HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"Primerica Is a Rip-off" Truck
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 25, 2008 07:37PM

Ha, I saw this guy driving around downtown McLean this evening. Apparently he's a victim of Citibank/Primerica, because he has converted his pickup truck into a gigantic anti-Primerica banner. It's real professional-looking too, not some spray-painted message... looks like he spent alot of time and money building this vehicle of dissent. The back of the truck says ""Citibank's Primerica is a Rip Off", and you can see the what the side says below. This guy has a real grievance!

Anybody else see this around, or know the story behind it?

I don't know much about Primerica's business practices, but the fact that someone would invest this level of effort into protesting a bank would make me think twice about doing business with them.

Is Primerica shady?
Attachments:
primericaripofftruck.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Primerica Is a Rip-off" Truck
Posted by: The Maj ()
Date: August 25, 2008 09:30PM

Bizarre, there was a SIGN company in Falls church that Actually made a SIGN that claimed "Wachovia Bank is a rip off". and had it posted on their front window of the building facing Rt. 7... i guess the banking business can get brutal.

Posted by: consumer ()
Date: August 26, 2008 12:34AM

The Maj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bizarre, there was a SIGN company in Falls church
> that Actually made a SIGN that claimed "Wachovia
> Bank is a rip off". and had it posted on their
> front window of the building facing Rt. 7... i
> guess the banking business can get brutal.

hm, I have seen that one too.

Posted by: Drai ()
Date: August 27, 2008 08:39PM

Yes, Primerica is shady as hell. Major Ponzi Scheme. Do a quick Google search and you'll see that. There are some hugely entertaining websites launched by former employees that are comedy gold. I can't imagine how they're still in business, I guess there are a ton of suckers out there who are still being swindled.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 27, 2008 10:14PM

that pic is begging to be photo shopped. Someone step up.

Posted by: Dirk ()
Date: August 28, 2008 10:24PM

The guy with this truck has been parking with disparraging signs about local businesses for years. I hear they pay him to go away...

http://creoleindc.typepad.com/rantings_of_a_creole_prin/2006/10/rjt_windows_are.html

Posted by: Jason Ty ()
Date: August 30, 2008 10:53AM

It's not a shop, I've seen it and would post my pictures if I wasn't posting from my phone. It's a total pyramid scheme. I have a friend who got sucked into it. I haven't heard from him in a while but the last thing I heard was that he's picking up a third job to compensate for lack of business. He also claims this guy is actually from a 'competitor.'

Citibank in general is rather shady anyway. They opened up a credit card account for me without my permission when I was 18 and I didn't find out about it until I went to buy a car.

Suntrust burned me once too. I no longer do business with any financial institutions that aren't credit unions and I've been extremely satisfied.

Posted by: Nutcasehead ()
Date: July 22, 2009 01:40AM

This guy has been parking this truck right in front of mclean citibanks branch. They made that stretch no parking (nbo doubt citi lobbies the city because of him) so now he parks one block up.

Must be a good story.

Date: July 22, 2009 08:40AM

Yeah, I noticed that last summer shortly after I posted this. It's still parked right along Old Dominion every time I drive down there.

Nutcasehead Wrote:
> This guy has been parking this truck right in front of mclean citibanks branch. They made that stretch no parking (nbo doubt citi lobbies the city because of him) so now he parks one block up. Must be a good story.

Date: July 22, 2009 09:16AM

Ha, if you enter "6644 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA" into google maps, and then use Street View, you can see him parked there on the west side of the street.

Pretty good advertising.

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:22AM

I can't understand why Citi would want to be affiliated with such a garbage business...

...unless they make a shit ton of cash from it.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:41AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Ha, I saw this guy driving around downtown McLean
> this evening. Apparently he's a victim of
> Citibank/Primerica, because he has converted his
> pickup truck into a gigantic anti-Primerica
> banner. It's real professional-looking too, not
> some spray-painted message... looks like he spent
> alot of time and money building this vehicle of
> dissent. The back of the truck says ""Citibank's
> Primerica is a Rip Off", and you can see the what
> the side says below. This guy has a real
> grievance!
>
> Anybody else see this around, or know the story
> behind it?
>
> I don't know much about Primerica's business
> practices, but the fact that someone would invest
> this level of effort into protesting a bank would
> make me think twice about doing business with
> them.
>
> Is Primerica shady?

Primerica is the successor to A. L Williams.

A. L. Williams was a teetoatling football coach in Georgia who got rich on the buy term and invest the difference concept.

He and his minions preyed on the less financially sophisticated public.

They were very controversial in the 1980s. Dozens of articles were written about them.

Having said that, do a google search on A.L. Williams and Primerica, Massachusetts Indemnity etc. You will find that they were very shady indeed.

Posted by: Zombie Dr ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:59AM

I wonder if he got sucked into the multi-level-marketing side or the products and services side.

Posted by: Found It ()
Date: July 22, 2009 12:26PM

I saw this truck parked in Kings Park West yesterday on my way to Lake Royal.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 22, 2009 02:59PM

A little off topic, but back when I was a teenager there was a guy in my neighborhood that had spray-painted plywood signs all over his front yard that said "Terminix Ruined My House" and "Call XXX-XXXX for details". Then he had some homemade signs tied to his car that said the same thing. You gotta be real pissed off to do something like that.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 22, 2009 06:47PM

Found It Wrote:
> I saw this truck parked in Kings Park West
> yesterday on my way to Lake Royal.

Really! I was driving through McLean over the weekend and noticed it was gone. Glad to know this guy is still speaking his mind.

