HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DogFish Head coming to Greenbriar
Posted by: SRE ()
Date: August 31, 2008 09:56PM

DogFish Head has started work in the old Beacon Street (and sweethearts) location.

They are planing on returning the bar to the center area (good move). Non-smoking (also a good move). Music on occasion. (no Meade!)

I have been to one in Delaware, and I think this will be a nice addition to the Greenbriar shopping center.

Hopeful opening in late winter or early spring!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DogFish Head coming to Greenbriar
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 31, 2008 10:20PM

Had a 90 Minute IPA at a picnic this evening- their beer is a real treat. This place is truly something to look forward to.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 01, 2008 07:33PM

Is this like manbearpig?

Will there be pudding wrestling?
http://www.dogfish.com/tangents/video/wrestling.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 07:35PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Beery ()
Date: September 01, 2008 09:36PM

The one in Seven Corners gets a thumbsup from me. Crap location, but can't argue with the beer.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen ()
Date: September 12, 2008 11:14AM

SRE - who's your source that confirmed this? I'm a stone's throw from that shopping center...would be GREAT if a reputable brewpub made it's way out here.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: September 13, 2008 11:20PM

Best I can give you is a few hours I spent in the Wing Factory with the GM of the Falls Church location. Sounded to me like they knew what they were doing, and that all of the leasing, licensing, permits, etc. were moving along without undo problems.

Oh yea, and that Regency Centers lists them as being in that space on their location directory: http://www.regencycenters.com/properties/property_detail.php?propertyIndexId=90090 look in space number 39.

Posted by: Appreciative Citizen ()
Date: September 17, 2008 06:35PM

I'm dusting off my 22oz snifter as we speak...

Thanks SRE.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 17, 2008 07:25PM

I was at the one in Rehobeth last week for the Fleshtones/Christian Angels show. (Great show by the way) The place had a very reasonable cover, $8, for a national act. The stage was tiny, but the waitstaff was attentive. The place was clean and the audience was good mixture of college kids, senior citizens and everything in between.

It was non smoking, but those who smoked could enter and leave via a wristband.

The only complaint - since I dont drink - was I ordered my wife a glass of white wine and they only had two types to choose from. When I ordered sparkling water for myself the bartender got confused. I then asked for "water with gas" which confused him more. Once I said "Uh club soda" he got it.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 17, 2008 08:42PM

Radiophile Wrote:
>> the Fleshtones

The Fleshtones are great live. I saw them in Baltimore a few years ago and we hung out with Pete Zaremba for a couple hours after their set while the next band played. That dude can talk your ear off. Nice guy, though.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.