNOT NOSED BRATS!!!
Attachments:
yelling.jpg

Date: January 25, 2008 07:56PM

separated at birth
Attachments:
Hillary%20Clinton.jpg

Date: January 25, 2008 08:10PM

Hmmm they all are so good, each deserves to win
Attachments:
2000-florida-recount01b.jpg

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:31PM

hahahahaha again...say I heard the kid got detention, but Candy, nothing? Any pix to resemble the result of the ill-fated call?

Posted by: Mrs. Tisdats sister ()
Date: January 25, 2008 08:34PM

Jheesh,

I'd hate to be her right now.

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: January 25, 2008 09:07PM

LOL
Attachments:
angry phone.jpg

Posted by: observer ()
Date: January 25, 2008 09:28PM

In the interest of fairness, I've included some photos of the bratty punk kid as well as his friends. Typical of today's irresponsible and usually spoiled Fairfax County youth. Too much time on their hands (usually due to lack of any type of responsibility or an after school job) to complain about things kids a generation or two ago wouldn't have worried about, and their parents wouldn't have let them worry about:
Attachments:
2953777.jpg
SilverSpoons_S1_early.jpg
silverspoons1-02.jpg
26699820---paris%20lindsay%20and%20britney.jpg

Posted by: Teresa ()
Date: January 25, 2008 10:54PM

In the interest of fairness, I too have included some photos of the nasty wretch Tisdadt as well as her fascist FCPS friends. Typical of today's abusive and usually tyrannical FCPS administrators. Too much time on their hands (usually due to lack of any type of responsibility or an after school job-Heaven knows they bich a storm should they work past 3 pm) to complain about things administrators a generation or two ago wouldn't have worried about, and their constituents wouldn't have tolerated it:
Attachments:
witches.jpg

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: January 25, 2008 11:44PM

Teresa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the interest of fairness, I too have included
> some photos of the nasty wretch Tisdadt as well as
> her fascist FCPS friends. Typical of today's
> abusive and usually tyrannical FCPS
> administrators. Too much time on their hands
> (usually due to lack of any type of responsibility
> or an after school job-Heaven knows they bich a
> storm should they work past 3 pm) to complain
> about things administrators a generation or two
> ago wouldn't have worried about, and their
> constituents wouldn't have tolerated it:

Who knew that Stu Gibson played the accordion?!

Posted by: BRATS ()
Date: January 26, 2008 10:55AM

Parents today treat children as their equals. I think this is yet another result of the breakdown of the family. There's no one in charge, hence, we are now witnessing a generation of brats, with no respect and no boundaries.
Attachments:
normal_kid_finger.jpg

Posted by: bender ()
Date: January 26, 2008 12:02PM

Just curious, what reason was given for the student to receive detention? Anyone that really knows without second or third hand info?
Thanks

Posted by: Lorraine Domenech ()
Date: January 26, 2008 12:43PM

Candy and I were co-workers at one point. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... It seems like things have not changed with her.

Date: January 26, 2008 01:45PM

Just read it on WTOP. Seems the student was given detention for using his cell phone during school hours to make the call. They must have really had to dig to find that one.
Ironic that the reports make it sound like he called the house at 4:30 a.m. when now they say he called during school hours. Must be in night school.

I believe it is BS that he gets punished while this woman is allowed by the school system to yell at and call students names. Her tantrum is "understandable" as stated by FCPS. Meanwhile he receives the punishment. I would like to know if the no cell phone calls during school is equally enforced across the board. I seriously doubt it.

Date: January 26, 2008 01:46PM

BTW not that I expect any response but who would be the person to contact in the county to express my displeasure.

Posted by: Snot nosed brat ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:02PM

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh, the mean lady called me a name, waaaaaaahhhh!

Waaaaaaahhh, I'm supposed to be nearing "adulthood" and preparing to enter the "real world" where not every one is nice but the big, bad lady called me a name! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

I just can't handle being called a name....waaaaaaaahhhh!

People will be much nicer to me in college when my mommy and daddy pay my tuition for me!

- Dave Kori, 17 years old
Attachments:
crybaby.jpg

Posted by: Information ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:05PM

Dave Kori,

You brought this on yourself when you put the phone-mail message on the website (along with, I understand, Mr. Tistadt's home phone number, leading to further harassing calls from other young people). Calling his home is in itself harassment. What you call a "generation gap" is a civility gap. Others your age understand what is acceptable and what is not in these situations.

I hope that you learn some manners from this incident but fear from your self-righteous e-mail that you will not.

Paul Regnier, Coordinator
Community Relations
Fairfax County Public Schools

Associated Press:

There will be "no apologies out of my family," Tistadt said.
He reasoned that while Kori's decision to post the message was "deliberately intended to provoke and taunt," his wife's response was emotionally driven.
"There is a heightened sensitivity on the part of my wife and children, who see the stress I'm under," said Tistadt, who has been making snow-day decisions for nine years, and who also oversees highly controversial school boundary studies.

Posted by: email ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:40PM

Anyone have the a copy of the email that Regnier said was "self-righteous?"

