HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DC 101 Sucks....
Posted by: Ricky Ricardo ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:08AM

Why is it that DC 101 is still on the air?

Who in the F chooses their play list?

Maybe if I tune in right now I can catch"Even Flow" by Pearl Jam or maybe "Jeremy" for the 3rd time this AM.

So why in an area with nearly 4 million people do we have such shitty radio stations? Maybe it really is just representative of the general population of lame Bud lite chugging Red Skin fans supported by Gov't Salaries?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DC 101 Sucks....
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:10AM

How many times will they play "I take a walk take a walk take a walk, oh oh oh"?

Same shit over and over.

And fucking Silversun Pickups:

"Clean out your rooooom"

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:17AM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many times will they play "I take a walk take
> a walk take a walk, oh oh oh"?

That is Passion Pit, fairly new straight up top 40 pop stuff. DC101 plays that song?? Haven't listened to that station in years since I've switched to Sirius XM.

I seem to remember DC101 being stuck in the early to mid 90's Nirvana era vortex.

Posted by: Rocco ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:21AM

And that Elliot in the morning..Jeez, Who in the F@ck did he blow to still be on the air?

It's as if that dude made a blood pact with the devil himself to not have been fired and deported back to Canada many moons ago.

That show is the opposite of funny. It's as if there is a contest to find out how many times a short fat Canadian Schander can interupt a dopey sounding mid 40's soccer mom over a most boring news cast. NEXT....

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:38AM

Enrico Palazzo Wrote:
> Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How many times will they play "I take a walk
> take
> > a walk take a walk, oh oh oh"?
>
> That is Passion Pit, fairly new straight up top 40
> pop stuff. DC101 plays that song?? Haven't
> listened to that station in years since I've
> switched to Sirius XM.
>
> I seem to remember DC101 being stuck in the early
> to mid 90's Nirvana era vortex.

Passion Pit? More like Shit Pit.

Posted by: 90s at noon ()
Date: April 15, 2013 01:07PM

The 90s at noon are the only thing left worth listening to. All the new music is so weak and watered down with American Idol pop and arty farty influences. Banning tag and dodgeball along with the no winner policy in teeball has resulted in a generation with absolutely the worst taste in music.

Posted by: Sgt Fury ()
Date: April 15, 2013 01:27PM

101 has been crappy for so many years that I don't even have it on my presets. For those of us who have been around for many moons, the great days of 101 are long gone. The days of personalities are over. Hell, so many stations share one DJ who does a show for a multitude of different cities that "local" radio is dying. Long live the early 80's lineup of the Grease, YDB (Young Dave Brown who is currently on WTOP) and Adam Smasher!

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: April 15, 2013 01:44PM

Without the Greaseman, DC 101 isn't DC 101.

Posted by: Chop Sings ()
Date: April 15, 2013 03:41PM

Someone mentioned the 90's...which def. did have some good tunes but not the one' they play on 101..Take for example the multitude of Nirvana songs, but instead..let's just play teen spirit OVER AND OVER again.Pearl Jam? Nevermind that they have humpteen million songs, let's just play Evenflow another 1000 times.

Posted by: some guy ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:20PM

I pop in every now and again, but never in the morning. EITM sucks the big one. But really, DC radio has never been good (except when the old HFS was on air) and I don't believe it will ever be good. But I do remember the intro to Atom Smasher:

Every day at the studio a man arrives
standing six foot one, weighing 225
Slamming down the jams, running his route
Everyone knows he don't take no kraut.
The smash (the smash) big bad smash.

Or something like that, it was ages ago and I was usually stoned.

Nowadays I switch between my ipod, WMAL and WAMU.

So listen to 98 Rock!
Posted by: Bob der Baumeister ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:21PM

Screw DC101- they're trying to be .alt now that WHFS's Pippen-Jordan lineup of The Weasel and Damien is extant.

Just listen to 97.9 if you want proper hard rock. The good old days of the 80s with Grease, YDB, Adam Smasher, etc, were the best!!!!