Posted by: larry ()
Date: October 14, 2009 11:10AM

Drai Wrote:
> Yes, Primerica is shady as hell. Major Ponzi
> Scheme. Do a quick Google search and you'll see
> that. There are some hugely entertaining websites
> launched by former employees that are comedy gold.
> I can't imagine how they're still in business, I
> guess there are a ton of suckers out there who are
> still being swindled.

this guys not that smart the only way you will know is by going and checking it out they have great policys and they have 0 debt and they educate people on how money works the banks are rippin you off and so is whole life insurance

Posted by: Chud Fukies ()
Date: October 14, 2009 12:40PM

check this 'lil tidbit out:

Gregory of Eden Prairie, MN May 4, 2009

I was contacted by PreVisor and asked if I would like to interview for a job in December 2008. I completed two interviews and following the second talked to an acquaintance who communicated to me that Primerica is an MLM company with a very questionalble reputation. At the conclusion of the second interview I provided my credit card so that Primerica could conduct a 'candidate paid' background investigation. I did not think anything of this as I understand that most Independent Consultant candidates do pay for this required service. I was also told that upon starting at Primerica I would be charged 25 monthly for computer access and that it would automatically bill to my credit card that was used to pay the background investigation charge.

I did eventually learn that this was a MLM company and because I had no interest in working for them I immediately withdrew my name for consideration. A few weeks later I noticed the first 25 charge on my credit card statement. The charge was dated two weeks after I declined the job offer at Primerica. I attempted to contact Primerica Corporate. Each time I called I was prompted to enter my Primerica employee identification number. I obviously had no number at which point the answering system leaves you no options but to terminate the telephone call. I did locate an additional phone number for their Accounts Payable department, but the line is always answered by an automated system with an outgoing message stating that the Department is in a corporate training meeting.

Eventually February 2nd came about and another 25 was charged to my credit card for computer access. At this point I contacted N. Lisowe at Primerica's Woodbury, MN office. N. was the so-called "Vice President" that I had interviewed with in December. I related what was occuring to him at which point he told me that he did not appreciate my lack of professionalism and that I was 'stupid' for declining the job offer. He then went on to say that he would terminate the 25 monthly charge only if I provided him with (25) names of friends and family that he could contact regarding Primerica's services. He communicated that I owed him this for wasting his time and that I consented to the 25 charge and therefore was required to continuing to pay it until I provided the aforementioned list of names and telephone numbers.

On May 2nd my credit card was once again charged for the fifth time by Primerica. Reoccuring charge the second of each month on my credit card for 25. I have been charged 125 YTD

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/employment/primerica.html#ixzz0TvfXW4AF

Posted by: fishbowl ()
Date: October 14, 2009 02:20PM

I started a new job several years ago and was issued business cards, but my line of business really doesn't need any (IT) so I never really used them except once: when I was bored, standing in line at a Subway, I dropped my business card into one of those "win a free sub" fishbowls..

I got a call about a month later from some woman who said she had gotten my business card from an "acquaintance" and that I would be perfect for selling whatever it is Primerica sells.

I asked her who specifically she got my card from, and she spluttered and stammered until I explained that she had obviously gotten it from a fishbowl, explaining that the only card I've ever given out went to that bowl, unless she was friends with someone from the tiny startup I worked for..

She then got kind of upset and admitted she buys "leads" from someone but they promised her they weren't from fishbowls. It was pretty amusing.

Posted by: I wonder... ()
Date: October 31, 2009 08:44AM

Hey, interesting opinions. Freedom of speech is great, isn't it?! I found a few different opinions, too. I think it is smart to be objective, anyway. Type in Primerica Scam, the real picture and check out the brief story and interview on the blog. Not sure, but maybe there is more to it.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: October 31, 2009 09:30AM

They are all a bunch of crooks. Check this guy out:

Posted by: NegativeDreamStealer ()
Date: October 31, 2009 10:13AM

larry Wrote:
> this guys not that smart the only way you will
> know is by going and checking it out they have
> great policys and they have 0 debt and they
> educate people on how money works the banks are
> rippin you off and so is whole life insurance

What a sharp and articulate guy you are. Your say-so is plenty good enough for me. Can I join your "successline"?

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: November 01, 2009 01:44AM

I've been seeing that truck parked in the same place on Old Dominion road as far back as 2007.

...and I don't know anything about Primerica, but it sounds way too much like Kramerica, so I'll side with the guy and his truck.

Watch out for the giant rubber ball filled with oil. Helloooooooooo!!!

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: November 01, 2009 08:37PM

I think you have to be pretty pissed off to take the time and effort to do something like this. Here's a website maintained by former employees of the CSX railroad who hate their old employer so much they take the time to maintain a hater website: http://csx-sucks.com/

COnsidering so few people even know or care about it, I think it takes a lot of hate and discontent.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: November 01, 2009 09:31PM

I suppose when your wronged you may as well blab about it.

I like this Chase Bank Sucks forum:

http://www.chase-sucks.com/

The bank hates it so much they keep trying to shut it down.

Must be effective advertising.

Date: November 01, 2009 09:49PM

tomahawk Wrote:
> I think you have to be pretty pissed off to take
> the time and effort to do something like this.

I agree. I started this thread in summer of '08, and this Primerica truck still is parked there along Old Dominion most days of the week.

It's like a life-mission for this guy. More power to him!

From Google Street View:
Attachments:
primericatruck.jpg

Date: November 02, 2009 01:03AM

Maybe one of you computer litterate graphic arts majors can give the poor chap a rough mock-up of what his new truck would look like.???