Posted by: Here you go ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:46PM

Mr. Paul Regnier,

I am writing you to clarify what appears to be a giant misconception about this whole debacle regarding Mr. Tistadt, Mrs. Tistadt, and myself. I have emailed Dean Tistadt twice about this asking him to clarify it, but have yet to receive a response. You are quoted by nbc4 in regard to the message Mrs. Tistadt left on my voice mail as saying " This is a guy who's doing great work for the school system, for kids, and here you are harassing him. She got a little emotional I suppose, but I think it's understandable in those circumstances." This "here you are harassing him" part is what concerns me, because it indicates that you believe Mrs. Tistadt's voice mail message was a response to harassment of some sort. I had made one phone call to the Tistadt residence during my school lunch period, which is not at all an inappropriate time to call, where I simply asked questions. Had I meant to harass them in any way, I assure you I would not have left my name and cellphone number for Mr. Tistadt to call back (even though Mrs. Tistadt called back in his place). By Mr. Tistadt's own admission, my phone call was "largely reasonable", so you can rest assured that I in know way harassed the Tistadt family. As I understand, the majority of harassing phone calls came as a response to hearing the wife of a school administrator address a student so harshly, and refer to all FCPS students as "snotty nosed little brats" (note that I in no way endorsed these harassing phone calls, and actually warned against them in my online posting). I would be extremely appreciative if you could clarify to the rest of the FCPS administration, and if possible the news stations that picked up on this misconception (notably nbc4, WTOP news, and myFoxDC) that my phone call was not harassing, and thus that Mrs. Tistadt was not responding to harassment but was responding to a phone call which Mr. Tistadt himself believed to be "largely reasonable." I understand that you may still believe any phone call at home, even though it is a publicly listed phone number, as an invasion of privacy, and I believe our differing views on this subject stem from the generation gap, as people my age interpret privacy boundaries completely differently, but after being slandered by a major news channel (who has ignored my own messages and phone calls), I would be grateful if someone would take steps to set the record straight, so as to stop the perpetuation of the false perception of me as some sort of harasser. Thank You and I look forward to your reply.

--Dave Kori

Posted by: Dad ()
Date: January 26, 2008 04:06PM

This should be sent to WTOP et al. As a parent, I do not see anything wrong with Kori's statement. The big question is will LB Guidance screw up Kori's college applications (as if the colleges don't google applicants already).

Also as a parent (and as a taxpayer), I would behoove everyone to write to Dr. Dale and to Tistadt's principal to endure that Tistadt is removed from her position since the idea of dealing with students in an adult manner is incomprehensible to her.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: January 26, 2008 05:15PM

Most of this phony outrage is in fact over re-districting. The Tistadts are (him) an errand boy for the school board, and (her) a school secretary.

Firing both of them will not make an iota of difference to re-districting.

Get over it...your kids are a) GOING to go to SLHS with black kids or b) to the private school of your choice. Couldn't be any simpler!

Date: January 26, 2008 05:25PM

Snot nosed brat, I guess your standards for acceptable behavior out of school employees is much less than mine. I would hope someone such as Candy Tisdadt would have better control over her temper when placed in a position of dealing with children on a daily basis. To me her behavior is not acceptable nor "understandable".

If Mr. Tisdadt believes himself to be under too much pressure to call snow days then it is time he handed it over to someone who is up to the task. I would also expect him to take a cut in pay as well.

Paul Regnier, your response is one that I would expect. Time to circle the wagons attitude and protect our own. FCPS is in need of a serious housecleaning starting with all the do nothing jobs of assistants and coordinators. Teachers we need, fluff jobs we do not.

BTW if you think Dave Kori is a problem now wait until later this year when he graduates and cannot be bullied by rules which you pick and choose to enforce as you see fit. I strongly encourage him to take his place as a resident of Fairfax County and exercise his rights to question the policies of FCPS. Since you are not going to answer to him now you will surely be answering to him later.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 26, 2008 05:26PM

duh Wrote:
> Most of this phony outrage is in fact over re-districting.

^^^ Most relevant post of the thread.

Posted by: Ironball ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:29PM

How dare you question a school administrator! How dare you! You're all snot nosed brats and you have no rights!
Attachments:
mean.jpg

Posted by: ... ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:15PM

Candy, on a good day.
Attachments:
AngryWoman2.jpg

Posted by: Emo ()
Date: January 27, 2008 01:24PM

Mrs. T rolling up her sleeves to break bad on a 17 year old high school student.
Attachments:
bettyfriedan_narrowweb__300x367,0.jpg

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: January 27, 2008 01:53PM

i heard the kid got detention.

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: January 27, 2008 06:58PM

Probably he got Saturday school like in The Breakfast Club. I love that movie. I never heard of sushi until I saw Molly Ringwald bring her lunch in tnat cute little Asian box. I really want a box like that.

trickie

Posted by: len ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:10PM

Forget Saturday school, the kid needs reform school.

Posted by: What ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:16PM

len Wrote:
> Forget Saturday school, the kid needs reform
> school.

Forget that, Mrs. T needs a course in Miss Manners.

Posted by: Lee Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:13AM

To Dave Kori-

Ok kid-time to stand up to "The Man". You have a moral respnsibility to your fellow students to have the last laugh.

Here is my advice to you:

Since the Nazis at FCPS have decided to discipline you, this whole incident now falls under FERPA and becomes part of your educational record. With that, comes federal protections under FERPA which allows you not only privacy but also access to ANY RECORDS from FCPS employees who might have been foolish enough to discuss this incident via email.

1. Any FCPS employee who discussed this incident publically is in violation of FERPA-you should file a former complaint with The Department of Education.

2. Request ALL emails of FCPS employees (including all SB members, Dale, Tilstadts, LB Principal, etc) that have ANY reference to you.

3. Turn these emails over to The Washington Post.

Imagine the public embarrasment to FCPS of these emails as I am sure some nasty things were said.

GOOD LUCK!

Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:34AM

they decided to discipline him?

where?

Date: January 28, 2008 10:49AM

He was disciplined for using a cell phone during school hours...a clear violation of the rules. Who he called, and for what purpose is immaterial.

Posted by: Cell Calls ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:21AM

Anonymous Wrote:
> they decided to discipline him?
>
> where?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Duh.....a question, do all kids caught making a cell call receive detention?

