HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax GLOBAL OPPORTUNTIES Lunch Event at Tower Club__Follow Ups
Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: May 16, 2013 09:55PM

May 16, 2013

Update: Through the generosity of VEDP, this event is free.
Register: www.nvtc.org/events

Follow Up: Opportnities Strengthen Virginia Exports
With VEDP Trade Missions

The lunch event today at the Tower Club in Vienna was most valuable with 4 Trade Represenatives present where opportunities for export for Virginia companies are being facilitated via VEDP (Virginia Economic Development Partnership based in Richmond, VA).

Here are the two best photos. I have two others also I can post for those who like to follow up. The Fairfax Room where the event was held today was completely full.

A special note of thanks to NVTC and VEDP for cohosing this valuable events at Vienna, VA.

CafeTwinV
Attachments:
TRADE MISSION VIRGINIA 0202.jpg
TRADE MISSION VIRGINIA 0203.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax GLOBAL OPPORTUNTIES Lunch Event at Tower Club__Follow Ups
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 16, 2013 10:00PM

Free food?

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: May 18, 2013 07:42AM

Two Follow Up Topics For Virginia Exports & Innovation:

(01) Wireless Telecom Technology Development & Deployment
(02) Electric Power Distribution__Alternate Energy Topics

Conversation: The Wireless Telecom has a number of different technology protocols that have been emerging from the 80's to the 90's.

I like to focus here the wireless telecom technologies that I have identified as topics that are already being pursued in Virginia or in the Virginia Region.

(01A) LMDS__ A Technology Topic in Wireless with Manufacturing and Export Potential

Conversation: Virginia Tech LMDS (Local Multipoint Distribution Service)

Virginia Tech has a group called Virginia Tech Communications Network Services (CNS) that have been doing research on LMDS since the 90's.

LMDS is also known as "wireless cable". Virginia Tech LMDS Research Center site says that one key application for LMDS can be "rural broadband infrastructure". Virginia Tech holds a FCC license for LMDS very high frequency 27.5 GHz to 31.3 GHz range .

This is a range of frequency that may be a good fit for many of the mountain area small communities in Virginia where this technology perhaps can emerge as a competition to other existing wireless technologies that are now in use.

I plan to seek conversation with the Virginia Tech LMDS Research Center to see if they have a protype demo in place yet or not. They probably do.

So, if the results are promising, LMDS could find a niche market for rural infrastructure as well as possibly for strengtheing emerency communications in times of natural disaster type events such as hurricanes, tornados and severe storms with a path through communities in Virginia.

This is a technology that has not yet been deployed but has promise obviously for technology development and manufacturing in Virginia use and exports from Virginia with made in USA as a key goal.

Next Discussion in Wireless Technology Innovation:
Internet Protocol television (IPTV)

IPTV is developing much more rapidly that LMDS. Major players are involved in deploying IPTV technology as part of emerging Wireless Technology.

IPTV Hybrid has the best potential for development for Virginia manufacturing with expertise existing in a Virginia region state as well as in California.

The California company is focusing in China as a major market. Whereas the Virginia region company is already working with a broadband provider in Virgina to develop this technology. There are other opportunities to develop IPTV HYbrid for Fairfax and Norhern Virginia while adopt this technology for select rural infrastructure as well.

IF anyone in telecom interested in IPTV technology development and manufacturing in Virginia, give us a holler for possible virtual teaming for technology development.

Community Vitality Boosters #Green DC Metro
By Café Twin
http://cafetwinv.waldenthree.net/

Posted by: dude4321 ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:19PM

the tower club is basically a lounge and place to eat on the top floor of this building in tysons corner. my company had their christmas party there a couple years ago. the views are impressive. not sure how much of a "club" there is though. if anything, maybe some douchey govt contractor types meet there. the lounge did look pretty nice though.
Attachments:
tower.bmp

Posted by: 8a Loophole ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:35PM

dude4321 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the tower club is basically a lounge and place to
> eat on the top floor of this building in tysons
> corner. my company had their christmas party
> there a couple years ago. the views are
> impressive. not sure how much of a "club" there
> is though. if anything, maybe some douchey govt
> contractor types meet there. the lounge did look
> pretty nice though.

