HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
National Center for Missing &Exploited Children in Alexandria busy after Cleveland case
Posted by: Elliott Ness ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:07AM

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children busy after Cleveland case
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05/national-center-for-missing-and-exploited-children-busy-after-cleveland-case-88486.html#ixzz2ShpnQkmw

At the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria Tuesday, the phone rang constantly. Family members of missing children looking for an update, hoping their cases may also end like Ohio.

The center played a vital role in the search for the missing Ohio girls.
Forensic artist Steve Loftin personally created the age enhanced photo of Gina DeJesus a few years ago.

The updated poster of Amanda Berry was completed here just a few weeks ago.
Officials at the center are now entering a new phase, helping the victims on the long road to recovery. They have several teams already dispatched to Cleveland to meet with the women and their families.

“Every family heals in their unique way,” Jennifer Eakin, a case manager, said. “It's a very personal and very private process. It’s very helpful, or it has been told to be very helpful to have families who have gone through the same thing.”

Ironically, the center on Tuesday plans to honor one of its success stories.
Jaycee Dugard was kidnapped and held hostage for 18 years. Dugard released a statement saying the Ohio incident proves the human spirit is incredibly resilient more than ever this reaffirms we should never give up hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: National Center for Missing &Exploited Children in Alexandria busy after Cleveland case
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:19AM

"The center played a vital role in the search for the missing Ohio girls"

WTF? Seriously? The girl escaped, morons. This "center" had nothing to do with anything, and had no impact whatsoever. Time to shut this POS down...

Re: National Center for Missing &Exploited Children in Alexandria busy after Cleveland case
Posted by: Missing in Action ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:33AM

That’s a very good point. I’m curious to know how many tips came into their call center and that were either not followed-up on or investigated. Did you hear on the news this morning? Apparently the neighbors have reported issues there for years to the police. (Naked woman crawling on the ground, banging noises on the doors from inside, etc.) Each time the police came out, never did they enter the house to investigate. That’s piss poor sheer laziness. I’m so glad I live in this county, the cops here get a lot of grief but at least they show up and investigate, and usually make an arrest.

Posted by: HOA ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:39AM

Missing in Action Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That’s a very good point. I’m curious to know
> how many tips came into their call center and that
> were either not followed-up on or investigated.
> Did you hear on the news this morning? Apparently
> the neighbors have reported issues there for years
> to the police. (Naked woman crawling on the
> ground, banging noises on the doors from inside,
> etc.) Each time the police came out, never did
> they enter the house to investigate. That’s piss
> poor sheer laziness. I’m so glad I live in this
> county, the cops here get a lot of grief but at
> least they show up and investigate, and usually
> make an arrest.

Yep, check this out:

Cleveland police facing questions in rescue of missing women Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, Michelle Knight (with videos)
http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2013/05/07/news/doc51896a4e41e8b596300180.txt

Posted by: HOA ()
Date: May 08, 2013 09:42AM

And I just found this:

Amanda Berry: Three captive women chained up in grim dungeon for a decade gave birth to five babies
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/amanda-berry-three-captive-women-1875026

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.