Posted by: PotomacProductions ()
Date: January 23, 2010 03:12AM

Does anyone know this man's contact information? We would like to interview him for an upcoming documentary on Multi Level Marketing. Please contact us at potomacproductions@gmail.com if you can help.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:09AM

Hello Potomac Productions!
My name is Mike. I am a famous, wealthy, and extremely successful pod-caster.
I just wanted to extend my scincere gratitude for all your dilligent and tireless work getting to the bottom of this Primerica scam. I happen to know some really powerfull people, for instance my good buddy and Scat Brown(R). Scat knows how to get down and dirty with these guys and he will make shit happen! I think the owners of this company should have thier dicks chopped of with a Ninja Sword and fed to thier assholes. And thats the type of shit my man Scat loves to do! So these Primerica clowns won't terrorize the good citizens of this country any longer.
By the way. I'm loaded, and any financial donations you need I can send directly to your swiss bank account. Maybe in return Mr. Potomac can do a alternative lifestyles video with me and my co-hosts Rob(b) & Buzz. Afterwards I'll take you to Mc Donald's for a Happy Meal. My treat.

Posted by: Realist ()
Date: January 30, 2010 06:53AM

HAHAA. its funny to see loser's hate on success. All this babble about "is it a pyramid scheme". Folks, everything is formatted as a pyramid. At all of your JOB's. Starting at the top there is your "ceo", Then under there are managers, then supervisors, then employees... And what are your chances being ceo of the company you work for in corporate america? yeah exactly..slim to none. The word "pyramid scheme" was created by the government, to keep employess like you an employee, to keep you a slave to the government. The damn government is a pyramid. Think about it. And as for the the people who take advice from others... take advice from a person who is successful in it. Let's say your planning on going to college.. would you take advice from a person that dropped out or a person that graduated? Look, Primerica is a highly regulated company. They are backed by IMSA, which is the "Insurance Marketplace Standards Association". They have ZERO debt, NONE. And Produce over 650 BILLION dollars in revenue. And dont get it twisted.. Primerica is a business, not a J.O.B. (Just over broke) like some individuals on this forum. Primerica also produced the most 6+ figure earners in the country. And also didnt need a bail out from the government. Their solid. And as for the picture of the truck.. haha all the companies Primerica put out of business hired him. Get your facts straight before you embarrass yourself with ignorance.

Posted by: homosausage ()
Date: January 30, 2010 08:07AM

Realist Wrote:
> HAHAA. its funny to see loser's hate on success.
> All this babble about "is it a pyramid scheme".
> Folks, everything is formatted as a pyramid. At
> all of your JOB's. Starting at the top there is
> your "ceo", Then under there are managers, then
> supervisors, then employees... And what are your
> chances being ceo of the company you work for in
> corporate america? yeah exactly..slim to none. The
> word "pyramid scheme" was created by the
> government, to keep employess like you an
> employee, to keep you a slave to the government.
> The damn government is a pyramid. Think about it.
> And as for the the people who take advice from
> others... take advice from a person who is
> successful in it. Let's say your planning on going
> to college.. would you take advice from a person
> that dropped out or a person that graduated? Look,
> Primerica is a highly regulated company. They are
> backed by IMSA, which is the "Insurance
> Marketplace Standards Association". They have ZERO
> debt, NONE. And Produce over 650 BILLION dollars
> in revenue. And dont get it twisted.. Primerica is
> a business, not a J.O.B. (Just over broke) like
> some individuals on this forum. Primerica also
> produced the most 6+ figure earners in the
> country. And also didnt need a bail out from the
> government. Their solid. And as for the picture of
> the truck.. haha all the companies Primerica put
> out of business hired him. Get your facts straight
> before you embarrass yourself with ignorance.

650 BILLION? Billion? you sure you got your facts straight?

Date: January 30, 2010 12:29PM

Realist Wrote:
> HAHAA. its funny to see loser's hate on success.

What success are you talking about?

> All this babble about "is it a pyramid scheme".
> Folks, everything is formatted as a pyramid. At
> all of your JOB's. Starting at the top there is
> your "ceo", Then under there are managers, then
> supervisors, then employees...

What you describe is an organizational pyramid. An MLM is an investment pyramid.

> And what are your
> chances being ceo of the company you work for in
> corporate america? yeah exactly..slim to none.

Irrelevant. In a J.O.B., you're almost guaranteed a profit from your work. In an MLM, your odds of any significant profit are a statistical zero.

> word "pyramid scheme" was created by the
> government, to keep employess like you an
> employee, to keep you a slave to the government.

As opposed to being a slave to your upline?

> The damn government is a pyramid. Think about it.
> And as for the the people who take advice from
> others... take advice from a person who is
> successful in it. Let's say your planning on going
> to college.. would you take advice from a person
> that dropped out or a person that graduated?

Show us someone who can prove s/he made real profits from an MLM, and we might listen.

Look,
> Primerica is a highly regulated company. They are
> backed by IMSA, which is the "Insurance
> Marketplace Standards Association". They have ZERO
> debt, NONE. And Produce over 650 BILLION dollars
> in revenue.

How does any of this make it a good idea to invest in a chain-selling motivational pyramid?

> some individuals on this forum. Primerica also
> country.

Prove it.

Date: January 30, 2010 12:38PM

Realist Wrote:
> Primerica also
> country.

Incidentally, you do realize most of those posting to this board live in a county in which the median household income is nearly $110,000?

If you want to defraud people here, you're going to have to step up your game.

Posted by: bored again ()
Date: January 30, 2010 02:29PM

ok
Attachments:
primericatruck-GREAT.jpg

Posted by: Ken James ()
Date: March 11, 2010 05:27PM

Obviously not a scam when you have millions of clients and a net worth of about 7 billion dollars. A lot of times its an old agent upset that we replaced their rip-off whole life insurance with more affordable term insurance for the client. Do your research, Primerica is highly regulated, look at REGULATED websites not a blog!

