HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Next Fairfax Sheriff
Posted by: Root Boy Slim ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:23PM

Anyone know when DROP-SAID FRED Sheriff Stan Barry is done bending the citizens of Fairfax over to get to his retirement? Is he running again because I see a guy named Mark Sites-apparently his Chief Deputy- with a gaylord looking Facebook page announcing he is now running. Is Bill Cooper running again?I voted for him last time even though I am usually in the Dem column- I knew Barry had fleeced the County, and a talk I had with a county Dem official confirmed it- he said Barry "was lucky he had good will from them(Dems)"-because even he,and others in the Dem party felt Barry had crossed a line with his DROP fiasco.I laughed my ass off thinking about what a douche most of his own party thinks Barry is!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Next Fairfax Sheriff
Posted by: and the Sex Change Band ()
Date: May 10, 2013 09:32PM

Don't know Sites- but Barry is a douche.....

Posted by: He is a Douche ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:00PM

Barry is a Dem and he is a douche... Sites or whoever is a douche...

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: May 10, 2013 10:07PM

Seriously-is any one that bad?

Posted by: Sleeper ()
Date: May 11, 2013 10:14PM

Time for a fresh start in the Sheriffs office...Barry and anyone associated with him-like Sites- are tainted. Tag that with the coming tidal wave of displeasure with Obamacare and Dems in general and you have- Republican Sheriff.

Posted by: Common Sense ()
Date: May 13, 2013 05:24PM

Retirement sure does give Bill Cooper and his misguided/select-few followers a lot of time to spend on Fairfax Underground. It's also amusing how, despite all his smear tactics regarding DROP (which he attempted to use to taint the stellar reputation of the county's fiscally responsible, professional, and well-liked Sheriff during the last election), Cooper still lost by a fairly good percentage. Hopefully this go around, he (Bill Cooper) will spend his time not being a coward and actually show up to debate the incumbent in front of the voters (the same people who deemed him unworthy the last time....and will again this time), instead of spending his time on Fairfax Underground. Throw in the towel Bill, your arrogant ass simply doesn't have the brains.

Posted by: Jodeici fearnly ()
Date: May 14, 2013 01:53PM

Who cares? Fuck the sheriff. I dont care about anyone but myself! -_-

Posted by: Teh Shadow ()
Date: May 14, 2013 02:18PM

Bill Cooper is best known to the public for having that fruity haircut and campaigning so aggressively on "family values" that even normally clueless Fairfax voters started to suspect that some hideous preversion must be lurking just beneath the surface.

Date: May 14, 2013 02:54PM

Teh Shadow, you have once again performed massive douchbaggery all around this site. Thanks motherfucker!!

Posted by: Teh Shadow ()
Date: May 14, 2013 03:16PM

Jodeici fearnly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Teh Shadow, you have once again performed massive
> douchbaggery all around this site. Thanks
> motherfucker!!

YW, Always glad to help.

Posted by: Sane Person ()
Date: May 14, 2013 03:23PM

The election isn't for another 2 1/2 yrs. Doubt that Barry would run again. Amazing that the right wing-nuts couldn't come up with anyone better than Cooper, a low level deputy with no public speaking ability and no political experience. The wing-nuts also totally distorted the DROP thing, but it was kinda complicated, so they were too stupid to understand it.

Posted by: Spork for head brown dork ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:01AM

Date: May 15, 2013 02:20AM

You people need to stop talking about this stupid crap and start posting threads just about me!!!! I matter more than the sheriff! Who cares who is the sheriff?!? I am the best douchebag that ever walked on the face of the fucking planet!!! Talk about me!! Not the sheriff!!

Posted by: Fuck you Jodeci ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:24AM

Wow! Looks like someone is gettin' fresh! You better learn how to spell your name hun! Go back to kindergarten and they will teach you how to spell it!!

Date: May 15, 2013 02:25AM

Who the fuck do you think you are? Oh! You must be a troll!

Posted by: Fuck you Jodeci ()
Date: May 15, 2013 02:26AM

Hahahaha! Yes. I am a troll, and you are an idiot!

Posted by: circle the wagons ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:27PM

Funny how the wagons circle when the Dems panic...Barry is gone-literally and figuratively- and his hand picked succesor may not have the support they think he really does...watch this one Fairfax residents...

Posted by: how funny ()
Date: May 17, 2013 07:35PM

What is funny is how certain people keep talking about Bill Cooper as "just a retired low level Deputy(Lt). Funny thing is- Stan Barry was just a low level Deputy( Lt) before beating an incumbent Sheriff. Apparently next time it will be two new folks against each other...throw on that the Dems falling fortunes with President BO and it will be very intersting....