Posted by: Chantillyer ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:27PM

I thought it was Atom Smasher.

That Dude was cool. Especially on Twofer Twofer Twofer Tuesday.

WWDC, WWDC FM Washington DC-101, Kick-ass rock and roll, at least back in the 80s.

Posted by: Mike N Mike ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:56PM

DC-101 hasn't been cool since the 80's.

Posted by: dc 101 sux ()
Date: April 15, 2013 06:59PM

When i do listen to regular radio, I turn on 98 rock, baltimore.

Posted by: RowdyBurns ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:04PM

For as long as I can remember, DC has always sucked and I was a teen through the 90's. In fact i don't even think there is straight up "Rock" music anymore. Everything is some sort of sub type.

I'm surprised they don't still play the Mighty Mighty Mighty Bostones 20 times a day.

The few times i do tune in. I am shocked they still play Pearl Jam, Nirvana or something grunge in heavy rotation. If they don't watch out, they are going to be a "Classic" rock station.

When I was a teen in the 90's and heard something from the 70's on the radio I would immediately find something else to listen to. Maybe high schoolers today don't listen to terrestrial radio.

Posted by: Greaseman ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:10PM

Habba do geeee! How about me?!!!!

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:15PM

The Smash was the shit afternoons in the 80's... Young Dave Brown was doing news on weekends a while back, haven't heard him in a while.

Does DC101 still do "Make It Stop" at 5pm? Probably been gone for 10 years, I never listen.

FIVE WORDS: MP3's.

Posted by: Ya I think I thought it so ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:25PM

Do they still feature the doo-doo-time spectacular in the early evening time of day?

Posted by: Jump the Shark ()
Date: April 15, 2013 07:45PM

Ya I think I thought it so Wrote:
> Do they still feature the doo-doo-time spectacular
> in the early evening time of day?

That's the fuckin worst. Dumb ass guy screaming into the mic. I cringe when that comes on, Just turn the station off.

Posted by: cobrakai ()
Date: April 15, 2013 08:15PM

Thank god for SiriusXm... 101 does suck, and every other station is just garbage, you would think a city this size would have more variety. Roche has to be the most retarded DJ ever. Elliot use to be meh, but I haven't listened in so long... his fanboyism of every DC athlete's jock was disgusting also.

Posted by: Sgt Fury ()
Date: April 15, 2013 08:58PM

Thirsty Thursday's, musical themed weekends. Great intros by bands. "DC, it's you and me friends, this is David Lee Roth from Van Halen, and I am permanently plugged into DC 101, son".

Posted by: P4 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 09:33PM

XM has lots of good stuff, but it's so compressed it's hard to enjoy unless you are one of those people happy listening to 128k music on your iPod with earbuds.

Radio has always been crap here, not sure why. There isn't even a decent college station anywhere that I know of. I listen to WPFW sometimes for a change of pace, very low budget and all over the place, but entertaining sometimes.

98 Rock is probably the best rock station around, although it's not here obviously. They play a lot of stuff I don't like, but I respect the format and variety. Not sure if WRNR is still around, I can only get them when I'm in Maryland, but it was a decent station.

Posted by: fuckqaD00000 ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:20PM

ELLIOT IN THE MORNING IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. GRANTED HE IS A JEW AND THAT IN ITSELF MAKES A PERSON ANNOYING GENERALLY AWFUL.

ITS JEWS LIKE HIM THAT MAKE ME THKNK THAT HILTER WAS ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

And he has that liberal Jew hippy gash as a co-host.

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: April 15, 2013 11:25PM

DC-101 has sucked fucking ass for over 25 years. This isn't news. It is ancient ass history.

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: April 16, 2013 12:35AM

Maaaan. I'm a younger guy and in just the last 10 years I've been listening it's gone way down hill. Flounder made EITM. Now it's just those three chumps in a room. Kinda depressing.

As for the music, my car has Sirius XM and I'll never spend another minute listening to DC101 again. If I don't renew the subscription and instead dabble in FM again, DC101 will not be a preset.