Better Business Bureau: A+ rated company
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/financial-services/primerica-financial-services-in-duluth-ga-6985

Primerica

* Insures more than 4.3 million lives.
* More than 2 million clients maintain investment accounts with us.
* More than 100,000 licensed representatives (as of June 30, 2009).
* Placed in force more than $87 billion of life insurance in 2008.
* An average of $2.5 million in benefit claims paid every day.
* Investment clients have more than $25 billion in assets values in their Primerica investment accounts (as of June 30, 2009).
(Primerica refers to Primerica and its affiliated companies.)

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: March 11, 2010 05:51PM

Coming soon to a Manassas parking lot near you…
Attachments:
MOM Truck.jpg

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:46PM

Ken James Wrote:
> Obviously not a scam when you have millions of
> clients and a net worth of about 7 billion
> dollars.

And you're obviously a worthless spammer.

Posted by: Angela K. ()
Date: May 01, 2010 11:25AM

When I saw this truck a year ago I thought what a great idea! This person obviously feels very passionately about how Citibank has effected his life and I'm sure he takes great pleasure in letting everyone know. I cannot stand companies who take advantage of customers knowing very well they are in the wrong. I want to give this person a thank you in advance for giving me the idea to do something similar but I'm taking it up with Volkswagen. I very much look forward to putting the huge magnetic signs on my car that state do not buy a volkswagen, check all online reviews. Don't make the same mistake I did. Consumeraffairs.com is a great place to start! Volkswagen has window regulators that they know are dysfunctional & will replace them on the front windows only (even though all 4 are defective) and only because they HAVE to due to a class action lawsuit. However, if you are two months past the 7 year warranty they're happy to charge you up the wazoo. I don't think so, guess I better get used to having 3 windows that won't roll up. Volkswagen should be ashamed of themselves. So thank you again to the person with the ingenious idea of the Citibank truck. Feel free to wave hello when I am parked in front of the Lindsay Volkswagen dealership at Dulles.

Posted by: another realist ()
Date: July 07, 2010 06:32PM

did anyone know that Primerica is no longer with Citibank? maybe they have reinvent their way of working right? i mean if they are as ripped off like everyone on here said then why do they have zero debt and over 2 millions clients? why are they part of Russell 3000? if you don't know what that is please look it up too. why did warburg pincus spent 10 million dollards to invest Primerica background before they invested 230 millions to by PFS stock? im just wondering. please have some answer. thanks.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 07, 2010 08:10PM

Maybe MASTURBATION is the answer.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: Otto ()
Date: July 07, 2010 08:33PM

Angela K. Wrote:
> When I saw this truck a year ago I thought what a
> great idea!

Hmm...

This person obviously feels very
> passionately about how Citibank has effected his
> life and I'm sure he takes great pleasure in
> letting everyone know. I cannot stand companies
> who take advantage of customers knowing very well
> they are in the wrong. I want to give this person
> a thank you in advance for giving me the idea to
> do something similar

How much free time do you have? Sandwich boards are where it's at.

I very much look forward to putting
> the huge magnetic signs on my car that state do
> not buy a volkswagen,

I highly recommend doing just that

So thank you
> again to the person with the ingenious idea of the
> Citibank truck. Feel free to wave hello when I am
> parked in front of the Lindsay Volkswagen
> dealership at Dulles.

10 bucks says you'll get the 1 finger wave. As most protesters do.

Posted by: citishark ()
Date: July 07, 2010 09:47PM

Have anybody look closely to the pics of this truck??

The whole thing is another e-scam -started by the meeper- to fool people and open another little "credible" blog to spill the bile some people has about Primerica.

It's so silly to see the efforts some people put to stain this company..... and they are so futile too...specially when you see the way they do business, the good that almost all their clients say about them and the great respect the best financial conglomerates, organizations etc in the country have for this company. For somebody -in their sane brain!- that want to really KNOW abot this or any company, why not check www.primerica.com, Morningstar, NYSE just to start? What about BBB?? You can even try wikipedia.....

Date: July 08, 2010 07:17AM

citishark Wrote:
>
> The whole thing is another e-scam -started by the
> meeper- to fool people and open another little
> "credible" blog to spill the bile some people has
> about Primerica.

LOL. I started an "e-scam"? Really?

I posted pic of this truck cuz I thought it was interesting and sorta funny. And FYI, the truck is still around. It's not my fault people feel ripped off by Primerica.

Posted by: intrerested buyer ()
Date: July 08, 2010 08:19PM

I wonder if that "Primerica is a Scam" truck guy would be interested in selling the truck?

It obviously has low miles. Of course it has been sitting idle for two years or so.

Posted by: Spam prevention ()
Date: July 09, 2010 12:23AM

citishark Wrote:
> Have anybody look closely to the pics of this
> truck??
>
> about Primerica.

Wow, I wonder how the Meeps managed to edit google maps! He's even more talented than we thought, isn't he, shittyshark?

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: July 09, 2010 08:51AM

I had a family friend get caught up in this Primerica crap and got roped into buying some stuff from them just so I wouldn't feel bad.

If you are a consumer looking to buy life insurance and/or get an IRA, Primerica is legit in the sense that you do get life insurance and you do get an IRA. They are, however, overpriced for their life insurance and their IRA/Investments have IMO sucked for numerous reasons:

1. Their web interface was horrible
2. Access to anyone who can actually answer a question was inadequate
3. Their returns were crap compared to other mutual fund/investments

They are, most definitely a pyramid scheme and they definitely sold my friend on this fictitious idea of working for yourself and making $100k a year blah blah blah but the fact of the matter is that you aren't going to be able to sell enough stuff strictly as a salesperson in this day and age to earn any money. The only way to do it is by recruiting people under you.

All in all, yes I got life insurance and yes I got an IRA but it was a waste of money that could have been spent much more effectively elsewhere. My friend quit chasing that pipe dream and went back to a real job, I canceled the life insurance and pretty much ignore the IRA because it's worthless. I'd earn more off that money by putting it in an ING savings account.