WTOP
Detention for Student in Snow Call
January 25, 2008 - 11:36pm
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Virginia high school senior who created an online storm when he called a school official's home to complain that snow hadn't closed schools will serve a Saturday detention.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 28, 2008 12:40PM

YEs but the normal punishment for useing a fone is to have it returned to the parents on Friday when they come pick it up.

Also, FCPS has already been embarresed across the country, and in other countries. They have done nothing, Obviously embarrassing them doesnt work.

Posted by: not eye candy ()
Date: January 28, 2008 01:55PM

I would rather wake up to a foot of snow every day than Candy.
Attachments:
really_fat_chick[1].jpg

Date: January 28, 2008 01:59PM

Candy hanging out by the pool.
Attachments:
images.jpg

Date: January 28, 2008 02:02PM

Candy and some girlfriends from work.
Attachments:
fat.jpg

Posted by: the real mrs. tishdat ()
Date: January 28, 2008 02:10PM

the real mrs. tishdat only gets up at 4:30am for one thing.
Attachments:
fat-woman.jpg

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: January 28, 2008 03:42PM

just don't serve the detention. then they will suspend you. take a week off from school

Date: January 28, 2008 08:02PM

Kori should file a FOIA for the emails between the principal and the so called community relations guy and anything relating to this incident . Fairfax hates the hell out of FOIAs but the information on emails and text messages is all open to the public. I bet it would be some great reading.
If the standard penalty for using a cell phone during school hours is Saturday detention then I bet it is over flowing with students. If it is not then the FCPS is doing a hatchet job on him as I suspect they are doing.

Posted by: Descrimination ()
Date: January 28, 2008 09:55PM

bender Wrote:
> If the standard penalty for using a cell phone
> during school hours is Saturday detention then I
> bet it is over flowing with students. If it is not
> then the FCPS is doing a hatchet job on him as I
> suspect they are doing.

If this kid was singled out and other kids don't get detention for similar offenses, isn't that descrimination !!

Posted by: oops... meant Discrimination ()
Date: January 28, 2008 09:58PM

sorry for the typo above....

that should be "discrimination"

Date: January 28, 2008 10:00PM

Descrimination Wrote:
> bender Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If the standard penalty for using a cell phone
> > during school hours is Saturday detention then
> I
> > bet it is over flowing with students. If it is
> not
> > then the FCPS is doing a hatchet job on him as
> I
> > suspect they are doing.
>
>
> If this kid was singled out and other kids don't
> get detention for similar offenses, isn't that
> descrimination !!

No. It's called discretion.

Some murderers get the lethal injection...some get life....some get 10 years.

Discretion.

Date: January 28, 2008 10:05PM

Nice point except you forgot in your example that all murderers got some time. Are you telling me that every student in school who used a cell phone got punished? If not then it is an unfair practice and targeted Kori.

See it for what it was Duh, I think you know the truth. If Kori obtains the emails and text messages relating to this it will be a whole new ballgame.

Before I thought the school redistricting people were just full of BS but I now see the arrogance and mentality of FCPS and it isn't pretty. I am sure it extends to the concerns of the parents effected by the redistricting. We are the all powerful FCPS defy us and suffer.

Posted by: Go For It ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:05PM

Lee Parent Wrote:
> To Dave Kori-
>
> Ok kid-time to stand up to "The Man". You have a
> moral respnsibility to your fellow students to
> have the last laugh.
>
> Here is my advice to you:
>
> Since the Nazis at FCPS have decided to discipline
> you, this whole incident now falls under FERPA and
> becomes part of your educational record. With
> that, comes federal protections under FERPA which
> allows you not only privacy but also access to ANY
> RECORDS from FCPS employees who might have been
> foolish enough to discuss this incident via
> email.
>
> 1. Any FCPS employee who discussed this incident
> publically is in violation of FERPA-you should
> file a former complaint with The Department of
> Education.
>
> 2. Request ALL emails of FCPS employees
> (including all SB members, Dale, Tilstadts, LB
> Principal, etc) that have ANY reference to you.
>
> 3. Turn these emails over to The Washington Post.
>
> Imagine the public embarrasment to FCPS of these
> emails as I am sure some nasty things were said.
>
> GOOD LUCK!

DO IT !! Great Idea !!

Posted by: ThereYouGo ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:19PM

Go For It Wrote:
> Lee Parent Wrote:
> -----
> > To Dave Kori-
> >
> > Ok kid-time to stand up to "The Man". You have
> a
> > moral respnsibility to your fellow students to
> > have the last laugh.
> >
> > Here is my advice to you:
> >
> > Since the Nazis at FCPS have decided to
> discipline
> > you, this whole incident now falls under FERPA
> and
> > becomes part of your educational record. With
> > that, comes federal protections under FERPA
> which
> > allows you not only privacy but also access to
> ANY
> > RECORDS from FCPS employees who might have been
> > foolish enough to discuss this incident via
> > email.
> >
> > 1. Any FCPS employee who discussed this
> incident
> > publically is in violation of FERPA-you should
> > file a former complaint with The Department of
> > Education.
> >
> > 2. Request ALL emails of FCPS employees
> > (including all SB members, Dale, Tilstadts, LB
> > Principal, etc) that have ANY reference to you.
> >
> > 3. Turn these emails over to The Washington
> Post.
> >
> > Imagine the public embarrasment to FCPS of
> these
> > emails as I am sure some nasty things were
> said.
> >
> > GOOD LUCK!
>
>
> DO IT !! Great Idea !!