Posted by: John Khan ()
Date: April 16, 2013 08:31PM

In the early 80's WHFS and DC-101 were the best stations. Now everything sucks. I just listen to Pandora.

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: April 17, 2013 08:10AM

What do you expect from ClearChannel. DC101 is nothing more than a pop station now with very little rock. 98Rock and 100.3 are the only rock stations anymore and even 98Rock is starting to play the rap/rock stuff now....

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: April 17, 2013 08:37AM

FusilliJerry Wrote:
> What do you expect from ClearChannel. DC101 is
> nothing more than a pop station now with very
> little rock...

It's still Chat Radio, I hear - tuned it in this morning (in passing) and heard Mr. Chat Radio Hisself stomping on a song with "Let's select Line #2" or something similar - detuned it right then.

It's still somewhat surprising that, obviously, people LIKE this type of programming - that guy's been on DC101 for a long time now, doing EXACTLY the same crap for years and years; even if he has a long term contract I'm sure DC101 would get rid of him if he wasnt effective selling Popsie Poopsies.

More power to them! Simply makes CDs and personal music players cheaper as millions of folks buy them...

Posted by: WGTB ()
Date: April 17, 2013 08:48PM

Anyone remember WGTB? They went off the air in the late 70's but it was great.

Posted by: BrandonG.M.U. ()
Date: April 17, 2013 09:58PM

Anybody remember when Elliot trashed Tony K on air to the point where the station manager kept cutting to commercials? If I remember correctly, this was in 2006 and Elliot came on and said if he mentioned this guy again he was getting taken off the air for the entire day.

Posted by: devils onion ring ()
Date: April 18, 2013 12:54AM

BrandonG.M.U. Wrote:
> Anybody remember when Elliot trashed Tony K on air
> to the point where the station manager kept
> cutting to commercials? If I remember correctly,
> this was in 2006 and Elliot came on and said if he
> mentioned this guy again he was getting taken off
> the air for the entire day.

That boring Hyena laughing fuck should have been replaced long ago.. Hell, I would rather listen to the grease man, and that ain't saying much.
That loser grease and his shitty late 80's early 90's humor is better and the Hyena laugh bullshit dull ass elliot in the morning.
radio in this area sucks.

Posted by: DWNicolo ()
Date: April 18, 2013 01:25AM

Hate to break it to you all, DC101 has been sucking ever since Howard Stern was fired.

Posted by: oc ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:19AM

I have never been able to stomach Elliot's laugh. I won't keep it tuned to DC101 just in case I turn on the car in the morning and he happens to be laughing. I'm serious.

I used to listen to the Junkies in the morning, but I got tired of their boring dumbassery. Lately, I have been listening to old Don and Mike shows from the '90s. I find their brand of dumbassery much more entertaining. It makes my commute tolerable.

heck, that's an easy one LoLz
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 18, 2013 09:21AM

Ricky Ricardo Wrote:
>
>
> Who in the F chooses their play list?
>
Attachments:
43623624.jpg

Posted by: 703mama ()
Date: April 18, 2013 03:53PM

Yes! Elliott laughs at things that are not funny. I tune into the show only to hear Diane's Dirt at 10. It is so annoying for Elliott to interrupt her with his mouth full of food with his stupid comments. I do enjoy the 90's at noon, though.

Posted by: matt 703 ()
Date: April 18, 2013 04:36PM

Note to DC101...

PLEASE get rid of that annoying ass ELLIOT!!!

thank you.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: April 18, 2013 05:46PM

Only dirt poor people listen to the radio

Posted by: 70's rocker ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:28PM

I was just telling my wife how cool this station was.My younger brother and I would listen for hours on friday nights to hear obscure bands that we hadn't heard of before. It was amazing! What the hell happened to radio? Pretty much all radio sucks now.Corporate crap!

Posted by: 70's rocker ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:30PM

I was refering to WGTB. Awesome

Posted by: 2007 Mazdaspeed6 ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:10PM

Eliott in the AM is the only thing that keeps me awake on my way to work every morning. I think a bunch of people on here are just bandwagon haters of EITM and probably listen to the Kane show on the regular.