Posted by: the Phantom ()
Date: May 17, 2013 08:10PM

Back in the day many of you knew me as the Phantom...famous for leaving "deposits" in the male urinals and female bathrooms..I was proud of my Patriotic spirit when I stuck an American flag-on a toothpick-into one of my "deposits"on the 4th of July!! However I can now release my name as the Phantom and give it to Number 001- or SB- because if anyone can find that dude good luck!!Hugs and kisses...me!

Posted by: laughing my a off ()
Date: May 17, 2013 08:18PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-WAIT BURP- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Posted by: Bill Adulterer ()
Date: May 18, 2013 09:19AM

Cooper wishes the race would be interesting. There will be nothing interesting about it, I assure you. Just like last time (assuming he wins his own primary), come election day, Cooper will hang his head wondering how, despite all his mud-slinging in attmpts to fool the voters into believing that he is some kind of upstanding law enforcement professional/experienced executive whom even the governor endorsed (because he's a republican), he was yet again defeated by nearly 10,000 votes. And by the way genius, public displeasure with the democratic president of the United States hardly impacts the Fairfax County sheriff election....go back and finish 8th grade social studies.

Posted by: thank you ()
Date: May 18, 2013 01:03PM

Well said Bill Adulterer...finally some common sense!!

Posted by: TomatoHeads ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:17PM

Let the games begin

Posted by: a deputy ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:06PM

Sheriff Stan Barry will retire in July 2013, even though his elected term was supposed to go until 2015. What's up?

Posted by: laughing my A OFF ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:53PM

As I said hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah-wait fart-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!But here's the good part my fellow phantom fans- the Repubs aren't going to waste a lot of money into a special election this year for Sheriff when they want to pump resources into brother Ken C's Govenor race, especially after they screwed up and nominated their extreme candidate for Lt Gov. Bad move by Repubs..Ken C will still win statewide but lose Fairfax and no coat tails down ticket..and it will energize the Fairfax Dems to come out in droves, which helps the new Sheriff-this guy named Sites,in his special election.Could that be behind the timing of Barry's announced retirement? Nah,he would never do that-it is all about the family right?

Posted by: you are correct sir ()
Date: May 25, 2013 09:03PM

Laughing my A off is right- how ironic a few days after the Republican convention in Richmond, where this controversial Lt Gov nominee named Jackson is made official, Barry announces his retirement. Pete Snyder would have been a better pick for the Repubs. This guy Jackson will help drive up the Dems in Fairfax, which is majority Democratic. I do think Cooch will win the Commonwealth however.

Posted by: FFX CNTY ()
Date: May 27, 2013 12:48PM

Sites is going to be an outstanding sheriff. Not just until 2015, but for years to come.

Posted by: No Dog In This Fight ()
Date: May 27, 2013 04:50PM

Sites has the education,personality and common sense to be a good sheriff. He also has a clean closet and isnt out for revenge.

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: May 28, 2013 12:17AM

The Post says the special election will be on the same day as the governor's election.

Fairfax Dems got real tired of Stan's being a DINO and will be happy to support anyone but Stan's hand picked crown prince.

Stiles has been a democrat for about a minute and a half. It's a flag of convenience for Mark; just as it was for Stan.

If a real Democrat with a law enforcement background wants the job (yeah, lots of them around - not), they can and will beat Stiles for the nomination which will be tantamount to election.

Posted by: Long Timer ()
Date: May 28, 2013 12:49AM

I do think Cooch will win the Commonwealth however.

I know I'll work hard to help him win.

Posted by: Homer ()
Date: May 28, 2013 08:03PM

As long as the next Sheriff is not a drug dealer like Stan Berry was I will vote for them. Back in the day Berry was one of the biggest dope dealers in West Springfield. His daddy kept him our of trouble. A big dumb redneck that I'm even surprise he can even spell. How he ever became the sheriff to begin with I'll never know

Posted by: Hopeful Republican ()
Date: May 29, 2013 12:15PM

I hope Bill Cooper joins the race. He would make a great Sheriff. Voters should have listened to him last time. Everybody knew Barry had plans to retire.

Posted by: Stupidity at it's finest!! ()
Date: May 29, 2013 04:51PM

It's hard to "listen" to anyone who doesn't have the brains or courage to even show up to a single debate numbnuts. And to you Homer, it sure is comical how the "biggest dope dealer in West Springfield & dumb redneck" won re-election three times. What a dipshit you are Cooper!!

