HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Does ASAP or ADS use the EtG test?
Posted by: Bill ()
Date: April 25, 2013 10:19PM

Does anyone know if ASAP/ADS tests for alcohol when they do the urine test? Apparently the EtG test can prove alcohol consumption up to 80 hours after.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does ASAP or ADS use the EtG test?
Posted by: officer dan ()
Date: April 29, 2013 09:05AM

No. It is a different test now.

Date: July 01, 2013 06:34PM

They still test for alcohol consumption though right?

Posted by: ADS IS FUN ()
Date: July 01, 2013 10:52PM

ADS takes your urine randomly during your classes.

ASAP makes you do the breathalyzer randomly during your classes.

Don't drink the night before ASAP and your life will be fine.

I think I had 2 urine tests over 10 weeks, about the same with the breathalyzer.

Date: July 01, 2013 11:09PM

Do you know if they used the EtG test when they took your urine?

Posted by: beenthere ()
Date: July 01, 2013 11:15PM

i was worried about the same thing 2 years ago 1st dwi. they did breath test randomly, the whole group always. piss test is for drugs. they use, i think seven panel, pot coke ghb horse pain killers etc. i am convinced they do not do ETG. ETG is unreliable due to so much alcohol in daily life, hand sanitizer etc. do the research. to do ETG is expensive and they need to give a do and dont list. but if you still drink on probation you are vulnerable to DIP charges,etc,
they would, however, love to get you to self report. like saying we have test that can back for months (yes they exist) mostly for drugs.

do not drink the night before or you risk having a measureable breath alcohol depending on how much you drank. be aware of ADS they some sneaky bitches, paid to try fuck with your head.

Posted by: Shovelknockout ()
Date: July 02, 2013 09:24PM

They sure do.

I received a non compliance report because i missed class.

Got court in august to see how much jail time i need to do.

Don't fuck around in ASAP

Date: September 20, 2013 09:54AM

So far no EtG, but I'm in the lowest level of treatment, which is probably why. Just ethanol urine tests and some blow tests.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:38PM

"Does anyone know if ASAP/ADS tests for alcohol when they do the urine test? Apparently the EtG test can prove alcohol consumption up to 80 hours after."

uh huh. you import the kit from bavaria or china? only costs $5 but you bill $1,000 per test

screw your kit.

wher'es the "made in u.s.a" chem test kit you idiot ?

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:39PM

that is until there's tax justice. i really don't think that's anytime soon

Posted by: Chaz ()
Date: March 14, 2014 01:28PM

Can anyone confirm that the urine test for DUI/1st includes screening for THC?

Posted by: Chaz ()
Date: March 14, 2014 01:47PM

Can anyone confirm that the urine test for DUI/1st includes screening for THC

Posted by: Yes... But... ()
Date: March 14, 2014 02:58PM

How hard is it to obstain from drinking alcohol for a few months?

Unless you are a drunkard...

Posted by: jizzy ()
Date: March 16, 2014 09:25PM

so no ebt?

Treatment program gotta do it for a year so I can get my charge dropped or reduced!
Posted by: Bambam88 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 02:34PM

Do this treatment program up Chester field called Casselton consultants do the ETg every class or only if they supspect I have been drink or if the court tell them too I do know they give everybody the breathlizer every group session have anybody every been too a treatment before

Posted by: Nateporter ()
Date: April 03, 2015 03:35AM

How do you know the army doesn't use the etg test anymore and what test do they use now ?

Posted by: IN THE KNOW, 100% ()
Date: April 03, 2015 09:16AM

I will tell you and you can choose to believe what I type or not because honestly its your ass not mine but I have first hand knowledge of this from not your side of the fence..............

ADS can and will on their discretion screen your urine for alcohol. They can choose to do so for different reasons. If its your drug of choice, if you seem drunk but your not blowing numbers, they switch it up to throw everyone off, etc. It is up to the discretion of your counselor and his/her feeling on whether they think you are staying sober or not. That said, this also means that there may be many times they don't check your urine for alcohol. They will breathalyze you at intake and for every group meeting you are asked to attend. ALSO, yes ADS sends their urine samples to the Fairfax lab for testing and then receive the results in about 2 days BUT all sites are stocked with instant tests as well and those are a stick that you don't choose what is being tested, it tests for everything. My opinion is it's not worth it to drink how ever many days before you go in just in case but then again if you think its ok to chance being violated and possible jail time, then maybe you need those classes anyway. And for the person who asked about THC, YES GUARANTEED ADS will test you for THC at your assessment, doesn't matter why your there!