Posted by: 2014 AMS GTR ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:35PM

2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> Eliott in the AM is the only thing that keeps me
> awake on my way to work every morning. I think a
> bunch of people on here are just bandwagon haters
> of EITM and probably listen to the Kane show on
> the regular.

Wash my GTR, washer boy!

Posted by: The king of ashburn ()
Date: August 02, 2014 06:43PM

2007 Mazdaspeed6 Wrote:
> Eliott in the AM is the only thing that keeps me
> awake on my way to work every morning. I think a
> bunch of people on here are just bandwagon haters
> of EITM and probably listen to the Kane show on
> the regular.

Who the hell listens to elliot in the morning? That show is just rick and Hur-ting.

Posted by: Terence ()
Date: August 02, 2014 06:58PM

It really is awful. It's as if they've changed formats. So much pop. They act like rock music died in 2000

Posted by: Class of 90 ()
Date: August 02, 2014 08:16PM

I remember back in the day when they had the Zep block at 10pm every night.Epic nights.Alcohol,weed and girls.Greaseman wake and bake.I really miss that shit.

Posted by: Use to be good ()
Date: August 02, 2014 08:27PM

How DC 101 or 106.7 pay the bills is beyond me. Worst radio ever. They use to have some pull, decent radio, Now it's a fucking joke. Anything would be better than what those stations are doing now.
The ratings have to be in the toilet.

Posted by: Holy Toledo ()
Date: August 02, 2014 10:50PM

Who is the gay guy who always has to chime in with his two cents? I don't listen to that show very often, mostly for 2 reasons: Elliott's terrible laugh and that effeminate gay guy.

Posted by: LouderThanHell ()
Date: August 02, 2014 10:56PM

Imagine Dragons and Mumford and Sons suck so bad I cannot stand it.

Posted by: Terence ()
Date: August 03, 2014 01:42PM

I seriously want to know who is listening and enjoying it. Everyone I know says they hate it and don't listen, yet nothing is changing.

Posted by: who listens? ()
Date: August 03, 2014 01:51PM

Terence Wrote:
> I seriously want to know who is listening and
> enjoying it. Everyone I know says they hate it and
> don't listen, yet nothing is changing.

The rating must suck, contracts must be coming up. I think regular radio is dead, I always listen to sirius/xm.
hell the college radio station WNRN in Charlottesville down by VT is better than DC 101.

Posted by: Roanoke ()
Date: August 07, 2014 01:32PM

I used to live in Fairfax County, but moved to Roanoke a little over 4 years ago. About a week or two ago, they started to synchronize our local alt rock station to EITM. I couldn't believe it. I figured that guy was on his way out, but it appears his empire is actually growing.

Posted by: Howards Turn ()
Date: August 07, 2014 04:48PM

DC/101 has been adrift for 20 years, yet it keeps plugging along, in recent years with radio behemoth Clear Channel. It billed itself as something of an alternative rock format station in recent yeasrs but was really a classic rock station whose idea of classic was 90s acts like the Cunting fucking Crows instead of, say, Heart of Rush from the 70s and 80s. It once had a long and proud reputation as a straight-up rock station. It thinks it is catering to the college set by playing self-pitying "whiner" rock; you know... that "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage" hissy fit bullshit.

Posted by: Elliot Sucks ()
Date: August 07, 2014 08:26PM

Clear channel is a shit company. All their stations are the same boring garbage across the country. Been that way for a couple decades now. Its amazing how many mindless idiots enjoy hearing the same shit all day every day.

Posted by: old format ()
Date: August 07, 2014 08:32PM

Elliot Sucks Wrote:
> Clear channel is a shit company. All their
> stations are the same boring garbage across the
> country. Been that way for a couple decades now.
> Its amazing how many mindless idiots enjoy hearing
> the same shit all day every day.