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:22PM

Capt. Stacie Kincaid of the Fairfax Sheriff's Dept. announced her candidacy for Sheriff last night. Unlike Stiles, she's actually voted in Democratic primaries and donated to Democratic campaigns.

So Fairfax could have its first female Sheriff!

Sites is toast. Sorry, Stan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 11:06PM by Thomas More.

Posted by: urr uhh urr uhh urr uhh ()
Date: May 31, 2013 12:45PM

urrr uuuuh uuuh uuuuurrrr uhhhhhh thank you Mr. Cooper for your answer to that question. Next question for the candidates please.

Posted by: No Dog In This Fight ()
Date: May 31, 2013 12:58PM

Sites

Masters level education

Serving as 2nd in command and would have been under any sheriff not just Barry

Great personality very professional

Squeeky Clean background

Life Long county resident

Not running over personal vendetta or perceived wrongs against him or because of
ego

Reconizes the duties of a sheriff's office in a county with a police department, no promises of unleashing the MOD SQUAD on the county.

Posted by: For what's right ()
Date: May 31, 2013 06:20PM

I actually know Mark Sites and I will tell you that he is a genuinely good and likeable man. I truly hope that voters have enough common sense to elect Mark who, without question, has the knowledge and the personality to be an outstanding sheriff.

Date: May 31, 2013 08:04PM

As I told you I was always proud of my "deposits" in various locations throughout the ADC. In the day people could take a joke, and Bill Cooper and even Stan the man could find humour in my "sharing". Someone else...tried to get IA involved..sexual harrasment I think it was.Yeah that person was always there for us. Except when backup was needed.And now "they" want to be Sheriff? At least Cooper was hands on and had your back...more to come..

Posted by: Phoenix ()
Date: June 01, 2013 01:22PM

Can anyone clarify whether Col. Sites accepted a change in the rules so he could make position of Major? No question he has what it takes but apparently A LOT of line staff do not respect him for accepting this. If this were true, why risk it? A good leader shouldn't need to accept such favors sine it will happen in due time.

Posted by: Duh1 ()
Date: June 01, 2013 03:22PM

"A LOT" of line staff don't give a crap how he made the position of Major because, quite frankly, his approachable personality and qualifications made him worthy of it. Sites has never let his rank go to his head, he's the same sincere man/worker now as he was when he started. Cooper on the other hand....talk about a guy who "A LOT" of line staff (and people in general) can't stand.

Posted by: Vote for the Phantom ()
Date: June 01, 2013 08:19PM

I say vote for the Phantom! That guy knows how to "spread the wealth"!!

Date: June 01, 2013 09:05PM

I would be honored to be your next Sheriff. I would begin by leaving a "deposit" in every bathroom I could find. I would be sure of course, to eat my traditional "pre launch" meal of burritos,refried beans, guacamole(to help hold it firm) and cheap beer.And of course I would bring an old flashlight along(the 18 inch type) to make sure I met my usual standard.

Posted by: cur!ous ()
Date: June 03, 2013 08:09AM

What’s behind the Cooper revenge/personal vendetta postings? I’ve seen references to this on other boards and was curious.

Posted by: >>> ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:30PM

?

Posted by: what the $#@!& ()
Date: June 09, 2013 10:12PM

Is no one going to speak to Kincaid's history? With her reputation in the department?

Posted by: Joe shmo ()
Date: June 12, 2013 10:51AM

She has a vindictive nature and holds grudges against others in the agency

Posted by: Capt Joe shmo ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:04AM

I'd like to know who DOESN'T have a vindictive nature in the agency. Including the ones running it now.

Posted by: Keeping it real ()
Date: June 14, 2013 12:58PM

Ms. Kincaid has promised how many people positions in her Command Staff IF she wins?

Posted by: Double Oh G ()
Date: June 14, 2013 05:28PM

Is it true that a criminal complaint/charge was "dropped" after a monetary settlement was offered. I thought deputy's swore to uphold the law and not for personal gain.

Posted by: Concerned Staff ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:00AM

Does she even have a clue on how to run the ADC. She has spent more time in the ADC these last two weeks (trying to drum up support) then she has her total career.

Posted by: Concerned staff my ass ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:26PM

I call bullshit. Try not to sound too scared.