ASAP is different than ADS completely. Not even run by the county, its a state funded program. Their intake process and then their classes are also done differently. Again it depends on why you are there and how much your counselor has time to put into your case with the HUGE caseloads they carry.

Did I miss anyone's question?

Posted by: Anon12 ()
Date: October 22, 2015 12:33PM

1st DUI, lowest educational level;

Fairfax ASAP did not test for THC, or do any kind of urine tests what so ever. With that said, they probably can, so don't mess with it.

You will be breathalyzed by your P/O the first time he speaks with you during your intake session.

No one in my class was breathalyzed for the entire 10 weeks. Of course if someone appears drunk, or appears to have been drinking, they will as the instructor has all the tools to do so with them.

If you're not a drunk, not drinking for a year is not so bad, sure it sucks, but since you're not driving where-ever you please anyways, you should not have any real temptation to do so. That's kind of their point. Of course if you are a drunk then maybe this is a good wakeup call to get your shit together and get help.

Posted by: Zack Morris ()
Date: May 24, 2016 04:16PM

Hi all, I was charged with first dui in Arlington recently. I refused breathalyzer because I knew i had 3 drinks of beer in an hour. I am truly ashamed and will NEVER drink again period. Alcohol has never been important in my life but I do enjoy Mary jane. I smoke on a daily basis, about 0.5 grams to help me deal with sleep anxiety and depression.

My court date is 45 days away so I should be able to get clean by than. But my lawyer suggest that I do voluntary ASAP course. Is that a good idea? Will they test for THC in Arlington? I have no prior am 35 YO. Is it worth taking a chance? My attorney says they won't test me since this is voluntary but I am scared. It's already has been an emotional roller coaster plus I've spent over 10K in fees and attorney cost and expert witness. Hoping for a positive outcome but who knows. Last 3 months in my life, everything that can go wrong has so I don't know if I should take this risk.

Any advice?

Posted by: NVGpx ()
Date: May 24, 2016 04:26PM

Zack Morris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all, I was charged with first dui in Arlington
> recently. I refused breathalyzer because I knew i
> had 3 drinks of beer in an hour. I am truly
> ashamed and will NEVER drink again period. Alcohol
> has never been important in my life but I do enjoy
> Mary jane. I smoke on a daily basis, about 0.5
> grams to help me deal with sleep anxiety and
> depression.
>
> My court date is 45 days away so I should be able
> to get clean by than. But my lawyer suggest that
> I do voluntary ASAP course. Is that a good idea?
> Will they test for THC in Arlington? I have no
> prior am 35 YO. Is it worth taking a chance? My
> attorney says they won't test me since this is
> voluntary but I am scared. It's already has been
> an emotional roller coaster plus I've spent over
> 10K in fees and attorney cost and expert witness.
> Hoping for a positive outcome but who knows. Last
> 3 months in my life, everything that can go wrong
> has so I don't know if I should take this risk.
>
> Any advice?

Yeah. Go fuck yourself, pothead. I hope you end up doing hard time.

Posted by: Elaine Fisher ()
Date: July 09, 2016 05:08PM

Trying to find out if VASAP uses the etg urine tests for DUI 1st?

Posted by: Decent Citizen ()
Date: August 15, 2016 06:13PM

Or unless you are an active addict--as many people are & I'm sure many of the people who've frequented this forum fall into this category.

Bear no malice toward others--decency & kindness are far better gestures to make in this world.

Have a great day.

Posted by: Kevin1243 ()
Date: November 23, 2016 10:57PM

I had a dui back in November and was breath tested EVERY class so dont drink before your classes. Then my unsupervised probation started and since then they never contacted me to have a drug test taken. However my manager knows I still to weekly counseling. Besides the completion of classes and a charge over the summer, I havent heard a peep out of her and I know her and my counselor do not talk either. Take in to consideration my circumstances but if you are on ASAP probation then try and stay clean, but if you cant for long then at least STOP TWO MONTHS BEFORE IT ENDS. God knows they try to fuck you in the last couple months. 757 area by the way, almost done. Good luck homies

Posted by: Tommy bower ()
Date: February 16, 2017 12:27AM

Do any of these classes do hair folicle tests?

Posted by: JoElle G ()
Date: November 06, 2017 05:13PM

Does anyone know if tri city vasap use the etg test for alcohol upon intake?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.