What's amazing is that it's still on air. Nobody listens to that same old boring shit. same shit, nothing changes. You have to think the ratings suck ass and someone would get fired or change the format. It can't get any worse.

Posted by: Yep. ()
Date: August 07, 2014 09:16PM

old format Wrote:
> Elliot Sucks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Clear channel is a shit company. All their
> > stations are the same boring garbage across the
> > country. Been that way for a couple decades
> now.
> > Its amazing how many mindless idiots enjoy
> hearing
> > the same shit all day every day.
>
>
> What's amazing is that it's still on air. Nobody
> listens to that same old boring shit. same shit,
> nothing changes. You have to think the ratings
> suck ass and someone would get fired or change the
> format. It can't get any worse.

They don't care. The listener is not the customer. Their cheap ass lackluster programming is all paid for by their advertising sales. Until companies quit paying them to advertise, they will continue to exist. Cable tv has turned into the same shit.

Posted by: Just bad Radio ()
Date: August 07, 2014 10:14PM

the ratings must be on a mean average, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell advertisement.
I would fire a sales staff for advertising on Clear Channel. They must have the market cornered?
But who listens to this shit radio?
It blows my mind the shitty music they play over and over again. The EITM show has been on for how many years? Time to get rid of that fuck face. The sun has been shining on his ass for way too long, same with the fucking music.

Posted by: hate it all ()
Date: August 09, 2014 11:41PM

101 has been trying to play catch up to all the other stations since the mid 90's. They fired the king of all media, howard stern, hired a racist, unfunny and downright stupid grease man, and tried to imitate whfs's progresive rock format years after people woke up and realized they suck. Elliot in the morning is a braying ass with a laugh that makes me wince and change the channel. Hope the station burns down and they all leave town.

Posted by: Kill 4 more and let's take...... ()
Date: August 09, 2014 11:43PM

hate it all Wrote:
> 101 has been trying to play catch up to all the
> other stations since the mid 90's. They fired the
> king of all media, howard stern, hired a racist,
> unfunny and downright stupid grease man, and tried
> to imitate whfs's progresive rock format years
> after people woke up and realized they suck.
> Elliot in the morning is a braying ass with a
> laugh that makes me wince and change the channel.
> Hope the station burns down and they all leave
> town.

Greaseman was the best! Everyone else sucks.

Posted by: morning drive ()
Date: August 09, 2014 11:58PM

the grease man was better than elliot in the morning. And the grease man sucked ass, That's how bad elliot sucks...

Posted by: Sergeant Fury ()
Date: August 10, 2014 09:41AM

morning drive Wrote:
> the grease man was better than elliot in the
> morning. And the grease man sucked ass, That's how
> bad elliot sucks...

Lick my balls, dummy. The Grease was awesome. But I agree that Elliot is horrible.

Posted by: thatGuy ()
Date: August 10, 2014 09:06PM

Artic Monkeys are horrible.

Posted by: jmuG7 ()
Date: August 10, 2014 09:38PM

Eliot makes me cringe my teeth when I turn it on to 101 and hear his annoying little mans voice. Unfortunately their is no way a radio station can figure out how many listeners they have. If they could he would be long gone by now.

Posted by: Former Program director ()
Date: August 10, 2014 09:52PM

jmuG7 Wrote:
> Eliot makes me cringe my teeth when I turn it on
> to 101 and hear his annoying little mans voice.
> Unfortunately their is no way a radio station can
> figure out how many listeners they have. If they
> could he would be long gone by now.

Yes they can. And the ratings suck, same for the sports junkies. I think they both have a 3.5 share, That's really fucking bad. This is the nations capitol, I would think a program director would get fired or change the format. It can't get worse. well, 99.1 HFS went all spic now all news, that is worse, not by much.

Posted by: Spooler ()
Date: August 11, 2014 10:55AM

Yeah what more do they have to lose? Just go all out and go nuts and play some real music...but real music and DC just don't go together. The majority of unoriginal dbags in their late 20's - mid 30's are still listening to Dave Matthews, or maybe if they are feeling brave some Kanye West.

