HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why do NOVA people want to be like Yankees?
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: May 13, 2007 12:52PM

This has probably been discussed before, but many people I know from northern virginia want nothing to do with virginia- when they live there. They have little idea too, that northern virginia was a very southern area just like the rest of VA and people were polite and had good manners.

But most of the people up there are obsessed with money- tend to be rude and course in their manners, and say "you guys" (when its female), and its even harder to get sweet tea in the restaurants.

I realize these are harsh generalizations, and Im sure there are many nice people in northern virginia. I just wonder why y'all think you're northerners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do NOVA people want to be like Yankees?
Posted by: Lolma ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:13PM

the south will rise again buddy.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:15PM

i think you can get sweet tea at mcdonalds... what about liptons, they make it too..

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: May 13, 2007 01:34PM

I am proud to be a resident of this area. And yes the South will rise again, and we will have another civil war again, the kkk will be back, bush will be dead, rednecks will be shot, and life will be good. 8-)

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: May 13, 2007 02:40PM

I have no desire to be a yankee. I do enjoy the slower pace of life we have here, and the manners, etc. are much better in the south.

Being from this area, I do not appreciate many of the changes brought in from other areas however, I am tolerant of most and ignore the rest.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: May 13, 2007 02:42PM

I consider this the south (though I am from California until about two years ago). Yes nova is much more material than the rest of the state but that is because of the income distribution and education level is so much higher here than the rest of the state mainly from government contracting being so close to DC. Most of NOVA residents are from out of state too that come here for the good economy (like myself). More favorable business laws and taxes place most of the defense/gov contractors in Virginia as opposed to Maryland. It is interesting though if you go just an hour or so south the difference you see in the homes and more people even start to talk with a drawl. I have had little problem getting sweet tea in Fairfax, and calling a group of girls you guys is common practice in CA, I didn't know it was derogatory.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: May 13, 2007 07:17PM

What makes you assume that the attitude in Northern Virginia has any relation to wanting to "be like Yankees." First of all, I find the term "Yankee" antiquated. I grew up in PA, so I guess I could technically be a "Yankee" but I definitely never labeled myself as such. I mean for 's sake, it is 2007!

Second, I would argue that the qualities you are associating with Northern Virginia cannot be used to describe all of the "Yankee" states. In fact, the average Northern Virginian is ruder, more obsessed with money, and less laid back than pretty much every "northerner" I've ever met.

About a month ago I was walking around downtown Boston. Granted, the red sox had just won a game, but there actually seemed to be a positive vibe on the streets. Nothing like DC at the end of a long work day.

Wake up and smell the coffee - the civil war is over. Northern Virginians are the way they are because of the proximity to DC (driven politicians, government jobs, lobbyists), the large number of corporate headquarters/businesses, the terrible traffic, long commutes, a certain lack of community due to an influx of inhabitants (and little free time) and the high cost of living.

Posted by: Reppin703 ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:07PM

There are enough hicks here as it is, we dont need anymore.

Date: May 13, 2007 10:35PM

Reppin703 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are enough hicks here as it is, we dont need
> anymore.

My idea of southern might be different from yours. Country isn't southern. There are plenty of hicks in upstate New York or western Mass.

I'm talking aboot Southern. That laid back attitude. The hospitality. The genteelity of the old South. Its very much alive still in Richmond. In northern virginia its barely breathing.

I am also not intolerant of other people because I realize people are from all over and I have met so many nice people from many countries even. But from what Ive heard a lot of people in northern virginia seem to want to disassociate themselves from the rest of Virginia.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:53PM

i grew up in philly, know many people from Ohio and grew up on Highly sugary tea. A more down to earth people you will not find. The south is full of people who are "nice and generous" but will stab you in the back at the slightest offense. Southerners use their so called charm as a thin veneer of gentility covering up deeply held prejudices. Take it from a yankee I'd rather be in the North where people are direct and dont hide behind a thin smile and sneer at you after you leave

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:24PM

I grew up in a small town north of Philly, and the people there are just as nice as any small town I've visited in the south. No one in my hometown ever talked about being a "Yankee", that's just an old, and inaccurate, stereotype. I agree that NoVA seems to identify alot more with East Coast city culture than it does with southern culture, but I've been to plenty of southern cities where it doesn't seem much different. Urban areas attract "money obsessed" people, no matter where you are.

BTW, I ate lunch at Famous Dave's in Oakton today, and the server immediately offered us Sweet Tea, so you can definitely still find it around here (lol).

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 14, 2007 01:44AM

to be perfectly honest, it's impossible to explain to someone what NoVA really is, when they have already decided it's some POS place with evil people. it really would take a war before anyone could hope to change another's prejudice.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: May 14, 2007 02:48AM

Hey- I don't hate NOVA . I grew up there !

Nor do I hate the people. I'm just saying what people have told me and from what I remember. The general attitude is that they don't want anything to do with the rest of Virginia. "Im from Northern Virginia. I'm not a Virginian- I'm from DC", etc.

That to me sounds like an definite attitude.

Does it matter? Not really. I'm just curious.

I actually grew up in Loudoun county myself but most of my family is from Richmond so I have 2 perspectives on this really.

Date: May 14, 2007 05:17AM

Robert Wrote:
> I actually grew up in Loudoun county myself but
> most of my family is from Richmond so I have 2
> perspectives on this really.

well that explains a lot as Loudoun has been BFE up until five or so years ago. it seems that growing up in loudoun hardly counts as growing up in NoVA. as for most of your family growing up in richmond, you have to realize you have been insulated by your family quite a bit. like australia loves to say, "if you dont like it here, leave." :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: May 14, 2007 09:43AM

Well Fairfax County is one of the richest counties in the US so talking about money here shouldn't be a surprise. Also there are a lot of Congressman and Senators who live in FFX so polictics also shouldn't be a surprise.