Posted by: The Phantom ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:32PM

In these troubled times deciding the next Sheriff I feel it is my responsibility to inform and enlighten.Kincaid? Please...she wanted to write up a guy who was a floater on the 4th floor for responding to an incident on the 3rd floor-saying he was off post. Really? That guy/gal needing backup wouldn't care what floor you came from if you are there to help. Not that that I care for Sites either...he looks like the son I should have aborted..my suggestion is this- buy two 7-11 burritos and add onions and kethup from their condiment bar(should add some heft). Wash it down with a 12 pack of Natural Light, which is a knock off brand of Bud Light and produces amazing "deposits". Finally, to get out the vote, put a "mini me" campaign sign in the "deposit" for all the voting public to see! Nothing spells Dems like a pile of "deposits"...

Posted by: Concerned Lady ()
Date: June 17, 2013 06:28PM

To all Fairfax female voters
Would ANY woman vote for another woman ( anywhere ) that makes a habit of sleeping with other women's husbands?? That is not integrity or honor!

Posted by: Honest Citizen ()
Date: June 17, 2013 10:53PM

People this is what you need to do: On July 23, 2013 at 0630pm you need to come out to Woodson High School in Fairfax and VOTE for
MARK SITES. You won't regret it!

Posted by: Verififier ()
Date: June 18, 2013 11:10AM

Honest Citizen Wrote:
> People this is what you need to do: On July 23,
> 2013 at 0630pm you need to come out to Woodson
> High School in Fairfax and VOTE for
> MARK SITES. You won't regret it!

I don't think that is the actual date. Can you link?

Date: June 18, 2013 11:59AM

Date: June 18, 2013 12:03PM

The elections in July are to select a primary, but there will be another election in Nov.
Make your vote count this July 23 at 0630pm at Woodson High School in Fairfax.

Mark Sites is just what the Sheriff's Office needs. He deeply cares for his troops. See you at Woodson High School on July 23 at 0630pm. Please be there!

Posted by: Cindi Spankadocious ()
Date: June 20, 2013 01:26PM

Concerned Lady Wrote:
> To all Fairfax female voters
> Would ANY woman vote for another woman ( anywhere
> ) that makes a habit of sleeping with other
> women's husbands?? That is not integrity or honor!

Do you have any additional details? That's quite a claim to make if you don't have any proof to back it up.

Posted by: Commonsense ()
Date: June 21, 2013 08:41PM

I happen to know both candidates for the democratic nomination quite well and both are very nice people. The question becomes who is "qualified" and how one defines it. Mark Sites has good credentials - fairfax born and raised, FBI academy graduate, Masters from GMU and achieved the rank of Deputy Chief in only 17 years - of which a few where as a part-time baliff. He is very smart. Stacey Kincaid, long time resident in fairfax, a college degree, 26 plus years of service, heavy involvement in the communit and achieved the rank of Captain. It will come down to whom you 'like' and prefer. Mark is endorsed by the encumbent Sheriff and Stacey is not. Having worked in law enforcement for 20 plus years myself - i would tilt in favor of Stacey. She has earned every year of service in the community and the Sheriff's office, while it is quite transparent that Mark was provided with some great opportunities quite quickly. Experience counts and Stacey would bring that and some fresh perspectives as the first women sheriff in the history of fairfax count.

Posted by: Old school ()
Date: June 21, 2013 09:04PM

Yeah, i agree with common sense. I've been around and know both candidates well. Time for a change. Sites represents status quo and Kincaid brings in a refreshing change. Regardless of the character smear from the ill-informed, July 23rd will usher in a fresh start.

Posted by: Real-And-Honest ()
Date: June 21, 2013 09:48PM

Refreshing change and fresh perspectives? Any new sheriff can bring that, Male or female.

All Kincaid talks about in her campaign is how she will bring opportunities to minorities. This is currently "NOT A PROBLEM" in the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office. The Fairfax County Human Resources can verify that the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office is one of the most diverse agencies. Lt. Col. Sites on the other hand is looking out for the agency as a whole plus he is "Qualified."

I personally do not care for a female sheriff. Kincaid does not have the professionalism or the command presence she should have. All she is good at is socialization with people, if she likes you. When does she work,if she is too busy socializing with people? Or maybe she doesn't. Twenty five plus years with the agency and all she could reached was the rank of Captain. Did something go wrong there?

Posted by: The Phantom ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:04PM

As always it is left to the Phantom to dispense of "the real poop". Kincaid tried to get get someone written up for responding to one floor from the other-4 main to 3 south. If you ever worked in the jail and dealt with her you know this is WRONG. Sites still looks like the son I should have aborted A LONG TIME AGO but in my short dealings with him he treated line staff like they were family and friends. Plus as a SERT guy he has no problem authorizing the use of proper force to deal with a situation. Kincaid must be one bitter person to talk about lack of diversity in the department when currently more than one quarter of the top command staff-Captains and above-are women or minorities.Dig down deeper and it is even better, more female and minority(soon to be majority) supervisors than EVER before.