Posted by: bobb ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:43PM

Now, I agree as much as the next 'murican that DC101's playlist sucks now. But goddamn, what AREN'T you Virginians pissed at? But.. then again if I lived in the state with the shittiest drivers, I'd have my panties in a bunch too. Anyways, leave it to you fucks to have a place to bitch about things that don't matter incessantly. Stay perpetually mad, dickheads.

PS. Radio's dead, you elderly bitches.

Posted by: x9pWD ()
Date: August 23, 2014 11:25AM

bobb Wrote:
> Now, I agree as much as the next 'murican that
> DC101's playlist sucks now. But goddamn, what
> AREN'T you Virginians pissed at? But.. then again
> if I lived in the state with the shittiest
> drivers, I'd have my panties in a bunch too.
> Anyways, leave it to you fucks to have a place to
> bitch about things that don't matter incessantly.
> Stay perpetually mad, dickheads.
>
> PS. Radio's dead, you elderly bitches.

It's all they're good at in Virginia, especially NOVA. Constantly complaining and doing NOTHING to fix it.

Posted by: Nanoo nanoo ()
Date: August 23, 2014 11:36AM

I moved here from NY and the radio here sucks dick, between clear Channel and IHeart stations I have to go purchase satellite radio or a car that has Pandora. How many times do I have to hear some jerkoff Irish Folk sounding band crooning and its called a rock station?

Posted by: Free Bird ()
Date: August 23, 2014 12:20PM

The music programming dept should be fired. the stations here fucking blow. gee, lets play more smashing pumpkins.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: August 22, 2019 06:40PM

Ever hear his laugh? I feel like reaching through the speaker and squeezing his neck. He laughs at everything. You could take him to a concentration camp and he'd be laughing.

Posted by: Laughing Hyena Still Sucks ()
Date: August 23, 2019 09:31AM

Doug Wrote:
> Ever hear his laugh? I feel like reaching through
> the speaker and squeezing his neck. He laughs at
> everything. You could take him to a concentration
> camp and he'd be laughing.

Oh the laughing Hyena. Yes, he has the worst voice and laugh in all of radio. The big question is, how can people listen to him? Obviously some people do.

I used to listen until he laughed, and this was usually less than 10 seconds.

Posted by: Frank from Centreville ()
Date: August 23, 2019 10:23AM

Elliott is borderline retarded. Without the other two, he would just fart and crack 3rd grade jokes all morning and maybe crank call a few people.

Posted by: 9efdf ()
Date: August 23, 2019 01:55PM

i think it's time you give up some of your marajuana money and get an Android alternatives to Apple's iPod touch

Posted by: tghyhnr ()
Date: August 23, 2019 01:57PM

actually the internet is DEEP in free music on YOUTUBE

it's government funded and who gets paid is "far from fair"

and controlled by google - who's funneling USA's money and technology out of the country to terrorist nations - and forces it's consumers to use chinese made computers (android)

Date: August 23, 2019 01:58PM

you have to ask why that fucking hindu google is benefitting from free music

while radio stations are still getting harassed to replay the same shit over and over

the answer: FUCK OBAMA

Posted by: Ted’s Thread ()
Date: August 23, 2019 02:02PM

Elliot’s laugh is annoying AF, but let’s not forget about Mike Jones. His is just as annoying. Roach is the only cool guy that’s left

Date: August 23, 2019 02:03PM

You KNOW it was that fucking hindu, and some germans, that ran the Linux wars and killed off linux and made it a bitch of china that doesn't support Intel or X11 ? while injecting viruses, backdoors, continually flawed security ?? breaking old apps replacing them with poison technology?

right?