The people defending Primerica here are obviously caught up in the scheme as well and are just trying to defend their hustle.

Posted by: Saw It ()
Date: July 09, 2010 09:32AM

Wasn't there last week, towed?

Posted by: clover ()
Date: August 06, 2010 05:29AM

Maybe the business opportunity isn't for everyone. People have to understand that this is a commissions based business, just like real estate. If you don't work, you don't get paid. The more you work, the more you get paid. Not complicated. Primerica is legit. Maybe some representatives aren't as professional as they should be, but the company is legit.

Primerica life insurance may not be the cheapest, but it's the safest.
Fact: Primerica is the only life insurance company that that paid out every single death claim for people who died in 9/11 attack.
Fact: Primerica covers suicides after 2 years of paid premiums.
Fact: Primerica will still insure you even when you sign up for the military.
All other life insurance companies will NOT insure you for these reasons. Primerica pays out every time an insured loved one passes. They don't do what other life insurance companies do which is find reasons not to pay out. Primerica does right 100% of the time.

Primerica sells basic term life insurance which is the best kind. It's pure protection. Every other life insurance company will make their policy programs so complex by making you think you're saving money within the life insurance and charge you so much that you THINK it's the best for you. THOSE companies are ripping off the American public!

Date: August 06, 2010 09:02AM

Here's my take. It sounds like Primerica uses a multi-level marketing (MLM) approach for selling its products. That doesn't make it a pyramid scheme or a scam. I personally would never be part of an MLM deal because, in my opinion, you alienate friends and family for a pretty minimal financial gain. As for the $100K promise thing, I am sure there is some small print in Primerica's materials somewhere that says $100K a year isn't typical. If people are too stupid to read the paperwork, that's their own fault.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: CHIC ()
Date: August 15, 2010 06:16PM

Primerica..is a hot mess...the employ people with ABSOLUTELY no professional training and these people are supposed to "regional and distric directors!"...I was introduced to Primerica to become an employee..but I declined because I didnt agree with going to people's homes and giving them a list of 20 people on the spot..or trying to be coerced into calling people "i thought " may be interested in front of my future " regional director".. after you sit in thier informational session you realize that they are ripping people off..although thier services seem to be good, the intice people to get the highest of whatever it is they are trying to sell...its a big scam....its like a mini business non professional cult.

Posted by: Maine ()
Date: July 23, 2011 02:50PM

Wow...I've read all these posts about this company Primerica, some good and some bad. But people we all must realize that there's different strokes for different folks. We all are not going to like Mc D's, We all are not going to wear Nike, and so on. But let me just say this, I have yet to hear or witness anyone that got fired from a job and have something good to say about the company. I heard about Primerica, I know it is a MLM but I really dont know about pyramid scheme because if you look up the definition of it in Wikipedia (the all knowing source for everything of course) it is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than from any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. Now I have a family member that was a member and I know when he was trying to recruit me many years ago, there was no profit made off recruiting. They make commission of the policies and other products and services the company has to offer. So we all should know that if you're in a business that you get paid off commission, if you sit on your butt, you're not going to get paid. So we can't get mad at the company, its the individual agent, not the company's fault that you couldn't produce any clients. So I guess it would be safe to say that sales just isn't your thing! But just as we all were taught since birth about the bible til it became the norm, its the same concept as working a regualr 9-5. But from what I was told about this company, you get paid whatever your commission percentage is the following day in your account. Not saying that I'm going to run to an agent to sign me up, but it does make you wonder...why work 9-5 everyday and bring home anywhere from $300-$550 a week when you have a chance to get that in one day and maybe not even a whole day? So if the agent was a pretty good agent and did that 3-4 times a week or even twice a week!

But I do know this..whole life insurance is something I think everyone should sit down and really think if its in their best interest to get!! The comment the person made about paying for insurance and investing the difference is actually a brilliant idea! My aunt and uncle had Whole life insurance probably since I was a kid! The good thing about them having it that long is they never had to worry about the premium going up.But the bad thing is..they were paying an insurance company to save money for them. I don't know about anyone else but if I go to an insurance company for insurance, that would probably mean I just want some insurance and nothing extra. I dont like to say invest because we all know they will invest your money and make 10% interest and give you 3% of it. The worse of all was when my uncle passed...they only gave my aunt the death benefit and not what my uncle had in savings! The beneficiary can't get both?? WoW!!! Unless...you get Universal which cost even more. My uncle died many years ago and I still feel bad for my aunt, saving all that money and not even get to spend a dime of it! Guess that goes to show you, READ THE FINE PRINT! I was watching the Gerber Life for babies and then it clicked, they said you can borrow from your saved money. Borrow my own money?? Who does that?? Me personally I have mutual funds through a company called Fidelity but I also have life insurance. They don't go side by side like twins because they are totally different!

Ok I think I've written enough, but I will say this one last thing. I'm sure if you google Wal-mart you will see complaints as well. But that doesn't mean people are going to stop shopping at Wal-mart and in most cases the ones that posted complaints possibly still shop at Wal-mart because lets face it...they have just about everything! Oh I just checked NYSE and Primerica (Pri) stocks are actually doing pretty good. I'm not trying to make a sale, I'm retired from the military and I get full disability. But thinking back over 20 plus years ago, if I had a chance to make money like that..I think I would've postponed joining the military! lol. Take care everyone.

Posted by: dboi89 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 07:34PM

Yea Primerica is a motherfucking rip off!!

Posted by: Lhill ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:27PM

Primerica is not a rip off that probably is a ex agent that could not make it and is pissed off at him self, so he is spreading their name through the mud. Primerica has help my family for yrs and they are awesome.