Posted by: The real Phantom ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:12PM

You stole my thunder and I will pay you back!! Here is the real scoop- Kincaid will screw every person she does not like and Sites will be Ronald Reagan-an amiable tool. Cooper is my man but I have to admit I am homosexual-so I want to have sex with the new Fairfax Sheriff, who will be Coop- damn he is sexy!!!

Posted by: Dep ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:42PM

Phantom, try to stick to the facts ok? Command staff comprises 7 people: 1 sheriff, a white guy, 2 Lt. col's, both white guys and 4 majors, 3 white guys and a white chick. Not very diverse if you care to look at the facts.

Posted by: Upset Stomach ()
Date: June 22, 2013 04:13AM

Command staff is comprised of gossipy old women. Definitely not diverse.

Posted by: Honesly ()
Date: June 22, 2013 11:19PM

This is a pivotal time for the Sheriff's Office. The next sheriff will, most likely, serve in that position for years to come. That being said, the county voters (most of which could care less who the sheriff is) need to take the time to show up and vote for Mark Sites. This will ensure that the votes cast by self-serving and misguided individuals that support Stacey Kincaid (mostly because they feel she'll reward them if elected) will be overwhelmingly washed out. Again, in these crucial times, the agency's stellar and reputable line-staff need a leader that they can trust- one whom will continue to support their deputies in running a strict, disciplined, and well-organized detention center and a safe and secure judicial complex....not someone who will punish them for doing their jobs. I'm not, in the least, impressed with the whole "First Female Fairfax Sheriff" propaganda and nor should any of the voters be (it's only a distraction from her suitability for the position). Use common sense voters, just as you saw through Cooper last time, you must remember that this is about the betterment of the county and the department and, ultimately, a good sheriff knows that the office is more important than themself.

Posted by: The Phantom Lite ()
Date: June 22, 2013 11:57PM

Guys and gals always listen to the Phantom to achieve real "poop". Shout out to Dep who did not mention what I wrote- of the Captains and above-4 Majors and 8 Captains- fully 33 perecent are women or minorities.If you include the top 3 it comes down to 25 percent. When you drill down it is overwhelming- more women and men of color in positions of supervision then ever before in the HISTORY of the Sheriffs office. You can talk crap about Stan Barry and by effect Sites but you can't ignore pure numbers. Fairfax Sheriffs Office is more diverse and there are more supervisors who are women and or people of color than ever before . It seems it would be reverse discrimination to say that a person with many years on the department and rose through the ranks honorably is somehow not qualified. The fact is just like the USA and the Commonwealth, as time progresses and a more diverse population changes the big picture,more and more women and people of color will emerge as leaders of this department.It is happening now and despite what a bitter Captain says it is a wave that cannot be stopped.

Posted by: Dep ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:03PM

@ phantom lite: you are either very naive or a complete ass clown. My guess is the later. Command staff makes all decisions in the Sheriffs Office. All decisions. Command staff is the Sheriff, two Lieutenant Colonels and four Majors. Stan Barry, a white guy, has appointed 7 Lt. Col's during his tenure, all white guys. He has also promoted untold Majors, ALL white guys, with the exception of one white gal. One white gal. You can talk smack all you want but the facts don't support your absurd assumption that "women and men of color" are progressing within the agency.

Posted by: Noooo!! ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:29PM

Please God, if you're listening, not Stacey!!

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: June 23, 2013 08:46PM

Why are you all obsessed with the racial and gender make up of the command staff? The real question is are they qualified and were they the best folks for the job. If so, then there's no reason to complain.

If they aren't, then that's a bigger problem than the lack of diversity.

Posted by: Phantom Lite ()
Date: June 23, 2013 09:23PM

Date: June 23, 2013 08:46PM

Why are you all obsessed with the racial and gender make up of the command staff? The real question is are they qualified and were they the best folks for the job. If so, then there's no reason to complain.

If they aren't, then that's a bigger problem than the lack of diversity.
Could not have said it better...and despite the focus of "Dep"-who is most likely a LT or Captain who feels slighted-on the upper 12 or 15 where either 25 or 33 percent are women or people of color depending on HIS definition,the fact is more women and people of all walks of life are now supervisors. Even better, the same is true for the department as a whole. More diverse then at any time in history.That is the old tried and true divide and conquer strategy and it is a shame.Kincaid must not have much else to run on or otherwise we would have heard it. What exactly would she do differently? The Sheriff's Office is run lean and efficiently and the jail is looked on as a role model from other jurisdictions,and is nationally accredited. What would she do differently?