Yes! Also let Washington Post know Mrs. T got away with nothing after making an abusive comment of saying "snotty nosed brats". One thing though I was a bit confused about the rules of using cell phones in schools. I keep getting mixed stories about the use of cell phones in schools..I thought high school students were allowed to carry their cells as long as they were turned off and if need to make a call, call during break times or lunch time, something to that effect? How long was Kori detained on Saturday for detention?

Posted by: VoiceOfReason ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:55PM

Wow!!!! This is the wife of someone we entrust with our children's education? Do they even have children? Thank goodness they are not my represetative. Snot nosed brats?? really? What an idiot she is for responding to the phone call...and what it says about our school board. tsk tsk.

Posted by: Outraged Parent ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:40PM

Discretion- the fact that FCPS Nazis chose to discipline Kori for cell phone use and not the other 163k students is called arbitrary and capricious which is not something the courts or the ACLU are fond of when it comes to mindless Zero Tolerance policies.

The ACLU is waiting in the wings waiting for a ZT discrimination case and maybe this could be the one they take up. FCPS has some nasty habits when it comes to the way they implement ZT-a court challenge is long overdue

Posted by: Little Boo Boo ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:47PM

Waaahhhh! Waaahhhh! Somebody called at the wrong time!!!
Waaahhhh! Waaahhhh! Somebody said something bad about Meeeeeeeee!!!!!
My Mommy's getting a lawyer thats bigger than your lawyer!!!!!
Waaahhhh! Waaahhhh!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DwIcaV1xKSA

Posted by: Otis Campbell ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:52PM

The heck with all this. I want a drink! Some of you need one too! (or another one
anyway)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsznTJ7YBc&NR=1

Posted by: tishdat you pig ()
Date: January 29, 2008 02:15PM

nice pictures

Date: January 29, 2008 02:35PM

Seriously if my dad called up his CO and asked why he didnt have the day off cuz it snowed he be courtmartialed. If ANYONE called their bosses bosses boss and whined that it was snowing and why did he have to come in to work he would be FIRED or disciplined. Grow UP Kori

Date: January 29, 2008 07:15PM

VoiceOfReason Wrote:
> Wow!!!! This is the wife of someone we entrust
> with our children's education? Do they even have
> children? Thank goodness they are not my
> represetative. Snot nosed brats?? really? What an
> idiot she is for responding to the phone
> call...and what it says about our school board.
> tsk tsk.

VoiceOfIgnorance is more like it. Neither of the Tistadts are members of the school board. That is an elected body. She is a longtime school secretary...you know, she works in the office?

The only thing I fault her for is leaving her message on a machine, rather than delivering it live to this punk. I, like she apparently did, consider this kid's stunt an invasion of my home, albeit by wire. Plus, he was just one of many that have been harassing them. Everybody has their limit....I might have lost it myself.

BTW, the school board is not involved in day-to-day personnel and hiring....I'm a FCPS employee and I'm sure the Board isn't aware of my existence. They wouldn't know of Mrs Tistadt's either if not for the fact that she is married to the CEO.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:35PM

ferfux Wrote:
> Seriously if my dad called up his CO and asked why
> he didnt have the day off cuz it snowed he be
> courtmartialed. If ANYONE called their bosses
> bosses boss and whined that it was snowing and why
> did he have to come in to work he would be FIRED
> or disciplined.

of course because high school is ultra-conformist like the military or like a job you can lose. there is no room for free thought in high school!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 29, 2008 07:38PM

Duh you use some pretty poor logic to defend this woman. Well we don't know much about her so how can we hold her accoutable? She works in a school and obviously comes into contact with kids. Is it wrong for a parent to be concerned about her foul temper? The "you little snot nosed brats" doesn't just come out of thin air it reflects her attitude towards those she comes into contact with each day.

If I blew up at every stupid call that comes to my house I would be in the hospital with high blood pressure. There was a right way to handle this and a wrong way. She chose the wrong way.

You say that everyone has their limit but if one phone call in the middle of the day her limit? If so she needs help.

BTW there was no invasion here. Let's be real about it. One phone call that was it. You do not know Dave Kori nor do I but you seem to share Candy Tistadts attitude that anyone below the age of 18 is a punk and or a snot nosed brat.

Date: January 29, 2008 09:01PM

bender Wrote:
> Duh you use some pretty poor logic to defend this
> woman. Well we don't know much about her so how
> can we hold her accoutable? She works in a school
> and obviously comes into contact with kids. Is it
> wrong for a parent to be concerned about her foul
> temper? The "you little snot nosed brats" doesn't
> just come out of thin air it reflects her attitude
> towards those she comes into contact with each
> day.
>
> If I blew up at every stupid call that comes to my
> house I would be in the hospital with high blood
> pressure. There was a right way to handle this and
> a wrong way. She chose the wrong way.
>
> You say that everyone has their limit but if one
> phone call in the middle of the day her limit? If
> so she needs help.
>
> BTW there was no invasion here. Let's be real
> about it. One phone call that was it. You do not
> know Dave Kori nor do I but you seem to share
> Candy Tistadts attitude that anyone below the age
> of 18 is a punk and or a snot nosed brat.

From what I have read and heard....there have been dozens of calls, at all hours, to the Tistadt's home. Probably mostly from the RD crowd. Reportedly, a few were of a threatening nature and the police are investigating those. That's what I meant by reaching her limit....

She has worked in schools for many years...so I seriously doubt she has been assaulting the little ones all this time.

Are you comparing calls, some threatening, to a public official's home, to rant about his performance of his job to the "stupid" calls every body gets? Like telemarketers? Come on!

