HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Court sentencing guidelines
Posted by: heavy hitter ()
Date: August 26, 2008 07:20PM

Does anyone know how I can access the guidelines that fairfax court goes by for sentencing? I would like to look up the assault guidelines. I have court tomorrow and would like to know what I'm facing. I was walking my dog last month and a kid tried to rob me using a knife. After I disarmed the gentlemen and beat the shit out of him, he went and pressed charges on me. In any case, I just want to know the guidelines. It is my first assault. At least being caught for. Keep your smart ass answers to your self for once please. Thank you for you time and assistance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Court sentencing guidelines
Posted by: James ()
Date: August 26, 2008 07:55PM

Well, if you were charged with simple assault then it's a class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $2500 fine.

And I'm not trying to be a smartass, but I will never understand why people wait until their court date to investigate this stuff and figure out if they need an attorney or not. And why they come to message boards to ask legal questions rather than consult with counsel.

Posted by: Chica ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:27PM

Why would you be charged with assault? Wasn't it self defense?

Posted by: optional ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:36PM

I am sorry to hear that you got robbed and had to defend yourself, i would have done the same thing and I am sure most people would have tried to run away unless they knew that they could win... Your case will most likely be dismissed if everything you say is true and you have someone to back up your story otherwise it is your word against the robbers word.. just one question i have though.. How was some random person who tried to rob and stab you with a knife able to press charges ON YOU? First things first, the guy would have to have known your name or have some general information about you to be able to press charges against you. He couldnt just go to the court house and make a written statement saying, "Some guy beat the shit out of me after i tried to rob him and stab hime with a knife." You guys must have known each other or something or you are not telling the whole story. It also would be a crime for this guy to press charges against you if what you are saying about him really trying to rob you and stab you is true because then he would have to lie on the statement to press charges against you. Are you telling the true whole story kid?

Posted by: heavy hitter ()
Date: August 26, 2008 09:58PM

Thank you all for your responses and time. This court date came quicker than I thought. I'm a single father, E-7 Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps, and my son and I are very active in the community, sports, self-defense, marksmanship, and many other activities. I didn't mean to wait for the last minute, I'm not a dumb ass. After disarming the man and fighting with him, fairfax were the ones who broke the fight up. It was his word against mine since the officer only seen the two of us fighting. He stated that with no witnesses and him not seeing what went down before hand, he couldn't make an arrest. Good ol' tax dollars working again. In any case, we both exchanged info and went to the magistrate to petition a warrant for attempted robbery and assault. Now I have to go to court tomorrow and would like to know what to expect. I figured with my military rank and good name, I would be okay but now I'm doubtful with the responses that I have received. Does anyone else have something to offer. Again, I don't have time for smart asses so please keep that to yourself. I don't have a problem with common sense, legitimate questions. Thank you all again for your time and input.

Posted by: semper fi ()
Date: August 26, 2008 11:27PM

just wondering im stationd in camp lejune. did u get njpd for this . cuz thats what the seem to also do down here no matter what the case

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: August 27, 2008 07:01AM

heavy hitter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
It was his
> word against mine since the officer only seen the
> two of us fighting. He stated that with no
> witnesses and him not seeing what went down before
> hand, he couldn't make an arrest. Good ol' tax
> dollars working again.

What would you like him/her to do? It is a misdemeanor not committed in his presence, so he CANNOT make an arrest. With no other witnesses, it makes it tougher.

If you both went to obtain a warrant, and the magistrate gave one to the other party, he believed them and not you. So your story lacks credibility.

However, if he really did randomly attack you with a knife while you were innocently walking your dog, he probably won't show up to testify anyway. Your case would then be dismissed.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:22AM

WHat happened to the knife? I would have looked for that and had it dusted for prints.

Remember what happened in Con Air: Couple of duded attack 1 guy with a blade, 1 guy beats the shit out of them, he goes to jail for 8 years since he was in the military and knows how to fight.

Posted by: ? ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:46AM

So what happened in court?

Posted by: IMIM ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:23PM

Heavy Hitter - just as curious as the last poster regarding the disposition of your case. Unfortunately, a class 1 misd not committed in the officers presence, if the attempted robber played his cards right, he could have been told he could go to a magistrate to get a warrant (which it looks like he did).

I would hope that you got a continuance on this matter, atleast to subpeona the officer to court to help sort out the specifics - many times if a citizen swears out a warrant, the officer is NOT.

In the event the case was not finalized today, let us know....might be able to give you some good advice off this message board.

Hope it all worked out (hope the would be robber is still limping too...)

Posted by: packed in the back ()
Date: August 28, 2008 12:56PM

EDWARDS, SCOTT LEE

Case Number: GC08177407-00

01 08/07/2008 08:30 AM Continued Arraignment 729 Other
02 08/27/2008 08:30 AM Continued Appoint Attorney 214 Other
03 10/16/2008 09:30 AM Adjudicatory 000

A check of http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/caseSearch.do for assault hearings in FFX on 8/27/2008 shows only this guy. A google search of his name also shows that he is an E-7 Gunnery Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

Date: August 28, 2008 01:25PM

heavy hitter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know how I can access the guidelines
> that fairfax court goes by for sentencing?

It's my life, but I'm too busy to find this out myself through Google or contacting the court. You need to do it for me.

> I would
> like to look up the assault guidelines. I have
> court tomorrow and would like to know what I'm
> facing.

Once again, it's MY life, but I'm a lazy fuck.

> I was walking my dog last month and a kid
> tried to rob me using a knife.

Apparently not, since you either lost the case or are worried about losing the case.

> After I disarmed
> the gentlemen and beat the shit out of him, he
> went and pressed charges on me.

Beating the shit out of a minor tends to result in charges.

> In any case, I
> just want to know the guidelines. It is my first
> assault. At least being caught for.

Not such a badass now, are you?

> Keep your
> smart ass answers to your self for once please.

Where the fuck do you think you are posting, dumbshit!

> Thank you for you time and assistance.

Fuck you. I hope a big black guy shoves his cock up your ass in the county lock-up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.