Posted by: Fairfax Voter ()
Date: June 25, 2013 08:13PM

Why did Stan Barry retire so quickly? Media reports "personal reasons" but there has got to be more to it than that?

Posted by: Muslim Inmate ()
Date: June 25, 2013 08:43PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Why are you all obsessed with the racial and gender make up of the command staff? The real question is are they qualified and were they the best folks for the job. If so, then there's no reason to complain.<
>
> If they aren't, then that's a bigger problem than the lack of diversity.<

When a law enforcement agency does not look like the community it serves, minorities of all kinds tend suffer from discriminatory treatment. Just ask Skip Gates, Rodney King or the hundreds charged with offenses like "DWB" or "DWH."

And you know better, Brian.

Posted by: Tonto ()
Date: June 25, 2013 08:51PM

Phantom Lite Wrote:
> Could not have said it better...and despite the
> focus of "Dep"-who is most likely a LT or Captain
> who feels slighted-on the upper 12 or 15 where either 25 or 33 percent are women or people of color depending on HIS definition,the fact is more women and people of all walks of life are now supervisors. Even better, the same is true for the department as a whole.<

Really?

How many Hispanics in the force? In the command structure?

How many of each from the Middle East?

How many of each from East Asia?

Diversity in FFX in 2013 means more than African-american versus redneck.

>More diverse then at any time in history.<

Given Fairfax's racist history, that's not saying very much.

Posted by: Michael DeBakey ()
Date: June 25, 2013 08:58PM

Fairfax Voter Wrote:
> Why did Stan Barry retire so quickly? Media reports "personal reasons" but there has got to be more to it than that?<

Serious heart problems.

Date: June 25, 2013 09:21PM

Muslim Inmate Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why are you all obsessed with the racial and
> gender make up of the command staff? The real
> question is are they qualified and were they the
> best folks for the job. If so, then there's no
> reason to complain.<
> >
> > If they aren't, then that's a bigger problem
> than the lack of diversity.<
>
> When a law enforcement agency does not look like
> the community it serves, minorities of all kinds
> tend suffer from discriminatory treatment. Just
> ask Skip Gates, Rodney King or the hundreds
> charged with offenses like "DWB" or "DWH."
>
> And you know better, Brian.

If the Sheriff's office was charged with policing, then I might agree with you. But it isn't. And I haven't heard any complaints of racial discrimination impacting the ADC, the courts or the service of process.

The only way we are going to get to a color blind society is if we stop focusing solely on race. I want the best people for the job. As long as that's the sole criteria, it doesn't matter how that shakes out.

Posted by: Dem ()
Date: June 25, 2013 09:41PM

Two years ago Kincaid and her "crew" we're all behind Stan the man. Now all of a sudden there is a diversity issue. Really, sounds like disgruntled group of "captains" that didn't get promoted to me.

Date: June 25, 2013 09:59PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Muslim Inmate Wrote:
> -----
> > BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why are you all obsessed with the racial and
> > gender make up of the command staff? The real
> > question is are they qualified and were they
> the
> > best folks for the job. If so, then there's no
> > reason to complain.<
> > >
> > > If they aren't, then that's a bigger problem
> > than the lack of diversity.<
> >
> > When a law enforcement agency does not look
> like
> > the community it serves, minorities of all
> kinds
> > tend suffer from discriminatory treatment.
> Just
> > ask Skip Gates, Rodney King or the hundreds
> > charged with offenses like "DWB" or "DWH."
> >
> > And you know better, Brian.
>
> If the Sheriff's office was charged with policing, then I might agree with you. But it isn't. And I haven't heard any complaints of racial discrimination impacting the ADC, the courts or the service of process.
>
> The only way we are going to get to a color blind society is if we stop focusing solely on race. I want the best people for the job. As long as that's the sole criteria, it doesn't matter how that shakes out.<

Watch the good ol' boys abusing the minorities the next time you in court. Ask an inmate or someone being evicted.

The only way we get a just society is when all of our institutions look like the populations they serve.

It's a cake job not neurosugery. 90% of the adult population could adequately perform all of the deputies' functions, therefore, "best person" is any person. Kind of like being an election officer.