Posted by: Remoreseless ()
Date: November 02, 2011 01:21PM

I was with these idiots for almost half a year. They were located in a strip mall, "recruited" new members in garage parking lots, bus stops and fast food restaurants. They talked about how much money they made but than had to pander at group meetings for money for new projectors. MLM is good if you're at the top and/or have no morals about pressure selling, even to friends and family, but otherwise it's a waste of time. Selling idiots dreams is what they do. I joined them to network but the human refuse they recruit have no connections unless you want to know people who've done time.

Posted by: hi ()
Date: April 06, 2013 04:28AM

your all right fucking insurance com investment comp a BANK . ILL NEVER invest again all i want is my money back. so laugh at them f scamers

Posted by: dno ()
Date: May 21, 2013 01:30PM

Here are some facts about Primerica:

* Established 1977
* NYSE listed as PRI
* Largest independent financial services marketing organization in North America.
* 92,000 reps in U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, & Guam
* Insures 4.3 mil. lives plus. 2 million have an investment account w/ Primerica
* Around 2.6 mil. in death claims paid every day.
* $36 billion in assets
* $2.2 bil. in avg annual revenue, and $500 mil. in avg. annual net income.

Isn't it better to buy term and invest the difference?
No? When does your permanent insurance start paying so-called dividends?
No? What portion of your premium goes to the "saving plan?"

Isn't it better to have an opportunity to be in business for yourself?
Isn't it better not to have to worry about being laid off?

Finally, do the people complaining about Primerica on this thread even know you? Do they care about your financial future? Primerica does.

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: May 21, 2013 02:27PM

Citi is a garbage business too. Not to mention Citi has supplied the funds for terrorist attacks to Al Queda.

§ Wrote:
> I can't understand why Citi would want to be
> affiliated with such a garbage business...
>
> ...unless they make a shit ton of cash from it.

Posted by: Team PRIMERICA! Fuck Yeah! ()
Date: May 21, 2013 04:02PM

I think we just found the company that hires athletes with lots of school spirit.

Date: May 22, 2013 01:22PM

Why would anyone waste their time checking out the BBB? It's well known that BBB itself has turned into a giant scam and there ratings are completely based upon bribe money that they demand out of businesses in order not to have their reputation smeared by a once reputable, but now a scam of a company called the BBB.

http://bbbscam.net/

citishark Wrote:
> Have anybody look closely to the pics of this
> truck??
>
> about Primerica.
>
> It's so silly to see the efforts some people put
> to stain this company..... and they are so futile
> too...specially when you see the way they do
> business, the good that almost all their clients
> say about them and the great respect the best
> financial conglomerates, organizations etc in the
> country have for this company. For somebody -in
> their sane brain!- that want to really KNOW abot
> this or any company, why not check
> www.primerica.com, Morningstar, NYSE just to
> start? What about BBB?? You can even try
> wikipedia.....

Posted by: Concerned parents ()
Date: May 22, 2013 01:28PM

They've started calling me again on my cell and home phone. The home phone is unlisted, and we don't share it with anyone. I'm curious how they got it.

Date: May 22, 2013 01:31PM

No one makes the mistake of bugging me with their stupid telemarketing twice. You should invest in a good horn. Curse words work too.

Concerned parents Wrote:
> They've started calling me again on my cell and
> home phone. The home phone is unlisted, and we
> don't share it with anyone. I'm curious how they
> got it.

Posted by: stop them cold ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:11PM

If the caller sounds black, say "sorry, calls from blacks are not taken at this number"

If the caller sounds white say "sorry, calls from whites are not taken at this number"

If the caller is male say "sorry, calls from males are not taken at this number"

You get the idea.

Or you can just drive them mad by wasting their time:

"Primerica, yes, right, you sell motor oil or something like that?"

"Investment, you mean like Thomas Edison and the light bulb"

"Money, sure, we have bees around here"

"My financial future, let's talk about yours, I like to get $100 every time one of these calls comes in"

"Opportunity? Yes, I've tasted it, but I don't like Italian food"

Trust me, no more calls.

Posted by: Concerned parents ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:45AM

katiesmith Wrote:
> No one makes the mistake of bugging me with their
> stupid telemarketing twice. You should invest in
> a good horn. Curse words work too.
>
>
> Concerned parents Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They've started calling me again on my cell and
> > home phone. The home phone is unlisted, and we
> > don't share it with anyone. I'm curious how
> they
> > got it.

My husband loves talking to telemarketers with his chinese voice and wasting their time. I just can't stand them.

Posted by: Rebbell ()
Date: April 02, 2014 02:00PM

Finally, an intelligent post! I have been a Primerica customer for more than 20 years and my money has always been well taken care of. Where you work (other negative posts), do you have a president? does that president have vice presidents, and department managers? Then the many supervisors until you reach the pool of employees. If that describes your business (so called pyramid), then it also explains the Primerica business model. I know they charge a fee to work there, those are administrative fees since you are an independent contractor providing Primerica services or products. As this post reads, it isn't for everyone, you may not want or need insurance because your either rich or simply ignorant of the facts and don't save at all. I have an MBA and can attest that Primerica's business model is one for the people more than it is for the company. If you do your research, you will find the facts that support it. I don't work for Primerica because I am simply not interested in selling, but strongly support them.