I would say that in general I meet average people, not snobs. Now if I'm hanging out at upscale places in DC, yup there are some snobs, but that's to be expected.

Over the weekend I was at a party and 95% were "southern rednecks who drink beer." A great bunch of people. If you would of called them Yankee's you'd of probably got laughed out of the party.

Personally I'd rather be called a Southerner than a Yankee.

Posted by: Mofo3 ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:04AM

I remember telling some people from New Jersey that I was from Virginia, they asked me where and then replied: "That's not Virginia". As for the term Yankee, it is used mainly internationally as a derogatory term for Americans. In the UK it's "yanks". But to anyone from the US it means a baseball team, at least for me. Indeed "yankees", and "rebels" died out some 150 years ago.

Posted by: FairF4x0r ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:18AM

Reppin703 Wrote:
> There are enough hicks here as it is, we dont need
> anymore.

Don't need what anymore?

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:31AM

Simple answer: Larry the Cable Guy.

It seems these days there is some inverse relationship between being educated and informed, and being "a real American". God forbid we send our kids to school and remove the racist confederate flag from their pickup, and support "all things red" including our dumb fuck president. Maybe it's the red states that keep fucking up this country. You look around Northern Virginia, and aside from the less-than-friendly urban attitude you have a progressive, educated, and hard-working upper-middle class. I hope to fucking god NOVA becomes its own state. Let the tax dollars go to serve the region they come from.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:35PM

The Yanks will win.......again... the world series that is.

Posted by: novawolverine ()
Date: May 14, 2007 12:50PM

Why characterize the large geographical area of the south as all the same? We have a highly urban and fast paced city like DC next to us, B'more is an hour and you can get to Philly and back before you can get to Charlotte. Why don't you go to South Florida and ask them why they don't act southern? The DC Area is located in the mid-atlantic and characteristics of both the northeast and south can be seen here. Things aren't always black or white. Why would a fast paced and stressful metro like DC have nice, laid back people with good hospitality? IMO, Northern Virginia is in the south, but mid-atlantic straddles the north and south and probably describes the area better. You can find lots of northern and southern qualities in this area.

Northern Virginians are what they are, attitudes reflect the lifestyle that we live not the other way around.

Date: May 14, 2007 04:31PM

novawolverine , I think the original submitter's question is "why aren't virginians in northern virginia shit-kickers like the rest of the state?"

Date: May 14, 2007 06:43PM

FairF4x0r Wrote:
> Reppin703 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There are enough hicks here as it is, we dont
> need
> > anymore.
>
> Don't need what anymore?

we dont need you anymore. actually, we never needed you at all.

Date: May 14, 2007 07:19PM

lol gravis telling someone they aren't needed lol

Date: May 14, 2007 07:25PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Well Fairfax County is one of the richest counties
> in the US so talking about money here shouldn't be
> a surprise. Also there are a lot of Congressman
> and Senators who live in FFX so polictics also
> shouldn't be a surprise.
>
> I would say that in general I meet average people,
> not snobs. Now if I'm hanging out at upscale
> places in DC, yup there are some snobs, but that's
> to be expected.
>
> Over the weekend I was at a party and 95% were
> "southern rednecks who drink beer." A great bunch
> of people. If you would of called them Yankee's
> you'd of probably got laughed out of the party.
>
> Personally I'd rather be called a Southerner than
> a Yankee.

Acting "redneck" is not the same as being southern. There are lots of rednecks in Upstate New York and rural Massachusettes. They drink beer and watch Nascar. But are they Southern? NO!

Why are people even lumping this in with being Southern? To me Southern is that laid back friendly attitude- warmth and hospitality and overall genteelity.

People here are saying that Northern VA is hard working and educated. Are they saying that those of us in Central VA are not??

Richmond is a very cosmpolitian city, and Charlottesville still is very southern and charming.

NOVA on the other hand- is not Cosmopolitan at all. They lack culture. Their culture is SUVs, vinyl siding, and Starbucks coffee.

Yes thats a stereotype- but people have submitted several stereotypes here- most of which are totally off the mark.

Date: May 14, 2007 07:29PM

novawolverine Wrote:
> Why characterize the large geographical area of
> the south as all the same? We have a highly urban
> and fast paced city like DC next to us, B'more is
> an hour and you can get to Philly and back before
> you can get to Charlotte. Why don't you go to
> South Florida and ask them why they don't act
> southern? The DC Area is located in the
> mid-atlantic and characteristics of both the
> northeast and south can be seen here. Things
> aren't always black or white. Why would a fast
> paced and stressful metro like DC have nice, laid
> back people with good hospitality? IMO, Northern
> Virginia is in the south, but mid-atlantic
> straddles the north and south and probably
> describes the area better. You can find lots of
> northern and southern qualities in this area.
>
> Northern Virginians are what they are, attitudes
> reflect the lifestyle that we live not the other
> way around.

Yes, from a strict geogaphical standpoint, Northern Virginia is the farthest you can be and still be in Dixie. Still, people from Northern Virginia used to call themselves Virginias. It was just a nicer place 40 years ago and you didn't have that "I'm from Northern Virginia, not Virginia" attitude. People were friendlier, warmer, and more genteel. They are old money Virginians who had connections to the State.

I know this sounds elitist- but how elitist do people from NOVA sound when they say that the rest of VA is just hicks from the sticks. Its so not true!! If you're gonna stereotype, at least make one that has some ring of truth to it !!