Date: June 25, 2013 10:04PM

Muslim Inmate Wrote:

> Watch the good ol' boys abusing the minorities the
> next time you in court. Ask an inmate or someone
> being evicted.
>
> The only way we get a just society is when all of
> our institutions look like the populations they
> serve.
>
> It's a cake job not neurosugery. 90% of the adult
> population could adequately perform all of the
> deputies' functions, therefore, "best person" is
> any person. Kind of like being an election
> officer.

Being a deputy, sure. But the complaints in this thread aren't talking about the agency as a whole, they're talking about the command ranks. Getting to that rank requires some management ability. When it comes to making those decisions, there are plenty of criteria in determining the best person for the job, and race shouldn't be one of them.

Bad management is worse than a lack of diversity.

Date: June 25, 2013 10:36PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Being a deputy, sure. But the complaints in this thread aren't talking about the agency as a whole, they're talking about the command ranks. Getting to that rank requires some management ability. When it comes to making those decisions, there are plenty of criteria in determining the best person for the job, and race shouldn't be one of them.<
>
> Bad management is worse than a lack of diversity.<

No, we're talking about both. And there's no diversity in the command structure. It's all white boys.

A lack of diversity is bad management.

Date: June 28, 2013 09:59PM

No, we're talking about both. And there's no diversity in the command structure. It's all white boys.
I guess it is okay to call white men "boys". Good job.
Again the facts-of 15 positions with the rank of Captain or above nearly 30 percent are women or people of color.1st LT or below is even more, especially with 2LTS and SGTs, which is normal as the department as a whole becomes more diverse-which it is. The race baiting by supporters of Captain Stacie Kincaid and she herself are shameful. If it was so bad, why did she support Sheriff Stan Barry for re-election time and time again? In fact last election she had several posts on his FB page(which I saved) extolling him and his way of running the Sheriffs Office.Suddenly she annonuces on her web site that the Sheriffs Office is slow to respond to the changing face of Fairfax County? Who are you kidding? Walk through the jail and on any floor/post you see people of all walks of life,to include race,sexual orientation,and religion.Shame, shame, shame. What a way to start your political career.

Date: June 28, 2013 10:05PM

If the forced looked like the County more than 50% of the deputies would be female and a significant percentage would be hispanic; and another fraction would be East Asian; and another fraction would be from the Middle East.

But the Phantom thinks that adding these categories together and coming up with 30% is enough progress.

Just too sad. Too very sad to take seriously.

Date: June 28, 2013 10:16PM

Date: June 28, 2013 10:05PM

If the forced looked like the County more than 50% of the deputies would be female and a significant percentage would be hispanic; and another fraction would be East Asian; and another fraction would be from the Middle East.

But the Phantom thinks that adding these categories together and coming up with 30% is enough progress.

Just too sad. Too very sad to take seriously.

What is too sad is your mistakes in writing-I am Phantom Lite not the Phantom.And it is a force-not forced-and actually a Department you dumbass..and you must be a far left nut who counts numbers. The race baiting continues...can anyone say if the Fairfax County Sheriffs Office has been accused of being a race hating department? Just saying...

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:30AM

Muslim Inmate Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > Being a deputy, sure. But the complaints in this
> thread aren't talking about the agency as a whole,
> they're talking about the command ranks. Getting
> to that rank requires some management ability.
> When it comes to making those decisions, there are
> plenty of criteria in determining the best person
> for the job, and race shouldn't be one of them.<
> >
> > Bad management is worse than a lack of
> diversity.<
>
>
> No, we're talking about both. And there's no
> diversity in the command structure. It's all
> white boys.
>
> A lack of diversity is bad management.

Please explain. Really, please do. Because I would have sworn that we want the most qualified, least corrupt individuals in those positions. But apparently to some people, actually a lot of people, it's percentage of mellanin in the skin, then also gender expression.

So, to help you out and make this go a lot quicker, please fill in the appropriate percentage you think the force needs in order to fulfill it's mission properly.

Male--
White:
Black:
Hispanic:
East Asian:
West/Southern Asian:
Mixed Race:

Female--
White:
Black:
Hispanic:
East Asian:
West/Southern Asian:
Mixed Race:

Please be sure that the percentages add up to over 100% so we can bust the budget and have Super Sharon come demanding more money.

Oh, and bonus if you can fit in LGBT and foreign-born percentages, too.

Posted by: Being Honest ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:37PM

Guard the jail, the courtrooms, perform evictions and serve subpoenas. Other than that, the voters and I for that matter, don't really give a shit who the Sheriff is. As long as the guy/gal doesn't play games with the budget, or has the deputies out there writing speeding tickets, really no one cares.