If I am getting this correct for those posts against Primerica; your indirectly supporting other companies that offer life insurance policies with a savings attached to them. You want to know one way the rich get rich off the poor, try getting a life policy with a savings attached; then you will be doing just that, making them rich. Read your policies and you will see within it a loan provision to borrow your own money; really? Ignorance only becomes stupidity when you make decisions without finding the truth with real research and not just saying what the next guy is saying (YEA, HANG HIM HIGH; then ask why he is being hanged). So if you are ignorant of the facts as I once was, I challenge you to do real research to find the truth which is readily available. If you still don't like them, well thats ok too because I still don't like BMW's. You are fighting against a company that does more for the customers and the people that work for them than any other company out there and you don't even realize it. So as you walk down the street with the group of people ready to hang someone, ask yourself if you are that type of person to hangem high without knowing the facts. Good luck with your investments if you have any. If you have your money in a life insurance savings plan, you might want to read your policy and ask a financial planner about it. I normally never respond to posts but I felt a slight responsibility to defend Primerica because some of the comments are that of a hanging party which we all know to be an incorrect way of doing things from our American history.

Posted by: FraudBuster ()
Date: April 12, 2014 08:37PM

Looks like one of their brainwashed drudges spewing more garbage here folks...

Date: May 09, 2014 09:38PM

Fraudbuster; Thank you for the compliment. I always over research such issues. Since you decided to categorize my views as garbage, that gives me insight on how much clarity your problems with Primerica really are. When people resort to insults, it usually means they can't have an honest debate and resort to neanderthal mechanisms. If I were brainwashed by Primerica, do you really think they would just want me to invest and buy term with them? After serving 21 year in the military with honorable combat service, I have heard hundreds of one liners; some made me laugh, some made me frustrated. Yours did nothing for me. If you would like, we could debate each and every one of your issues with Primerica. I think that is only fair; you can say what you you think is a problem with them and I can give my views. Just remember, I will bring evidence to the table so please don't waste my time with conjecture. Thanks again for the compliment; I love to save money as a result of them brainwashing me.

Sincerely,
Satisfied Primerica customer since 1991

Posted by: bubs ()
Date: May 09, 2014 10:03PM

Rebbel,
You would have to have the IQ of a Palin family member to defend Primerica. Please go ask the nice man driving the short bus to take you back to the Lamb center and get your medication.
Jesus may love you but the rest of us think you are full of shit.

Have a nice day!

Date: May 22, 2014 07:23PM

Bubs,
When a person resorts to insults or fighting, it usually means they can't think. Never get in an argument with a moron, because they are experts at it. If you ever would like to get into a real debate with real evidence and real problems, I am always available. I am not available to trade insults and waste my time with someone who obviously doesn't consider the remote possibility they are wrong. Have a happy life Bubs:)

Posted by: Owner of the Truck ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:23PM

Name is Brian P. Allman. He likes to sue people.

Posted by: Crankenheimer ()
Date: January 11, 2015 05:51PM

I think you are a fraud - another pyramid scheme failure posing as a "satisfied customer."

Posted by: bubs ()
Date: January 11, 2015 08:14PM

Rebbell Wrote:
> Bubs,
> When a person resorts to insults or fighting, it
> usually means they can't think. Never get in an
> argument with a moron, because they are experts at
> it. If you ever would like to get into a real
> debate with real evidence and real problems, I am
> always available. I am not available to trade
> insults and waste my time with someone who
> obviously doesn't consider the remote possibility
> they are wrong. Have a happy life Bubs:)

Rebbell,
I see your medication has kicked in and they got you safely back to the Lamb center. Maybe you should join McLean Bible Church,
There are lots of gullible mentally ill people to exploit there. Just tell them Jesus said so and it is in the bible, they will give you money without any due diligence just like you were used to at Primerica.

Date: June 09, 2015 10:25AM

I have read a lot of this thread and am very curious to know what everyone would define a "pyramid scheme" or "mlm" as. Nobody really has talked about what it actually is. Please I am looking for an explanation, not trash talking! haha Thank you very much in advance!

Posted by: Look it up! ()
Date: June 09, 2015 10:41AM

What is a pyramid scheme? Wrote:
> I have read a lot of this thread and am very
> curious to know what everyone would define a
> "pyramid scheme" or "mlm" as. Nobody really has
> talked about what it actually is. Please I am
> looking for an explanation, not trash talking!
> haha Thank you very much in advance!

This is not FCPS. If it were, you'd be asked to hit up your neighbors for money so you could run around a track with a bunch of religious fanatics.

A pyramid scheme is a way to rip people off. The people at the top of the pyramid make money, everyone else gets screwed because there aren't enough people to keep the thing going. Look up Amway and Bernie Madoff. Penn and Teller have a video that explains it very well. Primerica is just another one. Pyramid schemes are illegal. Scammers make subtle changes to try to make the pyramid scheme look like something else or they just ignore the law.

Do your own research, gather facts and make up your own mind. It is the best way, do not believe everything everyone tells you-just look at what this country got for doing that with Obama (not that Romney, who believes the American Indians are descended from Jews, would have been any better).

Posted by: What is a pyramid scheme? ()
Date: June 09, 2015 11:13AM

Thank you very much for your explanation. A lot of people have classified Primerica as a pyramid here. I want to find out how it works. If there is somebody who could please explain to me how Primerica works as a pyramid, I would greatly appreciate it!

I figure there is someone here that has worked with them and actually found out the details and could explain it to the group. Thank you!

Posted by: Primerica Story ()
Date: June 09, 2015 02:10PM

Hi. My name is Anne and I was a Primerica representative (full time) for about 7 months (from May ’07 to December ’07). I ended up in a multi-level marketing job in Primerica as a young adult.

I like what the company stands for and stuff (as far as helping families with their products), but it’s such a difficult position to be in. A lot of your success is based upon how many people you know. I knew the products backwards and forwards, became a decent sales person, was able to conquer most objections, but because I didn’t have a big warm market to start out with, I sucked.

When I first joined into the company, I was promised that everything was easy and I’d be making as much if not more than I was at my full time steady desk job… so I quit my regular job because at the time when the opportunity was presented to me, it was a “regular” paying job just with very flexible hours.