Date: May 14, 2007 07:34PM

stinkypoon Wrote:
> Simple answer: Larry the Cable Guy.
>
> It seems these days there is some inverse
> relationship between being educated and informed,
> and being "a real American". God forbid we send
> our kids to school and remove the racist
> confederate flag from their pickup, and support
> "all things red" including our dumb fuck
> president. Maybe it's the red states that keep
> fucking up this country. You look around Northern
> Virginia, and aside from the less-than-friendly
> urban attitude you have a progressive, educated,
> and hard-working upper-middle class. I hope to
> fucking god NOVA becomes its own state. Let the
> tax dollars go to serve the region they come from.

Excuse me, but blue collar has nothing to do with being Southern. There are lots of guy from NJ who drive pick ups and drink beer. They sure aren't Southern.

Do you realize there are class differences?

My point was- actually that Northern Virginia lacks refinement these days.

And NOVA is progressive? Please! If you consider a bland vanilla milk shake world of Starbucks coffee, strip malls, and people who lack manners progressive than thats a minus in my opinion.

Your comment about the Confederate flag being "racist" obviously shows your lack of education.

Date: May 14, 2007 07:51PM

"genteel" "refinement" "old money"

Do I see a theme?

Yes, I do think that Northern Virginia is progressive as compared to the rest of Virginia. As I recall, we don't judge people based on whether or not their great grand-parents were rich or if their house has vinyl siding. We didn't pass the "marriage" amendment. We see ourselves as Americans - not Southerners. We have moved beyond the civil war!

I live in Northern Virginia.

Date: May 14, 2007 08:14PM

we dont need you anymore. actually, we never needed you at all.

Hahaha, lol.

Date: May 14, 2007 08:22PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> "genteel" "refinement" "old money"
>
> Do I see a theme?
>
> Yes, I do think that Northern Virginia is
> progressive as compared to the rest of Virginia.
> As I recall, we don't judge people based on
> whether or not their great grand-parents were rich
> or if their house has vinyl siding. We didn't
> pass the "marriage" amendment. We see ourselves
> as Americans - not Southerners. We have moved
> beyond the civil war!
>
> I live in Northern Virginia.

But places like Richmond and Charlottesville are very cosmopolitan in attitude, without losing their distinctive charm. We have lots of musicians, artists, and interesting people here.

I just find it funny when people describe NOVA as "progressive" when actually its very conventional and conforming to the status quo.

Date: May 14, 2007 08:30PM

It was just a nicer place 40 years ago

I can appreciate your opinion. But I think alot of Americans feel this way, in every part of the country. Head up to the Poconos and ask some of the old-timers how they think their region has changed since 1970. They'll gripe about the same things, except it will be "those damn rich New Yorkers and rude Jersey people", instead of the whole yankee thing you mentioned. It happens all over.

40 years from now we'll probably all be in here bitching about how you can't get a good starbucks anymore. It's human nature.

ADDED:
I just find it funny when people describe NOVA as "progressive" when actually its very conventional and conforming to the status quo

I *totally* agree with you on this point. When we become our own state, NoVa's state motto will be "Status Quo Uber Alles".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2007 08:34PM by TheMeeper.

Date: May 14, 2007 09:13PM

Yes, that makes sense. People here have just confirmed what I was saying in my original post. That residents of Northern Virginia want their own state.

Also- its kind of hard to define what is exactly "northern Virginia". Winchester is in northern Virginia but its not part of NOVA. Its in the Shenandoah Valley Region.

Does Fauquier county count as part of NOVA as well?

If northern virginia becomes another state, I guess the line would be drawn at Fredericksburg.

Its just funny... I'm only and hour and a 1/2 drive away from Fairfax, yet its like another country.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 14, 2007 10:39PM

> Its just funny... I'm only and hour and a 1/2
> drive away from Fairfax, yet its like another
> country.

I say the same thing about west baltimore all the time...

Date: May 15, 2007 01:51AM

Robert,
   im seriously trying to be objective in this post so please read it as such. i have a few points i would like to make.
  1. you have complained about people making stereotypes about the south yet you yourself started this thread about your personal stereotype of people from NoVA and an insulting one at that. did you honestly expect a warm and fuzzy response? intentional or not, you took the approach that was offensive instead of inquisitive.
  2. in all societies there are people who are greedy and NoVA is no exception. this however is not to say we are all greedy people. this area is fast paced as many people are "driven" in that Type A personality kind of way. some very high stress and intense jobs in the general area require these type of people and they pay quite well. however, there is another group of highly skilled people who do specialized jobs that are not for everybody. jobs like this also pay well. we want companies to pay us well because we have worked hard and become valuable to businesses.
  3. i dont think people want to make NoVA a seperate state as much as they dont want their hard earned money to be invested in such a ratio that favors everyone except them. anybody can understand this is a slap in the face and not just greed.
  4. this area is VERY progressive. the schools here have some of the highest test scores in the entire nation. our population is very diverse both ethnically and culturally. many large enterprises started here (AOL anyone?) and many have died here. many people here are quite informed about what is happening in the government and politically active or have valid opinions based on fact and not simply what the media says. sometimes things change for the better sometime for worse but we have always strived to better ourselves and our nation.
  5. i am not sure how you determined that people from NoVA are rude and mean. i get the impression that there was some culture-shock that engrained this thought into you mind. maybe you did/said something that someone misinterpreted as offensive so they returned the favor as it were, again because of culteral differences. another possibility is that you took offense to something we dont think is offensive at all, another culture thing. however, it's completely possible that you met some genuinely rude/mean people. i believe you have judged us with an uninformed thought process.
  6. now for something non-objective... wtf is with the "sweet tea" bit? seriously, just because we dont have your favorite drink we are bad people? apparently many americans do this in other countries as we become known as "rude americans" for expecting other people to have what we like and speak english everywhere. get over it.
i think these are the points other people are trying to make.

FIN!

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:42AM

Robert Wrote:
>
> Does Fauquier county count as part of NOVA as
> well?
>
I bloody well hope not...