Posted by: What ()
Date: January 29, 2008 09:29PM

duh Wrote:
> bender Wrote:
> -----
> > Duh you use some pretty poor logic to defend
> this
> > woman. Well we don't know much about her so how
> > can we hold her accoutable? She works in a
> school
> > and obviously comes into contact with kids. Is
> it
> > wrong for a parent to be concerned about her
> foul
> > temper? The "you little snot nosed brats"
> doesn't
> > just come out of thin air it reflects her
> attitude
> > towards those she comes into contact with each
> > day.
> >
> > If I blew up at every stupid call that comes to
> my
> > house I would be in the hospital with high
> blood
> > pressure. There was a right way to handle this
> and
> > a wrong way. She chose the wrong way.
> >
> > You say that everyone has their limit but if
> one
> > phone call in the middle of the day her limit?
> If
> > so she needs help.
> >
> > BTW there was no invasion here. Let's be real
> > about it. One phone call that was it. You do
> not
> > know Dave Kori nor do I but you seem to share
> > Candy Tistadts attitude that anyone below the
> age
> > of 18 is a punk and or a snot nosed brat.
>
>
> From what I have read and heard....there have been
> dozens of calls, at all hours, to the Tistadt's
> home. Probably mostly from the RD crowd.
> Reportedly, a few were of a threatening nature and
> the police are investigating those. That's what I
> meant by reaching her limit....
>
> She has worked in schools for many years...so I
> seriously doubt she has been assaulting the little
> ones all this time.
>
> Are you comparing calls, some threatening, to a
> public official's home, to rant about his
> performance of his job to the "stupid" calls every
> body gets? Like telemarketers? Come on!

Did these dozen or so calls occur after Kori's call or prior to his call? Did Kori make a threatening call to the Tisdadts' residence? Maybe he shouldn't have called, but Mrs. T should not have made the comment of "snotty nosed brats" either. Kori was detained on a Saturday for detention, exactly how long I am not sure (anybody know how long he had to take detention?), but to pluck a kid in Saturday detention over a call and Mrs. T making no apology to Kori and his family or to the parents of kids for her outrageous comments do not sit right. Not right.

Date: January 29, 2008 09:34PM

For a long time it gave me nightmares... witnessing an injustice like that... it's a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be... I can still hear them taunting him... silly rabbit, tricks are for kids... I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Date: January 30, 2008 02:17PM

Its hard to believe that the dozen or so calls referred to could have occurred before it the call was even posted on the internet. Besides she refers directly to Kori and does not mention all the calls you speak of.

My problem with all this is Kori received punishment for a catch 22 in that he made a phone call during school hours. If the routine punishment for a student being caught using a phone during school hours is a day in Saturday detention then you win the argument. But I highly doubt that is the standard punishment. If it goes beyond the routine then what you have is the FCPS using their power to punish a student as a personal vendetta.

I find it very sad that FCPS finds nothing wrong with Candy Tistadts language towards a pupil. In fact they refer to it as understandable.
What I see is nothing more than FCPS taking care of their own and then slapping down a student who dared to question their all great authority.

It is my understanding that Kori is a senior. When he graduates he will be a Fairfax resident and not under the thumb of petty dictators in FCPS. I hope he takes full advantage of his rights as a resident and questions FCPS on all their policies and procedures.

Date: January 30, 2008 06:50PM

what i want to know is what Mr. Tisdadt thinks of all this.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: January 30, 2008 07:57PM

Gravis Wrote:
> what i want to know is what Mr. Tisdadt thinks of
> all this.

I'm sure he wishes that the Mrs had taken the high road....

But he said on TV that NO appologies would be forthcoming from their side.

He joked about it to group he was addressing the other day. I was in that group.

Posted by: Led ()
Date: January 30, 2008 10:31PM

How dare you ask for a hall pass, you snot nose brat!
Attachments:
charlotte_milchard_snow_white_pic3.gif

Posted by: Mrs. T's Valium ()
Date: January 30, 2008 10:40PM

duh Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> -----
> > what i want to know is what Mr. Tisdadt thinks
> of
> > all this.
>
>
> I'm sure he wishes that the Mrs had taken the high
> road....
>
> But he said on TV that NO appologies would be
> forthcoming from their side.
>
> He joked about it to group he was addressing the
> other day. I was in that group.

I guess we know who wears the pants in the family.

Date: January 31, 2008 07:21PM

bender Wrote:
> Its hard to believe that the dozen or so calls
> referred to could have occurred before it the call
> was even posted on the internet. Besides she
> refers directly to Kori and does not mention all
> the calls you speak of.
>
> My problem with all this is Kori received
> punishment for a catch 22 in that he made a phone
> call during school hours. If the routine
> punishment for a student being caught using a
> phone during school hours is a day in Saturday
> detention then you win the argument. But I highly
> doubt that is the standard punishment. If it goes
> beyond the routine then what you have is the FCPS
> using their power to punish a student as a
> personal vendetta.
>
> I find it very sad that FCPS finds nothing wrong
> with Candy Tistadts language towards a pupil. In
> fact they refer to it as understandable.
> What I see is nothing more than FCPS taking care
> of their own and then slapping down a student who
> dared to question their all great authority.
>
> It is my understanding that Kori is a senior. When
> he graduates he will be a Fairfax resident and not
> under the thumb of petty dictators in FCPS. I hope
> he takes full advantage of his rights as a
> resident and questions FCPS on all their policies
> and procedures.

Standard FCPS policy is only middle and high schoolers may have a phone, but it must be out of sight and turned off. All schools have choice of discipline but generally for a first offense the device is confiscated and returned at the end of the day. If it is a second offense, usually the device is returned on the last day of the week, sometimes to parents only. Saturday school would generally only be used in extreme offenses, and generally not for phones ever, thats more for discipline things. I do know some schools will hold a device that is not a phone (A PSP or iPod for instance) for 30 days. During Saturday school you have to clean the nasty high school bathrooms.