When I wasn’t making sales left and right, it was my fault. Always my fault. I didn’t try hard enough. I wasn’t pushy enough. I couldn’t be relentless enough to tire out the client and just make them give into me. It wasn’t enough that I was always in the office from 9 to 12 making phone calls trying to recruit people. Always trying to get on appointments. Always at training. Went to Atlanta, GA for their big convention weekend because “it was what I needed to see to jump start my business”.

When I wasn’t at appointments or training or conventions and huge meetings, I was making calls. My life became Primerica… I lost friends, lost my self-esteem and dignity, lost sight of my passions because God forbid I spent time doing anything else other than PFS, and that still wasn’t enough. I was still “lazy” in the eyes of other reps because I kept barely missing my marks to get my promotions. (And when I wanted to leave to pursue my dream to become a veterinarian, I was a HUGE dumb loser who gave up too easily.)

In the 7 months that I actually was an active representative, I only made a total of about $700… which is $800 LESS than what I made in ONE month at my old desk job… $10,500 LESS than what I would have made in those 7 months!! Thanks a lot, direct upline manager who told me I’d be making MORE than what I was with my steady job! He sold me the dream, alright, but it turned into a damn nightmare.

I tried to keep holding on because all my hard work was about to pay off, but instead I got into so much debt because of this company it’s ridiculous. I just now again found a steady job, but I’m still months behind on credit card payments, behind on my car payments, behind on student loan payments and on top of that I owe my grandma money I had borrowed from her just to try to keep somewhat current (I’m just glad that during this time I was living with my mom because otherwise I know that on top of all of that if I had rent to pay or a mortgage, I’d be homeless, too).

Really, I have never met so many liars in one company before… Everyone’s always lying about how well they’re doing (the most common lie which I am even guilty of because “everything is perfect and going great” when you’re in front of part-timers, new recruits, and complete outsiders) when in reality the only people in the company who are actually doing decently are the Regional Vice Presidents and those who are higher up than them (Senior Vice President, National Sales Director, Senior National Sales Director).

Multi-level marketing can work for some people (like those who have loads of money and time set aside so when they constantly fail to get a paycheck they can still make ends meet by rationing their saved up money until they actually con enough people into joining their cult to be able to live off of them and replace said money that they originally lost), but most of us are not cut out to be hard sales people (and even more so recruiters) because we care too much about others.

I hate the actual marketing job position, but I do like their products and what they stand for… They are good, quality products and I’m not just saying that because I was in the company, but because I have done my own comparisons to other companies’ products and still own a life insurance policy from Primerica. The representatives lied to each other about their productivity, but I never knew of anyone lying to clients/customers.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: June 09, 2015 05:36PM

There is no business more lucrative than selling hope.

Posted by: FIFY ()
Date: June 09, 2015 05:56PM

70chip Wrote:
> There is no business more lucrative than selling
> hope... to suckers.

^ FIFY

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: November 15, 2015 05:06PM

I wonder how the people that actually do make a lot of money do it? How did they start from the same place that everyone else does, and end up making a lot of money? I have seen bank statements and tax returns from clients that make a TON of money with Primerica. How did they get to that point?

Posted by: grunt003 ()
Date: July 25, 2017 07:38PM

WOW!! IF PRIMERICA WAS A SCAM, THEN HOW IS IT THAT I, AS AN LAPD POLICE OFFICER AM ABLE TO WORK FOR THE FINES POLICE DEPT AND STILL BUILD A BUSINESS WITH PRIMERICA . I LOVE THIS BUSINESS......QUITERS ARE ALWAYS COMPLAINING!!!!

THIS IS NOT A SCAM, IT A REAL OPPORTUNITY BUT NOT FOR CRY BABIES WHO GET OFFENDED BY A SIMPLE"NO" ANSWER AND RAN TO CRY TO THEIR MAMI!!

I LOVE PRIMERICA AND ALL THE OFFICERS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HELP ALSO LOVE PRIMERICA.

Posted by: U.S. MARINE ()
Date: July 25, 2017 07:53PM

I LOVE PRIMERICA BUSINESS BECAUSE IS MADE FOR REAL WINNERS THAT DON'T QUIT ON THEIR DREAMS AND GOALS.
AS A MARINE AND LAPD POLICE OFFICER, AND NOW MAKE ALMOST AS MUSH MONEY IN PRIMERICA PART TIME AS IN MY FULL TIME JOB.

PRIMERICA IS THE BEST FINANCIAL SERVICES BUSINESS OUT THERE!!

SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE QUITERS LOOKING FOR SECURITY INSTEAD OF FREEDOM.

QUITING IS A HABIT AND UNFORTUNATELY PRIMERICA WONT BE THE ONLY PLACE YOU WILL QUIT!! I'M SURE YOU ALREADY HAVE QUIT IN OTHER AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

Posted by: NW4WY ()
Date: July 25, 2017 07:54PM

aw, jeez, this crap is back?

Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: July 27, 2017 08:52AM

They are obviously full of crap, much better way to get a guaranteed return

https://bitpetite.com/?aff=tdurden38

Posted by: Johnny McMoneybags ()
Date: July 27, 2017 01:34PM

Years ago, I attended a MLM meeting for fun. I had several years of corporate sales experience at that time, and was certainly turned off by the lack of sales training, or leads generation provided during this corporate "meeting" for sales reps. All of the training and focus was about MLM recruitment, not on end user sales which was a big flag.

Anyways, what really turned me off about their whole process was their one major sales story (it was an MLM supplement/drink company) was an existing business owner who had a restaurant, or retail shop of some kind, who sold through all the tiers to get the top level commission by offering their products through his existing retail operation, in a matter of a week or two.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.