Anyway, Gravis' point #3 I believe is the main sticking point between NOVA and the rest of the state. The last numbers I heard (several years ago) were that of every tax dollar NOVA sent to Richmond, only 19 cents were returned - meaning NOVA was subsidizing the rest of the state.

I've always said that if NOVA wants to secede:
- the state seal will be a "Construction Ahead" sign
- the state bird will be a construction crane
- the state flower will be the orange-and-white-striped Construction Barrel
- and the state motto will be "You can't get there from here"

Date: May 15, 2007 11:43AM

Don't let anyone fool you. Richmond is a sweltering cesspool of filth.

Date: May 15, 2007 01:14PM

Considering lots of FFX residents drive in the DC area... here are the results of a survey from Yahoo

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami 2. New York 3. Boston 4. Los Angeles 5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Detroit
14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
15. Baltimore
16. Tampa, Fla.
17. San Diego
18. Cincinnati
19. Cleveland
20. Denver
21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
22. St. Louis
23. Seattle-Tacoma
24. Pittsburgh
25. Portland, Ore

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2007 01:15PM by Lurker..

Date: May 15, 2007 01:24PM

FFx County is a part of the DC area. So any FFx County resident who drives is part of that greater metro area.

I am surprised that the balitmorons are down as low as #15. They should be at #5 instead of us.

Date: May 15, 2007 02:42PM

496 Wrote:
> Don't let anyone fool you. Richmond is a
> sweltering cesspool of filth.

Richmond is a beautiful city full of interesting people.

Date: May 15, 2007 02:45PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Robert,
>    im seriously trying to be
> objective in this post so please read it as such.
> i have a few points i would like to make.
> you have complained about people making
> stereotypes about the south yet you yourself
> started this thread about your personal stereotype
> of people from NoVA and an insulting one at that.
> did you honestly expect a warm and fuzzy response?
> intentional or not, you took the approach that
> was offensive instead of inquisitive.
> in all societies there are people who are greedy
> and NoVA is no exception. this however is not to
> say we are all greedy people. this area is fast
> paced as many people are "driven" in that Type A
> personality kind of way. some very high stress
> and intense jobs in the general area require these
> type of people and they pay quite well. however,
> there is another group of highly skilled people
> who do specialized jobs that are not for
> everybody. jobs like this also pay well. we want
> companies to pay us well because we have worked
> hard and become valuable to businesses.
> i dont think people want to make NoVA a seperate
> state as much as they dont want their hard earned
> money to be invested in such a ratio that favors
> everyone except them. anybody can understand this
> is a slap in the face and not just greed.
> this area is VERY progressive. the schools here
> have some of the highest test scores in the entire
> nation. our population is very diverse both
> ethnically and culturally. many large enterprises
> started here (AOL anyone?) and many have died
> here. many people here are quite informed about
> what is happening in the government and
> politically active or have valid opinions based on
> fact and not simply what the media says.
> sometimes things change for the better sometime
> for worse but we have always strived to better
> ourselves and our nation.
> i am not sure how you determined that people from
> NoVA are rude and mean. i get the impression that
> there was some culture-shock that engrained this
> thought into you mind. maybe you did/said
> something that someone misinterpreted as offensive
> so they returned the favor as it were, again
> because of culteral differences. another
> possibility is that you took offense to something
> we dont think is offensive at all, another culture
> thing. however, it's completely possible that you
> met some genuinely rude/mean people. i believe
> you have judged us with an uninformed thought
> process.
> now for something non-objective... wtf is with the
> "sweet tea" bit? seriously, just because we dont
> have your favorite drink we are bad people?
> apparently many americans do this in other
> countries as we become known as "rude americans"
> for expecting other people to have what we like
> and speak english everywhere. get over it.i think
> these are the points other people are trying to
> make.
>
> FIN!

You're forgetting that I grew up on Northern Virginia and that I'm making it based on my own personal experience as one of the rare native Virginians who lived in the region- and also having lived all my young adult life in Richmond. I can only speak from experience.

Now, if northern virginia wants to be a seperate state, thats fine with me. But I don't think they should go around feeling superior. Virginia as a whole is not perfect, but there's nothing wrong with being from Virginia.

Date: May 15, 2007 03:27PM

There's nothing wrong with having a low IQ or such either, so I think I am getting what you are trying to say.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:23PM

Oh, I wish I was in the land of
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie

LOL...

Date: May 15, 2007 04:46PM

FairF4x0r Wrote:
> There's nothing wrong with having a low IQ or such
> either, so I think I am getting what you are
> trying to say.

Yours or mine? IQ does not measure intelligence either. Its a myth.

Date: May 15, 2007 05:25PM

Okay, let's compare your beloved Richmond to Fairfax County in terms of populations growth/decline over the past few decades.

Population of Fairfax County

1970: 454,275
1980: 596,901
1990: 818, 584
2000: 969,749
2005: 1,041,200

Source

Population of Richmond Virginia

1970: 249,621
1980: 219,214
1990: 203,056
2000: 197,790
2005: 193,777

Source 1

Source 2

I'll let you jump to your own conclusions (mat not included).

Date: May 15, 2007 05:39PM

Robert Wrote:
> FairF4x0r Wrote:
> -----
> > There's nothing wrong with having a low IQ or
> such
> > either, so I think I am getting what you are
> > trying to say.
>
> Yours or mine? IQ does not measure intelligence
> either. Its a myth.

But failure to recognize analogies does.

Date: May 15, 2007 06:42PM

Robert Wrote:
> You're forgetting that I grew up on Northern
> Virginia and that I'm making it based on my own
> personal experience as one of the rare native
> Virginians who lived in the region- and also
> having lived all my young adult life in Richmond.
> I can only speak from experience.

you grew up in the scarely populated Loudoun County, 20 years ago, which until recently was practically farmland. in a pratical sense, you didnt grow up in NoVA. in the same sense, southern california is not part of the deep south just because geographically it's on the southern border of USA.