Date: January 31, 2008 10:54PM

As I suspected. If standard policy for a first offense was a day in Saturday detention then the schools would be full on the weekends.

Of course no apology from the Tistadts. Why should they when the FCPS calls her language understandable and lowers the hammer on Kori. They have nothing to fear. Her actions were condoned his was not. Nice example for all students to learn there are two sets of rules in FCPS.

Like I stated before I now see why the redistricting people are so pissed off having to deal with these tyrants in the school system. This is their kids they are talking about and all they get out of FCPS is a system of rules to enforce or not enforce as they choose. Too much power has made the system corrupt.

Posted by: Dave Kori ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:50AM

Okay this issue has been long dead so none of you probably care anymore but I'd like to clear up some misconceptions.

Listen to her original message, Mrs. Tistadt doesn't mention any other phonecalls, when I discussed the issue with Mr. Tistadt via phone, he didn't mention any calls prior to my phone call, her message is obviously a reaction to my message and only mine. It is highly likely that any other calls she received were a reaction from other students to being called "snotty-nosed little brats", but if it did result in harassment (which I had a specific disclaimer against in the original posting), then I apologize for any indirect role I may have played in causing that.

I obviously understand boundaries, calling an administrator to receive information is a far cry from calling one's CO, i know the difference as does anyone who's not a complete moron, I made what I considered to be a reasonable action legally short of harassment, I think that shows a decent understanding of boundaries there. Rest assured, I would never call a boss at home if that broke protocol, but obviously the potential consequences and the situation as a whole are different in that scenario, so try not to make that connection it really doesn't work. Keep saying I won't get far in the real world, I just view it as a challenge (though i'm sure my definition of success is very different from many of yours).

I didn't complain about this, my reaction when I first heard the message was to laugh, and to inform others of what I considered to be an egregious error that people deserved to know about. I could have pushed this further, fought my saturday school etc, but I didn't care enough, so all of you bitching about me being spoiled or calling my lawyer or whatever other bullshit you can come up with don't know anything. Guess what, every single teenager in America doesn't match your stereotyped perception, the majority of you formed opinions about me prior to even hearing a word I've said, that's the very close-mindedness that seems to characterize the elder generations (another stereotype I know, and one that's obviously not universally true, considering the outpour of support i've gotten from other adults). I never complained and don't believe i'm "entitled" to anything, I made a call because I thought something was a poor decision and wanted more information.

I should clarify that Saturday school was not harsh at all, probably not worth complaining about. I broke a school rule, and I suffered the punishment, and I more just found it amusing that they danced around the fact that they had blatantly caught me on a technicality, and tried to paint it as a character issue. Also, to be fair I should point out that that punishment included that I used a school computer to look up the phone numbers (office and home, called the listed office number first), which was not homework related. Everything the school pinned me with were things that I had admitted to, not things I had been caught doing, after the school had assured me I wasn't in any trouble, as I'm a minor had I decided to change my story I would have probably gotten away with it, but it wouldn't have been honest.

anyways, the latest (and final) development is that I apologized for the phone call, I had said to the washington post reporter that the reason i wanted the issue to end was that the whole situation was moving away from the issue of student expression, at that time I felt sympathy for the fact that Candy Tistadt was nationally humiliated. After I found that no apology would be issued from the Tistadts, that sympathy was severely lessened. (None of you try to construe it as believing I'm entitled to an apology, I don't care, being called a snotty-nosed little brat didn't hurt me, but it's just kind of the generally expected thing to do to apologize, and the lack of apology indicates she believes her initial action was correct).

To sum up my 2 cents on my own story, don't believe everything you hear in the media, if you haven't noticed every single network told a different story. Also, try not to form opinions of people based on limited knowledge, and try to look at an issue from different peoples perspective (the idea that privacy could be approached differently by different generations seemed completely absurd to some people). If you already have opinions about people of a certain generation, don't let those influence your views on one person, certainly i've been born into privilege in the sense that I've never had to worry about food being on the table, but I think the awareness of that fact alone shows that I'm not spoiled, atleast not to the degree many of you seem to believe. Every generation thinks the following one is spoiled, the baby boomers seem a little bit better at convincing themselves.

Also I apologize for the profanity, but atleast it wasn't directed at anyone specifically, and considering the medium through which we're communicating, I don't think its out of place at all, nonetheless if anyone finds it offensive I'm sorry. I'm obviously emotional about this, and I think that carries through here.

Final note (sorry for the long post) - Paul Regnier the county spokesmen claimed in the email that any call made to the private residence of a government official is harassment. Unless we're to assume that government officials are given special privileges which others aren't entitled to, by that logic I was severely harassed by the media. As I quickly discovered the wonders of technology allow me to turn off the ringer on our phone and let the machine get it, I was not bothered, and therefore do not believe in any way that I was harassed. I'd say this adds credence to the fact that different generations approach issues differently, a fact that Paul Regnier blatantly ignores and one which I believe alone is grounds for his dismissal from FCPS. That's all.

Date: February 16, 2008 12:59AM

Furthermore, if any of you still believe I'm a brat who complains, even though you can't site a single complaint i've made save for my criticism of your mindless stereotyping (and for the media coverage of the issue when things like darfur should get the spotlight) , feel free to email me so we can discuss the issue further. Perhaps this email proves I have too much time on my hands, but there's a reason I'm posting at 1 o'clock to squeeze it in around my AP schedule, and I probably do more political volunteer work per year than most of you that criticize me have done in your lifetimes, so please lets keep the faulty assumptions to a minimum, i'm sure making fun of teenagers gives you a massive hard-on but it doesn't make you look any smarter.

also, to anticipate what some of you are probably going to say, don't try to make it seem like the rhetoric i use here characterizes what I sounded like in my voicemail, Tistadt admitted my message was "largely reasonable" so its really not an issue, and there's a time for professionalism (That), and a time where it isn't needed (now).

