HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Westfield High to Host Panel on 'College Drinking Culture'
Posted by: United Prevention Coalition ()
Date: May 08, 2013 07:19AM

Westfield High to Host Panel on 'College Drinking Culture'
The United Prevention Coalition of Fairfax County invites parents, college-bound teenagers and concerned residents to attend.
http://centreville.patch.com/articles/westfield-high-to-host-panel-on-college-drinking-culture

Local law enforcement, the father of a student who died after drinking at college party, and university students will be on hand at Westfield High School May 16 to combat the "college drinking culture."

The event, "The Perils of the College Drinking Culture," starts at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. The speakers include Jeff Levy, whose son died after drinking at a college party, Commonwealth's Attorney Raymond Morrough, Dr. William Hauda of INova Fairfax Hospital, Fairfax Police Captain Bruce Ferguson and others.

The United Prevention Coalition of Fairfax County will host the event. UPC will also show "Haze," an award-winning film about a college student who died after a night of binge drinking.

For more information, call 703-246-3271.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Westfield High to Host Panel on 'College Drinking Culture'
Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: May 08, 2013 07:54AM

I know, I know - let's raise the "drinking age" to 60! That'll show 'em. Better yet, let the modern era Puritains get their prohibition on (exept for their own bottles of plonk)...
That worked out well.

Lower the age back to 18. Remove the "mystery" and you'll "solve" the problem.

Re: Westfield High to Host Panel on 'College Drinking Culture'
Posted by: HOA ()
Date: May 08, 2013 08:19AM

Jess1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Lower the age back to 18. Remove the "mystery" and
> you'll "solve" the problem.

I think you're right. Once I turned 21 I stopped drinking. The "fun" and "thrill" of it was gone.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.