> Now, if northern virginia wants to be a seperate
> state, thats fine with me. But I don't think they
> should go around feeling superior.

the word hypocrite suddenly comes to mind.

Genevieve Wrote:
> Okay, let's compare your beloved Richmond to
> Fairfax County in terms of populations
> growth/decline over the past few decades.

lol. that was a great post.

Date: May 15, 2007 07:26PM

LOL... Richmond. A couple of years ago it was the murder capital of the US.

Richmond a great place... yeah right, and the pet rock was a great idea!

Date: May 15, 2007 08:28PM

There is no shame in being from Virginia, but there is great shame in being from Richmond.

Date: May 15, 2007 09:08PM

lol... richmond is totally getting a smackdown.

Date: May 15, 2007 10:26PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> There is no shame in being from Virginia, but
> there is great shame in being from Richmond.

You probably know very little about Richmond.

We have great restaurants, museums, hipsters from VCU who keep the place interesting, and lots of southern charm. We have the best looking women around (my mama included). Beautiful tree lined streets with dogwood and magnolias and statues of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.....

People keep talking about the crime- I have lived in the fan for almost 10 years and I've never once been robbed or murdered !

Richmond is Hip.

Date: May 15, 2007 11:15PM

Anyone who says "hip" doesn't know what is "hip" anymore.

Date: May 16, 2007 12:23AM

Robert,
   you have completely destroyed the last of your credibility and any respect your may have had with me. im sorry if our diverse culture offends you but we have moved beyond lynchings and advanced our educations. please return to your not-so-richmond and dont complain about how offensive your warped perception of reality makes us out to be.

Posted by: Rowsdower ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:39AM

Wow, I think this is possibly the most boring thread ever conceived.

Date: May 16, 2007 04:54AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Robert,
>    you have completely destroyed
> the last of your credibility and any respect your
> may have had with me. im sorry if our diverse
> culture offends you but we have moved beyond
> lynchings and advanced our educations. please
> return to your not-so-richmond and dont complain
> about how offensive your warped perception of
> reality makes us out to be.

Richmond has a nice diverse culture without having to worry and fuss over it.
You don't sound all that educated to me. If you were, you would agree with me.

Posted by: Robert's Mom is A Whore ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:59AM

"We have the best looking women around (my mama included)"

My entire soccer team pulled a train on her.
Oh, and BTW, the fan is a fucking shitehole.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: May 16, 2007 09:02AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Anyone who says "hip" doesn't know what is "hip"
> anymore.

The hip bone is connected to the thigh bone...

Posted by: erik ()
Date: May 16, 2007 11:49AM

Jerry Falwell perfectly represented the Virginia that must be explained away as "the other part of the state". His legacy is the end-times mouth breather. You can thank people like him for Virginia's national reputation as a state still grasping Jim Crow and Jesus as its governing principles in 2007.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2007 11:49AM by erik.

Date: May 16, 2007 12:29PM

Virginia does have a very rich history. Especially with Jamestown and Williamsburg. In Fairfax there are also so many places rich with history, Bull Run, Fairfax, etc... It stands to reason that Virginia\FFX county would be some what conservative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2007 12:29PM by Lurker..

Date: May 16, 2007 12:41PM

Robert Wrote:
> Richmond has a nice diverse culture without having
> to worry and fuss over it.

worry and fuss over what? besides, in richmond, you may want to worry about getting murdered. :)

> You don't sound all that educated to me. If you
> were, you would agree with me.

statements of a truly ignorant person. however, you are not the first person to use such logic.

file.php?0,file=642

Date: May 16, 2007 01:55PM

Robert's Mom is A Whore Wrote:
> "We have the best looking women around (my mama
> included)"
>
> My entire soccer team pulled a train on her.
> Oh, and BTW, the fan is a fucking shitehole.

Are you kidding? The fan is the shizzle! All the beautiful row houses with lots of different colors- great restaurants, cool people who aren't hung up about being from Virginia....

Yeah, Ill take the fan any day over plastic vinyl siding, strip malls, and corporate conglomorate coffee shops.

But that being said- I hope no one is offended by my comments. Its just my little 'ol opinion.

Date: May 16, 2007 01:56PM

erik Wrote:
> Jerry Falwell perfectly represented the Virginia
> that must be explained away as "the other part of
> the state". His legacy is the end-times mouth
> breather. You can thank people like him for
> Virginia's national reputation as a state still
> grasping Jim Crow and Jesus as its governing
> principles in 2007.

You mean because Jerry Falwell was a good Christian man who had decency and moral values?

Date: May 16, 2007 02:00PM

For us clueless "non-Richmond" people... What is the fan?

Date: May 16, 2007 02:39PM

Robert Wrote:
> You mean because Jerry Falwell was a good
> Christian man who had decency and moral values?

No. I mean because Falwell was a segregationist and fundamentalist he manifested the outsider perception that Virginia is a 19th century backwater. The same perception that causes northern Virginians to balk at being counted among southern Virginians.

Date: May 16, 2007 04:12PM

erik Wrote:
> No. I mean because Falwell was a segregationist
> and fundamentalist he manifested the outsider
> perception that Virginia is a 19th century
> backwater. The same perception that causes
> northern Virginians to balk at being counted among
> southern Virginians.

I have a couple points of evidence to the fact.

Jerry falwell was not a good christian.. unless you have a very differant view of what it means to be both good and christian..