Douchey govt contractor types ? Is there any other kind ?

Date: May 20, 2013 01:26PM

May 20, 2013

RE: A "Small Group" Virtual Teaming Follow Up Afternoon Tea Event

Tech Innovators & Inventors and creative music people as target group
Small Group Afternoon Tea Event

on a Friday 2:00 PM_4:00 PM at Epicure Cafe
at Vienna__GMU Providence District Location (proposed)

Background For this Conversation:Education That Counts Board
At Pinterest.com
http://pinterest.com/cafetwin/education-that-counts-with-ethics-training-plus-in/

Conversation: I met some interesting entrepreneurs at the Tower Club Lunch last week as I have posted the photos that I have shared here earlier (Search CafetwinV or Waldenthreenet) and you will see my Tower Club "Virginia Export" event.

As a follow up, one topic that I see considerable opportunity for technology develoment is "wireless applications" development.

It's a very dynamic field, and much has happend that is really simply amazing and lot of big players that are competing for the cellphone, tablet, and the desktop computer marketplace.

We here in Fairfax Metro DC have considerable expertise in the software/IT/Telecom side. But weak on hardware perhaps as much of the manufacutring end of the hardware has been in China, Tawain, Scandanevia as the leaders.

But what is great about America, is that we are an innovative nation with entreprenurial mindset.

So, I see opportunities developing for those who have some skils and interest in wireless technologies as the two competing standards continue to develop and merge in new ways to bring value to niche group of users.

So this is the background, anyone who has some inventive skills and knowledge would benefit from our small group events as proposed here.

I am looking for may be 5 to 10 people who have some background in software/Teleocm/IT or have inventor skills to come together to explore these new emerging areas for technology product development in the wireless marketplace.

For example, one of the two main standards that are subcribed by many of the key players in our area in the wireless marketplace is the WiMAX Forum.

A leading hardware manufacturer in this marketplace few years ago opened a major R&D facility near Virginia, and may be open to new ideas where their strength in hardware can be combined with our skills and markets here in Fairfax METRO DC on "nich" market app developments.

For this first event, I am thinking to invite Binny Cherian, President of QBurst whom I met at the Tower Club Lunch last week.

rather innovative company as I checkout their website and some projects they have developed for Iphone marketplace and few others as given in their Pinterst.com board.

I just reposted 2 such projects that is worth examining for future "niche" WIreless Apps that can be pursued via virtual teaming here at Fairfax, VA

Examples topics:

01. Education That Counts Board
At Pinterest.com
http://pinterest.com/cafetwin/education-that-counts-with-ethics-training-plus-in/

02. Qburst at Pinterest.com
http://pinterest.com/qburst/

and QBurst Pinterest.com Board where you will find some innovative projects that caught my attention as similar "niche' projects can be done via virtual teaming of entrepreneur and innovator or inventor types right here in our own Fairfax VA neighborhood anchor.

Indication of interest for a Friday 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM or 1:00 PM--3:00 PM at the Epicure Cafe with Binny Cherian, CEO of QBurst, I am planning to invite for a 10 minute presentation and a 10 Q&A at this event .

If I can get 5 to 10 qualified and interested innovators, we are on perhaps as early as in month of June.

Comments ?

About Me
Avi Dey, Producer, Café Twin Show Community TV
http://cafetwinshow.rhythmsamericana.net/index.html
Attachments:
ANDROID  portable-raspberry-pi.jpg

Date: May 20, 2013 01:26PM

May 20, 2013

RE: A "Small Group" Virtual Teaming Follow Up Afternoon Tea Event

Tech Innovators & Inventors and creative music people as target group
Small Group Afternoon Tea Event

on a Friday 2:00 PM_4:00 PM at Epicure Cafe
at Vienna__GMU Providence District Location (proposed)

Background For this Conversation:Education That Counts Board
At Pinterest.com

Conversation: I met some interesting entrepreneurs at the Tower Club Lunch last week as I have posted the photos that I have shared here earlier (Search CafetwinV or Waldenthreenet) and you will see my Tower Club "Virginia Export" event.