Date: August 23, 2019 02:11PM

the tandy was a cool machine

it was a good design for the price you paid

it was for the poor people and kids, who couldn't touch a higher end deal for anything close to a reasonable price

PEOPLE SAID COMPUTERS WERE STUPID AND WOULD NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, PROGRAMMERS WERE JUST ARTISTS AND KINDA STUPID

funding for improvement was near zero, atari went out of business, IBM lost the market to asian imports, government's official stance was that it was a worthless technology - and Bill Clinton helped the chinese attack american brands

Posted by: SweetBeast ()
Date: February 26, 2020 05:53PM

DC101 nowhere near as good as HFS used to be, but EITM makes me laugh every morning. I love Elliot's chainsmoking childishness, and the laugh doesn't piss me off either.

But, MIKE JONES???! What a fucking RETARD. Says shit like "def-er-nately" when he means "definitely"....drives me up the fucking WALL. Seriously, he sounds like he's literally the dumbest person in that office, can't talk worth a shit, and then gets all MERICA and S'PORT OUR TROOOOOOOPS! Guh, go run out a window, moron.

But yeah, the music selection has been WHACK for years and I can literally predict which (of the same 10-15 songs they'll play over a 6month period) is about to come on next based on what commercial is playing. I have but a tiny crap radio in my office and it only gets dc101 clearly, so its on all day e'ry day. Its that or listen to the lady in the cubicle down the way eat. She eats for 8hrs straight and only sucks on her food. Don't think she learned to chew as child.

Posted by: FYMWK ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:49PM

If you don't like DC101 go listen to HOT 99.5 or one of those ghetto stations.

Posted by: Seth Hurwitz ()
Date: February 26, 2020 08:56PM

I like DC101. Elliot in the Morning is my friend. It's My Party motherfuckers.

Posted by: yk4t ()
Date: February 26, 2020 09:15PM

I haven't listened to local radio in years apart from NPR or WTOP. The rest is shit. Last time I heard EITM has to be at least 10 years ago. Didn't he move the show to NY or something when it was getting syndicated?

HFS was best in the 80's/early 90's before the dufuses on the WJFK, or whatever the call letters are these days, moved over there and that station became commercial rather than like a college radio station.

SXM is the only way to go now.

Posted by: Boo fn hoo ()
Date: February 26, 2020 09:24PM

Ricky Ricardo Wrote:
> Why is it that DC 101 is still on the air?
>
> Who in the F chooses their play list?
>
> Maybe if I tune in right now I can catch"Even
> Flow" by Pearl Jam or maybe "Jeremy" for the 3rd
> time this AM.
>
> So why in an area with nearly 4 million people do
> we have such shitty radio stations? Maybe it
> really is just representative of the general
> population of lame Bud lite chugging Red Skin fans
> supported by Gov't Salaries?

You are right...the radio stations here all SUCK..its the only city ive been in that seems to have this problem...hell, even rural areas have better stations

Posted by: Brian S. ()
Date: June 13, 2023 01:37PM

DC 101 is the worst. They play the same f'ing songs from 20 years ago repeatedly! Why can't they play something more recent more often? And they don't just play old shit, they play the worst old shit. I don't know how they are surviving. And Elliot is annoying - his laugh is so fake!

Posted by: Ainz ()
Date: June 16, 2023 08:42PM

It's important to remember that radio stations aim to cater to a broad audience and may prioritize popular or mainstream songs.

Posted by: Huh Dingle ()
Date: June 17, 2023 07:09AM

Here it is, 10 years later and the repulsive Idiot in the Morning is still a thing at DC101. We have a whore as VP and a diaper-soiling dementia patient in the White House. WTF??!

Posted by: observer of the shit ()
Date: June 17, 2023 07:54AM

Huh Dingle Wrote:
> Here it is, 10 years later and the repulsive Idiot
> in the Morning is still a thing at DC101. We have
> a whore as VP and a diaper-soiling dementia
> patient in the White House. WTF??!

Because the public is largely retarded. Elliott is a huge tard. Tyler sits there to keep him from getting kicked off the air and correct him every 5 minutes and Diane backs up Tyler. As for the pants shitter, just yesterday he grabbed Eva Longoria's tits and yelled God Save The Queen before wandering off stage in some odd direction.

The libtard public would re-elect him today.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.