**On several times he produced fraudulent evidence to further his goals. see Trooper gate or Clinton Chronicles.

** He was investigated by the SEC several times, and not just for the Christian Heritage Foundation either,

**He supported and promoted racism and segragation for many years

"If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision [Brown v. Board of Education] would never have been made…. The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line.” Rev Jerry falwell.

And here are some Good Christian Falwell Quotes to chew on

The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson again agreed, quoted from AANEWS #958 by American Atheists (September 14, 2001)

And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say, "You helped this happen."
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, Sermon, July 4, 1976

You'll be riding along in an automobile. You'll be the driver perhaps. You're a Christian. There'll be several people in the automobile with you, maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the trumpet sounds you and the other born-again believers in that automobile will be instantly caught away -- you will disappear, leaving behind only your clothes and physical things that cannot inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or persons in the automobile will suddenly be startled to find the car suddenly somewhere crashes.... Other cars on the highway driven by believers will suddenly be out of control and stark pandemonium will occur on ... every highway in the world where Christians are caught away from the drivers wheel.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, in his pamphlet, "Nuclear War and the Second Coming of Christ," quoted from Ronnie Dugger,"Does Reagan Expect a Nuclear Armageddon?" in Washington Post Outlook (April 8, 1984)

I wonder if he died or he was just zapped away to heaven..

Date: May 16, 2007 10:10PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
> erik Wrote:
> -----
> > No. I mean because Falwell was a segregationist
> > and fundamentalist he manifested the outsider
> > perception that Virginia is a 19th century
> > backwater. The same perception that causes
> > northern Virginians to balk at being counted
> among
> > southern Virginians.
>
>
> I have a couple points of evidence to the fact.
>
> Jerry falwell was not a good christian.. unless
> you have a very differant view of what it means to
> be both good and christian..
>
> **On several times he produced fraudulent
> evidence to further his goals. see Trooper gate or
> Clinton Chronicles.
>
> ** He was investigated by the SEC several times,
> and not just for the Christian Heritage Foundation
> either,
>
> **He supported and promoted racism and
> segragation for many years
>
> "If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had
> known God’s word and had desired to do the Lord’s
> will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision
> would never have been made…. The facilities should
> be separate. When God has drawn a line of
> distinction, we should not attempt to cross that
> line.” Rev Jerry falwell.
>
>
> And here are some Good Christian Falwell Quotes to
> chew on
>
> The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.
> -- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians
> for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September
> 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson again agreed,
> quoted from AANEWS #958 by American Atheists
> (September 14, 2001)
>
> And, I know that I'll hear from them for this.
> But, throwing God out successfully with the help
> of the federal court system, throwing God out of
> the public square, out of the schools. The
> abortionists have got to bear some burden for this
> because God will not be mocked. And when we
> destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make
> God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the
> abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and
> the lesbians who are actively trying to make that
> an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the
> American Way -- all of them who have tried to
> secularize America -- I point the finger in their
> face and say, "You helped this happen."
> -- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians,
> feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights
> supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday,
> September 11, 2001, quoted from John F Harris,
> "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The
> Washington Post (September 14, 2001)
>
>
> The idea that religion and politics don't mix was
> invented by the Devil to keep Christians from
> running their own country.
> -- Rev Jerry Falwell, Sermon, July 4, 1976
>
>
> You'll be riding along in an automobile. You'll be
> the driver perhaps. You're a Christian. There'll
> be several people in the automobile with you,
> maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the
> trumpet sounds you and the other born-again
> believers in that automobile will be instantly
> caught away -- you will disappear, leaving behind
> only your clothes and physical things that cannot
> inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or
> persons in the automobile will suddenly be
> startled to find the car suddenly somewhere
> crashes.... Other cars on the highway driven by
> believers will suddenly be out of control and
> stark pandemonium will occur on ... every highway
> in the world where Christians are caught away from
> the drivers wheel.
> -- Rev Jerry Falwell, in his pamphlet, "Nuclear
> War and the Second Coming of Christ," quoted from
> Ronnie Dugger,"Does Reagan Expect a Nuclear
> Armageddon?" in Washington Post Outlook (April 8,
> 1984)
>
> I wonder if he died or he was just zapped away to
> heaven..

You sure like to judge people.

Date: May 16, 2007 10:12PM

"For us clueless "non-Richmond" people... What is the fan?"

Just another down trodden, roach infested ghetto in Richmond.

Date: May 16, 2007 10:32PM

Robert Wrote:
> You sure like to judge people.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Posted by: :burpgun: ()
Date: May 17, 2007 02:12AM

Anybody remember the Army of Northern Virginia? NoVA is a suberb of DC with absolutely no unique defining cultural identity - other than spawning the prominant miltitary force of the CSA. Which is really something to be proud of given Lee's genius and his army's many victories against superior numbers. (Ignoring of course that whole attempting to enforce the continuation of human slavery thing...)

Date: May 17, 2007 06:24AM

:burpgun: Wrote:
> Anybody remember the Army of Northern Virginia?
> NoVA is a suberb of DC with absolutely no unique
> defining cultural identity - other than spawning
> the prominant miltitary force of the CSA. Which
> is really something to be proud of given Lee's
> genius and his army's many victories against
> superior numbers. (Ignoring of course that whole
> attempting to enforce the continuation of human
> slavery thing...)

and hitler was a brilliant speaker and organized an army that forwarded scientific progress... you know aside from trying to wipe out the jews and taking the world by force. i wonder why germany isnt proud of hitler.

Posted by: El Mono Rojo ()
Date: May 17, 2007 11:46AM

http://www.elmonorojo.com/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 04:04PM by El Mono Rojo.

Date: May 17, 2007 12:29PM

Oh Robert you seem to be having a little trouble in your arguments,

But it was of no suprise. Try to back up your statements with some facts and maybe this could be a little more interesting than .." ooh ooh you sure like to judge people."