As a follow up, one topic that I see considerable opportunity for technology develoment is "wireless applications" development.

It's a very dynamic field, and much has happend that is really simply amazing and lot of big players that are competing for the cellphone, tablet, and the desktop computer marketplace.

We here in Fairfax Metro DC have considerable expertise in the software/IT/Telecom side. But weak on hardware perhaps as much of the manufacutring end of the hardware has been in China, Tawain, Scandanevia as the leaders.

But what is great about America, is that we are an innovative nation with entreprenurial mindset.

So, I see opportunities developing for those who have some skils and interest in wireless technologies as the two competing standards continue to develop and merge in new ways to bring value to niche group of users.

So this is the background, anyone who has some inventive skills and knowledge would benefit from our small group events as proposed here.

I am looking for may be 5 to 10 people who have some background in software/Teleocm/IT or have inventor skills to come together to explore these new emerging areas for technology product development in the wireless marketplace.

For example, one of the two main standards that are subcribed by many of the key players in our area in the wireless marketplace is the WiMAX Forum.

A leading hardware manufacturer in this marketplace few years ago opened a major R&D facility near Virginia, and may be open to new ideas where their strength in hardware can be combined with our skills and markets here in Fairfax METRO DC on "nich" market app developments.

For this first event, I am thinking to invite Binny Cherian, President of QBurst whom I met at the Tower Club Lunch last week.

rather innovative company as I checkout their website and some projects they have developed for Iphone marketplace and few others as given in their Pinterst.com board.

I just reposted 2 such projects that is worth examining for future "niche" WIreless Apps that can be pursued via virtual teaming here at Fairfax, VA

Examples topics:

01. Education That Counts Board
At Pinterest.com

02. Qburst at Pinterest.com
http://pinterest.com/qburst/

and QBurst Pinterest.com Board where you will find some innovative projects that caught my attention as similar "niche' projects can be done via virtual teaming of entrepreneur and innovator or inventor types right here in our own Fairfax VA neighborhood anchor.

Indication of interest for a Friday 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM or 1:00 PM--3:00 PM at the Epicure Cafe with Binny Cherian, CEO of QBurst, I am planning to invite for a 10 minute presentation and a 10 Q&A at this event .

If I can get 5 to 10 qualified and interested innovators, we are on perhaps as early as in month of June.

Comments ?

About Me
Avi Dey, Producer, Café Twin Show Community TV
http://cafetwinshow.rhythmsamericana.net/index.html
Attachments:
ANDROID  portable-raspberry-pi.jpg

Date: March 17, 2014 11:39AM

New Topic: Memory of Old Burma Road (World War II) and Japanese and Indo-British Soldiers who game their lives in Burma . Now "Peace, Prospertiy, Education and Conversation" for Communities along the China Burma India Road .

Conversation: Any interest in collaborating for education plus economic development, possibly agriculture & fish farming topics in Burma, with secondary topic of wildlife conservation and forestry as possible good fit to what expertise and industries we have here in Virginia that could be brought to "virtual teaming" ?

Avi's New Pinterest Board For Background and Innovation:
Conservation Wildlife Circle_Memories of India Myanmar China

http://www.pinterest.com/clubtwin/conservation-wildlife-circle_memories-of-india-mya/
Attachments:
burma-map1.gif

Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: March 17, 2014 03:15PM

Best catered meal I ever had was a make-your-own-fajita bar with fresh steak/chicken/shrimp/veggies, peppers, onions, salsa, sour cream, fresh tortillas, cheese and all that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.