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: February 16, 2008 06:33AM

Hi Dave,

Thank you for clearing things up here. I agree it's better to move on and put this unfortunate incident in the past. Good luck with whatever you pursue in the future.

Trickie

Posted by: taxpayer's request ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:46AM

TRICKIE Wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for clearing things up here. I agree
> it's better to move on and put this unfortunate
> incident in the past. Good luck with whatever you
> pursue in the future.
>
> Trickie

Didn't one fellow sign his application for a UVA course Macaca? Kori can use Snot Nosed Brat! Kori and other students should analyze the Budget, CIP, boundaries, and develope reasonable spreadsheets promoting operational efficiency. That truly would be beneficial and could only take about 2 days on a macro basis.

Posted by: Lillibit ()
Date: February 16, 2008 08:57AM

Dave,

Thank you for posting on this board. Let me start by saying that I do NOT think you are a snot-nosed brat and I also believe that your call to the Tistadt's residence, while cheeky, was not harassment. Had you continued to call and use threatening language -- maybe. But under the circumstances, definately not harassment.

I commend you on your concern for the reputation of Candy Tistadt. You have the beginnings of being a gentleman. I also thought you carried yourself pretty well on national television.

Good luck in college next year. I have a strong feeling that you will do just fine. I hope this incident will not censure you in the future.

And now that you know how these sound bites can be like a "horse out of the barn", please don't do anything stupid like a sex tape or silly-slapping video.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 16, 2008 10:03AM

Here you go Wrote:
> Mr. Paul Regnier,
>
> I had
> made one phone call to the Tistadt residence
> during my school lunch period, which is not at all
> an inappropriate time to call
>
>
>
> Thank You and I look
> forward to your reply.
>
> --Dave Kori

LOL. I remember being that age... thinking you are so enlightened and that you will be different than everyone else when you are older. LOL LOL LOL. Can you NOT understand that it is inappropriate to call anyone at home for non-personal reasons unless you have been invited to? The proper number to call is her office. If you don't get through to her there, then post a note to somewhere like here. The bimbos and "wah I'm getting school for free" parents complaining about where their free schooling comes from have certainly gotten enough attention. You think you are clever but nothing you are doing is original.

Posted by: yaa ()
Date: February 16, 2008 10:06AM

pgens Wrote:
> Here you go Wrote:
> -----
> > Mr. Paul Regnier,
> >
> > I had
> > made one phone call to the Tistadt residence
> > during my school lunch period, which is not at
> all
> > an inappropriate time to call
> >
> >
> >
> > Thank You and I look
> > forward to your reply.
> >
> > --Dave Kori
>
> LOL. I remember being that age... thinking you
> are so enlightened and that you will be different
> than everyone else when you are older. LOL LOL
> LOL. Can you NOT understand that it is
> inappropriate to call anyone at home for
> non-personal reasons unless you have been invited
> to? The proper number to call is her office. If
> you don't get through to her there, then post a
> note to somewhere like here. The bimbos and "wah
> I'm getting school for free" parents complaining
> about where their free schooling comes from have
> certainly gotten enough attention. You think you
> are clever but nothing you are doing is original.

Its still funny...so why are you complaining?

PRANK CALL!!!!!!

Date: February 16, 2008 11:28AM

pgens Wrote:
> LOL. I remember being that age... thinking you
> are so enlightened and that you will be different
> than everyone else when you are older.

if you recall, he posted that he was calling to get more information because he disagreed, not to state that he disagreed or to complain. obtaining information is called learning.

> Can you NOT understand that it is
> inappropriate to call anyone at home for
> non-personal reasons unless you have been invited
> to?

you mean like people every politician running for office? when you are a public official of any kind, calls at home should not be unexpected.

> The bimbos and "wah
> I'm getting school for free" parents complaining
> about where their free schooling comes from have
> certainly gotten enough attention. You think you
> are clever but nothing you are doing is original.

what you are claiming goes directly against everything he posted. you can claim you know what people are thinking but the fact is you dont. now, if you are claiming you are psychic, that's a completely different issue.

pgens,
   please take some time to reevaluate the situation.

Date: February 16, 2008 02:42PM

Dave Kori Wrote:
> Furthermore, if any of you still believe I'm a
> brat who complains, even though you can't site a
> single complaint...(snip)

Ummmm, Einstein...that would be "CITE a single complaint..."

I see why you didn't get into TJ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 02:42PM by duh.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: February 16, 2008 02:58PM

duh Wrote:
> Dave Kori Wrote:
> -----
> > Furthermore, if any of you still believe I'm a
> > brat who complains, even though you can't site
> a
> > single complaint...(snip)
>
>
> Ummmm, Einstein...that would be "CITE a single
> complaint..."
>
> I see why you didn't get into TJ.

I think JACKASS is spelled DUH!

Date: February 16, 2008 03:33PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
> duh Wrote:
> -----
> > Dave Kori Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Furthermore, if any of you still believe I'm
> a
> > > brat who complains, even though you can't
> site
> > a
> > > single complaint...(snip)
> >
> >
> > Ummmm, Einstein...that would be "CITE a single
> > complaint..."
> >
> > I see why you didn't get into TJ.
>
>
> I think JACKASS is spelled DUH!

Well fuckhead, then I guess it's safe to assume that you didn't take AP English either.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: February 16, 2008 03:53PM

Im sorry you could not see the humor in that....

The guy wrote a long post and the only thing you could do was to point out a one letter typo.. You didnt think that would get a response?