If I passed judgement ( be it neg. or pos.) on Mr. Falwell then so be it, But I was just quoting the man himself..

However I believe you did as well, ( pass judgement, that is) with out the slightest basis of fact.

"Richmond has a nice diverse culture without having to worry and fuss over it.
You don't sound all that educated to me. If you were, you would agree with me." Robert-

Oh and my Personal Favorite....

"People keep talking about the crime- I have lived in the fan for almost 10 years and I've never once been robbed or murdered !" -Robert

Exactly, how many times can one be murdered ?.. LOL

oh robert, dont stop .. cuz Im laughin my ass off..

Date: May 17, 2007 03:27PM

Gravis Wrote:
> :burpgun: Wrote:
> -----
> > Anybody remember the Army of Northern Virginia?
>
> > NoVA is a suberb of DC with absolutely no
> unique
> > defining cultural identity - other than
> spawning
> > the prominant miltitary force of the CSA.
> Which
> > is really something to be proud of given Lee's
> > genius and his army's many victories against
> > superior numbers. (Ignoring of course that
> whole
> > attempting to enforce the continuation of human
> > slavery thing...)
>
>
> and hitler was a brilliant speaker and organized
> an army that forwarded scientific progress... you
> know aside from trying to wipe out the jews and
> taking the world by force. i wonder why germany
> isnt proud of hitler.

HOW IN THE WORLD- can you compare Robert E. Lee to Hitler?

First of all, Robert E. Lee was a Christian and greatly opposed slavery.

Hitler was an evil dictator if anything, was more like Abraham Lincoln.

If I remember correctly, the South wanted its own country. Hitler wanted global domination and put jewish people in ovens. Sounds more like the North to me.

Date: May 17, 2007 03:29PM

496 Wrote:
> "For us clueless "non-Richmond" people... What is
> the fan?"
>
> Just another down trodden, roach infested ghetto
> in Richmond.

Um, no.

Its beautiful residential area in the west end of the city with old victorian row houses, and a cool mix of people- everyone from VCU hipsters, to senior citizens, to young families with children. Not to mention, great restaurants and kitch shops.

Posted by: Robertandtwinbro ()
Date: May 17, 2007 03:32PM

Inbreeding is alive and well in Richmond
Attachments:
robert&bro.jpg

Date: May 17, 2007 09:09PM

Robertandtwinbro Wrote:
> Inbreeding is alive and well in Richmond

Ha ha. I think that fits NOVA much better.

Date: May 18, 2007 04:58AM

Robert Wrote:
> Robertandtwinbro Wrote:
> -----
> > Inbreeding is alive and well in Richmond
>
> Ha ha. I think that fits NOVA much better.

wow... a retort of a first-grader. i dont even know where to begin with the level of stupidity you are displaying.

Date: May 18, 2007 05:02AM

He really is just using a slant on "I know you are, but what am I" for his retorts, isn't he?

If I lived in Richmond, I would also be doing all I could to deflect attention from the low student test scores.

Date: May 18, 2007 06:33AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> He really is just using a slant on "I know you
> are, but what am I" for his retorts, isn't he?
>
> If I lived in Richmond, I would also be doing all
> I could to deflect attention from the low student
> test scores.

i was poking around some richmond statisticsand fairfax county statistics as well as very detailed stats on VA schools and found some interesting info.
Enrollment:164,29525,622
Demographics:
African American:10.8%
American Indian:0.3%
Asian American:17.4%
Hispanic: 16%
Multiracial:4.9%
White:50.2%

Black:88.95%
White:7.36%
Asian:0.64%
Indian: 0.05%
Hispanic:2.93%

did anyone else know that richmond was 90% black? oh yeah, that also shows just how diverse fairfax is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 11:37AM by Gravis.

Date: May 18, 2007 06:39AM

was poking around some richmond county statistics

Richmond County is far away from Richmond, they are 2 different places. Richmond County is east of Fredericksburg near the bay.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: May 18, 2007 07:04AM

Robert Wrote:
> This has probably been discussed before, but many
> people I know from northern virginia want nothing
> to do with virginia- when they live there.

Who the hell uses the term "Yankees" anymore when not used in reference to the NY team? Many people want nothing to do with the 19th century, pal.

Date: May 18, 2007 07:07AM

OMG Gravis, what a stupid thing to post. Talk about credibility ruined! Richmond is in (but independent of) Henrico County.

Richmond County: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_County,_Virginia

Henrico County: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrico_County%2C_Virginia
Attachments:
ilolds.gif

Date: May 18, 2007 05:46PM

Yes, indeed. Virginia is a Commonwealth.

As far as Richmond vs NOVA- Can we all just agree to disagree?

In reality, they both have their good and bad points.

Date: May 18, 2007 10:01PM

Robert Wrote:
> Yes, indeed. Virginia is a Commonwealth.
>
> As far as Richmond vs NOVA- Can we all just agree
> to disagree?
>
> In reality, they both have their good and bad
> points.

No. Northern Virginia has many, many more job opportunities. And many, many more teeth.

Date: May 18, 2007 11:02PM

Thats your opinion. I disagree. I think NOVA is part of a very plastic, soul-less society. I feel so sorry for people that live there. Its bland and vanilla. I'm sooooo thankful I got out of there when I did. I would never go back.

Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and culturally aware.

Date: May 18, 2007 11:44PM

Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and culturally aware.

I dated a chick during college that was from Richmond. Parham Road, or some shit, something like that. She was sweet, but you are making a BOLD claim in that sentence. I used to go visit her down there during the summer breaks, and it was about as sophisticated and culturally aware as York, PA.

Date: May 19, 2007 12:13AM

Thats not Richmond- thats Henrico County. They're like Fairfaxian clones out there. And Short Pump isn't Richmond either. Thats the burbs.

