HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
does Fairfax County govt or any other organization keep track of how many unmarried 17-year-old girls become pregnant but don't get abortions per year?
Posted by: Brenda ()
Date: September 02, 2008 06:43PM

does Fairfax County govt or any other organization keep track of how many unmarried 17-year-old girls become pregnant but don't get abortions per year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does Fairfax County govt or any other organization keep track of how many unmarried 17-year-old girls become pregnant but don't get abortions per year?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:04PM

Sounds like they should... it is obviously a very important issue. In small towns, that is... not population 1+ million counties lol.

Re: does Fairfax County govt or any other organization keep track of how many unmarried 17-year-old girls become pregnant but don't get abortions per year?
Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:11PM

Does our county still have a bigger population than the entire state of montana?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:30PM

Brenda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does Fairfax County govt or any other organization
> keep track of how many unmarried 17-year-old girls
> become pregnant but don't get abortions per year?

yes they do. They actually pass out questionaires in front of family clinics and family planning centers. I have seen it. It reads
1) Are you a 17 years old, single and knocked up?
1a. Do you plan on keeping the baby?
1b. Do you think others should also have the rights described in question 1a, or are you just special?
2) Is your Baby Daddy a Redneck?
3) Does your Baby Daddy own a suit?
4) Is there a history of naming people after popular brands or Eastern Liberal Cities on either the fathers or the mothers side of the family?
5) Does your mom own a shotghun?
6) If the answer to question Five was yes, do your parents plan on using the shotgun for any specific purpose in the immediate future?

Come to think of it, the questionair was quite prophetic.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:39PM

Awakened Wrote:
>>> Does our county still have a bigger population than the entire state of montana?

FFX county has more people than Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, and Wyoming.

We're bigger than U.S. Steel!

Posted by: Clogger ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:45PM

The father has already said he wants nothing to do with the kid

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:59PM

Additional question

If you are going to be a teenage bride soon to an immature young man that swears a lot, and your parents are OK with it, Do you believe your parents hate you more than you hate them? ?

Posted by: Brenda ()
Date: September 02, 2008 08:38PM

Unmarried, pregnant 17-year-old girls have absolutely nothing to worry/fear,
assuming her parents are republicans or democrats.

Republican parents: "honey, we're so happy, just get the boy to marry you and
we'll live happily ever after"

Democrat parents: "honey, dont' worry, you have the consitutuional right to
make your own choice"

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 02, 2008 09:37PM

Brenda Wrote:
> Unmarried, pregnant 17-year-old girls have
> absolutely nothing to worry/fear,
> assuming her parents are republicans or
> democrats.
>
> Republican parents: "honey, we're so happy, just
> get the boy to marry you and
> we'll live happily ever after"
>
> Democrat parents: "honey, dont' worry, you have
> the consitutuional right to
> make your own choice"

Republican mothers who are Governors; so what if the boy calls himself a "redneck" that will "kick your ass" if you even look at him funny, he knocked you up so you have to marry him. Forget adoption, it doesn't apply here; we are White, for God's sake. And once you marry him, by law you can no longer be on our health insurance plan.

Good luck!

Now, how do we get books banned from the library, again?

It is clear Governor Palin hates her daughter.

This "shotgun wedding"marriage is doomed. Let us all pray she gets out with minimal physical and emotional damage.

Posted by: Melinda_C ()
Date: September 02, 2008 10:07PM

I feel sorry for this "redneck" boy who knocked up Palin's daughter.

He's really in a pickle now... just imagine what will happen if he
declines to marry Palin's daughter...

I mean, Alaska is a pretty huge state to hide a body, right?

FUNdamental Wrote:
> It is clear Governor Palin hates her daughter.
>
> This "shotgun wedding"marriage is doomed. Let us
> all pray she gets out with minimal physical and
> emotional damage.

Date: September 02, 2008 11:26PM

Brenda Wrote:
> Unmarried, pregnant 17-year-old girls have
> absolutely nothing to worry/fear,
> assuming her parents are republicans or
> democrats.
>
> Republican parents: "honey, we're so happy, just
> get the boy to marry you and
> we'll live happily ever after"
>
> Democrat parents: "honey, dont' worry, you have
> the consitutuional right to
> make your own choice"

Where the hell did this come from? An anonymous poster bringing up rubbish - so unusual for FXU

"Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned.We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.â€

Evidently, Bristol made a decission - that would mean there was a choice of at least two scenarios. I am just glad both scenarios are safe and legal.

And what is the ration of a 17 year old girl and a reneck hockey players marriage lasting? Even without the stress of a presidential campaign or white house appointment?

Date: September 03, 2008 08:31AM

I'm not joking when I say this and I hope it isn't taken that way but it is so funny reading this. I have extended family that live in small towns in a couple of states and teenagers getting knocked up is common... not extraordinary at all. Palin comes from a small town structure even though she is a governor of a state. Alaska is very small-townish across the state... think of it, it has 2/3 the population of Fairfax County but has the land mass of California plus Texas.

I'm not defending the practice... it is just funny to see how people here react to that kind of thing like it's shocking or something. And you don't have to drive very far to get out of NoVA and into communities where this would be common, like 45 minutes in any westerly or southerly direction.

Date: September 03, 2008 03:17PM

Dont fall into the trap of blaming everybody and the media. Except for a few left wing blogs, the MSM did not report the story until it was released by the McCain camp. Remember that. No left wing radio host went after her daughter - and still none have to my knowledge. But again, Michelle Obama and Obama's kids have been fair game for the Hannity's and Limbaugh's of the world.

Date: September 03, 2008 03:54PM

I guess so... I just wouldn't know. I don't listen to Limbaugh and I don't watch Fox news so I didn't see any of that. Yet everywhere I turn I see something about small town hick 'n' gun girl or knocked up daughter. I can't seem to escape it.

At least Michelle Obama was criticized for verbal gaffes at public speeches and events, and one's own actions are certainly fair game. Not sure about the family crap though. I'm sure Obama and Biden doesn't want right-winged paparazzi hounding their families for pictures and info but that would seem to be turnabout.

But my point is more toward the NoVA and big-city outrage about the concept of a pregnant 17-year-old, like that's an abnormal thing. That's the norm everywhere else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2008 03:55PM by pgens.

Posted by: data for FC ()
Date: September 03, 2008 05:13PM

At the VA Dept of Health website they have teenage pregnancy data-the most recent year is 2006.

There were 848 teenage pregnancies broken down by age:

13 under age 15
260 ages 15-17
575 ages 18-19

I guess you could assume all were unmarried at the time of conception.

614 were live births
215 were induced terminations
19 were natural fetal deaths

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: September 03, 2008 11:14PM

Where you would have to go to harass Biden's family:
Attachments:
graveyard.jpg

Posted by: never have guessed ()
Date: September 05, 2008 04:30PM

data for FC Wrote:
> At the VA Dept of Health website they have teenage
> pregnancy data-the most recent year is 2006.
>
>
> There were 848 teenage pregnancies broken down by
> age:
>
> 13 under age 15
> 260 ages 15-17
> 575 ages 18-19
>
> I guess you could assume all were unmarried at the
> time of conception.
>
> 614 were live births
> 215 were induced terminations
> 19 were natural fetal deaths

So out of 848 teen pregnancies only 215 had abortions? About 25%.

I would have thought it would have been higher. I guess the pro life movement is making a difference in encouraging these kids to have their babies.

It is odd how these teen moms feel they can afford the costs of a baby.Maybe we are enabling these girls by making it financial possible to have kids-is that a good thing or bad?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.