Make too much of a bitch and you can all be replaced with correction officers (most modern area have them), process servers and retired cops. Now, please get back to counting the disposable razors. PS. poop is brown.

Posted by: QUESTION 1 ()
Date: July 01, 2013 08:42PM

Anyone know the reason Stan Berry left. Was there another reason other than retirement????????????

Posted by: Insider ()
Date: July 01, 2013 10:34PM

Stan Barry retired from county service in 2009. He signed a DROP agreement that he had no intentions of honoring. He scammed the county out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and won re-election. He re-entered the retirement system and will walk away with an insane retirement package for life. His hand picked successor is attempting to repeat this plunder.

Posted by: You're no insider ()
Date: July 02, 2013 08:59AM

You're no INSIDER!Mark is not even Near retirement. Nice try Stacey's camp!

Posted by: Insider ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:31PM

Silly, silly rookie!

Posted by: Yep ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:45PM

Guard the jail, the courtrooms, perform evictions and serve subpoenas. Other than that, the voters and I for that matter, don't really give a shit who the Sheriff is. As long as the guy/gal doesn't play games with the budget, or has the deputies out there writing speeding tickets, really no one cares.

Make too much of a bitch and you can all be replaced with correction officers (most modern area have them), process servers and retired cops. Now, please get back to counting the disposable razors. PS. poop is brown.

The deputies already write tickets, who cares not rocket science to stop and harass people and write tickets. I will disagree about hiring COs. All you need to do is look across the river not very professional over there. Just ask the police officers in MD how well that works out. Most officers do all the booking, property, etc. because DOC not deputies are in the local jails. Their time off the streets compared to VA is at least double after an arrest. Prince William County COs make the same as police officers and deputies in that county. You can't just fire all the deputies and hire CO's and pay them 30K a year. The County would pay more in lawsuits than deputy salary in the long run. I will agree with one point though; poop is brown.

Posted by: Agent Smith ()
Date: July 04, 2013 09:35AM

I'd like to run IP address to see how many Deputy's are posting from work. Maybe Friedman should do this?

Posted by: We Need ()
Date: July 04, 2013 09:42AM

A negro sheriff. They make good sheriffs.

Date: July 04, 2013 09:42AM

The next Sheriff choice should be based on who has contributed more to the community and Agency. If you look at those two items, there is only one choice and that would be Stacy.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I retired a long time ago. Don't fool yourselves brothers and sisters. Make the right choice in your support or suffer at the hands of another Mr. Coffee.

Date: July 04, 2013 09:59AM

Mr. Coffee for those that do not know.
Attachments:
Mr. Coffee.jpg

Posted by: Union's a joke ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:55PM

Mr. Kevin Pitmann only went to Ms. Stacey kincaid's meet and greet! The union has a few people vote for its members. This union is a scam with back alley deals!This would only be valid if all members could vote!

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:57PM

So you are saying he did not go to Mark Sites meet and greet? That's odd...

Posted by: Union's a joke ()
Date: July 04, 2013 02:59PM

Yes, Mr .Pittman did NOT go to Mr.Sites!

Date: July 04, 2013 03:10PM

Happy 4th of July fans of the Phantom! I treasure some of the July 4th's I once spent in the ADC- leaving my patriotic "deposits" for all to stare at in awe..my usual pre-July 4th meal would usually be several 7-11 hot dogs loaded with their condiments which sat all day, to include onions, as well as their hard boiled eggs which may or may not have passed their expiration date. Wash it down with cheap beer and add some food coloring(red,white,and blue) to liven things up, and you had quite a sight to behold.
Of course another sight to behold is how Bill Cooper was excluded from the vetting process for endorsement by the FDSC... gotta love how they would not wait until he knew he was the official Republican nominee.Think this was rigged? Nah...

Date: July 04, 2013 05:47PM

OK RS, enough on how you made deposits. Mabey if Debbie Curry had found you in the womens bathroom, you would have been fired and could spare all of us on what you did 20+ years ago.

LOSER........

Posted by: Disgusted ()
Date: July 04, 2013 08:32PM

I am a member of the union and I am thoroughly disgusted by Kevin Pittman's endorsement of Kincaid. Obviously Kevin has no backbone and SEIU now is calling the shots. Sheriff Sites had committed to working on pay parity with the union and what does the union do - shove his good will up his ass. If Stacey wins she will decorate her office for a month and her boyfriends Kevin A's as well. So much for pay parity. As of next week the union will no longer get a payroll deduction form me. I thought they were working for the best interest of the employees not Kevin Pittman's personal interests.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.