HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Appraisers in Fairfax
Posted by: Resa ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:11AM

Hello, I thought to come to FU and to see if anybody can recommend an appraiser to appraise china dining ware sets. I have a set of chinaware that I would like to sell since I have no use for them. Not sure if this post should be off-topic or here. Thanks in advance with the appraisal information.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Appraisers in Fairfax
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:46AM

Unless your china is of real historic value (I have inherited a set dated 1789 for instance), do an internet search for "replacement china" and look for your pieces. That should give you an idea and will not cost you a few hundred dollars for an appraiser to come out.

Posted by: sell it ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:29PM

One way you can find out is at a yard sale... See in America you can put your crap in your front yard and sell it on Saturday mornings sometimes you might even get negotiated prices

Posted by: j ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:37PM

google the hallmarks. check ebay. you can probably figure out what fair market value is. appraisers are better at determining retail replacement value for insurance purposes, a number which really doesn't mean anything to anyone except for your insurance adjuster in case of an incident. even if they try to guess what the stuff might go for, it doesn't mean that's what you're going to get for it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.