HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
2009 Honda Fit w/ Navigation Purchase in Fairfax
Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:19PM

Where is best place to purchase a 2009 Honda Fit Sport with navigation in Fairfax County? Are buying services like Costco or USAA helpful?

I am disappointed in the dealers that up the price by "added dealer profit," expensive accessories, and the "administrative" fee. I recognize that new and popular cars drive the prices--at least initially--but are there any County Honda dealers that would be worth visiting? Or is it better to purchase from a Prince William County dealer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2009 Honda Fit w/ Navigation Purchase in Fairfax
Posted by: Consumer ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:21PM

Not that it is any of my business but why would you want a honda fit with built in navigation. Usually factory navigation is about $2000 extra. TomTom or Garmin from Circuit City is around $300. Save yourself the money and buy a portable one.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:24PM

Consumer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not that it is any of my business but why would
> you want a honda fit with built in navigation.
> Usually factory navigation is about $2000 extra.
> TomTom or Garmin from Circuit City is around $300.
> Save yourself the money and buy a portable one.

Garmin sucks, my c340 is the most unreliable thing i've ever used, i'm very serious when I say i regret my purchase of my little Garmin unit instead of a built-in system. Extremely buggy, it often forgets roads, thinks i'm driving in woods. Then it loses signal, doesn't come back ever. Then a few days it just stopped working. This happened multiple times. it just doesnt power on.
then all of a sudden it works great...

its not worth the crap you have to go through

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 03:25PM by Awakened.

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:48PM

Good point, Consumer; however, the clever folks at Honda bundled the navigation system with other desirable options, like alloy wheels, 16" tires, and other electronic gadgets (MP3 connectivity). All things being equal, the regular Fit has all the major features like engine and mileage, etc. as the Sports model, but the Sports model has the extras...I'm a sucker for this side of marketing, but NOT for the the added dealer profit and admin fee...

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:54PM

Consumer Wrote:
> Not that it is any of my business but why would
> you want a honda fit with built in navigation.
> Usually factory navigation is about $2000 extra.
> TomTom or Garmin from Circuit City is around $300.
> Save yourself the money and buy a portable one.

While a built-in navigation system may look clean and uncluttered, it is a technology that continues to advance with rapidly falling prices. We have one in our Chrysler Pacifica and would opt for a stand-alone system if given the choice. Consumer is correct that you are paying $1000-1500 more for the integrated GPS which probably comes with other options that you may not want or need.

We like our Garmin Nuvi 350 (discontinued) and figure that when there is a major change in features/functions we will buy a newer model.

Good choice, however, on the Honda Fit. That is a very nice car for the money, but you are probably going to have a hard time finding a deal given the popularity of small, fun cars with good gas mileage. All dealers are going to be about the same, although you might find lower prices if you are willing to drive a little. We bought a Honda Ridgeline from the dealership in Hagerstown about a year ago and felt that it was $500-700 less than what we found in the metro DC area.

Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:56PM

Fairfax Citizen Wrote:
> Good point, Consumer; however, the clever folks at
> Honda bundled the navigation system with other
> desirable options, like alloy wheels, 16" tires,
> and other electronic gadgets (MP3 connectivity).
> All things being equal, the regular Fit has all
> the major features like engine and mileage, etc.
> as the Sports model, but the Sports model has the
> extras...I'm a sucker for this side of marketing,
> but NOT for the the added dealer profit and admin
> fee...

Well then...it looks like my response is a day late and a dollar short. That sucks, but you may still want to drive 90 minutes to Hagerstown or Fredericksburg to see if you can save a few bucks.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:51PM

I just bought an '08 Accord in Fredericksburg - it was at least $2000 less than at dealers in Manassas, Chantilly or Leesburg.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 04, 2008 07:28PM

I personally think the Honda Fit is the second ugliest car ever made, after the Toyota Prius. I was that guy driving next to you yelling "FUCK PRIUSES" today becuase they really look gay.

Posted by: ins ()
Date: September 07, 2008 01:44AM

iv got one in my backyard

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 07, 2008 03:16AM

"There's a sucker born every day."

Soichiro Honda (1906-1991)

Posted by: uPGUt ()
Date: September 07, 2008 06:07PM

I have a Nuvi 350 and it's pretty good.

IMHO, getting the GPS installed is sort of like installing a PC in your dash. In a year or so, it will look like you have a TRS-80 in your dash as new technology quickly makes it obsolete. How much are the map update CDs? Another advantage of the portable GPSs is that you can take them on trips.

Target has the Nuvi 200 (not great, but acceptable) on clearance right now for $148. It will probably go down in the newt week or so .

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.