And "Fuckhead"

Damn man , try not to be a prick. Put down the beer and go beat your dog or something.

Date: February 16, 2008 04:13PM

Yeah, I know it's just one letter, but if the kid is as smart as he thinks he is, he could spell a simple word like that. And I just skimmed his bullshit post....there's probably plenty of other examples.

And thanks for reminding me about the the beer...it's after 4:00...I iced it down about 2:00...should be about ready!

And I'll have you know, I wouldn't raise a hand to my dogs! (They're good buddies with my stallion, and he'd stomp my ass into the ground if I did!)

Date: February 16, 2008 08:43PM

Props to Dave (A hero for all FCPS students) for posting on this board.

I heard some people petitioned his Saturday school.

Paul Reigner should be disciplined, Dave Kori should sue him. (Give Paul Saturday school!)

I feel that a call to Tistadt's house was justified since a response was not received from email or office calls.

Oh and Dave, the issue is not dead at all. FCPS is trying to sweep it under the rug but they are failing to achieve that goal (just like NCLB)

Date: February 17, 2008 07:13PM

duh Wrote:
> Dave Kori Wrote:
> -----
> > Furthermore, if any of you still believe I'm a
> > brat who complains, even though you can't site
> a
> > single complaint...(snip)
>
>
> Ummmm, Einstein...that would be "CITE a single
> complaint..."
>
> I see why you didn't get into TJ.

indeed, making a single mistake on a post that would be two pages paper is horrible. duh, you are grasping at straws.

Take a Stand Wrote:
> Damn man , try not to be a prick. Put down the
> beer and go beat your dog or something.

LOL!

Posted by: DUD ()
Date: February 17, 2008 08:48PM

DUH is a DUD.

You are one big DUD. And you say you work for school security….why don’t you keep yourself busy by checking the alignment of the orange cones in the school parking lot.

Posted by: DUD ()
Date: February 17, 2008 09:39PM

Hey yo...DUD,

Speaking of orange, do you wear a reflective orange vest when you're in the high school parking lot directing traffic? DUD??

Posted by: HS Kid ()
Date: February 17, 2008 10:31PM

Is this you, DUD ??? LOL
Attachments:
Old woman crossing guard.jpg

Posted by: Wrong! ()
Date: February 17, 2008 10:50PM

DUD is an old fart man.....what a retard.....

Date: February 17, 2008 10:59PM

Nawww, dude...I sneak around watching the gangbangers and other slack-jawed morons like you.

Date: February 18, 2008 12:20AM

Dave,
I figured the FCPS stuck it to you as a personal vendetta and not as a standard punishment and it appears that was the case.

I don't have much dealings with FCPS but the few I have were not pleasant. I found them to be arrogant to the max. I think it says alot about your character that you are putting this behind you and letting it just go away.

I figured from the beginning we only getting the FCPS version of the event and not the whole truth. Thanks for standing up to these jerks.

Posted by: Lee Guy ()
Date: February 18, 2008 12:31AM

Yeah, well DUD, get a life man…and leave us kids alone. Most kids aren’t f….king w/u so why the hell are you so pissed at all of us?

And stfu about Kori..K?..

Date: February 18, 2008 05:19AM

To "Duh"

I pray god that the majority of FCPS employees don't have the kind of free time to scrounge a message board talking about how much they hate a 17 year old whom they've never met (as far as I know, if I do know you please stop hiding behind your screename), and picking out typos.

I didn't get into TJ because I tend to make typos on message board postings at 2 am? Thanks for clearing that up I was wondering about that.

If you have the courage of your convictions, why not make some actual reasonable claim, rather than pointing out my typo of the word "cite", why not actually cite an example? Do you have such little faith in your own viewpoint that you're left to pick on fine details? Does belittling high school students make you feel better about your orange vest? Frankly the fact that anyone who would talk about a school issue in the manner that you did, an adult using words like "fuckhead", has a job that involves them being around school children makes me want to vomit.

My offer is still open, if you want to discuss it further shoot me an email.

You said Tistadt joked about this incident to a group he addressed, I'd be more than curious to find out what the nature of this joke is.

Does anyone have any more information about filing with FERPA, I basically started this on the issue of public accountability, might as well see it through. Since my punishment has already occurred, is it too late to file, and exactly what would I have to do to get them to release all records pertaining to me?

Date: February 18, 2008 05:25AM

btw, the picture of the feyenrood rotterdam fan flicking off the camera brought a smile to my face, I wish I had that kind of passion when I was that age.

Date: February 18, 2008 12:51PM

>You said Tistadt joked about this incident to a group he addressed, I'd be more >than curious to find out what the nature of this joke is.

Relax, it was a self-deprecating comment about the "power of the internet". There was no mention of you, his wife, or the phone incident at all.

The guy is way too smart to say anything inflammatory in public.

Posted by: A Parent ()
Date: February 18, 2008 05:42PM

Dave,

Please don’t pay too much attention to “Duh” or, more appropriately “DUD” …. He has the IQ of an orange. Now he’s back peddling on his posts. He writes like a pompous ass and certainly doesn’t belong anywhere near kids. He’s simply a little man with a little power playing school security guard in his reflective orange vest.

As you are becoming aware, there has been a pattern of arrogance and an absence of accountability displayed by Fairfax County representatives which is becoming a concern to many.

Good luck with your future.

Date: February 18, 2008 06:09PM

High schools dont have anyone who stands outside in an orange vest, thats more like in elementary schools. The crossing gaurd is provided by FCPD not the FCPS.

Dave, file FERPA anyways.

to A Parent, a good insult about IQ is to say something like "His IQ is about room temperature" that one always cracks me up.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.