Date: May 21, 2007 08:41AM

Robert Wrote:
> Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and
> culturally aware.

If Richmond sophistication is measured by cigarette brand loyalty, I would agree. Awareness of an insular and obsolete culture? Yes, yes. Spot on.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: May 21, 2007 10:24AM

Robert Wrote:
> Yes, indeed. Virginia is a Commonwealth.
>
> As far as Richmond vs NOVA- Can we all just agree
> to disagree?
>
> In reality, they both have their good and bad
> points.

So why the fuck did you bring it up in the first place?

Date: May 21, 2007 10:53AM

Robert Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and
> culturally aware.

"sophisticated and culturally aware." ROFL! Culturally aware of what... where to place a confederate flag on a pickup truck? Sophisticated... as in they can spell Budweiser?

There's not even a enough money in taxes in the area to cover roads so Richmonders put up tolls every two miles.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:54PM

Here is some ROVA (Rest of Virginia) interpretation for the NOVA crowd...

Robert Wrote:
"Thats your opinion. I disagree"
Yer wrong, dadgummit!

"I think NOVA is part of a very plastic, soul-less society."
It's clean and lacking snake-handling, speaking-in-tongues Bible thumpers.

"I feel so sorry for people that live there."
I hate my life. You NOVA people are so much better than me.

"Its bland and vanilla."
Not enough vagrants and prostitutes shooting up on street corners, like we have in Richmond.

"I'm sooooo thankful I got out of there when I did. I would never go back."
I was too stupid to make it there so I have to blame NOVA instead of myself for being a failure.

"Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and culturally aware."
We have a NASCAR track, you don't.

Date: May 21, 2007 04:17PM

Who wouldnt wanna be a yankee? They make more in payroll than many other teams combined, they have 22 some WS rings, are the toast of NYC and hell they fly their airplanes into buildings. AWESOME

Date: May 21, 2007 11:35PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> Robert Wrote:
> ----
> > Richmonders are so much more sophisticated and
> > culturally aware.
>
> "sophisticated and culturally aware." ROFL!
> Culturally aware of what... where to place a
> confederate flag on a pickup truck?
> Sophisticated... as in they can spell Budweiser?
>
>
> There's not even a enough money in taxes in the
> area to cover roads so Richmonders put up tolls
> every two miles.

Yer so ignorant you obvsiously have no idea what Richmond is like. Having lived in both NOVA and Richmond - I can say without a doubt that NOVA is a very uptight extermely conventional conformist area of Virginia where people think they are soooo cosmopolitan- gosh the irony in that statement, because they are anything but

While Richmond is a genteel, old South blueblood city with fine hospitality - a newer creative class of people with tons of museums, art galleries, restaurants, beautiful houses, rivah boat cruises, and just a more laid back people who aren't so hung up about "diversity" and being open because they already are. They are already What NOVA struggles so hard to be.

End of story.

Date: May 21, 2007 11:39PM

Id like to add- just how many museums do they have in Reston? Or Fairfax? How many art galleries?

Better yet- how many hipsters do they have in northern virginia? Virtually none. Ok, maybe along Clarendon Blvd late one night in Arlington to see some show at Iota, but thats aboot it.

Richmond is brimming with hipsters everywhere and people with vespa scooters who carry around tote bags full of art supplies .

Date: May 22, 2007 04:53AM

Robert Wrote:
> Id like to add- just how many museums do they have
> in Reston? Or Fairfax? How many art galleries?

so, people in NoVA cant go to DC for those things? they have plenty there.

> Richmond is brimming with hipsters everywhere and
> people with vespa scooters who carry around tote
> bags full of art supplies .

yet another reason to stay out of Richmond. LOL.

Robert, you are obviously part of a dying era. the 1950s ended almost half a decade ago. just because we dont conform to your idea of "hip" doesnt mean we arent. stop being a fascist and stop posting on Fairfax Underground if your are simply going to complain about how fairfax isnt richmond. "you dig?"

Date: May 22, 2007 08:38AM

Vespa Scooters? When Did Richmond become Italy?

Date: May 22, 2007 10:11AM

Robert, have you ever heard of the Air and Space Museum?

Date: May 22, 2007 10:36AM

Robert is from richmond, don't forget. Apollo 11 and shit like that is way too technologically advanced for a guy like him to get his head around.

Date: May 22, 2007 12:53PM

True, he is probably still fighting for segregation.

Date: May 22, 2007 12:59PM

How old are the people I am talking tO? Am I talking to a bunch of 15 year old kids? I bet y'all dont even know what hipsters are.

here:

www.hipsterhandbook.com

Date: May 22, 2007 01:07PM

Hehe, that website basically says that hipsters are losers that leach off of their parents:

Working is a necessary evil reserved for the masses which by definition the Hipster is not a part. Work is avoided at all costs for it is truly "bohemian" to be an artist and stay at home creating art. In fact, the goal of a true Hipster is to not work at all. Work is an antiquated notion dear to an older generation.

Similar to eskimos who have 8 different terms for the word "snow," the Hipster has many terms for receiving a check from the parents:

1. getting the cush
2. picking the berries
3. waxing Oedipal
4. parimony (sometimes daddimony)
5. changing the diaper

Date: May 22, 2007 01:11PM

Robert,

I don't know Richmond? ROFL again!

Give me a break. I probably know more about Richmond than you. Here's some trivia for you - What's the importance of "spider" in your area?

As for Musuems in the FFX metroplitan area there are tons of Smithsonians- Art plus everything including caveman bones, etc... Go ahead and name the Richmond musuems that are better...?

Richmond is the armpit of VA. And, tell Richmonder's to stop polluting the James River, the rest of the State would like to enjoy the river.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.