HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Trash/bulk items
Posted by: Rossana ()
Date: September 04, 2008 10:03AM

Has anyone else had problems with Fairfax county picking up your brush/bulk items. This is really ridiculous. Do you remember when the storm that hit a few months ago allot of debris from trees fell and my tree fell as well, long story short, I hires someone to cut up the tree and pick up the debris around the house, they did perfect. They Fairfax county says they can't pickup the items because it is under the wires I need to move it -physically I can't move it-I needed to hire more people to come around and move it for me, then I get a notice saying their is bulk items mixed up, I tell them it is debris items from the storm what the difference? O my goodness I am trying to be a good citizen and clean my home and make it look nice and I pay so much in taxes for the county why is it so hard for pick up-Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks
Rossana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trash/bulk items
Posted by: pat ()
Date: September 04, 2008 10:32AM

I will let Obama know about your problem and he will wave his magic wand to solve it.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:22PM

The County doesn't collect my trash so I don't know what their policies are. My recommendation is that if you have to spend a dime more, spend it on a refuse collection service... something like two-guys-and-a-truck that can take it away and make it their problem.

Another option is to contact your representative on the County Board of Supervisors. I'd be willing to bet they'd like to help out with this kind of issue as it involves County services. A call to them may result in the pile disappearing shortly if you tell them your situation and the steps you have taken thus far to satisfy requirements.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: September 04, 2008 02:12PM

If you live in Springfield, it is acceptable to let it just sit out on the curb day after day until it rots......Herndon too

Posted by: Robert J ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:49PM

I can remove your debris for you. If you need help Email me. Boneyardbob@yahoo.com
We can work something out.

Thanks
Rob

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: September 05, 2008 09:56PM

Rossana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>....I pay so much in taxes for the county why
> is it so hard for pick up-Does anyone else have
> this problem?
>
>
> Thanks
> Rossana

No babe, most of us pay the same County taxes as you do, but we also have to pay a commercial trash company to haul our refuse away.

You must live in one of the few areas where the County still picks up the trash, you're lucky.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.